PDA

View Full Version : The bar underneath the PP gauge at 0%

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 05:10 PM
My friend and myself were making speculations that it could either be a Exp guage or some type of special attack*Summon,Photon Blast etc* What do YOU think?

GCoffee
Apr 28, 2011, 05:17 PM
The fact that this bar stays at 0% at any moment of the video makes me make a wild guess and say that this is the photon blast gauge that would require a mag to fill up.

Soul Guardian
Apr 28, 2011, 05:18 PM
A PB/Summon/SUV/Whatever bar would seem like a good guess. It would be odd to have a PS game without some sort of meter-based special attack.

ChronoTrigga
Apr 28, 2011, 05:18 PM
I'd imagine this being a pre-alpha video could mean that mags are still being tinkered with and hence the lack of them in the video.

Or maybe it's a limit break bar. :D

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 05:19 PM
I'd say Experience gauge but seeing as it has the "%" in there I can't help but thinking that it isn't. Maybe something like a Mirage Blast, SUV, Nanoblast OR something MAG related (Photon Blast) if MAGs are back but not betting on it. Can totally be the Experience gauge though, maybe they just decided to put "%" in there this time.

Milla
Apr 28, 2011, 05:20 PM
Prob the exp bar. It doesnt go up because the Exp is turned off in trailer.

GCoffee
Apr 28, 2011, 05:26 PM

The levels of the characters keep changing in the trailer, though. And no, I am not talking about the change of player perspectives making it just seem so. Your guess could make sense, either way, though, as it might be different runs making up for the trailer.

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 05:34 PM

The levels of the characters keep changing in the trailer, though. And no, I am not talking about the change of player perspectives making it just seem so. Your guess could make sense, either way, though, as it might be different runs making up for the trailer.

Yeah I tough about that too. Their levels keep changing but I never see monsters EXP on the screen and the gauge is always at 0%. There's even one part where the player clearly kills the monster and still no EXP. Either EXP is turned off like Kairi-chan said or the EXP is on but it doesn't show EXP received when you kill a monster but if it did you would see the gauge raise from 0% to something else. So maybe it's not the EXP gauge after all and something like a special attack. Assumptions, assumptions.

Soul Guardian
Apr 28, 2011, 05:37 PM
Well speculation is all there is at this point, so one person's guess is as good as any other.

The exp thing is a very good point though; I hadn't really been paying attention to the fact that exp numbers weren't popping up when the monsters died.

Milla
Apr 28, 2011, 05:40 PM
Also no item drops but that could just be bad luck.

Soul Guardian
Apr 28, 2011, 05:43 PM
Also no items drops but that could just be bad luck.

I seem to remember that monsters would drop a whole lot of nothing more often than not in PSO, as opposed to the ones in PSU leaving trash items all over the place. Though that could just be me having bad memory.

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 05:43 PM
Well speculation is all there is at this point, so one person's guess is as good as any other.

The exp thing is a very good point though; I hadn't really been paying attention to the fact that exp numbers weren't popping up when the monsters died.

strangely it was one of the first things I noticed, I was like where is the yellow numbers when the enemies die D: but hey I'm weird like that.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
That bar is for something that hasn't been implemented yet.

Let's just leave it at that. We can talk more later.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 06:13 PM
They could probably be going back to the whole you-don't-know-when-you-level-up-until-you-open-your-menu-and-check style

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 06:16 PM
They could probably be going back to the whole you-don't-know-when-you-level-up-until-you-open-your-menu-and-check style

I prefer it like that to be honest. Much more.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 28, 2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah, who doesn't love having to navigate menus for basic information that could be displayed on the HUD? I say they should put your HP and PP only on the menu too!

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah totally! I say leave nothing at all on the screen, nothing. No HUD of any kind even.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 28, 2011, 06:27 PM
Why stop there? I think they shouldn't display anything on the screen! We should have to play PSO2 by ear!

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 06:29 PM
Sarcasm aside, I'd like the ability to hide my hud, for pictures and videos, or just making the game feel slightly different.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
PSU already does that, so it is within reason that PSO2 might as well.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
They've been putting EXP bars on the HUD in all the recent games.... So it's probably that.

t3hVeG
Apr 28, 2011, 06:31 PM
It's either the Exp bar or the Blast Gauge.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 06:33 PM
I like fighting and seeing myself level up out of no where and be like..."Wtf???" Then "WHOOOT"

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 06:33 PM
Why stop there? I think they shouldn't display anything on the screen! We should have to play PSO2 by ear!

Yeah when the monsters poke you in the eyes it will be like that.