PDA

View Full Version : Controller Support?

MUDGRIP
Apr 29, 2011, 08:05 AM
Any chance this game will support a controller to play?

Malachite
Apr 29, 2011, 08:10 AM
Pretty much every game since the year 2000 supports controllers. There are exceptions, but this being 2011, I'm certain it will support controllers. I mean, even Blue Burst does lol.

If not, we can always use Xpadder just as well.

Xefi
Apr 29, 2011, 11:29 AM
*played PSO blue burst on controller. played PSU on controller.*

i'm very sure PSO2 will have controller support for the PC as well.
there will be a lot of complaints if PSO2 has no controller support. :pizza:

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 11:36 AM
I think there is controller support, since in the video the HUnewearl blatantly does 'twitches' that seem like the player is using an analog controller.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 12:39 PM
controller support is mandatory for PS

Hrith
Apr 29, 2011, 12:43 PM
over 90% of the PC PSO/PSU players used controllers, lol.

Kaziel
Apr 29, 2011, 03:02 PM
There will be controller support, one of the survey questions on the Alpha test quiz (regarding your machine's specs) were asking what kind of gamepad you had, how much you used it, etc.

moorebounce
Apr 30, 2011, 12:21 AM
Any chance this game will support a controller to play?

If you look at the at the bottom of the video it's the same setup as in PSOPC and PSOBB with a graphical upgrade. The number and controller buttons are together now. 1-5 on the left and 6-0 on the right with the controller buttons in the middle.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 01:26 AM
We're getting off topic.

I haven't played PSU asides from Offline, but apparently there was controller support that I never knew about, so we're safe to say there WILL be controller support - but what kind of controller?

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:30 AM
SO YOU CONCEDE!!!

any HID compliant control pad will work for sure.

PS3 pads with motioninjoy will work for sure

360 pads with proper drivers will work for sure

anything that doesn't fit that list use joy2key or something similar, and it will work. if you don't have enough buttons you just map the rest to the kb.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 01:32 AM
I figured your post was intended to be semi-humorous, so I let it slide. If not, well, you're just egotistical. I hope not.

I only have a 360 controller...hope that works.

-Wayu

DarK-SuN
Apr 30, 2011, 01:33 AM
Pretty sure the hotkey bar buttons will be assigned only to the keyboard anyway, much like they were keyboard only in PSOBB.
You should be fine with a 360 controller, Wayu.

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:34 AM
I figured your post was intended to be semi-humorous, so I let it slide. If not, well, you're just egotistical. I hope not.

-Wayu

Why can't both be true?

Pretty sure the hotkey bar buttons will be assigned only to the keyboard anyway, much like they were keyboard only in PSOBB.
You should be fine with a 360 controller, Wayu.

pretty much

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 01:37 AM
Goodie.

And if you want to flaunt your ego go do make a topic in the FKL called "I am cool" or something.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:40 AM
Because every has an ego, no one who's "egotistical" would openly admit it; that's part of what makes them egotistical, and why would I make a post like that when it would never be read in FKL where it would never be read?

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 01:42 AM
That's exactly my point.

Back on track. A Wii remote wouldn't work, would it? ^^;

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:46 AM
That's exactly my point.

but that's not funny!

Back on track. A Wii remote wouldn't work, would it? ^^;

-Wayu

...no...in so many ways no.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 02:19 AM
Neither is your ego.

It would be interesting watching someone with either the Kinect or the Wiimote trying to play PSO2.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 02:21 AM
My ego is hilarious

...we could do this all night

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 03:15 AM
Yeah, so stop and take it to the proper topic area if you really, REALLY feel the need to convince us that you are cool.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 03:18 AM
or you could stop responding. Just so we're clear: I was teasing you, y'know.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 09:27 AM
It was cleared up some time ago when you were away. So back on track.

-Wayu

moorebounce
Apr 30, 2011, 11:35 PM

-Wayu

It's worked for everything so far. Thats all I use.

moorebounce
May 2, 2011, 02:58 AM
We're getting off topic.

I haven't played PSU asides from Offline, but apparently there was controller support that I never knew about, so we're safe to say there WILL be controller support - but what kind of controller?

-Wayu

Actually PSU's controller setup is way easier than PSO's. PSU you could choose from presets. PSO you had to manually assign your controller buttons.

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 03:40 AM
*remembers playing PSO on DC*
*remembers playing PSO on GC*
*remembers when I first downloaded PSOBB and had to use Keyboard until my Controller came in the mail*

there better be controller support

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 03:43 AM
even if there weren't there are programs to fix that kind of thing.

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 03:47 AM
This is true, but there's more than likely going to be controller support. Phantasy Star isn't MMO-ish enough to be keyboard only. It's very action-based and a controller just feels right