PDA

View Full Version : Classes?

Calsu
Apr 25, 2011, 03:19 AM
To be honest, I really liked the idea of being tied down to something specific. I haven't exactly played PSU enough, but the idea of being able to use almost any(?) weapon is beyond absurd.

I like to be special :(

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2011, 04:10 AM
I wouldn't mind being able to use any weapon... although I think in general, one's character should be better at some weapons than others.

In FF14, you could change your class simply by equipping a different weapon, instead of going through the hassle of talking to an NPC to do it. Then, you could level up whichever job was associated with that weapon. I haven't been able to play the game myself yet, but from what my friends showed me, it was very simple and easy to use.

Through my experiences with PSO, PSU, and FF11 though, I've noticed that while some people enjoy sticking to the strict roles their character's job is designed for, others prefer to be more personalized and creative, such as FOcasts, or a White Mage that wields a scythe. Unfortunately as a result, other players tend to question their designs and shun them away from parties because they no longer fulfill the roles that benefit the party as a whole. Because of this, I think it would be cool if a game built a class around your own playing style. I first posted about it here, (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2586950&postcount=29) but I guess I can talk about it here too.

For example, you would start out as some sort of neutral, beginner class... we'll call it "Adventurer." If we compared this to PSO/PSU, you could then go out and choose any basic weapon that you wanted: saber, rifle, wand, whatever. Then, depending on what weapons you use the most, you would then unlock classes (from a vast multitude of presets that are normally unseen) that conform to your play style. If you use mostly melee weapons, you'd become a Hunter; if you use guns, a Ranger, etc.; however, if you used both melee AND gun weapons, you'd become a Fighgunner. Guns and techs would obviously make you a Guntecher, etc. etc.

And if you're one of those people who likes sticking to a single weapon type, you could unlock a class suited specifically for it. If you used nothing but fist weapons, you could unlock something completely different, like "Pugilist," and your stats would best conform to suit fist weapons (moderately high ATP and ATA, fast attacking speed, etc.). Also, as you level up with that class, you could unlock certain PA's that are exclusive to that class, so that each class would be unique and not seem as underpowered compared to others.

Meanwhile, if you wanted to switch to something else, you always could... and still be able to use some of the moves you learned from other classes! For example, if you learned the "Asuran Fists" PA as a Pugilist, but then switched back to Hunter, you could still use Asuran Fists if you decide to keep using fist weapons as a Hunter. However, to keep things balanced, it wouldn't be as strong as if you had stayed Pugilist. And as you occasionally use other weapons as a Hunter, you might unlock even more classes that would accommodate the use of both fists and whatever other weapon you were using!

So, instead of being stuck as a Force who doesn't like to heal people and use weapons too, or feels like Wartecher is underpowered, you'd have your very own class that both you and other party members wouldn't complain about, because you all have something unique to offer! ^^ Of course, I highly doubt Sega would do something that cool, and there'd be a LOOOOOT of classes to program in... :(

Skye-Fox713
Apr 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
I hope that they have similar weapon and teck availability from PSO. I played a RAmarl for my main and I always loved being able to go from my Justy ST-23, to a Brand Twinsaber, to buffing with shifta and deband, using Resta to heal myself, and shooting off Foi and Barta whenever I wanted.