PDA

View Full Version : The Music in the Trailer

Wayu
Apr 28, 2011, 09:14 PM
Does anyone have the music from the trailer? Just the music, please.

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:17 PM
Good question,if you do cough it up, I need this on my MP3

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 09:17 PM
If we had to wait for SEGA to release the HD vid I doubt it, but you could just rip it from youtube/flash. a 3 minute version with sound effects everywhere.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:19 PM
The only sound effects I hear are just the soft sword swings and the PSO menu sound effect once

Wayu
Apr 28, 2011, 09:23 PM
I'd like it without the sword swings, reloads, gunshots, and other stuff though...just a clean soundtrack.

A soundtrack that has really brought my expectations up for the PSO2 soundtrack. This might be the soundtrack that beats FFXIII's IMO.

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:26 PM
I personally think FF12 had the best soundtrack,but I did like Hanging Edge and Sabers Edge. Also the Piano song they play before they go to Gran Pulse *forgot what it was called*

Wayu
Apr 28, 2011, 09:28 PM
Before Gran Pulse?

You mean Terra Incognita? That's not piano, though...

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:32 PM
It had a Clarinet Solo then Cello's and Violins played the Chorus then looped

Found it,I had the OST. It's called A Brief Respite

Chimeria
Apr 28, 2011, 09:34 PM
I'd like it without the sword swings, reloads, gunshots, and other stuff though...just a clean soundtrack.

A soundtrack that has really brought my expectations up for the PSO2 soundtrack. This might be the soundtrack that beats FFXIII's IMO.

-Wayu

Ugh...Don't get me started on FFXIII...The only redeeming feature about that game was the music...which was lovely. lol

But I agree with you on PSO2's music bringing up expectations. I'm glad SEGA listened to the fans. Now I'm just hoping that it changes during downtime when there's no enemies around and picks up when I fight starts.

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 09:35 PM
^
It was said a while back that there would be dynamic music(It's exactly what you just described)

Still dunno why they took it out in PSU.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:37 PM
The songs kept me pumped even without enemies because of the songs not having downtime. So I almost had a heartattack. Clyrez linear line was the greatest

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 09:40 PM
Dynamic was better because it kept the mood proper, when everything is calm and the danger passes and you're stopping to enjoy that precious atmosphere of the games unique stage design, while you heal and buff and feed your mag, or check the drops.

Then the monsters pop up, but instead of getting your crappy final fantasy screen swirl, the music becomes intense and swords and bullets and fireballs start flying. An almost genius concept but they're not the first to do it... I think...

Of course it'll get people even more hyped with PSO2's faster gameplay.

RemiusTA
Apr 28, 2011, 09:40 PM
Im hoping the music is like PSO, with transitions into exciting/calmer version of each track, and not just a BGM that fades into a common battle theme. (Anyone played Kingdom Hearts? KH2 did that.)

There's a small difference, but a difference.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
I think PSO was the first to do that,wouldn't be shocked. But this isn't the proper thread to discuss it. But anyone with those skills who can rip the song, could you do it please and post a link to download.

Chimeria
Apr 28, 2011, 09:46 PM
The songs kept me pumped even without enemies because of the songs not having downtime. So I almost had a heartattack. Clyrez linear line was the greatest
The Linear Line BGM was pretty badass. It was one of the few tracks I did like from PSU. Along with majority of the Neudaiz BGMs. But just think how nice it would have been if it did have that dynamic feature...

Dynamic was better because it kept the mood proper, when everything is calm and the danger passes and you're stopping to enjoy that precious atmosphere of the games unique stage design, while you heal and buff and feed your mag, or check the drops.

Then the monsters pop up, but instead of getting your crappy final fantasy screen swirl, the music becomes intense and swords and bullets and fireballs start flying. An almost genius concept but they're not the first to do it... I think...

Of course it'll get people even more hyped with PSO2's faster gameplay.
I completely agree with this. Hopefully the areas in PSO2 are detailed like the ones in PSO. anyone remember how beautiful the jungle and seaside area were? And with the BGM playing in the background, it was pure bliss being in that zone. I can't tell you how many times I just let my character stand on beachside while the tide rolled in...*sigh* good times.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:47 PM
The Linear Line BGM was pretty badass. It was one of the few tracks I did like from PSU. Along with majority of the Neudaiz BGMs. But just think how nice it would have been if it did have that dynamic feature...

I completely agree with this. Hopefully the areas in PSO2 are detailed like the ones in PSO. anyone remember how beautiful the jungle and seaside area were? And with the BGM playing in the background, it was pure bliss being in that zone. I can't tell you how many times I just let my character stand on beachside while the tide rolled in...*sigh* good times.

Caged Jungle right?

Wayu
Apr 28, 2011, 09:56 PM
I really liked the dynamic music of PSO. I'm glad that PSO2 will bring it back.

Should I change this thread into the PSO2 Music Discussion Thread?

-Wayu

Chimeria
Apr 28, 2011, 09:57 PM
Caged Jungle right?
Nah, Jungle - A Lush Load

-Wayu
You could but we only have one song so far...not much to talk about just yet :-P

I really liked this version too from the Premium Arrangments OST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67GY_bRT6GI&feature=related

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 10:15 PM

-Wayu

I sorta made one yesterday.I would hate people to rant that there is already one o.o

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 10:19 PM
I... I just love the music on that PSO2 video. I just can't stop. I had the video open in http://pso2.jp/ during all day today listening to the music. Hoping that the rest of the game soundtrack will be as good as the one on that video which probably will!

I can record the sound of the video into a mp3 but that's all I can do. Don't know how to remove specific sounds.

FF XII and FF XIII have different styles of music but for me they are almost equal in terms of awesomeness. I'd have to go with FF XIII. Masashi Hamauzu created quite some epic tracks for XIII. Can't wait to hear FF Type-0, FF Versus XIII and FF XIII-2 soundtracks!

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 10:20 PM
It has that Clyrez Linear line feel but with the forest from PSO mixed into it. In my opinion

Wayu
Apr 28, 2011, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know if they'll release the soundtrack of the trailer anytime soon?

Probs not, but...

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 11:37 PM
There will be some guy that will rip the music like when the first gameplay of F13 came out in Japan from the Advent Blu-Ray pack and they ripped all the songs from the demo. So yeah anytime soon

RemiusTA
Apr 28, 2011, 11:50 PM
It was a demo. They were able to rip it becuase the game calls on the file seperately from the sound effects in the game.

you wont be able to rip this song without the sound effects because they were recorded together. You'll have to wait.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 11:51 PM
We have the technology

RemiusTA
Apr 29, 2011, 12:06 AM
Just want to point out now, when the trailer was released i never paid attention to the music.

After i put my headphones in, i actually like it alot. Especially the part at the beginning, which sounds like a remix of something but i just can't put my finger on it.

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 12:14 AM
It reminded me of Clyrez linear line with a Forest 1 from pso mixed into it. We should surf the interwebz and see if we can find it. Because it does sound strangely familiar.

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 12:20 AM
Really? It kinda reminded me of the Ruins soundtrack when no enemies were around...

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 12:23 AM
Maybe Ruins(No enemies) + Forest 1(Enemies) = PSO2 trailer song

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 12:25 AM
It has a new base line that I haven't heard before. That and they amped the bass up a LOT.

Which I like.

-Wayu

Malachite
Apr 29, 2011, 12:33 AM
You guys know what it REALLY sounds like? Lupus Silva part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JV-YnzpDTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IC721Ispbc
Around the 0:16 mark, it's EXTREMELY similar to the opening of Lupus Silva.

(Sorry Wayu, China and all that, lol)

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 12:34 AM
That an,I think I got it.
It sounds like a longer more serious version of Image of A Hero but the you are gonna be challenged like ruins.

The Crescendos and Decrescendos in melodic parallel 5ths are in alot of PSO songs.

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 12:37 AM
Is that bottom Youtube video the trailer music without the sounds or does it still have them?

-Wayu

Malachite
Apr 29, 2011, 12:38 AM
It has the sounds, but they're very faint. You're not gonna be able to find the music without the sounds, until the game or OST is officially released. There's just no way to remove them without using a filter that butchers the rest of the song.

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 12:39 AM
You can barely hear it....I WANT IT!

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 12:50 AM
I got lucky,somehow converted the HQ video into a Mp3 file

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/download.php?video=pcE1ZMt-kss

I hear the swords but faintly until it gets near the end then you hear SWOSH!But you would have already hear majority of the song.If someone is good with Audacity they could clean it up for me =(

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 01:30 AM
Oh yeah...does it have the spider boss sounds at the end?

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 01:31 AM
I think that's the WOOOOSSSHHHAR sound he meant.

Also I don't think you can accurately compare it to other songs...seeing as how it's kind of hard not to make similar song patterns when you're trying to stick with a certain style, like how some rock bands have 46346346 songs that sound the same. :0

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 01:33 AM
The spider didn't go WOOOOOSHARRR, it went BLAAAAAAAARGH.

-Wayu

yoshiblue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:35 AM
Ragel Fragel

Malachite
Apr 29, 2011, 01:36 AM
They're talking about the message pop-up "swoosh" from PSO that you hear in that trailer.

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 09:45 AM
Sword go WSSSH WSSHHH WSHH.Sound on the menu goes Swoossh. The spider goes BLLLAAAAHHH!!

Kaziel
Apr 29, 2011, 10:38 AM
...they amped the bass up a LOT.

Umf umf umf

Moonwalker
Apr 29, 2011, 11:04 AM
Found this video linked in XtremeStarfox's trailer. Its the PSO2 trailer but with PSU music instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmnHmJnB_ts

lol

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 11:06 AM
Youtube. Ugh.

Another source, anyone?

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 11:22 AM
Youtube. Ugh.

Another source, anyone?

-Wayu

Just think of the video but with The seed from The Hive song playing then it goes to Save this world(Phantasy Star Portable theme song)

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 11:25 AM
So in other words irrelevant to what I'm trying to find. Oh well.

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 29, 2011, 11:45 AM
Pretty much

Perfect Troll
Apr 29, 2011, 02:12 PM
This music really sounded like it came out of the old PSO. It's very nostalgic, but it's still new!

GCoffee
Apr 29, 2011, 04:31 PM
For some reason I feel this is very close to the episode 4 opening, being slower but built up pretty much the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCZl7DfNkbw

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 05:08 AM
Wait, episode 4? Is that BlueBurst?

-Wayu

Malachite
Apr 30, 2011, 05:09 AM
Yes EP4 is blueburst lol.

And it actually does sound quite like Blueburst's opening.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 05:11 AM
Oh, okay. In that case I still don't know what the intro sounds like. ^^;

-Wayu

GeoSword
Apr 30, 2011, 06:05 AM
Ragel Fragel

AAAAAAUUUUUUGHHH! *gets taken away by Bigfoot*