PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Info Thread(Last Updated 5-18-12) + Beta Registration Guide

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Niloklives
Jul 28, 2011, 02:29 AM
pffft...gimme twin double sabers.

AzureBlaze
Jul 28, 2011, 04:01 AM
Here is a Famitsu article on it that has tiny bits (maybe) of info that we didn't already have, depending how well you can push it into an online translator:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/26047317.html

Things I hadn't yet seen but am interperating from it:
Naberisu Woodland is the first planet
283 years since Oracle apparently embarked on this 'explore the universe' deal
They keep going to new planets to explore, but suddenly the animals/aliens there got violent
Arcs are already in several galaxies

(I love plot, so I'm always on the lookout for more! And not much of it is yet revealed)

I also really like how they address the grinding issue (Called "WorkPlay" by trans) and how they'll solve it.

Multi Party (the 12 players scenario:
Not active all the time...and the article calls it "unexpected encountering of other parties" So, you make a team w/your friends, and everyone's chillin' along when suddenly an event occurs and now you're randomly combined with other teams from the same "lobby"?? That's the impression I got.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 28, 2011, 04:46 AM
Well there you go. In those 283 years, Casts have gained the ability to use Techs.

Problem solved.

Niloklives
Jul 28, 2011, 04:57 AM
You mean in those 283 years sega failed to be more creative with cast class options. Yeah yeah, tomato, tomahto

MoonlightMyau
Jul 28, 2011, 05:23 AM
Here is a Famitsu article on it that has tiny bits (maybe) of info that we didn't already have, depending how well you can push it into an online translator:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/26047317.html

Things I hadn't yet seen but am interperating from it:
Naberisu Woodland is the first planet
283 years since Oracle apparently embarked on this 'explore the universe' deal
They keep going to new planets to explore, but suddenly the animals/aliens there got violent
Arcs are already in several galaxies

(I love plot, so I'm always on the lookout for more! And not much of it is yet revealed)

I also really like how they address the grinding issue (Called "WorkPlay" by trans) and how they'll solve it.

Multi Party (the 12 players scenario:
Not active all the time...and the article calls it "unexpected encountering of other parties" So, you make a team w/your friends, and everyone's chillin' along when suddenly an event occurs and now you're randomly combined with other teams from the same "lobby"?? That's the impression I got.

I thought (and hoped) this feature was in the game & I certainly got that impression from the screenshots we have with all the different players. I think it's a very good idea & should make things interesting.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 28, 2011, 10:00 AM
Well there you go. In those 283 years, Casts have gained the ability to use Techs.

Problem solved.

Ahahahahaha! Indeed!

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 10:02 AM

Problem solved.

It was a firmware update, right?

Dabian
Jul 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
Interrupt event! "Stand in a line and make funny gestures to entertain the local wildlife!"
or
Interrupt event! "Find the nearest Rappy and /point /dance /love it"

EspioKaos
Jul 28, 2011, 11:02 AM
Shougai PSO posted a synopsis of information from the latest issues of Famitsu and Famitsu Connect!On magazines. I did a translation of it all here: http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1512

Long read, but lots of good details that weren't touched on during the briefing!

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2011/07/110728a.html

Courtesy of Shougai PSO, here is a synopsis of the latest PSO2 information as published in the July 27 issue of Famitsu Connect!On and the July 28 issue of Famitsu.

Game server specs
* There will be several servers, each known as a "world."
* Each world is independent of the others.
* Different worlds cannot interact with each other.
* Essentially worlds are as they were in PSU. (EK note: Though they are now known as "entrances," originally they were called "worlds.")
* When you start the game, you can choose the world you want to belong to.
* You can create characters on multiple worlds.
* They are considering the ability to move a character from one world to another as a future possibility.
* If you want to play with your friends, make sure you all decide on a world to start on!

Races
* There are three races, however...
* Sakai says, "this is an online game, after all, so we could always decide to increase that number."

Skill tree
* This system is used to learn class skills.
* EXP earned goes toward increasing your class level.
* You accumulate points by leveling up.
* By using these points, you can learn class skills.
* Class skills can only be used on the class you learned them with.
* For example, a skill learned as a Hunter cannot be used by a Force.
* Even if you max your class level, you cannot learn all skills.
* You will have a limited number of points to put toward skills, so individual skill combinations will vary.
* The ability to redo learned skills is under consideration.

Wired lances
* This weapon cannot be used to throw larger enemies.

Rods
* You can link three techniques to a rod.
* Only linked techniques can be charged (for stronger attacks).
* A technique's power, range and effect change when charged.
* PP cost does not change for charged techniques.

Learning photon arts and techniques
* Disks are used to learn photon arts and techniques.
* Disks have certain learning requirements.
* Requirements are stat-related, for example, one may require 50+ TP.
* Unlike PSU, there will not be a limit on the number of PAs or techs you can learn.
* It is undecided if you will be able to return a learned PA or tech to its disk form.
* The ability to transfer disks to other players (such as through disk restoration) is under consideration.
* Disks will appear with the level they teach displayed. For example, "Razonde (LV3)."
* High-level disks will of course be very powerful.
* High-level disks can be obtained as enemy drops.
* Low-level disks will include tutorials.
* Low-level disks can be bought at shops.

Jumping
* You can perform common and just attacks while jumping.
* It is unknown how photon arts will work while jumping.
* Techniques and original combos will change while jumping.
* Range changes will occur while jumping, for example with original combos.
* You can jump on the backs of enemies.
* Most enemies have a weak spot on their back.
* There are some enemies that, if not knocked down, you will not be able to jump on their backs.
* On the other hand, there are other enemies that, even if not knocked down, you can still jump on their backs.

Original combos
* You can set different photon arts to the three parts of a combo.
* Combined PAs will let you pull of three-part combos. For example, Tornado Break to Spinning Break to Gravity Break. Also, you can perform normal attacks between all of those.

Interrupt events
* Event occurrence locations are not set in stone.
* There are some rare events which can occur.
* Due to the wide range of enemy levels you will encounter, expect drastic changes between difficulty levels.
* Even if you fail an event by not meeting all of its conditions, you will not suffer a penalty.
* You will receive items and so forth for successfully completing an event.

Incapacitation penalties
* If you are incapacitated, your individual grade will fall.
* Results are on a character-by-character basis.
* For example, if Mr. A dies, Mr. B's grade will not be affected.
* In short, you don't have to worry about being blamed for giving your party a bad grade!

PSE and PSE burst
* There is a new component known as "photon sensitive effect."
* There is a fixed probability of PSE occurring while you continuously defeat enemies.
* Attack power, drop rates and Meseta drop quantities are all boosted for a fixed period when PSE occurs.
* If you acquire an "evolved drop" (details unknown) from killing an enemy, you get even more boosted attack power, drop rates and Meseta payout.
* If consecutive PSEs occur, you can perform a "PSE burst."
* Bonuses from a PSE burst last for one minute and include even higher drop rates and highly increased number of enemies that appear.
* You can extend the PSE burst's duration by killing more and more enemies.

Multi-party areas
* Certain areas allow for up to 12 people to play together simultaneously.
* However, this doesn't necessarily mean that you are limited to three parties of four people each.
* For example, 12 individual solo players can all gather in these areas.
* It is possible to reorganize your party in a multi-party area.
* For example, if you have three parties of four people each, players from each party can transfer from one party to another.
* At first you can have the following parties: A1 A2 A3 A4 / B1 B2 B3 B4 / C1 C2 C3 C4
* But you can swap players around like so: B1 C2 A3 B4 / C1 A2 B3 C4 / A1 B2 C3 A4
* In multi-party areas, support techniques will only affect your party.
* There are some techniques that have cross-party effects, however.

Drop items
* Drop items are decided on a character-by-character basis.
* Each character can get different drops.
* Item drops are based on real luck.
* The system is similar to that of PSZ and PSP2i.

Units
* Units exist in this game.
* They can be equipped to your arms, back and legs.
* Units can be additional costume parts for your character.
* When equipped, units can change certain visuals of your costume.
* Units can boost abilities such as defense and attribute rates.

Mags
* Mags exist in PSO2 as living, evolved protectors.
* Details on them are scarce at the moment.
* Unfortunately, they will not appear in the alpha test.

EXP
* Whether or not you receive EXP is determined by your range to an enemy.
* If you are within the enemy's range, you will receive EXP.
* If you are out of an enemy's range, you will not receive EXP.
* This may be a counter-measure for multi-party leveling.

Visual lobbies
* Event billboards will be in the lobbies.
* There will also be a large screen theater.
* Motion pictures of some sort can be played on the theater screen.
* This feature will be active during the alpha test.

Your room
* A feature similar to PSU's room will be in PSO2, but details are unknown.

Reincarnation system
* A system of this sort does not exist. No comment was made as to if it would be added later.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
Mags are in, Techs are weapon-linked, PAs are learned a la PSO and loot is dropped a la PSP2i.

Everyone can start celebrating/raging now!

What really got me interested were units and the possible inclusion of other races in the future (probably Beasts or other)

Mizunos
Jul 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
"* Each world is independent of the others.
* Different worlds cannot interact with each other."

Horrible idea, games such as PSO/PSU/PSO2 do not need to have segregated servers, the community is already small enough as it is.

Wayu
Jul 28, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolved Mags and different galaxies...technology must've improved a lot in those 200+ years.

And custom skill tree. Nice. Sounds interesting.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jul 28, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolved Mags and different galaxies...technology must've improved a lot in those 200+ years.

And custom skill tree. Nice. Sounds interesting.

-Wayu

Yes! I love skill trees, so hopefully the ones in PSO2 are as deep and interesting as they are brought up to be. And with the chance to sub-class, character uniqueness will be at its highest.

Anon_Fire
Jul 28, 2011, 11:47 AM
* Different worlds cannot interact with each other."

Does this mean we're seperated from the JP players again, Espio?

EspioKaos
Jul 28, 2011, 12:04 PM
Does this mean we're seperated from the JP players again, Espio?
Not necessarily. So far, no official stance on regional handling of the game servers has been given.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 12:09 PM
Non-transferable servers; EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!? What's with the step back!?

Mags: *SQEEEEEEEEEAAAAL* YAAY! *ahem* ok, something is wrong with my vocabulator...

Rods: Not sure if Techniques have to be bound to the weapon to use, or have to be bound to the weapon to charge...in my mind, it leans towards the later.

PA's through disks: YAY! glad it's like this, having the ability linked to the weapon was so annoying in PSZ, though I actually kinda like the disk having levels attached, oddly enough.

Incap penalty per player: with or without a Scape? Or are Scapes out? Plus; great, healers are gonna get flamed....ah, memories.

Units: uh, if I have to wear a specific arm slot to have a certain type of arm, I'm gonna.....oddly understand, since that actually kind of makes sense. O.o

Original combo: cool.

Interrupt Events: Sounds good.

EXP: cool

Rooms: YES!

Item Drops: Please elaborate.

Vashyron
Jul 28, 2011, 12:11 PM
* Different worlds cannot interact with each other."Derp.

Probably the only thing I'm annoyed at.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 12:12 PM
Derp.

Seriously.....

that and maybe units, depending on how they're handled.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2011, 12:14 PM
Derp.

I really hate how they're going the whole WoW direction and making so your character only exists on the initial server you chose, and you have to make a new character(s) to play on a different server. That's....so stupid. Anyway,

The things that caught my attention:

Races:

* There are three races, however...
* Sakai says, "this is an online game, after all, so we could always decide to increase that number."

Awesome. I really sincerely hope that they add more races in future expansion packs or something like that.

Drop Items:

* The system is similar to that of PSZ and PSP2i.

Yes! I love the fact that everyone got their own drops in the handheld titles. Such an improvement over the invisible dice roll that was PSU's drop system. This makes me very happy!

Units:

* Units can be additional costume parts for your character.
* When equipped, units can change certain visuals of your costume.

Very awesome. Perhaps rocket boosters? Metal wings? Maybe even...oh, I don't know...

....a bikini unit? :wacko::wacko:

•Col•
Jul 28, 2011, 12:16 PM
I have to go right now, but I'll add all the new info to the OP later today... But for now..

Item Drops: Please elaborate.

Basically, item drops will be different between player to player. So for instance, we may be in the same party, and a rare may drop from a monster for me, but one didn't drop for you(it'll still send out a notice on the side saying that I found a rare though). But yeah, it helps cut down on arguing and whatnot over dropped items.

Plus, as long as there's trading it'll be fine.

And.... what.....

Secluded servers?

Why......

Why.

WHY?

WHY?

WHY?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
I actually mean elaborate on the "real luck" part, it made me lol. It was a joke, either way. XD

EDIT: Oh, on that note of secluded servers, who knows, maybe the Japanese will rage about them, and the system will change. I can't see the man player base liking such a huge change. Here's crossing my fingers.

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2011, 12:42 PM
Welp this game officially has everything I want in it now, I have no complaints. In fact I don't even know how to reply to such awesomeness just yet.

Now I just wanna play it.

Also anyone that's played JP PSU should know about the "worlds/entrances" thing it doesn't mean the servers aren't global. But with how awesome this game is in general, I can live without global play. Looks like I just took off another possible 5-10 years off of my social life.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 12:44 PM
Looks like I just took off another possible 5-10 years off of my social life.

Social life? Whazzat? :wacko:

RemiusTA
Jul 28, 2011, 01:53 PM
Secluded servers are PROBABLY a measure to make sure the global players are all situated correctly. It's a decent tradeoff IMO.

About techniques....he said you can only charge them if they're binded to a Rod, so that probably means you dont have to bind them to use them...?

Hopefully that means that Hunters and Rangers can still use Techniques, but can only use them to the fullest if they're equipped to a Rod (which is a force only weapon).

Sounds good to me. As long as they keep the variety. I'd llove to see a Lv 30 full charged Rafoie :0

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
Secluded servers are PROBABLY a measure to make sure the global players are all situated correctly. It's a decent tradeoff IMO.

About techniques....he said you can only charge them if they're binded to a Rod, so that probably means you dont have to bind them to use them...?

Hopefully that means that Hunters and Rangers can still use Techniques, but can only use them to the fullest if they're equipped to a Rod (which is a force only weapon).

Sounds good to me. As long as they keep the variety. I'd llove to see a Lv 30 full charged Rafoie :0

and that would be a good way to make forces more attractive, say the charge and all makes them hella powerful.

r00tabaga
Jul 28, 2011, 03:31 PM

Exactly what I was thinking & I LIKE IT!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 28, 2011, 04:59 PM
I hope this time the high level magic doesn't graphic lag like hell.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 05:41 PM
heheheheh, epic Foie of DC +20. XD

Musekaze
Jul 28, 2011, 06:38 PM
heheheheh, epic Foie of DC +20. XD

If that's a D&D joke you just gained points in my book.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 06:39 PM
If that's a D&D joke you just gained points in my book.

Anything that includes a dice roll, my friend. :P

Musekaze
Jul 28, 2011, 06:43 PM
Anything that includes a dice roll, my friend. :P

Just skip the semantics and marry me already.

•Col•
Jul 28, 2011, 06:45 PM
Phew. Updated with the new Famitsu info.

This media event sure has kept me busy. D:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 06:49 PM
Just skip the semantics and marry me already.

Only if you're cute. And a girl. XD

@Colaya: Keep up the good work, you're doing us all proud.

Have a drink, on the house! Milk, Pepsi, or 7 Up?

:milk: :pepsi: ::sevenup:

Musekaze
Jul 28, 2011, 06:53 PM
Only if you're cute. And a girl. XD

I don't think I qualify as either. O.O But this is the internet so I can pretend, right?...teehee. Giggle giggle...Nope, not working.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 06:55 PM
I don't think I qualify as either. O.O But this is the internet so I can pretend, right?...teehee. Giggle giggle...Nope, not working.

Gah, you're killing me here. :P

But seriously, though, I think our stupidity is starting to cause a clutter. :P

•Col•
Jul 28, 2011, 07:00 PM

Every person on the internet is a G.I.R.L.

Guy In Real Life

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 07:02 PM
Every person on the internet is a G.I.R.L.

Guy In Real Life

Not true! XD

Blueblur
Jul 28, 2011, 08:57 PM
There was a post a couple days ago with what I assume were translated abbreviations for the"Attribute Resistances". We should probably put that into the OP (if I can find the post).

Vashyron
Jul 29, 2011, 02:08 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Caseal.jpg

And; http://bumped.org/psublog/psp2i-dlc-the-scrapers/ < Goes over the elemental and resistance stuff which we already discussed here. :>

Touka
Jul 29, 2011, 03:33 AM
Approve of Focaseal having a humanoid face.Also her hair is mechanical which is pretty cool.That means caseals will have hairs unique to them.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 29, 2011, 04:50 AM
If that's a FOcast on the right side, then that is just sexy!

Hotobu
Jul 29, 2011, 05:46 AM
I laugh and cringe at the same time when people complain about segregated servers.

First of all one of the primary reasons for this is latency issues. Even though latency isn't nearly as important in a MMO as it is in a game like Street Fighter it does diminish the experience.

Also it's a way to handle traffic. It's ironic that folks are complaining about being on separate servers when everyone being on one would imply that the game's population is small enough for something like that not to matter as much... which I have to believe (a small population) is contrary to what everyone wants. It's like inviting 1000 people to a wedding and then bitching when you can't have a quaint ceremony in a small chapel.

Tyreek
Jul 29, 2011, 06:12 AM
Now THIS is the FOcasts I wanted! So very happy with the design choice they went with here.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hunewm.png

And a certain Newman has become more badass pimp then before.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 06:17 AM
That Newman hunter looks sick! I too like the "cleric" look of the FOcast and I wasn't really in favor of them originally but am onboard now.

Mizunos
Jul 29, 2011, 06:24 AM
Digging that FOnewm's funky look. FOcast looks great too

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 07:16 AM
I like how the character art design is kind of reminescent of Zone of Enders, but infused with "PSO DNA". Very nicely done so far.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:31 AM
I'm still iffy - I thought that they were going to go back to less organic looking CASTs. I thought I read that somewhere.

I mean, this look is nice, but at the same time....I don't really know what words fit this, this is a feeling somewhere between approving and disapproving...

Strange, to be sure.

Musekaze
Jul 29, 2011, 07:53 AM
I won't be satisfied until my RAcast can crack open each of his fingers and each of them having a component from a Swiss army knife. The thumb, of course, would be a lighter...all the other fingers would just be guns. :D

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 07:55 AM
I won't be satisfied until my RAcast can crack open each of his fingers and each of them having a component from a Swiss army knife. The thumb, of course, would be a lighter...all the other fingers would just be guns. :D

That would be epic, but instead of guns, have it be gasoline. Think about it.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:56 AM

so......Swiss army gun?

Musekaze
Jul 29, 2011, 07:58 AM
so......Swiss army gun?

Yes.

And on second though, gasoline would be epic. PS needs some good ol' flame throwers!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 08:12 AM
flamethrowers....Oh, dear, lets hope we don't accidently turn any other Petroleum based party members into once-living bombs.

Musekaze
Jul 29, 2011, 08:25 AM
Petroleum-based party members are expendable. They're wearing red shirts, are they not?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 08:30 AM
Petroleum-based party members are expendable. They're wearing red shirts, are they not?

Actually, I prefer gun-metal gra- HEY HOLD ON A SECOND!? EXPENDABLE!

Them's fightin' words, Rappy! Put 'em up! It's time for a cracking round of fisticuffs! Fight like a man you.....space.....chicken....*cough*

Oh second thought, wouldn't that be animal cruelty? ^^;

Crystal_Shard
Jul 29, 2011, 09:11 AM
Not too wild over the FONewearl's new default outfit, but crossing my fingers that they'll have some variants similar to what PSO did within class specific outfits. Of course, seeing as all signs point to being able to change outfits, as long as I can swap it out for something else, I should be able to find something suitable.

Here's hoping I can at least get rid of the damn hat once and for all. ^_^

On the other hand, I'm spoilt for choice over the current array of Caseal outfits. Deis mk?? is going to be a happy Caseal in Oracle.

Mention of tech linking almost gave me a shock, but at least it seems to be more or less clear what they actually mean.

The news about having separate worlds, and locking players to them is probably the only thing that's making me worried much like everyone else. Aside from the possibility that you may never be able to transfer characters, what about the possibility that Sega uses this to segregate content as well? That would mean that all of us bunching together on a server might spell doom for events, DLC, etc, etc, unless Sega really treats all servers equally. So far, I've avoided that by getting only JP versions, but it might not be totally possible in this case.

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 09:12 AM
Actually, I prefer gun-metal gra- HEY HOLD ON A SECOND!? EXPENDABLE!

Them's fightin' words, Rappy! Put 'em up! It's time for a cracking round of fisticuffs! Fight like a man you.....space.....chicken....*cough*

Oh second thought, wouldn't that be animal cruelty? ^^;

KFR? Its finger licking good.....

Hotobu
Jul 29, 2011, 09:33 AM
I'm most anxious to see what they're going to do with class balance without making everyone generally the same. If tradition holds a RAnewm will be so full of fail it'll be laughable. Like trying to drink coffee out of a colander, or eating soup with a fork.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
KFR? Its finger licking good.....

Haha, very funny, miss smarty pants. :P

I'm most anxious to see what they're going to do with class balance without making everyone generally the same. If tradition holds a RAnewm will be so full of fail it'll be laughable. Like trying to drink coffee out of a colander, or eating soup with a fork.

I wouldn't count out some of the classes just yet.

It'll be interesting to see what they do decide to do, either way. Maybe they'll set it up that while not as damaging as the other races, RAnewms have an easier time avoiding being hit. Given a Neuman's physical traits, it makes sense.

•Col•
Jul 29, 2011, 11:35 AM
I laugh and cringe at the same time when people complain about segregated servers.

First of all one of the primary reasons for this is latency issues. Even though latency isn't nearly as important in a MMO as it is in a game like Street Fighter it does diminish the experience.

Also it's a way to handle traffic. It's ironic that folks are complaining about being on separate servers when everyone being on one would imply that the game's population is small enough for something like that not to matter as much... which I have to believe (a small population) is contrary to what everyone wants. It's like inviting 1000 people to a wedding and then bitching when you can't have a quaint ceremony in a small chapel.

It doesn't imply that at all. AT ALL.

I don't even know where you got this stupid idea.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 11:42 AM
Seems like they were going for the black mage look of CAST...

If so they could've made it WWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY cooler...

Tyreek
Jul 29, 2011, 04:21 PM
Were? I thought this is what they ARE going for.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 04:23 PM
If it's a final design, they WERE making it, now they're not making it cause it was made. IT'S PAST TENSE WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO START?!

•Col•
Jul 29, 2011, 04:28 PM
Seems like they were going for the black mage look of CAST...

I don't get that vibe... I mean yeah, they made his armor shaped like a cloak with a hood, but still. Definitely not getting "Black Mage" from it at all.

Also, I was planning on using the HUmar clothes, but after seeing that HUnewm..... I think I might've just changed my mind...

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 04:40 PM
I don't get that vibe... I mean yeah, they made his armor shaped like a cloak with a hood, but still. Definitely not getting "Black Mage" from it at all.

Maybe if you're thinking classic FF black mage... but dark magic using magician in general this is how I'd describe it. :0

Niloklives
Jul 29, 2011, 04:40 PM
pssst - nice save, mike

Tyreek
Jul 29, 2011, 04:41 PM
If it's a final design, they WERE making it, now they're not making it cause it was made. IT'S PAST TENSE WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO START?!

Nothing. I just found it odd you put it in past tense. The design isn't finished for their models, otherwise we'd already have those lovely screenies for them in-game instead of the RAcast lookalikes in their place lol. But you speak of their design in general, so I'll give that a pass.

Now chill.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 04:46 PM
I don't see why they'd release it clear as day as official art to the public in the famitsu magazine if it wasn't final. and it doesn't have to be the final design for it to be properly placed in the past tense. D<

AND SHUT UP I'M HYPED UP ON CAFFEINE RIGHT NOW I'M NOT MAD, BUT I WON'T CHILL, OMG I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU!

@Nilok it was a nice save cause it was true, D8

I played FF enough to call magicians "mage," But not enough to only think of vivi, or the classic black mage, when I think of black magicians, who I call black mages.

Because to me they are the same thing, because mage is short for magician to me, so I call them black mages. ]:

Tyreek
Jul 29, 2011, 04:49 PM
WHY U SO MAD THO?

On topic: It seems the HUnewm design seems to be a slight throwback to PSZ's HUnewm. Just a thought.

Kierto
Jul 29, 2011, 05:20 PM
I'd keep tabs on the new PSO2 Facebook (www.facebook.com/sega.pso2) for hints and cryptic clues and stuff. Whoever runs it seems to reply frequently even if they don't give away much just yet. While it is presented and aimed at the Japanese, there is a chance English messages might get replies or posted if what they say is anything to go by.

Although since the link got out it has taken no time at all for it to become flooded with English "WILL COME TO USA???" and "consolesplz!" request messages..

EspioKaos
Jul 29, 2011, 05:26 PM
This morning, I posted the following, asking for clarification on what they meant by "global support" in the first teaser trailer.

このページを作ったありがとうございます!
一番目のティザームービーのキーワード「グローバル展開対応」と​は、何だろう?
世界中のプレイヤーと一緒に遊べるか?

I got this reply just a bit ago:

その答えは酒Pの心の中に。

"The answer lies in Sakai's mind."

Ah, well. Worth a shot!

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 05:29 PM
I liked PSZ's hunewm design because it reminded me of megaman, since they took out all of the megaman, I'm pretty hurt.

So he just looks like a pompous douche paladin from the future to me. :\

SephirothXer0
Jul 29, 2011, 05:48 PM
Wow, anyone else think the HUnewm looks very old school Phantasy Star? He could be Wren's brother.

The problem with this game is that every class and race looks so badass now, I can't decide who to pick!

Fullmetal Muffinman
Jul 29, 2011, 05:55 PM
Looks like ill be playing as a Force. p:

Miyoko
Jul 29, 2011, 06:38 PM
This morning, I posted the following, asking for clarification on what they meant by "global support" in the first teaser trailer.

I got this reply just a bit ago:

"The answer lies in Sakai's mind."

Ah, well. Worth a shot!

Has Sega of JP been asked directly about a stateside release? Or just SoA?

EspioKaos
Jul 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
Has Sega of JP been asked directly about a stateside release? Or just SoA?
Actually, yeah. I added at the end of my FB post "will players all across the world be able to play together." So the answer to that is only in Sakai's head, too. :(

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think we need global support, just good support, and a big enough community to give us a reason to get that good support.

We want the same treatment JP gets, but asking to be on the same server is the easy way out. :0

Of course I also doubt SEGA could treat us good aswell. Just saying, it may not be the end of the world.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 07:56 PM
Has anyone here tried to leave a message on this page?

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

something like this? アメリカ と ヨーロッパ でPSO2をご持参ください Please bring PSO2 to America and Europe!

If they get thousands of people sending this message, it will let them know that there are many many people in the US that want this game.

Fullmetal Muffinman
Jul 29, 2011, 08:14 PM
Has anyone here tried to leave a message on this page?

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

something like this? アメリカ と ヨーロッパ でPSO2をご持参ください Please bring PSO2 to America and Europe!

If they get thousands of people sending this message, it will let them know that there are many many people in the US that want this game.
Just Did.

D-Inferno
Jul 30, 2011, 08:09 AM
PSO2 is obviously coming to the US someday(English text on the Facebook page). What you should ask is to have the servers be shared in some form.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 30, 2011, 12:50 PM
America does not include Canada :(

Edit ---

Not that it matters, all they need to do to sent it north after the states is to tape a french instruction booklet to it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2011, 02:24 PM
America does not include Canada :(

Edit ---

Not that it matters, all they need to do to sent it north after the states is to tape a french instruction booklet to it.

Canada isn't included in north america?

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!!

Vashyron
Jul 30, 2011, 02:33 PM
Their facebook has reached 500 likes now, wonder how long it will take them to fulfill their promise.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2011, 02:51 PM
Their facebook has reached 500 likes now, wonder how long it will take them to fulfill their promise.

Which promise are you referring to?

Vashyron
Jul 30, 2011, 03:39 PM
http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1516

By the way, for each "like" the page gets, my HP goes up by 1 point! As a matter of fact, I have an arrangement with Sakai so that as my HP goes up, he may grant certain requests. I think my first goal will be 500 fans!

r00tabaga
Jul 30, 2011, 04:39 PM

Haha, I am responsible for like 4 of those 500 likes! I am gonna try and make my Facebook friends like it as well so that we show Japan how much we want this game..........as if they didn't already know.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2011, 04:44 PM
A few of my friends also "liked" the PSO2 page after they saw that I did the same. Hopefully we can get a bunch of little chain reactions like that.

Vashyron
Jul 30, 2011, 10:18 PM
Welp, no info from PSO2 on Facebook dispite it hitting 500 just yet, but...

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hucast.jpg

Official HUcast look of PSO2. Probably seen it around already, (like that one big artwork image we got long ago) but here it is confirmed to be HUcast.

r00tabaga
Jul 30, 2011, 11:13 PM
Welp, no info from PSO2 on Facebook dispite it hitting 500 just yet, but...

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hucast.jpg

Official HUcast look of PSO2. Probably seen it around already, (like that one big artwork image we got long ago) but here it is confirmed to be HUcast.

I want one!

MAXrobo
Jul 31, 2011, 10:52 AM
I like how the Cast designs are looking more like mecha this time, and not just people in armor like in PSU.

I love the leg design, they look like reverse-joint legs without actually having an extra joint.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 11:21 AM
I am definitely using those HUcast legs on my Cast! A bit draconic, but still awesome!

Hrith
Jul 31, 2011, 11:59 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hunewm.pngGood news, everyone, PSO2 only has one race!

hewitt
Jul 31, 2011, 09:51 PM
FOnewms kept their dumb hat...

yay (:

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2011, 06:37 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-races-and-classes/

Info on the races/classes.

ShinMaruku
Aug 1, 2011, 07:54 PM
What's that censored part of on the fonewearl?

Anon_Fire
Aug 1, 2011, 07:57 PM
What's that censored part of on the fonewearl?

Um, probably something that shouldn't be mentioned lol

jk, pantsu!!!

Randomness
Aug 1, 2011, 10:06 PM
All of a sudden, TONS OF SCREENS!!!! It's awesome.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 1, 2011, 10:10 PM
SUDDENLY

[SPOILER-BOX]SCREENSHOTS[/SPOILER-BOX]

RenzokukenZ
Aug 2, 2011, 05:00 AM
So Humans are balanced, Newmans are weak in strength but have high 'response to photon' and Casts are weak in 'photon response' but assumingly high on strength and perhaps defense.

Also, the news that the FOcast game model will differ considerably from the art designs has me irked.

redroses
Aug 2, 2011, 05:11 AM
Also, the news that the FOcast game model will differ considerably from the art designs has me irked.

That is only for the alpha test. I guess the models for the Focast, Fonewearl etc. aren't done yet, or they just don't want to release them in the alpha test.

RenzokukenZ
Aug 2, 2011, 05:13 AM
That is only for the alpha test. I guess the models for the Focast, Fonewearl etc. aren't done yet, or they just don't want to release them in the alpha test.

True, but I was really hoping to see that mechanical acolyte in all its game-rendered glory :-(

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 09:20 AM
So Humans are balanced, Newmans are weak in strength but have high 'response to photon' and Casts are weak in 'photon response' but assumingly high on strength and perhaps defense.

hold on, hold on.....WHAT!?

MasterSpark
Aug 2, 2011, 09:28 AM
hold on, hold on.....WHAT!?

It's likely only during the alpha test that the unique costume for the FOcast and others will be different from the artwork. It should come along later on.

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah, you could clearly see from the photos that the FOcast is just a purple recolor of the RAcast.

I'm sure it'll change.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 06:24 PM
It's likely only during the alpha test that the unique costume for the FOcast and others will be different from the artwork. It should come along later on.

Yeah, you could clearly see from the photos that the FOcast is just a purple recolor of the RAcast.

I'm sure it'll change.

So.....so is the artwork that they showed for the FOcast (the wizard-esque one) gonna be the final ingame model or not?

If not I'ma gonna Zonde a bitch.

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 06:39 PM
So.....so is the artwork that they showed for the FOcast (the wizard-esque one) gonna be the final ingame model or not?

It most likely will be.

Like I said, the FOcast on the character creation screen was just a purple RAcast. I'm sure they're going to change it.

Vashyron
Aug 2, 2011, 06:40 PM
They even talked about it, some models are not ready for the Alpha, you will see the Artwork ones in the completed game.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 06:45 PM
It most likely will be.

Like I said, the FOcast on the character creation screen was just a purple RAcast. I'm sure they're going to change it.

They even talked about it, some models are not ready for the Alpha, you will see the Artwork ones in the completed game.

That's what I thought, I just kinda paniced for a second...which is weird for me, come to think of it.

.....I do believe there is a screw loose somewhere. Oh, my, this just won't do....

Randomness
Aug 2, 2011, 06:47 PM

As long as newmans get higher evade or something to compensate for lower defense it's fine... Tech resistance is iffy on it's usefulness... it's rather hit or miss on relevance...

A RAnewearl could end up being interesting, if you end up with a really high evasion, guns, and solid offensive techs... it was always sad that the strength gained by tech hybrids has always been the healing part, rather than offense. It would be nice to be able to use techs almost as strong for damage but have minimal healing (as an option, that is). Maybe FOcaseals for that? High (for a ranged class) defense, high offensive techs (Maybe on par with a FOmar at best though), weak support, decent stats for using other weapon types.

MAXrobo
Aug 2, 2011, 07:25 PM
the phantasy star blog got updated and it shows the names of some of the enemies.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-races-and-classes/#comments

wasnt really sure where to post this but I dont think it needed a new thread.

most of the names seem to stay true to the phantasy star series which I think is quite nice. I noticed the rag rappys are now Nav rappys (which sounds kinda weird to me but whatever) and the dragon is now vol dragon. if i remember correctly, wasnt that the dragon from the spaceship place in PSO ep2? wonder if it has some connection.

also some nice close ups of the monsters. some of the designs seem a bit too... complicated.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:29 PM
the phantasy star blog got updated and it shows the names of some of the enemies.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-races-and-classes/#comments

wasnt really sure where to post this but I dont think it needed a new thread.

most of the names seem to stay true to the phantasy star series which I think is quite nice. I noticed the rag rappys are now Nav rappys (which sounds kinda weird to me but whatever) and the dragon is now vol dragon. if i remember correctly, wasnt that the dragon from the spaceship place in PSO ep2? wonder if it has some connection.

also some nice close ups of the monsters. some of the designs seem a bit too... complicated.

OH. MY. GOD.

[SPOILER-BOX]THE VOL BROTHERS TURNED INTO A DRAGON!?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 07:29 PM
I noticed the rag rappys are now Nav rappys (which sounds kinda weird to me but whatever)
This just makes logical sense, as they're named after the planet they're from.

"Rag rappies" being from Ragol, "Nav rappies" being from whatever Nav stands for.

MAXrobo
Aug 2, 2011, 07:32 PM

"Rag rappies" being from Ragol, "Nav rappies" being from whatever Nav stands for.

ah! that makes sense, didnt think of that. (still sounds weird)

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 07:33 PM
The name of the dragon on the spaceship in PSO is Gol Dragon....

Wait..... Vol Opt............ The dragon on the spaceship was part of a virtual reality program.....

VOL OPT TOOK OVER THE VR SYSTEM AND NOW LIVES ON IN THE FORM OF THE VOL DRAGON!!!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:35 PM
The name of the dragon on the spaceship in PSO is Gol Dragon....

Wait..... Vol Opt............ The dragon on the spaceship was part of a virtual reality program.....

VOL OPT TOOK OVER THE VR SYSTEM AND NOW LIVES ON IN THE FORM OF THE VOL DRAGON!!!

OH MY GOD.

What? (First PS game was PSU. I sowwy.)

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 07:42 PM
OH MY GOD.

What? (First PS game was PSU. I sowwy.)

Vol Opt was the boss of the Mines in PSO. It was virus thingie that could take over computers/machines and whatnot.

Also, I just noticed... Looking at the pictures, in the picture of the Vol Dragon, there are a handful of small enemies around.... That's kinda strange, because in all of the past games, when you got to the boss room.... It was just that. Just the boss.

I'm calling it right now... Giant insect boss that can lay eggs that hatch into little monsters to fight.

MAXrobo
Aug 2, 2011, 07:47 PM
Also, I just noticed... Looking at the pictures, in the picture of the Vol Dragon, there are a handful of small enemies around.... That's kinda strange, because in all of the past games, when you got to the boss room.... It was just that. Just the boss.

I'm calling it right now... Giant insect boss that can lay eggs that hatch into little monsters to fight.

I sure hope not, I hate it when bosses have help. it might be cool for one or two of the fights (like the insect boss) but i hope most of them are stand alone. make them feel more powerful and threatening that way.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:48 PM
I see. And about the smaller creatures in the room with the boss, I have an idea that I stated somewhere else.

Multiparty fights, imagine one or two groups having to fight off the adds (the smaller creatures) while one group fights the boss.

That'd be pretty cool.

Oh, and maybe...maybe, there could be a maze, where each party starts somewhere else, and they have to coordinate with one another, to open doors and such.

OH! OR, OR, they could have these huge waves rushing, and it's a madhouse fight for survival.

.....dammit, I'm salivating....

Vashyron
Aug 2, 2011, 07:51 PM

Or there are no longer always boss rooms per-say, (Imagine having to wait for 12 players at some sort of boss warp.) or that dragon is a miniboss, or the boss room is better designed than a massive box.

Also note worthy that PSU JP has had missions that have added Monsters along with the boss.

Touka
Aug 2, 2011, 07:51 PM
Imo the Vol in Vol Dragon stands for Volcano.I mean look at the area you fight him in.

MAXrobo
Aug 2, 2011, 07:52 PM
i just want to see a team of 12 hunters jumping on one dragons back at the same time :-D

what if for a multi party boss you had to fight 2 or 3 vol dragons at the same time... while in a maze... and fighting off minions.

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 07:52 PM
Now I want a survival mode. D:

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 08:00 PM
Salivating.....everyone has such good ideas......

Sol_Vent
Aug 2, 2011, 08:16 PM

It's Navelius, the only planet revealed so far.

Also, I can't believe I never realized that about Rappies. Ragol Rappies, Algol Rappies... I guess that's it.

Now I want a survival mode. D:

That would be glorious.

RenzokukenZ
Aug 2, 2011, 11:43 PM

The Vol Dragon does bear a resemblance to PSU's Bil De Golus, so maybe Sega took the inspiration a step further.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 11:52 PM
I would like to just be put in a huge room.

Then have wave after wave of monsters sent at my party including multiple bosses at once at an increasing difficulty.

I'd also like more things with a high scoring system. I liked actually putting in strategy and effort into some of the PSP2 event time attacks.

BIG OLAF
Aug 3, 2011, 12:06 AM
It's Navelius, the only planet revealed so far.

Where was this at? I've heard no news of this.

•Col•
Aug 3, 2011, 12:59 AM
I would like to just be put in a huge room.

Then have wave after wave of monsters sent at my party including multiple bosses at once at an increasing difficulty.

I'd also like more things with a high scoring system. I liked actually putting in strategy and effort into some of the PSP2 event time attacks.

That's exactly what I was thinking with the survival mode I mentioned.

And in the center of the giant room, have a small hill with a broken down ship or something. It would act as your "base", giving you a high ground advantage against the waves of enemies, and maybe even supply you with some items periodically or something like that.

Sol_Vent
Aug 3, 2011, 01:50 AM
Where was this at? I've heard no news of this.

From Ricardo's psublog:

Good Morning, Phantasy Star Online 2 Official Site updated today. News of the briefing is covered below from both Famitsu and 4gamer.

You, the player, are a member of the planet investigation team called the “Arks.” They travel aboard the space fleet “Oracle” to planets unknown. The first planet you visit is called ナベリウス Navelius (sp?). In the forest area, your first job is to defeat the beasts that roam the land who became brutal.

I guess it might still be inaccurate in some way, but I'd say it must be pretty close since the Rappy naming scheme that I just now noticed applies.

yoshiblue
Aug 3, 2011, 02:24 AM
So basically Star Trek lol

r00tabaga
Aug 3, 2011, 08:47 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking with the survival mode I mentioned.

And in the center of the giant room, have a small hill with a broken down ship or something. It would act as your "base", giving you a high ground advantage against the waves of enemies, and maybe even supply you with some items periodically or something like that.

So just copy Gears of War, CoD and Halo you mean?

RenzokukenZ
Aug 3, 2011, 08:54 AM
Survival modes or "Kill endless wave of enemies until you die" kind of modes have existed long before those games.

So in those terms, it would just be one of them as opposed to copying them.

r00tabaga
Aug 3, 2011, 09:00 AM
Survival modes or "Kill endless wave of enemies until you die" kind of modes have existed long before those games.

So in those terms, it would just be one of them as opposed to copying them.

Fine, he coulda just said that and we would've got his point. Most people like myself are more knowledgable with Survivor Mode, Horde Mode & Zombie Mode.

Edit: For the record, I would love this idea in PSO2. Call it Challenge Mode!

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 02:18 PM
He shouldn't have... had to say that...

STOP LOOKING AT THE DESCRIPTIONS AND DEFINITIONS IN BLACK AND WHITE!

r00tabaga
Aug 3, 2011, 06:18 PM
????? Instead of writing a whole page of your idea, you could've just said Horde Mode and we woulda got the point. Colaya said survival mode in one sentence 2 posts earlier.

BIG OLAF
Aug 3, 2011, 06:23 PM
From Ricardo's psublog:

----

I guess it might still be inaccurate in some way, but I'd say it must be pretty close since the Rappy naming scheme that I just now noticed applies.

Ah, I see. Guess I skimmed over that when I was reading the article.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 3, 2011, 07:49 PM
is there *any* info as to when the Alpha test may start?

RemiusTA
Aug 3, 2011, 07:55 PM
It's been so long and they've been "tweaking" it so much im not even going to call it an alpha test anymore.

This is looking more similar to the Loketests that fighting games do. Except they're holding back content.

r00tabaga
Aug 3, 2011, 07:55 PM
is there *any* info as to when the Alpha test may start?

Summer 2011.......however, take note that Japan's summer is not the same as in the U.S. or Europe.

Vashyron
Aug 3, 2011, 07:56 PM
Alpha Starts "Mid August."

RemiusTA
Aug 3, 2011, 08:06 PM
That means september.

r00tabaga
Aug 3, 2011, 08:09 PM
Or late October.

Vashyron
Aug 3, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hey, at least it's not running on Valve time.

(Sega Time?)

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 08:54 PM
????? Instead of writing a whole page of your idea, you could've just said Horde Mode and we woulda got the point. Colaya said survival mode in one sentence 2 posts earlier.

He's saying he wants tacos.

You're automatically assuming it's blowfish taco's for some reason, then calling him crazy.

D<

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 08:59 PM
He's saying he wants tacos.

You're automatically assuming it's blowfish taco's for some reason, then calling him crazy.

D<

DAMN THOSE BLOWFISH!!!! :argh:

Blueblur
Aug 3, 2011, 09:12 PM
That means september.

This will probably end up being true. I don't see this game coming out in 2011 at all.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 09:15 PM
This will probably end up being true. I don't see this game coming out in 2011 at all.

I guess I posted this in another topic, but I'll post it here as well.

Sakai said that they were aiming for a 2011 release date. It was later brought to my attention that the Japanese often use the "fiscal year" for announcements like this.

If that is correct, then "fiscal year 2011" could be as late as March 2012.

Blueblur
Aug 3, 2011, 09:24 PM

Sakai said that they were aiming for a 2011 release date. It was later brought to my attention that the Japanese often use the "fiscal year" for announcements like this.

Oh yea, saw your post elsewhere. I think they're aiming for the calendar year but I'm sure they'll be fine with delaying it until March 2012. As long as it hits before April 2012, it's sales will would boost their financial figures and make their 2011 fiscal year look great to investors. I totally expect that to happen.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 09:26 PM
Oh yea, saw your post elsewhere. I think they're aiming for the calendar year but I'm sure they'll be fine with delaying it until March 2012. As long as it hits before April 2012, it's sales will would boost their financial figures and make their 2011 fiscal year look great to investors. I totally expect that to happen.

If it helps Sega get back on their feet after pulling a lose, then by all means.

I just hope they decide to support the American and European fanbase, so we can support them in kind.

Ark22
Aug 3, 2011, 09:28 PM
Which means End of August, beginning of September O:

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 09:29 PM
Which means End of August, beginning of September O:

Very possible.

EDIT: Hmm, On that note, I'm getting some ideas for some stories I could write based on this world. I can't wait to see the game so I can make everything accurate.

Blueblur
Aug 3, 2011, 09:31 PM
If it helps Sega get back on their feet after pulling a lose, then by all means.

I just hope they decide to support the American and European fanbase, so we can support them in kind.

I'm with you on that one. The first real sign will be if the game launches simultaneously world wide. If they announce that then the outlook on "global support" shouldn't be too bad. :-)

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 09:35 PM
I'm with you on that one. The first real sign will be if the game launches simultaneously world wide. If they announce that then the outlook on "global support" shouldn't be too bad. :-)

If they announce a Simultaneous launch, I won't even care about independent worlds anymore. If we're all grouped together, then we all get updates at the same time. I can deal with being divided into worlds, as long as I'm ensured my regular content updates.

Angelo
Aug 3, 2011, 10:36 PM
Kind of off-topic, but is there a way I can subscribe to receive an email every time the Phantasy Star Fan Blog updates?

•Col•
Aug 3, 2011, 10:48 PM
Kind of off-topic, but is there a way I can subscribe to receive an email every time the Phantasy Star Fan Blog updates?

There's an RSS feed subscribe button on the main page.

RemiusTA
Aug 3, 2011, 11:25 PM

Wow okay, it makes sense now, lol. I was seriously thinking Sakai was off his rocker.

Why on earth would they do that though...? Is is standard for devs to announce videogames like that?

Darki
Aug 4, 2011, 12:26 AM
Well it's all for the propaganda, it looks earlier to say "fiscal 2011" than "mid 2012" and technically talking, they're not lying. xD

RemiusTA
Aug 4, 2011, 01:56 AM
But none of US care what fiscal year it lands in for THEM. We just want our game : P

They should have just said "before April 2012."

Which, honestly, still feels a bit too close.

jayster
Aug 4, 2011, 10:41 AM
edit: nvm didn't read.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 4, 2011, 12:25 PM
Wow okay, it makes sense now, lol. I was seriously thinking Sakai was off his rocker.

Why on earth would they do that though...? Is is standard for devs to announce videogames like that?

It's not really considered "standard." Though from what I understand, the Japanese do it regularly enough. The fiscal year is an international business standard, so that might have had something to do with it.

But none of US care what fiscal year it lands in for THEM. We just want our game : P

They should have just said "before April 2012."

Which, honestly, still feels a bit too close.

Well, if you're a shareholder, you'd care, considering Sega posted losses for the first half of this Fiscal year.

Not that I'm a shareholder, mind you, but the more money Sega losses, the less they have for assets and production of say.....PSO2?

A worrisome thought, for sure.

l3iohazard
Aug 5, 2011, 10:19 AM
I haven't been on pso world in like a year and I thought what the hell I'll see what's up. Now there's a PSO2!!!!! fuck ya

r00tabaga
Aug 5, 2011, 12:13 PM
I haven't been on pso world in like a year and I thought what the hell I'll see what's up. Now there's a PSO2!!!!! fuck ya

Btw, I love your biohazard spin there! ;)

thebelovedkid
Aug 6, 2011, 11:16 PM
*drool* wants a release date NAOW! (beside the usual 2011..kmon were in august now!)

Rizen
Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 AM
It's pretty much settled for me. I am definitely buying the JP release. Like with PSU, I will take screenshots, videos, and FAQs/Tutorials.

Mizunos
Aug 8, 2011, 06:15 AM
more concept-art

http://imgup.com/image-E9E9_4E3FC4ED.jpg

http://imgup.com/image-61AD_4E3FC85E.jpg

r00tabaga
Aug 8, 2011, 07:26 AM
The HUney looks pretty badass. Mix of flesh and armor is better than all armor but she looks intimidating enuff as it is. The FOcast design ain't bad either but as with all casts, just give me a ton of part options and I'll be happy!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2011, 08:24 AM
The FOcast for today is - DEATH. >:D

Rizen
Aug 8, 2011, 09:26 AM
The HUney looks pretty badass. Mix of flesh and armor is better than all armor but she looks intimidating enuff as it is. The FOcast design ain't bad either but as with all casts, just give me a ton of part options and I'll be happy!
Casts are like legos: the more parts you have, the more fun you will have!

Fayorei
Aug 8, 2011, 11:23 AM
I was hoping the 1000 likes mark would make the HUnewearl art appear! I need to get cracking on some fanart now.:D

RemiusTA
Aug 8, 2011, 11:52 AM
They kept the non-midriff version of the Hunewearl outfit (like her Ep.2 all-white outfit)

Im officially in love with these guys.

MasterSpark
Aug 8, 2011, 02:53 PM
Ooooooh I hope they'll release the concept art for the FOnewm soon. Man, am I pumped up about that class and it's appearance or what! :D

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 03:02 PM
Ooooooh I hope they'll release the concept art for the FOnewm soon. Man, am I pumped up about that class and it's appearance or what! :D

There already is art for FOnewm :}

MasterSpark
Aug 8, 2011, 03:04 PM
There already is art for FOnewm :}

Well, yeah, but I want to see him from different angles like we get to do with the HUmar, FOnewearl and now the HUnewearl and FOcast too. More details. :)

ShadowDragon28
Aug 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
mmm. Delicious.

BIG OLAF
Aug 8, 2011, 06:36 PM
I love the HUnewearl more and more every day. Look at that cute lil' tushy. Someone should submit an avatar of the HUney's face from this concept art, to see if it would get accepted.

Oh, and the FOcast looks awesome. That look really shows "magic robot."

Ryna
Aug 8, 2011, 06:54 PM
Someone should submit an avatar of the HUney's face from this concept art, to see if it would get accepted.

I was just editing the HUnewearl face. Perhaps it will be available in the next update.

It'd be helpful if these images were just a little bit larger.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2011, 09:18 PM
On a serious note, the design of the FOcast is actually really believable. (Believable, lol) It does a good job of looking similar to robes, while still clearly being mechanical.

AzureBlaze
Aug 8, 2011, 09:28 PM
FOcast is certainly interesting if a tad impractical. (giant bellbottoms)
Can't say I'm a fan of its face either, but hopefully we get zillions of swappable faces.

Does anyone know why FOcast didn't appear in the "Charcreate ring"?
Like the Caseal ring has all 3 caseals, but the Cast ring has a pallet swap of the RAc where the FOcast should be. (Maybe he had such clipping issues...with those over-huge parts I wouldn't be surprised) I can't find anything why they said they did this or not.

*I ask because I like the in-game HUcast art better than their concept art piece, maybe I will like FOcast better too

HUnewearl looks interesting. The armor/suit thing looks more 'battle gear' than 'mall clothes' which is good but what about those long sleeve/flaps or whatever? Were those in the screenshots?

The only thing 'not quite right here' (aside from the usual gripe of "Put EVERY GIRL in HEELS ALL the time!" which is boring design I think in shoes. Shoes can be super awesome in a wide variety of ways & styles if enough thought is put in there--hopefully we see this with custom shoe options)

is the plumbers' butt crack she has going on. Her micro half a panty is seemingly glued on but then it doesn't go all the way up too? Plumbers butt just seems a little wacky there/shoe-horned into the design.

Also: why is all the female character art SO TRYING to resemble the PSO NPCs?
Clearly she's designed after Sue with the vertical ears, tan color & pink hair in Sue's 'do
The FOmarl is clearly based on Alicia Baz (Blue/yellow/gray/white dress & big hat)
The FOnewearl is based on Rupika (purple & black, pale beige, sideways ears)
Caseal/RA/FO went more Shino with the same ponytail

And since that's the case, why didn't they do it with the guys?
1 exception for the guys is the FOmar who went blue & got the big square hat

I can see why they would want to make it resemble, it's so that people will associate them with the PSO people / nostalgia /make it seem more 'pso'ish. That's good! But that doesn't explain why they won't do it with any of the males. Ash's orange too 'unbadass'?
Why does an Elenor / Shino clone appear in every iteration of PSeverything but the rest of the characters seem to change around them? I always found that odd too.

Is there a 2000 likes prize?
I'm captain anti-social so I do not have facebook.

D-Inferno
Aug 8, 2011, 10:00 PM
Certain costumes won't be present in the alpha.

Mizunos
Aug 9, 2011, 06:19 AM
http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/entry-10980733189.html

- Sakai is well aware that overseas players are eager for the game
- Alpha will not start this week but he will announce a date very soon

Mike
Aug 9, 2011, 08:23 AM
- Alpha will not start this week but he will announce a date very soon
But only to the alpha testers. Everybody else has to wait until one of the alpha testers spills the beans.

EDIT: But the latest the alpha can possibly take place without ruining the current testing schedule is end of August/first week of September. They wont miss TGS. That would be a very big setback.

•Col•
Aug 9, 2011, 11:08 AM
Tempted to delete this thread.... Not serving any purpose right now. :l

Enforcer MKV
Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 AM
I dunno, I think that it's still alright. It's nice that the first post has most (if not all) of the information released about the game.

For the record, I, for one really appreciate you going through the trouble of collecting everything in a neat, orderly fashion.

Kudos to you, sir.

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2011, 02:27 PM
The sticky it here to help people in general. If people want to make a thread about a certain topic that was answered in a sticky doesn't mean the sticky was useless. Just means a few people don't pay attention.

And that's just the way it is, grats on getting this stickied and whatever, but it's not just to give you attention or fame or anything. So don't sound so offended if there's not a lot of activity floating around the thread or whatever.

I would assume people ARE reading this, and it IS useful that it includes all/most of the things we know about this game so far and the sources. (especially with people arguing over those little things left and right.) Plus there's lurkers.

So yeah don't say such irresponsible things.

Calsetes
Aug 9, 2011, 03:22 PM
I'm really not a fan of the male cast force's look, just because it's "a robot wearing robes." I liked the "clothing" aspect of Universe a lot more in that regard. Still, if I can somehow have a force that doesn't look like he's ready to go to space church, then I'm happy.

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2011, 03:25 PM
Hah!

"Space church."

ShinMaruku
Aug 9, 2011, 05:09 PM
Thong armour. I told you guy's she has thng armour. Oh Sega and the hunewearl tartin them up.

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2011, 05:39 PM
That's a thong? I dunno what that is...

Guess sega wanted to try something unique looking and killing 2 birds with one stone of the SEX.

Since tetsuya nomura already got a monopoly on belts, zippers and chains.

Mizunos
Aug 11, 2011, 04:30 AM
Alpha dates announced: from august 18th to the 27th, 4pm to 11pm JST. however, the servers will only be reachable on august 18, 19, 23, 26 and 27th (this needs confirmation)

RenzokukenZ
Aug 11, 2011, 04:42 AM
Any news on how the alpha will be distributed?

Ce'Nedra
Aug 11, 2011, 04:56 AM
Alpha dates announced: from august 18th to the 27th, 4pm to 11pm JST. however, the servers will only be reachable on august 18, 19, 23, 26 and 27th (this needs confirmation)

Source?

Mizunos
Aug 11, 2011, 06:30 AM
The dates were posted by japanese people on twitter, i can't verify for sure since i did not apply for the alpha but the schedule seems to match up.

Blueblur
Aug 11, 2011, 06:31 AM
Someone had called it that it'd only be a week long. This is more or less that. Super short.

Vashyron
Aug 11, 2011, 08:28 AM
Oh look at that. Alpha Test PR Stunt. :>

RemiusTA
Aug 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
This is a pathetic alpha test. 5 days?

They probably have revealed everything thats going to be in the alpha. There's really no reason for it at this point imo.

BIG OLAF
Aug 11, 2011, 10:36 AM
And here I was, going to be all jealous of the people in the Alpha. Never mind.

Lyric
Aug 11, 2011, 10:38 AM
Well the main point of an Alpha (and Beta) test is to get rid of bugs and get feedback, not just revealing the goods. Definitely still needed... though only five days? That's not much of a testing period.

Angelo
Aug 11, 2011, 11:50 AM
I'm going to assume that the only reason they're inviting people into an alpha test is to stress test the servers and possibly find bugs related to latency issues.

Remember that alpha tests are traditionally done completely in-house. Even the majority of online games only allow non-paid employees into an alpha test on very, very rare occasions.

This is NOT a beta.

•Col•
Aug 11, 2011, 12:58 PM
Added the alpha dates to the OP.

condiments
Aug 11, 2011, 01:47 PM
I'm going to assume that the only reason they're inviting people into an alpha test is to stress test the servers and possibly find bugs related to latency issues.

Remember that alpha tests are traditionally done completely in-house. Even the majority of online games only allow non-paid employees into an alpha test on very, very rare occasions.

This is NOT a beta.

I assume this as well. The game might actually be farther along than we realize. Its going to be cool that we could hear reactions to the gameplay from alpha testers. It would be easier to form realistic expectations if its not 'ZOMG AWESUM' as we expect to be.

ShinMaruku
Aug 11, 2011, 01:55 PM
Well the main point of an Alpha (and Beta) test is to get rid of bugs and get feedback, not just revealing the goods. Definitely still needed... though only five days? That's not much of a testing period.

More of a stress test than just bugs also feed back Betas are the bug squashing part alpha's generally are just too early to bug test.
That and these guys have been using this term too loosley fuck pr this is a focus group test. Atleast Tera online has balls to call em focus group tests :P

RemiusTA
Aug 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
The alpha WAS supposed to be use for player feedback in the development of the game. 5 Days is hardly enough time to get acquainted with the systems and "metagame" of how the classes will turn out.

This is not an Alpha test, it might as well be an "early Beta". There's nothing about this game that screams Alpha to me right now. It seems like they're damn near finished with designing all the aspects of the game. Not to mention, this "ALPHA" test won't even include key aspects of the gameplay, like Mags and whatnot. This looks to be no different than a simple demo...

Focus group test is a much better term, you're right. Unfortunately, my first guess on this was correct -- "Alpha" is just a scapegoat adjective they're using to show things without people getting uppity or beginning to bash what they're seeing. At this point in development i really don't believe the players will have any real significant impact on anything.

NoiseHERO
Aug 11, 2011, 03:23 PM
Unless they were really holding on what they were showing us...

It still seems like even though we've only seen probably 12% of the game, it's easy to tell we're not missing much on the other 88%...

Still, there really could be a lot going on that they don't feel like showing us.

and we don't know how much they're willing to change what they have in terms of the battle system, character creation, or a few knickknacks and whatever.

Even if it looks kinda solid right now doesn't mean they can't tweak things. Otherwise yeah, why bother calling it an alpha... May as well call it a crappy on hands sneak peak or a demo.

cheapgunner
Aug 11, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm hoping the dev. team changes the individual world idea and go with psu's universe system at least. I'm going on a limb and say that the individual world idea might be them as others have said trying to test how much stress the servers can manage.

RemiusTA
Aug 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
i highly doubt it'll even be that serious, honestly.

Hatemachine
Aug 11, 2011, 06:45 PM
Aye the PSU styles of system isn't very good, a limited number of people on a single server, making it hard for you to want to go and play with your friends and with a half dozen or so servers left unoccupied.

That's just a waste of resources to keep up something like that and maintain the annoying aspects situated with trying to get into the hotspot universe during prime time play.

Population administration is ALWAYS a major hassle with MMO's as everyone tends to wanna be on the most populous servers, and rightfully so, that's why you PLAY an MMO lol.

Also they tend to do server stress testing during beta's, least for the MMO's I've beta played, they usually have some event that's special to the beta only and will grant an item or some modicum of status and achievement that entices the entire beta population to focus in one area and PILE ON the data loads.

Just have to play wait n see.

ShinMaruku
Aug 12, 2011, 01:19 AM
5 day can get data for them maybe not so much for us but that is ample time for them to get some things out like stressing the servers seeing how their group mechanic works off the bat.

That said this ain't an MMO so there could be some use.
Again pr and pre release info and engagement in gaming has always been been terrible .

RemiusTA
Aug 12, 2011, 10:11 AM
I assure you, if they were to literally approach designing this game with the mindset some of you so desperately hold on to that PSO2 "isn't an MMO", then this game is going to be absolutely positively terrible.

It's especially funny, since nobody here has been ale to back up the claim that even PSO wasn't an MMO without referencing some other game that plays 100% completely different and released years after the fact...

Enforcer MKV
Aug 12, 2011, 05:12 PM
I assure you, if they were to literally approach designing this game with the mindset some of you so desperately hold on to that PSO2 "isn't an MMO", then this game is going to be absolutely positively terrible.

It's especially funny, since nobody here has been ale to back up the claim that even PSO wasn't an MMO without referencing some other game that plays 100% completely different and released years after the fact...

*jumps in a foxhole with his rifle ready, awaiting the flamewar over MMO status to start again.*

RemiusTA
Aug 13, 2011, 01:02 AM
Yeah you're right, i dont even know why i took that bait....

i r ashamed

pikachief
Aug 13, 2011, 02:27 AM

Yes please stop bringing up your argument on your opinion on what you think an MMO is. it only causes pointless arguements that will never be solved on either side.

If PSO was an MMO it wouldn't play 100% completely different than the other games we call MMO. It would be at least a little bit similar, at least in the parts that make it an MMO.

I tried to resist but i couldn't :( Just ignore the spoiler :(

NoiseHERO
Aug 13, 2011, 08:45 AM
Yes please stop bringing up your argument on your opinion on what you think an MMO is. it only causes pointless arguements that will never be solved on either side.

If PSO was an MMO it wouldn't play 100% completely different than the other games we call MMO. It would be at least a little bit similar, at least in the parts that make it an MMO.

I tried to resist but i couldn't :( Just ignore the spoiler :(

Remius already wanted to drop it...

WHAT THE HELL, MAN?

Enforcer MKV
Aug 13, 2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah you're right, i dont even know why i took that bait....

i r ashamed

Hey, no worries, buddy. We're all one big dysfunctional family, am I right?

But seriously, it's no big. I personally am not worried about what it's classified as, words and titles aren't important, it's what's in the game that counts.

Anyway!

OMG GUYZ I R SO EXCITED ABOUT THIZ GAME!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fayorei
Aug 13, 2011, 01:53 PM
Guys guys! IT IS AN MMORPG!!!! COME ON.

Most Marvelous Online RPG

But seriously though, hope a release date is mentioned soon.:)

ShinMaruku
Aug 13, 2011, 03:06 PM

When one goes into semantics and strict definitions something is what it is and is never what's it's not.
Like Pluto not being a planet for example. I expect some salt. :E

Release date? I want some time with the game myself and I want to see less than 10% of Sonic team working on it.
I hope they get back to the days where they have some western guys making sense out of some of the stuff. Too often Japanese devs make great games that have fucked up ui that complicates things and undermines the good engine and gameplay.

goombazoid
Aug 16, 2011, 09:34 AM
Not sure where to post it, but the PSO2 facebook page uploaded more character art for getting 2000 likes:

Fomarl:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/294830_194893660575312_184356218295723_518241_4499 308_n.jpg

Fonewm:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299474_194895397241805_184356218295723_518251_5454 367_n.jpg

Ryoten
Aug 16, 2011, 09:38 AM
Didn't see the Fonewm on the page but the Fomarl looks sexy. I always say that the Fonewm are the pimps in the pso series.

RenzokukenZ
Aug 16, 2011, 09:47 AM
Can't help but notice that the FOs have some sort of Shield-Guard thing on their hand and the other classes do not have them.

RemiusTA
Aug 16, 2011, 09:59 AM
When one goes into semantics and strict definitions something is what it is and is never what's it's not.
Like Pluto not being a planet for example. I expect some salt. :E

CANT....RESIST....UUBBBWAAAAAAUGBLUGHBULB

Pluto was more of a classification kind of thing, it's not semantics; as we get smarter of our surroundings, if we kept calling Pluto a planet then we'd have issues as we kept going on.

See, i didn't even bring up the MMO argument. I bet you thought this was going to rail you for it, didn't you? HA, you're WRONG!

Fomarl looking sexy. Fonewm looking like he's gonna be my main this time around.

I actually like all of the Force outfits, they're a nice spin on their PSO counterparts. Im especially happy the Fonewearl outfit isn't a 2011 PSP2i rendition like i thought it was going to be. I was cringing expecting something similar to the PSP2i Human Female Default to pop up.....

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 10:24 AM
So I heard this game is gonna have gameguard.

You're all boned.

condiments
Aug 16, 2011, 10:42 AM
Force Skill Tree (Verified)
Flame Mastery > Photon Flare >Flame Tech S Charge
Ice Mastery > Freeze Ignition > Freeze Tech Boost
Mirage Escape
Bolt Mastery > Bolt Tech PP Save

Mirage escape sounds pretty badass to me. I'm assuming its a blink/teleport in a direction maybe.

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 11:18 AM
Or you're just imagining things too much and it's ryuker.

No seriously though, we have frikken gameguard.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 16, 2011, 11:25 AM
Or you're just imagining things too much and it's ryuker.

No seriously though, we have frikken gameguard.

Wait, seriously?

Surely you jest.

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 11:31 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/

"Alpha Test User Relay

-nProtect seems to be used, it was updated when installing the game. (Verified)

-“It is forbidden to disclose information to any outside websites, forums, video sites, twitter, etc. (Verified)

-Mags (not in alpha), My Room (not in alpha) (Verified)

-Item Trade Function (not in alpha) (Verified)

-PSU Lobby Actions are temporary, they have plans to implement new lobby actions in the future. (Verified)"

amtalx
Aug 16, 2011, 11:37 AM
Pluto was originally determined to be a planet due to lack of information on Pluto itself, and a loose definition on what can attain planetary status. As more discoveries were made in the outer planets, astronomers were faced with the choice of either adding a ludicrous number of bodies to the list of plants, or redefining what a planet is. The decision was made to reclassify Pluto and downgrade it's status instead of having a list of twenty planets.

That's not quite the same as PSO being an MMO since the definition of an MMO is rather old and still pretty clear. The one characteristic that's shared among all "true" MMOs is a persistent world. Basically meaning if the game world is instanced, it's not a classically defined MMO. Some games (like PSO) use a hybrid system where only certain parts of the game world are persistent, and the rest is instanced. Since only hub worlds appear to be persistent, and all combat areas are instanced, I'm inclined to simply refer to it as an ORPG.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 16, 2011, 11:37 AM

"Alpha Test User Relay

-“It is forbidden to disclose information to any outside websites, forums, video sites, twitter, etc. (Verified)

-Mags (not in alpha), My Room (not in alpha) (Verified)

-Item Trade Function (not in alpha) (Verified)

-PSU Lobby Actions are temporary, they have plans to implement new lobby actions in the future. (Verified)"

.........FLYING BIRDA KICKA!
Oh, well. ^^;

EDIT: I SAW SOMETHING ABOUT THE MMO DISCUSSION. DAMMIT, I'MA GONNA BLOW MY WHISTLE AT YOU SO HARD......

(lol...)

RemiusTA
Aug 16, 2011, 11:56 AM
N-protect, you say? Oh, pity.

To the birds, with this topic, yes?

That's not quite the same as PSO being an MMO since the definition of an MMO is rather old and still pretty clear. The one characteristic that's shared among all "true" MMOs is a persistent world. Basically meaning if the game world is instanced, it's not a classically defined MMO. Some games (like PSO) use a hybrid system where only certain parts of the game world are persistent, and the rest is instanced. Since only hub worlds appear to be persistent, and all combat areas are instanced, I'm inclined to simply refer to it as an ORPG.MUST. RESIST.

Mizunos
Aug 16, 2011, 12:56 PM
Screen title BGM: http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm15327282

Vashyron
Aug 16, 2011, 01:04 PM
Annnd here comes the leaks. :>

•Col•
Aug 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
Mirage escape sounds pretty badass to me. I'm assuming its a blink/teleport in a direction maybe.

Well we've already seen a Force teleport, so yeah, that's probably what Mirage Escape is.

EDIT: AND OH GOD THAT BGM.... *tear*...

It sounds like a PSO song... Im racking my head trying to figure out which one though. Can anyone help?

condiments
Aug 16, 2011, 01:41 PM
Well we've already seen a Force teleport, so yeah, that's probably what Mirage Escape is.

EDIT: AND OH GOD THAT BGM.... *tear*...

It sounds like a PSO song... Im racking my head trying to figure out which one though. Can anyone help?

So its good?! Damn I'm at work I can't listen. D:

Does it sound like the PSO title screen/menu bgm?

Vashyron
Aug 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
Various parts sound like PSO tracks, it uses very similar 'synth pads.'

blace
Aug 16, 2011, 01:45 PM
So its good?! Damn I'm at work I can't listen. D:

Does it sound like the PSO title screen/menu bgm?
It sounds like a combination of Seabed and some PSO ep. 3.

•Col•
Aug 16, 2011, 01:51 PM
Various parts sound like PSO tracks, it uses very similar 'synth pads.'

Yeah... I think it did just remind me of various PSO songs... The intro is kinda similiar to the PSO character creation BGM.... Another part reminds me of Forest 2... And then there is another song which I can't remember...

kyuuketsuki
Aug 16, 2011, 02:39 PM
Loving that BGM.

But, Gameguard again? Really? WHAT THE ($%* SEGA?!

Maybe, just maybe the real system isn't ready yet so they're just using Gameguard for the Alpha. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

condiments
Aug 16, 2011, 02:46 PM
Loving that BGM.

But, Gameguard again? Really? WHAT THE ($%* SEGA?!

Maybe, just maybe the real system isn't ready yet so they're just using Gameguard for the Alpha. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

And its up to Sega to summarily crush them.;-)

Rizen
Aug 16, 2011, 03:36 PM
Even Nexon ditched Gameguard....although Hackshield isn't much better...

Let's just hope they realize in the NA release they need to keep up with updates and have GMs to back the system...

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2011, 03:44 PM
Pluto was originally determined to be a planet due to lack of information on Pluto itself, and a loose definition on what can attain planetary status. As more discoveries were made in the outer planets, astronomers were faced with the choice of either adding a ludicrous number of bodies to the list of plants, or redefining what a planet is. The decision was made to reclassify Pluto and downgrade it's status instead of having a list of twenty planets.

That's not quite the same as PSO being an MMO since the definition of an MMO is rather old and still pretty clear. The one characteristic that's shared among all "true" MMOs is a persistent world. Basically meaning if the game world is instanced, it's not a classically defined MMO. Some games (like PSO) use a hybrid system where only certain parts of the game world are persistent, and the rest is instanced. Since only hub worlds appear to be persistent, and all combat areas are instanced, I'm inclined to simply refer to it as an ORPG.

Exactly so.
People need to stop riding the PSO is a MMO bandwagon. You don't want those people they are terrible. Look at wow's community and tell me you want that. :P

That said, foces have blink eh? Mke it like how dragon's nest mages are and I'd be happy. Give them a mid range battle mage type thing where you throw spells right near you so you can stare your enemy right in his eyes, snatch his soul out his shirt and take him for a ride.

Then we can have a longer range force where you are fairy far away and you blow them to shit. The blink like skill can be used for both. Depending on your set up it's a longer or shorter ranged affair. So glad they are ignore the pvp implications. Less moving parts less chance of it breaking.

Vashyron
Aug 16, 2011, 03:50 PM
Who says the Teleporting Tech is for forces only. :>

(Maybe, maybe not. :wacko:)

condiments
Aug 16, 2011, 03:55 PM
Who says the Teleporting Tech is for forces only. :>

(Maybe, maybe not. :wacko:)

I'm guessing that if these sub classes exist, choosing one will allow you to access to part of that classes skill tree. So I guess it depends how far the "teleport" tech is on the tree or if its a force only tech.

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2011, 04:21 PM
Better be or I shall be making a silvermoon. :E

kazuuya
Aug 16, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hopefully Gameguard is just temporary used. :/ If not that's just fail lol.
Also I really love the BGM Menu thing! *A* It does sound pretty cool and relaxing. Can't wait to hear more Music in the Future.

Masterflower
Aug 16, 2011, 04:48 PM
The fact that this Alpha Test isn't gonna be on my PC kills me inside lol.

•Col•
Aug 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
Since people apparently didn't know about the teleporting....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITG2-0BUVo&list=FLnEvUqppx2TI&index=1

2:06 in the video

Masterflower
Aug 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
Since people apparently didn't know about the teleporting....

2:06 in the video

Lol I though it was just a flash dodge that the force was using.

Malachite
Aug 16, 2011, 05:44 PM
Man, if they seriously stick with gameguard, it will be the first huge disappointment about this game for me.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 16, 2011, 05:58 PM
Someone mind reminding me about Gameguard? It's been forever since I used a PC game (cause this netbook SUCKS, thank god I'm getting a new computer soon) and I am ignorant. XP

Also, loving the menu theme. I'm close to breaking 50 times of listening to this on a loop. I may hit 75 before tomorrow.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 16, 2011, 07:48 PM
Well, there goes using my precious laptop for PSO2. Was a shame too. Now to go buy an ultra cheap HDD and drive bay to ensure this crap doesn't pollute my desktop.

Wonder if anyone will complain about it on the PSO2 Facebook page...

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 07:59 PM
Ah... That was teleporting? I thought it was some Peter Pan glide...

I'd like it better if it was more aggressive like Ace's teleporting in FF type-0...

But meh...

If they do tweak that for speed or something DO'HOHO Being a melee-mage will be awesome.

Randomness
Aug 16, 2011, 08:04 PM
Man, if they seriously stick with gameguard, it will be the first huge disappointment about this game for me.

The thing is, that if everything of import is server-side, they shouldn't need to have any software of that sort... But that is, I suppose, an ideal case.

Tetsaru
Aug 17, 2011, 05:20 AM

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/554/original/facepalm.jpg?1248715065