PDA

View Full Version : is it horrile wrong to ask for help when you get corpted

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 14, 2003, 03:02 PM
ok ok i've seen alot of things and needless to say
"BSOD beggers are anoying and most of them lie"
but what do you do if you really were currupted and just need help
EI: walk through forest maybe get a DB saber get a mushashi from a hard Dragon, not ask for it just get help in getting it
is this wrong? i've been BSOD it was early jan i was one of the first in the X-mas PSO generation i may have been the first, so thinking the PSO community was top nach i asked fellow hunters for help in maybe getting stuff back my TM weapon at the time was Yamato and a Last survivor(still haven't gotten it back) i got them all on my own, and well no i didn't get the help i needed i guess i decied "nah they don't believe me, i don't think i would believe me" i ended up getting help from a friend, even then he didn't give me much help infact all he did was walk me threw Forest, *sighs* it's ok now i have better stuff than ever so i guess i'm still sorta recovering and now i know what not to do so i will prevent anymore BSODs

can some answer these questions (excuse the story)
1. is it wrong to ask for that kind of help after and heavy BSOD or is everyone "OMG STFU NO1 CARES DUPPER LYER"
2. is BSODx still around?
3. is there anything you can do to combat a BSODX if incountered?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 14, 2003, 03:07 PM
If you spend all your time asking for help, it shows you might just plain suck at PSO and can't handle using "Gigush" (wtf is that?) or "Blade", since they have white (not yellow) names.

But then again, I'd want to get back to ultimate ASAP, which is a pain, since all my imaginary friends wouldn't want to go back to normal mode =;_;=

Tetzuro
Mar 14, 2003, 03:12 PM
hey i got corrupted yesterday.......it sucks

Tulathis
Mar 14, 2003, 03:25 PM
EI: walk through forest maybe get a DB saber get a mushashi from a hard Dragon, not ask for it just get help in getting it
is this wrong? i've been BSOD it was early jan i was one of the first in the X-mas PSO generation i may have been the first, so thinking the PSO community was top nach i asked fellow hunters for help in maybe getting stuff back my TM weapon at the time was Yamato and a Last survivor(still haven't gotten it back) i got them all on my own, and well no i didn't get the help i needed i guess i decied "nah they don't believe me, i don't think i would believe me" i ended up getting help from a friend, even then he didn't give me much help infact all he did was walk me threw Forest, *sighs* it's ok now i have better stuff than ever so i guess i'm still sorta recovering and now i know what not to do so i will prevent anymore BSODs

First off, try to use at least some punctuation. I'm not trying to sound like your teacher, but damn, that's hardly decipherable.

I don't think it's necesaraly wrong to ask for help if you've been corrupted. I would be much more likely to help someone out by helping them level for a bit with a higher level character than to flat out give them items. I might loan someone an item just for the time I was helping them level, but only if I felt they were trustworthy and that there was a fair chance I would get the weapon back. I would probably never give someone materials or a mag unless they were a friend and I knew they had been corrupted.

Vitamin_D
Mar 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
I usually carry around several Last Survivors, Dragon Slayers, Stags, Guilty Lights, Justys, Ice Staff Dagons,(The common stuff for me) In my bank. I mean..I don't want to sell em...so often times if people ask for something, I hook them up with those.

2Xtreme
Mar 14, 2003, 03:46 PM
I don't mind people asking for stuff after corrupting, because I understand how lost and dejected they must feel. (I have been corrupted 3 times on GameCube; the last time caused me to quit online PSO). What really irks me, however, is when you supply somebody with more rares than (you hope) they could ever expect to have, and then when you return to the lobby, they are spamming for more rares.

Oh... spamming! Don't even get me started on how much I hate that! I get especially annoyed when people refuse to stop using their shortcuts, or worse, when they keep hitting the button so the shortcuts never disappear.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 14, 2003, 03:56 PM
1. No one likes beggers. I suppose its okay to ask people you know for help, but odds are they'll offer to help before you even get to it. As for people that go around lobbies saying "I got corrupt - please help." Very, very annoying...

2. Yep.

3. Nope.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 14, 2003, 05:01 PM
gah, lost of mixed feelings and no using a gigush isn''t a big problem for me but say for instants you were in the middle of buying something so (stupidly ) took out all your money and then bam BSOD you lose all your money you mag you weapons all the stuff in your bank you can't use. i mean wouldn't you feel a lil helpless going out into F1 alone without help at all fighting with fist untill you could maybe find a saber?
and no i don't think i totally suck at PSO if i did by now someone would have told me "D00d leik you Sux0r" or something eheh though my nick name as the "twich gamer" (good thing) isn't a great thing for me. eh anyways thanks for telling me
"nah don't ask for help if you BSOD(x) because odds are we on't care too many others making crap up in order to take advantage of are good hearts so feh your on your own" no offence ment.
does anyone remeber the time when PSO first came out on DC and everyone was hyped and nice and cool and would help eachother, is it because we know so much now that we can't go back? i know i'm a hopeless fool...

AzureBlaze
Mar 14, 2003, 11:53 PM
I think it is a mix of what you mentioned.
Yeah, there are a lot of people out there who want to take advantage of everyone they see, and are just greedy idiots who care about nothing but themselves. These sorts tend to jade everyone else with senseless begging and lying.

However, there are also weapons which (as ST's very clever plan went)are quite common for some one high level, and they can't sell them for 10meseta in the store, so they're just good for handing down. Usually, if you show you're willing to fight alongside everyone else, and earn your place (and are also polite with Moons/resta/zalure/whatever) people will be willing to lend you a hand.

Generally, if you get into a game with a good polite bunch, and you act nice as well, they'll be willing to help you out in some manner.

-BK-
Mar 14, 2003, 11:56 PM
I think if you make it clear that you're not asking for "hand-outs", that you just want to do a run looking for a particular item, then you shouldn't have too much trouble finding people willing to help you. Also try using the "Player Match-up" here, or take advantage of the "Salvation Army" that PSOW created.

Mystil
Mar 15, 2003, 11:14 AM
Were you corrupted Ryo? Cause this topic seems very out of the blue and vague for you to be starting. And you have'nt been online in days. But that's just me guessing any true reasons for you starting this topic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I know you get BSOD like every freaking minute and such..IF you do, PM me here or whatever..

But to answer those questions.

If I don't know you, and I get bad vibes from you, then no. As in, you are lying and just restarting, wanting some uber rares/items. If I do know you, then I'll help instantly without even thinking twice. I'll even go beyond that and help you level up if I have spare time lol.

That's usually the only thing I can do for FSOD-X victims though, is help them level up, since all my good stuff only my class can use(on my RA)..and you need a good DEX/POW mag to use which I lack.

Like today, this guy named Manupukken or something was corrupted, but I couldn't help him, cause well, I don't have force stuff on my RA. And my FO sucks right now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Blah, not having extras piss me off....

Uh..you get the point. But anyhow, it's not horrible to ask for help, but I suggest you ask your friends for help, and not just enter a lobby and go "NE1 GOT STUFF FOR ME, I WAS CORRUPTED". Or something like that.(this post didn't make sense I know)

Ghaleon-Sama
Mar 15, 2003, 12:38 PM
Don't care, I have a Resist/Begger++ ^_^

2Xtreme
Mar 15, 2003, 08:52 PM
Very sorry to go on another of my spelling and grammar rants, but the word you're looking for is beggar, not begger.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 15, 2003, 09:06 PM
uhh well thank goodness i haven't been Corrupted but i've been FSOD and BSOD plenty and well i can't help the feeling that sooner or later i'm gonna BSODX. and when i do i wanna know what to do to not sound like all the beggers >.> at one time i thought it was possible but when you all ask for the same thing, i guess there isn't.

Vantamiath
Mar 15, 2003, 09:16 PM
No one likes beggars...

Wow, I really cant think of anyone who does...