PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Story or Single Player Story?

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 05:19 PM
SO after reading some discussions,I thought would it be Co-op or single player.What do you guys think(or want)?I would love Co-op story with each character interacting with one another discussing things.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 05:21 PM
This is a good question. I actually don't know which I'd want more. Maybe a single player story, and then specific missions/quests for multiple people, that also pertain to the main story.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 27, 2011, 05:24 PM
Co-op. Story mode worked great in PSOBB. No one cared about the story itself, but the missions were fun to play and had good rewards.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 05:30 PM
Co-op. Story mode worked great in PSOBB. No one cared about the story itself, but the missions were fun to play and had good rewards.

I know what you mean.They were also short as crap*thank goodness the maze level in Subternarean 2 level was shorter*.I can see them making it co-op

Blueblur
Apr 27, 2011, 05:36 PM
Single player all the way. Online multiplayer is all the co-op I need.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 05:43 PM
I think I like missions being short and to the point, it makes sense...

You shouldn't have to go on a giant adventure across a planet just to do one quest, or at least it should depend on the quest.

One thing I liked about PSO question was that it was a good way to get by when you're a noob instead of just purely running through stages and getting pwnd, and the story telling obviously was done better parallel to the main adventure's story. I guess you could say...it was perfect. e_e

With PSU's take on the anime episode style story + PSU's crappy level designs this obviously wasn't possible... so they made that story mode that very few people liked which failed to make you feel like you were even part of the story other than just being there.

Because of this I honestly felt episode 1 in PSU where you play as ethan to be a hundred times more entertaining, and even funny because of ethan's horrible voice acting and him being a douche. Once AOI came around...meh..."what story?"

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 05:53 PM
Psp2 had a nice story that was short sweet and to the point

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 06:01 PM
Psp2 had a nice story that was short sweet and to the point

I haven't played the PSP games, but if it was like normal PSU's but "short and sweet and to the point" that's still not what I want or meant. e_e

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 06:02 PM
I think it should be Co-op you never know who you could be working with in a adventure, let's give PSO 2 that same feeling also. Or just make it an option.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 06:16 PM
Would be messed up if they pulled a demon soul.
"This game is easy!"
*Gets to boss*
"Come on!I can take you!"*charges and dies in one hit*

Pillan
Apr 27, 2011, 06:36 PM
I would rather have a group to chat with while playing through the story I do not care about to unlock missions/get story-specific gear. I see no reason not to be in favor of a multiplayer story as you always have the option of locking the team and doing it alone.

BizznessOnly
Apr 27, 2011, 08:57 PM
Co-op. Only way this type of game would be more enjoyable

Wayu
Apr 27, 2011, 09:04 PM
I think there should be a Co-op option. Not sure beyond that though, as PSO2 will definitely have an online multiplayer.

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:07 PM
Either way I am getting this...Just curious would anyone care to join my team of PSO2 :P!

Plus if they go with Co-op I hope the random events are still there during Co-op story missions.Making decisions about what to do.

I.E You have to go to the ship wreck but then a person needs to be rescued leading into another plot