PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Payment Issue

BIG OLAF
Apr 22, 2011, 05:00 PM
This is more of a general Xbox question, but I'll post it here because it does have to do with PSU, in a way, too.

I recently switched banks, due to having to move up to my dad's house. I used to be with Chase, and had no problems with Xbox LIVE as far as payments went. I entered in my card fine on Xbox.com and all that jazz.

Fast forward a little bit. I had to leave Chase, due to the fact that there isn't a Chase around my dad's house (nearest branch is over an hour away). So, I switched to PNC, which has a branch right down the street. I got my card in the mail yesterday, activated it over the phone, and even bought a candy bar at Winn-Dixie just to make sure that my card was activated.

So, I try to input my PNC bank card as a new payment option on Xbox.com, since my old Chase card has obviously been deactivated. I entered all the information correctly, yet I keep getting the error message "please enter a valid card number".

Does Xbox LIVE not accept PNC Bank as a payment option? If that's the case, then I'm probably screwed. Thanks for the advice and replies in advance.

Carrighan
Apr 22, 2011, 06:16 PM
Does your PN card have a Mastercard or Visa logo on it? If not that's the problem as xbox wont accept atm cards.

BIG OLAF
Apr 22, 2011, 06:49 PM
Does your PN card have a Mastercard or Visa logo on it? If not that's the problem as xbox wont accept atm cards.

No, it's a registered Visa card.

EDIT: Never mind. I called Xbox Support and got it all straightened out.