PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Grand Prix PSO2 reveal

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2011, 04:46 PM
I think you'll find that at least a good half of the fan base would really hate that idea, and that is why SEGA won't do it.

I don't see why, especially if BOTH were implemented. Tons of RPG's use huge worlds these days. As long as there were teleporters and other ways to get around quickly (spaceships or mounts, anyone?), as well as towns of some sort in convenient locations, I'd be totally fine with it.

everything is partioned off in thoes games, no i want an open world like vanguard, or even that stupid eqoa, I can run from a city into a forest into a marsh threw a dungeon into a cave, into a valley and then into another city with no loading screens. i don't have to load into chuncks, i can freely travel the boundaries without a waiting for town to load screen.

I'm pretty sure FF14 does this too. I know in FF11, you had to zone from one place to another, though. Enemies would chase you to the ends of the Earth if you didn't zone sometimes... @_@ Luckily they don't in FF14.

Loading screens or not (although preferably without), I'd love to see similar maps in a Phantasy Star game. It was rather disappointing when in PSU, you could go down to each planet, but always arrive at a tiny-ass town with areas mostly for shopping and transport to mission lobbies...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 04:48 PM
It's a matter of preference, but a lot of people prefer the instanced, one lobby solution of PSO, and for good reason.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:57 PM
Since it is already randomly generated it would be lame,plus we already have one of those types of games,play DCUO =D!Looks lame,plays like Jackson guitar

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2011, 05:05 PM
now it's about rares being binded?

The only thing I think that ever made sense in mmo's was binding modified/custom/upgraded weapons.

It kind of kills the entrepreneurship of the games economy. I can understand it in the portable games, But the main games gotta be more serious.

Zyrusticae
Apr 25, 2011, 05:09 PM
Everybody has really good rares so to fix this we should make everything account bound but we should keep drop rates way too high so that everybody has really good rares.

You aren't making any sense.
If you really can't see the problems inherent in infinite item proliferation, there's really nothing to discuss here.

Edit: Here, a nifty article talking about the issue at hand: http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/06/03/player-consequences-item-binding/

Essentially, it is simply the best solution for the problem. The only way to NOT have item binding is to have retardedly low drop rates or everyone shares the same dungeons.

Tons of people have quit other games because of those low drop rates. I don't think that is the solution you're looking for.

(Destructibility would be an alternative, but considering the type of game this is... well, good luck with that!)

•Col•
Apr 25, 2011, 05:18 PM
Do you know if what you're looking at is a PA or just a regular heavy attack? There's nothing very flashy at all in the video. Most of it is regular combos.

I'm thinking the Light and Heavy attack system is back from PSO.

If that's true, then it means that heavy attacks cost PP now lol.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 05:21 PM
(Destructibility would be an alternative, but considering the type of game this is... well, good luck with that!)You have really bad opinions about game mechanics.

Ceresa
Apr 25, 2011, 05:22 PM
If you really can't see the problems inherent in infinite item proliferation, there's really nothing to discuss here.

Edit: Here, a nifty article talking about the issue at hand: http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/06/03/player-consequences-item-binding/

Essentially, it is simply the best solution for the problem. The only way to NOT have item binding is to have retardedly low drop rates or everyone shares the same dungeons.

Tons of people have quit other games because of those low drop rates. I don't think that is the solution you're looking for.

(Destructibility would be an alternative, but considering the type of game this is... well, good luck with that!)

Just need to make weapons have a chance of breaking on grinding, damn shame they took that away.

Zyrusticae
Apr 25, 2011, 05:28 PM
You have really bad opinions about game mechanics.
Oh, really?

Explain to me how you introduce destructibility without completely marginalizing the desirability of rares.

Or of anything that's not bottom-tier material.

Just need to make weapons have a chance of breaking on grinding, damn shame they took that away.
Only works if people actually want to take the risk.

We all saw how well that worked out...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 05:34 PM
PSO worked out just fine without account binding or pointless destruction.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 25, 2011, 05:37 PM
FFS, weapons breaking when grinding was the dumbest thing ever. Frak that. I will hunt down and kick Sakai in the balls if he does that crap again.

RARES are *not* easy to find especially tough when one has limited time to even play the damn game itself. Weapons becoming nerfed/broken with a failed grinding was stupid IMO. I don't want that in PSO 2 at all.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 05:40 PM
Let's go back to rares being RARES like pso and not as common like PSP2.I swear the armor and Del jeda(whatever that rare A rank Twin Saber was called) kept dropping

Ceresa
Apr 25, 2011, 05:41 PM
FFS, weapons breaking when grinding was the dumbest thing ever. Frak that. I will hunt down and kick Sakai in the balls if he does that crap again.

RARES are *not* easy to find especially tough when one has limited time to even play the damn game itself. Weapons becoming nerfed/broken with a failed grinding was stupid IMO. I don't want that in PSO 2 at all.

You aren't entitled to finding rares, nor are you entitled to grinding them to max. It was also never necessary to have them maxed, that power boost was meaningless fluff. A fun gamble.

Repairing broken weapons is also good cash shop fodder.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2011, 05:42 PM
I dunno I like things breaking while grinding. :0

It made you feel like it was possible to lose things, due to your own screw ups...If anything the number of times you can grind it being notched down instead...just felt like an okiku doll to the face for me.

The part that bugged me, was having to synthesize a new one...

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 05:43 PM
No, it was silly. Weeks worth of hunting that particular item gone to waste. It makes the game more frustratingly stupid.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 05:44 PM
Good thing the game gives you OPTIONS to not GRIND or LOSE items based on YOUR own ACTIONS

Uncle_bob
Apr 25, 2011, 05:51 PM
You aren't entitled to having fun.

Okay. :disapprove:

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2011, 05:57 PM
No, it was silly. Weeks worth of hunting that particular item gone to waste. It makes the game more frustratingly stupid.

Yeah but that's the thing. YOU wasted it, if you wanted to keep more than you wanted it to dish out a couple hundred more damage it wouldn't have happened. 8D

But this is one of those things I DON'T expect people to agree with me on.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 25, 2011, 06:18 PM

I agree.

I never said or implied that I was entitled to rares. So please don't put words in my mouth I never said or suggested Ceresa.

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 08:49 PM
Why do you people only ever have black & white opinions? Jesus, it's so annoying. account-binding weapons isn't a stupid idea. It's just a not-so-smart idea for a game like PSO.

On one hand, you have weapons that are super high and powerful that are difficult to obtain. There never has to be a large number of these in circulation. Why?

1) they're hard to obtain. Most people who look for them will have a very hard time finding one.

2) they're hard to even qualify to obtain. it's usually near endgame or farther when you're even able to effectively attempt to get one.

3) Even if people have them, people arent going to part easily with them. They're godlike weapons, afterall.

The main reason i dont think it's necessary is because it's pretty counterproductive. It stops circulation of a super high item, but in doing so essentially makes it easier to get than otherwise. Besides, PSO is one of the only games i know where people actually trade and give away their unneeded weapons. Like, a rare weapon will drop, and people would willingly give it away to someone who could actually use it. Limiting trade in a game like this is just...well, pretty lame.

The Edel weapons were account binded because im pretty sure they were easy to obtain compared to an item that just had an abysmally low drop rate. And besides, as long as the server economy isn't terribly inflated, the value of Meseta should be more than enough to allow you to buy what you want from player shops if they're selling their items.

I enjoyed PSU's player market / My Room system -- actually, it was pretty damn good. I'd like to see it return, honestly. It even gave you a little room to advertise. And BOY, it was fun working the market prices to get my shit to sell. I got rich pretty damn quick.

But yeah, all they need is a few money sinks and there's nothing wrong with high-level rares being bought out with Meseta. Which is PRECISELY why this game will be so lame with a cash shop. The things that you'd usually turn into a money sink (upgrading, customizing weapons) instead break the market apart. That said, weapon breaking/degrading was the dumbest shit on earth. Im being a hypocrite right now because my opinion on that has NO shades of gray.

And PSO doesn't need super large maps. It kind of defeats the purpose. They go with instanced because 1) its faster and 2) you can bottleneck events into the area. Anything you can do with a giant map, you can do with an instanced map way easier. Nobody ever said you can't have an instance with a giant room variation in it.

You have greater control over designing things to do in instanced areas. Making the areas super huge (WoW, Perfect World) would only be counterproductive to PSO, in my opinion. I mean, what would you really gain? Aside from having to run longer?

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
I miss Mono,Di and Trigrinders

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:06 PM
If they could get some kind of weapon upgrade or customization shop that would be a nice place to spend meseta (as in color change on the weapons and such).

-Wayu

Blueblur
Apr 25, 2011, 09:13 PM
....Why not? It's an ugly error, but honestly they could have released wireframe shots of the game and nobody (at this point) can really bitch about it. This is the gameplay videos BEFORE the alpha test of the game. (which comes BEFORE the beta, which comes BEFORE the final game.)
Because they should avoid all bad press. I understand the game is pre-alpha, I'm one of the people in the NeoGAF thread that keeps repeating that, but they should mindful of the assets they release. To be honest, few people have noticed so it is a non-issue.

well, its not even actually in alpha yet... which worries me since i think it said they plan to launch it this year.
Yeah, I seriously doubt this game will launch this year. I expect an early Spring 2012 release, honestly.

I think you'll find that at least a good half of the fan base would really hate that idea, and that is why SEGA won't do it.
I'm one of them. I really hated PSU's MMO-wannabe field lobbies which segregated the player community endlessly; well, until White Beast reunited everyone! *rimshot*

PSO and PSU are not MMOs and this game shouldn't try to be one either. I hope they stick to centralized lobbies and separate game sessions ala PSO and PSP2i. I think they could even go as far as having a separate store in the lobby to facilitate standard item purchases (monomates, clothers/parts) and trading while waiting for friends to sign on. Hell, maybe include some minigames like PSO Version 2 did with soccer lobbies. (But make them better of course.)

Zyrusticae
Apr 25, 2011, 09:16 PM
It helps to note that the level of variety in the items can greatly influence the market.

If there is a HUGE variety of items (including, possibly, randomly generated stats) then binding is not necessary simply due to the fact that everyone has different wants and needs and every item covers those needs in different ways. The variety can mean there are super-ridiculously-rare items that only, say, a number of players in the double digits ever sees over the game's lifetime, and it's perfectly acceptable because there's enough items that are close enough that drop on a more regular basis.

The reason I say MMOs require binding is because they always have items that are the best. They don't have the kind of MASSIVE VARIATION that rogue-alikes (PSO, Diablo, every Diablo clone ever made) do; they have very distinct tiers of items that are very clear-cut in their purpose and power. (Which, actually, is something that is probably a really big current flaw of MMOs in general...). Without binding, these games would quickly lose their luster as items simply flooded the market and allowed people to hit the top tier in no time at all.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:19 PM
They should make meseta harder to attain...it drops like candy with all the weapons that you can sell. Either that or increase the maximum meseta level and make stuff cost a lot more.

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 09:21 PM
Well, rare weapons in the PSO series always sell for 10 meseta.

I remember as a force in PSO, my money was always tight because Trifluids were expensive as hell and monofluids were damn useless.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 09:22 PM
They should make meseta harder to attain...it drops like candy with all the weapons that you can sell. Either that or increase the maximum meseta level and make stuff cost a lot more.

-Wayu

Remember PSU offline,where a pair of shoes was like 84,000.I would hate to go back to those days

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:24 PM
Really? I never had money issues...back in PSO I had max meseta in two character's banks AND in their inventory...

In PSU offline I had more problems but that was easily solved through making and selling Crea Doubles.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2011, 09:25 PM
Because they should avoid all bad press. I understand the game is pre-alpha, I'm one of the people in the NeoGAF thread that keeps repeating that, but they should mindful of the assets they release. To be honest, few people have noticed so it is a non-issue.

Yeah, I seriously doubt this game will launch this year. I expect an early Spring 2012 release, honestly.

I'm one of them. I really hated PSU's MMO-wannabe field lobbies which segregated the player community endlessly; well, until White Beast reunited everyone! *rimshot*

PSO and PSU are not MMOs and this game shouldn't try to be one either. I hope they stick to centralized lobbies and separate game sessions ala PSO and PSP2i. I think they could even go as far as having a separate store in the lobby to facilitate standard item purchases (monomates, clothers/parts) and trading while waiting for friends to sign on. Hell, maybe include some minigames like PSO Version 2 did with soccer lobbies. (But make them better of course.)

I liked "wannabe" mmo lobbies, it made the game feel like you were in a whole world , and not just a giant cave or a forest the size of football field that you back to over and over

some people might like being in a small room with two shops and a bunch of teleporters, besides, you could still teleport anywhere anyway, and white beast, or the newest mission is not different than everyone's "TTF." @ the wannabe mmo thing. I actually found that most if not all of the lobbies looked a lot nicer than ANY open field you'd find in your average mmo, so that really just makes the statment a pointless insult.

The only true problem is that the visual lobbies were more creative looking than the actual missions.

Other than that I like the reward of seeing a new and pretty place, where you can hang out at when you're just lounging. after completing a mission.

Instead of just going back to a menu or a tiny portion of a space ship.

The only reason it seemed like it was empty and a waste of space was BECAUSE of white beast, and also the fact that near the second halve of PSU's lifespan the community probably had less than 500 active players at a time. most of them probably afk in their rooms/god knows where.

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 09:29 PM

But...nobody cares.

1) alpha
2) pso
3) believe it or not, much more popular in japan than here
4) alpha
5) alpha

There is no press for the game right now. The simple idea that they're essentially including the fans in the development of the game by allowing them to alpha test it is about the best press they can get. They could have been showing box people as the characters and empty environments as the areas if they wanted.

They're in a good position right now. All people wanted was a glimpse, and thats what they have. And it's only going to get better from this point onward. They dont have anything to worry about. (It's precisely why Sakai reassured everyone that this is indeed an alpha.)

PSO and PSU are not MMOs and this game shouldn't try to be one either. I hope they stick to centralized lobbies and separate game sessions ala PSO and PSP2i. I think they could even go as far as having a separate store in the lobby to facilitate standard item purchases (monomates, clothers/parts) and trading while waiting for friends to sign on. Hell, maybe include some minigames like PSO Version 2 did with soccer lobbies.While PSU's lobby system was a pretty bad idea, they were in the right place when they thought of it. Nobody wants to go to the same hub everytime they play, and it gave people bigger community outlets to chill when not hackin n slashin.

They just need to organize everything better.

The idea can return. In fact, im hoping it will. The amount of mission counters in the game just need a drastic decrease.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:31 PM
SEGA has bought themselves quite a bit of time. They impressed the viewers and basically said, "This is the alpha. If you want even more, give us time."

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2011, 09:34 PM
I actually wonder if they DO skim through these forums...

Or if we just have similar opinions to JP players...

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2011, 09:35 PM
Just something I'd like to point out regarding the whole lobbies vs. large maps argument:

You can't fight random monsters in lobbies, yet both can look pretty and be explored.

I'd elaborate more, but I'm keeping an eye on thunderstorm/tornado warnings atm... @_@

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:38 PM
With the jumping feature I bet that the lobbies will be much more dynamic. That and with our stronger graphics cards and processors we'll probably see cool little things around as well. Elevators and such, maybe? An actual city to explore? "Secret shops" only accessible via tough platforming?

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Apr 25, 2011, 09:42 PM
Really? I never had money issues...back in PSO I had max meseta in two character's banks AND in their inventory...

In PSU offline I had more problems but that was easily solved through making and selling Crea Doubles.

-Wayu

Meseta in PSO was scarce, but only used for items and equipment. After a while, you'll find a good flow of both in the field, so buying things becomes less frequent and meseta piles keep going up. PSU shops demanded more money, but it dropped in larger amounts. In PSP2/i, things became cheaper and meseta drops were larger. However, in both the latter games, meseta had uses outside just items and equipment. It could be spent on upgrades, room items, field bonuses, and other small things.

So whether PSO2's meseta is scarce or not, it should have more uses than just simply gear and items for your trips. This will help increase its value.

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
PSO never dropped good meseta either, but my finances always came from frames and barriers at higher levels. I was literally forced to ryuker back to town and sell my loot once my inventory got full. I kind of liked that. Even though i didn't use half the shit i picked up as a force, i was still happy to find a high * item.

Even if i couldn't use it, the better it was, the more money i got! And boy did i need it, because 10 Difluids would frequently negate whatever profits i got...and 10 trifluids would negate my entire bank account.

Ep2 was great though. The Hospital was only a few paces from the Ryuker, so i could save much more money through just Ryuker > Heal > Back to battle.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:47 PM
^

That's basically what I did, though I never got anything better than an Indra (I was Pinkal, too).

-Wayu

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 09:50 PM
The only use Meseta had in PSO was fueling your 50% hit Charge Vulcans.

I was ok with that.

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 09:54 PM
The best thing about Pinkal to me wasn't so much the Force rares i got, but the random fluids that would drop for me. Saved lots of money and time.

I just hope that now that they've given us the Pallet Customization feature back, and attacks can be used with more than 2 buttons, they'll reimplement the extra attack system.

It'd be even cooler with this game. On top of the "photon art" attack customizations shown in the trailer, they could have the extra attack that's the regular attack + a special effect like burn or freeze or something. Or, they could make it so that the special attack would be assigned to a specific weapon ability. It would work well for Hunters, but even better for Rangers, who instead of getting the regular status effects for their guns could instead get special attachments.

The only use Meseta had in PSO was fueling your 50% hit Charge Vulcans.

I was ok with that.

1) you had to have an insane amount of meseta left over to use Charge Vulcans, as each hit took like 200 meseta from you iirc. Thats 1800 meseta a combo.
2) majority of the population wasn't that rich, and if they frequently spammed the ability, they wouldn't be for very long.

3) You really just cant resist trolling any conversation anyone has about PSO can you? Don't make me bring the spray out.

Additionally, you seem to enjoy oversimplifying everything about PSO, being overly pessimistic about any speculation that isnt negative, and overly sarcastic and rude to anyone you dont agree with. Do you need a hug or something?

RenzokukenZ
Apr 25, 2011, 10:03 PM
...but even better for Rangers, who instead of getting the regular status effects for their guns could instead get special attachments.

That howitzer attack the gunner did in the footage (around 2:23) compliments this idea.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 10:05 PM
s00per n00b t00b?

Actually, that would be pretty cool. I would totally grab a range-extending attachment for sniping.

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
That howitzer attack the gunner did in the footage (around 2:23) compliments this idea.

Yeah thats why i thought of it. I highly doubt that's how it came about, but it would still be pretty cool. Point is, they once again have the ability to do it. It was pretty cool, and gave you the ability to find multiple versions of the same weapon that were still useful.

PSU did it too with the elemental system, but it more frequently replaced weapon options than added to your arsenal. It felt less like a bonus and more like a random chance for your weapon to be at maximum efficiency or useless. (5% element rare weapons. Highly annoying.)

Also, it allows them to give built-in functions to rare weapons, and in the event of higher weapons, scripted special abilities like projectiles and stuff. It just opens up lots of possibilities.

Actually, that would be pretty cool. I would totally grab a range-extending attachment for sniping.

Pretty funny, did anyone notice in that video with the hunewy aiming at those air...spore looking things, that she was drawing mostly 0's? Either the rifle was just weak, or damage is affected by weapon range.

Makes sense. In PSO, the range/lockon abilities of the weapon increased with the level. A special attack that increased range and sacrificed damage or something would be pretty neat.

No telling how long the draw distances are in this game, but i'd love to see a sniper rifle. That would be epic. It'd need some kind of drawback though, as it would be an almost completely safe battle weapon.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 10:09 PM
It'll be like hunting for a high-percentage weapon, just this time you're trying to find a certain attachment.

Sounds cool.

-Wayu

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 10:10 PM
1) you had to have an insane amount of meseta left over to use Charge Vulcans, as each hit took like 200 meseta from you iirc. Thats 1800 meseta a combo.
2) majority of the population wasn't that rich, and if they frequently spammed the ability, they wouldn't be for very long.

3) You really just cant resist trolling any conversation anyone has about PSO can you? Don't make me bring the spray out.

Additionally, you seem to enjoy oversimplifying everything about PSO, being overly pessimistic about any speculation that isnt negative, and overly sarcastic and rude to anyone you dont agree with. Do you need a hug or something?You are the first person I have ever heard claim that Meseta was scarce in PSO. I am deadly serious about this.

Oh, and on many missions, you got paid so much as reward, that you could spam Charge on every single enemy and still end up turning a net profit by the end of the run.

Zarode
Apr 25, 2011, 10:12 PM
I just hope we aren't punished in this game for having certain elemental weapons. I liked how PSO did it, with photonic attributes. If you had A.Beast on a weapon, you weren't punished for it by losing out damage to Native types. I think the only time it mattered with Olga Flow pt2.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 25, 2011, 10:13 PM
Sort of like how in PSO, several guns had mixed effects, such as a rifle with shot spread, or a shot with rifle range. But a bit deeper. Nice.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 10:19 PM
Shot with rifle range...AND speed...Spread Needle lol...

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 10:20 PM
The only reason you brought it up is because you have some kind of overwhelming obsession with bashing PSO. You're no better than the people who overglorify it.

Brian
Apr 25, 2011, 10:23 PM
I gotta say, I expected it to look like this but I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping it'd look more like PSO than PSU. I wish the requirements were for Windows Vista/7 and DirectX 10/11 and not Windows XP and DirectX 9.0c. That way they could have optimized it with better graphics and physics instead of trying to make it compatible with the few XP/DX9 machines that can run it.

But anyway, it still looks fun. I'm glad they added the ability to jump. And the maps seem more interactive and expansive than before.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 10:32 PM
The only reason you brought it up is because you have some kind of overwhelming obsession with bashing PSO. You're no better than the people who overglorify it.Yes, I clearly brought up the fact that Meseta was useless in PSO and claimed that this was a good thing only because I have an unhealthy obsession with bashing the game at every opportunity.

Blueblur
Apr 25, 2011, 10:43 PM
But...nobody cares.

1) alpha
2) pso
3) believe it or not, much more popular in japan than here
4) alpha
5) alpha

There is no press for the game right now. The simple idea that they're essentially including the fans in the development of the game by allowing them to alpha test it is about the best press they can get. They could have been showing box people as the characters and empty environments as the areas if they wanted.

I thought I said it's a non-issue.

They're in a good position right now. All people wanted was a glimpse, and thats what they have. And it's only going to get better from this point onward. They dont have anything to worry about. (It's precisely why Sakai reassured everyone that this is indeed an alpha.)
While PSU's lobby system was a pretty bad idea, they were in the right place when they thought of it. Nobody wants to go to the same hub everytime they play, and it gave people bigger community outlets to chill when not hackin n slashin.

They just need to organize everything better.

The idea can return. In fact, im hoping it will. The amount of mission counters in the game just need a drastic decrease.

And segregating the community and limiting players to a small pocket of the entire community to run missions is only a good idea if you're playing an MMO due to the nature of those games (large world, multiple quests per legion with the intention of you leading to other regions). I don't think it gels well with action RPGs with self contained levels which is what are all ofthese Phantasy Star games are. Separating the community so you have less people to party with is not worth some simple pretty lobbies, in my opinion. They should put the work and the assets created for field lobbies into the stage designs themselves; visual and gameplay-wise.

I liked "wannabe" mmo lobbies, it made the game feel like you were in a whole world , and not just a giant cave or a forest the size of football field that you back to over and over

some people might like being in a small room with two shops and a bunch of teleporters, besides, you could still teleport anywhere anyway, and white beast, or the newest mission is not different than everyone's "TTF." @ the wannabe mmo thing. I actually found that most if not all of the lobbies looked a lot nicer than ANY open field you'd find in your average mmo, so that really just makes the statment a pointless insult.

The only true problem is that the visual lobbies were more creative looking than the actual missions.

Other than that I like the reward of seeing a new and pretty place, where you can hang out at when you're just lounging. after completing a mission.

Instead of just going back to a menu or a tiny portion of a space ship.

The only reason it seemed like it was empty and a waste of space was BECAUSE of white beast, and also the fact that near the second halve of PSU's lifespan the community probably had less than 500 active players at a time. most of them probably afk in their rooms/god knows where.
Now that I've read your post I see that you fellows clearly enjoy an element of the game which I do not. While linking all mission counters could solve the population segregation issue, I much rather have the effort spent creating said lobbies, which most people will visit for 5 minutes at most, be used to improve actual important parts of the game such as combat, visual design and stage design. I view field lobbies as fluff meant to pad out an otherwise content deprived game (such as PSU).

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 11:45 PM
Yes, I clearly brought up the fact that Meseta was useless in PSO and claimed that this was a good thing only because I have an unhealthy obsession with bashing the game at every opportunity.

Acceptance is the first step. Good job.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 12:00 AM
Now that I've read your post I see that you fellows clearly enjoy an element of the game which I do not. While linking all mission counters could solve the population segregation issue, I much rather have the effort spent creating said lobbies, which most people will visit for 5 minutes at most, be used to improve actual important parts of the game such as combat, visual design and stage design. I view field lobbies as fluff meant to pad out an otherwise content deprived game (such as PSU).

that's the thing though, PSU had a LOT of great ideas...but most of them were incomplete or weren't done properly because the game was an abortion.

Regardless, It seems they can still fit all of these things without much issue, the original issue just being that psu had crappy mission designs with tiny ps2 disc room. and I think the only other main problem I can think of, is that PSU had TOO MANY empty rooms a lot were unnecessary and bland to be honest, so they can definitely cut down, but usually all of the ones at the end of a path, or that lead to unique places were the best

example = guardians colony mall, fortune teller place in neudaiz, The beach, hotsprings, the waterfall and the viewing plaza.

I've spent hours in these places. as opposed to the inbetweeners where like you said, people would only be there for 5 minutes.

I'll never be fond of JUST being in that tiny box with a bunch of teleporters, though.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 26, 2011, 12:05 AM
@RemiusTA: How about a sniper rifle that you can only fire while stationary in FPS mode? Something like that?

@Zarode, RenzokukenZ and Wayu: The more unique weapons like the Berdysh, Tsumikiri,Heaven's Punisher, etc, each with their own unique special attack, the better. And I fully agree with Zarode - no more elements on weapons, period! It's sad to be forced to use a specific element due to cosmetic reasons and get nerfed in damage output because of that.

GameKyuubi
Apr 26, 2011, 12:10 AM
You are the first person I have ever heard claim that Meseta was scarce in PSO. I am deadly serious about this.

Oh, and on many missions, you got paid so much as reward, that you could spam Charge on every single enemy and still end up turning a net profit by the end of the run.

While by no means scarce, running low on Meseta was not uncommon in lower level runs of Ultimate, especially for forces. It usually wasn't a problem, but there were points where it was.

How do you guys feel about that "attaching techs to magic weapons" thing that PSU did? Personally it disgusted me and I'd rather not see it return.

RemiusTA
Apr 26, 2011, 12:19 AM
I thought I said it's a non-issue.

Oh. Well, you seemed to think otherwise, since you said them having clipping problems in the photos is "bad press".

And segregating the community and limiting players to a small pocket of the entire community to run missions is only a good idea if you're playing an MMO due to the nature of those games (large world, multiple quests per legion with the intention of you leading to other regions). I don't think it gels well with action RPGs with self contained levels which is what are all ofthese Phantasy Star games are. Separating the community so you have less people to party with is not worth some simple pretty lobbies, in my opinion. They should put the work and the assets created for field lobbies into the stage designs themselves; visual and gameplay-wise.It separates the players, yeah, but it gives you something more to do. In my personal opinion, i enjoy combat in PSO just as much (if not more) than in PSU, but there's absolutely no contest when it comes to PSU having far more to do. More places to hang out online is not a problem, especially when people are in the hangout lobbies with the intention to hangout and not run missions. What you're talking about is the separate mission lobbies, where you run one mission, and end up in another lobby. Run one mission, and end up in another lobby. Like that. Yeah, that very much did segregate the players and made it difficult to form parties. Notice in my post, i said you can have plenty of lobbies, just have a drastically reduced number of mission counters. Which essentially means, no more transition lobbies; however, I actually liked the idea of the transition lobbies. It made it feel more like you were actually traveling somewhere. But when it came to forming parties...yeah, it was pretty tedious. Another problem with PSU came from the fact that the game was split between 3 planets, which pretty much automatically split the population from the get-go.

They did it so they could let you to play missions in parties with limited players, while still allowing you to converse with the rest of the community once you were finished. Going back to completely cut-off instanced games like PSO would be a step backwards in this situation. There are plenty of ways to make it easier to join parties than to remove the lobbies. You're attacking the wrong thing here.

Now that I've read your post I see that you fellows clearly enjoy an element of the game which I do not. While linking all mission counters could solve the population segregation issue, I much rather have the effort spent creating said lobbies, which most people will visit for 5 minutes at most, be used to improve actual important parts of the game such as combat, visual design and stage design. I view field lobbies as fluff meant to pad out an otherwise content deprived game (such as PSU).PSU was most definitely NOT content depraived. There was plenty of content in the game, the issue is that it just VERY badly spaced and planned out. Ignoring combat though, tere was nothing wrong with the community aspect of PSU -- it's widely accepted as the greatest improvement over PSO. And it very much was. Trust me, just because they spent time on the lobbies doesn't mean the game was going to be any significantly better without them. If the team behind the environments weren't making lobbies, it doesn't mean their designs for the empty temples or bland levels would have been any better -- they were bad for a reason, and they had countless chances to improve them. They wern't just going to go tell the environmental design team behind the lobbies and rooms to "go design weapons" or something.

Lobbies were not the problem with PSU's thin population spreading. A lack of organization was the problem. They can introduce plenty of systems to overcome that issue.

@RemiusTA: How about a sniper rifle that you can only fire while stationary in FPS mode? Something like that?

@Zarode, RenzokukenZ and Wayu: The more unique weapons like the Berdysh, Tsumikiri,Heaven's Punisher, etc, each with their own unique special attack, the better. And I fully agree with Zarode - no more elements on weapons, period! It's sad to be forced to use a specific element due to cosmetic reasons and get nerfed in damage output because of that.

Hmmm...i dont know what they could do with sniper rifles to make them fair. In most FPS games, sniper rifles are low-risk high-damage, unless you're found, in which they become pretty much guaranteed death. In PSO2, however, unless the enemies are smart enough to go for the person sniping them, it'll always be low-risk high-damage. And even if they ARE programmed to stalk snipers...there are just too many exploits that would become possible.

I think your idea would work though. I think the weapon would need an exceedingly slow rate of fire with a high PP rate. And, unless some special ability does otherwise, it should only hit one target. I think to balance them, they'd either have to be powerful but inaccurate, or less than average power with amazing accuracy.

And yeah, i explained in one of these stupid threads that removing the attributes (native/A.Beast/ect) and having only elements was one of the absolute worst ideas PSU ever did. It ruined everything.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 26, 2011, 12:21 AM
@GameKyuubi: Ugh, definitely a no no. and I'm not just talking forces here - while playing hunters or rangers, having the ability to fire off a quick spell without needing a tech weapon is absolutely invaluable.

RemiusTA
Apr 26, 2011, 12:36 AM
Yeah. Spellbinding was....just no.

Weapon-less casting is the way to go. It makes hybrid classes with technics sooooo much more fun to play.

Soul Guardian
Apr 26, 2011, 12:38 AM
I complete agree with this. What would be the point of playing HUne if I had to equip a rod or wand to fire off a tech?

Crystal_Shard
Apr 26, 2011, 01:00 AM
Hmmm...i dont know what they could do with sniper rifles to make them fair. In most FPS games, sniper rifles are low-risk high-damage, unless you're found, in which they become pretty much guaranteed death. In PSO2, however, unless the enemies are smart enough to go for the person sniping them, it'll always be low-risk high-damage. And even if they ARE programmed to stalk snipers...there are just too many exploits that would become possible.

I think your idea would work though. I think the weapon would need an exceedingly slow rate of fire with a high PP rate. And, unless some special ability does otherwise, it should only hit one target. I think to balance them, they'd either have to be powerful but inaccurate, or less than average power with amazing accuracy.

And yeah, i explained in one of these stupid threads that removing the attributes (native/A.Beast/ect) and having only elements was one of the absolute worst ideas PSU ever did. It ruined everything.

If we're going to use the FPS example and pp is a gameplay element, then I would probably force the sniper rifle to use up the entire pp bar per shot, or at least half of the bar, and constrain the regen rate. The sniper should be a tactical situational weapon only, not the only weapon you use to run and gun with after all.

The success of such a weapon would wholly be relational to how smart or dumb the AI is, and whether an enemy will have the time to react before it is gunned down. It'll be a very hard to balance problem no matter which way you cut it.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 26, 2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah. Spellbinding was....just no.

Weapon-less casting is the way to go. It makes hybrid classes with technics sooooo much more fun to play.

Weapon-less casting is a must for PSO2. That's definitely one aspect about PSO that I loved.

It was rather annoying to have to hard swap the element in my gun sometimes when playing PSU.

RemiusTA
Apr 26, 2011, 01:14 AM
If we're going to use the FPS example and pp is a gameplay element, then I would probably force the sniper rifle to use up the entire pp bar per shot, or at least half of the bar, and constrain the regen rate. The sniper should be a tactical situational weapon only, not the only weapon you use to run and gun with after all.

The success of such a weapon would wholly be relational to how smart or dumb the AI is, and whether an enemy will have the time to react before it is gunned down. It'll be a very hard to balance problem no matter which way you cut it.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It really comes down to how you'd be punished for using it. I can just see high-leveled players with high-leveled sniper-type weapons using them to destroy stages and never get touched. The only way i can find an incentive to not sit back and spam them is to have them do piss damage.

I think a railgun-type weapon could function the same way but be easier to include in the game and be balance practical. One that would function pretty much the same way you just mentioned. Maybe not ALL of your PP bar, but a damn high rate that pretty much insures it cant be spammed (and even if it is, it would cripple your ability to do anything else and be pretty impractical for large enemy swarms.)

A weapon like that though would do better as a starting rare type. Kind of how Twin Swords/double sabers/launchers worked in PSO.

Also, i hope to see Twin Swords return as a more power+speed based weapon than a combo-based weapon. I liked how they had a more realistic form in PSO.

Im really eager to see how the other weapons play. I can just see the amount of rushdown rape daggers will have.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 26, 2011, 01:50 AM
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It really comes down to how you'd be punished for using it. I can just see high-leveled players with high-leveled sniper-type weapons using them to destroy stages and never get touched. The only way i can find an incentive to not sit back and spam them is to have them do piss damage.

I think a railgun-type weapon could function the same way but be easier to include in the game and be balance practical. One that would function pretty much the same way you just mentioned. Maybe not ALL of your PP bar, but a damn high rate that pretty much insures it cant be spammed (and even if it is, it would cripple your ability to do anything else and be pretty impractical for large enemy swarms.)

A weapon like that though would do better as a starting rare type. Kind of how Twin Swords/double sabers/launchers worked in PSO.

Also, i hope to see Twin Swords return as a more power+speed based weapon than a combo-based weapon. I liked how they had a more realistic form in PSO.

Im really eager to see how the other weapons play. I can just see the amount of rushdown rape daggers will have.

Doing piss poor damage would be a surefire method to make sure no one would use it though. Have it do immense damage, but restrict the player to only getting off 3-4 shots max per level/mission and make it very, very hard to reload in between. XD The ideal use for it would be for the hunters to be tying down a massive enemy while the ranger sets up a "Boom, Headshot!" moment.

I think the railguns already have an analogue in the laser cannon / grenade class of weapons. Some additional refinement would be welcome. ^_^

I too am looking forward to see the twin daggers of PSO2, as well as twin claws, which hopefully look less chunky than most of them do in the Portable series ; more PSO Morning Glory style, less PSPo2 Morning Glory style in other words. Slim metal blades all the way!

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 01:57 AM
I don't even wanna go into the weapons concept.

But I'm gonna be horribly disappointed if theres no weapon-less fighting and glove weapons.

I'm glad PSZ brang back both off hand casting, and weapon-less melee hinting at them not forgetting fans actually liking the idea.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 26, 2011, 01:59 AM
I just want something similar to the Sealed Sword and the Double Cannon (Lavis type).. man I'd hunt for those every night just to have and use them.

Zarode
Apr 26, 2011, 02:10 AM
So, you want the best weapons to look cool, be cool, and do interesting things that most weapons cannot. Yeah, I'm hoping for something like that again, because PSP2 does not do this with the end-game weapons. (they look cool, and have the best stats, but that is it. nothing special beyond that. it glows, wooooOOOOOOOoooo...)

goldbrease
Apr 26, 2011, 06:02 AM
I complete agree with this. What would be the point of playing HUne if I had to equip a rod or wand to fire off a tech?

if i remember right, in pso there was only 2 or 3 force weapons hunters could equip, and it was really only for their special attack. plantain fan i think was one of them, gusts of wind for the win.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 26, 2011, 08:50 AM
did some google'ing and found a fan translated version of the trailer. I know we already have it all translated its just nice to see it in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVZizl7rSw

r00tabaga
Apr 26, 2011, 09:05 AM
Skye Fox, thank you for finding that! Awesome. Can't find the strength to wait for this one!

Wayu
Apr 26, 2011, 09:09 AM
^

Would you like some Powerthirst?

-Wayu

Chikane
Apr 26, 2011, 12:23 PM
Very nice Im so excited >w<! I wish we get better look at the Cast soon

Ezodagrom
Apr 26, 2011, 12:26 PM
Some extra info:

Sakai posted a blog post about PSO2, it’s more conceptual information than actual information, but regardless the game is currently before the alpha stage. Here are some selected notes.

- These are development images. There still some more time until the alpha test, with many elements not in it. There’s still more information about PSO2 to be revealed, right now you’ve only seen just one portion of the entire thing.

- This project was started to allow many people with PCs to readily play this game. There’s no need for you to think that you need the latest PC to play because the game’s graphics can be adjusted.

- Yes the PC allows for the game to be better graphically, and certainly graphics are important. However, we aren’t making this game to show off a tech demo, we want to make a game for everyone to enjoy.

- In addition, I cannot say that I am satisfied with this, it is currently in a stage before the alpha. I want to continue polishing it up in the future.

- PSO2 faces many challenges and one of the challenges is to focus on those who don’t play PC games. More challenges will be revealed in the future.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-minor-website-update/

r00tabaga
Apr 26, 2011, 12:28 PM
^

Would you like some Powerthirst?

-Wayu

Yes pleez

RenzokukenZ
Apr 26, 2011, 12:31 PM
I guess that sums up that this game really is PC exclusive.

I like that news about the PC requirements practically staying the same (while this is not worded, it sounds like it) Gives me hope that I can play happily even with this dinosuar.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 12:33 PM
Good news is that it's pc exclusive.

The other good news is that they're looking out for non-pc gamers!

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 12:37 PM
did some google'ing and found a fan translated version of the trailer. I know we already have it all translated its just nice to see it in the video.

YouTube - Phantasy Star Online 2 Footage English (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVZizl7rSw)

That video makes it sound like we will be playing as the Arkz.

Well that would make sense on that "trump card" system that was translated a while back on the original trailer.

r00tabaga
Apr 26, 2011, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure if I like the idea of dumbing down the graphics to satisfy all PC owners though. Sounds kinda like "PS2-ported-PSU" talk to me. Even if you bump up the visuals, it's gonna be like the old saying........."no matter how many times you shine a turd, in the end it's still a turd"

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't even be complaining if if had the same graphics as PSU...just want the customization to not suck. :\

People get spoiled with graphics these days, it's the art that matters...! *middle aged japanese man voice*

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't even be complaining if if had the same graphics as PSU...just want the customization to not suck. :\

Yes, please. It concerned me that we saw no screenshots or even brief clips of character customization options in the newest trailer. But, then again, it's still in Alpha stages, so I doubt they'll be showing that kind of content sooner rather than later. They just wanted to get the raw gameplay out of the way first.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 26, 2011, 01:59 PM
Well, the only customization they did show was that a HUmar of sorts has a different color outfit, hair, and a pair of snazzy scanner glasses.

The design of said outfit also looked a bit different, but that could just be from that particular color scheme. Basically, just basic changes so far.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 03:18 PM
OR they just went back to PSO/PSZ style characters...and that's the Ramars default(hopefully not ONLY) outfit...

CrimsomWolf
Apr 26, 2011, 03:25 PM
Good news is that it's pc exclusive.

That's what they said about all other PC exclusives.

Except that one graphics demo.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
That's what they said about all other PC exclusives.

Except that one graphics demo.

I Kinda jumped to a conclusion on that other guy's post, when I posted this. But seems like that's how it's gonna be.

LanCow13
Apr 26, 2011, 05:32 PM
AHHHHHHHH PSO2 will have the return of LanVanDam see u then :)

Itoshi
Apr 26, 2011, 06:15 PM
It's a good feeling to know that the next couple months will be full of information about the game.

GameKyuubi
Apr 26, 2011, 11:29 PM
Upon reviewing the video, it seems meter-consuming melee attacks will return. Not sure if want.

•Col•
Apr 26, 2011, 11:43 PM
Upon reviewing the video, it seems meter-consuming melee attacks will return. Not sure if want.

They're called Photon Arts, lol.

ThEoRy
Apr 27, 2011, 12:02 AM
Apparently Sakai said the high resolution version of the video will be released on the 28th along with some info about PSO2's world. Anticipation.... rising...

GameKyuubi
Apr 27, 2011, 12:23 AM
They're called Photon Arts, lol.

We don't know what they're called or how they work in this. We don't know if they're tied to a weapon, just regular moves, learned through disks or what. It also seems that PP is not tied to weapons, so I think it stands to reason that they might have a different name.

... I think I just don't want them called PAs because it will remind me of PSU.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 12:35 AM
PP wasn't tied to Weapons in PSP2/i and they were still Photon Arts.

We'll see.

•Col•
Apr 27, 2011, 01:19 AM
We don't know what they're called or how they work in this. We don't know if they're tied to a weapon, just regular moves, learned through disks or what. It also seems that PP is not tied to weapons, so I think it stands to reason that they might have a different name.

... I think I just don't want them called PAs because it will remind me of PSU.

PP wasn't tied to Weapons in PSP2/i and they were still Photon Arts.

We'll see.

^This. Plus, they were called Photon Arts in Phantasy Star Zero as well. And you can see in the video that the normal melee attacks didn't cost PP, but the flashy special moves did. This is exactly how it worked in PSP2.

And even if they do decide to name them something different, they'll still be Photon Arts.... <.<

EDIT: Also, I just wanted to point out to people... I really doubt this will be a pure Photon Art spamfest again. PSP2 solved this by including chain combos, but they dont seem to be present in PSO2 thus far. The video is a little blurry, but you can see that a button is changing pretty frequently when it shows the melee sequences... It seems that with each hit with the sword, a different icon would pop up. I'm guessing that depending on the number of hits into the combo you are, you can chain a new Photon Art afterward.

So for instance, you could press the photon art button and you'd do a large circular attack hitting all enemies around you. If you hit an enemy once with a normal attack then press the photon art button, you do an overhead swing and send the monster flying across the field.

These Photon Arts would also change depending on if you were in the air or the ground. They could also balance Photon Arts this way. Make the ones that you can use after just one normal attack weaker/less useful compared to the ones you can chain after a 5hit normal string.

And just imagine being able to choose each individual Photon Art for every hit! So for each weapon you would have 6-12 unique photon arts for each weapon. This would go along with the "create your own combos" line as well, and I think it'd be a neat idea.

GameKyuubi
Apr 27, 2011, 01:57 AM
I really doubt this will be a pure Photon Art spamfest again.

I hope to god you're right.

Chimeria
Apr 27, 2011, 03:03 AM
I'm so excited about this game...I was happy to hear the old PSO styled music in the background as well. When this is released I'll probably never leave the confines of my home again. lol

The only thing I'm worried about is if my computer can handle it. Its pretty new. I got it with online game-play in mind so it has a decent graphics card but the graphics in the video look nuts! Anyone find any info on comp. requirements for the game?

And also, since I've never played a PSO/U on PC, how is it using a keyboard? I'm wondering if I should get a GamePad.

rezakon
Apr 27, 2011, 03:30 AM
I'm so excited about this game...I was happy to hear the old PSO styled music in the background as well. When this is released I'll probably never leave the confines of my home again. lol

The only thing I'm worried about is if my computer can handle it. Its pretty new. I got it with online game-play in mind so it has a decent graphics card but the graphics in the video look nuts! Anyone find any info on comp. requirements for the game?

And also, since I've never played a PSO/U on PC, how is it using a keyboard? I'm wondering if I should get a GamePad.

Post or PM your rig, I can pretty much ballpark these things after two decades ^_^

Nitro Vordex
Apr 27, 2011, 03:57 AM

If you got it within a couple years ago you'll probably be fine. Your only problem might have to be with Sega's idea of optimization.

Chimeria
Apr 27, 2011, 04:01 AM
Manufactuer: Acer
Model: Aspire 5252
Processor: AMD E-350, 1.60GHz
RAM: 2.00 DDR3
System Type: 64-bit OS (Windows 7)

I have the windows ratings as well (even though I heard it was somewhat useless)
On a scale of 1.0 to 7.9

Processor: 3.8
Memory: 5.5
Graphics: 4.2
Gaming Graphics: 5.7
Primary Hard Disk: 5.7

rezakon
Apr 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215057&cm_re=AMD_E-350-_-34-215-057-_-Product

Thats your laptop, it has a nice mobile video card but the processor is what kills it because it isn't made for gaming due to it's very low power consumption (even overclocking this wouldn't solve your problem). That kind of laptop is good for everyday things like web browser, watching videos and the like but it isn't made for gaming which is surprising given the mobile video card in the thing.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 04:16 AM
It really baffles me how people are calling the graphics in PSO2 "nuts" and whatnot, it's almost like they haven't seen this generation of games before?

They're not that good, lol. I mean, they're good, but they're nothing amazing. Average 2006-2007 look at most. Now, I'm not one to care about graphics, and I really do like the style they went with, it just surprises me how impressed seem to be.

I mean, they're gonna get even better, anyway. Remember, this is an alpha, not even beta, and nowhere near finished.

For example, look at the right side of this picture, in the background, at the trees.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9343/003qff.jpg

It's obviously not finished, so if people are really shittin' themselves over this, I can't imagine how it's gonna be when the game is actually finished.

If you have a computer from the past few years, that doesn't have integrated graphics, you'll be fine.

ChronoTrigga
Apr 27, 2011, 04:38 AM
Apparently Sakai said the high resolution version of the video will be released on the 28th along with some info about PSO2's world. Anticipation.... rising...

World? Or Worlds?

RenzokukenZ
Apr 27, 2011, 04:48 AM
For lack of a better word, it's mostly likely the universe where this game takes place in.

Ezodagrom
Apr 27, 2011, 06:59 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215057&cm_re=AMD_E-350-_-34-215-057-_-Product

Thats your laptop, it has a nice mobile video card but the processor is what kills it because it isn't made for gaming due to it's very low power consumption (even overclocking this wouldn't solve your problem). That kind of laptop is good for everyday things like web browser, watching videos and the like but it isn't made for gaming which is surprising given the mobile video card in the thing.
The HD6310 is not a mobile video card, it's a GPU that is integrated inside the processor (basically the E350 is a processor and graphics processor in one).
Also, the AMD E350 was made to compete with the Intel Atom, I don't think it's enough for PSO2.

Wayu
Apr 27, 2011, 07:14 AM
Technical male lingo. Ugh. ^^;

-Wayu

Chimeria
Apr 27, 2011, 09:18 AM
The HD6310 is not a mobile video card, it's a GPU that is integrated inside the processor (basically the E350 is a processor and graphics processor in one).
Also, the AMD E350 was made to compete with the Intel Atom, I don't think it's enough for PSO2.

We'll just have to see when it comes out because I can play some of the new games that are out including Aion, which has some pretty detailed graphics, at medium settings with little or no lag at all...except for when I'm town or in a group and its too much going on. And Champions Online on the highest settings. From the looks of it though, PSO2 looks pretty busy :-/

But even if I have to play it on low specs, I don't mind. I want the game.

And for Malachite...Don't be jaded. I've just started getting into the (good) MMO games on PC since I have a somewhat decent computer that can handle certain games. So I'm not used to seeing graphics like that on a computer game.

•Col•
Apr 27, 2011, 12:30 PM
It really baffles me how people are calling the graphics in PSO2 "nuts" and whatnot, it's almost like they haven't seen this generation of games before?

They're not that good, lol. I mean, they're good, but they're nothing amazing. Average 2006-2007 look at most. Now, I'm not one to care about graphics, and I really do like the style they went with, it just surprises me how impressed seem to be.

I mean, they're gonna get even better, anyway. Remember, this is an alpha, not even beta, and nowhere near finished.

For example, look at the right side of this picture, in the background, at the trees.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9343/003qff.jpg

It's obviously not finished, so if people are really shittin' themselves over this, I can't imagine how it's gonna be when the game is actually finished.

If you have a computer from the past few years, that doesn't have integrated graphics, you'll be fine.

Most of us have been play PSO and PSU for years.... These graphics are a pretty big step up. The recent Phantasy Star games have always been a couple years behind graphics-wise... I had pretty low expectations for PSO2's graphics, and to be honest, my brain couldn't even wrap around the idea of "A Phantasy Star game that looks semi-decent?" lol

That's why people are clamoring about the graphics; it could have been a lot worse.

BogusKun
Apr 27, 2011, 03:29 PM
No need to play the Alpha/Beta versions for this game to know if I'm going to buy this or not.

I will buy this game on the release date. The only problem with PC games is that I use my computer for anything but games really.

If this game made it on XBOX/PS3/Wii2 on day 1, I see Japan becoming heaven on earth because Wii is the highest selling system with XBOX topping the online market in console games. I mean EVERYONE have XBOX's and Wii's now. PC's are only for those who can afford the build and time to upgrade, and I have a top-line laptop for the moment capable of gaming but I really don't want to melt my computer with all the gaming I do now days.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 27, 2011, 03:45 PM
This is 2011. Everyone has a computer.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 05:09 PM
but I really don't want to melt my computer with all the gaming I do now days.

How is gaming going to "melt" your computer? Lol, unless you mean that you like to OC it way beyond it's limits, gaming does not hurt computers in any way.

Jinto117
Apr 27, 2011, 05:54 PM
So pardon my ignorance as I haven't scanned the last 60 pages of this thread. Concerning the graphics however, since this is still pre-alpha (I think) can we expect it to look somewhat better then what we just saw? I know the live stream quality wasn't the greatest but from what I could tell it didn't look all that dissimilar from PSU's graphical fidelity. Don't even get me started on the art either, blah!

Jinto117
Apr 27, 2011, 06:47 PM
They will probably be upgraded, but not by a lot. Sakai even said they were downgraded to allow people with sub-par computers to have a chance at playing the game.

Hmm, that notion had occurred to me. *sigh* That's unfortunate.

After scanning through the thread a bit I noticed (and expected) the arguments to occur. It seems you have the optimistic people, those who think this game appears to be nearly flawless, picking apart the pessimistic people, those who believe this game already appears dead on arrival. I personally feel that if you set yourself up to be too optimistic you are only setting yourself up for disappointment. When you are pessimistic, and the game turns out alright then you are less depressed.

Me, I personally side with the pessimistic side. Yet again they decide to go with PSU "animu" art style. That female newmans proportions are indeed ridiculous. The button mashing hack n slash combat seemed flat. Wish I could of seen someone use a sword that wasn't 10x their size. And the graphics looked like they could potentially run on a Wii.

But hey, what did I like? Well I enjoyed the very nostalgic PSO esque music. Although I would hope they don't rely on it too heavily. I thought the ranger/gunners ability to move and shoot simultaneously was cool. JUMPING, for which purpose I'm not quite sure.

Anyway, a thought had occured to me. There are a few people on this website who are fluent in Japanese correct? I think it would be cool if one of those people could hop onto either the official Japanese Sega forums or some other Phantasy Star related Japanese fan site and possibly pull up a list of comments from the Japanese gamers themselves. I'm wondering what their respective opinions are based on the trailer since the game is basically 110% made for their market.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 27, 2011, 06:50 PM
SEGA of Japan does not have a forum.

Probably a good idea, really.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 06:51 PM
The art looks nothing like PSU, lol. It looks almost exactly the same as PSO, aside from the graphical upgrade and new armor.

Animu? Ridiculous proportions? Yeah, PSO had those, lol.

The only similarity PSO2 shares more with PSU than it does with PSO (appearance wise), is the actual quality of graphics. And though I must say, while PSO2's graphics aren't anything amazing, they are far superior to PSU's.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
The art looks nothing like PSU, lol. It looks almost exactly the same as PSO, aside from the graphical upgrade and new armor.

Animu? Ridiculous proportions? Yeah, PSO had those, lol.

The only similarity PSO2 shares more with PSU than it does with PSO (appearance wise), is the actual quality of graphics. And though I must say, while PSO2's graphics aren't anything amazing, they are far superior to PSU's.

I think the only thing that truly ever changed with artstyles from pso to psu was the clothes...

Outside of psp2, it ALWAYS had to realistism-anime style to it. But PSO did everything first before you look for stereotypes. (magical girl loli's, skimpy outfits, Bishounen glorification, spikey hair and goofy clothes) PSU just had more of it + semi modern(but mostly gay raver/wannabe tetsuya normura) styled clothes.
and as fuzzy-logik always says: you just couldn't tell with PSO because the graphics sucked.

So I'm just gonna cut the crap and says it has a phantasy star style. :|

But as I say in every post relating to art style and looks...

KEEP THE PSU CUSTOMIZATION AND MULTIPLE STYLES OF OUTFITS.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 07:39 PM
I agree with pretty much all of that. I just think it's silly for people to say that PSO2 is leaning more toward's PSU's style (albeit they are very similar), than the original PSO's.

For example:

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/ash2000xx333.jpg
(colors changed by someone on this forum, which you are obviously going to be able to do in PSO2)

Does this picture not look far more similar to:

http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/news2/image/001020/humar.jpg

Than it does to:

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/611/611874/phantasy-star-universe-20050511064354013.jpg[/spoiler-box]

To me, it's very obvious they're trying to remain true to the original look, even if the original look was only determined by a few differences.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 07:56 PM
I agree with pretty much all of that. I just think it's silly for people to say that PSO2 is leaning more toward's PSU's style (albeit they are very similar), than the original PSO's.

For example:

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/ash2000xx333.jpg[/spoiler-box]
(colors changed by someone on this forum, which you are obviously going to be able to do in PSO2)

Does this picture not look far more similar to:

[spoiler-box]http://www.shinforce.com/elite/phantasystar/psonline/characters/PSO_HUmar-640x502.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Than it does to:

[spoiler-box]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/611/611874/phantasy-star-universe-20050511064354013.jpg[/spoiler-box]

To me, it's very obvious they're trying to remain true to the original look, even if the original look was only determined by a few differences.

That second image isn't loading for me, I'm assuming it's a humar. @_@

But like I said, the only strong different was the clothing style and PSU had a lot of variety. If anything The new set looks like the original fomar set mixed with the SPF set.

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/8/2647/spf_bottoms/#pic
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/8/2725/spf_top/#pic

•Col•
Apr 27, 2011, 08:03 PM
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/ash2000xx333.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Oh my god. When I first watched the trailer, I wondered why they didn't use the original HUmar colors like they did with all the other classes shown in the intro.

Seeing this awesome recolor once again makes me ask why they switched the default color to black... :(

rezakon
Apr 27, 2011, 08:05 PM
Honestly just give us back clothing that doesn't look like we are in a fashion parade. I hated looking like some teeny bopper 95% of the time I was playing, it was cringe worthy.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 08:05 PM
That second image isn't loading for me, I'm assuming it's a humar. @_@
For whatever reason, the second spoiler tag refuses to open(fix'd). Yes, it's a HUmar, and they're like 80% similar.

You think it looks more like the FOmar set? Lol, it's damn near identical to the PSO HUmar, aside from the leg armor. The chest, shoulder pad, section ID location and various little designs are almost copypasta of PSO's HUmar, but I do see how you see the similarities in that FOmar set.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 08:21 PM
For whatever reason, the second spoiler tag refuses to open(fix'd). Yes, it's a HUmar, and they're like 80% similar.

You think it looks more like the FOmar set? Lol, it's damn near identical to the PSO HUmar, aside from the leg armor. The chest, shoulder pad, section ID location and various little designs are almost copypasta of PSO's HUmar, but I do see how you see the similarities in that FOmar set.

I said FOmar somewhere? that was a typo...

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah... I was a little confused but I just rolled with it. lol

If anything The new set looks like the original fomar set mixed with the SPF set.

But I see what you meant now.

Wayu
Apr 27, 2011, 09:05 PM
Armor of PSO + fashion of PSU = PSO2?

-Wayu

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 09:10 PM
No, not really.

Armor of PSO + new graphics and a slightly upgraded design = PSO2.

I see no PSU in there, thankfully.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
I still want my space shirt and jeans...if theres no shirt and jeans it's all you guy's fault for wanting this to be PSO HD.

AND ILL KILL ALL OF YOU!

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
Star ocean 4 + PSO = PSO2

I still want my space shirt and jeans...if theres no shirt and jeans it's all you guy's fault for wanting this to be PSO HD.

AND ILL KILL ALL OF YOU!

Calm down bro o.o....*grabs sword*

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'd like for there to be shirt and jeans... just not the ridiculous space rave shit we got in PSU.

Corey Blue
Apr 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
The clothes on PSU looked gay,super gaaay. (no offense to to gay people no problem with them,just don't wanna dress like one.) My belly button shouldn't show in none of those clothes.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
I'd like for there to be shirt and jeans... just not the ridiculous space rave shit we got in PSU.

Okay, I can agree with this. e_e;;;

But still like the LED lineshield-lighting parts...just not the GAY parts.

*has probably had this conversation 24 times since the gameplay video came out*

edit: LOL @ corey ninja posting me, with half of the same thing.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:20 PM
PSO2..Make your character*makes character*
What would you like to wear?*Jeans and a T-shirt*

Majority of you guys in a nutshell =D

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 09:22 PM
PSO2..Make your character*makes character*
What would you like to wear?*Jeans and a T-shirt*

Majority of you guys in a nutshell =D

lies I'm sure the other half of us will wear the armored space suit, then the funny guys will make the freak in the stereotypical "who the hell would choose that" outfit.

Then we can get cooler clothes from the shops later, like PSU minus 80% of the outfits being unwearable due to looking gross.

If we DON'T have PSO's character creation(please lord no) then we can assume the "ramar" in the video is a different outfit...

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:32 PM
I hope it is a mix for Character creation

Corey Blue
Apr 27, 2011, 09:34 PM
Okay, I can agree with this. e_e;;;

But still like the LED lineshield-lighting parts...just not the GAY parts.

*has probably had this conversation 24 times since the gameplay video came out*

edit: LOL @ corey ninja posting me, with half of the same thing.

My ninja skillz.:-P

Nitro Vordex
Apr 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
I see no PSU in there
How hard are your eyes closed?

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
What hallucinogens have you been taking?

Jinto117
Apr 27, 2011, 10:38 PM

This. I thought the armor looked similar.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 10:39 PM
I agree with that, too. It does have a dash of SO4 in there.

Itoshi
Apr 27, 2011, 10:48 PM
Personally I'm loving the heavy Star Ocean/Sci-Fi look of everything. It really works for Phantasy Star as a whole, as well as this game.

Some of the clothing for PSU works for Phantasy Star as a whole too. Not all of it, but some.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 27, 2011, 10:51 PM
What hallucinogens have you been taking?

What Hallucinogens have you been taking?

Just from the alpha video the way PSO2 plays is very influential from PSU and the PSP seires.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 27, 2011, 10:52 PM
Phantasy Star Ocean?

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 10:54 PM
What Hallucinogens have you been taking?

Just from the alpha video the way PSO2 plays is very influential from PSU and the PSP seires.

I wasn't talking about the way it plays, I know the gameplay looks similar to PSU (though seemingly very much improved).

I was talking about nothing more than the style and appearance.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 27, 2011, 11:15 PM
I wasn't talking about the way it plays, I know the gameplay looks similar to PSU (though seemingly very much improved).

I was talking about nothing more than the style and appearance.

Ahh, sorry bout that. Indeed I do agree on the art style and appearance is very much like PSO and PSO2 definitely feels like a sequal to PSO in that scenes.

Lyric
Apr 27, 2011, 11:45 PM

All aboard the Calnus!

No, but seriously, that would be rad. The two series would fit perfectly with one another.

Palle
Apr 28, 2011, 12:29 AM
All aboard the Calnus!

No, but seriously, that would be rad. The two series would fit perfectly with one another.

Ogad, the fanfics. (x_x )

Lyric
Apr 28, 2011, 12:34 AM
Well, to be fair, fanfics of anything can be atrocious.

I'm definitely looking forward to some more information though. Sakai mentioned giving a bit more tomorrow didn't he? The 28th.

rezakon
Apr 28, 2011, 12:37 AM
All aboard the Calnus!

Agreed Star Ocean has a great art direction if you've ever looked through the concept art but the execution of it has always been it's downfall. Day concept art = ingame comparison = heavenly omega give me a lollipop damnit!

It's actually curious to why SO has never tried to make something like PSO, it has all the elements just sitting there to be used.

Vashyron
Apr 28, 2011, 12:38 AM
EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING EVERYTHING. EVERYTHIIIIIIING!

Lyric
Apr 28, 2011, 12:49 AM
Agreed Star Ocean has a great art direction if you've ever looked through the concept art but the execution of it has always been it's downfall. Day concept art = ingame comparison = heavenly omega give me a lollipop damnit!

It's actually curious to why SO has never tried to make something like PSO, it has all the elements just sitting there to be used.

-And it probably wouldn't have tanked like FFXIV. Now that was horribly executed.

I'm curious how leveling is going to work in PSO2. Anyone think they'll be grandfathering in anything similar to the advance class customization or the 'rebirth' system? Those are a few things from PSU that I feel were actually good additions...well, in theory for me anyway. I stopped playing PSU before they were introduced.

Vashyron
Apr 28, 2011, 12:51 AM
I'd like something after hitting the cap to be done about EXP instead of it just "wasting away." Rebirth system of PSP2i seems fine.

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 01:00 AM
I'd like something after hitting the cap to be done about EXP instead of it just "wasting away." Rebirth system of PSP2i seems fine.

I think PSU had some kind of bonus system with that, I dunno...

But since this is gonna be one of the main games, that we'll be playing for more than half a decade (assuming how loyal you become to the game good or bad) I'd rather put attention into other characters before I jump straight into something like "rebirthing."

But that's just me, I GUESS theres people that'd just wanna make one god character since that's what I aimed for in PSU...

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2011, 01:11 AM
I think PSU had some kind of bonus system with that, I dunno...

Yes, the GUARDIANS Advanced Style (GAS) (http://psupedia.info/GAS). Good for giving level-capped characters extra abilities, and more stuff to work for. But, the idea could use a little tweaking.

rezakon
Apr 28, 2011, 01:57 AM
-And it probably wouldn't have tanked like FFXIV. Now that was horribly executed.

I'm curious how leveling is going to work in PSO2. Anyone think they'll be grandfathering in anything similar to the advance class customization or the 'rebirth' system? Those are a few things from PSU that I feel were actually good additions...well, in theory for me anyway. I stopped playing PSU before they were introduced.

I played FFXIV, so much potential just wasted by not using what they learned in FFXI and modernizing it :-(

Possible on the systems, many players always like feeling like they are progressing there characters somehow.

Adriano
Apr 28, 2011, 04:56 AM
The clothes on PSU looked gay,super gaaay. (no offense to to gay people no problem with them,just don't wanna dress like one.) My belly button shouldn't show in none of those clothes.

I am very offended and I hope you have a horrible day.

Zarode
Apr 28, 2011, 05:42 AM
You gotta agree, most of the clothes were impractical as hell. I get it was suppose to be the future, but I dunno if I would wanna dress up in the majority of the stuff they wore...

Vashyron
Apr 28, 2011, 05:55 AM
Said this once and I'll say it again, Bath Towels, Bikinis, School Uniforms, (Monster) Suits, etc. Stuff that aren't even Casual clothes I'd very much like gone from PSO2.

Oh, but hey I'd be kidding myself if I thought Sega would remove their Fan Service crap.

therealAERO
Apr 28, 2011, 08:42 AM
New thing I noticed from the "Higher" resolution trailer is that there is a charge up, or some sort of limit bar for Hunters. Each time you attack it goes up. So it could be some sort of method to limit combo strings or maybe this is apart of the custom combo system and different moves take up different amounts of the bar. For example if you had a bunch of heavy attacks in your custom combo's it will fill the bar much quicker per strike, but really who knows this is purely speculation.

Theres actually two bars right about the Basic 3 attack panels so who knows.

Aumi
Apr 28, 2011, 09:14 AM
From what I can see the PP bar regenerates relatively quickly, but every non-basic attack, such as the upward and downward strikes, seems to drain PP pretty drastically, likely to limit combos. The same appears to count for rangers' non-basic shots. Some of the basic attacks appear to accelerate the regeneration rate. Dodge moves, unlike in the other games including them, don't seem to drain PP.

EDIT: The closest I could get to a full still image of the RAcaseal:
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/3131/racasealpso2.th.png (http://img848.imageshack.us/i/racasealpso2.png/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Just had to do it, lol. Looks pretty good, although I do prefer the PSO RAcaseal outfits.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 11:31 AM
EDIT: Also, I just wanted to point out to people... I really doubt this will be a pure Photon Art spamfest again. PSP2 solved this by including chain combos, but they dont seem to be present in PSO2 thus far. The video is a little blurry, but you can see that a button is changing pretty frequently when it shows the melee sequences... It seems that with each hit with the sword, a different icon would pop up. I'm guessing that depending on the number of hits into the combo you are, you can chain a new Photon Art afterward.

So for instance, you could press the photon art button and you'd do a large circular attack hitting all enemies around you. If you hit an enemy once with a normal attack then press the photon art button, you do an overhead swing and send the monster flying across the field.

These Photon Arts would also change depending on if you were in the air or the ground. They could also balance Photon Arts this way. Make the ones that you can use after just one normal attack weaker/less useful compared to the ones you can chain after a 5hit normal string.

And just imagine being able to choose each individual Photon Art for every hit! So for each weapon you would have 6-12 unique photon arts for each weapon. This would go along with the "create your own combos" line as well, and I think it'd be a neat idea.

Reposting this because of the HQ trailer. Looks like my guess was right, although there is a little difference. It looks like instead of having the Photon Art be based on the number of attacks you've made, you have a bar that charges up from using normal attacks. The more the bar is filled, the stronger the Photon Art you can use.

Corey Blue
Apr 28, 2011, 11:58 AM
I am very offended and I hope you have a horrible day.

I love you too.;-)

Chimeria
Apr 28, 2011, 12:24 PM
I was hoping they got rid of the whole PP system and just kept it oldschool with a TP bar for Technics. I'm eager to see if they're going to have us using magic with a Technic weapon as in PSU. I hated not being able to cast Resta unless I had a Rod or a Cane on.

RemiusTA
Apr 28, 2011, 12:37 PM
hopefully, this is why force gameplay hasn't been shown yet.

Itoshi
Apr 28, 2011, 04:18 PM
It's very possible that Forces will have TP and Hunters/Rangers will have PP.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 05:45 PM
It's very possible that Forces will have TP and Hunters/Rangers will have PP.

This could be true, considering rolling doesn't cost PP anymore..... But then that'd also mean the only class that could use technics would be the Force... D:

Zarode
Apr 28, 2011, 06:05 PM
This could be true, considering rolling doesn't cost PP anymore..... But then that'd also mean the only class that could use technics would be the Force... D:

Nah, it just means that Forces would be hella adept at casting because they have the TP pool for it. In PSP2, it was hard being a Hunter or Ranger and try to cast techs. After two casts, you would run out of PP generally, where as Force eventually got abilities to negate this some. So Resta and Buffs could be had on a Hunter or Ranger, but anything further was pushing your PP bar a little too far.

BogusKun
Apr 28, 2011, 10:38 PM
How is gaming going to "melt" your computer? Lol, unless you mean that you like to OC it way beyond it's limits, gaming does not hurt computers in any way.

Yup, I don't like playing PC games on lowest settings. It's not worth playing if I couldn't, and I fried 5 computers so far.

Blueblur
Apr 28, 2011, 10:46 PM
I honestly think that the rebirth system is only suited to PSP2i because you can level up quickly. I wouldn't include in a game like PSO 2. And the other option, throttling the level cap, is much worse. I should be allowed to hit the level cap if I'm paying a monthly fee and playing the game in a legitimate manner.

The obvious answer would be to make leveling up to Level 200 a long and arduous task like in the previous PSO games. There will still be some people that will hit 200 quickly, and more power to them, but I think it adds to something important to the game experience. I can only speak of my own experience, but when I would see a character much higher in level than my own, with cooler gear, it would only inspire me to keep playing and more often. It's a magical feeling and also a small but important detail that helps keep players hooked.

thinktank001
Apr 29, 2011, 09:32 AM
I seriously hope they add a limitation to jumping; PP consumption, cooldown timer, forced animation, or speed decrease to limit the amount of bunny hopping I will have to endour. Everything else looked pretty good and I hope it stays away from crafting unless they plan to add an actual crafting class.

Malachite
Apr 29, 2011, 09:38 AM
Yup, I don't like playing PC games on lowest settings. It's not worth playing if I couldn't, and I fried 5 computers so far.

Lol well playing games at higher settings isn't going to harm your computer either, they're not designed that way. They'll only allow a certain amount of heat before it starts caps out and things just go slow.

That is unless, you've overclocked, or you have a very bad cooling situation.

Kaziel
Apr 29, 2011, 10:17 AM

I don't even know where to start with this post.

So I won't.

l2computer.

Jinto117
Apr 30, 2011, 04:01 AM
I seriously hope they add a limitation to jumping; PP consumption, cooldown timer, forced animation, or speed decrease to limit the amount of bunny hopping I will have to endour. Everything else looked pretty good and I hope it stays away from crafting unless they plan to add an actual crafting class.

Yeah it's the jumping thing that bothers me to. Part of the reason I like the Monster Hunter series. They implement a stamina bar so that you cannot infinity dodge and run everywhere. Works out pretty good imo.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 04:03 AM
I don't think they'll limit dodging and jumping, especially with the environment they showed us.

I'm betting that we'll be grateful for the dodging and jumping on certain bosses and areas.

-Wayu

Jinto117
Apr 30, 2011, 04:05 AM
I'm predicting some sort of glitch activated by way of dodging or jumping.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 04:52 AM
That's why there's the alpha and beta tests, to find those bugs and eliminate them.

-Wayu