PDA

View Full Version : Broken :/

Afro The Great
Apr 21, 2011, 09:32 AM
While looking back to the older days of psu i realized that today people are so lucky they got s-ranks. I joined psu right after fire break ended, and at that time 9* A ranks were hard to come by, and the economy was great! And the reason i say this is that there was as many A ranks and it was much much more fun to play cause of finding boards and get a good percent and all. And the BEST part about it that kept everything in order was grinding! If you broke your weapon it was broke it wasnt no 9/9 no 2/5 nothing it was gone. And i believe if they were to bring that feature back Psu would be more of a challenge. Cause seriously itss crap to see a brand new player to the game have better stuff than people who has been playing ever since the game has came out. It would make everything more fair. If you have any comments on this please speak your mind.

Amaury
Apr 21, 2011, 09:37 AM
PSU is fine the way it is.

End of story.

Vent
Apr 21, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hmm. Can't say I really agree with you. A-ranks are still widely used by a lot of players, because you can mass synthesize them to get a 50% element. If you look at JP PSU, Sega is making a lot of A-rank weapons that have S-rank stats. Why? To make A-ranks less obsolete. Almost all the classes can use A-rank weapons, so why not make them decent too?

The new grinding system is much more friendlier towards players. And Sega is working on making the synthesize system obsolete, which is in my opinion a good thing. Grinding a weapon to 10/10 makes a difference, but it's not because of that that the game feels easy.

The game moves on. If you fall behind. That's your problem. ;-)

Vashyron
Apr 21, 2011, 10:05 AM
Amaury you'd definitely know, seeing as you still play online....ohwait.

On Topic: Since I believe the 1up cup(?) event they started being much more friendly with rares, went from "Ohh that's a nice Two-headed Ragnus" to "Lol another worthless Two-headed Ragnus board." and such has carried on into future events making past rares "worthless." (at least compared to their "worth" before)

To now (at least in JP) where you can find ready made S Rank weapons with a chance of a high percent, dropping nearly everywhere. (Compared to the past)

I liked it better when stuff was rarer, but I won't necessarily say the change wasn't good thing, much more friendly to new players.

Amaury
Apr 21, 2011, 10:21 AM
Amaury you'd definitely know, seeing as you still play online....ohwait.

On Topic: Since I believe the 1up cup(?) event they started being much more friendly with rares, went from "Ohh that's a nice Two-headed Ragnus" to "Lol another worthless Two-headed Ragnus board." and such has carried on into future events making past rares "worthless." (at least compared to their "worth" before)

To now (at least in JP) where you can find ready made S Rank weapons with a chance of a high percent, dropping nearly everywhere. (Compared to the past)

I liked it better when stuff was rarer, but I won't necessarily say the change wasn't good thing, much more friendly to new players.

Apparently you forgot about offline and that I played online.

Vashyron
Apr 21, 2011, 10:29 AM
Apparently you forgot about offline and that I played online.

Yes, Offline, it has an awesome player economy and drop rates changing all the time exactly like Online right? And indeed you have played Online, yet your post says "PSU is fine the way it is." Which is in the present.
Besides your post didn't even add to the discussion.

Akaimizu
Apr 21, 2011, 01:27 PM
Broken weapons sucked. You still deal with that possibility when getting rather hard-to-obtain boards and items, with little to nothing to show for it. Probably a good reason to sell the boards instead.

Basically, it's just another luck factor draw put on top of a couple of other luck factor draws. What difference does that make? As long as it is purely luck factor, there's always the good chance that a newbie player (with luck on their side) will get all the cool weapons and stuff before someone who's put in more than 1000 hours did.

This is even apparent in something like Final Fantasy XI. A person who played for months and months, or over a year, might not obtain the kind of stuff some new person gets in 4 to 6 weeks. Luck Factor is the chief reason for this, and more than enough, with the increase of rarity increases how Luck defeats statistics in making it seem fair to you.

blobby404
Apr 24, 2011, 08:35 AM
Online games like this can change drastically within years space, if the games still fun to play so what? I think what Vent said pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. Not like S - Ranks arent rare or anything. Youve still got to pay lots of Meseta for the really decent ones. I got my first rank S yesterday axe type weapon: Ank Dedda its awesome! Got it dirt cheap in a player shop!