PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Xbox360 PSU community?

blobby404
Apr 23, 2011, 01:29 PM
When i say PSU community i don't just mean this site i mean the whole community of people playing the Xbox360 version of PSU. Personally i think it is great. On my first day or so i asked for help and i got it within 5 minutes or so. Ive met some very helpful people who have given me many free items which are rare. I think some of the higher levels can be Ass holes but overall the community is what is making me want to carry on playing the game. Once i get my keyboard sorted out i can't wait to talk to some of the people and communicate properly without having to manually type with the A button and D-Pad.

BIG OLAF
Apr 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
The majority (not a vast majority, though) of the 360 community are spammers, scammers, assholes, and/or morons.

Sounds like you got extremely lucky actually running into people that would help you. Usually newer players get discouraged when they first start on PSU, as most others are just plain rude and refuse to help them.

But don't let what I said get to you. There are, as you've seen, still plenty of good people willing to help. I recommend finding a close group of friends to play with, and sticking together. It makes PSU way more enjoyable.

Ishia
Apr 23, 2011, 01:45 PM
Poop.

xmoonprismpowerx
Apr 23, 2011, 02:08 PM
Just like with anywhere else, there's the good and the bad.

Vintasticvin
Apr 23, 2011, 02:40 PM
Sadly Moon is right about that there bub, no matter where you go the good the bad and the ugly is there. (Am I the only one who wishes for my own private floating island, just to get away from it all once in a while?)

Lucidia
Apr 23, 2011, 02:41 PM
I personally didn't think it worth it to be paying to get treated like dirt by other players and the GMs being apathetic at best. I migrated to JP's PC server and I've run into only one troll. To each their own though, I suppose.

blobby404
Apr 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
Tell you what ticked me right off yesterday when i was doing the event mission with this guy he kicked everyone out after we defeated Dark Falz so he could get all the drops!

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 23, 2011, 11:12 PM
Tell you what ticked me right off yesterday when i was doing the event mission with this guy he kicked everyone out after we defeated Dark Falz so he could get all the drops!

^This is an incredibly common situation, and pretty much sums up the "random" community (For the most part) in a nutshell. Yeah, you can find a few cool ppl running with random ppl, but it's worse than finding a needle in a haystack.

Cybermynd
Apr 23, 2011, 11:17 PM
Its really not all that bad. While I was playing on the 360 side I only ever ran random parties and didn't have too many issues. Granted you have to deal with the occasional party of people that doesn't have proper gear/pa's and stuff but you can just leave those and join another one in short order usually.

Powder Keg
Apr 23, 2011, 11:44 PM
There's plenty of good people out there. But like anywhere else... more people = more idiots. And there's an awful lot of spamming (like people selling items instead of making a trade list or using their shop)

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 23, 2011, 11:47 PM
Its really not all that bad. While I was playing on the 360 side I only ever ran random parties and didn't have too many issues. Granted you have to deal with the occasional party of people that doesn't have proper gear/pa's and stuff but you can just leave those and join another one in short order usually.

How long ago was this? Cause in the 5 months I've been on the 360 servers, I've run into more jerks than in my 3+ years on PS2 combined. So either you just got incredibly lucky or it's gotten worse. (Or of course I'm just too picky lol)

Cybermynd
Apr 24, 2011, 12:18 PM
I think your just to picky. I've been playing online games for the last 15 odd years so maybe I've developed a thick skin.

blkbeast
Apr 24, 2011, 02:40 PM
the girls are easy.
the guys think they the best at everything.
bad and good.

Quatre52
Apr 24, 2011, 10:29 PM
Haven't run into many problems myself. A lot of people who seem to be anti-social, but tend to play just fine.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 24, 2011, 11:25 PM
Lol, some of you here must have really bad luck.

The 360 community isnt that bad at all. Pretty much Moon summed it up the best. To put it simple, there's good and bad like ANYWHERE else.

I've ran missions with PLENTY of cool people in Uni1 and 2.

However you do get your bad ones once in a while. People who try to scam you, people who boot you from bosses to get all the boxes or when there's a rare spawn etc etc.

But like Moon said, there's good and bad.

From my personal experience, there's far more friendly people than bad.

FirefoxKyuubi
Apr 25, 2011, 03:13 AM
I've been on PSU on Xbox 360 for since 2006/2007 and Yes Ive seen my fair share of Asshole. There are so many people that acts big and bad. once you start making good friends the game is fun but the keywords there is making friends. Without a good people to play with the game gets old and tiresome and you will want to quit. Watch out for scamers and you would be pretty much alright.

Yes the higher levels can be real dicks and even worst are the people that make fun of your weapons (Fact of the matter is that no matter what weapons you have. the game is still easy) but just play to have fun forget all of the A**holes of the game.

bloodflowers
Apr 25, 2011, 06:18 AM
It's worse now than it has ever been. You can get scammed every day of the week if you like, and the spamming is ridiculous due to a glitch they're abusing that Sega don't care enough to fix.

PSU on the 360 is at the end of its days now, in terms of both the community and Sega's input.

Thunderflash
Apr 25, 2011, 11:49 AM
I played PSU the last few days on 360 and the community was just fine. Except one player who was sitting in a corner and spams "hello" all the time ;). But I only met friendly and helpful people.

Nereid
Apr 25, 2011, 11:58 AM
Meh, when there were a lot more players at the launch of the game I felt it was REALLY bad, but now it's pretty easy to avoid the bad players because they all stick around the same area. Overall, though, I would never come back to this community.

Galax
Apr 25, 2011, 02:41 PM
I mainly stick with the few people I know that still play. I met a few people for starters, then I got introduced through them to some other people. Later on I met a few more people who were really awesome. Sadly, hardly any of those people are still active. I don't even start runs without a party lock anymore. All my friends know the password I use, and if they forgot they can mail me. I'm not too eager to make more friends, really; I exchange cards sometimes, but those people are never on, either.

tl;dr Make some friends that are active. Stick with them. You'll be fine.

Afro The Great
Apr 25, 2011, 07:35 PM
I think that the commmunity would be awhole lot better if they had different servers for different purposes. Like an actual trade universe for trading only, but spammers would still go to the universe were everyone is doing runs cause thats were the people are....I believe that Psu could be better. Saga of America sucks at running the servers, I hate scammers as much as the next person. It retarded to even scam in the first place, cause one it ruins your rep, and it can "Possibly" get you banned, or whatever they do to you. There is so many things they could do to fix Psu to were it could be awesome, if only they listened to the players. And when im talking about players i mean the ones who actually know what they are talking about.

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
People kept leaving,so it got annoying.Oh and fucking White Beast never again,NEVER.I did have a few friend's that were fun it liked to mix things up,but fuck they all left and I was right behind them.

Pwincess
Apr 25, 2011, 11:13 PM
Anyone complaining about the people using the keyboard glitch need to calm down and b-list. it's not that hard. Also, as some have said theres a bunch of nice people on PSU 360, but seeing everyone is different and everyone will take things differntly, this topic is invalid on the fact stated in bold above >:)
We all have our own issues, I personally don't like undercutters. It doesn't mean the community is bad, I just disagree with how they go about playing.
/end

AnonymousHat00
Apr 26, 2011, 09:10 AM
You have to have found some secret society, because almost everyone i run into always tries to F^ my day in some way shape or form.

But, hey if you are finding help good for you^^. at least someone out there that will help. But this forum is also full of some pretty nice ppl so don't hesitate to ask some of the ppl on the forum for help :)!

blobby404
Apr 26, 2011, 10:15 AM
Anyone complaining about the people using the keyboard glitch need to calm down and b-list. it's not that hard. Also, as some have said theres a bunch of nice people on PSU 360, but seeing everyone is different and everyone will take things differntly, this topic is invalid on the fact stated in bold above >:)
We all have our own issues, I personally don't like undercutters. It doesn't mean the community is bad, I just disagree with how they go about playing.
/end

This topic isn't "Invalid" its about opinions and there is actually such thing as a good or bad community.

Mordi
Apr 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm not fond of it but i enjoy the game to a point where it all balances out.

Pwincess
Apr 29, 2011, 01:50 PM
This topic isn't "Invalid" its about opinions and there is actually such thing as a good or bad community.

I guess you didn't understand... We all come from different walks of life, and all agree and disagree with different things. I think trying to catorgize the commnuity is impossible seeing that not one of us is alike.
You may hate the trash talker on the 4th floor, going on and on about his pallet. Another might envy the person and cling to his every word. Another could care less and make fun of him with friends (That's the kinda stuff I do ^^)

So this thread is pointless. We all know theres immature people along with mature people.

I also think that topics like this bring out people who wanna talk trash because either they recently got host booted after a game and is still bitter, or someone who just LOVES to disagree with people for the heck of it.

I was merely showing that no matter what this topic isn't very helpful... except to the people who all say the same things and want others to re-confirm it :) Hahahahahah @ all of you that do it!

OH! And don't get pmssy because you can't find the right kida people to hang out with!! :D

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 30, 2011, 03:31 AM
I think your just to picky. I've been playing online games for the last 15 odd years so maybe I've developed a thick skin.

I feel I should clarify, as after reading my original posts it comes off as mindless ranting.

A majority of the ppl I run into in this community are self centered or incredibly immature, which is why I don't enjoy running with random pll too often.

I'm not saying that everyone on the servers are like that, I've met quite a few ppl who's company I enjoy and play with them often. It's like others have said, you get good mixed in with the bad.

My frustration mostly stems from the lack of maturity on the 360 vs most other online games I play.

As for being picky, yeah I'll grant you that. I'd like to think that I'm really laid back and understanding all the time, but that would be a lie. I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is limited.

Here's a situation that happens all too often on 360 that bugs me: Running the current event (Epsilon) and a fightmaster starts chewing out the Fortefighter for not killing fast enough at the end of the robot block (Stage 3), I ask his to ease up. He says eff you noobs and leaves.

This is not a rare thing to see on the 360 servers. Granted I still love playing this game. In hindsight, I probably should have said "If you know a few ppl who you enjoy playing with yes otherwise no" But I guess that's what I get for elaborating on an opinion :p