PDA

View Full Version : Online Trial?

Wang My Getsu
May 2, 2011, 10:01 PM
Does anyone else think that making a free one month trial for the online play in Phantasy Star Online 2 would be a good idea.You know just to let the possible online gamer get a glimpse of the amount of fun they could have

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 10:02 PM
Well, yes. That's always a good idea.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 10:03 PM
That would actually be much better than jumping in and paying just to try the game yourself.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 10:34 PM
10 day trial sounds more realistic honestly, but yeah they should offer a trial regardless.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 10:37 PM
PSU had a trial...but you still had to use your credit card...

I hope they make it so that you just download the game with it's trial, then you need a KEY after the trial ends. Like I said in another thread, the credit card thing just scares away EVERYONE.

Assuming this is PC only.

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 10:17 AM
Why don't they just make the online portion free to play and put in a special store that you can access from anywhere in the game and allows you to buy items that are exclusive to it?

relentless
May 3, 2011, 10:41 AM
Why don't they just make the online portion free to play and put in a special store that you can access from anywhere in the game and allows you to buy items that are exclusive to it?

Risk of economy collapsing due to some rich guys buying up all the shit and then the community will be split into people without cash shop items and people with them, and that would suck ass. Basically, it's a bad idea, or at least I think it is (because I hate cash shops).

Tyreek
May 3, 2011, 02:59 PM
PSO had a 30 day trial from what I remember, and PSU had theirs too, though you gotta pay regardless and they tack on the extra 30 days lol. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't allow PSO2 the same.

Tetsaru
May 3, 2011, 08:14 PM
A free trial is good for any P2P online game, imo. It gives players a chance to see whether or not they like the game enough to warrant its subscription fees. I'd go with a free month; 10 days or so just doesn't seem long enough to see most of the game's features.

Anon_Fire
May 3, 2011, 08:44 PM
How about 2 weeks?

Blueblur
May 3, 2011, 09:24 PM
A 30 day free trial would be best. If Sega were really serious about capturing a wide audience that's what they should go with. Unfortunately, I expect them to be stingy with free trial days. :(

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 09:33 PM
A 30 day free trial would be best. If Sega were really serious about capturing a wide audience that's what they should go with. Unfortunately, I expect them to be stingy with free trial days. :(

Even if it were just a week I'd be happy. I just want to know what I'm getting myself into ahead of time

Blueblur
May 3, 2011, 09:38 PM
Even if it were just a week I'd be happy. I just want to know what I'm getting myself into ahead of time

Everyone wants to know. I hope they do offer 30 days; it would really help pull in people who haven't touched a Phantasy Star game since PSO. Sega lost a large chunk of the audience with the way PSU was handled at the start.

eclipsXe
May 3, 2011, 10:45 PM
Since they are trying to convince non PC players to play PSO2 a free trial would make console players bother looking at it, so if Sega was smart a free trial would help them achieve this.