PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Info Thread(Last Updated 5-18-12) + Beta Registration Guide

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

BioWarrior
Aug 22, 2011, 07:25 PM
Barta is more of a projectile like foie this time though, that surprised me. Zonde is back to it's lightning bolt style from PSO though^^

MAXrobo
Aug 22, 2011, 07:44 PM
i love the blue lightning, it looks awesome!

•Col•
Aug 22, 2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah... Blue lightning always looks more badass.

Yellow electricity just looks cartoonish.

AfroGuy!
Aug 22, 2011, 07:59 PM
we have only seen barta used mid-air right? i hope it stays the same as its always been on the ground

BioWarrior
Aug 22, 2011, 08:13 PM
we have only seen barta used mid-air right? i hope it stays the same as its always been on the ground

In the press conference video you see the fomarl use it from the ground too. It's an icicle projectile.

Serephim
Aug 22, 2011, 09:12 PM
I really hope they dont try to make each technique identical to the others except a different element. Like in PSU.

That was so lame.

BioWarrior
Aug 22, 2011, 09:22 PM
I really hope they dont try to make each technique identical to the others except a different element. Like in PSU.

That was so lame.

Zonde is already confirmed to be a lightning bolt again, and the description of barta makes it sound like it'll eventually be a multihit tech.

Serephim
Aug 22, 2011, 09:36 PM
Oh. Im happy then :3

Unless we got cheated, and it's actually Razonde. (THE PREFIX SYSTEM, NUUUUUU)

BioWarrior
Aug 22, 2011, 10:19 PM
Nah, the description in the datamining files says it's a single bolt of lightning.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 23, 2011, 01:32 AM
That pic of the Razonde by itself is enough to make me want to start out as a Force...

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 23, 2011, 02:44 AM
http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/image/element/20110726/ss_20_l.jpg

INDIGNATION!!! :D

Vashyron
Aug 23, 2011, 06:31 AM
Not posted here yet? Pfft.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-alpha-test-first-impressions/

http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20110822011/screenshot.html?num=006

Also you can see a poisoned cast in one of those pictures.

GCoffee
Aug 23, 2011, 06:41 AM
Well, those impressions do not reveal anything new, hence there wasn't really a need to post them here.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, almost forgot about it.

The PSO2 peaceful Forest and battle Forest BGMs seem very similiar to Desolate Scapes and Desolate Wilds from PSZ respectively.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 23, 2011, 09:21 AM
In the game files this is found:

ObjectHelicopterType_DropRareEnemy

So I think rare enemies are in PSO2 :) can't see that in the first post

Vashyron
Aug 23, 2011, 12:11 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-alpha-test-first-impressions/ Was updated, has more pictures and observations.

WiZ1988
Aug 23, 2011, 01:37 PM
In the game files this is found:

ObjectHelicopterType_DropRareEnemy

So I think rare enemies are in PSO2 :) can't see that in the first post

I really hope so!! This game keeps looking better and better each day.

Vashyron
Aug 23, 2011, 01:39 PM
I don't think it had to be confirmed by Datamining that there would be Rare enemies. I would seriously be surprised if there weren't. :)

What that did tell me though is that the drop ships can drop rare/monsters in those boxes.

BioWarrior
Aug 23, 2011, 01:41 PM
I've already seen the PSZero rappies in a video. I'm assuming they're rare monsters.

Serephim
Aug 23, 2011, 02:14 PM
INDIGNATION!!! :D

Does anyone see what i see?

It looks like instead of just a simple graphic (PSU), the lightning strikes are actually branching out to specific enemies (PSO Gizonde)

: 3

AzureBlaze
Aug 23, 2011, 03:37 PM
I took a general look and didn't yet see this on the 'charcreate info' here, it isn't much but it's somewhat interesting:

"From each, but not to choose any combination, at this point, to Newman and the human one has ten presets for each gender, that is quite rich in this variation. To create a character who is difficult, and we pick the one closest to fine-tune the image from this preset you will be able to quickly create compelling characters.  

For anything else, however, adjustments were divided into a tree, It's kind of built up the largest features of your favorite characters. As a symbol of it, to adjust the face and body "Easy Edit" "Edit Details" that there is a two-tier adjustments.  To explain roughly, eye shape and easy to edit, select what you want from the model provided for each region, including eyebrows and eyelashes, how to adjust your character will make up the combination." 4gamer

So, 2 editing modes so all the little tweaks don't overwhealm you and not let you get the char you want. So the presets give you the jumping off point to alter them form there. I do think this is a good idea. I had not seen it clearly spelled out or illustrated in any video or picture so far.

CASTS!
It's a good thing, that 4gamer is also dissapointed with their options. And that's not even to get started on the entire "Missing FOcast" who they couldn't finish the model for in alpha. Of all of charcreate so far, "clunky, dolly, and 'the same' " have been their only options while the fleshies had like 50 billion happy little tweaks that are sure to please everyone who wants one. Hopefully the artificial voices are heard on this because really, it stinks right now.

"Adjustments are far less compared to other races, and there are only four in number. Specifically, head, body, arms, four legs at the site, and combinations of these men are cast, the size of each part (M and S, such as L), we would be out by color and personality."

and that doesn't say anything at all about what the female cast is supposed to do about parts.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 23, 2011, 06:29 PM
*snip*
Dang people. If there's one thing that we shouldn't get up in arms over, it's the customization options. It's obvious that the alpha is very restricted due to clothes/parts not being ready or just because Sega doesn't want to reveal them yet.

I can guarantee you there will be more than two sets of parts for the Casts/Caseals, more than two outfits for HUnewm/mars and HUnewearl/marls, there will be FOcasts that aren't just a purple RAcast, etc.

Might as well complain about the lack of variety in environments because alpha only has forest.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 23, 2011, 07:58 PM
Just in from the land of exclusive leaks and datamining, it's PSO2's smut_filter.txt!

https://sites.google.com/site/metareeminder/pso2_swearfilter.txt

Mostly the same as PSU, but with seemingly fewer words. Sadly, "assgoblin" is among those unaccounted for.

Raven5_1
Aug 23, 2011, 08:00 PM
Dang people. If there's one thing that we shouldn't get up in arms over, it's the customization options. It's obvious that the alpha is very restricted due to clothes/parts not being ready or just because Sega doesn't want to reveal them yet.

I can guarantee you there will be more than two sets of parts for the Casts/Caseals, more than two outfits for HUnewm/mars and HUnewearl/marls, there will be FOcasts that aren't just a purple RAcast, etc.

Might as well complain about the lack of variety in environments because alpha only has forest.

it seems to me it's more of an issue with the ability to tweak the features/proportions and traits being far more limited for casts than fleshies, than irritation over the limited no. of parts and how they are dressed up.

BioWarrior
Aug 23, 2011, 08:01 PM
Just in from the land of exclusive leaks and datamining, it's PSO2's smut_filter.txt!

https://sites.google.com/site/metareeminder/pso2_swearfilter.txt

Mostly the same as PSU, but with seemingly fewer words. Sadly, "assgoblin" is among those unaccounted for.

I can't say assgoblin? Still?! Dammit sega I'm not buying PSO2 now.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 23, 2011, 08:07 PM
No, you can say it now, assuming the smut filter still works the same way.

•Col•
Aug 23, 2011, 08:16 PM
At first I lol'ed.

Then I was like "wtf does this word even mean?"

And I see that they once again have some stupid words blocked.... Bite? Squeaker? o_O

BioWarrior
Aug 23, 2011, 08:17 PM
Nothing beats PSO with saying Saturday or basement.

Zaix
Aug 23, 2011, 08:22 PM
Don't forget Frozen Shooter!

Sadly, "assgoblin" is among those unaccounted for.

Assgoblin is swear #26. So it still is a swear by SEGA's standards.

Bushido
Aug 23, 2011, 09:35 PM
A couple of those are misspelled, or worse yet, just not swear words at all. For instance, #0175 "enfer" is French for "hell", but unlike in English, it's not considered a bad word at all in French.

EDIT: That said, it had been a while since I'd last had some good immature fun, thanks!

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 23, 2011, 09:46 PM
Assgoblin is swear #26. So it still is a swear by SEGA's standards.How strange. Half of them showed up as blank when I opened the .txt in Opera, but they show up in notepad.

/shrug

Zaix
Aug 23, 2011, 09:50 PM
Some of the misspellings are intentional to catch censor dodges, but if you mean that they are outright misspelled then that is an issue...then again its the internet and no one would spell them right either way.

Bushido
Aug 23, 2011, 09:55 PM
Oh I realize that some are misspelled on purpose, but I did notice a couple that don't seem intentional, especially since the properly spelled versions aren't censored. "Conneri" for instance should be "connerie", though then again I suppose it would also be blocked since it contains the prior.

NoiseHERO
Aug 23, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm guessing they through in some of PSU's data as temporary/lazy insert fillers? @_@

Hrith
Aug 23, 2011, 10:14 PM
Nothing beats PSO with saying Saturday or basement.That's because PSO had a censor on an absolute sequence of letters, PSU did not have that problem: you could not say turd or semen, but you could say Saturday or basement.

As for the words you do not see as swear words, they are probably from foreign languages.

@Yo
Aug 23, 2011, 10:24 PM
lol, nice update.

Porkspect
Aug 23, 2011, 10:44 PM
"poop"?

Arkios
Aug 23, 2011, 10:51 PM
I could never understand why there wasn't just a "Language Filter" you could turn on/off if you wanted things censored.

@Yo
Aug 23, 2011, 10:54 PM
lol, nice update.
Also the images, wow.

Zaix
Aug 23, 2011, 10:57 PM
"poop"?

Yup. Some overly sensitive people find certain words vulgar for some reason.

Bushido
Aug 23, 2011, 11:08 PM
Bah! Humbug.

Serephim
Aug 23, 2011, 11:15 PM
phampersy star poodle 2 confirmed for PC

kyuuketsuki
Aug 24, 2011, 12:32 AM
it seems to me it's more of an issue with the ability to tweak the features/proportions and traits being far more limited for casts than fleshies, than irritation over the limited no. of parts and how they are dressed up.
Ah I see. Still, you can't expect there to be adjustments for mouth size, eye size, etc. since Casts don't really have those things this time around. It also never made any sense for there to be "fat" looking Casts (not that it wasn't amusing).

Pretty sure there'll be a good assortment of Cast parts that will make their customization just as interesting as the fleshies'. Not to mention, the default HUcast parts are pretty BA, IMO. Love the draconian look.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 24, 2011, 01:40 AM
Why are some alpha players making the most bizzare and awkard faces? Well at least it shows the character create is versatile...

Serephim
Aug 24, 2011, 02:35 AM
they're pressing the random button. its just a showcase.

All the JP players do nothing put pick loli hunewearl anyway.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 24, 2011, 06:12 AM
phampersy star poodle 2 confirmed for PC

this made me choke on my drink damn you!

BlackCosmic
Aug 24, 2011, 06:39 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201108/23048913.html

Zaix
Aug 24, 2011, 07:04 AM
Nothing really noteworthy in that article from what I can tell.

BlackCosmic
Aug 24, 2011, 07:31 AM
Seem's like the same info from the 4gamer link.

Vashyron
Aug 24, 2011, 08:00 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/In%20Game/www.dotup.org1942419.jpg

Zaix
Aug 24, 2011, 08:06 AM
Ohh some body hair that looks like spray can from MS paint

Vashyron
Aug 24, 2011, 08:12 AM
Ohh some body hair that looks like spray can from MS paint

Lol, you know that's what I thought it could be.

("Is this a real screen or did someone open up paint and spray can their character?" :wacko: )

Zaix
Aug 24, 2011, 08:24 AM
To be fair that screenshot looks like low resolution, which probably means low graphical settings too. Perhaps the body hair looks slightly better on higher settings?

Noel Vermillion
Aug 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ysO8I.jpg

Hmmm :(

Zaix
Aug 24, 2011, 09:59 AM
I'm still hoping someone can modify the alpha client so we can screw around in the character creator

Noel Vermillion
Aug 24, 2011, 10:04 AM
I'm still hoping someone can modify the alpha client so we can screw around in the character creator

I love spending hours making characters

I normally play with my friends and they want me to hurry up but I'm like nooo let me play dress-up :(

Mizunos
Aug 24, 2011, 10:10 AM
the client just got patched to ver. 1.013. they might have added Cave and more features, guess we will find out friday.

Zaix
Aug 24, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'd also like to point out that I'm very glad PSO2 actually supports decent resolutions instead of the rather low key resolutions of the past. 1920x1200 FTW!

•Col•
Aug 24, 2011, 01:08 PM

I am also hoping for this.

Then I can spend a long time getting the look that I want and won't take me as long when I finally get the full game.

SELENNA
Aug 24, 2011, 02:20 PM
Are you surprised you can't login without an alpha key?

Vashyron
Aug 24, 2011, 02:22 PM
Servers are down at this point anyway. :wacko:

Only up again for the last time (for Alpha) on the 26th-27th.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 24, 2011, 02:38 PM
Are you surprised you can't login without an alpha key?

YES leave me alone okay ;__;

Zaix
Aug 24, 2011, 02:43 PM
Even with an Alpha key it doesn't mean you got in. The key was for getting into the lottery to get into the Alpha.

Canard de Bain
Aug 24, 2011, 02:47 PM
I love spending hours making characters

I normally play with my friends and they want me to hurry up but I'm like nooo let me play dress-up :(

Miss Vermillion, have you ever tried out City of Heroes/Villains?

Zaix
Aug 24, 2011, 02:50 PM
あぁ…うれしくてちょっとあわてすぎましたね、たくさんの方にツッコまれてしまいました(´・ω・`) こ の追加により、応募されたほぼすべての方がαテストに参加していただける事となります!さらに賑やかになる αテスト最終日、皆さんで楽しんでいただければと思います~っ!

Oh ... I am glad a bit too hasty, I have rarely Tsukko many people ('· ω · `) This addition will enjoy it better to participate in nearly all tests α was submitted! Last day of the test α becomes more lively, I can - I enjoy it appreciated by everyone!
I think this basically says "almost everyone who entered will get in the 3rd phase"...I do hope that is so

Noel Vermillion
Aug 24, 2011, 03:00 PM
Miss Vermillion, have you ever tried out City of Heroes/Villains?

Yes! I kind of liked it. I played a trial before CoV was out though.

Canard de Bain
Aug 24, 2011, 03:06 PM
Yes! I kind of liked it. I played a trial before CoV was out though.

It is going F2P soon. Have fun with the character creator!

•Col•
Aug 24, 2011, 04:08 PM
Wat. People really thought that they'd be able to log in and play the game just by downloading the client?

lol'd

NoiseHERO
Aug 24, 2011, 05:20 PM
It is going F2P soon. Have fun with the character creator!

Seriously????

Oh hell naw, I'm gettin' on that shit.

Vashyron
Aug 26, 2011, 02:13 AM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2356/wwwdotuporg1948283.jpg

AfroGuy!
Aug 26, 2011, 02:16 AM
why? was it really necessary to put 3 gold casts right by eachother? kinda funny

•Col•
Aug 26, 2011, 02:17 AM
This is an omen.............. Casts will rule supreme once again in PSO2.....

ALL HAIL OUR CAST OVERLORDS!!!!!

kyuuketsuki
Aug 26, 2011, 02:20 AM
There should totally be a feature where anyone who makes a gold cast can be hunted down, chopped into bits, and mailed off to Cash4Gold for some extra meseta.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 26, 2011, 02:51 AM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2356/wwwdotuporg1948283.jpg

I keep wanting to yell out "GOLD LIGHTAN" if it was just one but with three, I no longer feel to be in the mood. XP

Dinosaur
Aug 26, 2011, 03:52 AM
Those graphics settings make the game look like PSO1

SELENNA
Aug 26, 2011, 07:57 AM
That screen really looks bad.

Serephim
Aug 26, 2011, 09:08 AM
damn near looks like the psp version.

Vashyron
Aug 26, 2011, 12:32 PM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4113/wwwdotuporg1950983.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1108/wwwdotuporg1951113iklxeuv.jpg

:wacko:

Serephim
Aug 26, 2011, 01:07 PM
either hax or one helluva glitch. looks like lava damage but no lava is in sight. Someone found a way to break out of the boundries.

Level 11 force, still no sub-pallete techniques. =_= dissapoint.

condiments
Aug 26, 2011, 01:07 PM

So...the character got off the map? Haha. Guess that is what these tests are for.

No dragon footage yet?:-(

Zynetic
Aug 26, 2011, 01:13 PM
Level 11 force, still no sub-pallete techniques. =_= dissapoint.
Maybe that would be because putting techniques on the sub-palette is kind of useless if used for damage / healing power. It would be more useful to link them to weapons and use them with the weapon equipped, thus increasing your power and also giving you the ability to charge. (while saving palette slots, also)

Serephim
Aug 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
In PSO, i constantly found use for the different techniques while in battle. Some ice ones to freeze in sticky situations, some gizonde/rafoie for quick tagging, blah blah blah.

Im just fearing forces are

1) going to be slaves to their weapons again, and
2) are going to be nothing but damage bots.

If techniques are so useless as to where its being redundant to put them on a sub-pallete, then that's just not a good sign at all. We've already seen how weak their regular forms are. A gunslash melee outdamaged an uncharged foie at the start of the game in one video.

Zynetic
Aug 26, 2011, 01:26 PM
What isn't a slave to their weapons?

Besides, do we even know how the techs act? Do they need to be charged to be AoE (i.e. Phantasy Star Zero)? Do they cause any special effects? (these things are probably known, but I haven't really found anything. ._. Please enlighten me if I'm missing something)

Serephim
Aug 26, 2011, 01:39 PM
PSU forces were crippled by their dependance on weapons, because technique damage was always very low, and was mostly determined by your weapon. Not enough power was given to the technique level, so if by some chance you found a decent weapon, you had to constantly switch your best techniques (regardless of element) onto that weapon to maximize its use.

At least, thats what i had to do. Forces were such a pain on that game.

Zynetic
Aug 26, 2011, 01:42 PM
Which is why forces were fixed (finally) in PSP2 Infinity.

People seem to forget that game exists.

Kanashimi
Aug 26, 2011, 02:01 PM
Well, so far as the alpha test goes, I assume there aren't very many techs to switch between anyway. If you only have two techs learned and you can link both of them to your weapon, then the palette kind of has to suck it for a while. D; Presumably techs will take higher priority when players have more access to them -- at higher levels, and when more drop in more areas.

Vashyron
Aug 26, 2011, 06:06 PM
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1951562.jpg

ヴォル・ドラゴン. (Internal file name is DragonMagma.)

...Yeah those are some low res textures.

•Col•
Aug 26, 2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah... That person is definitely running the game on one of the lowest settings.... Just look at the arm unit...

BioWarrior
Aug 26, 2011, 06:15 PM
Where'd you manage to find that? :o nice picture even though it is low res.

Vashyron
Aug 26, 2011, 06:17 PM
Where'd you manage to find that? :o nice picture even though it is low res.

2ch, for this and other screens.

BioWarrior
Aug 26, 2011, 06:19 PM
I tried to navigate 2ch once. Couldn't find jack that'd even come close to a PSO2 discussion lol.

AfroGuy!
Aug 26, 2011, 06:27 PM
so the name of the dragon is the Vol Dragon

•Col•
Aug 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
so the name of the dragon is the Vol Dragon

Yeah, we found it out like a month or two ago... Sparked some interesting theories including the Vol Brothers creating the dragon... lulz

Golto
Aug 26, 2011, 06:39 PM
So does max pp only increase with class skills or does it increase at lvl 11 as well for example?

•Col•
Aug 26, 2011, 06:42 PM
So does max pp only increase with class skills or does it increase at lvl 11 as well for example?

It's likely that only class skills will increase max PP and PP regeneration rate.

It's not a big deal though, since it's also likely that the higher the Photon Art/Technic level is, the less PP it costs to use.

Serephim
Aug 26, 2011, 07:25 PM
I noticed this a while back, but i guess its kind of confirmed now...

.....i dont think the boss is treated as a "boss". It's more like a really badass enemy encounter.

I wonder if they even get cutscenes? It looks like he's in an area where you run up and he's there, like a regular enemy.

•Col•
Aug 26, 2011, 07:29 PM
Well there are cutscenes for the Dragon and the giant spider thing in the trailers.

And yeah, there were small monsters next to the dragon boss in a picture we saw a while ago... So I wouldn't be surprised.

Sounds like Monster Hunter.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 27, 2011, 12:14 AM
Okay, so looking ahead I have a couple questions I'm hoping someone might be able to answer:

1) If (when) there is an open beta, will it require a JP SEGA ID or will my NA one work?

2) If it does require a JP SEGA ID, does anyone know how what the heck I should input for the address field? JP address system is confusing as hell... and yes, I tried looking at a few sites. I even copy/pasted a Tokyo address and I still got an error while giving it a go.

Arkios
Aug 27, 2011, 12:34 AM
Okay, so looking ahead I have a couple questions I'm hoping someone might be able to answer:

1) If (when) there is an open beta, will it require a JP SEGA ID or will my NA one work?

2) If it does require a JP SEGA ID, does anyone know how what the heck I should input for the address field? JP address system is confusing as hell... and yes, I tried looking at a few sites. I even copy/pasted a Tokyo address and I still got an error while giving it a go.

We won't know until after Tokyo Game Show. They said they would announce more information then.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 27, 2011, 02:46 AM
I noticed this a while back, but i guess its kind of confirmed now...

.....i dont think the boss is treated as a "boss". It's more like a really badass enemy encounter.

I wonder if they even get cutscenes? It looks like he's in an area where you run up and he's there, like a regular enemy.

ααααααααααααααααααααααααααα :P

don't think it will be like that in the actual game ;p

kyuuketsuki
Aug 27, 2011, 03:15 AM
We won't know until after Tokyo Game Show. They said they would announce more information then.
Well I thought someone might have previous experience with the PSU beta, and I'm assuming the beta is not going to a global thing.

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 07:18 AM
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1953393.jpg

GCoffee
Aug 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Razelis
Aug 27, 2011, 07:54 AM
shock!!!

Angelo
Aug 27, 2011, 08:07 AM
It better be singing 'Dreams, Dreams'.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2011, 09:03 AM
See? Now dats some kawaii shit right there...

Wait we don't have to shoot it do we...? D:

GCoffee
Aug 27, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hell naw Michaeru.

Initiating Code.... ARRRRRESSSST!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 27, 2011, 09:36 AM
so we do need to shoot it.

Dammit.

Serephim
Aug 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
ααααααααααααααααααααααααααα :P

don't think it will be like that in the actual game ;p

This is both a terrible thing and a great thing!

Maybe that means they really have programmed bosses as regular enemies. Hopefully, they'll keep their scripted sequences.

Well, granted they even have any. Like in PSU, most of them didn't, but in PSO you had the underground dragon, the lights-off derolle, almost all of Vol Opt was a bunch of random neat attacks, and Dark Falz...well, he was just badass. PSU though didn't have any of this, which is probably why the bosses were so boring, the only thing i can remember is the meteor from Falkis.

Anyway, i was saying it'd be cool if now they'd finally be able to do funny things with the bosses...like have a Random Dragon encounter in the forest, or actually put 2 dragons in one area at the same time or something, lol.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 27, 2011, 12:20 PM
Anyway, i was saying it'd be cool if now they'd finally be able to do funny things with the bosses...like have a Random Dragon encounter in the forest, or actually put 2 dragons in one area at the same time or something, lol.

That actually would be pretty awesome :D

I still prefer the "scripted" boss battles though :>

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 12:30 PM
Scripted boss battles, while possibly awesome the first time, does lose it's 'uniqueness' the more you keep doing it as you know exactly what is going to happen.

I would actually prefer them being surprises in landscape and/or actually encountering them also being a surprise. Well at least for some types, I would agree that something like Falz needs it's 'own area.' (Though possibly also make it 'randomize-able' a bit.)

FOkyasuta
Aug 27, 2011, 12:30 PM
Something tells me its gonna be a bit like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-bS237gDc

Rizen
Aug 27, 2011, 12:42 PM
Ah yes...Mabinogi...how I miss thee...

Temprus
Aug 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
Scripted boss battles, while possibly awesome the first time, does lose it's 'uniqueness' the more you keep doing it as you know exactly what is going to happen.

I would actually prefer them being surprises in landscape and/or actually encountering them also being a surprise. Well at least for some types, I would agree that something like Falz needs it's 'own area.' (Though possibly also make it 'randomize-able' a bit.)

Well, Falz could always do a .hack// area change. That always happened with the phases and Falz is known for doing its own area changes at any time. So in a way, even Falz could be randomized.

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 02:33 PM
As long as it's always a bit different (or more even) it could work well, it's a step for the battles to not always be repetitive.

Edit:
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1954835.jpg

EVERYTHING IS FINE, BEING ON FIRE IS NORMAL.

( :wacko: )

hewitt
Aug 27, 2011, 04:25 PM
What is happening in that picture lol

Enforcer MKV
Aug 27, 2011, 04:31 PM
Dammit all, someone put Nitrus in the scooter again! DAMMIT, JIMMY!

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 04:52 PM
What is happening in that picture lol

If not noticeable enough, everyone in the lobby is on fire. :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Aug 27, 2011, 04:54 PM
If not noticeable enough, everyone in the lobby is on fire. :wacko:

In other words,

WhatisthisIdonteven.jpg

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2011, 06:30 PM
So they wiped the alpha data by literally burning everyone.

Randomness
Aug 27, 2011, 06:45 PM

Looks that way.

BioWarrior
Aug 27, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hmmm you can see someone with Amilia's rod in the bottom left corner.

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 07:25 PM
Clarita Visas (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Clarita_Visas_I)? It's been seen in a couple of vids as well.

Serephim
Aug 27, 2011, 07:36 PM

It never god old in PSO for me. The only NOT fun one i can remember is the lights going off in the de rol le fight.

It doesnt have anything to do with it being scripted, but if they take the "psu route", where all the boss battles are poorly thought out and Completeeeelllyyyy random, bad shit happens.

All the "BFMachine" bosses were terrible in PSU. All of them, i dont like fighting a single one of them. As well as the flying bosses, those are also annoying becasue they are SO random that there can be points where they stay in the air forever and stay on the ground not even long enough to get a combo.

The dragons were good, they were just too easy and telegraphable. It's completely okay to have an attack that is almost 50/50 for the player to dodge -- afterall, who wants to fight a boss where they dont feel any danger? PSO bosses were better than PSU bosses because they all DID something. PSU bosses just teleported around the place and threw cheep attacks every now and then. I want another boss like Vol Opt or Gal Gryphon, or DEFINITELY the Gol Dragon.

The dragon went underground, the worm climbed on the ceiling, the machine tried to stomp you, the bird...thingie SHOT LIGHTNING, and then you had another boss that you fought freefalling near an elevator......

PSU bosses were just gay. I hope PSO takes note of that. PSP2 bosses were slightly better (i liked the human bosses and that Twin boss), but thats about it.

Oh wait, the PSP2 final boss was crack, he was fun. If not a bit easy to rape with damage.

Zyrusticae
Aug 27, 2011, 07:50 PM
How appropriate... :yes:

Randomness
Aug 27, 2011, 07:53 PM
Clarita Visas (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Clarita_Visas_I)? It's been seen in a couple of vids as well.

I would be perfectly happy to have that in PSO2. I like the design of it. I see no issues with SEGA including weapon designs from older games in this, especially since PSO had so many neat designs.

BioWarrior
Aug 27, 2011, 08:06 PM

I've only seen it in the official videos from sega. Don't think I've seen it in any alpha footage though.

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
Massive picture of another sword weapon here. (http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up132568.jpg)

BioWarrior
Aug 27, 2011, 09:20 PM
Wow way to make me feel like I want to waver with my choice to start as a Force. That sword is SEXY.

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 09:22 PM
It kinda looks familiar to me... not sure though.

Edit: Lol. Derp, I remember that from the first PSO2 Gameplay trailer.

Porkspect
Aug 27, 2011, 09:37 PM
THAT LOOKS RETARDED!

•Col•
Aug 27, 2011, 09:50 PM
It kinda looks familiar to me... not sure though.

Edit: Lol. Derp, I remember that from the first PSO2 Gameplay trailer.

Yeah, it was in the original trailer..... But I don't remember it being THAT big. o_O

Maybe it's just creative camera angles and a super small character model.

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 09:51 PM
It does explain how 'certain' characters have back problems.

(I'd also expect the arms of any Human/Newman to snap in two trying to swing this thing. :wacko: )

•Col•
Aug 27, 2011, 09:55 PM
It does explain how 'certain' characters have back problems.

(I'd also expect the arms of any Human/Newman to snap in two trying to swing this thing. :wacko: )

New requirements for weapons:

You must be at least this tall to use---------------------------->
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

^The solution to the loli population.

BioWarrior
Aug 27, 2011, 11:20 PM
On the force skill tree I have to wonder what specifically Photon Flare, Freeze Ignition, and PP Convert does. PP Convert has me the most curious.

•Col•
Aug 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
On the force skill tree I have to wonder what specifically Photon Flare, Freeze Ignition, and PP Convert does. PP Convert has me the most curious.

My guesses...

Photon Flare - Maybe just a special attack skill? Either that or something to do with buffing the Foie chain

Freeze Ignition - Increases chance of freezing enemies

PP Convert - Skill that converts PP into HP (recast timer)

N11
Aug 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
The NDA on information has been lifted but images and videos still aren't allowed to be shared. :(

Photon Flare: Increases magic power in exchange for your health (if I remember correctly about 20% of your health). (一時的に法撃力を上昇させ、代わりにHP最大値が低下する)
PP Convert: Increases PP regen in exchange for your health (probably also 20% but I never got that skill). (一時的にPP回復量を上昇させ、代わりにHP最大値が低下する)
Freeze Ignition: Increased damage on enemies that are frozen. (フリーズ状態のエネミーを爆破し、大きなダメージを与える)

For Photon Flare and PP Convert, it blocks off the last x% of your HP until the buff wears off.

Yeah, that's the one. The level 18 weapons are クラーリタ・ヴィサス for Force, サンバ for Hunter, and ヤスミノコフ3000 for Ranger. There was also a sword that I saw that was REALLY huge but I don't know the name of it. I think it drops in the lava cave free field since the level 18 weapons drop in the forest free field.

Edit: Also, I leveled all 3 classes to level 20 and I've got all of the skill descriptions so I'll probably answer questions for a while now that I can do it without getting in trouble.

BioWarrior
Aug 27, 2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info! Nice to see yasminkov return.

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 11:47 PM
Oh answering questions? :>

Could you say if you can use Techs with non Force weapons? Such as a Sword/Rifle/Gunslash/Wired Lance?

N11
Aug 27, 2011, 11:57 PM
Oh answering questions? :>

Could you say if you can use Techs with non Force weapons? Such as a Sword/Rifle/Gunslash/Wired Lance?
For Force:
Actually, I didn't check if the techs still worked when I had something other than a rod equipped but I don't remember any problems (not that I used anything other than my rod much).

For non-Force classes:
My friend and I had a debate about this. He watched some video where a Hunter supposedly used Resta but when I tried it on my (Ranger I think it was?) it was grayed out. So when I was leveling my Hunter I grabbed a Resta disk that was on the ground in the free field and tried again. It was still grayed out on the Hunter. I couldn't put it on the weapons bar or the other bar and it wouldn't let me cast it from the menus so I would say that no, it's not possible. It was possible to use the disks no matter what class you were, though.

Randomness
Aug 28, 2011, 12:01 AM
For Force:
Actually, I didn't check if the techs still worked when I had something other than a rod equipped but I don't remember any problems (not that I used anything other than my rod much).

For non-Force classes:
My friend and I had a debate about this. He watched some video where a Hunter supposedly used Resta but when I tried it on my (Ranger I think it was?) it was grayed out. So when I was leveling my Hunter I grabbed a Resta disk that was on the ground in the free field and tried again. It was still grayed out on the Hunter. I couldn't put it on the weapons bar or the other bar and it wouldn't let me cast it from the menus so I would say that no, it's not possible. It was possible to use the disks no matter what class you were, though.

Was this a newman hunter? (Because without techs, they need some kind of incentive to roll newman as anything but force, assuming newmans get a typical stat distribution)

BioWarrior
Aug 28, 2011, 12:01 AM
Are attack techs ever worth using without charging them as you level up? I've mostly only seen foie and it was almost the same damage as a rod attack.... Though I've only seen footage of level 1 forces just starting.

N11
Aug 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
Was this a newman hunter? (Because without techs, they need some kind of incentive to roll newman as anything but force, assuming newmans get a typical stat distribution)
I'm not sure what the one in the video was but mine was a Cast Hunter. I don't know the differences in races change things because it has been a long long time since I last played a PSO game. I'm talking Dreamcast days here.

Are attack techs ever worth using without charging them as you level up? I've mostly only seen foie and it was almost the same damage as a rod attack.... Though I've only seen footage of level 1 forces just starting.
I used the attack techs pretty frequently when I was leveling. Then again because the Force was my second class and I had a lot of stuff in storage, I started at level 1 with a level 4 Foie and a rod that had additional fire damage on it so maybe I'm not really qualified to talk about low level stuff. :-?

Everything in the forest zone was weak to fire so it worked pretty well. In particular the best case I can remember is against Rockbear (he's a huge random spawn boss-like thing). When he caught on fire with the fire debuff it would tick for around 200 damage each time which was like double what I would normally be able to do without hitting him in the face (kinda hard as a Force).

Everything in the lava zone (except the spider things you first encounter in the forest) was weak to ice so it was really easy and useful to spam that when I got there. I went down the fire side and the stat side of the skill tree so all of my ice and lightning stuff wasn't upgraded. An added bonus is you can freeze bursts of lava coming from the cracks of the ground and from the lava pools. They would turn into columns of ice that you could stand on. Not very useful but it's something at least.

I think I only encountered 1 mob that was weak to lightning and that was a special event mob (level 20 ガウォンダ, spawned in the multiplayer of the quest 深緑にひそむ闇 for me) that I don't think spawns normally. It was kinda useful for normal mobs when they got the electric debuff but I rarely used it. Ra Zonde (is that the right translation?) was ok when there were a lot of enemies around but I wouldn't ever use it unbuffed without having party members around.

Even Resta level 4 was pretty damn useless in my opinion so there really wasn't much else to use PP on as a Force except for attacks.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 28, 2011, 12:29 AM
Massive picture of another sword weapon here. (http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up132568.jpg)
Holy fuck, that sword is ugly.

Then again, it could be worse; it could be a Last Survivor. :wacko:

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

BioWarrior
Aug 28, 2011, 12:31 AM
Should be the correct translation for Razonde. All techs are the same name in English and Japanese. All the classes seem so appealing but I'm most looking forward to force this time as I usually start as Hunter or Ranger.

•Col•
Aug 28, 2011, 12:32 AM
An added bonus is you can freeze bursts of lava coming from the cracks of the ground and from the lava pools. They would turn into columns of ice that you could stand on. Not very useful but it's something at least.

That.... Sounds completely pointless..... BUT 100% BADASS.

Challenge mode could be VERY interesting with the stuff they're putting into this... Freeze the pillars of lava some you can use them to cross a room.

BioWarrior
Aug 28, 2011, 12:35 AM
I could see ice pillars being a nice vantage point for rangers if lots of enemies are around.

Vashyron
Aug 28, 2011, 12:38 AM
Thanks for answering questions there.

Just another quick one, do Monsters get hurt by the Lava?

N11
Aug 28, 2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for answering questions there.

Just another quick one, do Monsters get hurt by the Lava?
From what I saw, no. They sometimes even spawn in the lava.

NoiseHERO
Aug 28, 2011, 12:43 AM
Holy fuck, that sword is ugly.

Then again, it could be worse; it could be a Last Survivor. :wacko:

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

*Wasn't looking at the sword...D<;;;*

Zyrusticae
Aug 28, 2011, 12:49 AM
I...

GOOD SWEET LORD.

GOOD. SWEET. FUGGIN'. LORD.

HOLY SWEET TITS.

:-o

condiments
Aug 28, 2011, 01:47 AM
The NDA on information has been lifted but images and videos still aren't allowed to be shared. :(

Hey thanks for clearing some things up for us. My question is, what yours overall impression you got from the game so far? You think it might shape up into something really good?

N11
Aug 28, 2011, 02:15 AM
Hey thanks for clearing some things up for us. My question is, what yours overall impression you got from the game so far? You think it might shape up into something really good?
I'd say it's pretty fun so far. I'm hoping the lack of quests will be something they work on in the beta or final but it seems pretty good so far. I can't make the comparison myself but my friend who played PSU said it's already much better.

Some of the quests annoyed me like the ones where you need to get quest points and the enemy you get the points from are the Darker enemies. You might get lucky and find a プリアーダ and can farm the Dagans it spawns but if you don't then you're forced to run around for an eternity looking for some spawns.

The free field multiplayer areas were pretty fun. I think most people will probably be in those when leveling. The multiplayer areas have a cap of 12 players and everyone would get together and just slaughter tons of stuff. You don't need to be in a party to get full exp and when a PSE drops, everyone in the map gets it. PSE stacks up to 8 times and on the 8th time it turns into a PSE burst. On the 7th PSE stack it will fade in a minute or two unless you find another to get a burst. The burst has a timer on it that is displayed in big numbers at the top of the screen. PSE bursts stack of increments of 30 seconds from what I can tell (I've experienced 1 30s and 1 1m and my friend had 1 1:30m). To give you an idea of how much a PSE burst gives you, you can go from about 25% level 17 to level 18 in a minute and a half of PSE burst. Without a PSE burst it was somewhere around 10-20 minutes in the forest free field. PSE drops enough that you probably won't go more than a few minutes without at least level 1 PSE. Other types of PSE besides experience exist but I've never seen them in the free field. The other ones I saw were physical attack, magic attack, and (rare monster rate (希少種出現率)?).

condiments
Aug 28, 2011, 02:40 AM
The free field multiplayer areas were pretty fun. I think most people will probably be in those when leveling. The multiplayer areas have a cap of 12 players and everyone would get together and just slaughter tons of stuff. You don't need to be in a party to get full exp and when a PSE drops, everyone in the map gets it. PSE stacks up to 8 times and on the 8th time it turns into a PSE burst. On the 7th PSE stack it will fade in a minute or two unless you find another to get a burst. The burst has a timer on it that is displayed in big numbers at the top of the screen. PSE bursts stack of increments of 30 seconds from what I can tell (I've experienced 1 30s and 1 1m and my friend had 1 1:30m). To give you an idea of how much a PSE burst gives you, you can go from about 25% level 17 to level 18 in a minute and a half of PSE burst. Without a PSE burst it was somewhere around 10-20 minutes in the forest free field. PSE drops enough that you probably won't go more than a few minutes without at least level 1 PSE. Other types of PSE besides experience exist but I've never seen them in the free field. The other ones I saw were physical attack, magic attack, and (rare monster rate (希少種出現率)?).

Woah the free field multiplayer sounds great. Probably will be just chaos all around, but smashing enemies with 12 people will probably be a blast. Good to know the game is promising.

NoiseHERO
Aug 28, 2011, 03:01 AM
12 man areas sound fun, I'll definitely mess around in those a lot. ;o;

It seems like a LOT went on... that was just cut off by that NDA at least after people started getting banned... :\

N11
Aug 28, 2011, 03:11 AM
Not sure if this has been announced before but from the PSO2 site for players:

今後についてですが、東京ゲームショウ2011においても、『PSO2』はプレイアブル出展されることが決 定しています。
There's going to be a playable version of PSO2 at Tokyo Game Show 2011.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 28, 2011, 05:11 AM
Not sure if this has been announced before but from the PSO2 site for players:

:3

I think you should share your Sega ID and password with me :P <3

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 28, 2011, 11:55 AM
I think it's high time to get a Sega ID for myself. ;p

D-Inferno
Aug 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
What is the "Player trapped by Darker" like? Can the trapped player him/herself try to attack the barrier/wall/whatever?

Mike
Aug 29, 2011, 02:52 AM
This was listed in the 4gamer article from a month or so ago.

Vashyron
Aug 29, 2011, 08:19 AM
Better screenshots of a Zamba. (http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up132823.jpg)

NoiseHERO
Aug 29, 2011, 09:11 AM
Zamb-USTER SWORD...

Looks better than that other ridiculous one though.

Since 1 weapon has 234234234 functions now anyway...

They should have just made it so Greatswords could split into twin swords...

Noel Vermillion
Aug 29, 2011, 09:15 AM
Wow how original and refreshing to see someone play as a loli o_O

Vent
Aug 29, 2011, 10:03 AM
Why does it look like there's a gatling gun inside that sword?...

They should have just made it so Greatswords could split into twin swords...

Reminds me of a certain yellow oversized sword...

Only the saber has been turned into a gunslash anyway. You can now whack monster on the head with rods, but that was also possible in PSO.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 29, 2011, 11:19 AM
Wow how original and refreshing to see someone play as a loli o_O
How original and refreshing to see someone complaining about it...

Really people. Yeah, we've seen a lot of HUnewearls (and FOs/RAs and marls wearing the default HUnewearl outfit). But it's an alpha with an extremely limited amount of clothing options and... it's Japan. People are going to play what they want to play, not what you think they should.

Anyway... TGS can't come soon enough so we'll actually have something to talk about 'round these parts.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 29, 2011, 11:31 AM
Oh wow, the Zanba looks a lot better. Really like the textures. Sword itself is a little blocky, but, eh, what are ya gonna do.

•Col•
Aug 29, 2011, 11:43 AM

Really people. Yeah, we've seen a lot of HUnewearls (and FOs/RAs and marls wearing the default HUnewearl outfit). But it's an alpha with an extremely limited amount of clothing options and... it's Japan. People are going to play what they want to play, not what you think they should.

Anyway... TGS can't come soon enough so we'll actually have something to talk about 'round these parts.

I honestly never thought that there were more US/EU players that preferred Cast more than Japanese players.

I mean for crying out loud... I THOUGHT JAPAN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WITH MECHS TOO. No Cast love at all. </3

Rizen
Aug 29, 2011, 12:51 PM
Oh they do mechs still....they are just loli mechs...

•Col•
Aug 29, 2011, 01:02 PM

I'm legitimately surprised we haven't seen any loli Caseals yet.

You've let me down, Japan. :(

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 29, 2011, 01:30 PM

Case in point: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu.

Milla
Aug 29, 2011, 01:51 PM

Am I the only one getting a God Eater Burst vibe from that sword? Btw Is there any pics of single handed Sabers yet?

Serephim
Aug 29, 2011, 02:54 PM

No excuses. It's pathetic no matter how you spin it.

•Col•
Aug 29, 2011, 03:13 PM
Am I the only one getting a God Eater Burst vibe from that sword? Btw Is there any pics of single handed Sabers yet?

There aren't any single handed sabers in PSO2.

Unless you mean the Gunslash...? Because there are quite a few of those around.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 29, 2011, 03:45 PM
Please do explain. I'd love to hear an actual, coherent argument that supports this viewpoint. All I see is people seeing a lot of slender female characters in the default HUnewearl gear (which is 1 of what, 2 or 3 options?) and going "lol lolis".

Milla
Aug 29, 2011, 04:13 PM
There aren't any single handed sabers in PSO2.

Unless you mean the Gunslash...? Because there are quite a few of those around.

Na I meant weapons like DB'S Saber etc. I didn't know there weren't any in the game thanks for the update. I really should get up to date with this stuff.

Zyrusticae
Aug 29, 2011, 04:14 PM
Um...

Okay...? :-?

Enforcer MKV
Aug 29, 2011, 04:18 PM
*Brings his pike into the ground*

Death to the lolicons! *grim-face*

......lol, jk.

whatever, peeps. :D

Vashyron
Aug 29, 2011, 05:12 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-alpha-test-complete/

Japanese Opinions

A blogger wrote that it seems that Armor = Clothes, and asked will all the clothes have fixed attributes? She said she’s worried about not being able to wear her favorite outfit.

Though possible this is talking about units, if not... ohoho.

Zyrusticae
Aug 29, 2011, 06:01 PM

Oh, gawd.

I really hope it's just units.

Good lord, do I hope...

There will be no vessel large enough to contain my anguish if armor = appearance.

Rika-chan
Aug 29, 2011, 06:18 PM
I think instead of armor = clothes I think it would be better if clothing could give certain bonuses, like a certain outfit giving +15 MST.

NoiseHERO
Aug 29, 2011, 06:26 PM
^
Nah that's okay...

That means what people want to wear would still control their maximum potential.

We have enough drama with that over units.

Blueblur
Aug 29, 2011, 06:45 PM
I hope they're a little mindful of what some current MMOs do and let you turn off visual aspects of your appearance such as Units. I'm not really digging their designs. I can already tell that a lot of them will be really common.

And yeah, the blogger is probably talking about Units.

Serephim
Aug 29, 2011, 09:29 PM
Please do explain. I'd love to hear an actual, coherent argument that supports this viewpoint. All I see is people seeing a lot of slender female characters in the default HUnewearl gear (which is 1 of what, 2 or 3 options?) and going "lol lolis".

actual coherent argument? Heh, and what makes you think anything that takes place on this forum is going to stay coherent?

No, i just said it because it's the way i feel. This is an alpha of course, but hopefully the hunewearl outfit will favor PSO more, where different combinations are possible.

Luckly most of the outfit on PSO was a texture, which let them get pretty creative at times. But uh...

Mike
Aug 29, 2011, 10:07 PM

It's the clothes themselves or the torso part for casts though units were the only additional bits of equipable defense in the alpha.

BioWarrior
Aug 29, 2011, 10:09 PM
It's the clothes themselves or the torso part for casts though units were the only additional bits of equipable defense in the alpha.

Oh my god I think I love this. I love when clothes actually serve a purpose other than just looks.

Vashyron
Aug 29, 2011, 10:36 PM
...Ohohoho.

Well before judging this I'll see how they'll implement it....

I have a feeling I'm going to be annoyed though. I mostly dislike this system in a Online game that it makes players basically throw away older costumes for ones with higher stats and then near 'end game' everyone is mostly wearing the same thing, but hey I'll see what they do before I comment any further.

Least this explains why I didn't spot anyone in the Alpha running around in their undergarments. :wacko:

BioWarrior
Aug 29, 2011, 10:43 PM
Honestly in PSU almost everyone looked the same anyways :/ just different colors. Most costumes were horrible.

Vashyron
Aug 29, 2011, 11:09 PM
While I would agree on both accounts there, not seeing how both of those would improve if clothing has stats. Almost everyone can end up looking the same thanks to the stats clothing carries instead and some 'horrible' costumes could turn out being some of the better ones stat-wise in PSO2.

Though again, I do think I'll need to hear more about how this works before I start making assumptions.

NoiseHERO
Aug 29, 2011, 11:12 PM
Honestly in PSU almost everyone looked the same anyways :/ just different colors. Most costumes were horrible.

I'ma have to kill ya.

Theres armor and clothes, and forced looks are for people with no fashion sense /snaps fingers.

Micro
Aug 29, 2011, 11:31 PM
Clothes having stats is like, the worst idea ever. *rolls eyes*

Serephim
Aug 30, 2011, 12:04 AM
Whatever, i dont care. And after a few hours of gameplay, none of you will either.

Just like those units. I dont really care for them that much, but i really dont mind wearing them.

hewitt
Aug 30, 2011, 01:14 AM
I disagree, a lot of people will hate and rage that clothes have stats, forever.

Serephim
Aug 30, 2011, 02:23 AM
Oh well, they can quit and will probably not be missed.

I know I wont give-a. I'll be too busy pwning that badass dragon to worry about something so petty.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 30, 2011, 04:10 AM
In a game heavily influenced on customization, having clothes give stats is just going to make the whole game have a standard uniform cycle through levels. Everyone would look the same, aside from physical features. At least in PSU, you had the chance of variety.

Bushido
Aug 30, 2011, 05:20 AM
In a game heavily influenced on customization, having clothes give stats is just going to make the whole game have a standard uniform cycle through levels. Everyone would look the same, aside from physical features. At least in PSU, you had the chance of variety.

Precisely. You could always count on seeing Clouds, Sephiroths, Super Saiyans, Sonics, and various other attempts at recreating characters, but otherwise, people at least looked different. Even in PSO, where outfits were ridiculously limited compared to today's standards, you'd rarely see two people who looked too similar. If, however, clothing dictated stats... Well, you can bet that everyone's gonna look the same. Some visible armors would be neat though, like chest plates or shoulder guards that show up on top of your clothes.

Also, this has really been getting on my nerves, so I'd like to take a moment to explain a little something here:

"Loli" is short for "lolita" and means an underaged girl that looks like a child.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Kuro-san/lolinotloli.png

Any questions?

Dabian
Aug 30, 2011, 06:11 AM
Wishful thinking: Tuxedo/GH480/Lanseal uniform would do nicely for my "planned" character look :p

Oh and glasses. The prim and proper kind. Indulge my fetish Sega :p

Blueblur
Aug 30, 2011, 06:23 AM
Oh, I'm worried about this clothes/armor thing. I'm sure they did it to consolidate armor and clothes into one set of items but it's worrisome.

Kanashimi
Aug 30, 2011, 06:54 AM
Meh, even if clothing impacts stats, I'm still going to wear whatever I want and let people tell me I suck. At least I'll look better than they do.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 30, 2011, 07:20 AM
I tend to agree. Phooey on stats, I'm wearing what I want.

D-Inferno
Aug 30, 2011, 08:07 AM
Even if clothes have stats, at least you'll probably be able to alter it's color. And the stronger clothes will likely be the cooler looking clothes anyway.

I also hope that certain clothes are restricted to certain classesd and races(I'd rather not see a RAmarl dressed up completely like a FOmarl).

Dinosaur
Aug 30, 2011, 08:33 AM
Even if clothes have stats, at least you'll probably be able to alter it's color. And the stronger clothes will likely be the cooler looking clothes anyway.

I also hope that certain clothes are restricted to certain classesd and races(I'd rather not see a RAmarl dressed up completely like a FOmarl).

In the Alpha, you could use any appearance that your race had in the game, e.g.: HUmarl rocking FOmarl dress and vice-versa.

ShinMaruku
Aug 30, 2011, 09:16 AM
If given the right colour arrangement and you have a 'clone' idea then the stats on clothes argument kinda falls to shit.

•Col•
Aug 30, 2011, 10:22 AM
In the Alpha, you could use any appearance that your race had in the game, e.g.: HUmarl rocking FOmarl dress and vice-versa.

Solution: SUPER GX ULTRA PSO OUTFITS that have max stats and are perfect replicas of PSO armor that are equipable only by the correct class. trollface.jpg

Anyway, don't really care about the clothes stats thing. As long as it isn't a huge change in stats or anything.

Serephim
Aug 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
Precisely. You could always count on seeing Clouds, Sephiroths, Super Saiyans, Sonics, and various other attempts at recreating characters, but otherwise, people at least looked different. Even in PSO, where outfits were ridiculously limited compared to today's standards, you'd rarely see two people who looked too similar. If, however, clothing dictated stats... Well, you can bet that everyone's gonna look the same. Some visible armors would be neat though, like chest plates or shoulder guards that show up on top of your clothes.

Also, this has really been getting on my nerves, so I'd like to take a moment to explain a little something here:

"Loli" is short for "lolita" and means an underaged girl that looks like a child.

Any questions?

Man it was like 3:00 AM when i wrote that. Yeah, statted visual clothing WOULD be pretty shitty in the long run, wouldn't it?

Especially since it makes no sense. In PSO, you had Frames, in PSU you had line shields. If anything, your visual armors should take up a single portion of your outfit. (Most of the characters in PSO held their frames on the forearm of their off hand.) So at the most, you'd be sacrificing a sleeve or an arm of specific armor.

And about that loli crap.....No, the picture of the girl in the business outfit isn't a loli, but she still has that terribly cliche, emotionless, big-eyed anime look to her. You know, that style of anime where the only distinguishing features are the hair style and eye color. And maybe how much they decide to give them "srs busns" eyes.

Personal preference, though. The Hunewearl in your picture is obviously not a loli, though, but it doesn't matter, because most of them don't look like that one in your picture. They're super small with super long hair.

Aumi
Aug 30, 2011, 11:51 AM

Any questions?

Height and three sizes do not make a girl a "loli", just like a small but matured woman with an A-cup is not a loli, but merely small and flat-chested... Besides, judging from my knowledge, the two characters at the top are likely at least 15 years old...

Noel Vermillion
Aug 30, 2011, 12:05 PM

"waaaah"

Vashyron
Aug 30, 2011, 01:12 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-skill-tree/

Hunter Skill Tree

Step: Nimbly and quickly step short distances
Step Attack: Attack during “step”
Step Advance: The time of Invincibility during “step” is increased.
Guard Stance: Shooting /Striking power decreases, while defense power increases (Stance Skill)
Guard Stance Up 1: Improve defense during a Guard Stance.
Guard Stance Up 2: Improve defense during a Guard Stance.
Guard Stance Auto Mate: When receiving damage during a Guard Stance, automatically use monomates.
Guard Stance Poison: Recover from Poison status effect while in Guard Stance.
Guard Stance Burn: Recover from Burn status effect while in Guard Stance.
Guard: Hold your weapon in front of you to guard attacks from enemies.
Just Guard: Reduce damage greatly by guarding at the moment of receiving an attack.
Just Guard Master: The time for Just Guarding is extended.
Guard Absorber: Reduces the amount of damage you receive when guarding.
Just Guard Stun: During a Just Guard, stuns the enemy at a low rate.
War Cry: Attract attention of Enemies.
Fury Stance: Striking/Shooting increases, while defense decreases. (Stance Skill)
Fury Critical: Improve critical hit rates during the Fury Stance
HP Up and Response Up are self explanatory.

Ranger Skill Tree

Weak Bullet: Exclusively for Assault Rifle, you can charge a weakening bullet.
Bind Bullet: Exclusively for Assault Rifle, you can charge a binding bullet.
Dive Roll: Quickly move short distances by diving.
Dive Roll Advance: Invincibility time during Dive Rolling is extended.
Tool Mastery: Damage from tool type skills are increased
Upper Trap: Set a trap that launches Enemies.
Upper Trap Custom: Damage from Upper Trap increases.
Poison trap: Set a poison trap.
Poison Trap Custom: Increases the chance of poisoning with poison traps.
Ability, Reaction, and Range UP are self explanatory.

Force Skill Tree

Flame Mastery: Fire Technics power increases
Flame Mastery 2: Fire Technics power Increases
Photon Flare: Temporarily increase TEC Power in exchange for your maximum HP which decreases.
Flame Tech S Charge: Shorten the charge time of Fire Techs
Ice Mastery: Ice Technics power increases
Ice Mastery 2: Ice Technics power increases
Freeze Ignition: Give an explosive heavy damage to enemies that are frozen
Freeze Tech Boost: Increases the rate of freezing.
Bolt Mastery: Lightning Tech Power Increases
Bolt Mastery 2: Lightning Tech Power Increases
PP Convert: Temporarily increase the PP recovery rate, in exchange for your maximum HP, which decreases.
Bolt Tech PP Save: The PP Consumption rate of lightning techs decreases.
PP Regenerate: The amount of PP recovery increases.
TECH Up, Mind Up, PP UP are self explanatory.
Mirage Escape: By disrupting visual information, you are invincible and can move short distances. (Pretty much a fancy way of saying you are invisible)

•Col•
Aug 30, 2011, 01:27 PM
^I like it.

Looks like Hunter is going to have a variety of stances to use.... And what is the Tool System? o.O

"Tool Mastery: Damage from Skills in the Tool System is increased"

Randomness
Aug 30, 2011, 01:40 PM
^I like it.

Looks like Hunter is going to have a variety of stances to use.... And what is the Tool System? o.O

"Tool Mastery: Damage from Skills in the Tool System is increased"

Since it's under Ranger, I'm guessing it includes traps? Or perhaps the grenades or whatever too.

Would be cool if newmans were able to do more damage with traps (That is, have traps scale off the same stat as techs), to give some kind of advantage to rolling newman ranger.

D-Inferno
Aug 30, 2011, 05:07 PM
Did any check to see what the starting stats are for all 18 classes? Are there any gender differences?(ATA and EVP being removed might affect the way genders are balanced).

Mike
Aug 30, 2011, 07:09 PM
Since it's under Ranger, I'm guessing it includes traps? Or perhaps the grenades or whatever too.
Traps only. The grenade is a PA and doesn't fall in to that category.

Bind Bullet sucked because it didn't really seem to do anything in the demo. In comparisson, Weak Bullet is a skill than any ranger should have. It can cut the time it takes a ranger to defeat an enemy by more than half and when you use it on an enemy's weak point, things really go down.

BioWarrior
Aug 30, 2011, 07:11 PM
Flame skill tree is looking like a must for forces. I hope the tree doesn't end up being permanent choices though.

Randomness
Aug 30, 2011, 07:30 PM
Flame skill tree is looking like a must for forces. I hope the tree doesn't end up being permanent choices though.

I agree, I'd say tack a non-trivial meseta cost onto resetting, and have it increase with points put in or something. Maybe even let you reset skills individually for a lower price.

I would like to know for sure if techs can be used by non-forces, if not newmans do need something extra... or they'll be completely outclassed (Like having trap skills scale off tech stats, though that would be cruel to casts, who were the trap users in PSO - though they might get bonus status rate, or something instead... I dunno)

BioWarrior
Aug 30, 2011, 07:57 PM
They could always make it so newmans have higher trap damage and let casts have MUCH higher inventory space for traps. Though honestly I'd like to see some tech based guns and swords, original PSO had some.

Randomness
Aug 30, 2011, 08:21 PM
They could always make it so newmans have higher trap damage and let casts have MUCH higher inventory space for traps. Though honestly I'd like to see some tech based guns and swords, original PSO had some.

Only ones that come to mind are Elysion and Holy Ray, and it was only their equip costs that used tech stats (And of course, Elysion firing Foie, but...). Holy Ray was really nice as a HUnewearl. Rifle range, Arrest for special, easily equipped.

Arkios
Aug 30, 2011, 11:13 PM
Only ones that come to mind are Elysion and Holy Ray, and it was only their equip costs that used tech stats (And of course, Elysion firing Foie, but...). Holy Ray was really nice as a HUnewearl. Rifle range, Arrest for special, easily equipped.

I think there were a few others too, but they all sucked. I vaguely remember there being a shot-type weapon that had a burning special like Foie. (Didn't Bernie use it?) Didn't red handgun do something similar too? (It's been so long since I played...)

But yeah, it would be cool if they added some and made them scale off a stat that hunters/rangers actually USE.

BioWarrior
Aug 30, 2011, 11:46 PM
I think there were a few others too, but they all sucked. I vaguely remember there being a shot-type weapon that had a burning special like Foie. (Didn't Bernie use it?) Didn't red handgun do something similar too? (It's been so long since I played...)

But yeah, it would be cool if they added some and made them scale off a stat that hunters/rangers actually USE.

Your thinking of inferno bazooka.

Arkios
Aug 31, 2011, 12:21 AM
We were both actually off, the weapon that Bernie uses is Flame Visit. Which doesn't have a tech-based special. (Inferno Bazooka was pretty sweet though, equippable by all classes FTW)

The weapon I was thinking of that did fire damage was the Egg Blaster:
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=119

Red Handgun had a "zonde"-esque special.

BioWarrior
Aug 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
Speaking of which, I really hope photon cannons return, screw PSU's laser cannons. Photon Cannon's were 100% more badass with that photon ball shooting out with a trail of heat distorting everything.

Dinosaur
Aug 31, 2011, 12:55 AM
Hildebear Cane and Twin Blaze!

Aumi
Aug 31, 2011, 02:51 AM
Whatever, i dont care. And after a few hours of gameplay, none of you will either.

Just like those units. I dont really care for them that much, but i really dont mind wearing them.

You certainly sound confident about that. Sorry to destroy your delusion, but there are people who care. For me character design and customization are very important aspects, so I'm far from welcoming to the idea that my character's looks would change their stats. If it comes to that, I'll be the kind of person who is going to be called a noob for using low-stat equipment for looks...

Arande
Aug 31, 2011, 03:11 AM

Taunts? In my PSO?.... I hope I'm not the only one tempted to play a defensive HU with the just guard line and all that.

Also from that blig, the info about your costume is your armor. I honestly couldn't stand most of the parts from PSU, hope we don't ahve to sacrifice looks for stats.(edit, meh, maybe I'm just getting a little confused witht he wording

Dinosaur
Aug 31, 2011, 04:40 AM

Taunts? In my PSO?.... I hope I'm not the only one tempted to play a defensive HU with the just guard line and all that.

HUcast/caseal = taunt -> glide around like an idiot -> guard stance -> glide around like an idiot

Arande
Aug 31, 2011, 07:39 AM
Then sega trolls everyone by putting PP costs for step/roll/escape. Not that I'd complain...

Angelo
Aug 31, 2011, 07:46 AM
So there is a taunt in this game?! That has me excited... however...

it brings me back to the topic of enemy syncing. It seems apparent that they want to give HUs the options to become 'tanks', which I am ecstatic about, but you can only tank effectively if the enemies are synced for everyone. I'm just going to assume that they've more or less solved the issue if they're allowed this kind of dynamic play.

Dinosaur
Aug 31, 2011, 07:47 AM
Then sega trolls everyone by putting PP costs for step/roll/escape. Not that I'd complain...

There totally should be or else there would be no excuse to ever get hit as a any class.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2011, 09:17 AM
There totally should be or else there would be no excuse to ever get hit as a any class.

Lack of attentiveness?

Zyrusticae
Aug 31, 2011, 10:24 AM
You certainly sound confident about that. Sorry to destroy your delusion, but there are people who care. For me character design and customization are very important aspects, so I'm far from welcoming to the idea that my character's looks would change their stats. If it comes to that, I'll be the kind of person who is going to be called a noob for using low-stat equipment for looks...
Don't worry, buddy - we can be gimped TOGETHER!

And I'm sure there will be others, too. Even if we have to suffer for it, we don't have to suffer alone! ^^;

Zorafim
Aug 31, 2011, 10:55 AM
http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up132568.jpg

Oh, dear. Is that what the end game weapons are going to look like again? I was hoping this game would have some more normal sized weapons, but with this series' track record, I guess a weapon three times your size isn't unexpected.
That being said, it's nice to see bladed weaponry again. And I like the futuristic look it has to it (why does that impress me? shouldn't I be used to that?).

I'm liking the skill tree idea. Especially with force. It kinda bugged me that you had to have all your techs leveled up, and use them all based on the enemy, in order to perform well. Now that it's forcing you to specialize, we can start seeing some elemental themed fighters going around.

I'm kinda sad about stats being linked to armor, but that might not be a terrible thing. Looking like you are a certain level has a certain appeal to it. I just hope this doesn't mean I'm forced into some skimpy outfit because it's somehow more practical than anything else I have. I'd much rather have something most fitting the character image I have in mind, but I guess that's the major complaint about leveling up your armor, anyway.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2011, 11:39 AM
That should be a lvl 20 weapon.

It's a level 20 weapon.

Malevolent215
Aug 31, 2011, 11:40 AM
http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up132568.jpg

Oh, dear. Is that what the end game weapons are going to look like again? I was hoping this game would have some more normal sized weapons, but with this series' track record, I guess a weapon three times your size isn't unexpected.
That being said, it's nice to see bladed weaponry again. And I like the futuristic look it has to it (why does that impress me? shouldn't I be used to that?).

I'm liking the skill tree idea. Especially with force. It kinda bugged me that you had to have all your techs leveled up, and use them all based on the enemy, in order to perform well. Now that it's forcing you to specialize, we can start seeing some elemental themed fighters going around.

I'm kinda sad about stats being linked to armor, but that might not be a terrible thing. Looking like you are a certain level has a certain appeal to it. I just hope this doesn't mean I'm forced into some skimpy outfit because it's somehow more practical than anything else I have. I'd much rather have something most fitting the character image I have in mind, but I guess that's the major complaint about leveling up your armor, anyway.

We've seen this set of pics already but hell, who wouldn't like to run around with a gigantic folding pocket knife? Sorry, I think it's a comical but still a cool weapon, or am I the only one that noticed it's folded up on her back?

Lyric
Aug 31, 2011, 11:49 AM
It's nice to see we're at least getting some weapon animation again...though, that sword would make the buster sword go limp. Seriously, a little too big..

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2011, 01:38 PM
PSP2 had weapon animations as well...

WHAT'S WITH THIS "FINALLY X IS BACK AGAIN!" TALK?! D<

•Col•
Aug 31, 2011, 01:44 PM
You know what unique animation I loved in PSP2?

That one outfit that put your character in bandages and your arm in a sling. Lulz were had.

Lyric
Aug 31, 2011, 01:49 PM

Some of us didn't play PSP2.

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 01:52 PM

It sure did. But for some reason, i didn't care. PSO's was cooler for some reason.

inb4nostalgia

Vashyron
Aug 31, 2011, 02:44 PM
Even PSU had some animations.

Back to PSO2 now, found 2 screens that shows you can even make your female character show off a 6 pack.

[spoiler-box]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/765/wwwdotuporg1969155.jpghttp://img831.imageshack.us/img831/410/wwwdotuporg1969160.jpg[/spoiler-box]

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2011, 03:19 PM
It sure did. But for some reason, i didn't care. PSO's was cooler for some reason.

inb4nostalgia

You should have said NB4 unjustifiable biased fanboy nonsense. :0

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2011, 03:23 PM
You should have said NB4 unjustifiable biased fanboy nonsense. :0

closeenough.jpg

BlackCosmic
Aug 31, 2011, 03:24 PM

Back to PSO2 now, found 2 screens that shows you can even make your female character show off a 6 pack.

[spoiler-box]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/765/wwwdotuporg1969155.jpghttp://img831.imageshack.us/img831/410/wwwdotuporg1969160.jpg[/spoiler-box]

shawty looking good mmm ^^

Canard de Bain
Aug 31, 2011, 05:32 PM
Please, shut the hell up unless you have any info. q.q

ShinMaruku
Aug 31, 2011, 05:37 PM
Boobies!

Corey Blue
Aug 31, 2011, 05:55 PM

Girl abs!! yes.~

Arkios
Aug 31, 2011, 06:03 PM

q.q x2

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 07:54 PM
shawty looking good mmm ^^

Rofl are you from ATL?

BTW, im diggin that. I hope there are more mild versions and whatnot too. Toned is sexy, but i dont want a tranny X_X

Mike
Aug 31, 2011, 08:02 PM
BTW, im diggin that. I hope there are more mild versions and whatnot too. Toned is sexy, but i dont want a tranny X_X
It's a slider. To the left is less tone and to the right is more tone so you can find a balance. I'm not sure why having muscles would mean being a transexual though.

Zyrusticae
Aug 31, 2011, 08:59 PM
MUSCLE SLIDER IS IN!? OMG YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSS!!!

I LOVE YOU FOREVER SEGA. STATS ON CLOTHING, VISUAL UNITS, WHATEVER THE FUCK, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, MUSCLE SLIDER IS IN. ALL IS FORGIVEN. ALL IS FORGIVEN!

Mike
Aug 31, 2011, 09:12 PM
MUSCLE SLIDER IS IN!? OMG YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSS!!!

I LOVE YOU FOREVER SEGA. STATS ON CLOTHING, VISUAL UNITS, WHATEVER THE FUCK, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, MUSCLE SLIDER IS IN. ALL IS FORGIVEN. ALL IS FORGIVEN!
Perhaps I should clarify myself, it's a muscle tone slider in the skin selection. You can see it in Vash's post. Left and right control muscle tone while up and down control skin color. You're not really adding bulky muscle with it.

•Col•
Aug 31, 2011, 09:31 PM
Perhaps I should clarify myself, it's a muscle tone slider in the skin selection. You can see it in Vash's post. Left and right control muscle tone while up and down control skin color. You're not really adding bulky muscle with it.

Yeah, but you could just adjust the proportions of your individual body parts to give the appearance that it's all muscle.

BlackCosmic
Aug 31, 2011, 09:33 PM
so you must be speaking to the other comments after me as well? Btw i was just joking around. Ps: no need to reply to this if its going to be negative bs.

q.q x2
:-?

Rofl are you from ATL?

No, just thought it would be funny.

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 10:11 PM
It's a slider. To the left is less tone and to the right is more tone so you can find a balance. I'm not sure why having muscles would mean being a transexual though.

over exaggeration. Comedic effect! (wasn't funny was it)

I was getting MIGHTY tired of seeing the same outfits and heights from these alpha videos, but more than anything the lack of body types was getting quite old, too.

A few rufina's were past due.