PDA

View Full Version : If you could have only one weapon return from PSO...

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:46 AM
What would it be? Me personally would love to see the return of the Flowen sword, it is in PSP2, so I hope it comes around again.

Its not the best weapon, but it looks awesome. :D

So what is one weapon you wish could return from the PSO ep1 and 2, or BB? (maybe PSOep3?)

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:51 AM
The Tsumikiri J-Sword, especially with how swords are being handled in combat now. Hopefully it'll get its special back...

But from PSP2/i, the Kokuintou Hozuki and/or the Shadow Saber. And the J-Sword.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 11:10 AM
The Durandal. Even its twin variant from PSU/P2.

Rather obvious :D

Randomness
May 2, 2011, 11:28 AM
Heaven's Punisher, for being epic.

Holy Ray, because I loved mine to death (On a HUnewearl. Thing was SO handy)

chaoelite
May 2, 2011, 11:33 AM
Heart of Poumn!!!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/GC-HEART_OF_POUMN-ACTION-1.jpg

jnblz316
May 2, 2011, 11:39 AM
I would have ti say Flowen's Sword also. Ever since it was re-skinned in PSO Episode I&II it became my instant favorite. I actually went and got the Large Sword of Moonlight in Demon's Souls because it looked like it. I freaking love this sword!

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 11:43 AM
None, I want new and original weapons.

If they do bring back some weapons from PSO, make them weak replica's meant for collection purposes only.

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 11:47 AM

If they do bring back some weapons from PSO, make them weak replica's meant for collection purposes only.

They already are with the exception of a handful.

Besides, this is wishful, harmful fun. No need to ruin it.

NeonaPulsar
May 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Heart of Poumn!!!

Are those, knuckles?

Itoshi
May 2, 2011, 11:52 AM
Flowen's Sword, but since it has already been said, I'd love to see Daylight Scar make a return.

chaoelite
May 2, 2011, 11:55 AM
Are those, knuckles?

Twin claws. And this is PSO2 if its a true sequel need to have references to original game and weapons are the easiest way to do it and this is just harmless fun and collecting is fun too :)

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 12:02 PM
They already are with the exception of a handful.

Besides, this is wishful, harmless fun. No need to ruin it.

Fixed that for you. :)

Also I'm not trying to ruin anything, just personal opinion. :D

r00tabaga
May 2, 2011, 12:06 PM
Easy, my beloved Musashi's.........but Flowen's Sword would be next. The faster swing speed for swords looks to be returning from PSO!

Randomness
May 2, 2011, 12:08 PM

They should be average. Not uber, not weak. Just strong enough to be useful. And only just.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 12:10 PM
They should be average. Not uber, not weak. Just strong enough to be useful. And only just.

I guess they could make them mid-game weapons for people who are still progressing through the game, I definitely don't want to see them being used for endgame weapons though.

Hatemachine
May 2, 2011, 12:11 PM
I would have to go with Chain Sawd, it was the First weapon in PSO that had me laughing at it's impossibility and brutality, A chainsaw Sword the Size of a Airplane Wing, man now THAT was a fun weapon.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 12:15 PM
I guess they could make them mid-game weapons for people who are still progressing through the game, I definitely don't want to see them being used for endgame weapons though.

Depends if they decide to include Extend Codes as well or not.

-Wayu

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 12:17 PM
Depends if they decide to include Extend Codes as well or not.

-Wayu

Completely forgot about Extend Codes. >_>

Vanzazikon
May 2, 2011, 12:21 PM
Soul Eater.

chaoelite
May 2, 2011, 12:25 PM
how in the world does mid game end game fit into this game o.O? I know those terms from ffxi and the meaning is worlds apart to my thought process for pso lol

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 12:31 PM
DB's Sword and DB's Shield, lol.

Mr Champloo
May 2, 2011, 12:50 PM
Last survivor and Soul eater

Split
May 2, 2011, 12:54 PM
Rika's totally badass freaking Claw:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/GC-RIKAS_CLAW-ACTION-1.jpg

Vashyron
May 2, 2011, 12:58 PM
Pssh, 1 weapon? You know Sega is gonna throw in most if not all with updated models somewhere in the game for past fans/nostalgia. I'd be surprised if some PSU stuff doesn't make it in either.

Anyway, don't think I could pick one weapon alone, Chainsawd/Daylight scar.

SephirothXer0
May 2, 2011, 01:06 PM
Red Sword or Chain Sawd

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 01:12 PM
I would have ti say Flowen's Sword also. Ever since it was re-skinned in PSO Episode I&II it became my instant favorite. I actually went and got the Large Sword of Moonlight in Demon's Souls because it looked like it. I freaking love this sword!

The large sword of moonlight was really good if you raised the right stats for it. My friend made a pvp build of a character using it and rocked. (though this is off topic sort of. XD)

Tyreek
May 2, 2011, 01:15 PM
I would have said Yata Mirror, since the freaking shield was passed over both iterations of the PSP2 which boggles my mind since Kusanagi was implemented. But we don't know if PSO2 will utilize the Shield/Saber combo again. But I'd love to see Slicer of Fanatic. I was after that in PSOBB.

Norco
May 2, 2011, 01:22 PM
Double Cannon. It is my favorite weapon in PSO and heck it's the reason I got a psp and Phantasy Star Portable.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/DOUBLE_CANNON-WITHOUTBARS.jpg

chrisy05
May 2, 2011, 02:19 PM
I'd like to see the return of the zanba, guilty light and flame visit.

Yeah, sorry, I can't exactly choose one.

r00tabaga
May 2, 2011, 02:21 PM
In a perfect world, they would include every PSO, PSU, PSZ & PSPo2 weapon ever made...............& of course all new PSO2 weapons! At least it's somewhat possible on PC with updates.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:24 PM
Luzparias purely on its looks alone

Pillan
May 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
Since someone already said Soul Eater, I will have to go with Sinow Beat Blades.

Hrith
May 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
Heart of Poumn!!!
That's my HUnewearl <3

Rika's totally badass freaking Claw:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/GC-RIKAS_CLAW-ACTION-1.jpg And my HUcast, god, I have to troll Ryna with this.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 02:33 PM
Flamberg for singlehanded sabers. Also any one of PSO's double sabers.

blace
May 2, 2011, 02:39 PM
Hard for me to choose just one, but like a few others said, Chain Sawd and Rika's/Feral Claw. I never really cared how weak they were toward being 180, I always liked the massiveness of these two weapons and how it's mostly non-photon.

Hrith
May 2, 2011, 03:02 PM
Lieutenant Mantle for me >_>

Excellent stats + seeing traps = win armour.

r00tabaga
May 2, 2011, 03:57 PM
Lieutenant Mantle for me >_>

Excellent stats + seeing traps = win armour.

I forgot about Mantle...nice!

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 03:58 PM
From PSO/PSU/P2:

All the Lavis weaponry, plus new ones. There should be a Lavis weapon for each weapon type.

Skye-Fox713
May 2, 2011, 04:24 PM
For Me it would have to be the Justy-23ST or the Custom Ray ver. 00

Miyoko
May 2, 2011, 05:05 PM
For looks? Chain Sawd. As others have said, it's just so ridiculous it's awesome.

For functionality? Spread Needle, and all it's glorious RAcaseal game breaking goodness.

Split
May 2, 2011, 05:13 PM
That's my HUnewearl <3

And my HUcast, god, I have to troll Ryna with this.Really?? That's awesome...I just took it from the Item Database page. I swear I didn't know :razz:

Heart of Pwn must've been a bitch to get

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 05:23 PM
This

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-KUNAI-ACTION-1.jpg

Though I dunno if it was in PSO, I'd die to have this weapon. ;o;
edit: oh they were according to description.
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/3246/10894-m.png

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 05:26 PM
Though I dunno if it was in PSO, I'd die to have this weapon. ;o;
edit: oh they were according to description.
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/3246/10894-m.png

The Sacred Dusters were in PSO? Sounds familiar. Probably were.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 05:28 PM
The Sacred Dusters were in PSO? Sounds familiar. Probably were.

I never played that far into PSO, but the PSO-world description said it was from a "new set of items" in blue burst.

Norco
May 2, 2011, 05:34 PM
From PSO/PSU/P2:

All the Lavis weaponry, plus new ones. There should be a Lavis weapon for each weapon type.

WHAT?! WHY!?.. WHY NOT!? :D

Milla
May 2, 2011, 05:36 PM
Guld milla also cant wait to see some twin handgun gameplay.

Randomness
May 2, 2011, 06:04 PM
I never played that far into PSO, but the PSO-world description said it was from a "new set of items" in blue burst.

Yeah, they could be found in Crater by basically anyone.

ShadowDragon28
May 2, 2011, 06:32 PM
The Lavis series of weapons. Mainly Double Cannon. I LOVE the design of it. Coolest weapon in PSO IMO.

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 07:08 PM
I can't really narrow it down to just one, because I had a lot of favorites, but here's what I'd go with:

From PSO:

Guld & Milla
Spread Needle
Bringer's Rifle
Psycho Wand
Evil Curst
Tsumikiri-J Sword
Flowen's Sword
the "red" weapons (if they have some sort of crazy bonus for getting/equipping different ones)
Delsaber's Buster/Shield
Grass Assassin's Sabers
Sange & Yasha
DB's Saber
Heaven's Punisher
the Lavis weapons
Dark Flow

From PSU:

Rattlesnake
Adahna/Degahna Cannon
Delpi (as an actual MAG, though)
Koltova Launcher
Twin Falclaws (think this was also a PSO weapon though, I just remember them from PSU)
Cubo Simba
Carriguine-Rucar
Svaltus Sword
Dagger of Serafi
the Rappy daggers (Amore Tippies, etc.)
Melan Knuckles

Grimmjo9213
May 2, 2011, 07:15 PM
id have to say the laia axe, delsaber buster, the twin delsaber busters, (cant remember name from psp2) and Kokuintou Houzuki

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 07:41 PM
Wait, forgot:

SangeYasha (PSO/PSP2)
Twin Kamui (PSP2)
Black Rebellion (PSP2)
Pandora Extreme (PSP2)

-Wayu

Chimeria
May 2, 2011, 09:21 PM
My favorite weapon will always be the Agito (from PSO)

Doesn't matter what model. I just loved the look.

Blueblur
May 2, 2011, 11:09 PM
For looks? Chain Sawd. As others have said, it's just so ridiculous it's awesome.

For functionality? Spread Needle, and all it's glorious RAcaseal game breaking goodness.

Oh man, that was a fun weapon. Broken but fun. :-)

Broken_L_button
May 2, 2011, 11:19 PM
Can't narrow it down to one single weapon, but I CAN narrow it down to 1 weapon per class:

Hunter: Twin Kamui. In PSO, this weapon made HUcaseal 100x more fun to play than she already was. Stack on some Proofs of Sword Saint, sphere the thing and you've got yourself one crazy death tool.

Ranger: Last Swan. Sleek design and very practical as a weapon.

Force: Summit moon. It made females forces so much fun.

...Then again, I wouldn't be too sad if they went for a completely new line-up of weapons and stop milking the nostalgia factor.

Orange_Coconut
May 2, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'd say either the Demolition Comet or the Rainbow Baton. I think I'd like the stats to be altered, but you know, I like the models. :P

**EDIT**: I would absolutely -love- the Dancing Hitogata if card weapons will still be around.

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 11:28 PM
I guess I can list another weapon for another class, since my first is a saber.

Varista. Just the fact that it was a big handgun is appealing :D

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 11:43 PM
Soul Banish

https://kmta-0708-english-hartley.wikispaces.com/file/view/SOUL_EATER-WITHOUTBARS.jpg/31292699/SOUL_EATER-WITHOUTBARS.jpg

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 12:04 AM
Wouldn't mind Dark Flowhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/items/DARK_FLOW-WITHOUTBARS.jpg

SolitaryEcho
May 3, 2011, 01:28 AM
I'd like to see the classic Double Sabers(also Stag and Brand)

WolfDreamer
May 3, 2011, 05:09 AM
Demolition Comet from PSO. Even though they bring it back all the time I hope they do it again. A new Double Cannon would be nifty as well. Maybe bring back some of those funny Rods like Striker of Chao and Hildeblue's Cane.

Galax
May 3, 2011, 09:39 AM
Suppressed Gun.
Then I can play an assassin.

MESeele
May 3, 2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-HILDEBEAR_CANE-ACTION-1.jpg

Hildebear's Cane!!! It was a staple for me. Non-stop foie in every direction :D

I would absolutely -love- the Dancing Hitogata if card weapons will still be around.

^This

Krank32oz
May 3, 2011, 09:56 AM
I cant believe no one said the Yasminkov 9000M!!! One of the best!

Dongra
May 3, 2011, 10:44 AM
Dark Flow assuming Olga Flow would make a return and was actually challenging. A man can dream.

Canard de Bain
May 3, 2011, 02:27 PM
Dancing Hitogata.

moorebounce
May 3, 2011, 02:52 PM
I would like to see the Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen make a return.

Anduril
May 3, 2011, 02:59 PM
If tehy bring back cards and have them more like PSO's rather than PSU's, Talis, just for the aesthetic of them.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 03:57 PM
If tehy bring back cards and have them more like PSO's rather than PSU's, Talis, just for the aesthetic of them.

I also would want Mahu to return

Draggoon
May 8, 2011, 10:43 AM
Psycho wand most definitely.

Randomness
May 8, 2011, 11:54 AM
Psycho wand most definitely.

I think this was for things that weren't already a given...

I can't imagine psycho wand not being in the game.

Zarode
May 8, 2011, 12:11 PM
Berdysh.

GCoffee
May 8, 2011, 12:12 PM
Ghost Deslaber's Buster + Shield

andrewrew
May 8, 2011, 12:23 PM
I think the j-sword and also the flowen sword.
Not cause the flowen sword was good, just cause it reminds me of pso.
Also, branch of paku paku paku with chao ( I forgot the name :l)

Randomness
May 8, 2011, 01:15 PM
I think the j-sword and also the flowen sword.
Not cause the flowen sword was good, just cause it reminds me of pso.
Also, branch of paku paku paku with chao ( I forgot the name :l)

Striker of Chao. And I fully support it's return, it was cute. And funny, that a stick with a chao dished out death to all.

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 01:23 PM
Im sure someone already said Tsumikiri. I just just imagine how awesome that BWOD would be in a game like this, watching all the enemies just get blown away to hell.

Other than that...Elysion. It looked cool.

landman
May 8, 2011, 02:57 PM
I hope the Psycho Wand makes it into PSO2 :wacko:

Other than that, the Laconian Axe, but not the PSO one...

WiZ1988
May 8, 2011, 03:42 PM
I have a few weapons I hope to see. First would be dancing hitogata, dark flow or the j sword, and my all time favorite DOUBLE CANNON!! I want some sweet mags as well. If I can only have 1 then double cannon.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 8, 2011, 05:11 PM
Elysion definitely!

AlexCraig
May 8, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sange & Yasha

GUARDIANDNL
May 8, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yamigarasu

Chaobo99
May 8, 2011, 10:41 PM
Psycho Wand is most-likely going to make a come back. I may need a re-touch but isn't it the "ultimate" staff or some sort?

Anyways, I want the Sorc. Cane and The Yashminkov series of weapons back. And maybe the Sign Of a God... simply because holding a lightning bolt is cool >.>;;

Seth Astra
May 8, 2011, 11:05 PM
Let's see... Sange & Yasha (probably will be in), J-sword (With special, please), Agito (that can be turned into Oriagito with the energy wave special), and the Lavis weps (I repeat: I want the special on this wep).

Sol_Vent
May 8, 2011, 11:10 PM
You know what would make me insane? If claws in this game turned out to be just awesome, but Rika's Claw didn't return. I would definitely punch someone upon hearing such news.

I also second the return of Sigh of a God, but as an awesome pulsing lightning bolt like in that Percy Jackson movie.

Zekester
May 9, 2011, 12:10 AM
I do hope the Knuckles type weapons come back from PSU. Loved them.

PSO weapon: Dragon Slayer.

shadonic
May 9, 2011, 01:06 PM
Jizai, i really liked that weapon.
this time around make it a twin dagger and it's perfect :D

joshboyd1209
May 9, 2011, 06:25 PM
Something like a Lord's Brand would be nice.

wufiei
May 9, 2011, 06:33 PM
If it has to be from just PSO, then I'd say Meteor Cudgel for looks. If I can include PSU, then I'd say the Cromson twin Sword (forgot the name).

Blueblur
May 9, 2011, 08:24 PM
I wasn't going to pick a single weapon but screw it; bring back C-Bringer's Rifle. It was the first unique rare rifle I picked up when playing as my RAcast in PSO and I loved it to death.

ShadowDragon28
May 9, 2011, 10:29 PM
I hope that PSO 2 is open form enough that Sega can add classic PSO rare weapons into the game. Like have special quests and events where people can have a good chance to get something awesome.

Man, I hope they bring back Sealed-J Sword and the Lavis Cannon, Blades and the Double Cannon..

FEI LEE
May 9, 2011, 11:10 PM
Also hope the J Sword makes it in. Always felt good having the meter filled and just letting loose on a crowd of enemies.

AlphaDragoon
May 10, 2011, 09:43 PM
Lavis Cannon, hands down.

Biolizard13
May 11, 2011, 09:40 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-CLIO-TEKKER-1.jpg
:D

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 02:31 PM
1 more vote for Snow Queen, I loved the control that Rifle gave me. I'd like to see some form of the Bringer's Rifle return, the demon shot was deadly enough to kill Baranz in one combo. Also challenge mode reward weapons, I loved customizing a powerful gun to fit my needs like; meseta attack mechguns.

Edit: How cool would it be if they made flamethrowers! You saw the video, we get rapid fire assault rifles, how about close range flame spray!? Then the Burning Visit might be worth a damn to use lol
http://www.ragol.co.uk/uploads/item_images/flamevisit.jpg

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 02:57 PM
1 more vote for Snow Queen, I loved the control that Rifle gave me. I'd like to see some form of the Bringer's Rifle return, the demon shot was deadly enough to kill Baranz in one combo. Also challenge mode reward weapons, I loved customizing a powerful gun to fit my needs like; meseta attack mechguns.

Edit: How cool would it be if they made flamethrowers! You saw the video, we get rapid fire assault rifles, how about close range flame spray!? Then the Burning Visit might be worth a damn to use lol
http://www.ragol.co.uk/uploads/item_images/flamevisit.jpg

That would be sick! It wouldn't be that hard to program if they already have Rafoie (hold down to spray) basically the same thing, right? Or was it Damfoie??? I can't remember.

RemiusTA
May 11, 2011, 03:06 PM
Damfoie.

Since these weapons are for PC, they should just program their own effects for them.

PepperCat
May 14, 2011, 05:58 PM
Either NUG2000 Bazooka or Guld Milla. :D

Bayi
May 15, 2011, 05:28 PM
I would love to see the Yasminkov series return but if I had to pick just one, it would be the Yasminkov 7000V:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/YASMINKOV_7000V-WITHOUTBARS.jpg

Clearly as SPAS-12, Sega think they're slick =P

Eclypse
May 15, 2011, 06:04 PM
Frozen Shooter even though I do not use Rangers. For my HUnewearl I would have to say Love Heart for sure and Double Cannon.

Just for novelty sake I would love some Geist Vulcans because using the special with meseta to boost damage was just beastly.

Dongra
May 15, 2011, 06:18 PM
Just for novelty sake I would love some Charge Vulcans because using the special with meseta to boost damage was just beastly.
Fixed it for you.

Tyreek
May 15, 2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-CLIO-TEKKER-1.jpg
:D

What weapon is that?! I haven't seen that before.

Dongra
May 15, 2011, 06:25 PM
What weapon is that?! I haven't seen that before.
Looks like Clio.

Eclypse
May 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
Fixed it for you.

Thanks a lot.

RadiantLegend
May 16, 2011, 10:38 AM
Mechs of Doom

"The almighty CHARGE VULCANS"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/lordaim/PSO/dsmechs.png

j/k XD

Demo comet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/lordaim/PSO/pso_lordaim.png

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 16, 2011, 11:03 AM
Until I see how weapons on a force work, I'll go with the Ancient Saber.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 12:02 PM
I think the next video will probably blow us all away if they've made improvements to forces like they have rangers. I haven't had fun being a force since Blue Burst but I hear that PSPo2:I has it right on.

SyianZi
May 16, 2011, 01:12 PM
The Lavis Cannon I think it's called, wonderful purple sword I loved to death back on my HU <3

RemiusTA
May 16, 2011, 01:18 PM
im guessing if they havent shown forces, my guess is that they're either:

1) still working on the particle engine / effects used for them

2) they've changed their gameplay around, similar to how they did rangers. Perhaps they're keeping us stationary this time?

However it's done, i hope endgame im still able to send swirly fire attacks across the entire stage and nuke things.

steaIth
May 22, 2011, 06:56 PM
any sort of shot, or a panzer/iron Faust (a bit weaker though)

Chunky McMunky
May 22, 2011, 07:13 PM
im gonna have to say either soul eater or sangeyasha, but i want sooooooo many weapons from pso back, they just look so much cooler than psu

Demon-
May 23, 2011, 03:44 AM
I would like to see my favorite weapon Zanba return.

other weapons from PSO I'd like to see...

Double Cannon
Jizai
Daylight Scar
Bringer Rifle
Frozen Shooter
Baranz Launcher

Alnet
May 23, 2011, 08:05 AM
I'm going to answer with one weapon for each major archetype.

Vivienne, Handgun:Guld/Handgun:Milla/Guld Milla, Solferino. Would have said Psycho Wand, but it's safe to assume that Psycho Wand will be there.