PDA

View Full Version : Character Customization

Pages : [1] 2

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
All your wants,not wants,speculations on PSO2's Character creator.
Plus we really needed a concentrated thread on this.
I want PSU and PSO type styling clothing,for the new and the old.But please not the Space hippies.I was thinking more like some one the clothing in Star Ocean 4.I would upload pictures of idea,but I am currently working on my scrapbook so I really can't.But please feel free to ay what you want(and no cussing and flaming,debates exceptional).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89_Tg1ggRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKuoBG03q4o

Props and thanks to RemiusTA

http://i52.tinypic.com/122gi29.png

Nice find Kierto =D and as always THANKS. I wish I could update as VERSION 3.00 or something

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 09:42 PM
I want to be able to edit EVERYTHING about my character, but I want the design to be forced to stay within a certain look, if that makes any sense.

My biggest deal is that I hope they'll include the ability to change all the parts of your clothes, and their colors. I really hope it doesn't go the PSO route and offer nothing but a palette change, but I really doubt that will be the case.

Also, I wouldn't mind if they left the entire voice feature out this time.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 09:44 PM
Also, I wouldn't mind if they left the entire voice feature out this time.

No voices? That will just sound awkward to me, I'd at least like grunts, maybe not actual words though.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:46 PM
A thread about the character creation system, yet you mention nothing other than clothing?

What are you actually asking here?

My bad,but I see nothing wrong with the character models,Sega always does a good job with them

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hmm...

/looks at my own PSU influenced artwork...

/realizes I hate looking at my old work...

/shows it anyway

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/358/9/3/noisehero_enix_station_by_noisehero-d35lexb.png

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hmm...

/looks at my own PSU influenced artwork...

/realizes I hate looking at my old work...

/shows it anyway

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/358/9/3/noisehero_enix_station_by_noisehero-d35lexb.png

It's not about how it looks,it's about the artist compassion for his work.Plus it looks nice =D

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
No voices? That will just sound awkward to me, I'd at least like grunts, maybe not actual words though.

Some voices would be alright, but in PSU, when you would be using a certain attack over and over, hearing that same stupid grunt would get sooo annoying. Didn't have to put up with that in PSO, and that was good. It also didn't help, that every voice in that game was ridiculously awful sounding to begin with.

So I say they should just leave it out, unless they can do it perfect, which is unlikely. I didn't hear any voices in the trailer, so I hope it stays that way.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:50 PM
More shit that doesn't make sense. Stop that.

And stop swearing,seriously.Treat me how others would want to treat you

yoshiblue
Apr 27, 2011, 09:53 PM
Meet Amy Rose was it not Phones?

Would be funny if they did away with grunts and had a whole array of preset voice actors with talking cutscenes.

To modify my dood feet and hands? To alter The waist and shoulders separately? To adjust thy jaw,chin,nose,eyes, forehead, and lips?

Zyrusticae
Apr 27, 2011, 09:53 PM
Take everything from PSU.

Add:
- Muscle definition control
- Control over individual colors on clothing/armor (ala Champions Online)
- More clothing "slots" (rather than just top, bottom, shoes, headwear - add, for example, belt, hands, jewelry slots. One-piece outfits are acceptable but far from ideal)
- More control over shape, both body and face (let us make non-pear-shaped wimminz and barrel-chested guys! See, for example, EVE Online)
- Scars, tattoos, piercings!

Also, related to customization indirectly: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't have crazy variance in boob size across multiple outfits. That just reeks of carelessness, not to mention is seriously annoying when you have one size in mind and switching to an outfit completely changes it. BLAH!

The standards have changed considerably since the release of PSU. Since then, in the customization department, we've had APB, Aion, Champions Online, EVE Online, and even Soul Calibur 4 stepping up to the plate and delivering obscenely detailed customization options far surpassing even PSU's gamut of options.

If PSO 2 is to be a success, it must, at the very least, keep up with the competition - if not surpass them outright.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 09:54 PM
The japanese voices in PSU were better...but only because the english ones were badly done...

Of course at the same time I like the english ones to some extent because a few voice had some funny sounding words. Even though they could only be used in the My Room channels.

Oh and it was Alice Rose; Amy rose is from sonic... @_@/

yoshiblue
Apr 27, 2011, 09:55 PM
I guess it was to keep people from making Mayas

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 09:55 PM

Add:
- More clothing "slots" (rather than just top, bottom, shoes, headwear - add, for example, belt, hands, jewelry slots. One-piece outfits are acceptable but far from ideal)
- More control over shape, both body and face (let us make non-pear-shaped wimminz and barrel-chested guys! See, for example, EVE Online)

Also, related to customization indirectly: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't have crazy variance in boob size across multiple outfits. That just reeks of carelessness, not to mention is seriously annoying when you have one size in mind and switching to an outfit completely changes it. BLAH!

The standards have changed considerably since the release of PSU. Since then, in the customization department, we've had APB, Aion, Champions Online, EVE Online, and even Soul Calibur 4 stepping up to the plate and delivering obscenely detailed customization options far surpassing even PSU's gamut of options.

If PSO 2 is to be a success, it must, at the very least, keep up with the competition - if not surpass them outright.

Scars and tattoos would be sick!Or what if they do the fable thing and everytime you get beat up you get scars on your armor and suit?...Nah.
Soul caliburs customization was ahead of it's time,like Soul calibur 3

yoshiblue
Apr 27, 2011, 09:56 PM
Dood changed his title! Hacks! lol

Edit: @Michaeru: Ah, my mistake then lol

I wonder if they will add the original suits from PSO.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
The japanese voices in PSU were better...but only because the english ones were badly done...

Join a party filled with Techers with the same voice selection like I once did.

More annoying than you can imagine.

yoshiblue
Apr 27, 2011, 10:03 PM
More annoying in monster hunter

Zyrusticae
Apr 27, 2011, 10:05 PM
I wonder if they will add the original suits from PSO.
100% chance of this.

They did it with PSU, why wouldn't they do it with the proper sequel? It's inevitable.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 10:06 PM
They'd probably add some outfits from PSU as well...

Though if newer ones are better, I can't picture myself wearing anything other than the classic braves jacket, as usual. Assuming theres not something better looking that doesn't show man-belly button

yoshiblue
Apr 27, 2011, 10:12 PM
Would be solved if they had had clothing customization.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 10:14 PM
Would be solved if they had had clothing customization.

I wouldn't be able to complain about this in any way shape or form...

But the thought of it just sounds like wishful thinking.

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 10:17 PM
Well, APB had some serious clothing customization. If they take some cues from APB, they could really have something amazing.

Jinketsu
Apr 27, 2011, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the same Creation methods as there was in PSU.

Though I wouldn't mind a little extra characterization, like a better thin-to-fat and lean-to-muscles ratio and a plethora of hairstyles.

yoshiblue
Apr 27, 2011, 10:29 PM
Skinny body, Thunder Thighs!!!

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 10:30 PM
It needs to be upgraded a GREAT deal from PSU for me to be satisfied. I mean, PSU was pretty good with customization, but I want PSO2 to blow it away.

Jinketsu
Apr 27, 2011, 10:30 PM
Cover her in blue, and you've got Chun Li!

yoshiblue
Apr 27, 2011, 10:36 PM
That made me lol even harder.

Itoshi
Apr 27, 2011, 10:55 PM
Well, APB had some serious clothing customization. If they take some cues from APB, they could really have something amazing.

Right on! That customization was amazing.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 10:56 PM
I was thinking Saints Row but I never played APB

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 10:57 PM
Lol Saints Row's is absolute garbage compared to APB's.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 10:59 PM
Like I said,never played,can't judge

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 11:04 PM
Go check it on youtube, or something.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 11:16 PM
I seen it,just reminds me of SR except MMO :P!Looks cool though

Malachite
Apr 27, 2011, 11:17 PM
Well, not so much the gameplay, IMO the game itself pretty bad lol. Customization wise, though, it's probably the best game out there right now.

SephirothXer0
Apr 27, 2011, 11:44 PM
I hope they add better color sliders this time. The sliders in PSP2 were all dull and washed out colors, you could never get it to something like lemon yellow or fire red. It was always a kind of puke yellow or a dark pink.

BIG OLAF
Apr 27, 2011, 11:51 PM
Yes, I want ridiculous amounts of customization. Way more than even PSU/P2/I offered (which was a lot). If we're going back to PSO's complete and utter lack of visual customization outside of picking a cheesy color pallet swap, then fuck PSO2. Fuck it with a cattle prod. This is 2011, there is absolutely no excuse not to have at least basic customization, such as different outfits, hairstyles, accessories, and coloration options for all of it.

That's about all I have to say, really.

EDIT:

I hope they add better color sliders this time. The sliders in PSP2 were all dull and washed out colors, you could never get it to something like lemon yellow or fire red. It was always a kind of puke yellow or a dark pink.

Wait, what?! All the colors in PSP2 were extremely bright and vivid. I don't know what game you were playing. My main character, Lilandra, has fire red hair right now. I've also given her ocean blue, lemon yellow, lime green, and everything. No dull, washed out colors.

SephirothXer0
Apr 28, 2011, 12:00 AM
Wait, what?! All the colors in PSP2 were extremely bright and vivid. I don't know what game you were playing. My main character, Lilandra, has fire red hair right now. I've also given her ocean blue, lemon yellow, lime green, and everything. No dull, washed out colors.

Yeah, well whenever I try to change the secondary color on my Cast it's nothing but dulled out pastel colors that don't match up with the main color at all.

Also, the color selections on the outfits in PSP2 were horrid. Give us a slider for those too, because Sega doesn't know how to pick any good ones out.

And what's up with Casts only having like 3 different robot heads (the different faces on the same head don't count) and then 200 human heads with different angled eyes or some crap like that? I wanted my robot samurai helmet back from PSO. Hell, PSP2 didn't even have as many heads as PSU. If I want to look like a human, I'll play as a human, not a robot.

Vashyron
Apr 28, 2011, 12:03 AM
Color selection for clothes like Casts had would be good.

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 12:04 AM
I think color selection WOULD be a million times more efficient than having to buy 10 of the same shirt, only to hate all of the colors but having to make due, like it was in PSU.

Ceresa
Apr 28, 2011, 12:07 AM
No more proportion changer thanks. Height, muscle, breasts, age sliders are fine, but fat fucks have no place in military organizations.

Zyrusticae
Apr 28, 2011, 12:10 AM
I beg to differ!

http://www.thelmagazine.com/images/blogimages/2010/04/21/1271861004-fat_soldier.jpg

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2011, 12:10 AM
Also, the color selections on the outfits in PSP2 were horrid. Give us a slider for those too, because Sega doesn't know how to pick any good ones out.

I agree with this. I've been saying it for years now. Sega is unbelievably bad at picking out pre-set colors for outfits. Pea green and pumpkin orange? Dark purple and lime green? Who the shit would wear that? It's atrocious. Some of them look good, but 80% of the pre-set color options look horrid.

I had the idea a while ago that players buy an outfit "style" from a tailor shop (or find "rare" styles in missions), and then maybe use dyes and accessories that they can buy elsewhere (or find "rare" colors, like chrome, gold, glow-in-the-dark, etc., in missions). Then, they can apply the dyes on different parts of the outfit, a la Fable. It would make for extremely deep clothing customization, and keep most everyone looking unique.

It would be a lot better that way, I think.

SephirothXer0
Apr 28, 2011, 12:12 AM
No more proportion changer thanks. Height, muscle, breasts, age sliders are fine, but fat fucks have no place in military organizations.

I guess they should take out the height slider too, because there's a height requirement in the military. Skinny teenagers and little girls also have no place in a military organization. Don't be a stick in the mud, it's nice to see some variety other than J-Rock stars and loli girls.

NoiseHERO

This is a really questionable opinion. o_o;

Malachite
I'm diggin' that whole idea, Olaf.

rezakon
Apr 28, 2011, 12:44 AM
I guess they should take out the height slider too, because there's a height requirement in the military. Skinny teenagers and little girls also have no place in a military organization. Don't be a stick in the mud, it's nice to see some variety other than J-Rock stars and loli girls.

I'd beat them into the ground if they removed height :-x

My casts have always been miniature by design, oh I would flip out if it happened.

I personally agree with the sentiment on the color selection, need more choice!

AzureBlaze
Apr 28, 2011, 01:46 AM
Stuff I'd love to see/things that have been complained before by others!

- Better body sliders: I will bet we get these. Everyone seems to agree here that the people were a bit too generic in PSU. "Slim...ish" was about all you could do with anyone. Also the stupid costume that changes your guy or girl. How about that 1 m/beast outfit which turns you into the hulk? HILARIOUS. Instead of that, just let people hulk out with the body slider like you could do on PSO.

- Girls Choices: Yes female character people would like to look badazz. Everyone should not have to 'show all the skin' or look like a prancing fairy as the only 2 choices despite having 100s of outfits. Throw people a bone here. Also changing their body to fit the clothes was dumb. The 'boobs outfits' and there were pants & I think a shirt that made you anorexic if you wore it.

- Get AWAY from the '1 piece outfits': INF really started down this unhappy trail with suits you couldn't re-combine. All the new ones they dished out were 1 pc., for the most part. If I hate the pants, at least let me change them out while keeping the shirt. It's not a good direction to go in.

- About 1 gazillion Cast heads: Yes a zillion. Metalfaces. Plastic faces. Bring back all of the old PSO heads, bring back the popular PSU heads, let RAc & HUc heads go on anycast, plus add way more heads. DONT just bring back "Anything an NPC had" like all that Elenor jazz, bring it ALL back. That eyeless long blocky RAc head was just amazing in PSO and we never saw it again. I actually didn't like the idea of plastic faces at first, but I do now. I love unnatural skin colors. I had it "strangled corpse blue/white" with solid yellow eyes.

-Less silly stuff or make it rare or something: people complained about fighting in a bath towel or prancing in a thong. Yes the line sheild system totally justified it with the plot / that doing such things in a bikini was just as safe as a full military suit but...atmosphere? I don't know. Gags and gimmicks seemed to take over. Jokes are cool, but don't turn everything into a joke.

-Color sliders everywhere you turn!
Let people pick the color of everything and complaints go away.

-STANCES:
This one is new. Let people pick the STANCE their guy stands in when at rest. It's akin to gesture hotkeys and may go along with the ability to taunt while on the field. Make it easy to change too so you could seem gloomy sometimes or happy or wicked. Not a big deal, but I'd be real curious to see it.

-Voices:
Get rid of them. They never work well, worded or not. Hearing 'hot stuff comin ur way hot stuff comin ur way hot stuff comin ur way!!!' 10 billion times a mission in any language is just a bad move. These things are meant to be played for hours, you will hear ANYthing a squillion times and even if it's not annoying at first, it gets that way. In before 'and localization will never ever do a good job and everyone knows it' OR if you do voices, have the ps0 option of 'turn the damn thing off'.

In general, customization (of looks & stats) should rule over all, because the more that people can customize, the less they'll complain.

Malachite
Apr 28, 2011, 01:50 AM
How about the ability to build your own cast head?

SephirothXer0
Apr 28, 2011, 01:56 AM

Or using multiple parts at the same time? What if I want to use those floating shields from one arm set with the shoulders on a different one?

I'd really like to have accessories that every race can use like scarves, hats, belts, armor pieces, etc.

rezakon
Apr 28, 2011, 01:58 AM

I wish but I can see all the gundams now ^_^

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 08:09 AM

Add:

This pretty much explains everything I want, and a little more

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 11:33 AM
Reposting this here due to relevance.

I feel like a dick for not seeing this up until NOW. But of course I'm going to jump straight into character customization.

It looks like this game does have some of it so far, seeing as how the art for the outfits, the clothes the characters are wearing in the screenshots, and the clothes the characters people are wearing in the gameplay are ALL different.

Also in the concept art the default "Ramar" is a black guy. :OOO (even though he has the racist lips....I don't wanna imply that I think it'd lead to them caring about their US and EU fans but...hahahaaaaaaa...)

Also yeah my pc was lagging so I saw a lot of the action clearly, and noticed that blocking as well.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 28, 2011, 11:36 AM
A black guy who uses guns...

I see nothing wrong here. Could have been worse.

SephirothXer0
Apr 28, 2011, 11:37 AM
Reposting this here due to relevance.

Why's it gotta be the black guy with the gun, huh? Huh?? lol

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 11:37 AM
He could be holding it sideways

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 11:38 AM
Why does he white guy have to lead the party?! Tell me that!! *lol*

Hrith
Apr 28, 2011, 11:40 AM
beltcan't save the world without them ;o

ARChan
Apr 28, 2011, 12:26 PM
What I'd like to have is the ability to tone the muscles on different parts of the body. Wouldn't it be interesting? I mean, PSO's HUmar had a different look to it. Why not do something like that? It'd be nice to have something like a normal left arm and a ginormous right arm like... uh... Nightmare from Soul Calibur. Yes, this means I support the small boob-big boob thing. I mean, seriously. Whose boobs are perfectly replicated? It'd also allow people to make Orc-like figures :P

Aumi
Apr 28, 2011, 12:26 PM

Add:

This sounds good. I love me some character customization!

Oh, and they ought to add the ability to change between the English and Japanese voices in the localized version, as I tend to despise the English ones.

RemiusTA
Apr 28, 2011, 12:29 PM

This was so annoying. If you're gonna make an outfit, make it adhere to the proportions i chose, please.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 28, 2011, 12:46 PM
Judgment Coat from PSP2 comes to mind. No matter how muscular/skinny your character was, once you donned that Coat, you were left with a twig for a right arm.

Tyreek
Apr 28, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'll leave this simply as: More fleshed out and customizable than PSU, from body, to hair, to accents, to clothes.

Corey Blue
Apr 28, 2011, 12:59 PM
I hope they have my low cut.

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 01:02 PM
After watching the video again, seems like they were only different characters with different colored outfits in general...

So basically it's starting to look exaclty PSO (back to ground one) in terms of the character customization.

So yeah back to being paranoid for me.

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
After watching the video again, seems like they were only different characters with different colored outfits in general...

So basically it's starting to look exaclty PSO (back to ground one) in terms of the character customization.

So yeah back to being paranoid for me.

Remember, that trailer was meant specifically to show gameplay, graphics, and really nothing else. I'm sure they'll be showing more and more features, including customization, etc. at later dates.

Corey Blue
Apr 28, 2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah so calm that ass down lmao

Crystal_Shard
Apr 28, 2011, 09:18 PM
Judgment Coat from PSP2 comes to mind. No matter how muscular/skinny your character was, once you donned that Coat, you were left with a twig for a right arm.

Don't forget that both the Beast Male default outfits would cause sudden cancerous muscle growth, and the Nacht Lotus (+ various EVA cosplay plugsuits) would force your character to become an anorexic.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
Don't forget that both the Beast Male default outfits would cause sudden cancerous muscle growth, and the Nacht Lotus (+ various EVA cosplay plugsuits) would force your character to become an anorexic.

Don't remind me.....Those were dark days man. I hope they make the face more......Detailed in customization.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 05:24 PM
I felt like this thread needed a revival.

Um... I want a ninja mask

SephirothXer0
May 11, 2011, 05:32 PM
I'd like more than two color options.

And no more one-piece outfits. It's just annoying to see a really cool part you that would look good on your character, only to find out it's stuck to the rest of the outfit.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 06:36 PM
I think they need to have as many customization options (or close to it ) as they did in the PSU games (PSU/AOTI PSP/2/I ).

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 07:39 PM
I think they need to have as many customization options (or close to it ) as they did in the PSU games (PSU/AOTI PSP/2/I ).

Yes, of course. I don't think SEGA is dumb enough to go back in time to 2001, where there was zero customization outside of a color pallet swap. It'll have PSU's customization at least, but probably more so.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 07:55 PM
Yes, of course. I don't think SEGA is dumb enough to go back in time to 2001, where there was zero customization outside of a color pallet swap. It'll have PSU's customization at least, but probably more so.
Well if it has too many it definetly won't be on any consoles so I think it will be fairly close to the amount seen in PSP2I. However if it's going to be PC only they might just allow you to take a picture of you and base your character off of that.

Wayu
May 11, 2011, 08:10 PM
The more customization freedom I have the more I like the game.

Sorry, PSO purists.

-Wayu

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 08:15 PM
Still if you could take a picture of your face using a webcam and use the features from that to design your face it would be a very nice feature.

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 08:17 PM
The more customization freedom I have the more I like the game.

Well, that's exactly how I feel. If PSO2 has no customization, I won't be buying it. So, obviously I'm serious when I say it should have at least PSU's degree of customization.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 08:22 PM
Well, that's exactly how I feel. If PSO2 has no customization, I won't be buying it. So, obviously I'm serious when I say it should have at least PSU's degree of customization.

I'll probably buy it anyway...but I'll go crazy pretty quickly if we only have PSO's level of customization... Just because they wanted to please PSO fans so badly that it included downgrading or taking out things in PSU they did RIGHT.

But his last interview even says we've only seen a small piece of the big picture, and that we should heighten our expectations or something...I'm gonna hope that still means theres nothing to worry about...

Malachite
May 11, 2011, 08:27 PM
Still if you could take a picture of your face using a webcam and use the features from that to design your face it would be a very nice feature.

That... would not work at all. Seeing as anime faces look almost nothing like actual human faces.

Nitro Vordex
May 11, 2011, 08:28 PM
How's it hanging, Uncanny valley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_Valley).

Who the hell are these PSO purists, anyway? I haven't seen anybody say "OH I ONLY WANT 5 COLORS OF THE SAME OUTFIT BECAUSE I'M DULL". By no means am I a purist, I know what was wrong with PSO. Still wearing those rose tinted goggles, but I manage to take them off and have a discussion. All y'all need to get off our dicks about liking PSO.

"Sorry, PSU lovers. We don't want furries and bikinis in our games." Not very nice, is it?

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 09:00 PM
How's it hanging, Uncanny valley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_Valley).

Who the hell are these PSO purists, anyway? I haven't seen anybody say "OH I ONLY WANT 5 COLORS OF THE SAME OUTFIT BECAUSE I'M DULL". By no means am I a purist, I know what was wrong with PSO. Still wearing those rose tinted goggles, but I manage to take them off and have a discussion. All y'all need to get off our dicks about liking PSO.

"Sorry, PSU lovers. We don't want furries and bikinis in our games." Not very nice, is it?
I was meaning take a picture and use it to create a face that looks similar to yours or use it to select the closest facial features available.

Wayu
May 11, 2011, 09:01 PM
PSO purists =/= people who like PSO, basically all of us

PSO purists = everything PSO and nothing more
^
There's actually quite a few of these.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 09:09 PM

^

-Wayu

and to add...

I'm sure you'll never find anything near what one could consider a "PSU purist" Even if personally, I'd still say there was plently of things PSU did do right to still make it better than PSO including age...

RenzokukenZ
May 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
Translated piece from the interview, courtesy of le blog.

And within the promo movie, new costumes were drawn in PSO’s likeness. We aimed at having a new setting coexisting with some PSO nostalgia. Now certainly there will be character creation. All the characters you saw in the screenshots were made in Character Creation. Because recent online games have you create characters even to the finest detail, we are working hard here too.

As I said somewhere else, no palette swaps for us!

Randomness
May 11, 2011, 10:16 PM
Dream char customization: Easy to use custom model making tool. Not that it'd ever happen, but... (And there'd be some serious maturity issues on most outcomes I bet)

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 10:22 PM
As I said somewhere else, no palette swaps for us!

http://data.boomerang.nl/e/elmiro/image/hallelujah/large/hallelujah.jpg

Tetsaru
May 12, 2011, 05:01 PM
Here's some ideas for what I'd want for PSO2's character customization:

The ability to adjust every anatomical aspect of your character. White Knight Chronicles did very well with this:

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMb6yOQ-kqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9urcoAnAxA&feature=related
[/spoiler-box]

But yeah, anything from facial shape, muscle/fat, posture, hairstyle, boob size, skin tone, the works.

Be able to choose different animations and emotes for your character, from how they swing their weapons around, to how they run, to how they wave hello. Preferably though, no "nanoblast" animations or anything that made your character look like they were humping someone... :nono:

Tons of different clothing/parts options, but also have the ability to make your own.

Be able to create your own tattoos or decals to put on your character or his/her clothing. Also, be able to use the same decals for your equipment and MAG's.

Have both RGB/Gamma/Brightness sliders for all colors of an outfit, skin tones, eye color, etc., as well as a large selection of color swatches for people who want to keep things simple.

Different types of voices. Perhaps something more robotic-sounding for Casts as well.

If SUV's or something similar is brought back for Casts, instead of always summoning weaponry, why not build some of it into your character itself? It could be something as elaborate as Transformers or Gundam-esque stuff, or for more humanoid-looking Casts, something prosthetic like in Ghost in the Shell-type stuff. Also, I'd joygasm if Casts used actual booster engines of sorts while dashing, jumping, or performing other similar maneuvers. :D

Optional accessories, such as glasses, watches, scarves, capes, jackets, stockings, gloves, hats, jewelry, piercings, tattoos, scars, masks, bandages, buckles, belts, medals, patches, emblems, insignias, logos, etc.

Vashyron
May 12, 2011, 05:18 PM
White Knight Chronicles eh?

Gib Incorruptus Special. :v

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2011, 05:22 PM
Here's some ideas for what I'd want for PSO2's character customization:

The ability to adjust every anatomical aspect of your character. White Knight Chronicles did very well with this:

[spoiler-box]
YouTube - White Knight Chronicles Walkthrough : Part 1 : Character Creation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMb6yOQ-kqk)
YouTube - White Knight Chronicles Walkthrough : Part 2 : Character Creation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9urcoAnAxA&feature=related)
[/spoiler-box]

But yeah, anything from facial shape, muscle/fat, posture, hairstyle, boob size, skin tone, the works.

Be able to choose different animations and emotes for your character, from how they swing their weapons around, to how they run, to how they wave hello. Preferably though, no "nanoblast" animations or anything that made your character look like they were humping someone... :nono:

Tons of different clothing/parts options, but also have the ability to make your own.

Be able to create your own tattoos or decals to put on your character or his/her clothing. Also, be able to use the same decals for your equipment and MAG's.

Have both RGB/Gamma/Brightness sliders for all colors of an outfit, skin tones, eye color, etc., as well as a large selection of color swatches for people who want to keep things simple.

Different types of voices. Perhaps something more robotic-sounding for Casts as well.

If SUV's or something similar is brought back for Casts, instead of always summoning weaponry, why not build some of it into your character itself? It could be something as elaborate as Transformers or Gundam-esque stuff, or for more humanoid-looking Casts, something prosthetic like in Ghost in the Shell-type stuff. Also, I'd joygasm if Casts used actual booster engines of sorts while dashing, jumping, or performing other similar maneuvers. :D

Optional accessories, such as glasses, watches, scarves, capes, jackets, stockings, gloves, hats, jewelry, piercings, tattoos, scars, masks, bandages, buckles, belts, medals, patches, emblems, insignias, logos, etc.

If we can do all this, hopefully we'll get a LOT more than 4 slots. ;o;

@ Bold: this is something I wish PSU had especially, just because I hated all of the running and standing animations.

I remember I thought it was genius when graffiti kingdom had it, and I had all of my characters walk like yakuza grunts.

ARASHIKAGE
May 12, 2011, 05:41 PM
@Tetsaru very cool video, I've heard of that game but that's the first I've seen of it.

I used to be a fan of Wrestling games and the character creation system. I'd like to see options for; face-paint, scars, make-up, tattoos, hats and masks. Some sort of create your own tattoo or paint on symbol for armor, would be cool also.

Edit: The recent video shows perfect faces, call me weird but I like my character to look roughed up a bit. Hopefully there's more to come on character design info.

Ziggurat1986
May 12, 2011, 11:29 PM
I wanted (and to an extent still want) the character creation system to remain as it was in PSU simply because I love the possibilities and PSU's system offered more of such.

However, if the character creation system where to turn out to be as it was in the first PSO I have the feeling I would not be as disappointed as I think I would.

Reason being, no matter what system is picked, the results will inevitably be the same. One particular look is going to be deemed cool and spammed by the masses.

Seth Astra
May 12, 2011, 11:58 PM
I said a shorter version of this a LOOOOOONG time ago on the "What do you want for PSO2?" thread, but here's one random thought:

Fully customizable face-paint/scars. You'd have basic elements, which you could then move around, resize, and combine to your liking. Additionally, there'd be a sort of "mirror" option, which makes one or all elements appear in identicle spots on opposite sides of the character's face. Also, more completed patterns, for those with less creativity/patience.

Sord
May 13, 2011, 12:00 AM
I was more or less satisfied with the actual system (even if not the actual aesthetic) of PSU. Basically I'd just want that plus more. Like others have said, getting as detailed as individual limbs or setting color pallets for individual pieces of clothing would be great. Voices were fine the way they were, face building would also be welcome.

Nitro Vordex
May 13, 2011, 12:01 AM

^

-Wayu
You'll have to point them out, because as far as I've seen, I haven't seen any tunnel vision PSO people. If there are a lot of them they are probably disregarded anyway.

Mike
May 13, 2011, 12:06 AM
[spoiler-box]
YouTube - White Knight Chronicles Walkthrough : Part 1 : Character Creation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMb6yOQ-kqk)
YouTube - White Knight Chronicles Walkthrough : Part 2 : Character Creation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9urcoAnAxA&feature=related)
[/spoiler-box]

Don't forget the microtransaction item if you want to change some aspect of your character somewhere down the line!

Tetsaru
May 13, 2011, 02:52 AM
Don't forget the microtransaction item if you want to change some aspect of your character somewhere down the line!

Lol, screw that. I know WKC did that, but if you could change your character's look through in-game purchases in PSU, then PSO2 better do the same thing.

ISTesla
Jul 8, 2011, 12:44 PM
1: Toes, and a barefoot option for all races (sitting in the Neudaiz hot springs with sandals is funny but stupid)
2: Keep humans, CASTs, beasts and newmans.
3: Please oh please get rid of the ABSURDLY unnecessary censor filter PSU has. At least make it optional like WoW; filtering words like "beast", actual in-game terms and other silly little things based on context to the point it makes basic communication impossible, especially with the inconvenient typing system, is ridiculous. Oh wait, you can't say ridiculous.
4: Definitely more clothes and faces, and accents shouldn't be too specific to hair types, especially when you can't colour them.
5: I think hair should have a front and back section, both of which can change length / size.
6: Floodgates on spamming and animations / gestures (to sort out the retards from PSU who think spamming sit / stand somehow implies humping when in fact you look like you've got the clap)
7: Unrelated to customization but since GMs are never online to ban the spammers, racists, perverts and homophobes who plague PSU (seriously, they pay money to do that lol, how sad) let's have an auto-disconnect function for spammers who put the same message too frequently or enter messages too fast. (also if there's an Xbox 360 release PLEASE let the chatpad work this time)
8: As someone else said, scars / tattoos and maybe hair highlights.
9: Absolutely more slots for clothing. Hat / Belt / Gloves / Shirt / Trousers / Footwear / Jewellery / Underwear / etc.
10: Not so many servers, seriously Sega you overestimated your popularity in PSU; not enough people play it to warrant so many unused servers. That's why the subscription was so stupidly high; the wasted server costs must be astronomical.
11: Please don't include those bloody annoying Rappy suits.
12: Finally, customizable weapon colours / shapes / etc.

Not that Sonic Team will listen since they're too busy rolling in money from Nintendo's pocket, but if these ideas had been implemented in PSU, more people would play it and the subscription wouldn't be so high. Everyone wins.

Angelo
Jul 8, 2011, 12:58 PM
I want the clothing slots like PSU had, but according to one of the comments that was made by Sakai about your equipment effecting your appearance, it's not likely.

I don't like having my gear limit my appearance.

I'd like some of the options that All Points Bulletin has, like hair sliders and scar options. Muscle and Weight sliders.

Maybe even the option to choose how you 'carry yourself' when idle, like DC Universe did.

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 02:21 PM
Make PSO2 more like RL PLOX

I see

•Col•
Jul 8, 2011, 03:55 PM
Make PSO2 like RL......?

So... Don't let you choose any of your character's looks or race/sex? And the only way to change your sex/characteristics is to spend millions of Meseta. :D

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2011, 05:52 PM
Reason being, no matter what system is picked, the results will inevitably be the same. One particular look is going to be deemed cool and spammed by the masses.
Wow.

Just...

What?

What in the world are you basing this off of? This is so completely, utterly counter to my experience I can only stare in disbelief that someone actually, seriously wrote it believing it to be true. :-o

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2011, 06:12 PM
Everyone has a different sense of what "looks good", so there won't be one particular style being "spammed by the masses."

I mean, sure, in PSU a lot of people wear Illuminus Coats, Voloyal Sets, and all that stuff. But that's mostly because they couldn't think of a good original outfit to save their lives. Personally, I switch between a plethora of different clothing, and don't just keep one outfit on all the time. That's boring as sin.

Tetsaru
Jul 8, 2011, 06:25 PM
Wow.

Just...

What?

What in the world are you basing this off of? This is so completely, utterly counter to my experience I can only stare in disbelief that someone actually, seriously wrote it believing it to be true. :-o

Ehh, I dunno... it'll probably start off that way, and then later, there will end up being "fads" or "trends" once new clothing options come out. I remember on PSU, when the Evors Arms part first came out (the ones with the bigass shoulder wings), I saw a bunch of male Casts running around the Colony pretending they were airplanes and spaceships, lol... Lot of people got the old PSO outfits and Voloyal uniforms when they first came out too.

Similar things happen in games where your appearance changes based on what gear you have equipped. I see lots of people running around in Dodore Doublets on FFXIV because it's one of the best crafting outfits in the game right now. You have to kill a notorious monster to get some of the materials to make it (or just buy one someone put up for sale), but that's not much different than having to hunt down Igg Crowns to trade in for a GUARDIANS Formal outfit or something, and I've seen a fair amount of people on PSU wearing them (at least when I was on).

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2011, 08:17 PM
Yes, but people wearing the same clothing is not at all the same thing as people making themselves look the same given hugely extensive customization tools.

Saying that it'd be okay if we degressed to PSO-level customization because people like to wear new stuff because it's new is completely and utterly... no, I have nothing nice to say about that. Examine that logic for a minute! Just look at it!

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2011, 08:22 PM
Yes, but people wearing the same clothing is not at all the same thing as people making themselves look the same given hugely extensive customization tools.

Saying that it'd be okay if we degressed to PSO-level customization because people like to wear new stuff because it's new is completely and utterly... no, I have nothing nice to say about that. Examine that logic for a minute! Just look at it!

If we regress to PSO customization (color pallet swap and hat/headgear selection), then I'll be passing on PSO2. I expect a vast selection of customization tools, since it is 2011, not 2001. Hopefully one so vast that no two characters will look exactly the same....but I doubt the last bit.

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2011, 08:28 PM
Aion has quite successfully managed to attain a level of customization where no two characters look exactly alike except in the (depressing) cases where players just take presets and make no changes. And that's just player laziness, not a fault of the tools.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 8, 2011, 08:31 PM
Don't blame the tools, blame the utterly unoriginal 14 year olds who make sephiroths and clouds. And every character from every anime ever.

I'm not completely innocent of this, either. I attempted to make this guy:
[spoiler-box]http://images.wikia.com/blazblue/images/2/28/TagerCSArt.png[/spoiler-box]

Results were satisfactory.

Mimo
Jul 8, 2011, 08:50 PM
-I would like to see more variety of undergarment options. Including the tanktop/shorts in PSU it would be neat if they gave us the option to use panties/boxers/garterbelts/boyshorts etc. Kinda like in JP PSU where people use the bikini to pass off as underwear while wearing a skirt. Though this would probably only work for fluid clothing and not so much of the armor based outfits we're seeing so far. s:

-If they decide to keep the human heads/bodies for Casts, then I'd like to see more darker skin tone colors. ^^ I always wanted a male cast that had Magashi's skin color..

-When choosing a helmet for the Cast, I think they should give option for eye color like they did in PSU, but also the option to make the eye shield/visor clear so that the Cast's human eye area is visible. (for those who wish it to be a meatbag inside the armor/parts)

-More outfits for male casts and no silly looking ones where people say you have barrels for legs or you look like a lamp post! More cuter/cooler proper outfits for young looking casts.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2011, 09:03 PM
Aion has quite successfully managed to attain a level of customization where no two characters look exactly alike except in the (depressing) cases where players just take presets and make no changes. And that's just player laziness, not a fault of the tools.

Don't blame the tools, blame the utterly unoriginal 14 year olds who make sephiroths and clouds. And every character from every anime ever.

Yup. I've seen plenty of unoriginality and/or laziness in PSU alone. It makes me sad. It's really not that hard to make a decent looking character. A few minutes worth of effort goes a long way, but they apparently can't even spare that...

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2011, 09:17 PM
Customization has to be better than PSU's even only a little bit is fine for me...

No gender/race locked classes like PSO I don't care if they go through EVERY combination. DON'T DO IT SAKAI!!

Hairstyles that match races OTHER than asian people that want to be white people.(Seriously on this one.)

CLOTHES THAT DON'T SUCK, PSU was awesome because you could wear whatever you want. But it was a pain having to go through a LOT of crap just to make something that looks decent that nobody else wasn't already wearing. If theres more than a FEW things that look good, than everyone can look original AND be happy with their characters...

Of course there will always be color blind people that like fighting the fashion police that just dress like complete space clowns-MY GOD WHAT AM I TYPING

RenzokukenZ
Jul 8, 2011, 09:19 PM
Speaking of which, the dev member who revealed the shots of the RAmarl and RAcast was also going to reveal a shot of the Character Creation screen, but Sakai told her not to.

From le blog:

Speaking of PSO2, in that email she sent, apparently Bonkohara wanted to show the “Character Make” screen but Sakai said no, that feature can’t be shown until ______. (Yes she censored it.)

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2011, 09:20 PM
Speaking of which, the dev member who revealed the shots of the RAmarl and RAcast was also going to reveal a shot of the Character Creation screen, but Sakai told her not to.

From le blog:

WHERE ARE YOU SAKAI!!!

STOP HIDING!!!

SHOW YOURSELF!!!!

RemiusTA
Jul 8, 2011, 09:34 PM
Speaking of PSO2, in that email she sent, apparently Bonkohara wanted to show the “Character Make” screen but Sakai said no, that feature can’t be shown until ______. (Yes she censored it.) Fucking trolls, oh my god is she serious

If she's going to blank out a date/time/when, or even the amount of words she blanked out then there is absolutely no reason to even mention it at all other than trolling everybody.

I'm not completely innocent of this, either. I attempted to make this guy:
[spoiler-box]http://images.wikia.com/blazblue/images/2/28/TagerCSArt.png[/spoiler-box]

Results were satisfactory.

Tager is awesome. You aren't allowed to screw up such an awesome character.

Angelo
Jul 8, 2011, 10:18 PM
Games like Aion are really setting a standard for things like this. I'm really expecting something on par with Aion but maybe a little more user friendly.

Hairstyles that match races OTHER than asian people that want to be white people.(Seriously on this one.)

You gettin' enough air trapped in that anglosphere? What a thing to say...

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2011, 10:35 PM
Games like Aion are really setting a standard for things like this. I'm really expecting something on par with Aion but maybe a little more user friendly.

You gettin' enough air trapped in that anglosphere? What a thing to say...

I DUNNO SEEING AS HOW MOST OF JAPANS POP CULTURE COMES FROM EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD THAT'S GENERALLY LED BY THE MEDIA STEALING FROM THE UNDERGROUND WORLD AND PLACING IT ON THEIR MODELS THAT FIT THE "MUST BE WHITE OR 90% OR RACIALLY AMBIGUOUS. THEN GETTING CONVERTED INTO THEIR ANIME AND MUSIC I'D ASSUME...

YEAH I'M NOT TAKING BACK WHAT I SAID.

But in all seriousness.

I'll be quiet when we get more than a badly shaped afro, and deformed "cornrolls." Outside of those theres like barely 1 hat you can wear to prevent yourself from looking like a ganguru cloud strife like most other ethnic people get stuck making their characters look like...

Nitro Vordex
Jul 8, 2011, 10:48 PM
Tager is awesome. You aren't allowed to screw up such an awesome character.
It ended up pretty well, actually. A couple things I wish I could have changed(See skin=RED), but otherwise it went pretty awesome. He was going to use nothing but Lightning element Knuckles.

RemiusTA
Jul 9, 2011, 12:16 AM
Do you people seriously think they would go from PSU and PSP2's customization system (which arguably made the game so bloody popular), to PSO2, a PC game with character models greatly surpassing both of them....and not allow true character customization?

I think the most limitation we're going to have is class-specific outfits. I dont mind them removing bikini's or rappy suits, because that sets the atmosphere of the game. It's perfectly fine for them to simply create more than one class outfit for each class.

Does anyone really remember PSO Ep1&2's character creation? Classes like Humar Hucast had pretty strict outfits, but classes like Hunewearl and Ramarl's model texturing allowed them to technically have completely different outfits. And while alot of them were "recolors", a very good amount of them were actually "retextures".

I'm willing to bet that we'll have a rather large pool of clothing for each class to wear, perhaps mixing and matching a few of them. We might even be able to alter those physics-controlled articles of clothing (which we havent had since PSO, thank god) as well.

I wouldn't be too worried, seriously. If they're going to mess anything up, its going to be with the combat system or gameplay content -- it wont be cosmetic, at least not dealing with the characters. That's too big a visual point for them to not be focusing on, especially when it worked so damn well with PSU and PSP2.

I DUNNO SEEING AS HOW MOST OF JAPANS POP CULTURE COMES FROM EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD THAT'S GENERALLY LED BY THE MEDIA STEALING FROM THE UNDERGROUND WORLD AND PLACING IT ON THEIR MODELS THAT FIT THE "MUST BE WHITE OR 90% OR RACIALLY AMBIGUOUS. THEN GETTING CONVERTED INTO THEIR ANIME AND MUSIC I'D ASSUME...

YEAH I'M NOT TAKING BACK WHAT I SAID.

But in all seriousness.

Trying to be white? Haha, hardly white, but i know what you're talking about. The Japanese are quick to take something and alter it, but about the only thing i've ever seen japan try to be "WHITE" with is giving their characters Blue eyes and Blonde Hair. Which is completely plasuable. Over here, blue eyed blondes are the polar opposite of "unique", but NOBODY over there is going to be born with Blue eyes or blonde hair. It just wont happen unless they're mixed, and i believe the asian genes will be dominate in most situations (especially against blonde hair or blue eyes.)

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2011, 12:28 AM
I dont mind them removing bikini's or rappy suits, because that sets the atmosphere of the game.

Oh, look. That again.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2011, 12:44 AM
Do you people seriously think they would go from PSU and PSP2's customization system (which arguably made the game so bloody popular), to PSO2, a PC game with character models greatly surpassing both of them....and not allow true character customization?

I know this is the typical excuse because it's sega... I sadly wouldn't be surprised. I'm not sure what sakai is thinking and far he's willing to go to bring in PSO nostalgia. and it DOES sound a little stupid to completely downgrade customization, But something about the way they're advertising the pure remix of the PSO outfits that just makes me paranoid and think: "Tell me there is REAL character customization in this game." Especially with the whole "PSU is NOT PSO, but PSO2 WILL BE A TRUE SEQUEL >D" mentality flying all over the place... @_@

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

edit: and I understand that rappy suits were god awful annoying but why must there be a reason to make bikini's evil? @_@

RemiusTA
Jul 9, 2011, 12:55 AM
Oh, look. That again.Look, PSP2i's popular character outfits made me fucking sick. There are so many of them, and yet they're all the same. I don't really mind what they do, but if a game takes its atmosphere seriously then the characters will not run around a parasitic-ancient-evil-infected spaceship wearing a bikini. They just won't. Joke weapons are one thing, but outfits are another.

Yeah, it's a very, very valid argument, for those who choose to use it. I don't care either way, but i wont be mad if they take a different route with the character outfit choices. PSU's storyline averted the whole "fighting in pajamas" thing with the lineshield concept actually modeled into the outfits, but that was COMPLETELY thrown out the window of designs by the time PSP2 trotted along. If PSO2 stays consistent with it, then i will not mind.

I know this is the typical excuse because it's sega... I sadly wouldn't be surprised. I'm not sure what sakai is thinking and far he's willing to go to bring in PSO nostalgia. and it DOES sound a little stupid to completely downgrade customization, But something about the way they're advertising the pure remix of the PSO outfits that just makes me paranoid and think: "Tell me there is REAL character customization in this game." Especially with the whole "PSU is NOT PSO, but PSO2 WILL BE A TRUE SEQUEL >D" mentality flying all over the place... @_@You have to remember, PSO's character customization features were indeed "unique" and "diverse" by the time the game was released. PSU and PSP2 only followed suit. They will not downgrade the character customization.

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2011, 01:10 AM
Look, PSP2i's popular character outfits made me fucking sick. There are so many of them, and yet they're all the same. I don't really mind what they do, but if a game takes its atmosphere seriously then the characters will not run around a parasitic-ancient-evil-infected spaceship wearing a bikini. They just won't. Joke weapons are one thing, but outfits are another.

Yeah, it's a very, very valid argument, for those who choose to use it. I don't care either way, but i wont be mad if they take a different route with the character outfit choices. PSU's storyline averted the whole "fighting in pajamas" thing with the lineshield concept actually modeled into the outfits, but that was COMPLETELY thrown out the window of designs by the time PSP2 trotted along. If PSO2 stays consistent with it, then i will not mind.

That's all well and good, but I find it bad ethic for a company to axe an entire type of outfit just because it doesn't "hold water" in the particular game world. It's a video game. It doesn't matter. Atmosphere is more or less an illusion that exists in the player's mind. That's all I have to say, considering that I'm pretty worn-out when it comes to debating the whole "super-serious military outfits only pl0x" thing. Bottom line is basically that one shouldn't dictate what should and shouldn't be in a game just because the game in question is "supposed" (in their opinion) to be taken and/or played a certain way.

Revy
Jul 9, 2011, 01:19 AM
I'm sure if the "unrealistic outfits" upsets some of you so much that it wouldn't be out of the question that could you just camp the role play servers.

RemiusTA
Jul 9, 2011, 02:00 AM
That's all well and good, but I find it bad ethic for a company to axe an entire type of outfit just because it doesn't "hold water" in the particular game world. It's a video game. It doesn't matter. Atmosphere is more or less an illusion that exists in the player's mind. That's all I have to say, considering that I'm pretty worn-out when it comes to debating the whole "super-serious military outfits only pl0x" thing. Bottom line is basically that one shouldn't dictate what should and shouldn't be in a game just because the game in question is "supposed" (in their opinion) to be taken and/or played a certain way.

Olaf...im sorry, but this is bullshit. No offense.

The best videogames and the best stories pretty much live by what you're saying is something that represents...bad ethic?

Atmosphere is a player illusion? You MUST be kidding me. A novel is composed entirely of text and atmosphere is still a very real and infinitely important concept to keep in mind. I mean, you seriously have to be kidding me. If Super Mario Brothers had a torture themed world in it, or mario ran around like a hillbilly with overalls and giant bloody steeltoe boots from all the goomba smashing then it would not be a game for all ages. If Pirates of the Caribbean had Jack Sparrow don Master Chief's spartan suit for one of his adventures, it would instantly destroy pretty much any kind of creditability the writers had for maintaining a consistent plot. If Legend of Zelda allowed you to find a Rifle, or perhaps allow link to play through the game in a g-string, then you'd have a hard time taking ANY of the scenes in the game that involve link seriously, be it a conversation or the final boss battle. (No seriously. Try to imagine playing Twilight Princess with link in a jockstrap. You would laugh at every situation in the game.)

Phantasy Star MMOs are lenient with their dress code because it's an MMORPG, and they really have no space to be stingy when it comes to ways to give the players unique content and keep them interested. But it is OBVIOUS from the very START of the game that Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online have two very, very different atmospheres.

If PSU only allowed your characters to dress in more battle-functional clothing, it would have appeared to be a much more serious title; that was not the case, however, and as a result, the storyline was seriously impacted because of this, regardless if you're pro "atmosphere" or pro "freedom". If all the Guardians in PSU dressed like actual fighters, then they probably would have had a much more impactful feel to them. But instead, they wear everything from ugly blue dresses (Lumia) to pajamas. (Sorry Laia.)...the only faction in that entire game that really got any serious respect from anyone was the AMF, and that's mostly because they were casts...and they were forced to look like they could produce a weapon and shoot your ass if you got out of line. And then in PSP2, the Guardians all wear...schoolgirl/boy outfits? Riiiiight. It's pretty obvious the ATMOSPHERE they were trying to set with PSP2, right?

Look, i really do not mind bikinis, i'll probably be equipping them at some point if they allow them. But saying that it wont impact the game's storyline or atmosphere is...well, bullshit. It will, and it has no choice but to.

Now...the reason it works with Weapons is because by the time you find a joke weapon in PSO, you've already been playing for about 100 hours and have probably beaten everything already. Joke weapons are among some of THE most powerful in PSO, actually. In PSU, you dont have to be playing for more than 5 hours before you're probably able to afford any outfit you want, most likely through selling materials or very generous players like me. Same can happen with clothing. If dressing up in a bikini or rappy suit was a LUXURY (like equipping a Crazy Tune or Monkey King Bar in PSO), then i'd have absolutely no problem with it. Similar to how in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, link's green tunic is actually a plotpoint, but after you BEAT THE GAME you're allowed to play through the game in his normal clothing.

But i'd still love to see the skirt spam disappear, though. Ramarl already lost her pants, but i can live with it, you know? But if RAMARL is showing skin, then you already know they aren't going to be very conservative anywhere else, judging from Hunewearl.

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2011, 02:09 AM
I honestly didn't even read any of that. No offense. I'll skim it later, but I'm too tired to infer an entire super-analytical essay about "Atmosphere in Media from 2001-2011."

More or less my point was "different strokes for different folks." Just because something doesn't "belong" in a game, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game.

RemiusTA
Jul 9, 2011, 02:31 AM
well, fine.

tl;dr = if you want your shit to be good, you put what needs to be there in and keep the bullshit out. However if you must include the bullshit, make it endgame or bonus content, because then it is not "bullshit" but "a fun departure".

Having shit in the game just to have it there is how you end up with a mess of a storyline with no real direction. If PSO2 follows PSP2i's trend of clothing choices, it really has no choice but to be a game of very limited seriousness. (like PSP2.) You define the atmosphere by defining everything that's in it. By not including the anime tropeish crap, you lose alot of content, but also gain alot of respect for the overall feeling of your game, which can make or break alot of things. If you DO include the anime tropish crap, then you lose the overall feeling of your game and rewrite it with another one. After a while though, your choices of storylines that are compatible with your new atmosphere become very slim. (and ultimately unimpactful.)

Honestly, i could take nothing in PSP2 seriously. LOVED the game, but the story is the opposite of memorable. When i saw the trailer for PSP2i and all the PSO-based stuff, i was 100 trillion % sure it was just going to be a screwup, because PSO Red Ring Rico and PSP2i Red Ring Rico are not going to be the same characters. There's just no way -- the battle goddess that Rico had to have been to survive in the PSO world does not hold any kind of weight WHATSOEVER in PSP2i's world of overexaggeration and casualness. However, in the more subtle PSO world, where characters are animated realistically from how they use their weapons to how they take damage, the image you form in your head of how skillful Rico or Flowen had to be was pretty damn significant.

That's all im saying. Thats what we're arguing. This argument doesn't only count for clothing, it counts for everything in the game. Im mostly happy so far with what im seeing in PSO2 because the developers actually seem to be paying attention to what made PSO the way it was, from the gameplay the artstyle itself, instead of just copying a few popular concepts and throwing a title on it. The fact that the developers seem to understand this (as anyone would hope they would) gives me confidence in them.

Vashyron
Jul 9, 2011, 06:03 AM
Your trying to reason with someone who says that less character customization than PSU = no buy. No amount of well written walls of text about why certain costumes are bad to the atmosphere will convince them, they got other priorities.

But hey I agree with you, I know that these type of costumes will show up in PSO2 in one way or another though, just hoping it's not a infestation of tasteless crap. It would be nice if they did become sort of how 'rare' PSO gag weapons were, at that point it would seem like a 'fun departure' to me.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2011, 07:47 AM
Your trying to reason with someone who says that less character customization than PSU = no buy. No amount of well written walls of text about why certain costumes are bad to the atmosphere will convince them, they got other priorities.

But hey I agree with you, I know that these type of costumes will show up in PSO2 in one way or another though, just hoping it's not a infestation of tasteless crap. It would be nice if they did become sort of how 'rare' PSO gag weapons were, at that point it would seem like a 'fun departure' to me.

It's not even the choice of outfits, but to be able to have the choice. If everyone has to wear the same space armor/space gimp suit/space librarian suit but with only 20 different reskins like in PSO...

That's technically more pathetic than PSU's evil coccaine filled bikini's and little kid snatching rappy suits.

@ remius's wall of text: That's kind of exactly the thing, I wouldn't be surprised if PSO2 would be a pseudo MMO(let's not even get into that technicality) anyway. Not to mention in ANY PS game, by the time you've been playing for 2000 hours your "atmosphere" just becomes playing the game either way. Even PSU had atmosphere maybe a lot of people were too busy disliking the game to feel it, but if you like a game especially an RPG/ARPG It'll have an atmosphere. I don't see how limiting the customization would up hold PSU's atmosphere (rappy suits or not) but once you think about it, it becomes two completely different arguments.

One being actually HAVING the customization(What I'm leaning towards and I'm sure everyone would want) and the other being what's IN the customization. But even going back into the latter, I still think that specifically because this is an online game it wouldn't matter if people wore a few silly things after unlocking them, like all the other things in past PS games.

But even with the latter, I'd still say a number of modern influenced clothes wouldn't kill the game, at least. Of course something more creative than Ethan's wannabe Sora clothes though...

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2011, 09:20 AM

Well, sorry about having different "priorities" than you in regards to what I'm looking for in the game. My fault. I should learn to be more like you, I guess. Weird though, as you sure like picking at me out of all people. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or creeped out at your semi-constant snarkiness at my expense.

Wayu
Jul 9, 2011, 09:53 AM
/ignore trollfest

I was thinking, you remember how in PSP2i for CASTs we had all this arm/leg/torso customization stuff? It would be interesting if PSO2 kinda implemented that.

Like, we could have the RAmarl leg armor + the HUnewearl top + maybe the FOmarl's sleeves + some kind of hat, etc.

-Wayu

PhotonDrop
Jul 9, 2011, 10:07 AM
I was thinking, you remember how in PSP2i for CASTs we had all this arm/leg/torso customization stuff?

I have not played Infinity, did they do something different from the rest of of the Universe games? I could have sworn arm, body, and leg parts was how CASTS did things from the very beginning.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 9, 2011, 10:17 AM
Its relatively the same.

But the idea of having clothing customization for everyone to have arms and torso separate (or in other words, additional clothing slots) is something I would agree on.

Also for those who wish to have an atmosphere but do not want it uninterrupted or untainted, deal with it.

PhotonDrop
Jul 9, 2011, 10:28 AM
Its relatively the same.

But the idea of having clothing customization for everyone to have arms and torso separate (or in other words, additional clothing slots) is something I would agree on.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. :)

Dabian
Jul 9, 2011, 12:10 PM
-More matching outfit with headgear/styles.
-Accessories that people actually want to use.
-Outfits that allow us to role-play. /Puts on GH480 outfit...."my name is Sebastian...."

RemiusTA
Jul 9, 2011, 12:52 PM
Most of the PSP2/PSP2i outfits were single pieces that covered the entire model IIRC. The only true mix-matchable outfits were the few you unlocked from NPCs, and like maybe 3 or 4 other pieces per sex.

Vashyron
Jul 9, 2011, 03:57 PM
It's not even the choice of outfits, but to be able to have the choice. If everyone has to wear the same space armor/space gimp suit/space librarian suit but with only 20 different reskins like in PSO...

That's technically more pathetic than PSU's evil coccaine filled bikini's and little kid snatching rappy suits.

Though I agree that would be abysmal to go back to PSO like clothing customization, but personally I wouldn't care as much as probably a lot of other people if it were to happen, I understand customizing your character's clothing can be a fun past time and a lot of people don't want to look the same, but eh to me not a big loss if it were to happen, it's not a major point I play a Action RPG for.

Well, sorry about having different "priorities" than you in regards to what I'm looking for in the game. My fault. I should learn to be more like you, I guess. Weird though, as you sure like picking at me out of all people. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or creeped out at your semi-constant snarkiness at my expense.

It's not hard when you don't ever miss a chance to take a stab at the clothing-atmosphere argument. Am I lying that that is your "priority?" It seems pretty obvious to me your not going to change your mind despite any well written argument around, but you feel it's necessary to go straight to reply to my 'snarky' comment instead.

Edit: Eh. Mentioned my name in two posts in the other thread because of that post? And you speak of creepiness or flattery, alright.

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2011, 04:17 PM
It's not hard when you don't ever miss a chance to take a stab at the clothing-atmosphere argument. Am I lying that that is your "priority?" It seems pretty obvious to me your not going to change your mind despite any well written argument around, but you feel it's necessary to go straight to reply to my 'snarky' comment instead.

This isn't the only time you've thought it would be fun to take an unneeded jab at me. you've done in on the official PSU forums quite a bit, as well. It may just be coincidence, since I don't tend to pay attention to other people's activities, but after a having the same person needlessly attempt and provoke you on a few separate occasions, you start to think they have some sort of beef. That's all. If I'm just being paranoid, then I apologize.

Also, I read the tone of your last post (the whole "priority" comment) as though it was in a mocking fashion. It just seemed like you were trying to inadvertently "get" to me somewhat with the way you worded it. If this is also false, then I'll apologize for that, too. Sometimes trying to interpret someone's tone via a text-based medium is kind of fuzzy territory.

Edit: Eh. Mentioned my name in two posts in the other thread because of that post? And you speak of creepiness or flattery, alright.

Obviously I posted that before you elaborated your meaning. Relax. I'll go edit it out since I know better now.

Zyrusticae
Jul 9, 2011, 06:05 PM
You guys worrying about your immersion are just gonna have to deal with it.

Any Korean or Japanese game is inevitably going to have something immersion-breaking. Aion has TONS of it - modern clothing items, dresses, swimsuits, all that stuff you can wear into battle without even a single penalty. I would be damn surprised if PSO2 did not have at least a comparable quantity of weird, immersion-breaking outfits. It's just how they roll, man.

iBaylin
Jul 9, 2011, 06:55 PM
Customization is the 2nd main reason I like PSU. I want it to be even better. I want so many ways to customize my character that I can't make up my mind xD

If they when back to how it was in PSO I wouldn't even get the game.

RemiusTA
Jul 9, 2011, 09:02 PM
Whatever, im done with this. It's about as dead as the dipshit spine conversation. Nobody seems to listen and when they do, they pay attention to all the wrong points.

someone start bitching about something else, please.

yoshiblue
Jul 9, 2011, 09:09 PM
Your right^, If everyone has access to silly clothes off the bat then your whole veiw of the game changes. I agree that extra stuff should be earned or come last.

Now how about some armor decals or some halo reach like armor mods?

Zyrusticae
Jul 9, 2011, 11:05 PM
Whatever, im done with this. It's about as dead as the dipshit spine conversation. Nobody seems to listen and when they do, they pay attention to all the wrong points.

someone start bitching about something else, please.
Your points are pointless, as they say. :-P

Because, seriously, it's not going to work that way. All I'm saying is that there ARE going to be a lot of weird outfits and they ARE going to be easily attained and NOT exclusively supremely rare drops - it's just not going to happen. It's just how it is over there. They already jumped the shark, so to speak, so they're not about to hop back in the other direction, y'know?

Anyways, me, I like the idea of all the protection I need being entirely in the line shield. The armor stuff just doesn't do it for me. Too many shades of "You ARE what you wear!" of WoW et. al. If I can't get a midriff-baring combination of slacks and a high-cut T, I'll be very, very sad, indeed.

I'm still holding out hope for some kind of muscularity control. The early screens show absolutely no promise whatsoever, but they're still early screens... I imagine they haven't shown us customization yet because it simply isn't finished, so I hope it's something they're adding. I want my axe-wielding Hunewearl to have abs so hard you could cut diamonds on it!

Ark22
Jul 10, 2011, 12:20 AM
I'm gone for a few weeks and this happens <.<. I am truthfully hurt guys. ANYWAYS The RaCasts look amazing P:. Bring memories of my time in the PSO.

RemiusTA
Jul 10, 2011, 01:02 AM
Because, seriously, it's not going to work that way. All I'm saying is that there ARE going to be a lot of weird outfits and they ARE going to be easily attained and NOT exclusively supremely rare drops - it's just not going to happen. It's just how it is over there. They already jumped the shark, so to speak, so they're not about to hop back in the other direction, y'know?

But that's not wha-......i didn-...

Anyway, im voting on the Racast becoming a mobile nuclear weapon silo. Who wants to take bets?

Wayu
Jul 10, 2011, 01:05 AM
a mobile nuclear weapon silo.

A Gundam? ^^;

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2011, 01:22 AM
My guesses: Roller dash and Hover

Ramarl "thug" shoot.

NB4 No customization reveal till alpha, since that'd be annoying news of course we'd wanna blur it instead of simply saying it's anytime before alpha.

I hate it when japanese people make me use context clues! NO! STOP IT SAKAI!

RemiusTA
Jul 10, 2011, 01:30 AM
I was thinking of posting some context clues myself, until i realized it's pointless because he never told us how many words we were missing.

You _______ sentences to _______ but in the end ____________ it ________ possible.

Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time in the air she can do different actions”.

Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time on the ground she can do different actions”.

Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time at the end of the level she can do different actions”.

Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time at half HP she can do different actions”.

Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time in the middle of a heated conversation she can do different actions”.

Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time in the kitchen she can do different actions”.

Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time on top she can do different actions”. ( = 3 )

Wayu
Jul 10, 2011, 01:48 AM
Although it was somewhat vague, Bonko mentioned how previously, the way she held guns were kinda unique, but “this time in the kitchen she can do different actions”.
I was kinda expecting that in stead of the breakfast one. >.>

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2011, 02:10 AM
Can't wait to see those "On top" actions then, this is gonna be the best game ever.

Ark22
Jul 10, 2011, 02:18 AM
*Flies around with a Jetpack with my rifle* Automatic beast mode

RemiusTA
Jul 10, 2011, 03:14 AM
I was kinda expecting that in stead of the breakfast one. >.>

-Wayu

goddammi-

How could i have missed that one. Thanks Wayu = 3 I shall change it now!

A Gundam? ^^;No more like a SHAGOHOD.

blace
Jul 10, 2011, 03:19 AM
No more like a SHAGOHOD.
No bipedal tank with a radome and a railgun to launch invisible nukes halfway around the world?

Was wondering when someone would put this up.

RemiusTA
Jul 10, 2011, 03:40 AM
I never really used to think that super sexist joke was funny, but the more people use it more genius it becomes

kind of like the black people and KFC joke. I'd be offended if it didn't make me laugh everytime i heard it.

•Col•
Jul 10, 2011, 02:00 PM
No bipedal tank with a radome and a railgun to launch invisible nukes halfway around the world?

Meh.

Ray > Rex in my opinion.

SephirothXer0
Jul 10, 2011, 09:11 PM
What I would like to see is a feature to save outfits you make.

Like you have a certain combination of different parts/ clothes as well as colors and proportions that you can save as a preset so you don't have to go digging through your closet trying to find all the right things you need for that particular costume.

Wayu
Jul 10, 2011, 11:01 PM
Meh.

Ray > Rex in my opinion.
Watch it be a Gecko. XD

-Wayu

blace
Jul 10, 2011, 11:30 PM
Meh.

Ray > Rex in my opinion.
Rex > Ray

Crotch Laser. That is all.

RemiusTA
Jul 10, 2011, 11:38 PM
Whichever was the one in 4 with the water cannon, that was the badass one

even though solid snake ate dat shit up

shagohod just sounds more dangerous though because it is russian

blace
Jul 10, 2011, 11:42 PM
Ray.

Rex is still a badass in my book. Moreso because it used to be a weapon of mass destruction.

RemiusTA
Jul 10, 2011, 11:44 PM
ray cuts you in half with fucking water

come on

blace
Jul 10, 2011, 11:46 PM
Technicalities, I just prefer the previous version of Metal Gear.

RemiusTA
Jul 10, 2011, 11:47 PM
pprrrrfffffff ray rulez and u kno it

blace
Jul 10, 2011, 11:48 PM
We'll just have to see which lasts longer on land won't we? Oh wait it happened.

•Col•
Jul 10, 2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geR9HS-M3I0

But anyway yeah, don't get me wrong... Rex is still really badass.

I just prefer Ray.

We'll just have to see which lasts longer on land won't we? Oh wait it happened.

Why would you WANT to be on land? The entire point of a Metal Gear is stealth.

Not to mention that you get like a million times more uses out of an aquatic Metal Gear.

blace
Jul 10, 2011, 11:53 PM
Why would you WANT to be on land? The entire point of a Metal Gear is stealth.

Not to mention that you get like a million times more uses out of an aquatic Metal Gear.
The missiles, lasers and that over the course of 10 years it's basically in top shape, minus the railgun and the busted radome.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 16, 2011, 09:45 AM
As of right now, I want that damn blue/black sword in the trailer!

Ark22
Jul 16, 2011, 11:00 AM
*Imagines how many white haired people will be walking around

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 16, 2011, 02:13 PM
Tell me about it... Then again, I may be one of them lol

MoonlightMyau
Jul 18, 2011, 04:19 PM
I would like to be able to edit every aspect of my character, the face shape, bone density etc not just a selection of face types.

I would appreciate a better selection of starting clothes. Within the game it'd be nice if there was a way for us to change the colors of the clothes ourselves. Kind of like the hair color palette in PSU but for the clothes.

Actually my main "issue"is the clothes coloring. Otherwise I was quite impressed with the PSU customizations at the time it launched.

All your wants,not wants,speculations on PSO2's Character creator.
Plus we really needed a concentrated thread on this.
I want PSU and PSO type styling clothing,for the new and the old.But please not the Space hippies.I was thinking more like some one the clothing in Star Ocean 4.I would upload pictures of idea,but I am currently working on my scrapbook so I really can't.But please feel free to ay what you want(and no cussing and flaming,debates exceptional).

The screen shots we've had so far remind me very much of this game, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. I would like clothes similar to those as well.

Angelo
Jul 18, 2011, 05:44 PM
In terms of clothes I'd like what DCUniverse had with it's 'Style Tab' system.

You'd collect different gear and armor throughout the game but you could decide on whether or not you want it to show if it clashed with your overall look. You could also use the 'skin' for gear as simply an appearance. The thing is, all the clothing would be tailored to your 'color theme'. This kept people from making ugly, mismatched clothes but still giving a lot of freedom. So basically if your 'color theme' is red, black, and white, anytime you got a new piece of gear you could color it with those colors.

Basically it worked like this:

You'd make your character at creation.

You pick up a new piece of armor called "Spiked". Once you equip it, you now have the "Spiked" style in your style tab. You can now use this as a 'skin' regardless of what armor you're wearing forever.

Here's an example video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o94DyOtZrk&feature=channel_video_title

In terms of body and face... I'd like to see customization to the extent of All Points Bulletin, but that's not likely.

Ark22
Jul 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
In terms of clothes I'd like what DCUniverse had with it's 'Style Tab' system.

You'd collect different gear and armor throughout the game but you could decide on whether or not you want it to show if it clashed with your overall look. You could also use the 'skin' for gear as simply an appearance. The thing is, all the clothing would be tailored to your 'color theme'. This kept people from making ugly, mismatched clothes but still giving a lot of freedom. So basically if your 'color theme' is red, black, and white, anytime you got a new piece of gear you could color it with those colors.

Basically it worked like this:

You'd make your character at creation.

You pick up a new piece of armor called "Spiked". Once you equip it, you now have the "Spiked" style in your style tab. You can now use this as a 'skin' regardless of what armor you're wearing forever.

Here's an example video &#x202a;DC Universe Online (BETA) - New Style Tab&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o94DyOtZrk&feature=channel_video_title)

In terms of body and face... I'd like to see customization to the extent of All Points Bulletin, but that's not likely.

I own DCUO, the feature is BASICALLY Champions of Norrath except you can lock your look and change colors.

Angelo
Jul 18, 2011, 07:32 PM
I own DCUO, the feature is BASICALLY Champions of Norrath except you can lock your look and change colors.

Hah, so I guess we're both guys who have been spoiled by extensive character customization. Let's hope PSO2 lives up to these games.

DCUO had shit body customization though. Only 3 'default' bodies to choose from, and if I recall correctly, you couldn't even change the face.

blazingsonic
Jul 20, 2011, 06:53 PM
You can change the face but it with a whole body skin.

Angelo
Jul 20, 2011, 08:16 PM
You can change the face but it with a whole body skin.

Come again?

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2011, 08:25 PM
Maybe the dood forgot the s in it? so its "its".

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 21, 2011, 08:31 AM
PSU's character customization was arguably one of the best things about the game. If PSO2 is able to surpass PSU (and like people said, the bar for customization has been raised higher than ever before by a number of MMOs on the market,) then it should have quite an extensive range of options for customization.

But... we do need a wider selection of hairstyles, faces that aren't just beards, hats/headgear, and viable clothing options for guys. Oh, and A CAST skin color palette that isn't whitewashed.

*Imagines how many white haired people will be walking around *Imagines how few pink-haired people will be walking around

RemiusTA
Jul 21, 2011, 08:35 AM
How ironic. In both PSO/PSU, my Male main has always had short/long white hair (depending on how old i want him to look), and my Female main has always had mid-length pink hair.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 21, 2011, 08:45 AM
Huh, my male PSU main had pink (or was it violet? ...Magenta?) hair. Needless to say, people took notice.

I never really had any white-haired characters. Well, other than a RaCaseal, but I had no say when it came to CAST hair color in PSO.

RemiusTA
Jul 21, 2011, 09:34 AM
My white haired character is cool because he has uniquely white hair. (No, really!)

And i usually go for the most "natural" looking "unnatural" hair colors. Saturated makes you look even more retarded. Which, unsurprisingly, was very hard to avoid in PSP2.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 21, 2011, 10:03 AM
My white haired character is cool because he has uniquely white hair. (No, really!)

And i usually go for the most "natural" looking "unnatural" hair colors. Saturated makes you look even more retarded. Which, unsurprisingly, was very hard to avoid in PSP2.

Especially when one tries to have "blonde" hair by making their hair yellow.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 11:01 AM

I'm not sure what you mean my "saturated", but all my characters (on PSU and PSP2) had/have very bold hair colors, and none of them look "retarded." It's mostly about the facial features and how they complement the hair, and not so much the hair itself, really.

RemiusTA
Jul 21, 2011, 11:26 AM
Saturated as in, obsessively light colors. Like Neon green, or pure white. Deep blue i also avoid (i'd go with a very light blue instead.) It's mostly apparent in Cosplayers, if you've ever seen any in person. The more saturated and solid their hair colors are, the more "out of place" they appear.

Especially when one tries to have "blonde" hair by making their hair yellow.

Yeah, stuff like this. "blonde" hair is not "yellow" hair.

It's just a preference of mine really.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 11:30 AM
Well, my main PSU character has solid deep blue hair, and it doesn't look out of place at all. In fact, she's one of the only PSU characters I've ever seen that's actually done an "abnormal" hair color (such as green, blue, bright red, white, etc.) rather good. It's all about how the character's built; if you build their other features with the hair color already in mind, you can make it work very well.

But, if you decide "I'm going to change my character's hair color to green!" or something like that on a whim, then it usually ends up looking pretty shit.

RemiusTA
Jul 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
Well PSP2 was heavily anime anyway, it's hard to make unnatural looking things look out of place in that game...

Guyan
Jul 26, 2011, 01:24 AM
I want section I.D's exactly the way they were in PSO, the clothes/parts like in PSU and lastly better weapons for the rangers (They really got shafted in PSO)

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 26, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hm... with the face sliders shown in the most recent video, it seems that our desire for a greater variety of faces may be granted after all.

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2011, 08:58 AM
THIS IS FUCKING AAAWWEEESOOOOOMMEEE

I AM NOT DISAPPOINT

SO FULL OF WANT

AAHHHHHHHH

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 09:05 AM
Oh, i forgot this thread. Video Bomb!

Character Creator Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89_Tg1ggRg

More gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKuoBG03q4o

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 26, 2011, 09:25 AM
THIS IS FUCKING AAAWWEEESOOOOOMMEEE

I AM NOT DISAPPOINT

SO FULL OF WANT

AAHHHHHHHH

This!

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM
I think the female figure is pretty well-done. I'm impressed, and can say with a good amount of confidence that my first/main character will be a HUnewearl. Quite sexy. :)

RenzokukenZ
Jul 26, 2011, 10:13 AM
I'm making a FOcast, despite what the nay-sayers say.

Haters gonna hate.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 26, 2011, 10:15 AM
For my first character, I'm making a HUnewearl or a RAmarl.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 10:17 AM
RA-CAST! OO-RA! :D :-D :D

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 26, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm making a FOcast, despite what the nay-sayers say.

Haters gonna hate. Well, the FOcast for today is partially cloudy with a 100% chance of asskicking. Haters gonna hate for my pun there.

But still, FOcasts as an actual class seem interesting. Maybe they'll be even more weapons-oriented than FOmars? The new go-to option for melee Forces?

Ark22
Jul 26, 2011, 10:28 AM
If you can't find the videos (God forbid) Either go to the first page where I Pasted it (Thanks to RemiusTA =D) Or go to page 19 I believe.

Jarek
Jul 26, 2011, 11:07 AM
Damn, customizing is a lot more intricate than I expected. Good stuff.

Corey Blue
Jul 26, 2011, 12:01 PM
Awww yeah they got my facial hair!! and they got low cut's omg finally!(I have to get this.)

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 12:10 PM
Well, the FOcast for today is partially cloudy with a 100% chance of asskicking. Haters gonna hate for my pun there.

I dunno, I thought it was funny, and I was a Guntecher is PSU. :P

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2011, 12:14 PM
http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/image/element/20110726/ss_33_l.jpg
DFC! (It looked really weird and unshapely in the video, nice to see it actually looking right here.)

Corey Blue
Jul 26, 2011, 12:27 PM
DFC! (It looked really weird and unshapely in the video, nice to see it actually looking right here.)

Dem hip's.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 12:28 PM
Dem hip's.

DAT SPINE. But, dude, seriously...the Huney is a hot mamma.

Corey Blue
Jul 26, 2011, 12:35 PM
DAT SPINE. But, dude, seriously...the Huney is a hot mamma.
Oh the possibilities..hehe

Demon-
Jul 26, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm so happy you can add scars and tattoos. My favorite HUmar face on PSO was the one with the scar. Speaking of which I wonder if we will be able to make characters have separate colors for each eye.

kazuuya
Jul 26, 2011, 01:25 PM
I am so impressed! *A* I want to play it now. xD
Though I know that question might be stupid but I never played PSO, so: Do you think it might be possible to make somewhat "human" faces for Casts? It wasn't showed in the Video so I suppose not. OTL

Sorry again if the question is stupid. ;A;

Neith
Jul 26, 2011, 02:30 PM
My god, the character customization is way more indepth than I could have imagined. This is very promising, but at this rate I'll spend so long in character creation that I'll forget to play the game :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 02:35 PM
My god, the character customization is way more indepth than I could have imagined. This is very promising, but at this rate I'll spend so long in character creation that I'll forget to play the game :wacko:

Same here. My friends are going to be pissed at me, because they'll want to play, and I'll still be messing around with all the features.

Tetsaru
Jul 26, 2011, 03:43 PM
Same here. My friends are going to be pissed at me, because they'll want to play, and I'll still be messing around with all the features.

Lol, same here as well! I mean, I've played and seen games with awesome character creation options, like White Knight Chronicles, ModNation Racers, Saints Row 2, and the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and recent wrestling games, and I'm glad Sega stepped up to match, possibly even EXCEED those games. All we need now is a wide selection of clothes and parts and MAG's, and I will be very pleased. :D

yoshiblue
Jul 26, 2011, 05:35 PM
Saving the world without pants yeah!

Strider_M
Jul 26, 2011, 05:40 PM
I wonder if they'll have Highlights for the hair....

Well regardless for all of the face types you can do. I hope they keep two things you could do in PSU:

You can change classes and you can change hairstyles/facial hair. Now given the level of character customization shown I'm sure changing hairstyles and facial hair should go without saying. But Classes? I hope they keep that in.

I loved being a Hunter with my character and if I wanted to... change into Ranger because I found a cool weapon for one.

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 06:48 PM
Im literally going to spend hours making my character. T_T Then afterwards, after finishing and getting my character to level 30, I'll find a small flaw and have to go and start the process all over again.

I love and hate the level of customization.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 06:51 PM
Im literally going to spend hours making my character. T_T Then afterwards, after finishing and getting my character to level 30, I'll find a small flaw and have to go and start the process all over again.

I love and hate the level of customization.

That's why -hopefully- they'll be smart and keep the "makeover shop" feature from PSU. I'll be pissed if making your character is a one-and-done kind of deal.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 06:54 PM
I doubt it. Most games nowadays let you modify everything after you've created it. There are a few that don't, but I'm sure that with the amount of detail put into PSO2's customization system that it surely won't be one-and-done.

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 06:56 PM
That's why -hopefully- they'll be smart and keep the "makeover shop" feature from PSU. I'll be pissed if making your character is a one-and-done kind of deal.

You couldn't change your character's proportions in the Salon in PSU though... Or could you? I can't really remember now.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
You couldn't change your character's proportions in the Salon in PSU though... Or could you? I can't really remember now.

You can on JP PSU, yes. You need a special item to do so, though. It's called the Body Style Ticket. (http://psupedia.info/Body_Style_Ticket)

MistyWaters
Jul 26, 2011, 08:47 PM
There was a mention about having face paint, right?

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah, you could see a skull face paint in one of the menus.

MistyWaters
Jul 26, 2011, 08:49 PM
NO WAY!! Skull? Oh God. I am so happy. <3

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah, you could see a skull face paint in one of the menus.

Ah, I see that they are indeed keeping a bit of Duman love around in PSO2 then, seeing as how you could give them skull face-paint in PSP2i.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2011, 09:16 PM
That was the only thing I liked about dumans... :0

!!!

I could make one of my other OCs!

ShadowDragon28
Jul 26, 2011, 09:22 PM
What ive seen of the options available, I'm sure I could come up with a very close
re-creation of my main PSO character, the dark HUmar "ShadowDragon"...

Padium
Jul 26, 2011, 09:56 PM
Watched the new trailer, and I apologize for not reading the thread, but the only thing I noticed in that trailer, I get to control the size of my boobs... At least I can gaurentee they will be exactly as small as I want them.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 09:59 PM
Watched the new trailer, and I apologize for not reading the thread, but the only thing I noticed in that trailer, I get to control the size of my boobs... At least I can gaurentee they will be exactly as small as I want them.

No worries, that's the first thing a lot of people comment on. All sexual joking aside, I think the amount of freedom they give you to make your character's proportions (even breast proportions) is extremely appreciated.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 26, 2011, 10:07 PM
Oh man, re-imagining Isa and Mazarin is going to be a nightmare. So. Many. Options. But, making two whole new characters will be even worse.

And it will be the best nightmare ever.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 10:22 PM

My thoughts exactly (though I noticed other stuff in the trailer).

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2011, 10:25 PM
Speaking of smallness, I feel the need to repost this picture:

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 10:35 PM
Speaking of smallness, I feel the need to repost this picture:

Nothing wrong with IBTs! Some guys prefer them.

FOkyasuta
Jul 26, 2011, 10:37 PM
*Clears throat* Big Chest Much? X3

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 10:40 PM
*Clears throat* Big Chest Much? X3

Careful, she might be self-conscious and try to gut you, in typical anime fashion.

....gotta love elves, though, AMIRITE? ^^;

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 10:42 PM
I love elves.

Very much so.

...This discussion is awkward... >_>;

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 10:45 PM
I love elves.

Very much so.

...This discussion is awkward... >_>;

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
.....ahahaha
...haha
...ha.
Indeed.

....We shall never speak of this again.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 10:46 PM
I can live with not speaking of it again.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 10:50 PM
I can live with not speaking of it again.

What is this you speak of? :sandwich:

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 10:57 PM
I cannot speak of it.

...Are you from the future? They still have sandwiches there?

On a serious note, I do think the customization options look interesting...

Ark22
Jul 26, 2011, 10:57 PM
Making a girl with the biggest boobs. JUST SAYING.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 11:00 PM
I cannot speak of it.

...Are you from the future? They still have sandwiches there?

On a serious note, I do think the customization options look interesting...

Why yes, yes I am.

And yes, yes they do.

....it was made by an elf.

............................What?

EDIT: :wacko:

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2011, 11:02 PM
Making a girl with the biggest boobs. JUST SAYING.
Making a girl with the smallest boobs (i.e. none at all). JUST SAYING.

^^

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 11:02 PM
...My brain hurts now.

Blueblur
Jul 26, 2011, 11:06 PM
I'm really getting creeped out by the obsessions with breasts and the 'female figure' some of you have.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 11:06 PM
Making a girl with the smallest boobs (i.e. none at all). JUST SAYING.

I'm with Zyrusticae on this one. I feel that I'll have to be a representative of the IBTC (Google it) on PSO2, as I am a representative of quite the contrary on PSU.

I'm really getting creeped out by the obsessions with breasts and the 'female figure' some of you have.

Oh, haven't seen you around for a while. Anyway, if you don't agree with what others have to say, that's all right.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 11:08 PM
I'm with Zyrusticae on this one. I feel that I'll have to be a representative of the IBTC (Google it) on PSO2, as I am a representative of quite the contrary on PSU.

No, anything but that! We love your big blue - *cough*

....damn you, modesty.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 11:08 PM
I have no obsession (I am female, so...).

My comment about finding the customization options interesting had nothing to do with that. I now think that comment was badly timed. >_>;

My brain still hurts, though. And this is sort of creepy...

Ark22
Jul 26, 2011, 11:09 PM
Lol......I wonder if they will add a bulge slider in a update.

Ruesa
Jul 26, 2011, 11:10 PM
it look like this is exactly what i wonted
the bust morphing makes me uncomfortable but i gess that shows how much you can edit your character

i don't understand why people say that players should look like there class because we work as a team so it dus not mater. if we were fighting each other then i wont to know what tripe thay are

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 11:10 PM
No, anything but that! We love your big blue - *cough*

....damn you, modesty.

Oh, you know of my escapades? Have you seen me on PSU, or did you just look on my profile page

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 11:15 PM
Oh, you know of my escapades? Have you seen me on PSU, or did you just look on my profile page

Oh, PSU, I've seen you several times, then a few on here.

Always thought about chatting you up, based on what I saw, but never ended up doing it. My Sig says it all. XD

Ark22
Jul 26, 2011, 11:16 PM

Always thought about chatting you up, based on what I saw, but never ended up doing it. My Sig says it all. XD

I got your back =D!! If we meet on PSO2 (I friggen bought a Tower and hooked it to my HD TV) I will be your back up B)!

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 11:17 PM

Funny, I'm the same way. I'm a bit awkward, and not very good at starting conversations. But if someone else breaks the ice, I'll happily chat for as long as they'd like.

Anyway, I wish they would have shown some other female hairstyles, instead of just bouncing the jubblies around for a minute and saying "ok, that's enough with the females." I found it kind of annoying how they went in-depth with the HUmar, but not the HUnewearl.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 11:19 PM
I got your back =D!! If we meet on PSO2 (I friggen bought a Tower and hooked it to my HD TV) I will be your back up B)!

Yeah, maybe chatting up a group before the game comes out would be a good idea. have people to run with and all?

Now there's a good idea.

Ark22
Jul 26, 2011, 11:21 PM
Funny, I'm the same way. I'm a bit awkward, and not very good at starting conversations. But if someone else breaks the ice, I'll happily chat for as long as they'd like.

Anyway, I wish they would have shown some other female hairstyles, instead of just bouncing the jubblies around for a minute and saying "ok, that's enough with the females." I found it kind of annoying how they went in-depth with the HUmar, but not the HUnewearl.

Epic....BESIDES THAT, I just want to see the Clothing the have to offer <.<. And totally guy =D, We will try to start up groups, dunno who would want to team up with me though xD

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 11:24 PM

That'd be cool to do. Maybe once PSO2 gets up and you get out of the Character Creator I'll hit you up sometime.

Epic....BESIDES THAT, I just want to see the Clothing the have to offer <.<. And totally guy =D, We will try to start up groups, dunno who would want to team up with me though xD

Bah, nonesense, the more the merrier.

ParadoxBoy
Jul 26, 2011, 11:25 PM
This is great. I'm going to spend so much spending my character you have no idea.
Looks like we're gonna have alot of freedom on the figure. Manlier men and chubbier women abound.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2011, 11:27 PM

Was more like "OH BY THE WAY!! YOU CAN CHANGE TITTIES NOW!! >8D" *shows a couple of casts part then ends the explanation.

I wanted to see more hairstyles and outfits...

and I never caught the male newmans outfits... Or the humarl's either... OR THE SheCASTS D<

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 11:28 PM
Also we can team up...Have to find each other though.

The game has to come out, first. :P That time will come.