PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Need help as I think I'm screwed

Maronji
Apr 29, 2011, 09:55 AM
Here's the story.

April 27, decided to buckle down and get me a subscription in an attempt to catch the last PSO2 alpha code lottery/giveaway/whathaveyou. I also have a PSN account, so knowing what had been going on this last week with that, this probably wasn't the best idea, but more on that in a sec. Anyway, got the card info changed from my brother's to mine (he got me my first subscription a while back since I didn't have a job at the time), started the sub, and went on my way.

Fast forward to yesterday. I hadn't checked my e-mail much in the last few days, so the news that, under abundance of caution, Sony had said that credit card info and such may have been obtained had just barely reached me through one of the places I regularly go to for news. Now, I'm not one for the paranoia camp in this situation (my debit card was what I used on my PSN account, and, funny story, I don't have a huge amount of money in my bank account to steal in the first place), but I figured it was my responsibility to let the bank know that this had happened and that my debit card info could have been acquired. So I told them about it and they had me do some stuff for the standard lost/stolen card report thing. This is where the problem comes in.

The card will be long since useless by the time the subscription renewal period rolls around (curse that grace period where you can't cancel the subscription). Since I bought it with the debit card that will likely become the victim of the shredding machine in about a week, I'm guessing that their system won't care if I change the card info tied to my JP account to the replacement debit card. If that becomes the case, and the subscription renewal period rolls around, I'm afraid that the account I bought it for will get nuked since it won't be able to receive the payment for the one mandatory renewal. I don't know enough Japanese to contact their support team about the matter (if I did, I wouldn't be posting this), and I don't know anyone who knows Japanese well enough to do it for me (again, same deal).

Is there anything I can do, am I misunderstanding something, or did I genuinely screw myself over?

str898mustang
Apr 29, 2011, 11:45 AM
not quite sure what ur saying....u reported ur card to the bank which they may get you a new card and you have the old card tied to the JP account?

if anything, u can just go into your account and change the card information.

most likely case, they'll try to charge ur card, it'll get rejected and they'll put u on free course.

Maronji
Apr 29, 2011, 07:25 PM
not quite sure what ur saying....u reported ur card to the bank which they may get you a new card and you have the old card tied to the JP account?

Long story short, that sounds about right. From what they told me, the new card and PIN (yes, they have to issue me a new PIN because of this) should come in about 7-10 business days. For wanting to play the "not paranoid but want to go the right way" route, I've sure inconvenienced myself, that's for certain. That's considering that there's no guarantee that my card info was actually stolen in the PSN breach. FML.

Meanwhile, the card that is tied to it is already shredder-fodder if I correctly what they told me (aka that the old card will be deactivated immediately, IIRC).

most likely case, they'll try to charge ur card, it'll get rejected and they'll put u on free course.

Ah, I see. Maybe I was mixing up consequences for things and scaring myself unnecessarily again. Thanks for the input!

GeordieP
May 6, 2011, 03:40 AM
Dont you get a month to sort this kind of thing out anyway? I doubt they just dump you on community course first chance they get... Even if they did just change your billing info.

My guess is they have already forseen this type of thing happening....