PDA

View Full Version : Why I hope PSO2 will come to Consoles.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 03:52 PM
I really hope PSO2 comes to console and here is why:

Years ago, when I first got PSO (GC version), I never expected I would fall in love with the same so much. Soon all of my friends got the game and all our journey through PSO began. Since we didn’t pay for online, our main method of play was of course split-screen. And how glorious the split-screen was. Going around, calling our rare items and rushing all to get it and helping each other get better equipment and MAGs was a blast. No other game could replicate this.

Going over each other houses with memory cards with our character, popping it in and continuing the game was great. Even when I eventually got online, I didn’t play it as much as Split-screen, as the experience wasn’t nearly as fun. Playing with players I didn’t know, not being able to have those fun times with friends all sitting on a couch. Once when we were low levels we fought the dragon on Forest, and one of my friends didn’t get away fast enough and the Dragon’s corpse came crashing down on him. He was pissed but eventually we were all laughing, if that had happened online, it wouldn’t have been so funny, or wouldn’t have thought about it as much.

Pass two years or so, I now have put over 500 hours in the game, my most played game ever (one of my older friends put in about 1000, mostly playing alone.) So no doubt I was itching for a new game, and was extremely excited to see Phantasy Star Universe announced. Sadly as you all know, there is no split-screen in PSU, and this was just really a letdown. No doubt I enjoyed the game (got the game, expansion, PSP, and PSP2) but it was not nearly as fun as PSO. PSO: EP3 was slightly more enjoyable just due to the split-screen.

Skip ahead to last year and you have no idea how excited I was to hear PSO2 announced, a tear nearly came to my eyes. Finally a true sequel to PSO. Then that suddenly crashed when I saw: PC only. I was nearly about to cry out of sadness, not out of joy. What’s worse is that it seems like the game will have no offline to speak of, only going to online. I know Online is in the title, but the original supported a great offline (granted less content, but rather have split-screen with friends then lots of content.) This isn’t a true sequel; it’s just a game carrying the same name.

I know some PC fans will cry foul, saying the game would have much more on PC, and for that I could really care less. See I have a great PC, and many PC games, but for me, Phantasy Star has always been and should be a console RPG. It isn’t trying to push boundaries, it’s just supposed to be just good fun. Playing online is fun, but not nearly as fun as having buddies sitting next to you on a couch, each with a controller in hand.

What do you think?

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
I bet I could care less more.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
I think you're going to have to stick to PSO. Sorry, I just don't see the series ever having offline multiplayer.

Also, there are dozens of practical reasons why a game such as this makes the most sense being PC only, but I'm not going to go into that, since that horse is quite deceased.

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 04:00 PM
I really hope PSO2 comes to console and here is why:

Years ago, when I first got PSO (GC version), I never expected I would fall in love with the same so much. Soon all of my friends got the game and all our journey through PSO began. Since we didn’t pay for online, our main method of play was of course split-screen. And how glorious the split-screen was. Going around, calling our rare items and rushing all to get it and helping each other get better equipment and MAGs was a blast. No other game could replicate this.

Going over each other houses with memory cards with our character, popping it in and continuing the game was great. Even when I eventually got online, I didn’t play it as much as Split-screen, as the experience wasn’t nearly as fun. Playing with players I didn’t know, not being able to have those fun times with friends all sitting on a couch. Once when we were low levels we fought the dragon on Forest, and one of my friends didn’t get away fast enough and the Dragon’s corpse came crashing down on him. He was pissed but eventually we were all laughing, if that had happened online, it wouldn’t have been so funny, or wouldn’t have thought about it as much.

Pass two years or so, I now have put over 500 hours in the game, my most played game ever (one of my older friends put in about 1000, mostly playing alone.) So no doubt I was itching for a new game, and was extremely excited to see Phantasy Star Universe announced. Sadly as you all know, there is no split-screen in PSU, and this was just really a letdown. No doubt I enjoyed the game (got the game, expansion, PSP, and PSP2) but it was not nearly as fun as PSO. PSO: EP3 was slightly more enjoyable just due to the split-screen.

Skip ahead to last year and you have no idea how excited I was to hear PSO2 announced, a tear nearly came to my eyes. Finally a true sequel to PSO. Then that suddenly crashed when I saw: PC only. I was nearly about to cry out of sadness, not out of joy. What’s worse is that it seems like the game will have no offline to speak of, only going to online. I know Online is in the title, but the original supported a great offline (granted less content, but rather have split-screen with friends then lots of content.) This isn’t a true sequel; it’s just a game carrying the same name.

I know some PC fans will cry foul, saying the game would have much more on PC, and for that I could really care less. See I have a great PC, and many PC games, but for me, Phantasy Star has always been and should be a console RPG. It isn’t trying to push boundaries, it’s just supposed to be just good fun. Playing online is fun, but not nearly as fun as having buddies sitting next to you on a couch, each with a controller in hand.

What do you think?

Sorry bud you should just suck it up and deal with it,it's a low chance it will be on console's.SEGA would have been announced it already,you know how they are.(PC was the smartest move they made.)

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:05 PM
Sorry bud you should just suck it up and deal with it,it's a low chance it will be on console's.SEGA would have been announced it already,you know how they are.(PC was the smartest move they made.)

Let me guess, the reason why its the smartest move is becuase of a couple reasons:

1. Updates.
- If this is really a problem, how about they use Steam which is now on PS3? Sure its not the same as Steam on PC, but it allows the creators to update when they want to. (and even then, on PS3 updates can be HUGE! MAG a FPS for the ps3 had a over 1 gb update.)

2. General Hate of Consoles.
-No more to say about this.

3. Space and Holding the game back.
- This is probably what most think and its BS. Finally screenshots and gameplay have been revealed and nothing it showed can't be on console, hell it looked it would be even more fun with a controller. Its graphics aren't anything amazing. Plus the game is instanced so its not like they would have to deal with thousands of players in a zone.

Honestly couldn't think of a fourth reasons, as there is no viable reason why they shouldn't also have it on consoles.

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 04:06 PM
Plus the game is instanced so its now like they would have to deal with thousands of players in a zone.

Looks like its still mission-based to me.

Ark22
Nope,it will be on consoles.I mean think about it,alot it.So many ps3's and alot of sega fans*mainly the ps3's in japan are over millions*.So it will come out on consoles

Tetsaru
I see where you're coming from, Korten12, because I had some fond memories playing offline multiplayer on PSO Gamecube with several of my friends too. However, I believe most people here (especially the PSU veterans) would agree that it would be more important and practical to keep the game PC-only for the sake of avoiding bad ports and "segregated" content among different regions and servers. Personally, I don't want to be a year behind Japan again, or have to wait for offline content to be added online (if PSO2 even has an offline mode), or be disappointed when I find out one of my friends has a different port of the game and I can't play on the same servers as him.

Zyrusticae
Apr 25, 2011, 04:08 PM
Realize that the only screenshots and footage of the game are of a pre-alpha state. The game can drastically change between now and release (which won't be for at least 6 months from now).

Also,

hell it looked it would be even more fun with a controller
I lol'd. (http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=123&name=PC-Game-Controllers)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 04:08 PM
We're really going to have this discussion again?

Have fun guys.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
Looks like its still mission-based to me.

That was a mistake on my behalf, I mean't to say not, and accidently wrote now. :P

Also for Segregated content: DC Universe gets updates on PC the same as PS3. So... (updates and content)

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
They would have been announced the other systems already,but we'll find out more at E3.

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 04:10 PM
Until SEGA says otherwise, it's PC exclusive. Get over it.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
Until SEGA says otherwise, it's PC exclusive. Get over it.

Yeah I know, but you know what? I am not just going to back down. Sure I am a measly consumer, but its better to be vocal about this then to sit down and shut up.

(which I can probalby assume you would probably like so then it would stay PC only.)

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:13 PM
Majority of Japan has ps3's.They always do the PC first then Consoles

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 04:13 PM
Because being vocal on a fan-made forum is productive.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
They would have been announced the other systems already we'll find out more at E3.

Hm, not so sure about that. Some games stay one platform for awhile but then turn multi (FF13 for example.)

Though yes, most likely if anything it will come from E3. Which I can't wait for in general just to see also other games announced. :)

Zyrusticae
Apr 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
Majority of Japan has ps3's.They always do the PC first then Consoles
Uh...

No.

No, they don't.

In fact, they usually never even touch the PC. The fact that SEGA has only announced the PC so far means this is a very, very special case.

So, yeah. Get over it.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:15 PM
Because being vocal on a fan-made forum is productive.

Dude gtfo. Honestly, I bet even if it may not seem like it, SEGA probably does look at these sites. Developers may not always listen but that doesn't mean they don't at least look. Hell, Zipper, a developer even says they look on fan forums.

Granted this isn't all developers but I doubt they don't listen to the fans.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:16 PM
I am calling a bet on this!PSO2 on Ps3.

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 04:17 PM
Dude gtfo. Honestly, I bet even if it may not seem like it, SEGA probably does look at these sites. Developers may not always listen but that doesn't mean they don't at least look. Hell, Zipper, a developer even says they look on fan forums.

Granted this isn't all developers but I doubt they don't listen to the fans.

Yeah, RubyEclipse from SoA occasionally hops on here, but guess how much he contributes to the production of PSO2? Yep, zip.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 04:18 PM

Granted this isn't all developers but I doubt they don't listen to the fans.One PR guy at SoA occasionally reads this forum.
He has no say in the game's development.

SEGA of Japan don't even care about the SEGA of America forum, why would you think they scour PSOW for ideas?

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:22 PM
One PR guy at SoA occasionally reads this forum.
He has no say in the game's development.

SEGA of Japan don't even care about the SEGA of America forum, why would you think they scour PSOW for ideas?

Thats still better then none.

See the thing is that I bet you guys don't like to hear about this is becuase you don't want to hear people wanting it on Consoles.

If this was a topic celebrating PC exlcusvitiy, I bet you guys would be jumping in joy and posting to your hearts content. But that isn't that topic and you're hearing what you don't want to hear.

Also for people who say their are dozens of reasons why it should stay PC exclusive, list them.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:23 PM
PSU was great on the ps2.PS3 would be harder to hack online (seeing as sony is revamping online anyway)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 04:26 PM
Also for people who say their are dozens of reasons why it should stay PC exclusive, list them.Read one of the twenty other topics where this exact issue has already been discussed. Like I said, it's a dead horse. I'm not going to waste my time posting all that again.

Oh, and cool persecution complex you got there.

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 04:26 PM
PSU was great on the ps2.
Hahaha.

Also for people who say their are dozens of reasons why it should stay PC exclusive, list them.

List a dozen reasons why it should come to consoles.

GreenArcher
Apr 25, 2011, 04:27 PM
Things we know: PSO2 is being released for the PC.

/thread

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:28 PM
Hahaha.

List a dozen reasons why it should come to consoles.

Never said their was dozens of reasons why it should come to consoles.

Though I did list three reasons on page 1 as to why, and it basicaly covered everything besides community.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 04:30 PM
Don't encourage him, Ishia. I thought you knew better.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:31 PM

Oh now is it the PC master race superiority complex? I am not trolling, what is trolling is to tell people to shut up that wish it to come to Consoles.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:32 PM
Consoles are cool,PC just has better visual less lag and slow downs and etc.But still alot of PSO addicts on Ps3's.Would make sense:P.There are numerous games that were set to PC only then made for consoles...like seriously

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 04:32 PM
Never said their was dozens of reasons why it should come to consoles.

Though I did list three reasons on page 1 as to why, and it basicaly covered everything besides community.

Man check the forums you'll find plenty of reasons why this shouldn't be on the consoles.We discussed this before,and most of the forum agrees,PC only.So go to www.ibuypower.com or whatever website you want to get a good pc from and save up 400-500 dollar's,that's like month of pay for a low income job.YOU CAN DO IT. (if it makes you feel better,I'm also saving u for a pc,I have a 360 and I know damn we'll it shouldnt be on consoles.)I'm done with consoles,there a dying species right now.

Ishia
Apr 25, 2011, 04:35 PM

Well, I knew that he couldn't/wouldn't do it anyway.

Oh now is it the PC master race superiority complex? I am not trolling, what is trolling is to tell people to shut up that wish it to come to Consoles.

It's only PC exclusive at this present moment; therefore, people SHOULD be following that mindset that it will remain PC exclusive unless otherwise stated by SEGA.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:37 PM
People,PC's are great and all but come on,I know as well as you know sega released all their games on consoles,it started with a console and it will continue on consoles,they just didn't port it to consoles yet maybe.We will know at E3.Besides doesn't the guy want hope give it to him,this isn't a Why I think PSO2 shouldn't be on consoles.If DCUO can do it,so can sega

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 04:38 PM
Besides doesn't the guy want hope give it to himAs the Prince of Hope, Ishia is uniquely qualified to know when all hope is lost.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 04:39 PM
Man check the forums you'll find plenty of reasons why this shouldn't be on the consoles.We discussed this before,and most of the forum agrees,PC only.So go to www.ibuypower.com or whatever website you want to get a good pc from and save up 400-500 dollar's,that's like month of pay for a low income job.YOU CAN DO IT. (if it makes you feel better,I'm also saving u for a pc,I have a 360 and I know damn we'll it shouldnt be on consoles.)I'm done with consoles,there a dying species right now.

Dying species, implying that COD:BLOPs didn't sell 12 million on 360 and 9 million on PS3...

Also I got a PC that with hyper graphics mods on Crysis, can play it smoothly.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:41 PM
Until they confirm it will NOT come out for consoles there is hope,lol did you know sega wasted alot of money on Sonic games?It will be on consoles I can guarantee it

GreenArcher
Apr 25, 2011, 04:46 PM
Until they confirm it will NOT come out for consoles there is hope

Best quote ever

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 04:47 PM
Dying species, implying that COD:BLOPs didn't sell 12 million on 360 and 9 million on PS3...

Also I got a PC that with hyper graphics mods on Crysis, can play it smoothly.

Yeah only a few title games do well on the console's,and with your computer you should be fine about it being on pc then,you have 0 to worry about,your in the clear,be fucking happy.I don't even have a good PC yet and some of you guys are complaining about nothing,do you know what's gonna happen if they put it on console's,somebody might get the shaft and it aint JP.So until they say otherwise this is it.

wufiei
Apr 25, 2011, 04:56 PM
I for one do hope it comes to consoles.

P.S. Why does it seem to bother some people that others want a console port? If you're going to get the PC version anyway then why is that skin off your back? Just wondering.

It doesn't much matter to me that a game that I like might come to a console I don't own, so long as I get mine.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 04:58 PM
As long as I can play it,see it,love it,I see no problem.You guys are just stuck up PC people(no flaming intended)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 05:00 PM
Nope.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 05:01 PM
I for one do hope it comes to consoles.

P.S. Why does it seem to bother some people that others want a console port? If you're going to get the PC version anyway then why is that skin off your back? Just wondering.

It doesn't much matter to me that a game that I like might come to a console I don't own, so long as I get mine.

Many PC fanboys don't like when games announced for PC get Console ports.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 05:03 PM
Nope. x2 combo

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 05:03 PM
Tell them like it is Douche Of Tears.

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2011, 05:05 PM

*prepare for Tetsaru mini-rant*

That's because Call of Duty: Blip-Blops is another one of those stupid, overrated, overhyped, non-innovative FPS games for simple-minded fucktards that are currently stagnating the genre and stealing market share away from other games, simply because it sells itself solely on the franchise name.

Oh look, a game based on an actual war/conflict where I can shoot people! That's NEVER been done before! And ZOMFG, zombies for no apparent reason! It's like the devs couldn't decide if this was supposed to be a war game or a survival horror! Oh noes, the screen's turning red, better go hide and suck my thumb while I bleed out all these bullets... :rolleyes:

/endTetsarumini-rant

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 05:05 PM
Says the guy with the avatar that has a guy with a angry expression.

CCCCCCCCCOmbo breaka

But no PC people are cool,just the RPG PC players are annoying

eclipsXe
Apr 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
You guys are all tripping....These are my opinions, facts and wants.

I want it to come out on PS3 because the PS3 pretty much has what the
PS2 needed for PSU, MMO's can work on the PS3, (don't believe me play
DC Universe, freaking monthly 2GB updates), that and the more MMO type
games that come out on consoles the more people will start actually
playing MMO's, that and PSO isn't really an MMO so yeah like I said
PS3 could handle it. That and if it's on a console with that good ol
single player and splitscreen feel alot more people will buy it then
if it was strictly PC. Only problem with putting it on PS3 that
worries me is Sony trying to control updates, but they don't seem to
be when it comes to PSP2I. Screw 360 they don't want any MMO's on it
anyways.

I do agree with you PC only guys when it comes to the amount of
content they can add is way more then consoles but that only will be
the case if Sega really really adds content that consoles can
absolutely not handle. I have to stop here......PS3 can handle MMO's but not walls of text >.>

FIRST POST FTFW!!!....That is all.....For now

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
I didn't even read the first 5 pages and I can smell the controversial false hope filled butthurt from here.

I can see it on PS3 MAYBE, Xbox is LOL I'll pray for you, Wii is a no brainer.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 05:08 PM
E you really need to get a PC,want me to lend you my laptop =D?!
And yeah DCUO is 16 gbs for installment then go on from there with 2 -6 gb updates

wufiei
Apr 25, 2011, 05:13 PM
Many PC fanboys don't like when games announced for PC get Console ports.

Ah I see. Thanks.

eclipsXe
Apr 25, 2011, 05:13 PM
I have a PC, I just don't like playing on a PC, doesn't give you that at home feeling you know? I want to lay on my bed with my wireless controller, and own monsters on my High-Def while saying you suck on my PS3 headset, also PSO and PS3 both start with PS! they're meant for each other!

Angelic Fae
Apr 25, 2011, 05:15 PM
...I want it on consoles cause it'll be easier for me to play since I won't need to buy a new pc...thats all really

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 05:16 PM
PSO is that Play Station Online.I seriously don't want to sit infront on my PC playing games,I would play WoW if I wanted to do that.

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2011, 05:16 PM
I have a PC, I just don't like playing on a PC, doesn't give you that at home feeling you know? I want to lay on my bed with my wireless controller, and own monsters on my High-Def while saying you suck on my PS3 headset, also PSO and PS3 both start with PS! they're meant for each other!

Hook your TV up to your PC with an HDMI/DVI cable, hook up your controller, keyboard, and headset through USB/wireless/Bluetooth. Problem solved. :wacko:

Milla
Apr 25, 2011, 05:17 PM
At E3 PSO2 will be announced as one of the launch title's for the Wii 2.

Trollface.jpg

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 05:18 PM
At E3 PSO2 will be announced as one of the launch title's for the Wii 2.

Trollface.jpg

*Flips a desk* You're out of order

GreenArcher
Apr 25, 2011, 05:18 PM

-TV with VGA input
-Wireless controller
-Wireless headset
-Ventrillo / Team Speak

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 05:19 PM
*prepare for Tetsaru mini-rant*

That's because Call of Duty: Blip-Blops is another one of those stupid, overrated, overhyped, non-innovative FPS games for simple-minded fucktards that are currently stagnating the genre and stealing market share away from other games, simply because it sells itself solely on the franchise name.

Oh look, a game based on an actual war/conflict where I can shoot people! That's NEVER been done before! And ZOMFG, zombies for no apparent reason! It's like the devs couldn't decide if this was supposed to be a war game or a survival horror! Oh noes, the screen's turning red, better go hide and suck my thumb while I bleed out all these bullets... :rolleyes:

/endTetsarumini-rant

I enjoy Black Ops, therefore I am a "simple-minded fucktards that are currently stagnating the genre and stealing market share away from other games," Thanks insulting me will really help your arguement.

Oh look, a sci-fi game were I fight monsters!
That's NEVER been done before!

Your whole post implys that Phantasy Star Online is innovated (which is online aspect for consoles was really only part of it) and so though provoking.

It doesn't even matter, Black Ops sold a lot, that means Console gaming isn't dying.

Also many games on Consoles still sell millions, not as much as BLOPs but still millions.

Vashyron
Apr 25, 2011, 05:20 PM
Heh, I find it incredible the amount of people who use the "don't want to sit in front of PC" excuse.

Did you know that if your TV isn't from the Stone Age you can probably link your PC to it? And I can almost guarantee you can use a controller with PSO2, so use a wireless one.

Now give me more excuses.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 05:20 PM
Why waste money on something I don't need for something Not confirmed to not be on something.BUUTT I will use that idea if it's true

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 05:26 PM
I didn't even read the first 5 pages and I can smell the controversial false hope filled butthurt from here.

I can see it on PS3 MAYBE, Xbox is LOL I'll pray for you, Wii is a no brainer.

The only console I see this on is PS3,Xbox hell no fuck Micro$oft and their shitty service towards their players,look at PSU you'll know what I mean.Wii is a hell no,a huge HELL NO.Where not talking about a fucking FPS game or whatever,were talking about a game that needs to be constantly updated and consoles are iffy on that.

Itoshi
Apr 25, 2011, 06:13 PM
SEGA won't release on consoles because they learned from PSU.

PC/PS2 never got updated in the US/EU region, and was dropped. Then the PS2 was dropped entirely and PSUJP began updating with much, much better content than before. Want to know why?

Because the PS2 version's updates relied on unlocking content from the disk. When they ran out of content, they had to make a new disc (Example, PSU AoTI).

Now PSUJP is really far ahead of PSU 360. Why? Because SEGA decided to change the payment system and a bunch of other systems. Stuff that is hard to change on a game for consoles. So now PSU 360 is missing months worth of content. Would you really want that to happen with PSO2?

I'm not saying I don't want consoles. I'd love for this game to come out on consoles. Then it'd be really accessible for everyone. PSO isn't some secret club for fans only. So it would be great if more people played.

Just I can't see it happening.

Also, about split screen. Sorry, but gaming has changed a lot and the industry is shifting away from this. I think Portal 2 is the most recent game to have split screen, but it isn't around a lot. Most people prefer to play online. It looks like SEGA is going full online experience with this game, so much that I can't even see them making an Offline Story Mode. So the possibility of split-screen is slim to none. If somehow it is included, I would be overjoyed. But like this game appearing on consoles, I can't see it happening.

Zimbabwe
Apr 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
I understand exactly where you're coming from. Some of my fondest gaming memories are from playing PSO splitscreen. I eventually played the Gamecube version online once, purchased PSU and it's expansions on PC, PS2, and Xbox 360, and played a little bit of PSO:BB on ********.
While I had many fun times with those experiences, they never matched the amount of fun I had playing PSO splitscreen with my brothers and friends.

Trust me, I wanted splitscreen support for PSU just as bad as you did and I still do want some form of support for splitscreen for PSO2.
But we have to be realistic here, the chances of PSO2 coming to consoles is slim and the chances of having the console version support splitscreen is even more slim.
It's only logical. With PSO2 remaining a PC-exclusive title, all the limitations that come with supporting a console game are gone.
Though if it is to come to a console, I think it would most likely be PS3. Trust me, I definitely want it on Xbox 360 but Sony is much more lenient than Microsoft when it comes to these things. Games such as Portal 2 and DC Universe have proven that PS3 and PC can work together efficiently.

eclipsXe
Apr 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hook your TV up to your PC with an HDMI/DVI cable, hook up your controller, keyboard, and headset through USB/wireless/Bluetooth. Problem solved. :wacko:

Now why would I waste all that time, effort, and money when it could come out on PS3 :), I'll probably get it if it is a PC only title it looks like the sequel we all been waiting for.

PC/PS2 never got updated in the US/EU region, and was dropped. Then the PS2 was dropped entirely and PSUJP began updating with much, much better content than before. Want to know why?

Because the PS2 version's updates relied on unlocking content from the disk. When they ran out of content, they had to make a new disc

You have to remember we're on the PS3 now, it is possible to add content and updates without it already being on the disk, DC Universe has proven this. The only reason I can see them having a reason to not put this on the PS3 is Sony trying to control everything but I'm pretty sure they won't because I'm pretty sure Sony lets the developers handle their own content, that's why we get free DLC :D unlike 360 did with ummm was it Dead Rising 2 or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood....idk it was some game.

Zimbabwe
Apr 25, 2011, 06:45 PM
Now why would I waste all that time, effort, and money when it could come out on PS3 :), I'll probably get it if it is a PC only title it looks like the sequel we all been waiting for.

You have to remember we're on the PS3 now, it is possible to add content and updates without it already being on the disk, DC Universe has proven this. The only reason I can see them having a reason to not put this on the PS3 is Sony trying to control everything but I'm pretty sure they won't because I'm pretty sure Sony lets the developers handle their own content, that's why we get free DLC :D unlike 360 did with ummm was it Dead Rising 2 or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood....idk it was some game.

Practically every game on Xbox 360 has to deal with that.
Valve wanted to support Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, and Portal 2 on the Xbox 360 with free content just like they do with PC but Microsoft wouldn't let them.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 06:46 PM

Because the PS2 version's updates relied on unlocking content from the disk. When they ran out of content, they had to make a new disc (Example, PSU AoTI).

Now PSUJP is really far ahead of PSU 360. Why? Because SEGA decided to change the payment system and a bunch of other systems. Stuff that is hard to change on a game for consoles. So now PSU 360 is missing months worth of content. Would you really want that to happen with PSO2?

I'm not saying I don't want consoles. I'd love for this game to come out on consoles. Then it'd be really accessible for everyone. PSO isn't some secret club for fans only. So it would be great if more people played.

Just I can't see it happening.

Also, about split screen. Sorry, but gaming has changed a lot and the industry is shifting away from this. I think Portal 2 is the most recent game to have split screen, but it isn't around a lot. Most people prefer to play online. It looks like SEGA is going full online experience with this game, so much that I can't even see them making an Offline Story Mode. So the possibility of split-screen is slim to none. If somehow it is included, I would be overjoyed. But like this game appearing on consoles, I can't see it happening.

Well the problem with the content on 360 is really sega's own fault. (See DCUO as a game that while on PS3 and PC, gets the same updates and content at the same time)

Also you want to know why PSU was held back becuase of the PS2? They released it on a generation old console when the ps3 was out.

Had PSU been made for PS3, 360, and PC, trust me it would be in far far better condition.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 25, 2011, 06:48 PM
Well the problem with the content on 360 is really sega's own fault. (See DCUO as a game that while on PS3 and PC, gets the same updates and content at the same time)Apples and oranges. Sony isn't Microsoft.

But yeah, PC only is best.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
Apples and oranges. Sony isn't Microsoft.

But yeah, PC only is best.

But if you say that Sony isn't Microsoft, why would it be bad then to release then on PS3 at least?

And no PC isn't the best. Thats purely subjective since like said before and stressed many times: DCUO which unlike PSO2, isn't heavily instanced.

eclipsXe
Apr 25, 2011, 06:57 PM
But if you say that Sony isn't Microsoft, why would it be bad then to release then on PS3 at least?

And no PC isn't the best. Thats purely subjective since like said before and stressed many times: DCUO which unlike PSO2, isn't heavily instanced.

This is pretty much what I'm saying, right now there is no bad reason for PSO2 not to come out for PS3 now 360 yeah I'll fight with you all day, but until I find a reason that somehow the game will just KILL PSO2 or it just simply cannot happen, I'm against it being a PC only game.

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2011, 06:58 PM
I enjoy Black Ops, therefore I am a "simple-minded fucktards that are currently stagnating the genre and stealing market share away from other games," Thanks insulting me will really help your arguement.

Oh look, a sci-fi game were I fight monsters!
That's NEVER been done before!

Your whole post implys that Phantasy Star Online is innovated (which is online aspect for consoles was really only part of it) and so though provoking.

It doesn't even matter, Black Ops sold a lot, that means Console gaming isn't dying.

Also many games on Consoles still sell millions, not as much as BLOPs but still millions.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult you directly. I'm just sick of seeing nothing but uninspired shooters dominating this gen and online communities of 12-year-olds screaming at each other...

But yeah, JRPG's haven't really evolved that much either, sadly. I get a lot more replay value and enjoyment and a lot less stress out of them, though. :razz:

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 07:09 PM
This is pretty much what I'm saying, right now there is no bad reason for PSO2 not to come out for PS3 now 360 yeah I'll fight with you all day, but until I find a reason that somehow the game will just KILL PSO2 or it just simply cannot happen, I'm against it being a PC only game.If they can somehow cross server us and make it Global for PS3,that would be heaven.I'm not against that,but if they spilt us up,give us shitty updates,then hell no.I cant trust SoA to do their job right,and having it on console's would just fuck everything up and make thing's like updates complicated.Not saying that will happen,but it's a HIGH chance it will happen.E3 this year will put our minds at ease or cause us to BAW so loud it'll split SEGA in two.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 07:13 PM
I was thinking about that,But if they're cool like DCUO they can support PC and Ps3 with updates =D

Zarode
Apr 25, 2011, 07:19 PM
I was thinking about that,But if they're cool like DCUO they can support PC and Ps3 with updates =D

Who cares. Let it release on the PC first where they can iron out the bugs and general mechanics before it hits a console with 512MB of RAM...

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 07:20 PM
Well the reason why ps3 games can pull off good crap is from their virtual memory.The ps3 has the Power cells,and PSO2 needs about 512 ram for a console game,because PC and console gaming is a HUUUGGEE difference,plus you got to think of the operating system and etc

eclipsXe
Apr 25, 2011, 07:23 PM
If they can somehow cross server us and make it Global for PS3,that would be heaven.I'm not against that,but if they spilt us up,give us shitty updates,then hell no.I cant trust SoA to do their job right,and having it on console's would just fuck everything up and make thing's like updates complicated.Not saying that will happen,but it's a HIGH chance it will happen.E3 this year will put our minds at ease or cause us to BAW so loud it'll split SEGA in two.

Yeah let's just wait and see what happens, we can state why this and why that all day but it's up to Sega, Sony, and Microsoft to decide what happens then the time after will decide if they did the right thing or not.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 25, 2011, 07:25 PM
Thought PSO was born on consoles (dreamcast) and then moved on to GC and Xbox, I would like to have it as a PC title only...

I mean sure it's easy for me to say this since I own a gaming PC, but I would much rather have Sega concentrate on one platform than all 3 of them. Plus the whole community can be in one big place other than in 3 seperate areas.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 07:26 PM
They need to just merge PC and consoles..Pull a portal 2 I might add

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah let's just wait and see what happens, we can state why this and why that all day but it's up to Sega, Sony, and Microsoft to decide what happens then the time after will decide if they did the right thing or not.

I just hope history doesnt repeat itself.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 07:28 PM
It's a good game either way,just give me something to kill,add missions and rares,dlc items and we are good

eclipsXe
Apr 25, 2011, 07:31 PM
I just hope history doesnt repeat itself.

I believe they can make it work easily, but you never know

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 07:33 PM
A good game with shitty service,and PSU,a whole year behind?? I didnt know it took that much to skill to be that bad.I dont even play the game and it irrates me,but hopefully they've learned their lesson. (and now I'm done ranting.)

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 07:33 PM
Who cares. Let it release on the PC first where they can iron out the bugs and general mechanics before it hits a console with 512MB of RAM...

If by the 512MB of RAM, if you're refering to if they can handle the graphics, PSO2 even from alpha (honeslty graphics from alpha don't change much), the ps3 could handle them. Since they don't even touch Uncharted 2.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 07:42 PM
IF they could make a sonic game that sold millions after their failed sonic games for the past 6 years...I am pretty sure they got this

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
With PSO2, Sakai wants you to feel “surprised” and a sense of “discovery” just like you did when you initially played PSO. As you all know, PSO2 is still for PC, it is a platform they chose for its high flexibility. As for trying to get as many people to play as for, so far we know this isn’t a game where you absolutely need to buy a new PC to play.

Taken from a blog.http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-minor-website-update/ So yeah,all I'm saying is just saying dont get your hopes up for a console version.

Korten12
Apr 25, 2011, 08:11 PM
With PSO2, Sakai wants you to feel “surprised” and a sense of “discovery” just like you did when you initially played PSO. As you all know, PSO2 is still for PC, it is a platform they chose for its high flexibility. As for trying to get as many people to play as for, so far we know this isn’t a game where you absolutely need to buy a new PC to play.

Taken from a blog.http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-minor-website-update/ So yeah,all I'm saying is just saying dont get your hopes up for a console version.

But have they even explained what the high flxibility is yet? So far what we know, nothing they mentioned as features is PC only possible.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 08:18 PM
Until they confirm it will NOT come out for consoles there is hope.

Let's take this quote which was my quote for example.

Corey Blue
Apr 25, 2011, 08:48 PM
But have they even explained what the high flxibility is yet? So far what we know, nothing they mentioned as features is PC only possible.

Look at PSU.The PS2 have limitation's,and believe me ALL consoles have limitation's too,I'm just not sure if it will come out or not,but just dont get your hopes up.We'll find out everything at E3. (now I'm done.) (also dont get me wrong I'm not against PS3 or Xbox owners,I just dont want this game servers to suffer because of consoles.)

HyperShot-X-
Apr 25, 2011, 09:57 PM
personally I don't care how far behind console ports will be if ever, 6 months or even 1 year behind, as long as all versions play on the same GLOBAL SERVER and gets the same content updates. I can wait if I have to.

Zarode
Apr 25, 2011, 09:59 PM
If by the 512MB of RAM, if you're refering to if they can handle the graphics, PSO2 even from alpha (honeslty graphics from alpha don't change much), the ps3 could handle them. Since they don't even touch Uncharted 2.

There is more going on then graphics when it comes to RAM, and it's pretty sad that the vRAM on the system can be accessed like it can be on the PS3.

personally I don't care how far behind console ports will be if ever, 6 months or even 1 year behind, as long as all versions play on the same GLOBAL SERVER and gets the same content updates. I can wait if I have to.

I care! If we are gonna all be on the same servers, I don't wanna know that my updates are being held back because of companies who need more money to shove up their asshole.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 10:02 PM
My only qualm about a console version is that there probably will be separate servers from the PC version and other consoles.

That and button mashing.

-Wayu

Zarode
Apr 25, 2011, 10:04 PM
PC will probably have button mashing, also. I mean, I've been able to use my controller on all the PC PSO's/PSU's so far. vOv Hope it stays that way. I like the hotbar in PSOBB, but I rarely use it.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 10:06 PM
PC will probably have button mashing, also.

Point taken.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Apr 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
^

Especially the way the gameplay appears to be.

Zarode
Apr 25, 2011, 10:10 PM
Point taken.

-Wayu

Good chance they will use the timed attacks in the game, so button mashing will be frowned upon, so no worries.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 10:20 PM
Just Attacks, you mean? I do hope they keep that.

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 10:37 PM
I like timed attacks but after playing PSU and having the option of either using timed or not(even though I used timed more) I really think they should keep it that way

GreenArcher
Apr 25, 2011, 10:59 PM
Just Attacks, you mean? I do hope they keep that.

-Wayu

No, timed attacks. Attacking in x hit combos will require precise timing, or you will revert back to the beginning of the combo. In PSO if you mash the attack button you'll only get your first hit out.

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 11:36 PM
the "combos" in PSO eventually became muscle memory, i never even noticed doing them after a while.

But it does let you feel the hit alot better than just mashing the button.

Itoshi
Apr 25, 2011, 11:42 PM
the "combos" in PSO eventually became muscle memory, i never even noticed doing them after a while.

But it does let you feel the hit alot better than just mashing the button.

Agreed. I don't know why, but it feels like my hits actual connect.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 25, 2011, 11:45 PM
I care! If we are gonna all be on the same servers, I don't wanna know that my updates are being held back because of companies who need more money to shove up their asshole.
assuming that you will be on pc, there's no reason for them to hold back any updates for you as console players will be getting the bulk of content updates released prior to console version release, and Sega is no different from any one of those 'companies'.

MadDogg
Apr 26, 2011, 03:12 AM
I'm hoping for a 360 version myself. I have said it before, if sega wants this game to sell stateside, they are going to want to go for the people that had nostalgia for PSO, and every time nostalgia for PSO comes up, people will either bring up the dreamcast version or the cube' version.

The u.s. version of phantasy star online blue burst proves that the whole "well if this game was exclusive to PC, then they can concentrate on updating the game" thing is a load of bull shit, all that matters is if the servers are universally linked. Final fantasy 11 proved that is is possible for all servers to be linked, and even if they weren't, a PS3 version will be just as good as a 360 version......all I know is that I am definitely not feeling a PC only version of PSO again.

Aleph_0
Apr 26, 2011, 03:25 AM
I've been playing the Phantasy Star franchise since PSO on Dreamcast. I then played it on the Gamecube and original XBox. I still play PSU on the 360 but am sincerely hoping to begin a new adventure with PSO2. I grew up playing this game on consoles, and although I have nothing against PC gaming, it would be a major strike to my nostalgia if I were unable to continue playing it on a console.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 26, 2011, 03:51 AM
From the screenshots released thus far I can't see this requiring a very powerful PC to run, so the console gamers shouldn't worry as I'm sure their home PC should be able to handle it, provided it is a well optomised game, which if released on one format it is more likely to be. However it is sega's choice at the end of the day. Sure PC format might limit sales if people let it become such an issue that they've got to buy a PC title and not a console one, if you let that be such a hinderance then where on earth do your priorities lie? There are numerous benefits too having a PC only release.

If people accept their decision sooner then they can have more time to look forward to the game (and save up for a mediocre PC is needs be), rather than bitch about the what if's. PC is home to MMORPG's that is a fact, so why not have PSO2 go to PC? So what if most previous titles came from consoles, life goes on? PS series was never handheld then they brought it to 2 handheld consoles within the space of a year, wow evolution, let's not kick up a fuss.

The main issues here seems to be jealousy, heck try being a PC gamer and realising we get the short end of the stick on so many releases as game designers huddle round consoles like a schoolboy at a priests convention. Just take it as red, no console release, and if later on they say console release too then you've got a reason to be very very happy, and if not, well you'll find a use for your PC other than surfing the net and listening to music :-?

Tifa

Wayu
Apr 26, 2011, 04:13 AM
It's still in alpha testing stages. The graphics will likely be kicked up a couple notches.

-Wayu

ChronoTrigga
Apr 26, 2011, 04:25 AM
PSU was great on the ps2.PS3 would be harder to hack online (seeing as sony is revamping online anyway)

I disagree, it suffered from horrible framerate lag, just like the 360 version still does. PC version was the best aside from the rampant economy rape due to hackers.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 06:19 AM
It's still in alpha testing stages. The graphics will likely be kicked up a couple notches.

-Wayu

Not by too much. Most alpha graphics are close to the final, they never change much. (unless you get a situation like with Guild Wars were they got a new artist to change the style)

Wayu
Apr 26, 2011, 06:32 AM
Well, it's not like we're going to get Black Ops or Anno 1404 graphics...

-Wayu

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 26, 2011, 06:35 AM
Well...asides from Duke Nukem Forever, goodness knows how many GFX engines they got through :P

Tifa

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 06:35 AM
I dunno why people are making a big deal about this. I still have PSO and v2 for DC I still have ep 1&2 for GCN, I play on the PSOBB private servers, I played PSU and AoI (on PS2 AND PC) til they shut down the US servers. I have PSP, PSP2 and PSP2i. I even have PS Zero. You know what I said when I saw it was PC only? "THANK GOD".

I have a gaming computer, a PS3, a Wii, a PSP and a DS. I'm far from being anti console and I still want this game to be PC only. The reasons are out there, they don't need to be listed and you guys need to get over yourselves, whining about nostalgia like that holds any meaning in video games today. They'll keep what works and ditch what doesn't. By your logic the game should still be on DC. Better yet, the first PS game was on master system, maybe they never should have migrated to megadrive.

The game will be served better and serve us better on PC. If you want it on PS3, don't your breath.

...On second thought: hold your breath, please.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2011, 07:17 AM
Well, it's not like we're going to get Black Ops or Anno 1404 graphics...Black Ops looks kind of shit, to be honest. Never heard of the other game.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 07:28 AM
I dunno why people are making a big deal about this. I still have PSO and v2 for DC I still have ep 1&2 for GCN, I play on the PSOBB private servers, I played PSU and AoI (on PS2 AND PC) til they shut down the US servers. I have PSP, PSP2 and PSP2i. I even have PS Zero. You know what I said when I saw it was PC only? "THANK GOD".

I have a gaming computer, a PS3, a Wii, a PSP and a DS. I'm far from being anti console and I still want this game to be PC only. The reasons are out there, they don't need to be listed and you guys need to get over yourselves, whining about nostalgia like that holds any meaning in video games today. They'll keep what works and ditch what doesn't. By your logic the game should still be on DC. Better yet, the first PS game was on master system, maybe they never should have migrated to megadrive.

The game will be served better and serve us better on PC. If you want it on PS3, don't your breath.

...On second thought: hold your breath, please.

Still no one has listed the reasons for it to stay PC only, I have looked around and couldn't find them. Saying that they're listed about is a cop out.

Itoshi
Apr 26, 2011, 08:03 AM
Still no one has listed the reasons for it to stay PC only, I have looked around and couldn't find them. Saying that they're listed about is a cop out.

Wanting properly updated content is a cop out?

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 08:21 AM
Wanting properly updated content is a cop out?

Who says the PS3 can't handle properly updated content? o.O

Itoshi
Apr 26, 2011, 08:26 AM
Who says the PS3 can't handle properly updated content? o.O

Even if it can, who knows what kind of changes we're gonna have down the road. PSU has been going through some serious changes lately and the PC version is the only one that has been able to keep up. So if for some reason some game mechanics need to be changed or something (we have no idea if this is going to happen) it would be close to impossible to change them.

Wayu
Apr 26, 2011, 08:32 AM
Black Ops looks kind of shit, to be honest. Never heard of the other game.

Have you played Black Ops?

Anno 1404 is a RTS game like Age of Empires and the such. I don't know much about it either other than that it has absurd levels of graphic detail.

-Wayu

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 08:34 AM
Even if it can, who knows what kind of changes we're gonna have down the road. PSU has been going through some serious changes lately and the PC version is the only one that has been able to keep up. So if for some reason some game mechanics need to be changed or something (we have no idea if this is going to happen) it would be close to impossible to change them.

Now if you look like at the only MMO on PS3 right now, they get the same content as the PC server at the same time, if Sega wanted to they could do it just as easy, especially since PSO isn't really an MMO. That and really PC is the only version on PSU that is moving because the other console that is still up is 360, and you know how Microsoft is ;)

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 26, 2011, 08:40 AM
Two i can think off hand are:

SEGA wouldn't loose money having to pay Playstation and Microsoft to have their game online on their servers. I also hear it hindered updates (no idea how but yeah..)

Better GFX, although I doubt PSO2 is going to be some behemoth using advanced phsyx and tesselation etc.

Other benefits such as modding do not apply in this case since it's an MMORPG. I heard a heck of a lot of comments regarding PSO2 on the net people hoping it wouldn't have a subscription, how so many people can be so retarded is beyond me. MMORPG = subscription. Yes, there are exceptions but these tend to be old games or very rare games which tend not to have the longevity to them that MMORPG's do (reliant on having no definitive ending)

But I don't see the need for the huge outrage, you can use a PC to game, and hopefully soon they'll release required specs, I know for a fact this game will not be too taxing at all. Probably a mid level dual core, 2GB of ram and a 512 MB graphics card for minimum requirements. If your PC doesn't have this hardware then its probably one of those beige grey beasts that yellows in the sunlight....

In all honesty to play this thing on max you probably won't need anything special, depending on optomization. But considering this is an MMORPG optomization is key as not everyone will be expected to have some Crysis eating space computer.

Tifa

Kaleb
Apr 26, 2011, 09:18 AM
If it gets released for 360, servers will be split -- we see it all the time.

If the game comes out on PS3 -- we will see PS3 and PC playing on the same servers(once again, we see this alot).

For those of you whining -- yes the PS2 DID hold PSU back -- Sony's killing of HDD support literally made SEGA unable to make major updates to the game -- which they were originally counting on doing from what I gather.

I have a PS3 and a PC -- if PSO2 comes out on both and play on the same servers, I will own both. If it only comes out on PC -- no skin off my back -- at the end of the day there are ways to ensure your PC can run it; just means you stop spending your money on frivolous shit.

Though I do agree a controller interface would be fun -- can't argue that one -- action RPGs are generally more fun with controllers.

Wayu
Apr 26, 2011, 09:25 AM
If it DOES come out on a console I think the PS3 is the best bet.

-Wayu

MadDogg
Apr 26, 2011, 09:26 AM

Exactly, and like I said a billion times, phantasy star online blue burst already went down the "PC only" path, and that thing was a failure of epic proportions, cheating and how sega ran the game (and being PC only is supposed to magically make this better.......again).

These days.....lets not kid ourselves here, I can see phantasy star online 2 doing ok in japan with a PC only version, but stateside, this niche game is going to get crushed by the likes of diablo 3 and all the other competition on the PC. Compare the comp. on the PC to the likes of the 360, PS3 and Wii......with each of these consoles having a whopping 1 or 2 current active online rpgs (sacred 2 for 360 and PS3, monster hunter tri for Wii, and PSU for 360).....its kind of a no brainer on where they would release this game if they were smart, even a Wii version would be a better idea than straight up PC only.

There is also some proof this game can thrive on consoles, I mean look at phantasy star universe for 360......thing is like what, 2 years behind in content compared to japan, slow down up the ass, and yet this game still to this day has a healthy population since 2006.....console gamers are frigging starved for another quality online rpg, lmao. (Where I'm going with this is that if people are willing to pay to play the crap that is PSU 360, then gamers would be all over a console phantasy star online 2 like white on rice, especially if the servers are actually linked and the updates keep coming).

Wayu
Apr 26, 2011, 10:04 AM
PCs are generally accepted as the MMO machine nowadays. Consoles are more for sports, single-player RPGs, and FPS games in my generation's eyes.

-Wayu

blace
Apr 26, 2011, 10:44 AM
From what I can remember during my high school days, there was talk about PSO and PSU when they announced them on consoles. When PSO:BB and the PC version of PSU was brought up, people just passed them off like it's non existent.

Generally out here most people I know and talked with would rather see the game return to its console roots, while a few others would love to see it on PC. I'm all for either PC or console now since my cousin helped build this rig, but I'm aiming more towards console for old times sake.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 26, 2011, 11:00 AM
That's the only thing going for it as a console port. Fill in that nostalgia PSO fans so desperately yearn. That and a wider sales audience.

Although those facts are shadowed by both PC's power and unlimited potential when it comes to the game's content and updates.

Corey Blue
Apr 26, 2011, 11:58 AM
People gotta accept that fact that the golden days are over.Cool Blue lv 180 2002-2003 Xbox and Gamecube was the best PSO experience EVER.Me and my cousins played the shit out of that game,and online was a blast.I rather see this on PC now though,because let's face it,it's not back in the day anymore.It could do good on console's but I just don't see them doing it again.(Unless it's PS3) Plus with console's we might separated and the shit will hit the fan.:barf: (and alot of games now dont do that split screen shit anymore,and I highly doubt SEGA will do it again.) NOW THIS IS WHAT COULD HAPPEN: Console's=Separated servers,PSU treatment. Pc's=regional servers,no PSU treatment.A YEAR behind,I still cant get over that lmfao.

Nagidar
Apr 26, 2011, 12:01 PM
I see only a couple of reasons it will stay PC only:

1. System requirements. (Although they can down grade for a console version if they wanted to)
2. Cross platform networking, it's easier to run an MMO through ONE network rather than through 2+.
3. Cost, it's cheaper to develop a game on PC than on the consoles and if the game fails and they cannot make up the costs from the console, they will be in the red on the game, a big no-no for a business. However, if the game is successful on PC, there is a good chance of a Console port.

Corey Blue
Apr 26, 2011, 12:12 PM

1. System requirements. (Although they can down grade for a console version if they wanted to)
2. Cross platform networking, it's easier to run an MMO through ONE network rather than through 2+.
3. Cost, it's cheaper to develop a game on PC than on the consoles and if the game fails and they cannot make up the costs from the console, they will be in the red on the game, a big no-no for a business. However, if the game is successful on PC, there is a good chance of a Console port.

I could see this happening.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 26, 2011, 12:30 PM
Hmm, also I think that since this game will be released at some point in 2012 no doubt rumours of Sony and Microsofts next console will start popping up by this point in time. Thus this will lead to the decline in console sales. Now Sega can't sit on their hands for the next gen of consoles to be released. But I don't think Sega would wanna put it on a console this old when in all honesty it's time will be up within a few more years. When you consider the curent evidence that this'll be on one format and one server, the longevity of the game will be much much higher than cross platformed, different server mess that we got with PSU where the EU/US side for PC/PS2 were short changed :( I see this PC only as a benefit to the game servers operational length :)

Tifa

Zaix
Apr 26, 2011, 12:43 PM
They were advertising community content for this...that may mean mod friendly (to a limited degree)...that kind of stuff is rather convenient on a pc

Nagidar
Apr 26, 2011, 12:55 PM
They were advertising community content for this...that may mean mod friendly (to a limited degree)...that kind of stuff is rather convenient on a pc

That...would..be..AWESOME! I'm sure it will go something like this:

Player makes content > Player submits content to SEGA > SEGA decides if they want to put content in the game.

Seriously, that would open up a whole new way of playing an Online RPG.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
PSOBBYou realize that the Japanese server for BB shut down only this year, right? It outlasted the US PC PSU server. PSOBB was a success in Japan, which is the only audience SEGA really gives a shit about.

The US PSOBB server had tons of problems, yes, but they had nothing to do with the platform and everything to do with awful management and support. It would have fared no better had it been console exclusive.

On the other hand, it was by far the best version of PSO.

r00tabaga
Apr 26, 2011, 01:30 PM
On the other hand, it was by far the best version of PSO.

Definately.
It also had quite a few legit players but all it takes is a few bad seeds to ruin what was a very deep PSO game. I liked the fact that on their private server, you could re-skin your armor, weapons & even monsters! It would be awesome if PSO2 allowed us to customize in this way.

Corey Blue
Apr 26, 2011, 01:32 PM
Hmm, also I think that since this game will be released at some point in 2012 no doubt rumours of Sony and Microsofts next console will start popping up by this point in time. Thus this will lead to the decline in console sales. Now Sega can't sit on their hands for the next gen of consoles to be released. But I don't think Sega would wanna put it on a console this old when in all honesty it's time will be up within a few more years. When you consider the curent evidence that this'll be on one format and one server, the longevity of the game will be much much higher than cross platformed, different server mess that we got with PSU where the EU/US side for PC/PS2 were short changed :( I see this PC only as a benefit to the game servers operational length :)

Tifa

Yup in a year or two the new console's are going to start rolling out,PS4 and Xbox whatever the fuck.So yeah it would be a bad move to for SEGA to put it on console's this time around.SEGA wants a never ending adventure,better put it on PC then. (I'm off to play some psobb.)

Tetsaru
Apr 26, 2011, 01:42 PM

That...would..be..AWESOME! I'm sure it will go something like this:

Player makes content > Player submits content to SEGA > SEGA decides if they want to put content in the game.

Seriously, that would open up a whole new way of playing an Online RPG.

Hmm, wasn't PSP2I supposed to have some sort of "customizable mission" feature or something? Could've sworn I read that somewhere... Maybe that's what they mean, which would be pretty cool. Or some sort of "create-a-dungeon" feature that you could post online for other people to play! That'd be sweet. :D I think FF11 had something like that, but I didn't play long enough to look into how it worked.

Nagidar
Apr 26, 2011, 01:46 PM
Hmm, wasn't PSP2I supposed to have some sort of "customizable mission" feature or something? Could've sworn I read that somewhere... Maybe that's what they mean, which would be pretty cool. Or some sort of "create-a-dungeon" feature that you could post online for other people to play! That'd be sweet. :D I think FF11 had something like that, but I didn't play long enough to look into how it worked.

No, FFXI didn't do that, at all, I played FFXI for 5 years.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
Yup in a year or two the new console's are going to start rolling out,PS4 and Xbox whatever the fuck.So yeah it would be a bad move to for SEGA to put it on console's this time around.SEGA wants a never ending adventure,better put it on PC then. (I'm off to play some psobb.)

That's not a real reason to not make an MMO on a console, DCUO is planning to at least keep their game up for 10 years. The only real problem as of right now of putting it on PS3 is the current state PSN is right now =/. Either way arguing about if it stays an PC exclusive or not won't change the outcome so we should all just let this drop and pray that no matter what Sega decides PSO2 will actually turn out to be a great game.

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 01:49 PM
On chance of console release: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-minor-website-update/

PSO2 faces many challenges and one of the challenges is to focus on those who don’t play PC games. More challenges will be revealed in the future.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 26, 2011, 01:49 PM

Infinity Missions, yes. It allowed you to choose through fusions what type of enemies, what field, what boss, and what special attributes like EXP bonus or Higher drop rate you wanted in a mission.

I would like to see something like this return, and of course get tuned with more features that PSO2 will deliver.

Tetsaru
Apr 26, 2011, 02:10 PM
No, FFXI didn't do that, at all, I played FFXI for 5 years.

Hmm, then what was Moblin Maze Mongers (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moblin_Maze_Mongers) all about?

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 02:14 PM

Not wanting to rehash the same arguments over and over is a copout?

Tell you what. Think really hard about it and if you still can't figure it out I'll help you.

Here are some clues though:

Time

Money

Staff

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 02:50 PM
Not wanting to rehash the same arguments over and over is a copout?

Tell you what. Think really hard about it and if you still can't figure it out I'll help you.

Here are some clues though:

Time

Money

Staff

Still doesn't mean jack imo, people are looking for jobs, (BAM STAFF), they were looking for workers anyways with console experience. They make a living making video games,(BAM TIME) I'm pretty sure they can find the time. Adding it to a console could equal up to more money this is just something you can't really judge until after a decision is made and after the product is out (BAM MONEY?).

Like I said earlier we just have to wait until the game actually comes out to see if Sega makes the right choice or not. Even though I hope it comes out on consoles(PS3) I'll probably still get it if it is a PC exclusive. So I'll get to play with all you guys :D

Akaimizu
Apr 26, 2011, 02:59 PM
Funny enough, I think a lot of people felt that way when their first Phantasy Star experience was the Gamecube version. Like quite a few excellent Dreamcast games, this is one reason the Dreamcast didn't do better. It had a good number of games that people just didn't know would be as good as they are and they skipped it as something they weren't interested in.

The problem and the risk with igniting some new awesome franchises, time and time again, is the lack of monetary success in the market. Sad but true, but milking series is the real money maker.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 03:11 PM

As you can see by the screenshots, the graphics wouldn't need to be downgraded at all.

Hm... This is sort of true, but you don't need to run PS3 online through PSN. Like Portal 2's online (while of course uses PSN, but not mainly), you can play with PC players and PS3 players from around the world through steam.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 03:17 PM
As you can see by the screenshots, the graphics wouldn't need to be downgraded at all.

Hm... This is sort of true, but you don't need to run PS3 online through PSN. Like Portal 2's online (while of course uses PSN, but not mainly), you can play with PC players and PS3 players from around the world through steam.

Yeah Metal Gear Solid 4 also used their own servers online, I was wondering ever since PSN went down if you could still play even though PSN was down could you still get online and play. but I been too lazy to search it up or trying it myself.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah Metal Gear Solid 4 also used their own servers online, I was wondering ever since PSN went down if you could still play even though PSN was down could you still get online and play. but I been too lazy to search it up or trying it myself.

You still need PSN, even though it doesn't use PSN. It's kind of wierd.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 03:37 PM
Laaaaaame, I wonder if it's possible to absolutely not have to connect to PSN on an online game for PS3.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 03:40 PM
Funny enough, I think a lot of people felt that way when their first Phantasy Star experience was the Gamecube version. Like quite a few excellent Dreamcast games, this is one reason the Dreamcast didn't do better. It had a good number of games that people just didn't know would be as good as they are and they skipped it as something they weren't interested in.

The problem and the risk with igniting some new awesome franchises, time and time again, is the lack of monetary success in the market. Sad but true, but milking series is the real money maker.

I blame them releasing it during the ps2 week

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 04:35 PM
Still doesn't mean jack imo, people are looking for jobs, (BAM STAFF), they were looking for workers anyways with console experience. They make a living making video games,(BAM TIME) I'm pretty sure they can find the time. Adding it to a console could equal up to more money this is just something you can't really judge until after a decision is made and after the product is out (BAM MONEY?).

Like I said earlier we just have to wait until the game actually comes out to see if Sega makes the right choice or not. Even though I hope it comes out on consoles(PS3) I'll probably still get it if it is a PC exclusive. So I'll get to play with all you guys :D

"bam staff?" you hire a bunch of retarded fans who only give a shit for two months til they realize they actually have to work? Do you realize that problems with staff isn't just "we don't have enough"? You clearly don't understand that hiring capable people that they can rely on to dev and code and debug new content isn't something that they can just go in front of home depot, wave em over and put em in the back of a truck for.

Coding for the PS3 is not as easy as it is to code for the PC. You need experienced people who can work and test quickly, especially since they have to get approvals from Sony. Moreso when it has to be localized for the US and EU. just look at how hard it was for us to get content for PS2/PC/360 on PSU. There was a backlog of content so long that today if the US servers were still up we still wouldn't have everything we were "supposed" to get by the time the servers went down.

Do you honestly think that they'll continue support for the P33 a year after the ps4 comes out? the first major assumption here is that when a PS4 comes out, it will have backwards compatibility. PS3 was supposed to be able to play PS2 games and in the end only the first couple generations offered that feature before it was quickly phased out. lets say they intend to have this game run for a minimum of 3-4 years(looking at BB, probably longer than that): sony will have dropped support for the PS3 and most console gamers will have moved on, meaning all their investment into the platform will produce diminishing returns til they end up dropping support anyway. why go through all that?

PS3 is the only console that could hope to see a release. Do you think they're going to offer support and servers for a console that's primarily American when it too will go the way of the way of the dodo in 2 years?

Bottom line: X platforms = X development teams. That means more money that could be spent on the development for one platform. That means more time, coordinating, hiring, testing, etc well after release. Even if you could get good staff...YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM!! Which also means more money that they likely won't ever fully recover just in the process of porting this shit over since they'll inevitably be dropping console support before the end of the game's lifespan.

Just deal with it. You don't even need a powerful computer to run it. I was a mac user and built a PC this year cause I knew this was coming and wanted to be able to play games that didn't require sony and MS's seals of approval to run. I have a nice 32" 1080p TV, my video card has HDMI out and I can route the sound and picture to the TV, or use my 24" monitor and I have drivers that allow me to use my PS3 pads on my PC through bluetooth, which is built into my motherboard or USB, which conveniently charges the pads. Know what else? I can run PS2 games on it. as well as PSX, DC, SNES, NES, GBA, SMS, SMD, Saturn...etc as well as doujin games like vanguard princess and many others. My PS3 can't do that without jailbreaking and even then it wouldn't do it as well. My point: you dont need a console to have your arbitrary "console experience"

If your computer has an onboard GPU, you can get a 500 watt PSU and an HD6850 video card for well under 300 dollars US. that's more than enough to run this game and many others, and less than a console.

btw the "right choice" isn't based on what you want. The "right choice" is a mix of what's good for the company and what's good for the gamer and in the end it will always favor the company. Again, by your logic, the game should be on PSP and DS so I can play it at starbucks, and on PS2 since not everyone can afford a PS3, and on Sega Dreamcast since the "O" part of the PS series started there, but since the DC had a dial up modem and most people have broadband now, they should include a DC BBA with every DC copy of the game, or streamline the entire game to run seamlessly with dialup since they no longer have a hardware division.

Console gaming is far from dead, but look at it objectively. This is simply the better way to go.

SephirothXer0
Apr 26, 2011, 04:49 PM
^^ Damn, you didn't have to smoke him like THAT lol

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 05:03 PM
snip

We don't even know when the PS4 is coming out, so bringing it into the equation makes you seem like you are scraping the bottum of the bucket.

By your logic, why should any more games come out on PS3 if the PS4 is right around the corner? (Which it hasn't even been confirmed yet...)

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 05:13 PM
We don't even know when the PS4 is coming out, so bringing it into the equation makes you seem like you are scraping the bottum of the bucket.

By your logic, why should any more games come out on PS3 if the PS4 is right around the corner? (Which it hasn't even been confirmed yet...)

If I remember anything about the 3DS...maybe this isn't the same scenario...

But game developers were working on games BEFORE the system was announced. :0

But why even bring up PS4 to begin with...*not even gonna bother reading back a page*

Zaix
Apr 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
The ps3 and 360 are to last 10 years supposedly... its been about 4.5 years for the ps3

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 05:18 PM

Do all those games have a high life expectancy like PSO2 undoubtedly will?

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 06:11 PM

Starfox already said it, but I'll reiterate: this game, if psoBB is any indicator will be around for 8 years. you expect them to continue support for PS3 that whole time? are you high?

and since you don't seem to understand how product cycles work, consoles get cycled out to be replaced with updated technology. existing consoles are replaced on average every 5 years or so.

For example: PSX hit japan in 1994 PS2 hit japan in 2000, PS3 in 2006. that's every 6 years.

lets do some math: 2006+6 = ? Guess what's due in 2012? if you need help, it starts with PS and ends in 4. we're at the end of a product cycle and a game that is expected to last as long as PSOBB is coming out. you want them to support a console that will be legally dead before the game has gone through a quarter of its lifespan? I think you need a reality check.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 06:29 PM
Ps4 is in development but they probably need more time to modify alot of things,plus they are working on the NGP

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 06:38 PM
To bring this game to consoles would be a bad choice.

No matter how you cut it, the game would suffer. 360 has no mandatory hard drive, Xbox Live is a closed network. Developers are stuck on 720p/30fps. As mentioned before, only the PS3 would be the logical choice to port to, and not by much.

Corey Blue
Apr 26, 2011, 06:40 PM
Starfox already said it, but I'll reiterate: this game, if psoBB is any indicator will be around for 8 years. you expect them to continue support for PS3 that whole time? are you high?

and since you don't seem to understand how product cycles work, consoles get cycled out to be replaced with updated technology. existing consoles are replaced on average every 5 years or so.

For example: PSX hit japan in 1994 PS2 hit japan in 2000, PS3 in 2006. that's every 6 years.

lets do some math: 2006+6 = ? Guess what's due in 2012? if you need help, it starts with PS and ends in 4. we're at the end of a product cycle and a game that is expected to last as long as PSOBB is coming out. you want them to support a console that will be legally dead before the game has gone through a quarter of its lifespan? I think you need a reality check.
I don't know what people are thinking these day's.

ShinMaruku
Apr 26, 2011, 06:41 PM
Never say Never. These devs lie through their teeth many times. :P

Tetsaru
Apr 26, 2011, 06:44 PM
If they do release PSO2 for multiple consoles, I just hope they don't split things up in a way that would be problematic. If PSU was released for PS3 instead of PS2, along with PC and 360 (or at least added hard drive support for the PS2), then I think there wouldn't have been as many issues with updates and content as there was.

If they decided to release PSO2 for PC, PS3, and Wii, for example, then obviously the Wii would hold things back, but if it was for PC, PS3, and 360, I wouldn't see as many issues, because a lot of games have been ported between those consoles.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 06:45 PM
They can't port to microsoft,even they said"Will no longer accept MMO's" from many sites.Plus with ps3 and it's harddrive,it will most likely.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 06:50 PM
I don't know what people are thinking these day's.

not sure what you're saying, but I'll assume you're agreeing.

Corey Blue
Apr 26, 2011, 06:56 PM
not sure what you're saying, but I'll assume you're agreeing.

Heh maybe I worded it wrong,but yeah I'm agreeing.

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 07:08 PM
If they do release PSO2 for multiple consoles, I just hope they don't split things up in a way that would be problematic. If PSU was released for PS3 instead of PS2, along with PC and 360 (or at least added hard drive support for the PS2), then I think there wouldn't have been as many issues with updates and content as there was.

If they decided to release PSO2 for PC, PS3, and Wii, for example, then obviously the Wii would hold things back, but if it was for PC, PS3, and 360, I wouldn't see as many issues, because a lot of games have been ported between those consoles.

360 would be problematic. As mentioned before, the lack of a hard drive with all systems, low disc storage, closed networks, and generally weaker system in general when compared to PC and PS3 would drag down the game just so it could be 'equal' on all three platforms. Also, Square Enix had to jump through hoops and bend over backwards just for Microsoft to allow them to charge a subscription for FFXI, on TOP of Xbox Live fees. PSU was a different story, but MS is very particular about who uses their infrastructure and for what. Wii is out of the question. You're better off hoping for a PSZ for Wii.

I do agree that Sega should've made PSU for PS3, but we have to remember the game was in development since early 2004, if not earlier. As for people talking about PS4, Sony lost billions this gen and has only recently began making a profit. They're not about to run headfirst into another moneysink. They'll stick with the PS3 for another 2-3 years, and the NGP connectivity with the PSP should extend it's life by at least a year. However, that doesn't mean it's a good idea to port PSO2 to the PS3.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 07:50 PM
"bam staff?" you hire a bunch of retarded fans who only give a shit for two months til they realize they actually have to work? Do you realize that problems with staff isn't just "we don't have enough"? You clearly don't understand that hiring capable people that they can rely on to dev and code and debug new content isn't something that they can just go in front of home depot, wave em over and put em in the back of a truck for.

Coding for the PS3 is not as easy as it is to code for the PC. You need experienced people who can work and test quickly, especially since they have to get approvals from Sony. Moreso when it has to be localized for the US and EU. just look at how hard it was for us to get content for PS2/PC/360 on PSU. There was a backlog of content so long that today if the US servers were still up we still wouldn't have everything we were "supposed" to get by the time the servers went down.

Do you honestly think that they'll continue support for the P33 a year after the ps4 comes out? the first major assumption here is that when a PS4 comes out, it will have backwards compatibility. PS3 was supposed to be able to play PS2 games and in the end only the first couple generations offered that feature before it was quickly phased out. lets say they intend to have this game run for a minimum of 3-4 years(looking at BB, probably longer than that): sony will have dropped support for the PS3 and most console gamers will have moved on, meaning all their investment into the platform will produce diminishing returns til they end up dropping support anyway. why go through all that?

PS3 is the only console that could hope to see a release. Do you think they're going to offer support and servers for a console that's primarily American when it too will go the way of the way of the dodo in 2 years?

Bottom line: X platforms = X development teams. That means more money that could be spent on the development for one platform. That means more time, coordinating, hiring, testing, etc well after release. Even if you could get good staff...YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM!! Which also means more money that they likely won't ever fully recover just in the process of porting this shit over since they'll inevitably be dropping console support before the end of the game's lifespan.

Just deal with it. You don't even need a powerful computer to run it. I was a mac user and built a PC this year cause I knew this was coming and wanted to be able to play games that didn't require sony and MS's seals of approval to run. I have a nice 32" 1080p TV, my video card has HDMI out and I can route the sound and picture to the TV, or use my 24" monitor and I have drivers that allow me to use my PS3 pads on my PC through bluetooth, which is built into my motherboard or USB, which conveniently charges the pads. Know what else? I can run PS2 games on it. as well as PSX, DC, SNES, NES, GBA, SMS, SMD, Saturn...etc as well as doujin games like vanguard princess and many others. My PS3 can't do that without jailbreaking and even then it wouldn't do it as well. My point: you dont need a console to have your arbitrary "console experience"

If your computer has an onboard GPU, you can get a 500 watt PSU and an HD6850 video card for well under 300 dollars US. that's more than enough to run this game and many others, and less than a console.

btw the "right choice" isn't based on what you want. The "right choice" is a mix of what's good for the company and what's good for the gamer and in the end it will always favor the company. Again, by your logic, the game should be on PSP and DS so I can play it at starbucks, and on PS2 since not everyone can afford a PS3, and on Sega Dreamcast since the "O" part of the PS series started there, but since the DC had a dial up modem and most people have broadband now, they should include a DC BBA with every DC copy of the game, or streamline the entire game to run seamlessly with dialup since they no longer have a hardware division.

Console gaming is far from dead, but look at it objectively. This is simply the better way to go.

AHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP let me get my reading glasses on for this, "SHISH IS GETTING REAL" 8-)

For the first paragraph I'm pretty sure Sega can find some programmers that actually know what they're doing, who want to work, I mean I'll do it just teach me how to do it XD, seriously I would love to learn.

For the second, if Dcuo can release content for PC and PS3 at the same time so can Sega. You guys need to stop comparing this to PSU, this is a whole new game and a whole new time period hopefully everybody learned from their mistakes and Sega makes the right choice this time.

The third, hell yeah I think they would if the game does well and how many people actualy get rid of their old systems, not many I still play my SNES, everybody I know still atleast has their N64 lol especially if PSO really turns out to be a great game people will stay on the PS3 for it.

And the 5th(YEAH I SKIPPED THE 4TH), these are things you just can't judge until the results come anything can happen, has a believer in an endless adventure this is something I also strongly believe in!

As for the rest, Like I said I'll most likely still get even if it is a PC exclusive I just rather it also come out for the PS3, what I mean by the "right choice" was hopefully whatever Sega decides, PC only or not, PSO2 flourishes in whatever path they chose and not end up like PSU.

BUT YEAH IT SHOULD COME OUT ON A HANDHELD SO I CAN PLAY WHENEVER AND RESURRECT THE DREAMCAST WITH THIS GAME WHILE YOUR AT, LONG LIVE SEEEEGGGGGAAAAA.

Sorry I'm just so excited about this game :D

*breathes heavily cuz he is out of breath* that ends my wall text reads and post for the next year

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah what he said^

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 08:06 PM
Did you just assume SOA will change in PSO2? When it's not even just PSU, but PSOBB support was minimal? (Never played online before PSOBB so I wouldn't know if it even goes further.)

Corey Blue
Apr 26, 2011, 08:15 PM
SoA are going to stay the same,so be prepared to be used and abused,but not me though I'm walking away again but this time,forever. (We better pray they unite the servers.) I don't know if Global Servers on that list of info in that first PSO 2 trailer actually meant united servers,but saying it means something like were getting the game is kinda stupid,because we know were getting it. Why would they have that in the video? I think we are getting Global Servers.I'll bite my tongue if we don't.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 08:29 PM
Did you just assume SOA will change in PSO2? When it's not even just PSU, but PSOBB support was minimal? (Never played online before PSOBB so I wouldn't know if it even goes further.)

Maybe SoJ will run the whole thing >.> do they even communicate! I'm going to run Sega, who is with me!?!?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2011, 08:31 PM
You guys need to stop comparing this to PSUYes, yes, let's not compare PSO2 to its predecessors made by the same team, let's compare it to a game made by someone else entirely!

Maybe SoJ will run the whole thingSoJ already does run everything.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 08:42 PM
Yes, yes, let's not compare PSO2 to its predecessors made by the same team, let's compare it to a game made by someone else entirely!
SoJ already does run everything.

Well you guys compare PSO2 and PSU like it's already out and running on the PC and like it's going to be on the same exact systems, and run exactly the same, truth is nobody knows how this game will end up PC exclusive or not, Sega has been somewhat stepping up when it comes to Phantasy Star since PSU with the portable series. If SoJ runs everything, what's the point of SoA o.O this is exactly why I'm going to be running things real soon 8-) lol

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 08:48 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP let me get my reading glasses on for this, "SHISH IS GETTING REAL" 8-)

For the first paragraph I'm pretty sure Sega can find some programmers that actually know what they're doing, who want to work, I mean I'll do it just teach me how to do it XD, seriously I would love to learn.

For the second, if Dcuo can release content for PC and PS3 at the same time so can Sega. You guys need to stop comparing this to PSU, this is a whole new game and a whole new time period hopefully everybody learned from their mistakes and Sega makes the right choice this time.

The third, hell yeah I think they would if the game does well and how many people actualy get rid of their old systems, not many I still play my SNES, everybody I know still atleast has their N64 lol especially if PSO really turns out to be a great game people will stay on the PS3 for it.

And the 5th(YEAH I SKIPPED THE 4TH), these are things you just can't judge until the results come anything can happen, has a believer in an endless adventure this is something I also strongly believe in!

As for the rest, Like I said I'll most likely still get even if it is a PC exclusive I just rather it also come out for the PS3, what I mean by the "right choice" was hopefully whatever Sega decides, PC only or not, PSO2 flourishes in whatever path they chose and not end up like PSU.

BUT YEAH IT SHOULD COME OUT ON A HANDHELD SO I CAN PLAY WHENEVER AND RESURRECT THE DREAMCAST WITH THIS GAME WHILE YOUR AT, LONG LIVE SEEEEGGGGGAAAAA.

Sorry I'm just so excited about this game :D

*breathes heavily cuz he is out of breath* that ends my wall text reads and post for the next year

Sorry, what? I'm 30 years old and no one I know still uses their PS2, their PSX, their SNES or any other console prior to this generation. most people I know sold them off along with the games to put towards their new system and do so at every gen. What you're describing is hoarding and you're equating nostalgia and being unable to throw shit away with legitimate reasons to support a system after the company halts manufacturing.

They cannot grab random people off the street for localization and porting for PS3. The PS3 infrastructure while certainly not rocket science is something a lot of devs try to avoid when they can. The reason the Wii got so much attention early on was cause regarding its basic hardware, it's essentially a PS2, something that is relatively easy to write for. Porting something over isn't as simple as plugging a pc title into a PS3 SDK and clicking "compile." it takes work, time and money and as i said the console will not be around for even half the lifespan of the game. they will have to drop support for it eventually and then you guys who got it for PS3 will be SOL, pissed that they let you down when they shouldn't have given you the option in the first place.

Something you have to understand, is there will not be a PS3 by 2014 and on a game they likely are looking to support til 2020(again based on BB) and the money they shovel into this title will not pay off. for the first year, yeah they may see an increase in revenue, but then as people get a PS4 or quit cause their friends got PS4s and don't play anymore, or got bored, or again...are forced to quit cause PSN no longer supports the PS3, the numbers which were not that good before (because lets face it, 70% of the population will die out in the first year, and that's being generous) will get to be so bad that they're paying US and several EU teams to keep the dreams of 100 sorry kids alive.

You may not realize this but the promises that DCUO is making are straight up lies. The game may go for 10 years on PC, but what are they going to do when sony drops support for the PS3 and only the PS4 can access PSN for "security" reasons? Hello private servers and CFW. That's no longer got anything to do with Sony OR Sega.

in any case arguing with you is pointless. you're not looking at this objectively you're looking at this ideologically, which has no basis on fact and is completely based on plugging your ears, shutting your eyes and screaming. Your basic counterpoint to everything I said boils down to "oh yeah?" like a spoiled child who didn't get the new power ranger toy for Christmas so he tells his parents they don't love him enough. say something logical and based on fact rather than talk like the world is made out of peppermints and dreams.

you're asking Sega to commit ritual suicide so you can play on your console of choice for a year and a half at best when 95% of ps3 users have quit since they all just got the latest and greatest system that won't play the game you randomly come back to once or twice a month. because lets face it, if you're so short sighted that you think your PS3 will be doing anything more than collecting dust in 2013, you shouldn't be commenting on how business should be run in the first place.

EDIT:

I just started to look at join dates...is it just me or are the majority of people arguing for console support brand new to the forum? How old are you guys, seriously? Cause no offense, but you all talk like you live 2 blocks from each other and have sleep overs on weekends alternating who's basement you camp out based on who's mom will order pizza.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2011, 08:50 PM
If SoJ runs everything, what's the point of SoA o.OSoA is basically just there for PR and customer relations, so that SoJ doesn't have to directly deal with the filthy gaijins. Every now and then, SoA can do things like ban scammers that have been reported two million times.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 09:09 PM
Sorry, what? I'm 30 years old and no one I know still uses their PS2, their PSX, their SNES or any other console prior to this generation. most people I know sold them off along with the games to put towards their new system and do so at every gen. What you're describing is hoarding and you're equating nostalgia and being unable to throw shit away with legitimate reasons to support a system after the company halts manufacturing.

They cannot grab random people off the street for localization and porting for PS3. The PS3 infrastructure while certainly not rocket science is something a lot of devs try to avoid when they can. The reason the Wii got so much attention early on was cause regarding its basic hardware, it's essentially a PS2, something that is relatively easy to write for. Porting something over isn't as simple as plugging a pc title into a PS3 SDK and clicking "compile." it takes work, time and money and as i said the console will not be around for even half the lifespan of the game. they will have to drop support for it eventually and then you guys who got it for PS3 will be SOL, pissed that they let you down when they shouldn't have given you the option in the first place.

Something you have to understand, is there will not be a PS3 by 2014 and on a game they likely are looking to support til 2020(again based on BB) and the money they shovel into this title will not pay off. for the first year, yeah they may see an increase in revenue, but then as people get a PS4 or quit cause their friends got PS4s and don't play anymore, or got bored, or again...are forced to quit cause PSN no longer supports the PS3, the numbers which were not that good before (because lets face it, 70% of the population will die out in the first year, and that's being generous) will get to be so bad that they're paying US and several EU teams to keep the dreams of 100 sorry kids alive.

You may not realize this but the promises that DCUO is making are straight up lies. The game may go for 10 years on PC, but what are they going to do when sony drops support for the PS3 and only the PS4 can access PSN for "security" reasons? Hello private servers and CFW. That's no longer got anything to do with Sony OR Sega.

in any case arguing with you is pointless. you're not looking at this objectively you're looking at this ideologically, which has no basis on fact and is completely based on plugging your ears, shutting your eyes and screaming. Your basic counterpoint to everything I said boils down to "oh yeah?" like a spoiled child who didn't get the new power ranger toy for Christmas so he tells his parents they don't love him enough. say something logical and based on fact rather than talk like the world is made out of peppermints and dreams.

you're asking Sega to commit ritual suicide so you can play on your console of choice for a year and a half at best when 95% of ps3 users have quit since they all just got the latest and greatest system that won't play the game you randomly come back to once or twice a month. because lets face it, if you're so short sighted that you think your PS3 will be doing anything more than collecting dust in 2013, you shouldn't be commenting on how business should be run in the first place.

EDIT:

I just started to look at join dates...is it just me or are the majority of people arguing for console support brand new to the forum? How old are you guys, seriously? Cause no offense, but you all talk like you live 2 blocks from each other and have sleep overs on weekends alternating who's basement you camp out based on who's mom will order pizza.

Who shot the prez of sega and made you president?Plus even when the ps3 came out alot of people still played on the Ps2,and Japan,same thing,they all switch to PSU,plus they gabe the game away for a week on PC to support the switch for JPN users.SO if they don't want it on Consoles anymore they can do what I just said again.And please don't be the stereotypical 30 year old who degrades people at younger ages.I was in programming for abit,I know the pain they go through.Plus and for the last time look at DCU(only Online good p2p RPG I can think of for ps3)

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 09:13 PM

EDIT:

I look up and OMG there's more. I honestly wasn't trying to argue with you, just stating what I think. But really me and all my friends and we're 19, 18, 17 still play their old systems, we have retro game days every blue moon it's pretty fun you should try it sometime. I keep my game consoles because there are just some games I still enjoy playing way more then this gen's games, like PSO for example.

Trust me I'll probably be powering up my PS3 in 2020 along with my N64 almost every week. If PS4 does have backwards capability like you said was possible earlier whose to say we can't use that to play PSO2. Then again I'm not everybody but there are alot of people wishing for MMO games on console's.

If your worried about the system becoming outdated before the game your going to have to come up with a better reason then that, because with today's tech it is possible to carry a game to the a next console especially if PS4 still uses PSN, and that's technically.

Lol you stalking me bro? naw we're here to support PSO2 like I said earlier we're probably get PSO2 if it's a PC exclusive or not. I'm 19 tho, I work, pay bills, blah blah blah. Ark is the lucky guy still in HighSchool

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
Well they say there will not be a new Gen till 2014..I am willing to play PSO2 for 3 long great years

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 09:21 PM
LOL I'll play as long as the content doesn't stop coming

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 09:24 PM
Yesh!And they fun times keep rollin

The Red Mirage
Apr 26, 2011, 09:31 PM
The way I look at it, the original PSO was celebrated for being the first REAL online game for consoles, why would SEGA mess up one of its best marketing opportunities?

"Play the sequal to the first online console game of all time! EXCLUSIVELY ON PC!"

I can understand not wanting to deal with Microsoft's content policies, but I see no reason why they can't release it on the PS3.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 09:35 PM
I don't need to keep my old stuff. pretty sure I just told you my PC does it all for me. I just got Valkyrie Profile 2 running on this thing. I can play just about any old game I want on my computer. I just rip my CDs/DVDs and play them on the computer. PS3 plays PSX games if nothing else. You don't need to keep 20 systems hooked up for retro gaming. That's just crazy

you realize that by saying they could port it to ps4, you just opened another can of worms? now they have to build the game all over again, for brand new hardware and while the ps3 is still active, they'd be supporting, debugging and localizing for 3 consoles, not 2? over multiple countries? when brand new games would be coming out in a community that changes games every 2 weeks? what about splitting resources and diminishing returns didn't you understand?

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 09:40 PM
I don't need to keep my old stuff. pretty sure I just told you my PC does it all for me. I just got Valkyrie Profile 2 running on this thing. I can play just about any old game I want on my computer. I just rip my CDs/DVDs and play them on the computer. PS3 plays PSX games if nothing else. You don't need to keep 20 systems hooked up for retro gaming. That's just crazy

you realize that by saying they could port it to ps4, you just opened another can of worms? now they have to build the game all over again, for brand new hardware and while the ps3 is still active, they'd be supporting, debugging and localizing for 3 consoles, not 2? over multiple countries? when brand new games would be coming out in a community that changes games every 2 weeks? what about splitting resources and diminishing returns didn't you understand?

They did it for the 360.Just saying

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 09:45 PM
The way I look at it, the original PSO was celebrated for being the first REAL online game for consoles, why would SEGA mess up one of its best marketing opportunities?

"Play the sequal to the first online console game of all time! EXCLUSIVELY ON PC!"

I can understand not wanting to deal with Microsoft's content policies, but I see no reason why they can't release it on the PS3.

It was never about why they can't release it on PS3, but why they shouldn't. As for the "first online console game of all time", times have changed. Every console on the market has online play, and MMOs are a standard in todays market.

We live in a post-WoW gaming world now, where MMOs and PCs are synonymous. Consoles? Not so much.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 09:45 PM
rofl do you see the support the 360 gets? it's nowhere near what the PC is getting. that alone should be a red flag.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
But they rebuild the network for 360 remember :J

The Red Mirage
Apr 26, 2011, 09:50 PM
It was never about why they can't release it on PS3, but why they shouldn't. As for the "first online console game of all time", times have changed. Every console on the market has online play, and MMOs are a standard in todays market.

We live in a post-WoW gaming world now, where MMOs and PCs are synonymous. Consoles? Not so much.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way though, PSO has never been and hopefully never will be an MMO. It's competition in today's markets are games like Monster Hunter and God Eater, other action oriented ONLINE RPGs. Where is the main support for this genre? Consoles.

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 09:53 PM
I think you're looking at it the wrong way though, PSO has never been and hopefully never will be an MMO. It's competition in today's markets are games like Monster Hunter and God Eater, other action oriented ONLINE RPGs. Where is the main support for this genre? Consoles.

Last I checked, the PSP was a handheld.

The Red Mirage
Apr 26, 2011, 09:56 PM
Handhelds are still consoles, they are not modifiable for performance which is what sets PC and Console gaming apart.

And Moster Hunter Tri was on the Wii.

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 09:58 PM
It was a joke, and I'm aware. I own MHTri. These instance-based online action games don't really thrive on home consoles, though. They do best on handhelds, as we've seen with MH, God Eater, Lord of Arcana, and the number of clones to follow.

PSO2 is much bigger than these games, and it really is at home on PC. I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they did port to PS3, but I do feel the game would suffer compared to it's PC counterpart, just as PSU did.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 09:59 PM

Yeah, hell Monster Hunter on Wii, gets constant new quests and events. :P Hence why its the most played Wii Online game. (which isn't saying much, but its got a decent base of players constantly playing)

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah, hell Monster Hunter on Wii, gets constant new quests and events. :P

Those quests are already on the disc. The Wii doesn't have enough internal storage to download content in the form of missions, patches, etc. Monster Hunter on PS2 was the same way, and I played that online for two years.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 10:01 PM
It was a joke, and I'm aware. I own MHTri. These instance-based online action games don't really thrive on home consoles, though. They do best on handhelds, as we've seen with MH, God Eater, Lord of Arcana, and the number of clones to follow.

PSO2 is much bigger than these games, and it really is at home on PC. I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they did port to PS3, but I do feel the game would suffer compared to it's PC counterpart, just as PSU did.

You know why PSU suffered? They made it for a last gen console when a current gen console was already out...

Like I said earlier, had they focused on making PSU for PC, PS3, and 360. Odds are the PC/PS3 servers would be up and there would be more updates.

The Red Mirage
Apr 26, 2011, 10:04 PM

PSO2 is much bigger then these games, and it really is at home on PC. I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they did port to PS3, but I do feel the game would suffer compared to it's PC counterpart, just as PSU did.

I'm a fan of the PSO series just as you are, and maybe the fan base is different in Japan, but I do not see PSO2 being wildly successful here in the States on any platform. The series just doesn't have that kind of following... plus Sega of America is horrible at advertising.

So yeah... I can't see PSO2 being big at all honestly. : /

Nothing wrong with having a small dedicated community though. That's what PSO1 was like on the American servers and I had a ton of fun while it lasted.

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 10:07 PM
You know why PSU suffered? They made it for a last gen console when a current gen console was already out...

Like I said earlier, had they focused on making PSU for PC, PS3, and 360. Odds are the PC/PS3 servers would be up and there would be more updates.

PSU was announced in 2004, meaning it was in development before then. They couldn't have put it on PS3 unless they scrapped their PS2 version entirely, thus delaying the Playstation version launch until November 2006, when the PS3 launched.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 10:08 PM
I'm a fan of the PSO series just as you are, and maybe the fan base is different in Japan, but I do not see PSO2 being wildly successful here in the States on any platform. The series just doesn't have that kind of following... plus Sega of America is horrible at advertising.

So yeah... I can't see PSO2 being big at all honestly. : /

Nothing wrong with having a small dedicated community though. That's what PSO1 was like on the American servers and I had a ton of fun while it lasted.

I remember they said they were angry or something that Phantasy Star Portable (in the us, can't remember if it was 1 or 2) becuase it didn't sell. It was probably becuase I didn't see many sits with reviews and of course,

never saw one advertisement.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 10:08 PM
No, there probably wouldn't be more updates because SEGA, quite frankly, does not care for the Western world.

That is true.

where is our PSP2i!? >:(

Almost as bad as Capcom when it comes to localizing Monster Hunter.

where is my Monster Hunter Portable 3rd!?

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 10:11 PM
No, there probably wouldn't be more updates because SEGA, quite frankly, does not care for the Western world.

Sega has been better recently. Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2, Yakuza 3, 4, Vanquish, and Bayonetta have all made it over to the US.

It's really Sonic Team who you should be blaming. They're the ones who handled PSU's US content.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah, hell Monster Hunter on Wii, gets constant new quests and events. :P Hence why its the most played Wii Online game. (which isn't saying much, but its got a decent base of players constantly playing)

rofl what? XDD they aren't adding anything. that's all old stuff they cycle and rehash. there are no monsters or weapons that aren't on the disc. that may be the most ignorant thing you've said yet.

There is no MHtri data file to store DLC and anything you do online is record and accessible offline. that means that all the data is local.

Handhelds are still consoles, they are not modifiable for performance which is what sets PC and Console gaming apart.

And Moster Hunter Tri was on the Wii.

handhelds are not consoles. they serve a similar function and functionality, but they are not the same. I'm sorry for all of you who think they are.

But they rebuild the network for 360 remember :J

Do you see the support the 360 gets? it's nowhere near what the PC is getting. that alone should be a red flag.

Anyway this is just going to go in circles. I'm not going to be make some arrogant comment and storm off, but you guys really are arguing like children. no understanding of a business model or what it takes to put a game out. I had a friend who thought putting a game on a ps3 vs a 360 was just the kind of disc it was written to. you guys sound just like that: making ignorant statements that just don't stack up to reality.

Putting PSU on 360 was a mistake. like I said, it's too late in the dev cycle for this game. they don't want to have to try to maintain support for a console just to drop it later and end up forcing you guys to migrate or quit. if everything I've stated doesn't add up for you, you're not really trying to listen and I don't have the patience to sit here and say it a hundred ways til one of you gets it and awkwardly tries to explain it to everyone else using diet cherry mountain dew and peanutbutter M&Ms at the vending machine at the local supermarket as an analogy for supply and demand, which doesn't even begin to cover what I'm talking about.

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 10:14 PM
All the games that you mentioned, with the exception of Valkyria Chronicles for I don't know anything about those games, were fucked in some way when SEGA tried porting them over west-side. They suck at everything.

Sega only screwed up the Bayonetta port. Vanquish is fine. Yakuza 3 was a mistake to remove things and they've since atoned with the release of Yakuza 4. If you haven't played VC1 or 2, I highly suggest you do so. VC1 is among the best rpgs this generation. I also forgot to mention Resonance of Fate.

Keeping your posts free of hyperbole is the best way to avoid attacks, by the way.

The Red Mirage
Apr 26, 2011, 10:18 PM
rofl what? XDD they aren't adding anything. that's all old stuff they cycle and rehash. there are no monsters or weapons that aren't on the disc. that may be the most ignorant thing you've said yet.

There is no MHtri data file to store DLC and anything you do online is record and accessible offline. that means that all the data is local.

handhelds are not consoles. they serve a similar function but they are not the same. I'm sorry for all of you who think they are.

rofl do you see the support the 360 gets? it's nowhere near what the PC is getting. that alone should be a red flag.

Anyway this is just going to go in circles. I'm not going to be make some arrogant comment and storm off, but you guys really are arguing like children. no understanding of a business model or what it takes to put a game out. I had a friend who thought putting a game on a ps3 vs a 360 was just the kind of disc it was written to. you guys sound just like that: making ignorant statements that just don't stack up to reality.

Putting PSU on 360 was a mistake. like I said, it's too late in the dev cycle for this game. they don't want to have to try to maintain support for a console just to drop it later and end up forcing you guys to migrate or quit. if everything I've stated doesn't add up for you, you're not really trying to listen and I don't have the patience to sit here and say it a hundred ways til one of you gets it and awkwardly tries to explain it to everyone else using diet cherry mountain dew and peanutbutter M&Ms at the vending machine at the local supermarket as an analogy for supply and demand, which doesn't even begin to cover what I'm talking about.

Listen guy, if you want to make an intelligent argument, try leaving out the insults and using correct grammar and punctuation.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 10:20 PM
Listen guy, if you want to make an intelligent argument, try leaving out the insults and using correct grammar and punctuation.

listen pal, I only have one working eye and 20/50 vision with that. You try checking all your typos when you can't see and tell me how well you do.

Furthermore I've yet to see you say anything intelligent at all, so you're not in a position to comment.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 10:31 PM

That wasn't ignorant, since I don't even own the game, and only see tidbits on Capcom-unity.

like I said, it's too late in the dev cycle for this game.

Its never too late, hell when they announced FF13 for 360, it was already half-way through development.

They don't always finalize ports until after releasing gameplay and info. They don't always due it while in pre-development.

The Red Mirage
Apr 26, 2011, 10:33 PM
listen pal, I only have one working eye and 20/50 vision with that. You try checking all your typos when you can't see and tell me how well you do.

Furthermore I've yet to see you say anything intelligent at all, so you're not in a position to comment.

Once again, why the insults? Why does everything have to be personal with you? It's a video game forum. All I've done is give some reasons as to why SEGA might be motivated to release on a console and you have not given any real reason for your disagreement.

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 10:33 PM
That wasn't ignorant, since I don't even own the game, and only see tidbits on Capcom-unity.

Its never too late, hell when they announced FF13 for 360, it was already half-way through development.

They don't always finalize ports until after releasing gameplay and info. They don't always due it while in pre-development.

FF13 for 360 was terrible and the entire game suffered from having to develop it for 360 as well. 15+ gigs of the game was cut, y'know?

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 10:36 PM
FF13 for 360 was terrible and the entire game suffered from having to develop it for 360 as well. 15+ gigs of the game was cut, y'know?

But you also due know that was becuase of the disc size of the 360, y'know?

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 10:43 PM
But you also due know that was becuase of the disc size of the 360, y'know?

And due to being built for from the ground up for PS3 and then suddenly ported over to a console with an entirely different architecture.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 10:45 PM

Wasn't the extra data just for faster load times?

ShinMaruku
Apr 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
PSU suffered because Sonic Team is a terrible developer when working alone they need a more dependable team with them. Until I find out if it's ST alone or a collaboration, I shall watch wearily.

Aixiao
Apr 26, 2011, 10:49 PM
Wasn't the extra data just for faster load times?

During interviews they stated they cut a whole game's worth.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 10:54 PM

Ignorant does not meant stupid. Ignorant means uneducated or uninformed. They may seem similar but they are far from the same.

Once again, why the insults? Why does everything have to be personal with you? It's a video game forum. All I've done is give some reasons as to why SEGA might be motivated to release on a console and you have not given any real reason for your disagreement.

Your comments have been sarcastic and uninspired. Attacking someone for grammar as though that was some magic yard stick for measuring intelligence is childish. I could have lived in some part of Africa for 26 years and just learned English 6 years ago for all you knew, or had dyslexia, making writing a difficult process. As you found out, I'm partially blind. But clearly because I missed a letter or two on my kb and didn't capitalize something, I'm neither intelligent nor do I have anything intelligent to say.

If you had read my posts you'd know exactly why I was opposed to PSO2 being on PS3 despite being a console gamer myself and having played PSO since the days of the DC. This has nothing to do with nostalgia or PC pride. Read what I had to say before you assert there's no reason behind it.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 10:56 PM
You guys are seriously trippin.And cool story bro

Zarode
Apr 26, 2011, 10:59 PM
After reading this thread, and especially YOU, Ark22...

I never want this game released to the consoles.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:03 PM
I don't trip :P I just say things that make other people trip.
And don't wish that D=

Zarode
Apr 26, 2011, 11:05 PM
Pray so hard for it.

edit: I'm praying that it doesn't come out for consoles... Need me some facepalm.jpg up in here.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:06 PM
I don't have to,Sega will never do that :P.If they did......I wold just buy a PC and just say whatevs

eclipsXe
LOL Ark, people let's just let Sega decide and cut all this foolishness and enjoy some cookies =D or we can argue about something we can't control that's fine too.

Niloklives
After reading this thread, and especially YOU, Ark22...

I never want this game released to the consoles.

Seriously, at this point I don't want it on PS3 just to cut down on all the stupid kids.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 11:10 PM
It's gonna be pc only no matter how hard you guys argue. :0

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:10 PM
Hey.....Imma teen.Dis is how we speak home breh.Watchu talkn bout cuzz?
Lol I better chill out before the Mod police come <.<...>.>
But yeah.If they do NOT confirm it,there is still hope.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 11:18 PM
Seriously, at this point I don't want it on PS3 just to cut down on all the stupid kids.

That's right because video games are meant for grown people.....wait.....YEAH....grown people......

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:21 PM
Remy don't like old people.Plus if a 40 year old PSO gamer can deal with me,then you can to =D!Seeing as you call me kid and all

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 11:23 PM
That's right because video games are meant for grown people.....wait.....YEAH....grown people......

I hate to break this to you but the people who grew up on atari and commodore 64 are all adults now. games are a form of entertainment just like any other.

Besides I'm fine with intelligent kids. it's the stupid ones that bother me. Way to self identify.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 11:26 PM
they were born for what is today's grown people...D:

but that makes it all the less fair that we can't even enjoy kids games because they're kiddier than when we were kids...D:

/stares @ pre-colors/post-sa2b sonic

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:27 PM
It's not the intelligence that make them cool,it's the personality.Even you should know that

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 11:30 PM
I don't disagree with you one bit video games are for everyone, But sadly there are just as many stupid adults as stupid kids, especially seeing how those adults raised those kids =/. I hope too see a great range from young and old playing this.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 11:40 PM
It's not the intelligence that make them cool,it's the personality.Even you should know that

I'm a psychology major. intelligence is part of personality.

And "cool" is subjective.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:49 PM
Part of yeah,if it was Type A and Type B theory,besides that Nature vs Nuture.

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 11:53 PM
I think you guys missed me pointing this out: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-minor-website-update/

PSO2 faces many challenges and one of the challenges is to focus on those who don’t play PC games. More challenges will be revealed in the future. (Since people are misinterpreting this, it means to convert those who are unwilling or afraid to play PC games. This has nothing to do with a console version.)

It's leaning much more to PC only than on consoles, but at this point nothing is ruled out of course.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 26, 2011, 11:55 PM
Actually, that hints that all their resources are aimed at making this game a PC exclusive on launch. Perhaps after some time a console port will be distributed.

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 11:57 PM
Part of yeah,if it was Type A and Type B theory,besides that Nature vs Nuture.

That sounds like about a half a semester's worth of high school psych. congrats.

This has nothing to do with type A or type B. do you know how many theories of personality there are alone? there are books about the books on the guys who wrote the books.

And nature vs nurture? Nature vs nurture isn't a theory, it's a theme.

you sound like charlie from always sunny. To paraphrase:

"I know the legal matters with real estate are complicated"

"not complicated at all really...standard boiling plate"

"yeah well we all wanna get home and make dinner on our hot plates, but lets you and me go toe to toe on bird law and see who comes out on top!"

Actually, that hints that all their resources are aimed at making this game a PC exclusive on launch. Perhaps after some time a console port will be distributed.

yeah sounds to me like they're saying "if you can't play this on your PC, you need a new PC"

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:58 PM

But no one understands

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 11:59 PM

Well if they want to convince players to buy the PC version because they don't like to play on PC or etc, why would they in the end bother making a console version after the "effort?"

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 12:00 AM
Lol everybody knows this but people don't wan't to think anything can happen, it's either this way or fail. whether they want it a PC exclusive or not, I just hope it turns out to be a great game. People are arguing instead of stating opinions in a respectful matter, but welcome to the internet

Anon_Fire
Apr 27, 2011, 12:01 AM
Keep it PC only, let them iron out the bugs and all that. SEGA of Japan won't listen to us anyway.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 27, 2011, 12:01 AM
Because 'some time' could implement a few months to a few years. I'm going with years.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 12:08 AM
Because 'some time' could implement a few months to a few years. I'm going with years.

I don't see them waiting out since their life expectancy for PSO2 is probably higher than the remainder of PS3/360's. Of course they could just drop support, still in the end who knows what can happen.

Just that right now it's looking closer to be PC only trough what's been said (or not said) already.

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 12:08 AM
maybe they'll make a PSO 2 episode 1 & 2 for the PS4 lol

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 AM
maybe they'll make a PSO 2 episode 1 & 2 for the PS4 lol

If PSO2 becomes popular enough and has Sega reeling in the money it certainly looks like it could happen.

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 12:13 AM
We'll see I just pray from now on the PS series keeps expanding and getting bigger.

SageAtlasEllimirri
Apr 27, 2011, 12:57 AM
i hope for a pso 3ds. a hopeful dream

RenzokukenZ
Apr 27, 2011, 04:42 AM
^ That would be PS Zero 2.

But yes, maybe after a few years within PS02's life, Sega would decide to create a spin-off of sorts akin to the PSP series for a new gen console. Or create something similar to PSO Epi 3 where its an entirely different game yet still contributes to story elements and such.

IceGreg
Apr 27, 2011, 07:11 AM
Nothing is sure about PSO2 coming on Xbox 360 or PS3, as the next gen is coming by 2013, so why would Sega make this game on both systems with MS & Sony planning on new console in a few years ! PSU is out since fall 2006 now if I remember, so yes it would be the perfect time for a new Phantasy Star game, but I really don't know if Sega would do it on the 360 or PS3. the game has been annouced on PC actually but a 360 port would not be hard so why not. Also, as Nintendo will announce its new console at E3 in June, perhaps Sega will announce PSO2 on this console, we don't know, and that would also make sense. But one thing I'm sure, is that PSO2 will definitely come to console, this is obvious. I would like this game to be free to play, as I don't want to pay $10/month to play a game. I don't have the same time I had when PSO/PSOv2 came out on DC so, a free to play mode would be perfect.

Wayu
Apr 27, 2011, 07:12 AM
SEGA will probably tout the Phantasy Star title for a long while before finally letting the franchise go to rest, so expect more in one way or another.

-Wayu

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 27, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hey.....Imma teen.Dis is how we speak home breh.Watchu talkn bout cuzz?All the "home brehs" speak without pausing after punctuation? That's pretty weird!

Wayu
Apr 27, 2011, 07:27 AM
I'm a teen, too. I don't speak gibberish...

-Wayu

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 08:11 AM
All the "home brehs" speak without pausing after punctuation? That's pretty weird!

It's home bruh, cuh, get your slang up lol

Korten12
Apr 27, 2011, 02:36 PM
Also it is kind of stupid they're making a console mainly series (even was renouned for it being the first MMO (technicaly) on Consoles) and yet say:

"You guys been waiting for a sequel?"

"Yeah!"

"Well guess what? This time you can only play it on One platform! and its not on the console like all of the originals!"

":("

Also those who wish for it to not come on consoles for stupid reasons are purely PC elitist.

BizznessOnly
Apr 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
There is no problem having a console version. Share the wealth.

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 02:42 PM
Also it is kind of stupid they're making a console mainly series (even was renouned for it being the first MMO (technicaly) on Consoles) and yet say:

"You guys been waiting for a sequel?"

"Yeah!"

"Well guess what? This time you can only play it on One platform! and its not on the console like all of the originals!"

":("

Also those who wish for it to not come on consoles for stupid reasons are purely PC elitist.

And so it begins, don't take it out on everybody who wants it PC only a lot of people just don't want it to end up like PSU.

Korten12
Apr 27, 2011, 02:44 PM
And so it begins, don't take it out on everybody who wants it PC only a lot of people just don't want it to end up like PSU.

PSU is a terrible example. Since as it's been stated many times:

IT WAS MADE FOR TWO CURRENT GEN CONSOLES AND ONE LAST-GEN CONSOLE!

Therefore the last-gen console held it back.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 02:51 PM
Use DCUO as an example.

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 02:59 PM
PSU is a terrible example. Since as it's been stated many times:

IT WAS MADE FOR TWO CURRENT GEN CONSOLES AND ONE LAST-GEN CONSOLE!

Therefore the last-gen console held it back.

I agree with that also but when you have high hopes for something you don't want risk it for anything. I think they should give it another shot since the PS3 can actually handle this like it can DCUO but I respect everybody's opinion on the matter also, so I'm not going to get mad at them for not wanting Sega to take that risk for something they really want to do well, even though I think it wouldn't hurt to have PSO2 on PS3 >.>