PDA

View Full Version : PS3 recent hacking

AnonymousHat00
Apr 27, 2011, 05:25 PM
yea i heard from my friends that have PS3's that the network has gotten hacked by someone in an attempt to get credit card information. now i know that MOST of you have xbox's but i would like to know the likelyhood of xbox getting hacked next and if i ahould consider removing my credit card information in advance?:-?

AnonymousHat00
Apr 27, 2011, 05:32 PM
Nope. You can only have your information stolen if someone phished your account, and that only happens if you are stupid.

Microsoft's servers are generally well protected, since they actually do a good job with encryption and other security things I don't know about.

well I was also told that the xbox's encryption are pretty much the same as the PS3's, and that they also have a really good security for their network as well.:-?

Akaimizu
Apr 27, 2011, 05:52 PM
The Xbox has a very different infrastructure for this kind of stuff. They've had a lot of years of prior experience for this stuff. A lot of years. Not to mention, being a company that has had to deal with the largest target of hacking in the entire world. If there's one thing they have had practice with, it's security.

Dragwind
Apr 28, 2011, 05:53 AM
I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Powder Keg
Apr 28, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm hearing Sony's information that was stored/sent may not have even been encrypted. We'll probably hear more on that later. Best you can do if you had any CC information through PSN is to check your account(s) and credit.

I sincerely doubt this will ever happen to XBL....Microsoft, love 'em or hate 'em, takes this stuff a lot more seriously.

SnowfoxZero
Apr 29, 2011, 04:31 AM
You heard wrong, and no.

Powder Keg
Apr 29, 2011, 06:20 AM
Oh, let me guess.....you are responsible for this fiasco. :roll:

:lol: