PDA

View Full Version : Questions of a newbie

Blury
Apr 22, 2011, 03:39 AM
Good morning everybody !

First of all, I would like to apologize for the faults I am about to do, in fact english is not my mother language so I have thought that you could have found my spelling bad, and I beg you to don't be too hard with me as people has been wih me on other english forums ( but of course I can understand, just correct my errors ).

So here are my questions !

My first one is : I played with both daggers and double sabers, they are really efficient as they are doing great damages ( 2 shots on the first hit and 3 shots on the third hit with combo ) and as they are pretty fast !

Then I realized that I was avoiding a huge part of the game which is the large choice of weapons ! So i tried double hand swords : slow but good, spears : I hated the gameplay, and one hand swords, gunblades and claws : those three last weapons and more particularly swords and claws were good : I liked the manner we use it as the movements are fluent : but there is the problem : they only do one hit even with the combos ! It also make them really powerless than daggers and double sabers ! In the same time with it you are able to hit 3 times more !

So my first question is : why should I play with weapons which seems worse than the others ? Super hard is difficult ( hate the Arca Plant's boss ) and I must be the most effective as possible.

My second one is really shorter : I have a RAmar and a FOmarl too, I've seen on some topics in the forum that they weren't the best for their roles, RAmar is not he best ranger, and FOmarl is not the best magician. The fact is that I really like their skins and suits, so is the different between them and the best other characters really big ? Do they make really worse damages ?

My last question is : I have played with an unknown person in the free play mode ( a corean or a japanese, I don't really know ) , she was playing with a little pink robot girl, she had a gunblade I think and her damages weren't so huge, like 85-90. But when she used photo art it was like : " OH MY GOD ?! " in my head ! She was touching all the monsters and her damages are around 400 ( I've seen 376 and an other time 480; but some times it was less : like 250 ). It was like a big fire storm ! Her weapon was pink too, like her and her wings. So, would I be able to do such high damages if I find this weapon ?

Thank you in anticipation for your future answers :)

Evila
Apr 22, 2011, 06:52 AM
Morning! Your English looks fine. No need to put spaces before punctuation marks though.

First one: Personally when it comes to melee I stick to daggers. If you ever find a high-end sword with the photon art called Over End though, you might end up changing your mind, haha. It's very powerful. I don't really think about DPS and stuff though, I've been playing just fine sticking with weapons that I like because of their visual appearance. Like I'm fond of shields too but not really sure where they place when it comes to power and usefulness. But yes, I think I do remember reading on the JP wiki that daggers are the best when it comes to the number of hits per second they do.

Second one: I actually main a FOmar and RAmarl (JP and US versions respectively) and while they're not the same gender as yours, they're also not the "best" in their classes when it comes to pure damage. Like you I picked them because of appearances. They've both carried me through solo play well, and can hold their own in parties. I really don't have any complaints. Just be sure to plan your Mag and material spreads in areas that you'd like to strengthen, or weaknesses that you'd like to patch up. Went for an all-around type with my FOmar and mostly power on my RAmarl. Of course having good gear helps too, as does knowing how to deal with the enemies and bosses.

Third one: Hmm, was it this gunblade (http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=213)? No clue what the photon art could have been, because I personally haven't used gunblades much. But yes, if you were to find that weapon with one of the higher attack mod % photon arts, then you could probably output that kind of damage too.

Anyways, hope that helps. Have fun playing.

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 22, 2011, 07:40 AM
I must say my English is really really bad.

So, i must say that Rangers aren't very good in PSZ.
They do low Damage and there are'nt much effective Weapons for Rangers.
Force is very good in PSZ but i would go for FOnewm because he gets a 15%
Damage Boost for ALL Techs.
When you will make a Hunter later, go for HUnewm or HUnewearl.
They have low ATP,DFP,HP and they don't make as good Damage as Casts BUT
they have PP Regen,good MST (for Slicers),high EVP and they can use Techs like Resta which is very good in Super Hard or the Eternal Tower.

I hope i could help.

Arrow
Apr 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
your last question: i think its a gunblade with Earth Bullet (flaming columns), now as for an explanation for why it was doing such high dmgs, probably the chains. you know that little blue word that indicates a number and has the word chain? if she unleashed the PA (photon art) when there was like... 4 Chain or something like that, it'll do massive dmg.

also RAcaseal was the chara class ya saw.

furthermore: each wep has its perks

lances: can hit from a distance w/ decent power
swords: massive splash attack and power
D sabres: high attack and rate
sabres: moderate attack and rate
daggers: high rate of attack
gunblades: range (fans out) and melee
guns: self explanatory
shields: best defensive item in the game, blocks 99% of all frontal attacks while holding L and with PA barrier shift, can protect allies for a few secs against everything
rods, slicers and wands: if ya like magic (for Forces) slicers are good range attack weps if ya have high MST

finally: i sugest having one of each that your chara can use and test em in different cases

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 22, 2011, 12:44 PM
@arrow

What does "Massive Damage" means??
300 or more??

Arrow
Apr 22, 2011, 01:05 PM
@arrow

What does "Massive Damage" means??
300 or more??

about, yes
take for example:
if wep deals normally 75 dmg
PA deals normally 100 dmg
If PA is used on an enemy that a "chain" has been established...
then dmg bonus is like 25% additional on top of normal PA dmg
1 chain = 25%
2 chain = 50% etc.

(not the best numbers but ya get the picture)

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 22, 2011, 01:13 PM
But i have one question:

How do i make chains???
I always do 1 or 2 chains but then the Enemy is dead.

Arrow
Apr 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
But i have one question:

How do i make chains???
I always do 1 or 2 chains but then the Enemy is dead.

2 solutions:
A) go with a weak wep or no wep at all
B) big tough enemy with alot of health

a side note to others that don't know: chains are formed when 2 or more ppl attack one enemy with the 3 hit combo and are broken when A) one person fails to complete a 3 hit combo, B) time runs out, C) enemy dies, D) PA is used on it

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 23, 2011, 05:43 AM
2 solutions:
A) go with a weak wep or no wep at all
B) big tough enemy with alot of health

a side note to others that don't know: chains are formed when 2 or more ppl attack one enemy with the 3 hit combo and are broken when A) one person fails to complete a 3 hit combo, B) time runs out, C) enemy dies, D) PA is used on it

You missed one-- If someone switches their weapon(online only), the chain forcefully disappears, no matter if everyone continues chaining. I know this because of the hope of doing the highest damage anyone can ever deal-- Celeb3 Ainsraiffe, dark 50% or higher, 100 chain on falz, Over end. Everytime we got to 90, everyone continued shooting, and i opened my item menu to pull out ainsraiffe, and the chain was going up still. As i made the switch to Ainsraiffe, the chain magically disappears, even though the next gunshot would have been 90(x) on the chain. It happened every single time i pulled out ainsraiffe. Basically, one person will have to wait with x weapon and charge their pa toward 97 chain.