PDA

View Full Version : If you could kill one household appliance..

GCoffee
May 1, 2011, 01:10 PM
..which would it be? I am sure there is one for each of us, despising it so much for making one go mad whenever it's time to use it.

For me that would be our vacuum cleaner. That thing will ALWAYS fall over, not lengthen it's cable but drop out the socket instead, lose its tube extension etc. etc. etc.
And the cable - circling around it every damn time. Oh my gosh.

Zarode
May 1, 2011, 01:11 PM
Ugh. And the noise from vacuum cleaners hurt my sensitive ears. I do believe that all vacuum cleaners deserve nothing less then the heap.

Shattered_weasel
May 1, 2011, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't kill any. All I can think about is Brave Little Toaster.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 1, 2011, 06:48 PM
My microwave. So insanely noisy.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 07:20 PM
I'd take the washing machine out to a field and beat it office space style.

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2011, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't kill any. All I can think about is Brave Little Toaster.
I was gonna post, then I read this. I'm afraid I can't participate in this topic. ;_;

Randomness
May 1, 2011, 08:38 PM
I was gonna post, then I read this. I'm afraid I can't participate in this topic. ;_;

I'm not really sure what that was, so I can.

Death to the washer/dryer on this floor. Damn thing takes two dry cycles to actually get things dry, and even then I tend to find one or two things still damp.

McLaughlin
May 1, 2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/brave-little-toaster45.jpg

Wayu
May 1, 2011, 09:40 PM
The mosquito light that never seems to do its job.

-Wayu

AlexCraig
May 1, 2011, 11:51 PM
My computer. Damn thing needs to work when I want it to, not when it chooses to.

Monochrome
May 2, 2011, 02:00 AM
Am I the only one that actually has killed several household appliances??

A TV that lost vertical hold (long, long time ago)
Stereo whose 3-Disc changer wouldn't change
Stereo whose CD tray wouldn't close
Stereo whose CD player kept skipping
Playstation that kept freezing up

Taking a blunt object to malfunctioning home electronics is one of life's small pleasures..

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2011, 02:12 AM
I'm not really sure what that was, so I can.

You really had a soul less childhood.

washuguy
May 2, 2011, 06:01 PM
Microwave...

Reikoku na kuma
May 2, 2011, 06:25 PM
Am I the only one that actually has killed several household appliances??

A TV that lost vertical hold (long, long time ago)
Stereo whose 3-Disc changer wouldn't change
Stereo whose CD tray wouldn't close
Stereo whose CD player kept skipping
Playstation that kept freezing up

Taking a blunt object to malfunctioning home electronics is one of life's small pleasures..

Amen...-points to 2 broke xbox 360's that faced my hammer.....OF DA GOD'S...well not really of the God's lol-

Split
May 2, 2011, 06:29 PM
I'd break open our dorm's washers and dryers and take back all my quarters they've eaten...

Seth Astra
May 2, 2011, 11:17 PM
My dishwasher. If you want to have a conversation while it's on, and you're not right next to the guy, you gotta shout.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
May 3, 2011, 08:27 AM
Hmm not so much appliances really. Well console controllers as a kid used to get smashed against walls. I used to hit my PC when it froze but it used to just un plug something on the motherboard which just became hassle. Scratched CD's will get thrown like a discus full force at a wall. Then I went through a stage of putting holes through doors with my fist. And now I just smoke so I'm a lot more docile :P

Tifa

Anduril
May 3, 2011, 03:25 PM
Hmmmmm... probably my refrigerator. Damn thing makes wierd noises that no one can ever figure out and sometimes freezes the vegetables even when it is on it's highest temperature.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 03:09 PM
Hmmmmm... probably my refrigerator. Damn thing makes wierd noises that no one can ever figure out and sometimes freezes the vegetables even when it is on it's highest temperature.
Are you sure it's a fridge?

My dishwasher. If you want to have a conversation while it's on, and you're not right next to the guy, you gotta shout.

Doctor Who season 6 has already started you can change your signature now.

Canard de Bain
May 4, 2011, 03:11 PM
Microwave oven. Removes much nutrition value from food.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 04:01 PM
I would say dishwasher, because I hate doing dishes, but then I'd have to do them by hand.

Nitro Vordex
May 4, 2011, 04:09 PM
Doing them by hand ain't so bad. We have a dishwasher but we never use it since it's broken.

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 04:11 PM
From the main forum index, I thought this thread's name was "If you could kill one person..", haha. In actuality, it's not as interesting. :roll:

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 04:23 PM
Doing them by hand ain't so bad. We have a dishwasher but we never use it since it's broken.
OK here's what you do dig a really big hole then buy some tires and some really old unstable dynamite. Put the dishwasher in the hole put the dynamite in it as you lower it down and then dump all the tires in the hole on top of it. Light the dynamite run and watch from a safe distance with a video camera and then send me the video footage.

From the main forum index, I thought this thread's name was "If you could kill one person..", haha. In actuality, it's not as interesting. :roll:

nope it's more interesting.

Vanzazikon
May 4, 2011, 04:32 PM
My microwave, because it doesn't do it's job well. :<

GCoffee
May 4, 2011, 04:51 PM

If I could turn my vacuum cleaner into a person, then I knew my pick already....

Nitro Vordex
May 4, 2011, 05:41 PM
OK here's what you do dig a really big hole then buy some tires and some really old unstable dynamite. Put the dishwasher in the hole put the dynamite in it as you lower it down and then dump all the tires in the hole on top of it. Light the dynamite run and watch from a safe distance with a video camera and then send me the video footage.

But then I'd have a hole where the dishwasher is/was. It'd look stupid.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 06:19 PM
That's why you get a new one or board it up.

Anduril
May 5, 2011, 02:50 PM
We replaced our old busted up dishwasher with a small wine fridge. It fit perfectly and now we don't clutter the regular fridge with bottles of anything.

playstar78
Jun 15, 2011, 03:21 PM
Definitely the dish washer. It broke down so many times, the money I already spent on repairing it by now probably sums up to a short vacation or one of the Hublot watches (http://www.chrono24.com/en/hublot/index.htm) I got my wife for her birthdays... I hate that stupid machine!

Sord
Jun 15, 2011, 09:24 PM
Water heater. Damn pilot light keeps going out, leak somewhere in there, water gets down to the flame, puts it out. Have to dry it off and relight all the time for hot water.

Leviathan
Jun 15, 2011, 11:12 PM
Death to the microwave.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 16, 2011, 02:04 AM
Washing machine.

& its gunky buildup Liquid "Fabric Softener Dispenser"

:argh:

Rogue Doll
Jun 23, 2011, 03:36 PM
Washing machine.

& its gunky buildup Liquid "Fabric Softener Dispenser"

:argh:

For this reason and because its noisy, plus its getting old so it might be time to put it out of its misery, a mercy kill perhaps even.