PDA

View Full Version : 4 or 6 player co-op?

Strider_M
Apr 26, 2011, 10:23 PM
One of the things I liked in PSU was the fact that there could be 6 players in a mission together!

I saw the reveal video and only noticed 4 people. So I figured either I'm in the minority on wanting 6 people in a misssion together.

So I wanted to know if there's any confirmation about how many people can play in a mission together in PSO2? And What do you think about the number people that can play together? Did you like 6 people? Are 4 people better?

rezakon
Apr 26, 2011, 10:26 PM
No confirmation yet.

I liked the standard 4 but if you included a pvp mode then 6 would be cool (3v3).

•Col•
Apr 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
I think 4 people parties are nicer overall, especially if there is a 4 class system (Hunter/Ranger/Force/Vanguard) like there was in PSP2.

I wouldn't mind if there were 4 party slots for players, and 2 other extra slots for NPCs like Partner Card characters though.

Korten12
Apr 26, 2011, 10:32 PM
4, would be best. 6 Could get a bit hetic. Though not that much more hetic.

Getsuga
Apr 26, 2011, 10:34 PM
I feel like it should be six person parties simply for wanting the action to be as hectic as possible, really. Infact, I'd been hoping there'd be like eight or so, as blasphemous as that probably sounds.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 26, 2011, 10:36 PM
I like both: Certain missions for 4 and certain for 6 (or even more).
In PSU, some missions where just too easy with 6 people, but at the same time, I liked being able to play with more people.
So make certain missions/areas with big parties in mind.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 10:40 PM
Well the game is already big enough,it looked like it can support 6 players,probably 4 for the Alpha

ChronoTrigga
Apr 26, 2011, 10:48 PM
4 is perfect.

I wouldn't mind if they only had 3 character slots per game either.

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 10:49 PM

I feel 4 players is too small.

Strider_M
Apr 26, 2011, 10:54 PM
You know I like what Getsuga and Kimil Adrayne said...
Some missions with 4 people and Some missions with even MORE lol

I would also like it if everyone could have their uh... what was those things called? Partner Machines? Everyone could have them together. If not, only Humans and Neumans while Beasts and Casts still do their special attacks.

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 10:54 PM
I say there should be like certain missions for certain amounts of players, like normal missions there will be 4 but like others it could be like 6 or maybe even 8.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 10:57 PM
So Raids?

Strider_M
Apr 26, 2011, 10:59 PM
Maybe like special challeges? Like 2 bosses simultaneously? Or a boss fight only room? (something I've been wanting for a long time)

Zarode
Apr 26, 2011, 11:02 PM
Four, six, eight, ten-billion million...

The game can have parties as large as it wants, I just wanna have a challenge while playing it, and get many rares.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:04 PM
Challenge can come later.If you want a challenge just solo everything with level one equipment

Zarode
Apr 26, 2011, 11:06 PM
So, what, do this PSU style and just get better weapons to overpower the monsters even more?

~*~sounds so fun~*~

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:08 PM
No,Let's make a ultimate mode with drop rates so high like PSO you won't get rares every ten enemies like psp2.Defense won't be broken either

Seth Astra
Apr 26, 2011, 11:11 PM
Either 4 or 6 is fine by me, though I lean slightly towards 4. 8 is pushing it, though I wouldn't think it that bad. If it goes into double digits, though, I would be unhappy. The higher the number goes, the less happy I'd be. I think that, if I got all my close friends from PSOW AND real life to play this game and join me, I might be able to reach an 8 man party regularly. However, this would be extremely unlikely, though running with a few people below max could be tolerated. If it went into double digits, though, with appropriate difficulty for full parties... I'd be screwed 90% of the time.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 11:13 PM
I don't mind either, but actually making it so that you can choose the maximum size of your party when starting a mission makes the most sense to me...

Maybe the design of the stage will change depending on the size party you pick. benefitting people that don't wanna run missions, but need a full party to access certain parts, and instead getting their own mission. But at the same time, to counter the whole soloist mindset making the larger partied missions more rewarding.

They can be like

solo
duo
4 man
6 man

Or something

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 11:13 PM
I hope this is alot harder the any of the past titles, maybe even make it feel like I need a healer, no offense my Forces I love ya'll on my team.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:15 PM
I was a pretty beast Force in PSO,before PSU bombed it.But E they can throw rocks....ROCKS MAN!

Tetsaru
Apr 26, 2011, 11:25 PM
I'd prefer up to 6 players personally (be able to invite more friends to play alongside you), but at the same time, I think the difficulty of the missions should scale somewhat depending on how many people are in the party, and prevent everyone from zerg-rushing their way through everything in a matter of minutes.

Also, this topic needs a poll. :razz:

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 11:25 PM
So I'll hit them with an upper cut, kick them in the a%%. with all the rolling, jumping, and blocking I'm not too worried about rocks

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 11:30 PM
Pull a Borderland
Alright let's complete this mission guys!
*Some guy joins,the monsters in this game grown in strength*
(gets hit and dies)

lostinseganet
Apr 27, 2011, 12:45 PM
8-16 player plz just add minions to boss battles

Corey Blue
Apr 27, 2011, 01:23 PM
4 or 6 is fine,anymore and it would get annoying.

landman
Apr 27, 2011, 01:47 PM
I like the few missions PSO and PSU have that make you divide in "two teams" and go different ways to complete the mission. 6-8-etc players does not mean they have to stack together and not even touch the enemies before they die.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 02:15 PM
I want to actually SPLIT UP in this game like PSO did.2 doors eh?Ok 2 with me,you 3 go to the other door

Skye-Fox713
Apr 27, 2011, 02:58 PM
I kinda liked the 6 player groups from psu

Daron
Apr 27, 2011, 03:05 PM
4 would be my choice. The screens so far only show 4 players, but that might just be an alpha thing.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 03:06 PM
4 would be my choice. The screens so far only show 4 players, but that might just be an alpha thing.

That's what I said.Plus with all the enemies,it may fit well with 6 players

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 03:08 PM
ehhh just 4 players just seems too outdated to me for some reason, maybe to much raiding in dcuo, but I wouldn't be mad if it was just four people.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 27, 2011, 03:42 PM
The exact number doesn't matter, as long as the game is balanced properly for it.

r00tabaga
Apr 27, 2011, 03:48 PM
I prefer four over six......BUT, if would be kinda cool to get an urgent mission where it interupts a game & throws two parties of 4/ea to make 8 and do a boss battle. But yeah, four is my choice.

pikachief
Apr 27, 2011, 04:32 PM
I really like 6 for normal missions, if u just wanna have fun and go and kill stuff then the more the merrier! :D

For event missions/party missions or any mission where its any different from a normal mission and things need to be done, 6 is too hectic and 4 is best. Even if they had 4 player online story missions that would be wonderful! :D

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 05:17 PM
4 player co-op story.Now we are getting somewhere

Blueblur
Apr 27, 2011, 05:40 PM
I prefer 4 player parties. To accommodate more players, the game would have to throw more enemies on-screen which affect the performance of the game and it would be way more hectic. It was that way in PSU and I hated it.

Corey Blue
Apr 27, 2011, 05:52 PM
I prefer 4 player parties. To accommodate more players, the game would have to throw more enemies on-screen which affect the performance of the game and it would be way more hectic. It was that way in PSU and I hated it.

I kinda like 4 players over six because...it seems more organized,six players looked kinda generic on PSU,to me anyway.Plus the added colors next to the names were kinda stupid,pink?? Oh please.(Four players just look's right,like it belongs there.)If they add six it'll look generic as hell with all those people running around.

Marthebeast
Aug 31, 2011, 03:34 PM
I feel like it should be six person parties simply for wanting the action to be as hectic as possible, really. Infact, I'd been hoping there'd be like eight or so, as blasphemous as that probably sounds.

That would cause some serious lag my brotha...lol. 8 is pushing it big time ahaha. Shit, my computer might blow up lol.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2011, 03:51 PM
How did you even necro this? Before coming to the realization that we have 12 man parties now? :0

YOU MUST BE TROLLING! D8

Rika-chan
Aug 31, 2011, 03:59 PM
There are multi-party areas that can have up to 12 people, but with the non multi-party areas I'm pretty sure you will only be able to have 4 people in a party.

Marthebeast
Aug 31, 2011, 04:02 PM
How did you even necro this? Before coming to the realization that we have 12 man parties now? :0

YOU MUST BE TROLLING! D8

Are you directing your comment towards me, Michaeru?

If so, I'm new, and the idea of +4 players is just stupid...Even if the idea is implemented or not.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2011, 04:17 PM
No seriously! this thread had to be like 2345235235 pages back!

How is it that it's the first thing you click on without looking at anything else!? @_@

I'M CONFUSEDDDDD!

But yeah, too bad.

We have 12 man party areas now, and it's not stupid if the game is designed for it, This isn't PSO. :0

Marthebeast
Aug 31, 2011, 04:24 PM
No seriously! this thread had to be like 2345235235 pages back!

How is it that it's the first thing you click on without looking at anything else!? @_@

I'M CONFUSEDDDDD!

But yeah, too bad.

We have 12 man party areas now, and it's not stupid if the game is designed for it, This isn't PSO. :0

Lmao! You're over exaggerating lol. I seen this thread on page 2.

I'm just saying... 12 people running around spamming photon arts over and over sounds like serious lag, and on a side note; You don't know what PSO 2 is designed for... Putting 12 people in a specific area just sounds like epic failure.

PSU server sucks

PSO 2 server will suck with 12 people running at the same time... "Personal opinion" =]

We'll just have to see when the games comes out.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2011, 04:29 PM

I'm just saying... 12 people running around spamming photon arts over and over sounds like serious lag, and on a side note; You don't know what PSO 2 is designed for... Putting 12 people in a specific area just sounds like epic failure.

PSU server sucks

PSO 2 server will suck with 12 people running at the same time... "Personal opinion" =]

Ah, you should take what Mic says with a grain of salt. He's just like that. ;p

•Col•
Aug 31, 2011, 05:06 PM
That would cause some serious lag my brotha...lol. 8 is pushing it big time ahaha. Shit, my computer might blow up lol.

Bumping a 4+ month old thread.... FOR THIS? :l

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2011, 05:16 PM

PSU server sucks

It's already happened...

The game looks fine...

Now you're just being stubbornly ignorant for no reason. o_o