PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Info Thread(Last Updated 5-18-12) + Beta Registration Guide

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

SELENNA
Aug 31, 2011, 10:26 PM
I find it weird they didn't show mags yet. On the other hand, a lot of stuff is still under wraps about the final game and I kind of like it - too many games are completely spoiled before release so that's a change.

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 10:30 PM
I find it weird they didn't show mags yet. On the other hand, a lot of stuff is still under wraps about the final game and I kind of like it - too many games are completely spoiled before release so that's a change.

I agree! It's like nothing is a surprise anymore because they try so hard to hook you : 0

It's kind of odd nowadays how they have to reveal like every system in the game to sell it to you before you even play it for yourself.

•Col•
Aug 31, 2011, 10:36 PM
They probably haven't shown Mags yet because they are radically different from their PSO versions...

My random guess (based on absolutely nothing) is that Mags actually evolved and are constantly in their Photon Blast forms and are now spiritual guardians of the worlds/Arks... >.>

SELENNA
Aug 31, 2011, 10:43 PM
They probably haven't shown Mags yet because they are radically different from their PSO versions...

My random guess (based on absolutely nothing) is that Mags actually evolved and are constantly in their Photon Blast forms and are now spiritual guardians of the worlds/Arks... >.>

Doubtful. If I was in the team in charge of PSO2 I'd add mags with feed charts, evolutions and blasts like in PSO but without the stats boost. Then I'd add some unique models available only for a lot (and I mean, a lot) of meseta / photon drops / whatever in a shop that you can get by paying real money too if you are lazy or don't have time to devote to the game. Of course my vision is a free to play game with micro-transaction support so maybe they won't follow my thinking :p

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 11:04 PM
If this game follows microtransaction model, best believe Mags are going to take FULL blast of that shit.

•Col•
Aug 31, 2011, 11:06 PM
Disregard this post... <.<

Mike
Aug 31, 2011, 11:08 PM
We know there are mags. They weren't in the alpha (nor were they supposed to be). So just be patient and sit back with the rest of us.

•Col•
Aug 31, 2011, 11:16 PM
We know there are mags. They weren't in the alpha (nor were they supposed to be). So just be patient and sit back with the rest of us.

We knew that mags are in the game, but last I checked we didn't how HOW they would appear.... But I just went back to this old post (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-units/) and read this:

"You can also use Mags too, so Mags and Units can make your character have such a unique look!"

Was that an actual translation of something, or was it just a misunderstanding because previously it was confirmed that Mags were in the game?

Zorafim
Aug 31, 2011, 11:37 PM
Ooh~ muscle tone? That's a nice way to set my character apart from others. Soft face, firm muscles. I always did like making characters with that combination.

So, the units we put on different parts on our bodies are visual, right? Hands, legs, back and head? I'm asking, because I thought I saw a twin ribbon piece of clothing ala Karen, and with the whole hair physics and all, well...
I can has cape? Prease?

Mike
Sep 1, 2011, 01:03 AM
Hands, legs, back and head?
Arms, back, and legs. 3 slots. I believe there were three tiers of visible units in the demo. The lowest tier was rather generic looking stuff. The second tier, which is what those back ribbons were, were slightly softer and rounder than the first tier. The third tier was a more angular and jet-like.

We knew that mags are in the game, but last I checked we didn't how HOW they would appear.... But I just went back to this old post (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-units/) and read this:

"You can also use Mags too, so Mags and Units can make your character have such a unique look!"

Was that an actual translation of something, or was it just a misunderstanding because previously it was confirmed that Mags were in the game?
I believe that's a direct translation from one of the emails. I don't have it in front of me at the moment so I'm not 100% sure but I think that's what it is.

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20110822048/

^ New article about character creation?

Shows a bunch of screens and has a video at the end. (Which is a slideshow of different images.)

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 11:33 AM
Yes! The perfect hairstyle!!

[spoiler-box]http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20110822048/SS/027.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I can now, without a doubt, make exactly the character I'm envisioning.

•Col•
Sep 2, 2011, 12:29 PM
Yes! The perfect hairstyle!!

[spoiler-box]http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20110822048/SS/027.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I can now, without a doubt, make exactly the character I'm envisioning.

That was the very first hairstyle we saw, lol.... It's the HUmar's.....

Serephim
Sep 2, 2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20110822048/TN/057.jpg

*smoke*

*puff*

"just dont give a fu brah."

Dabian
Sep 2, 2011, 01:12 PM
I can see it now....it's going to be Lineage all over again. Hide your children the Elves are upon us.

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 01:19 PM
That was the very first hairstyle we saw, lol.... It's the HUmar's.....

I think it looks better on the girl. You act like I should have every hairstyle memorized or something.

I don't....yet.

Serephim
Sep 2, 2011, 01:20 PM
I can see it now....it's going to be Lineage all over again. Hide your children the Elves are upon us.It's always been that way. In PSO anyway. Newmans were the only instance of a Hunter female character. Well, aside from Hucaseal, but that isn't a fleshie.

....speaking of which....has anyone seen the design for Humarl yet...???? I honestly don't think it's even been mentioned yet! All the Human Female Hunters have been rockin Hunewearl clothing.

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 01:21 PM
....speaking of which....has anyone seen the design for Humarl yet...???? I honestly don't think it's even been mentioned yet!

The HUmarl has the same outfit as the HUnewearl, I think. Hopefully they change that, though.

Dabian
Sep 2, 2011, 01:23 PM
The facebook page only just broke 3000 likes to get us these 2. Want Humarl but can't wait for TGS? Promote :p

Zaix
Sep 2, 2011, 01:26 PM
In the alpha test, the HUmarl, HUnewm, RAnewm, RAnewearl, FOnewm, FOnewearl, FOcast, and FOcaseal were missing their own outfits and borrowed other classes outfits. Some have been seen in concept art but several are still a complete mystery.

Serephim
Sep 2, 2011, 01:27 PM
The HUmarl has the same outfit as the HUnewearl, I think. Hopefully they change that, though.

I doubt it's officially the same, they probably just havent gotten it done yet.

I'm personally hoping it's more along the lines of the Humar and Hunewm outfit, not too revealing and a bit more functional. Not too bulky either, although Humar and Hunewm aren't bulky to begin with so im not concerned with that.

Maybe a PSO2 version of the Guardless set from PSU!

But if it's similar to the Hunewearl outfit....you're getting lazy at the finish line, Sega.

Dabian
Sep 2, 2011, 01:30 PM
Agreed. Let's see some sophistication after the cute and ridiculous that was PSP2/PSP2:i

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 01:33 PM
At least nothing too 'ridiculous' has shown up yet.

At this point with the Costume = Stats thing, if there are no 'vanity slots' I won't mind so much.

Dabian
Sep 2, 2011, 01:35 PM
The sheer potential of the creation system coupled with players' imagination/fantasies/fetishes will fill the ridiculous void :p

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 01:39 PM
I hoping for something like that one outfit from Infinity...you know, this one:

[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Duman-Female-alternate.jpg[/spoiler-box]

*grabs flame shield*

The sheer potential of the creation system coupled with players' imagination/fantasies/fetishes will fill the ridiculous void :p

Oh, you have no idea.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2011, 01:45 PM
I hoping for something like that one outfit from Infinity...you know, this one:

[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Duman-Female-alternate.jpg[/spoiler-box]

We'll just have to agree to disagree, I suppose.

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 01:53 PM
Hmm, reminds me outside of beginner outfits, I wonder if they'll be doing a ton of different costumes (or maybe with also added modifications of other outfits) since they are essentially your armor with stats.

Or if they'll lazy out and some will look exactly the same further on. Though I can see that being a good thing so older outfits don't get left in the dust due to low stats.

...Yeah I really hope there is a vanity slot of sorts. :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 02:05 PM
Wait, I must have missed something. Your character's clothing has stats built into it?

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2011, 02:07 PM
Wait, I must have missed something. Your character's clothing has stats built into it?

Yeah, sorry to disappoint you, but that's all but been confirmed, from my understanding...

It's stupid, I know.

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 02:07 PM
It was mentioned a few days ago. Your costume in addition to units has stats. For casts this only goes for their Torso.

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 02:09 PM
So, if you really like an outfit, but don't want to sacrifice...let's say...5 points of ATP, then you'll have to switch to an outfit you don't like?

Yeah, that's a fucking terrible idea.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2011, 02:10 PM
So, if you really like an outfit, but don't want to sacrifice, let's say, 5 points of ATP, then you'll have to switch to an outfit you don't like?

Yeah, that's a fucking terrible idea.

Yeah, we know. I much prefer my concept, which I discussed in a seperate tread. I can repeat it here, if you'd like?

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 02:12 PM
The game is also in Alpha, from my understanding you couldn't even change costume outside of the character creation.

Nothing that says in the future they won't try to appease players that like a certain look, but don't want to be gimped. (Like by inserting a simple vanity slot. :wacko: )

Noel Vermillion
Sep 2, 2011, 02:13 PM
Oh wow, did anyone notice the obvious Phoenix Wright and Godot hairstyles for males? :P

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hopefully they do something different than that. I really wish that they would do the smart thing and keep aesthetics completely separate from statistics. Why should anyone have to sacrifice having their character looking the way they want them to look just so they can "keep up" with having the best stat set-up? That's a horrible design choice, and deals a good blow or two to the near-perfect customization the game would otherwise offer.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hopefully they do something different than that. I really wish that they would do the smart thing and keep aesthetics completely separate from statistics. Why should anyone have to sacrifice having their character looking the way they want them to look just so they can "keep up" with having the best stat set-up? That's a horrible design choice.

I know, right? it's like they're purposely taking steps backwards in the name of streamlining things....

I'd rather have to hunt for my armor.

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 02:31 PM
You'll be hunting for your Armor+Clothing now. Instead of just out buying it from a NPC.

Does sound this would give that 'excitement' that some people have of hunting certain weapons, but to also clothes by doing this. (In turn also making certain clothing much rarer.)

I really don't see much of a problem with this... as long as they give me vanity slots. :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 02:34 PM
I think "rarer" clothing being drops instead of just purchasable is actually a pretty badass idea. I'm behind that notion. I just don't like the statistical tie-ins for the clothes. That's going to suck unless they tweak it a bit to where you can maybe buy(?) stat upgrades for outfits to put them right alongside the current "upper-tier" outfits.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2011, 02:37 PM
I think "rarer" clothing being drops instead of just purchasable is actually a pretty badass idea. I'm behind that notion. I just don't like the statistical tie-ins for the clothes. That's going to suck unless they tweak it a bit to where you can maybe buy(?) stat upgrades for outfits to put them right alongside the current "upper-tier" outfits.

That's actually similar to the system I thought up, so kudos to you, good sir.

FOkyasuta
Sep 2, 2011, 02:58 PM
Ah the Upgrade System.

Might be like a 0/5 Style Upgrade System. That and i smell different kinds of grinders. Not Mono, Dig or Tri. Hope you comprende.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 2, 2011, 03:21 PM
If the clothing stats are simply minor, then it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Since stats for Casts are only on the torso, I don't care much for the fleshies :D

Zyrusticae
Sep 2, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm okay with this.

Because MUSCLE TONE SLIDER FUCK YEAH. I'll gimp myself to look cool, I don't even care anymore, everyone else can deal with my gimpy damage because I'll look AWESOME.

Dinosaur
Sep 2, 2011, 05:20 PM
Now that I think about it, stats on clothing makes sense.

It would be retarded if all the newearls(FO, HU, and RA) were all dressed up as the female HU outfit(which we have seen in the alpha).

I'm guessing the stats differences won't be large, but enough to warrant that that clothing will mainly benefit that particular class.

I assume this also comes into conjunction with the sub-class system. Lets say you want to play a melee-based mage. In that case, you would want to rock HU clothing on your FO.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 2, 2011, 05:25 PM
as long as i can use a dressing room and adjust the colors of my Humar's suit/clothes to blacks and/with charcol grey trim, and the design looks good, then I dont care if clothes have stats.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2011, 06:31 PM
I've already come to the conclusion that everyone else who doesn't like me wearing what I want can suck it.
Cheers, everyone.

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.onlinegamer.jp/news/201109020016/

More info (and screens.) Would be nice if someone could translate this and the last 4gamer one if they contain any new details.

GCoffee
Sep 3, 2011, 08:48 AM
Man, I had not seen a Ramar in any in-game pics before, but theirs looks mighty cool. That blue outfit is just sexy. Have I been bewitched?

ShinMaruku
Sep 4, 2011, 04:37 PM
Now with all this stuff. bring the Bikini armour.
I shall light you on fire while looking great

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2011, 04:48 PM

"Oh...dear. It is hot in here or is it just you?"

"It's not me, it's you."

"Wha-?? FIRE!! I'M ON FIRE! OH, DEAR SWEET BUTTERY JESUS, FIRE HOT!"

:lol: :lol:

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2011, 05:02 PM

Something tells me that even if they do have "novelty outfits" such as bikinis, that the "built-in stats" for them will be horrible, as to deter players from using it for "serious combat."

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2011, 05:04 PM
Something tells me that even if they do have "novelty outfits" such as bikinis, that the "built-in stats" for them will be horrible, as to deter players from using it for "serious combat."

Just watch them have the best stats.

I wouldn't be surprised. It'd be a WTF moment, but I wouldn't be surprised. XD

•Col•
Sep 4, 2011, 05:30 PM

Good.

Wear them in the damn lobbies.

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2011, 05:31 PM
Good.

I'll wear them where I damn well please. I don't care what you want me to do.

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2011, 05:41 PM
Good.

I dunno why this argument always has to be so complicated...

You guys must have Phantasy Star OCD... @_@

@ OLAF... I seriously doubt they'd do that with the gimmick outfits/weapons. Though I am annoyed at the tiny outfit choices and 80% of them being designed for PSO fanboys so far. I don't think they'd hold back on the gimmicks/out of place charms that a lot of fans love, if all of their past games only seemed to gradually get MORE, AND keep all the classic ones.

If this game is official and it's going to last 5 years like everything else, then it has all this extra space because it's on PC. Then it's gonna have to have EVERYTHING, and people are just going to have to deal with it.

Vashyron
Sep 4, 2011, 05:43 PM
If they do have lower stats, it will not only cause the person that wants to wear it from using them in combat, but also probably get them kicked out of parties for someone more 'useful.'

Or they'll have the best stats causing people to wear them for that and those who prefer a more serious look will also probably get kicked out of parties for someone else more 'useful.'

:wacko:

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2011, 05:44 PM
@ OLAF... I seriously doubt they'd do that with the gimmick outfits. Though I am annoyed at the tiny outfit choices and 80% of them being designed for PSO fanboys. I don't think they'd hold back on the gimmicks if all of their past games only seemed to gradually get more AND keep all the classic ones.

That's what I'm figuring. I mean, Infinity was chock-the-fuck-full of those ludicrous, fanservice outfits. So, I'm sure PSO2 will have plenty of them. Probably not at first, but eventually.

And, as I've said, if it's really that big of a deal to some of you tight-assed crybabies, then let's meet up in-game (when it comes out, obviously), blacklist each other, and piss off back to our own business. I'd be glad to do that.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2011, 05:47 PM
It's understandable that people want certain things from a game that they're paying monthly for....

...but you have to remember that that's how it is for everyone. Sorry to say, but if someone doesn't like what the designers put in, they can either deal with it, or stop playing.

I hate to be rude, but that's just how it is.

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2011, 05:50 PM
@ 2 above posts, yeah exactly.

@ vashyron, well I wouldn't wanna play with people like that anyway. That's what friends are for. And I don't think the stats on clothes will be THAT high priority anyway.

Hell, I'm tempted to play through the whole game barehanded if possible...

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2011, 05:52 PM
@ 2 above posts, yeah exactly.

@ vashyron, well I wouldn't wanna play with people like that anyway. That's what friends are for. And I don't think the stats on clothes will be THAT high priority anyway.

Hell, I'm tempted to play through the whole game barehanded if possible...

I know, right? I heard they had barehanded fighting, and thought to myself, "I am most definitely gonna do that" I'm really interested to see if they have something like a grab move or not. :D

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2011, 05:53 PM
I know, right? I heard they had barehanded fighting, and thought to myself, "I am most definitely gonna do that" I'm really interested to see if they have something like a grab move or not. :D

It was in one of the first alpha vids posted. With the tranny FO.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2011, 05:57 PM
It was in one of the first alpha vids posted. With the tranny FO.

Huh. I must have missed that one. O?O So there is a grab for barehanded, then? Awesome.

Vashyron
Sep 4, 2011, 05:59 PM
Was probably exaggerating a there on the clothing, or not, we don't know the stat differences.

Much fun as it is playing with friends, Doubt most people will do that exclusively, even forgetting the parties of 12.

And on punching, I'll probably join in punching things... for a few minutes? Sounds like a fun novelty right now, but actually doing it in game I'd guess it would get boring fast.

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2011, 06:37 PM
Huh. I must have missed that one. O?O So there is a grab for barehanded, then? Awesome.

I dunno I didn't see/don't remember a grab, But if their is, I'm going River City Ransom on everything.

Serephim
Sep 4, 2011, 06:45 PM
If they do have lower stats, it will not only cause the person that wants to wear it from using them in combat, but also probably get them kicked out of parties for someone more 'useful.'

Or they'll have the best stats causing people to wear them for that and those who prefer a more serious look will also probably get kicked out of parties for someone else more 'useful.'

:wacko:

Did anyone EVER get kicked from a party for not having good gear in PSU? It's never happened to me, but everyone talks about it like it's an epidemic or something...

Who has it happened to?

I dunno I didn't see/don't remember a grab, But if their is, I'm going River City Ransom on everything.

inb4everyonesharessamegrab

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2011, 06:50 PM
I don't wanna fight like a princess because I made a male force anyway!

But yeah that fomar-tranny fomarl-newman thing in the video was fighting like a man.

So get ready to complain.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2011, 06:53 PM
inb4everyonesharessamegrab

I lol'd :D

Just so unexpected! XD

•Col•
Sep 4, 2011, 07:40 PM

I hope Brave Knuckle returns.

Serephim
Sep 4, 2011, 07:53 PM
I don't wanna fight like a princess because I made a male force anyway!

the female animations were badass. Dat reverse roundhouse kick.

Hrith
Sep 4, 2011, 09:54 PM
"Wha-?? FIRE!! I'M ON FIRE! OH, DEAR SWEET BUTTERY JESUS, FIRE HOT!" http://keffypoo.free.fr/pso/psobb/hrith/flamegarment1.png

Mizunos
Sep 5, 2011, 11:14 AM
Another long-ass article: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/20110906_475425.html?ref=rss

http://i54.tinypic.com/29c3sz9.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/10r72mg.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/wssk1y.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/mwtgsm.jpg

Enforcer MKV
Sep 5, 2011, 11:30 AM
The more stuff I see, the more I want it. Oh, this looks so awesome so far.

Serephim
Sep 5, 2011, 02:38 PM
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/475/425/pso56.jpg

using gunslash, technique icon on quickmenu still lit up. Hope that clears it up for most people.

Although it's still in the air about non-force classes. The guy who confirmed that it wasnt possible was using a cast (although i doubt it matters)

•Col•
Sep 5, 2011, 03:15 PM
^We already had a couple videos showing a Force casting Foie/Zonde from the subpallete...

Kinda sucks that Hunters/Rangers can't though.

SELENNA
Sep 5, 2011, 04:34 PM
The heck is that boss thing in the first pic from last page? o.o

I hope we can hide the left window in the final game, looks annoying (takes too much space)

Tetsaru
Sep 5, 2011, 04:38 PM
The heck is that boss thing in the first pic from last page? o.o

I hope we can hide the left window in the final game, looks annoying (takes too much space)

I dunno about you, but I'd rather have a transparent, organized chat log on the side of the screen than have those annoying comic book style bubbles pop up everywhere. I hated how bad it got in PSU when people started spamming shit, and the only thing you could do about it was blacklist everyone in the room, or move to another server...

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2011, 04:52 PM
the female animations were badass. Dat reverse roundhouse kick.

Gah! Where did people get this terminology? Reverse roundkick doesn't exist! It's can't exist, by definition of the kick! Why does everybody call it a roundhouse? Is it because it's a circular kick, is that it? Is it because everyone hears how awesome roundhouses are, and assume that awesome equates to difficult to perform? What is it?!

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I shouldn't be angry. Erm, let me explain. A roundhouse is a simple kick, performed by simply extending the kick toward the opponent. It's one of the starting kicks taught to new martial artists, along with front kick and side kick (sort of a front stomp and stomp to the side, respectively).
What you're seeing from the female animations is a spinning crescent kick. The foot moves in an arc, similar to a crescent moon's shape, and is never bent (depending on the form). The spinning part comes in from the fact that the user spins the top of their body to create momentum which is all thrown into the kick.
I don't wanna derail the thread, but I had to make sure everyone got this right. It's a crescent kick, not a roundhouse. You can call it a spinning kick too, that's perfect fine.

Back on subject, those novelty items? I'm willing to bet that we'll see at least one magic bikini per item tier. If they did it back in Dragon Quest 3, they'll do it here, too. Especially considering all the fanservice clothing we've seen in the series. Heck, the only reason I chose Caseal in PSU was because they've got the best combat ready looking clothing, so much so that no other race comes close. I can't wait to see newmans and humans in some, too.
That being said, we've already seen the "novelty fanservice" clothing in action. HUnewearl, anyone? Even many pieces in PSU didn't show that much important skin. I realize one of the newman's characteristics is that they're uncomfortable in clothing, and I realize that scantly clad women with oversized weaponry is one of the most iconic signs in fantasy, but, well... HUnewearls can't be comfortable with half their butt exposed to the whims of the elements.

Serephim
Sep 5, 2011, 10:51 PM
Gah! Where did people get this terminology? Reverse roundkick doesn't exist! It's can't exist, by definition of the kick! Why does everybody call it a roundhouse? Is it because it's a circular kick, is that it? Is it because everyone hears how awesome roundhouses are, and assume that awesome equates to difficult to perform? What is it?!

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I shouldn't be angry. Erm, let me explain. A roundhouse is a simple kick, performed by simply extending the kick toward the opponent. It's one of the starting kicks taught to new martial artists, along with front kick and side kick (sort of a front stomp and stomp to the side, respectively).
What you're seeing from the female animations is a spinning crescent kick. The foot moves in an arc, similar to a crescent moon's shape, and is never bent (depending on the form). The spinning part comes in from the fact that the user spins the top of their body to create momentum which is all thrown into the kick.
I don't wanna derail the thread, but I had to make sure everyone got this right. It's a crescent kick, not a roundhouse. You can call it a spinning kick too, that's perfect fine.

tl;dr

get to the point, nobody cares lol

Back on subject, those novelty items? I'm willing to bet that we'll see at least one magic bikini per item tier. If they did it back in Dragon Quest 3, they'll do it here, too. Especially considering all the fanservice clothing we've seen in the series. Heck, the only reason I chose Caseal in PSU was because they've got the best combat ready looking clothing, so much so that no other race comes close. I can't wait to see newmans and humans in some, too.
That being said, we've already seen the "novelty fanservice" clothing in action. HUnewearl, anyone? Even many pieces in PSU didn't show that much important skin. I realize one of the newman's characteristics is that they're uncomfortable in clothing, and I realize that scantly clad women with oversized weaponry is one of the most iconic signs in fantasy, but, well... HUnewearls can't be comfortable with half their butt exposed to the whims of the elements.

It's unfortunate, the PSO Hunewearl had more variations to her simple model by retexturing, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

We'll get plenty of "joke" stuff. I just dont want it to get to PSP2i level, because that just got old after a while.

I think my M human hunter wore the default outfit + kraz outfit the entire game, and my F newman force wore the guardians female outfit the whole game. All that other stuff was just annoying.

NoiseHERO
Sep 5, 2011, 11:06 PM

How to say things on the internet that's just asking people to reply "STFU."

And where are these forces casting from the sub palette vids?

And did they still have the rod equipped? @_@

I don't feel like looking for/through more 10 minute long videos.

Serephim
Sep 5, 2011, 11:25 PM

a) i forgot. It was like a very, very short occurance, a guy did it like ONCE through the entire video after he killed everything. The animation wasn't that spectacular, in fact it looks like it'll probably be shared for every weapon. -_-;

b) yeah, the rod was equipped, but like we said, the button pushed to do the move was on his subpallete, not his regular pallete. So the animation he used to fire the attack was different from the regular ol' rod cannon.

•Col•
Sep 5, 2011, 11:32 PM
How to say things on the internet that's just asking people to reply "STFU."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg96fT7lU6k&feature=player_embedded

Zorafim
Sep 6, 2011, 12:24 AM
tl;dr

tl:dr version: l2names

Serephim
Sep 6, 2011, 01:26 AM
It's okay. Thanks anyway for the martial arts technical lesson that i definitely asked you for. : 3

Arkios
Sep 6, 2011, 03:33 AM
It's okay. Thanks anyway for the martial arts technical lesson that i definitely asked you for. : 3

I lol'd, pretty much what I was thinking as I skimmed that wall of text too.

Mizunos
Sep 6, 2011, 04:01 AM
PSO2 mousepad (TGS guest present)

http://i51.tinypic.com/25s77dd.jpg

Mike
Sep 6, 2011, 05:00 AM
Only two PSO2 presentations this year too. There were three or four Infinity stage presentations last year. Hmm.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2011, 09:24 AM
I think it looks kinda corny...

NB4 everyone loves it, and I'm crazy cause it's PSO2.

Also is that a mag? No, just loli clothes..

•Col•
Sep 6, 2011, 10:30 AM
I think it looks kinda corny...

NB4 everyone loves it, and I'm crazy cause it's PSO2.

I dunno, I like it. I think they could've gone with a better background than the foggy white, mystical look.

It gives off the feeling of.... "Fantasy"......

BUT THIS IS PHANTASY STAR, DAMMIT. WITH A PH.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2011, 10:45 AM
It just looks like cheap-future-white-light effect put on the in-game models, to me.

They needa hurry up on that official artwork!

•Col•
Sep 6, 2011, 10:53 AM
It just looks like cheap-future-white-light effect put on the in-game models, to me.

They needa hurry up on that official artwork!

Uh. I think it is artwork. That is, I don't think those are are the in-game models...

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2011, 11:09 AM
Looks like they just polished up the ingame models to me. Then put all these blur effects on them. They're too identical other than the slightly improved texture and detail.

HUmar even has that same stupid RYU face, and it's obviously no digital painting.

Even if this does count as real official art I've never liked PSU's 3D official art either. I'm gonna have to go PSOfag and say that I definitely prefer something drawn/painted.

Serephim
Sep 6, 2011, 12:42 PM
I think it's hard as hell. I like it because it (HERE IT COMES) reminds me of PSO's artwork. The faces look alot more PSO-ish than Anime-ish. (there's a difference, PSO had a distinct artstyle)

And those are pre-rendered models.

Also, i hate lolis, but that Fonewearl looks badass in that picture. I've been missing the PSO jester-girl Fonewearl for a while, now. She was always cool looking.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2011, 01:40 PM
I remembered PSO for it's hand-drawn artwork.

And both PSO and PSU are up in there air when it comes to art, since they all had multiple artist doing different things. If anything the MOOD is PSO-ish I guess. But the actual art, I'm seeing nothing interesting. In fact I hate most of SEGA's CG work...

/cringes @ non-sonic SEGA game openings

Hell PSP1 had awesome art, even though it was apparently monster hunter influenced. PSZ... I actually hated that art... Studio GONZO is meh to me.

Our concept art so far I'd say it's okay, outside of a chunk of the actual outfit designs, and that racist faced RAmar. But that's another story...

Also a loli's a loli, you're thinking MOE that makes everything annoying. You'll know what I mean when japanese guys start drawing fanart of her.

Serephim
Sep 6, 2011, 02:23 PM
Oh, i see.

PSU had artwork done from the original PSO artist. It just didn't look like it. Check the PSO-W art archives, PSU has lots of clothing design that made it look extremely PSO-ish.

Sega's CG has been pretty bad since PSU because they've been lazy with it. They take the in-game stuff, increase the polygon count on it, add a bit of cloth physics and call it CG. Not the same thing. Lazy. However, that first PSU video we got (with the planet destructing, chick with the horns, the cool nanoblast, the saber that disintegrated enemies, a WONDERFUL orchestration, and we thought the game was going to be actually really awesome but it was nothing like it?) that was true CG.

Zorafim
Sep 6, 2011, 02:36 PM
Huh... I'm really getting a strong Phantasy Star vibe from that HUnewearl. The eyes are strong and intelligent, the posture is powerful, and the position for the hands and the ribbons coming from the shoulder suggest an animal theme, more than the space elf theme we've seen. Not to mention, the clothing is stylistically skimpy (too much for my taste, but...), but made of a strong, defensive material.
The other classes, barring the FOnewearl, also give me a traditional PS vibe, too. Though the HUmar outfit is obviously based on PSO's, it kinda reminds me of a mixture of Chaz's and Alys' hunter outfits. The RAcast is reminding me of some of the mechanical enemies fought, too.
Fanboy senses, tingling. It almost is like they really did get the original cast in to get the style back to something traditionally seen in the series.
that was a wall of text?

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2011, 02:37 PM
Oh, i see.

PSU had artwork done from the original PSO artist. It just didn't look like it. Check the PSO-W art archives, PSU has lots of clothing design that made it look extremely PSO-ish.

Sega's CG has been pretty bad since PSU because they've been lazy with it. They take the in-game stuff, increase the polygon count on it, add a bit of cloth physics and call it CG. Not the same thing. Lazy. However, that first PSU video we got (with the planet destructing, chick with the horns, the cool nanoblast, the saber that disintegrated enemies, a WONDERFUL orchestration, and we thought the game was going to be actually really awesome but it was nothing like it?) that was true CG.

Exactly, I hate the way that looked, and the fact that they sold it to us. For both the CGI scenes AND official art. e_e

And PSO2 already doing with the mousepad...

C'mon sakai...

C'MON!! You're japan, 1 out of every 10 people there are borderline proffessional artists. I know you can give us some pimped out box art/booklet art at LEAST.

Serephim
Sep 6, 2011, 02:43 PM
Everytime i watch that video, i get terrible fanboy burps from deep in my soul as i wait for the game to come out.

And then i realize it did come out. And it was so disappointing. (compared to that video anyway.)

Even nothing shown in PSO2 SO FAR comes close to capturing the "PSO" feel of the original PSU CG trailer.

Ironic, isnt it.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchDkrStK30&feature=related

Oh my god, that soundtrack.

SO. FREAKING. EPIC.

The themesong. the animation. The effects, the art direction, the epic dragon climax. RIP Sonicteam.

It's terribly sad how there is not a SINGLE SONG in PSU's final soundtrack that sounds nearly as good as that version of its themesong.

ShinMaruku
Sep 6, 2011, 03:19 PM
HUmar even has that same stupid RYU face, and it's obviously no digital painting.

The answer lies in the heart of battle. XD

Dabian
Sep 7, 2011, 07:41 PM
Remember that the "default" models that Sega set are really just "suggestions" as to how you could possibly build your character. So if you have an ideal "mix" to achieve that, I dunno, magical-but-not-quite-mahou-shoujo-but-sexy-enough-to-be-taken-seriously-yet-still-make-nya-poses-and-sing-like-prince, (you get the idea), the vids so far show that your fantasies are possible.

Of course there's anime, and heavy doses of its influence inside PSO2. That's not a bad thing. I'm probably quite biased, but I don't necessarily want muscle and all that rock hard stuff when I roleplay as a male character in a RPG. Just look at World of Warcraft. Dated engine I know, (graphic style remains appealing though), but every human male is Arnie.

I draw your attention to the arcade Dungeons and Dragon games. My favorite magic user was sleek and slender. Charming all the same. :)

Vashyron
Sep 15, 2011, 11:21 PM
Well more info thanks to TGS: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-tgs-2011-screenshot-dump/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSjZwVvZYQ

Zaix
Sep 15, 2011, 11:52 PM
Well, some marked changes from the alpha: More detailed cast creation, no defense stats on clothing, increasing power of techs, and allowing tech charging from the sub pallet.

You may want to consider mentioning some of this stuff.

AzureBlaze
Sep 16, 2011, 12:52 AM
Amazing Stuff!
It's like they're listening to everything and then DOING it! Even my super nitpick dumb things are getting covered as well as my "Deal Breaker" irritations that I (and others) had been fretting.

EYEBROW color change!
THIS. IDK why no one complained it but when I saw their pallet of lousy eyebrows I was like "wat" because even PSU had better brows. Why? They matched the color of your hair, so you didn't just look like some corney clown who wanted to dye their brown hair pink that day. Eyebrows are super-visible, they must match the hair color if you want the hair to appear natural.

CAST body slider fixes! Aaaaah the zippo customization for us poor casts finally got them riled up enough to fix it. Relief begins. Not being able to really get in and customize cast was breaking this for me. Every time one of those JP articles complained I was rooting it on. FOcast looks amazing in action. Now if only they'd showcase like 50 heads for each...

They removed DEF stat from clothing!
All the clothing complainers now can be relieved. Really, I am too. Because when a stat is tied to your total look, you get everyone wearing the exact same thing and it gets dull.

Making things better for Forces-
Sub pallet tech charges! Raising the power of uncharged techs! This will facilitate a more PSO like atmosphere because "Charged only works when wep bound" so if you make uncharged more effective, it encourages anyone to use any wep to tech with--which was a big appeal on PSO. Also apparently force weapons being used to (At least do something fancy with twirling) possibly hit things, which a lot of people wanted.

All of this seems to be fantastic info, with only positive changes that resolve complaints of both the few, and the masses.

Angelo
Sep 16, 2011, 08:48 AM
The clothing thing is the biggest news for me.

BlackCosmic
Sep 16, 2011, 08:55 AM
So the only 2 clothing left to be revealed are the default Newman male and female ranger outfits?

yoshiblue
Sep 16, 2011, 09:46 AM
The armada at the end reminds me of the warp gate in Star Fox Assault (Beltino Orbital Gate) and Halo's High Charity(with the ships and the big thing in the back).

Kazzi
Sep 16, 2011, 09:53 AM
So the only 2 clothing left to be revealed are the default Newman male and female ranger outfit?

RAmarl was revealed ages ago, she's in the second PV. The only one that have not been seen are the RAnewm and RAnewearl iirc? That's if they exist? Someone correct me.

MinscTFA
Sep 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
Looking at all these character creation videos, is it even possible to make "fat chicks" in this game? I like slim women as much as the next guy. That said, it would be foolish not to include the ability to have over weight female characters. Seeing a McDonolds FOnewearl standing in a sea of loli FOnewearls would be quite amusing.

Mag-X
Sep 16, 2011, 11:06 AM
Seeing a FOnewearl that's anything besides a loli is a novelty. Even just a tall, thin one with boobs larger than an A cup is rare.

yoshiblue
Sep 16, 2011, 11:42 AM
Do just having thunder thighs count?

Enforcer MKV
Sep 16, 2011, 11:47 AM
^Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

MinscTFA
Sep 16, 2011, 12:06 PM
If she's not as wide as she is tall, it's a no go. :p

Zyrusticae
Sep 16, 2011, 12:10 PM
That was some nice CG.

I am quite happy about the news of the clothing stats being removed. Good stuff. (I was planning on gimping myself anyways, but it's nice to know I don't have to do that anymore.)

yoshiblue
Sep 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
If she's not as wide as she is tall, it's a no go. :p

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt212/BigDragun987/Forum%20Shiz/lens18278982_1312560700challenge-accepted.png

BIG OLAF
Sep 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
I am quite happy about the news of the clothing stats being removed.

Oh? That was confirmed? Beautiful.

(haven't watched the TGS footage yet)

•Col•
Sep 16, 2011, 01:06 PM
So the only 2 clothing left to be revealed are the default Newman male and female ranger outfits?

RAnewm/RAnewearl was shown in the very first gameplay video/pictures.

Pretty sure the only actual model we haven't seen yet is the HUnewm.... Which makes me sad, because that's one I've been looking forward to. :(

But dear god do the FOnewm/newearl look good... o_O Like... Really.... They captured the PSO feeling of them so well......

EDIT: And actually wait a second... In the new trailer at 0:39... Is that the HUnewm? Because I originally thought that it was a female with some new armor, but looking at it again it looks like the HUnewm concept art outfit... Yeah, now I'm almost positive. That's the HUnewm.

EDIT2: Updated the OP with the new info.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 16, 2011, 01:34 PM
Your commitment is very much appreciated, Colaya. Thank you for your continued work.

:beer:

RenzokukenZ
Sep 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
EDIT: And actually wait a second... In the new trailer at 0:39... Is that the HUnewm? Because I originally thought that it was a female with some new armor, but looking at it again it looks like the HUnewm concept art outfit... Yeah, now I'm almost positive. That's the HUnewm.

Newman males = natural traps

But the HUnewm armor does look great in-game. As well as the FOcast.

The city area looks too much like Rozenom City so its not too exciting.

NoiseHERO
Sep 16, 2011, 01:57 PM
Wow Hunewms outfit looks a bajillion times better in game, than it does in the concept art.

•Col•
Sep 16, 2011, 03:19 PM
Newman males = natural traps

Haha, I don't think he looks THAT feminine... It's just because of the long hair and low video quality. I mean, I originally thought that there was a huge section of armor missing(because the color was close to his skin color) to show off a females boobs/midriff... But after watching it again this morning, I realized that wasn't the case, which then also made me realized that the armor looked like the concept art.

Anyway, I love it.

And a side note... Anyone know if we can completely change the color of our outfits now? Or only the secondary colors still? Because that's really the last possible gripe I could have about the character creation... Not that it's a big deal to me anyway.

Kazzi
Sep 16, 2011, 03:41 PM
RAnewm/RAnewearl was shown in the very first gameplay video/pictures.

Pretty sure the only actual model we haven't seen yet is the HUnewm.... Which makes me sad, because that's one I've been looking forward to. :(

But dear god do the FOnewm/newearl look good... o_O Like... Really.... They captured the PSO feeling of them so well......

EDIT2: Updated the OP with the new info.

Yes, the one at 0:40 is the HUnewm, took me a while to tell it apart myself ;_;

kyuuketsuki
Sep 16, 2011, 03:45 PM
And a side note... Anyone know if we can completely change the color of our outfits now? Or only the secondary colors still? Because that's really the last possible gripe I could have about the character creation... Not that it's a big deal to me anyway.
In all the videos, including the new stream from TGS, I've yet to see them change anything but the secondary color on the outfits. I don't really get why they wouldn't allow total customization of the colors though...

•Col•
Sep 16, 2011, 03:57 PM
In all the videos, including the new stream from TGS, I've yet to see them change anything but the secondary color on the outfits. I don't really get why they wouldn't allow total customization of the colors though...

Yeah it seems REALLY weird to me, especially because Casts can change every single color of their bodies.... Which is only like, 2-3 colors anyway, but still. Why can't we do the same with the humans/newmans?

Canard de Bain
Sep 16, 2011, 04:43 PM
CAST Supremacy

Cayenne
Sep 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
So does this mean Forces will be a class worth playing instead of just being a HU/RA with techs?

•Col•
Sep 16, 2011, 05:19 PM
So does this mean Forces will be a class worth playing instead of just being a HU/RA with techs?

Wat.

When was that ever the case?

Cayenne
Sep 16, 2011, 05:23 PM
Never, I never heard it discussed. That's why I'm asking.

•Col•
Sep 16, 2011, 05:30 PM
Never, I never heard it discussed. That's why I'm asking.

Yeah but... Hunters/Rangers with techs have never been worth playing more than Forces... I mean yeah, Hunters/Rangers damage output/survivability may have been much higher making them WAY better than Forces... But it was never the fact that they had access to techs as well which made them better(I'm not counting Shifta/Deband here).

Cayenne
Sep 16, 2011, 05:46 PM
I see forces being mainly a support class (also can do heavy DMG) but what I'm really asking is being a full on force this time around will actually "feel" like you are helping your team out and not just being a class that can't offer more than HU/RA?

Randomness
Sep 16, 2011, 05:58 PM
Was that a boss you actually climb on top of? Because if so, well done SEGA.

MinscTFA
Sep 16, 2011, 06:14 PM

Yes, yes it was. To my knowledge you can even do that with certain non-boss enemies as well.

•Col•
Sep 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
I see forces being mainly a support class (also can do heavy DMG) but what I'm really asking is being a full on force this time around will actually "feel" like you are helping your team out and not just being a class that can't offer more than HU/RA?

I dunno what you're talking about, because I've never seen a class that's been completely useless in the Phantasy Star Online/Universe series... Well, aside from Wartecher in Vanilla PSU.... *cough* But even then they weren't TOO bad...

Anyway, my guess is that Forces will definitely be useful... Especially when they charge their buffing/healing techs. Have you seen charged resta? It's creates a regenerative AOE circle that lasts for a few seconds that continuously heals you and your teammates. And that's only when it's level 1.... I bet as the level increases, so does the range and time the area lasts.

You can jump on top of the dragon as well... <_<

RemiusTA
Sep 16, 2011, 09:34 PM
I dunno what you're talking about, because I've never seen a class that's been completely useless in the Phantasy Star Online/Universe series... Well, aside from Wartecher in Vanilla PSU.... *cough* But even then they weren't TOO bad...

GAHAHAHAH you're joking right

PSP2 forces were not only useless, you had to have been a masochist to even consider maining one past level 25.

Until the inclusion of GAS, PSU forces were shit as well.

Cayenne
Sep 16, 2011, 09:42 PM

PSP2 forces were not only useless, you had to have been a masochist to even consider maining one past level 25.

That's what I meant, I'm trying to be a force right now in PSP2 and it's not as fun compared to my hunter, more challenging, and I feel gimped. The combo spells don't really do much and I'm doing half of the damage of my same level Hunter. Not only that, my PP runs out too quick and I'm left to rely on my melee skills and items.

RemiusTA
Sep 16, 2011, 09:47 PM
It will not get better. In fact, unless you obtain Infinity, you'll be going through that forever. (But the moment I ported my JP force to PSP2 infinity, i became a demigod.) On the US version, i got my force to level 63 and quit. It's just not worth it. You'll spend more time dying and finding funny weapon combos to combat your pathetic PP and chaining methods than you ever will completing missions.

I think the fact that i mained a force on that game kind of ruined the experience for me. I beat the game at like level 64, using an Axe (with decently leveled techniques and at least an S-rank rod IIRC). I used an Axe because technics were getting me killed. I struggled with the final boss.

And then, i created a hunter, and beat the game around level 40 or something. Don't remember the number, but it was a crapshoot quicker than my Force did. It was at that point i realized PSP2 wasn't hard at all -- it just hated Forces.

And then PSP2i rolls around. Come to find out, all they did to fix the forces is what i kept preaching on the PSU boards for ST to do all along -- just speed up their god damn technique casting speed, and give them a tiny % boost on strength....seriously, and thats all they did.

Cayenne
Sep 16, 2011, 10:13 PM
I'm ditching my force then, i get pissed off from the enemies cause how annoying they are and I don't need to add another frustration to the game.

I loved playing a force in PSO, they had something different from the rest of the classes (besides higher magic) and it was fun, challenging (in a good way), and made you want to level up so you can kick more ass or support your team.

I'm not asking for SEGA (or Sonic Team) to make a real super complex class, just make it fun and worth leveling.

•Col•
Sep 16, 2011, 10:16 PM

Yes.

They were shit.

Shit serves SOME purpose.

Therefore, not completely useless.

Randomness
Sep 16, 2011, 10:54 PM
Yes.

They were shit.

PSU forces were very powerful... at a couple of points.

Like when dambarta was first released. Best class, period, for wiping small enemies, by far.

NoiseHERO
Sep 16, 2011, 11:01 PM
Yes.

They were shit.

Forces weren't helping any flowers grow.

WiZ1988
Sep 16, 2011, 11:59 PM
So have we heard everything were going to hear from TGS? Was expecting more information. I liked the new video don't get me wrong, but I want to hear about other stuff

Hrith
Sep 17, 2011, 12:13 AM
Like when dambarta was first released. Best class, period, for wiping small enemies, by far.No.

Besides, this is for what Dambarta was useful, and nothing else:

http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/dambarta1.png

RemiusTA
Sep 17, 2011, 11:50 AM
When we forces lost the ability to do even that, i quit PSU for good.

Forces were good classes Pre-AotI. After that, they gave Hunters Just Attack and nerfed all our technic range so that gi and ra spells were useless when they wern't level 21.

Cayenne
Sep 18, 2011, 03:11 AM
So, how long until we see more info, weeks, months?

•Col•
Sep 18, 2011, 03:31 AM
So, how long until we see more info, weeks, months?

Probably sometime between 3 weeks-2 months... Who knows.

Cayenne
Sep 18, 2011, 04:07 AM
Bah, then I'll be playing other games to hold me off until then, maybe BF3...

KaFKa
Sep 27, 2011, 06:46 AM
So. I just got wind of PSO2. So excited I can hear my inner child screaming for more.

Proto07
Sep 28, 2011, 01:26 PM
Can't wait to make a FOcast. I had a Cast AT in PSU.

•Col•
Sep 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
Just found a funny and sort-of-disappointing tweet made by one of the PSO2 staff members...

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2011/09/110924a.html

海外ではもうプログラムの解析が始まってるのか。やれやれ・・・

Translated:

They've already started analyzing the program overseas. So disappointing...

Sega of Japan really does hate the rest of the world. :3c

NoiseHERO
Sep 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
If I was on the PSO2 game staff I'd be disappointed in PSOW's PSO2 section as well.

But no, I really don't know what that's supposed to mean.

•Col•
Sep 28, 2011, 04:23 PM
If I was on the PSO2 game staff I'd be disappointed in PSOW's PSO2 section as well.

But no, I really don't know what that's supposed to mean.

There are people out there right now currently trying to crack the PSO2 alpha client, to do (EVILLLLLLLL) things such as view the game files, gain access the music files, and even do things like create a character creator simulator for the game.

So diabolical.

NoiseHERO
Sep 28, 2011, 04:42 PM
Ah, that IS disappointing, I'd be pissed if people did that to my game.

L2encrypt I guess.

Zorafim
Sep 28, 2011, 04:50 PM
"People are so interested in my product, they're willing to spend hours of their lives to get as much information out of it as possible. So dissapointing..."

Really? We're looked down upon by mister shecshi gahtahbelto for being excited?

RemiusTA
Sep 28, 2011, 05:10 PM
They've already started analyzing the program overseas. So disappointing...

Man, go to hell. Im surprised they'd have the audacity to even say some gay shit like that after that bullshit they pulled with PSU360. The only reason they're messing with that client is because they IGNORE us every chance they get.

Other companies that are aware of their obvious english fanbases will have localization teams that keep them informed on everything thats happening......but they haven't even announced the game over here. For all WE know, we may never even be getting it.

So they can shut that crap up. They have the worst overseas customer service of any company I know. Im surprised they even bother sometimes, TBH, when it's obvious they almost never go out of their way to release anything over here.

They're probably going to COMPLETELY halfass whatever they give us anyway.

•Col•
Sep 28, 2011, 05:11 PM
Fuck you. Im surprised they'd have the audacity to even say some gay shit like that after that bullshit they pulled with PSU360.

Wat did I do.

RemiusTA
Sep 28, 2011, 05:16 PM
Changed the quote, loloolol not you Colaya =3

F you is pretty harsh anyway. Let's change that too.

But no, seriously. That's pretty screwed up to say, especially when you KNOW we're watching and you make absolutely no attempt to include us in anything you do. It's not like they're getting ready to FSOD the servers or anything, they're only trying to gain access to the character creator. Yeah, it's hacking. So what -- the people in Japan would be doing it too if they were being kept out of the loop as well.

That sounds like such a condescending statement, like we're some kind of bad guys here.

And they probably owe Broomop tons anyway for all the holes he probably exposed during PSU. They could learn alot from him. (of course, SEGA has a terrible history about learning ANYTHING from people overseas...)

NoiseHERO
Sep 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
In my case it'd be "DON'T STEAL MY PRECIOUS HARD WORK."

Canard de Bain
Sep 28, 2011, 05:36 PM
In my case it'd be "DON'T STEAL MY PRECIOUS HARD WORK."

Steal? It is admiration.

NoiseHERO
Sep 28, 2011, 05:41 PM
Steal? It is admiration.

Not in my case ]:

It's easy to copy stuff with game maker. ];

RemiusTA
Sep 28, 2011, 05:57 PM
MMF2 all the way

Zyrusticae
Sep 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
For the record, I don't think "So disappointing..." is quite a fair translation for やれやれ・・・. A better translation would be "Oh, well..." or "My, oh my..." or even "My goodness..."

The tone is usually not derogatory, but more incredulous or perhaps flabbergasted.

Randomness
Sep 28, 2011, 06:38 PM
"People are so interested in my product, they're willing to spend hours of their lives to get as much information out of it as possible. So dissapointing..."

Really? We're looked down upon by mister shecshi gahtahbelto for being excited?

My first impression is that they're disappointed that the client was leaked somewhere, specifically at the fact that there was a leak, as opposed to people trying to break open the client to discover what's inside.

Anon_Fire
Sep 28, 2011, 06:42 PM
Did Espio translate that message already?

Macman
Sep 28, 2011, 07:20 PM
I can only see this as "Oh god they're getting ready to NOL everyone already!"

•Col•
Sep 28, 2011, 11:35 PM
Did Espio translate that message already?

Espio was the one who translated it in the first place.

Mike
Sep 28, 2011, 11:44 PM
If I was a maker of musical boxes and someone took a hammer to one of my creations to see how it worked, I'd be pretty disappointed too.

Zorafim
Sep 28, 2011, 11:47 PM
More like a screwdriver and a magnifying glass, really. After your box has been duplicated countless times.

•Col•
Sep 29, 2011, 10:21 AM
If I was a maker of musical boxes and someone took a hammer to one of my creations to see how it worked, I'd be pretty disappointed too.

That's a horrible analogy.

More like a screwdriver and a magnifying glass, really. After your box has been duplicated countless times.

^This would make it quite a bit more accurate.

yoshiblue
Sep 29, 2011, 10:36 AM
Its amazing how one word can change the meaning of a phrase.

RemiusTA
Sep 29, 2011, 11:11 AM
I actually saw that message the other day on another forum. For some reason it just makes me angry hearing it twice.

It probably makes me angry because the only acknowledgement for our side comes from a dev saying they're disappointed that we're interested.

And the notion that datamining the game somehow implies that we're going to try and cheat is just the dumbest crap ever. I hope thats not what the statement was aimed at. All they're trying to gain entry to is the Character Creator, since we wont be gaining any entry into the game probably for another year.

Canard de Bain
Sep 29, 2011, 11:19 AM
;-; The JP are bad.

BIG OLAF
Sep 29, 2011, 11:22 AM
Wow, just saw this. Something tells me they're trying to grasp at any ol' excuse they can to keep Westerners out of the PSO2 loop.

Filthy, filthy Gaijin we are.

amtalx
Sep 29, 2011, 11:36 AM
Am I the only one that thinks these reactions are a little extreme? I know that small games like PS with dedicated communities tend to have rabid fans, but the knee-jerk "Well, fuck you too!" reactions reek of a butt-hurt sense of entitlement. I'd rather have Sega focus on getting a working product for their primary audience, which isn't us, and then push it out to other territories when it's ready. The PSO2 project probably doesn't have a huge budget, so juggling juxtaposed eastern and western values for a single game release sounds like a recipe for failure.

•Col•
Sep 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
Am I the only one that thinks these reactions are a little extreme? I know that small games like PS with dedicated communities tend to have rabid fans, but the knee-jerk "Well, fuck you too!" reactions reek of a butt-hurt sense of entitlement. I'd rather have Sega focus on getting a working product for their primary audience, which isn't us, and then push it out to other territories when it's ready. The PSO2 project probably doesn't have a huge budget, so juggling juxtaposed eastern and western values for a single game release sounds like a recipe for failure.

Sega: "Man those Westerners sure are dumb people...."

*7 months later*

Sega: "Hey Westerners, buy our game! =D Oh, and don't expect us to support it for more than a year or two in your country though."

Great PRing right dere.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 29, 2011, 11:47 AM
Here's the kicker; we'll buy it anyway.

Canard de Bain
Sep 29, 2011, 12:10 PM
Here's the kicker; we'll buy it anyway.

I won't if it is separate.

amtalx
Sep 29, 2011, 12:37 PM
Sega: "Man those Westerners sure are dumb people...."

*7 months later*

Sega: "Hey Westerners, buy our game! =D Oh, and don't expect us to support it for more than a year or two in your country though."

Great PRing right dere.
I'm open to all forms of debate, but your...liberal paraphrasing makes it difficult to take that seriously. I don't get the sense that Sega is trying to belittle the western audience. They just aren't weighting our opinion very heavily, if at all for the time being. From a business perspective, it makes sense. They are listening to the group that has the largest earning potential first. I don't know why anyone would expect a Japanese developer to be beholden to western gamers' opinions. You don't see Bioware tossing lolis and androgynous heroes into their games.

redroses
Sep 29, 2011, 12:46 PM
I don't really see why people are so mad about what was written on that facebook/twitter statement. I really can't see any company giving a positive reaction to something like that.

And I think they are at least trying somehow to show the western people that they want to bring the game out here too with their english facebook posts. If they really didn't care they wouldn't even write in english, but at least they try.
I think it's normal that SEGA is a little cautious with bringing out PSO2 here, as games like that just don't sell good here. Look at Monster Hunter for example. In japan it's probably one of the best selling games there, but here it doesn't sell nearly as good, why a some version don't even make it here.
Of course there are people here that like to play those kind of games, but in comparison we are so such a small amount, that of course SEGA will first focus on the people were they know they will profit from the most.

Yes, people that play PSO/U here are very loyal costumers, but sadly, that doesn't change the fact that we are still very few.

ShinMaruku
Sep 29, 2011, 12:50 PM
Let's be honest most on now are in the minority and most of them, are the knee jerk overreacting type. Compounded by their need for another PSO(Which is comical because games have moved on from there) and the waiting and no real news of course their minds will warp their views of the game.
Japanese words are taken publicly very specifically.

The term should read more like "The outside interest in our game is surprising."
That said I am unmoved until I get to play the game for myself. These words,videos I am still unmoved. This is still Sega. And I still think their management is incompetent.

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2011, 02:05 PM
So, with all this said and done... Any character creations leaked yet?

ShinMaruku
Sep 29, 2011, 02:24 PM
If you really want info go dark till winter. Any new stuff before then will be irrelevant.

•Col•
Sep 29, 2011, 02:46 PM
I'm open to all forms of debate, but your...liberal paraphrasing makes it difficult to take that seriously. I don't get the sense that Sega is trying to belittle the western audience. They just aren't weighting our opinion very heavily, if at all for the time being. From a business perspective, it makes sense. They are listening to the group that has the largest earning potential first. I don't know why anyone would expect a Japanese developer to be beholden to western gamers' opinions. You don't see Bioware tossing lolis and androgynous heroes into their games.

Well I was mostly joking around. The support comment was just me thinking back to the later years of PSU...

But generally, if you want a target audience to buy your game, you don't lob a light insult at them a few months before the game is released. Even if it was unintentional... Like, really? There was absolutely NO reason whatsoever to specify "overseas" there.

It's like they're grouping us all together, when it's only a handful of people. On top of that, I can guarantee you that there is at least ONE Japanese person out there tinkering with the PSO2 client.

But yeah... How much sense does it make for you to say something that could potentially hurt your company's image overall(even just slightly), just to garner a few chuckles from a few fellow xenophobic Japanese people in the short run? :l

Aeran
Sep 30, 2011, 02:43 AM
Splurgh. Apparently Alpha2 has been pushed back to "early 2012", guess we're going to have to wait a bit more.

Edit: In meanwhile at least we do have a whole page of stuff to go through, whatever they are; clicky (http://pso2.jp/game/after_alpha/)

Edit2: Looks like a FAQ?

Edit3: Hm, looking closer at the "gtranslation", they refer to the "start service", so I suppose they mean the release date has been pushed back to "early 2012"? Then again..they do again mention that a2 goal is "to start in early 2012", I..I'm just gonna wait for someone good at japanese to translate it!

Blueblur
Sep 30, 2011, 06:31 AM
There's a new article up on Famitsu as well.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/30051221.html

Someone should translate it. :P

Mike
Sep 30, 2011, 07:40 AM
There's a new article up on Famitsu as well.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/30051221.html

Someone should translate it. :P

To break it down in to three points: Overall reception to the game was good, alpha test part two starts taking applications in December, no current schedule for a beta or retail.

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 01:52 PM
Voice acting in PSO2! What say you!

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2011, 01:57 PM
OBVIOUS yes. I think PSU did a pretty good job with its voice acting considering it's the first in the series to do it. If they get a good writing staff, it could go places.
Of course, the game will be player driven, leaving your character out in the dust for most cutscenes. I suppose they could do it Bioware style and have your dialogue be choices when you're being talked to, but that gets rid of the cutscene thing. So, obviously, cutscenes with voice acting should happen in important story points which don't include your character.

There. Are we back on subject yet?

Canard de Bain
Oct 3, 2011, 03:50 PM
Voice acting in PSO2! What say you!

hell no. waste of money

Zarode
Oct 4, 2011, 12:14 AM
OBVIOUS yes. I think PSU did a pretty good job with its voice acting considering it's the first in the series to do it. If they get a good writing staff, it could go places.
Of course, the game will be player driven, leaving your character out in the dust for most cutscenes. I suppose they could do it Bioware style and have your dialogue be choices when you're being talked to, but that gets rid of the cutscene thing. So, obviously, cutscenes with voice acting should happen in important story points which don't include your character.

There. Are we back on subject yet?

I've never seen a Japanese game with a good story when it goes further than two paragraphs. Just sayin'.

Zaix
Oct 4, 2011, 12:55 AM
Massive post deletion!

On topic: I agree the repetitive attack voices were rather bad in psu, but i prefer it over just grunts...Can I actually get good repetitive attack voices?

Zorafim
Oct 4, 2011, 03:35 PM
Yup, mods are active on these forums. I'm noticing my posts dissapearing left and right if I'm not careful. And considering how little info we have to go on, off topic posts are a huge chunk of the posts on this forum, meaning the mods are really putting their time in.

RemiusTA
Oct 4, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mods are active? Then how the hell did that boob topic stay up so long? : /

Zorafim
Oct 4, 2011, 09:55 PM
Because they saw how great it was. Besides, they closed it once it got back on topic.

Zarode
Oct 4, 2011, 10:14 PM
Mods are active? Then how the hell did that boob topic stay up so long? : /

Because I didn't report it until the comedy was juiced out. :P

Zorafim
Oct 12, 2011, 01:10 PM
So it's your fault? Why would you deprive this forum of such joy?

Ruthenicshaady
Oct 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
Would it be hard making one big 3rd party server that PSN, XBL, and PC players can go on? I know FF12 had xbox and pc players, plus it is Sega we're talking about.

Mike
Oct 12, 2011, 10:10 PM
Would it be hard making one big 3rd party server that PSN, XBL, and PC players can go on? I know FF12 had xbox and pc players, plus it is Sega we're talking about.

PSO2 is currently PC only so there is no need for any servers besides the PC one.

Puppet_Papaya
Oct 13, 2011, 06:50 PM

Also, it was FF11 that was PC/PS2/XBox360. FF12 wasn't online. Just sayin'.

Anon_Fire
Oct 16, 2011, 12:36 PM
Also, it was FF11 that was PC/PS2/XBox360. FF12 wasn't online. Just sayin'.

Now they're looking into bringing FF11 to PS3/Vita

Valkyrie Lovrina
Oct 16, 2011, 10:17 PM
Now they're looking into bringing FF11 to PS3/Vitayou mean FFX right? super excited about that.
Can't wait to see Rikku in HD :wacko:

Xenobia
Oct 28, 2011, 07:47 AM
So i take it that it is still a very long time till even the beta is out and about retail thats totaly invisible yet. Since they didnt even develop the mags yet. Oh well, keep stunned ehrr tuned i mean.

I do not wish to have separated servers anymore because it kinda turned out like that we had uneven support and i happily would want to end this. Cant have EU/US server going down, not having same support nor same updates such as JP version. SEGA is a japanese company who lacks sufficient reach outside Nippon, thats something which seems a constant case. And then instead of bringing the main version further they kinda started focusing on a new portable version and finally in the long term its not adorable unless people are super hardcore and happily accept any kind of weakness, combined with a general lack of support (but then it still cost you bucks...). Finally half of the people never was able to participate or ended paying for it, since they feelt its not anymore worth it. On Xbox 360 half of the people was already locked out by not having a credit card, especially the younger people. However, i know it very good that the age means very less on how "mature" someone is. Sadly.. i know for example a very young boy i would consider more mature than many very old bastards. ;) (sorry...)

I hope PSO2 is a improvement toward that situation and more focus on the main version, aswell trying to make a combined server which will STAY ONLINE for eternal, and maybe only 7 bucks a month for the whole world (7 seems to be a very successful number), i think that would be very successful. And stop making different prices for different nations, its only upseting people to be treated according to theyr "apparently" possible level of payment-force. Which is just never the case because its worth exactly as much as someone willing to pay for, and many people wasnt willing anymore to be treated unequal and then not even getting the same support, thats a mess which hopefully will be avoided.

For me its almost clear i get JP version at launch, any other version isnt secure. But SEGA should really make a international version and stop separatism, i think its not good for PSO.

Personally. i would maybe even make a different economical shape. I would simply bring out a small game update every year and people will have to buy it (maybe 50 $ each update = like 4-5 $ a month ) , else they wont anymore be able to play online. However, the regular server fee will be completly eliminated, so people simply pay for updates. We will have several times more people and it may in the end result into more success and even sufficient fee. The PSO servers are shaped in a way that they can basically add endless clusters, it would mean its even possible to bring 20 000 people together, even if a single server only would be able to handle 2000. That way PSO will aswell develop itself further and further and be even more joy. However, to make that possible it will need a sufficient amount of users. And ofc the game update have to be downloaded through the account, and can only be activated by downloading it, that way its impossible to have piracy. So people could have a pirated version but it would not be accepted because there was no download entry for the server. So, people can freely crack and move the game around and own many copys of it, it doesnt matter because the account is responsible for making it work, not the game itself. As soon as a update gets older it will be cut in price (but still needed) and every year it will lose 75% value, so it will never be to expensive to get started. Anyway, just saying there is many possible solutions but the current solution is rather outdated and in many terms insufficient.

Besides the Vid is running very unstable for me http://pso2.jp/teaser/swf/movie.swf dunno why, maybe my connection is to slow but the data rate doesnt truly seem any high, its not even 720P quality. Surely the characters seems very sweet designed, which was usualy a strong spot of PSO. But the level design rather looks a bit aged, there is so much more possible with the current state of the art techniques regarding level design. Anyway, PSO isnt all about level design its about atmosphere and how to drag people into it. Aswell gameplay and interface, so many stuff will have a much higher role than the level design itself. Finally it may be dynamic shape and thats surely lot of joy, so its not in need of state of the art graphics for that given matter.

•Col•
Oct 28, 2011, 01:41 PM
I doubt it'll cost only $7 a month. Even PSOBB was higher than that.

My guess is $12-13 per month. $50-60 for a half-year subscription.

Xenobia
Oct 29, 2011, 08:23 AM
This is my wish, not the case of reality. And i tell you, for most people out there, as long as the support and new content doesnt exceed the current condition, paying that much for PSU (and maybe even PSO2) is not any sufficient in the long term and never will. Maybe in Japan it works but not outside. OK XBL seemed pretty sufficient because of its multi national shape and XBL is a good marketing machine, however, for my taste its still to less people around. Usualy the big player pool is at weekend but outside that timeline there is very few around and you end up picking the few friends you may have gotten. Besides, half year subscriptions wasnt possible on XBL (at least not for swiss, maybe US got special rights).

I even had my account automatically charged every single month, and i really hate stuff like that, i should be the one having control about every single charge and how much time i do want to buy in ADVANCE. The way how the stuff was handled is a big mess, nothing else. But there was no other option available for XBL and for my country. I was even unable to cancel my subscription unless i had to make a huge phone call and then i had to answer many stuff they asked. I tell you, that was seriously bothering... it cant work like that its upseting many people. They dare to lock down my credit card data and then its very hard to get it out. But to be fair, that is a MS faliure not SEGA, however, SEGA is just losing control about and i guess they feel bad and start to dislike consoles.

iIt simply doesnt work like that and i hope there are some changes. My view is, either they make a F2P concept, or they make lower monthly fee but more of new content (which ofc will cost cash). But ultimately everyone need to get the same support and everyone should be treated equal on any terms. PSO currently is living by the contributions of freaks.. its not anymore reaching the big majority.

If they need a lesson on how monthly fee payment stuff works.. go check EVE online (http://www.eveonline.com/) (you dont even need a credit card there, you could use a paysafecard (http://www.paysafecard.com/) or what else). Or they make a F2P concept, we have a separated topic for. to discuss that stuff. I for sure wont anymore support bad payment concepts, i have had enough of my past XBL experience. As much as i loved PSU but no one can destroy my ideals and clear views.

If they say they cant do it because of to less users, then i clearly would answer, thats not our concern, thats yours, because the users would be several times higher using a more user friendly concept

Dinosaur
Oct 31, 2011, 06:52 PM
I just realized that you can control jump height. I saw some players do so really short hops compared to normal. Whether jumping has various set heights or is exactly determined by how long you hold the jump button is beyond me.

RemiusTA
Oct 31, 2011, 09:29 PM
yeah the jumps are variable.

inb4 1-pixel-off-the-ground-air-combo gimmicks

AzureBlaze
Nov 1, 2011, 03:54 AM
November wallpaper arrives in a letter that touts the PSO2 Twitter, Mixi, Blog, & Facebook.

http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper/pso2_mmcal201111_1920x1080.jpg

is the wallpaper. I consider this one of their best ones. The 'water' in the pool is very well done and the scene sort of 'invites' you in. Not cluttery.

Pushing it into google translate didn't seem to reveal much news wise...it just seemed like an announcement or the theme of stepping it up a bit. The Mixi http://page.mixi.jp/public/recent_page_feed.pl?page_id=148512

appears to compile twitter tweets for ease of use? Certainly though, the tweets need more than google's help to figure them out.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 10:43 AM
So when are they going to sci-fi explain the concept of making what is just a portal, into a swimming pool?

Sure if it was a pool fill with nanobots and stem cells or something and it healed you when you jumped in.

Or if the pool froze you into a cryogenic human popsicle so that you don't age when you travel to planets or something.

But a portal swimming pool... What sci-fi book was that one stolen from...hmm...

RemiusTA
Nov 1, 2011, 12:59 PM
probably just because it looks cool and allows them to do something noone else has done

????

Macman
Nov 1, 2011, 01:40 PM
You got Blitzball in my PSO.

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2011, 01:41 PM
Because of rule of cool. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool)

RemiusTA
Nov 1, 2011, 01:45 PM
You got Blitzball in my PSO.

2011, games aren't cool enough to include shit like that

You bastards are complaining about PVP for gods sake. God forbid they actually include a minigame and TAKE PRODUCTION TIME AWAY FROM CONTENT (????) or BREAK THE ECONOMY (???????) or something.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 02:27 PM
*sigh* I really don't care if they are copying Stargate, it still looks cool IMO. p://www.freewebs.com/fantasy-tf/stargate-sg1-06[1].jpg

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 03:00 PM
What are ya'll sighin' at? D<

It doesn't even look that cool!

Was just questioning the concept either way, and pretty much every sci-fi concept is stolen from something else.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 03:16 PM
is there anything that you don't automatically criticise and complain about?

Serephim
Nov 1, 2011, 03:51 PM
>criticise

sorry couldn't help it. And i thought the water jump was cool.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 04:07 PM
eh? My rhetorical question was rhetorical.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 04:13 PM
is there anything that you don't automatically criticise and complain about?

You're just saying that because it's something you like, other people here nitpick at a lot more pointless things than I do. :\

A zombie panda vomiting rainbow flesh looks cool.

Going through a lit up elevator to enter your giant robot tiger looks cool.

Running into your first zelda 64 boss looks cool.

Jumping into a swimming pool that just so happens to be a portal, just looks like jumping into a swimming pool.

I don't hate it, I was just questioning why it was what it was, with the usually correct assumption that it was stolen from something. Which you gave some kind of broken link'd example. If I sounded like a dick, I don't really care.

GAWD! D<

Dinosaur
Nov 1, 2011, 04:13 PM
and pretty much every sci-fi concept is stolen from something else.

Use Gunslash. Change attack to shoulder button. Acquire Just Frames.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMQIogIINo
PSO2 portal looks like a variation on the Stargate....

plus.. I don't know of any swimming pools that look like this (with sharp crystal/glass like shards splashing out) when one jumps into it.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4305/pso2portal1.jpg

Macman
Nov 1, 2011, 04:41 PM
That's just flashy trailer effects. There was no such thing in the alpha.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 04:45 PM
So what.
I still don't understand the point of complaining about or questioning the "reality" or visual "coolness" of a fantasy sci-fi game's every little superfluous detail.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 04:49 PM
That's just flashy trailer effects. There was no such thing in the alpha.

This,

Until it get's changed in the actual game, doesn't really look special, but as I've said, I don't care either way. Otherwise how cool I thought it looked was only really relevant towards a bunch of people readying their argument cannons to argue how cool it looked to them. WHICH I'M NOT HAVIN', SO SHUDDUP!

And I see less of a point in you questioning someones questioning. I can't be curious about a concept? Quiet yo moody face. D<

As for stargate in general I really only liked the movie because it had those badass Egyptian aliens but that's the only part I remember.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 04:51 PM
so every superfluous detail has to be unique and special? oh...kay. Whatever. lol

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 04:53 PM
so every superfluous detail has to be unique and special? oh...kay. Whatever. lol

Of course not, for the 5th time, I just wanted to know where it came from. :0

DON'T MAKE ME KICK YOU IN YOUR COMBOVER PUBIC HAIR'D BALLS!

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 04:54 PM
For the third time. It came from Stargate. The other comment is uncalled for.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah you answered it!! D<

So why are you complaining about something else I'm not doing?! augh!!

Shuddup about it already IDIOT!! GEEZ!! AUGH!!!

/napoleon dynamite voice

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 05:03 PM
I may have missed it, but have you ever said anything positive about PSO2 without finding some minor thing to nitpick about or pre-judge?

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 06:12 PM
I may have missed it, but have you ever said anything positive about PSO2 without finding some minor thing to nitpick about or pre-judge?

I usually only do it when they show us something new and it's like we were shown the most awesome car ever, then once you look inside the car the whole thing is pink and the stick shift was replaced with a dildo.

You make sound like whenever I have an issue with something in this game it's constantly and always made a big deal. But the last thing I remember having a big issue with is the default outfits in this game. Which concluded with me actually only being able to bear wearing one of em, which is kind of a big deal.

This was only like half a month ago or something. Otherwise I don't make things I don't like to be a bigger deal than it actually is (IE if it's small then I don't make a BIG deal out of it.) And if I DO say something positive I only have to say it a few times. Otherwise I'm sure you're remembering a lot more of my own posts than I am, which would be sad because 90% of that won't exactly be useful information.

There, I gave one of your silly rhetorical questions a serious reply, contrary to my previous posts I have a lot of patience, I'm also extra bored tonight. But I'm also kind of in a bad mood and I WILL just start trolling if you want to build a pointless argument after I answered your irrelevant question thingie. So if you're going to nitpick at ME, prepare to severely regret it until posts start getting deleted. :0

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 06:31 PM
wow.

moving on....

Hopefully "Bonko san" will release some more unseen concept art. I'd love to see some of the concepts for the new mag evolutions, and some weapons concept art.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 06:51 PM
I hope they don't make it so that too many of the endgame mags look like wings.

I hate wings.

Make more jetpacks.

Macman
Nov 1, 2011, 08:09 PM
Make more jetpacks.Oh man Apsaras was awesome, it was like a moth jetpack thing. Too bad it was useless since it required low DEX.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 08:28 PM
I hope a lot of the final Mags are wings. more and more wings. Angel wings, Demon Wings, Bat Wings, floating wing-fins, opa opa, burger mag, Chao mag, and gundam wings

Dinosaur
Nov 1, 2011, 08:35 PM
I won't be surprised if we see some gundam-esqe stuff, like the Raiser system as a MAG.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101101122005/gundam/images/8/82/02a1.jpg

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2011, 08:36 PM
I bet they'll all be awesome jetpack turd thingies for maximum swagger.

You can't beat me shadow I'm drinkin' absinthe now.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2011, 11:03 PM
No there will be Beer bottle mags with jetpacks strapped to the bottles and giant bunny rabbit mags, and more wing mags like chicken wings, turkey wings, and bbq wings.

kyuuketsuki
Nov 2, 2011, 02:00 AM
As for stargate in general I really only liked the movie because it had those badass Egyptian aliens but that's the only part I remember.
Ditto. Movie was awesome, never was crazy about the TV shows.

As for the teleportation pool... it's just a slightly more novel way of teleporting into your mission than standing on a teleporter pad and clicking "teleport". I think they should have a little animation resembling the cystal thingies from the trailer or at least some water ripples (but slower and, uh, "thicker" like the way the Stargate portal is) when you jump in, rather than just jumping in and... nothing. Boom load screen. But eh, it's a small thing.

Totally is pretty much a Stargate laid horizontally.

RemiusTA
Nov 2, 2011, 01:36 PM
I won't be surprised if we see some gundam-esqe stuff, like the Raiser system as a MAG.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101101122005/gundam/images/8/82/02a1.jpg

already confirmed

it's japan, they confirmed it when they thought of the game

•Col•
Nov 2, 2011, 02:51 PM
[German accent]

It's not a Stargate! It's a FARgate.

We are not getting sued again.

yoshiblue
Nov 2, 2011, 03:42 PM
Xtar Gate anyone?

AzureBlaze
Nov 3, 2011, 03:36 PM
It's great that this time the blog brings tiny plot info!

Some of it is stuff we already knew:
The Arks are here to explore all of space, the game can go to literally 'any planet' they choose to make up a setting for, and there are a variety of ships like a mothership, ark ship & camp ship of this fleet (which you could see in the trailers) The game will take you to lots of different planets (here's to hoping for multiple areas on each planet too--kind of makes no sense to explore like a 10km area of an entire planet but...it could depend on what's being explored FOR.)

But then the Darkers deal...
They're bad to everyone and appears anywhere despite it seeming like the same species showing up on so many different planets getting hostile. (which to me sounds like some sort of Falz-ish thing attempting to conquer the galaxy somehow...it's probably the "Why are darkers the same everywhere, always bad, and how did they get to ALL these planets" is the big mystery everyone will be solving for the game--which is pretty cool.

Planet Naberius can get hurricanes on it.

Implied different types of rappies to be possible.

The rappy is even cuter this time. It's actually probably TOO cute, you wouldn't want to hit it. This page here has the rappy art they released, plus stats (70 KM long ship, 1 million guys!) all nice & translated.

http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

I'm rather liking this weekly wed/thurs image & info update thing we've been getting. Helps out the hypetrain, gives something to look foreward to. Plus, this week seemed more generous with the info & photos.

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2011, 03:52 PM
All of space? I like. Gives the game kind of a Star Trek feel. It also means the level designers aren't stuck with the same area archetypes, like they were in PSU.

NoiseHERO
Nov 3, 2011, 04:15 PM
We have to kill those cuter version of PSZ's rappies??? D:

Macman
Nov 3, 2011, 06:50 PM
We have to kill those cuter version of PSZ's rappies??? D:You don't kill them. Rappies always run away.

NoiseHERO
Nov 3, 2011, 11:18 PM
It'll still look almost as terrible as clubbing baby penguins, ACTUALLY IT'S THE SAME EXACT THING, JUST A CUTER SPECIES, and they "run away."

At least until one of the lil'shits spin tackle me or something then eat 3/4ths of my health, then I'll be all "LEMME AT EM!!" Then shiny rares drop and suddenly these things turn into meseta signs and my sworn turns into grabby hands, or I'll probably be punching them into bloody pulpy meseta signs either way.

Cayenne
Nov 5, 2011, 03:15 PM
Colaya, update the thread so you include the quote from Sakai saying PSO2 is not a sequel but a new game.

People need to know this.

RemiusTA
Nov 5, 2011, 07:21 PM
Thats going to do just as much to stop people from saying what you dont want to as the very first trailer of the game saying Windows PC only.

Yeah, PSO2 is a sequel. It doesn't really matter what they say -- 1) it has a 2 on the end of PSO, and 2) they're taking heavy cues from the original game's success to drive this one.

Stating that it wont be an improved PORT of PSO's battle systems is an obvious given though.

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 07:37 PM
Thats going to do just as much to stop people from saying what you dont want to as the very first trailer of the game saying Windows PC only.

Yeah, PSO2 is a sequel. It doesn't really matter what they say -- 1) it has a 2 on the end of PSO, and 2) they're taking heavy cues from the original game's success to drive this one.

Stating that it wont be an improved PORT of PSO's battle systems is an obvious given though.

But the small difference prevents the thought:

"It has to be like this and it would be stupid if it wasn't because this is the sequel to PSO2" argument that people keep using because this is "THE TRUE SEQUEL TO PSO. AND NOT SOME NEW GAME THAT'LL SUCK AUTOMATICALLY BECAUSE IT'S NOT PSO, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT PSU DID!"

Of course as you say it won't do any different than the PC only confirmation.

•Col•
Nov 5, 2011, 08:12 PM
Colaya, update the thread so you include the quote from Sakai saying PSO2 is not a sequel but a new game.

People need to know this.

Remius pretty much summed up how I feel about that statement already.

Cayenne
Nov 6, 2011, 01:40 PM
Good point Remius

MichaelPatrick
Nov 8, 2011, 03:56 PM
Umm.. Is this game even announced for America, as in English version?

RemiusTA
Nov 8, 2011, 03:58 PM
They keep going out of their way to make sure we can understand them at times. I honestly wouldn't worry.

Since it's PC only, they can do what they did with Sonic Generations and stick it on Steam. That solves a huge distribution problem. Then just a little bit of well-placed internet advertising and they'll probably do better than they did with PSU.

Allowing a demo would prove to be very helpful as well.

•Col•
Nov 8, 2011, 04:00 PM
Umm.. Is this game even announced for America, as in English version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

But it's extremely likely that it will make it's way to the US some time in the future. Plus there is a language select in the game... Which means Engrish will probably be an option in the final version.

Even if there's not, tons of people here on PSOWorld will import it regardless.

MichaelPatrick
Nov 8, 2011, 05:04 PM
Ahaha. I will have to get this game if it has an English option, unless they announce a U.S. version before February. I doubt importing is hard. The only problem would be logging into a Japanese server from over here.

Even if they do announce a U.S. version, and if there is an English option for the Japanese title, there could really only be one reason for me to wait on release here instead of getting the import. That would be not having the ability to use the characters I create on the Japanese servers in the U.S. servers when that version finally comes out. Considering that the American servers would have a faster connection speed for me, a person living America. At that point, I would want to start playing on the American servers.

They probably wouldn't want people to already have characters at high levels when the game hits. So that would mean there would not be a character transfer allowed for Japanese to U.S.. Who knows what they would actually do there? ahahaha