PDA

View Full Version : Since PSO2 is a PC exclusive...

r00tabaga
Apr 25, 2011, 02:21 PM
...what's the chances that it will be joystick friendly? I am not one for using w/a/s/d/space+arrow controls for gaming. I have never played WoW b/c of this. Blue Burst was hella fun with a controller & hotkeys.

Zyrusticae
Apr 25, 2011, 02:36 PM
Believe it or not, controllers for PCs are not that uncommon. :-P ESPECIALLY in Japan...

So, chances are extremely high that they will have controller support. However, given the current control scheme (look at all those hot keys!), I have to question whether or not that would be the optimal way to play... it's certainly not easier to aim with an analog joystick than a mouse.

Mantiskilla
Apr 25, 2011, 02:39 PM
Believe it or not, controllers for PCs are not that uncommon. :-P ESPECIALLY in Japan...

So, chances are extremely high that they will have controller support. However, given the current control scheme (look at all those hot keys!), I have to question whether or not that would be the optimal way to play... it's certainly not easier to aim with an analog joystick than a mouse.

Nah im sure the game will be optimized for controller play vs keyboard/mouse. PSOBB had all those hotkey functions at the bottom and the game still played better with a controller so im sure this one will be the same. Probably just have the functions in there for people who prefer to use keyboard instead

r00tabaga
Apr 25, 2011, 02:58 PM
Was PSU for the PC better with or w/o a controller? I never had a problem w/PSOBB, although I only used the keyboard for chat & hotkeys.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 03:25 PM
NO!NOOO NOO NOOO!!!! Don't ever say exclusive!It will make me have to buy a gaming PC.This laptop can only run PSO and PSU!*cries*

And about the controller...I say buy a ps3 controller,download the driver for the ps3 controller,map the buttons to how you see fit and There you go

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 03:29 PM
I can almost guarantee you the game will have innate controller support.

Even if it doesn't, there are always vile trainers like Joy2Key that you can use.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah look at PSO,the controllers were good,just not easy to look behind or move in circles

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2011, 03:54 PM
I used a 360 controller with a USB connection to my PC when I played PSU and the PSO:BB private servers, as well as when I play some old emulators. Works great for me, despite the fact that my PC is getting old and it tends to short it out on occasion. I really only used the keyboard for chat purposes, and even then, who knows if PSO2 will support voice chat? If not, there's always stuff like Skype, Ventrilo, and Teamspeak, lol.

SephirothXer0
Apr 25, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah look at PSO,the controllers were good,just not easy to look behind or move in circles

Why do you say that? I found it very easy to quickly turn around and move the camera on the GC

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
Why do you say that? I found it very easy to quickly turn around and move the camera on the GC

No lol the PC version.And I to use the Ps3 controller for PSU

Skye-Fox713
Apr 25, 2011, 05:53 PM
I used a Controler for PSU because i didn't like the keyboard lay out. Another reason why is that PSU had a free camera so that you could be running in one direction and be rotating the camera and looking in another, that and I only used the keyboard for chatting and the hotkeys. 1 joystick for movement and the other for the camera.

for PSO2 I really hope one option it supports is an FPS/TPS (1st/3rd person shooter) keyboard/mouse set up because of what I saw for the shooting mechanic in the recent video. With the WASD key for movement and the mouse for the camera.

landman
Apr 26, 2011, 12:00 AM
Most PC games today (and "today" from 2-3 years back) come with an xbox360 controller button configuration.

Syl
Apr 26, 2011, 02:14 AM
Only thing about 360 controllers is that you have to buy the one that's PC compatible if you want to use wireless, or use that wireless USB dongle. PS3 controllers work as well if you connect them with an USB cable and download some drivers. Not sure if they work with a Bluetooth USB dongle yet.

Zaix
Apr 26, 2011, 03:38 PM
I hated PSU PC with raw keyboard...i couldn't stand having to stop to type (switching from movement mode to typing mode)...it was oddly amusing clicking to navigate though...it just seemed really out of place to me.