PDA

View Full Version : Which HU Race should i choose???

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 20, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hi.

I will use a Hunter in PSZ but i cant decide which Race
i should use??
So any ideas??

Some additional questions:

1.Is the Difference between HUcast and HUnewm Damage big???
2.HUnewms have low DFP. Do they die more often??

Ok i hope you can answer my questions.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 20, 2011, 06:30 PM
Pros for HUcast/Caseal;
- Highest Health in the game
- Lowest PP in the game
- HP regen
- Highest attack
- Highest Defense

Pros for HUnewm/newearl;
- Highest evasion in game
- Mildly high Mst(mix-ups)
- Can cast support technics
- PP regen
- Mildly high PP
- Low hp

Honestly, it depends on your style of play. If you're okay with taking hits, then HUcast/caseal is the choice for you, but in Super hard, you'll need to heal frequently. If you like doing decent damage, while almost never getting hit, then HUnewm/newearl is for you. In the long run, i'd say HUnewm/newearl is a better choice, because they rarely get hit. The only bad thing is that they die fast versus enemies like ishizirak(because bullets never miss). Enemy techs don't even matter, due to the high resistance to elements.

Keyblade59
Apr 21, 2011, 02:56 PM
My opinion is the HUnewn, just because I can get by easily with the low def, attk, and I just need to boost pp.

I used to have a HUcast, whih was also pretty good, as he is built for only attack and defense, and had a hp regen.

Clavat99
Apr 22, 2011, 12:57 PM
If you give your personal opinion, you are stupid. (this goes to everyone who has ever posted on a thread like this).They are asking for help deciding on what race to play, not to hear a debate about which is better.

It all depends on the players style and what they are used to in a game like this. As you want to be a Hunter, you are looking into melee combat. When it comes down to races, there are a bunch of things to consider:

CASTs vs. Newmans:

CASTs=Tanks/DPS Mix: Can take big damage and can survive a long time even in SH, while their melee damage output is easily the best in the game. Good for player who like getting up close and personal, and dont like worrying about magic. (as CASTs cannot use techniques). However, no matter what build they go through, their PP and EVP cannot equal a Newmans.

Newmans=DPS/Buffers: Can deal some pretty good damage in melee, but are better suited for hit-and-run strikes, as their hp is low as well as their DFP. Because of their high PP, they can use PAs alot and can heal themselves frequently as well as buff up themselves and other players, but no matter the buffs, cannot equal a CAST in ATP and DFP.

Other things to note:

CASTs:
-HP regen
-Can use Traps (DOTs, Freeze, Confuse, Heal/Res)
-Have access to the best deffense and attack items in the game

Newmans:
-PP regen
-Have access to great ATA/EVP items
-Can double as Hunter/Ranger mix.

In other words: CASTs=Newmans! The only thing is some races may be harder to play for certain players, a race might not fit what you enjoy doing, among other things.

I hope this break down helps you decide in what race to play in my fav class! (PS: if you decide to go with a HUcast, i can give you some builds to work for with him/her. My main is a HUcast, so i know a bit about them)

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 22, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ok.
Can you give me some Builds for a HUcast plz??
I want to have one for massive Damage.

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 23, 2011, 05:31 AM
Ok.
Can you give me some Builds for a HUcast plz??
I want to have one for massive Damage.

100 power material
Or if you miss too much, 80 power, 20 hit.
Same goes for the mag status.
With the armor slots, stick whatever /Power you can on it. HUcasts were meant to be cannons

Edit; 80 power, hit should go on the mag, and casts/newmen can only use 80 materials.

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 23, 2011, 05:42 AM
Ok.
How many Damage can i do with this build?
400 or more??

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 23, 2011, 05:44 AM
That depends, what level are you?

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 23, 2011, 05:58 AM
How many Damage can i do at Level 100?

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 23, 2011, 06:00 AM
Depending on your weapon and the weapon's stats;

100-230 per hit
300-510 per hit with a non-chained Photon art(variant)

Or, if your weapon isn't so great, i'd say the most you can do with a standard attack is 120ish

Clavat99
Apr 26, 2011, 01:34 PM
For a DPS HUcast, you want to focus on ATP, ATA, and HP. For this build, raise a mag to level 100 pure power. (meaning you raised it without putting stats into anything other than power) giving you a nice 100 point boost to ATP. Go with around 70 power mats, 15 hit mats, and 15 hp mats. Your hp is already good as a HUcast, so you dont need many, and the ATA you need will come from your weapons, but you will still want a small boost to it to keep you hitting stuff. With this build, Your average (including weapons and mags) will be around 900, and depending on your weapons can easily surpass 1100. Your non-altered damage output (ie: no buffs, no PA's, just your normal, vanilla attack) will be around 300 light, and 400 heavy. altered damage will easily increase both by 50-100 depending on your buffs.

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 26, 2011, 05:18 PM
Oh cool builds. :DDD

I will keep my HUcast.
Ive heard that HUcasts are pretty good Rangers.
Is that true.
I saw some HUcasts online with a Rifle or Handgun too.

Clavat99
Apr 29, 2011, 10:56 AM
All CASTs have good ATA, and HUcasts are no different. Although they aren't as effective as RAcasts at ranged weapons, they can do some good with them. Infact, CASTs have access to one of the best ATA rifles in the game, the Lavateinn. I have it in my inventory at all times on my HUcasts, along with all my melee equipment. ITs actually a good idea to carry around a good ranged weapon with you on any CAST character, as you can run into some sticky situations where melee will get you killed, no matter your build.