PDA

View Full Version : No SEGA games @ E3

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 12:11 PM
All of the games being shown at E3 have been released over at IGN.com and there are no SEGA games at all. So does mean that we won't get any new info or screenshots & videos until TGS? I was hoping to see some Barta soon. :(

t3hVeG
May 3, 2011, 12:16 PM
I honestly wasn't expecting any news on PSO2 at E3 considering there hasn't been any word of it coming to the US yet. (I don't expect there to be any information regarding that until the game reaches or leaves beta first) I look forward to TGS. (though not only for PSO2)

Corey Blue
May 3, 2011, 12:18 PM
Ah damn this hurt's my feelings,I've been telling people to look forward to E3 all this time..

Aeiku
May 3, 2011, 12:25 PM
Well that's not the entire full list for E3 so there's still a chance Sega might show up before E3 begins.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 12:26 PM
I honestly wasn't expecting any news on PSO2 at E3 considering there hasn't been any word of it coming to the US yet. (I don't expect there to be any information regarding that until the game reaches or leaves beta first) I look forward to TGS. (though not only for PSO2)

^This.

RenzokukenZ
May 3, 2011, 12:32 PM
If not for PSO2, I was hoping for any info on a US release for PSP2I :-(

Split
May 3, 2011, 12:40 PM
Read the paragraph IGN wrote before the list -- I've reproduced it here for super-easy attentive reading fun!

"IGN's E3 Big Games List compiles all the titles confirmed by publishers or developers. There are plenty more games we know or expect -- this list isn't for those. These are the things that have been promised publicly or told to us on the record. Check the list. Come back to it often."

How about we don't count our chickens before they hatch, huh? And come on, would they really release every single game that' going to be shown at E3 beforehand when such a big part of E3 is surprise game and hardware reveals? If they were going to do that, then this list would have launch titles for Nintendo's new console and the name of the console.

http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/use-your-common-sense-day.jpg

Basically, what I'm trying to tell you under the guise of making fun of you is don't give up hope so early!

Corey Blue
May 3, 2011, 12:43 PM
True it's a still a month until E3 and SEGA might surprise us,so come on PSO2!!

Ezodagrom
May 3, 2011, 01:11 PM
All of the games being shown at E3 have been released over at IGN.com and there are no SEGA games at all. So does mean that we won't get any new info or screenshots & videos until TGS? I was hoping to see some Barta soon. :(
There's definitely going to be SEGA games at E3, at the very least they're going to have Sonic Generations there.

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 01:23 PM
<fingers crossed>

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 03:42 PM
There's definitely going to be SEGA games at E3, at the very least they're going to have Sonic Generations there.

I've actually becom quite interested in the new Sonic since they added old Sonic back in.

Jinketsu
May 3, 2011, 10:07 PM
I concur. Sonic Generations actually looks like a lot of fun!

I don't think they're going to show any PSO2 stuff at E3, and that's just because it seems like they always release their stuff in Japan first then promote it for the US/EU, and it's not even close to being done over there.

Though if they surprise us with it, I will be surprised. Mission: Accomplished.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:10 PM
I think they have enough to at least breifly hint at it. Doesn't have to be badly done CGI cutscenes, If it's not announced this E3 it better be announced this year in general for the US. e_e

Anyway, this thread scared me for a second.

@ OP: You're not supposed to jump to conclusions you're supposed to hint at them. e_e

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:12 PM
I think they have enough to at least breifly hint at it. Doesn't have to be badly done CGI cutscenes, If it's not announced this E3 it better be announced this year in general for the US. e_e

Anyway, this thread scared me for a second.

@ OP: You're not supposed to jump to conclusions you're supposed to hint at them. e_e

Right, so we can jump to conclusions FOR you =/ get it right.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:14 PM
Right, so we can jump to conclusions FOR you =/ get it right.

HAY I'll jump to whatever conclusions I want, and you can DEAL with it. but no ones throwing their untrue conclusions in my face. D<

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:15 PM
I was siding with you. way to jump to conclusions!

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 10:18 PM

I lol'd :D

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:21 PM

Have you been reading my past 20 posts, you'd know that at least 16 of them don't make sense for the sole purpose of boredom and conversation. :0

It's more fun than having the same argument in every thread. e_____e;;

*Still wishing I could erase my mind of PSO2, so I can stop forum diving when I procrastinate.*

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:24 PM
Fei got it...

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:25 PM
No! I'm not re-reading your post to get a joke I won't laugh at!

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:31 PM
definitely time for a nap

Kion
May 3, 2011, 10:42 PM
We're probably going to have to wait until TGS to see anymore of PSO2. I'm more interested in seeing videos of the alpha in action.

Chaobo99
May 3, 2011, 10:50 PM
I wonder if they even have a translated copy of the game. They may or may not need it, if they're showing gameplay footage that is, but yea...

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:51 PM
We're probably going to have to wait until TGS to see anymore of PSO2. I'm more interested in seeing videos of the alpha in action.

I second this

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:52 PM
Nnnnnooooo'h I doubt it chaobo, I WOULD EXPECT last minute translating if this game isn't too far off from JP release though.

PSU had annoying translations...

blace
May 3, 2011, 11:06 PM
Considering that english text is accessible in just about every game whether it's in Japanese or not, translations aren't all that hard to do, but choosing the right words to fit the space and situation is another question. Not to mention they might want to have a cast of english speaking VA's as I can imagine the events might have some form of speech.

Kion
May 4, 2011, 12:55 AM
Translations aren't very difficult, they just take a bit of time and dedication. Espio could handle it with out any problems. I have the Japanese ability, I'm just lazy. As we've seen from the promo video it looks like they don't actually have people working on translation and are instead relying on google. Hopefully with localization they'll get someone to actually go through and fix the errors (unlike PSU).

As far as implementation; the game being PC only and the "global support", probably means their going to have one global population. I think they spread themselves too thin with three populations before and they learned their lesson. I'm expecting a free to download client, pay to play format. As far as language, it will probably like PSO also in that you can change the user interface.

But that's all a mute point. From experience we know they don't give a shit about NA and only focus on Japan. So keep watching updates from the JP end and worst case scenario we make an English patch for the japanese client.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 05:23 PM
Translations aren't very difficult, they just take a bit of time and dedication. Espio could handle it with out any problems. I have the Japanese ability, I'm just lazy. As we've seen from the promo video it looks like they don't actually have people working on translation and are instead relying on google. Hopefully with localization they'll get someone to actually go through and fix the errors (unlike PSU).

As far as implementation; the game being PC only and the "global support", probably means their going to have one global population. I think they spread themselves too thin with three populations before and they learned their lesson. I'm expecting a free to download client, pay to play format. As far as language, it will probably like PSO also in that you can change the user interface.

But that's all a mute point. From experience we know they don't give a shit about NA and only focus on Japan. So keep watching updates from the JP end and worst case scenario we make an English patch for the japanese client.
I have to disagree about it being a free to download client. You'll probably have to buy it at gamestop or somewhere like that. Although I think that if the only difference, by allowing the user to select the language, between the NA and JP was the packaging it would be a good way to eliminate production time.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 05:25 PM
He's basing that off the PSO:BB model. PSO:BB did it exactly as he's described. Seriously, I know you're young and kinda feeling yourself right now, but why do you feel you have to argue with everything?

NoiseHERO
May 4, 2011, 05:30 PM
I have to disagree about it being a free to download client. You'll probably have to buy it at gamestop or somewhere like that. Although I think that if the only difference, by allowing the user to select the language, between the NA and JP was the packaging it would be a good way to eliminate production time.

You know how hard it was for me to find PSU aoi in stores for ps2? PC not even...I had to get it from a friend... @_@

I'd assume this game would be a lot more popular, and being PC not being caught between a generation gap. But it's a LOT easier to get Phantasy Star games by download. e_e

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 06:21 PM
You know how hard it was for me to find PSU aoi in stores for ps2? PC not even...I had to get it from a friend... @_@

I'd assume this game would be a lot more popular, and being PC not being caught between a generation gap. But it's a LOT easier to get Phantasy Star games by download. e_e
A free download client equals something like DDO or LOTRO.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 06:49 PM
NO it doesn't. please go do some research before you start trying to piss off everyone you talk to.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 06:56 PM
NO it doesn't. please go do some research before you start trying to piss off everyone you talk to.
What I mean is if you download it for free chances are it will be 100% online and not all of us want to pay to play which will also be a likely side effect.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 07:00 PM
PSO:BB was also online only. even if you had to buy the game, it's entirely possible it would be online only. The two things are independent of each other.

BizznessOnly
May 4, 2011, 07:01 PM
Bayonetta 2. Can't wait.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 07:51 PM
PSO:BB was also online only. even if you had to buy the game, it's entirely possible it would be online only. The two things are independent of each other.
Yeah, but if you download it for free where's the revenue? It would mean only online play and lot's of hidden fees somewhere.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 07:56 PM
Or very short offline play that wasn't worth playing for more than an hour or two...basically a demo

therealAERO
May 4, 2011, 11:23 PM
Phantasy Star Universe was announced at E3 and I was there and when I saw it I screamed like a girl. So I don't see why they wouldn't have PSO2 at E3.

Anyway I'll be there this year too and I hope to get a lot of coverage on PSO2(provided it is there) which I want to 100% guarantee.

Also I want to try out Sonic Generations...and of course Project Cafe.

joshboyd1209
May 5, 2011, 08:21 AM
Or very short offline play that wasn't worth playing for more than an hour or two...basically a demo
You know after playing Blue Burst(actually more through going through the trouble of downloading it ) if they put out a free client and then someone makes a free server I wouldn't mind it being p2p, because I would be playing on the free server not the p2p one.

Niloklives
May 5, 2011, 10:50 AM
they still haven't gotten a working PSU free server so good luck with that.

chaoelite
May 5, 2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but if you download it for free where's the revenue? It would mean only online play and lot's of hidden fees somewhere.

When i found PSO:BB it was free download and you had to pay to play on sega's server and it had no offline features.

Canard de Bain
May 5, 2011, 03:30 PM
You know after playing Blue Burst(actually more through going through the trouble of downloading it ) if they put out a free client and then someone makes a free server I wouldn't mind it being p2p, because I would be playing on the free server not the p2p one.

Someone ban him now.

chaoelite
May 5, 2011, 03:31 PM
Chances are the game will be dead by time that comes around if at all. Psobb you can only play on free servers since it is long dead. Getting the server information is no easy task to try and even emulate a server. I imagine after psobb was taken over they made it 10X harder to try and do on PSU and almost impossible for pso2 given all the sercurity scares now a days.

they still haven't gotten a working PSU free server so good luck with that.

Yeah its a shame when i decided to go back to psu was just couple months after they closed the servers and i was like darn it. But atleast they had an offliine mode where you could create your own char and farm tho its not very fun alone :(

Nitro Vordex
May 5, 2011, 03:32 PM
It would be a terrible thing to do. How many people do you think actually bothered to buy AotI for PC? Having it as a PC exclusive means that they don't have to make PC discs if they don't want to, which all around could be better for them, as they don't have to make a bunch of discs and ship them. All they have to do is host the client and have people download it for free. PSO:BB did this right, where it was online only, but a free client download. They could do this again with PSO2 and it probably would work out just fine. It would not surprise me, however, if they did end up making discs anyway. By having discs to be sold, they could hype up and promote the games at wherever they're being sold, therefore possibly generating more revenue, or at least balancing out the disc manufacturing costs. Having both client download and disc purchasing would work well too, for those people who don't want to wait forever to download it, and, at the cost of a little money for convenience, buy the disc.

And they pretty much always put in different language options, for like every game.

Niloklives
May 5, 2011, 06:08 PM
Someone ban him now.

As much as I hate to say it...cause I know he's just a kid: but i can't tell if he was dropped as a baby of if he's just the world's greatest troll. You know how you sit with friends and joke around by saying ridiculous things just to see how they sound? and the more absurd the funnier it sounds cause you know only an idiot would seriously say those things?

...yeah...

Randomness
May 5, 2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/use-your-common-sense-day.jpg

This picture is made of win.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 09:12 AM
Still no mention of PSO2 on any site for E3...only 3 weeks away & I'm really hoping they tease us with some Force gameplay or even better--------> MAGs

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 09:26 AM
as it was already stated, not every game is announced prior to the con. if they did that there would be no such thing as a surprise reveal. just be patient and don't freak out of what is essentially the same think as walking into a safeway and not seeing milk at the checkout with the candy.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
as it was already stated, not every game is announced prior to the con. if they did that there would be no such thing as a surprise reveal. just be patient and don't freak out of what is essentially the same think as walking into a safeway and not seeing milk at the checkout with the candy.

What's a safeway?

NoGoBoard
May 18, 2011, 10:27 AM
Grocery store franchise in western Canada and the midwest of the US.

And like Nilok said, there could be a surprise reveal. Just don't hold your breath for it.

Kion
May 18, 2011, 12:23 PM
Best bet is TGS in Septemer. I don't think sega gives a shit about America. I'd be incredibly surprised if they showed something at a US show before they showed it off in Japan.

RemiusTA
May 18, 2011, 12:42 PM
If they show anything, it'll be the same trailer they've shown us already.

Not that it really matters though, the game is still in Alpha. If it gets near Beta testing and we havent heard about it, you might as well get ready for some more good ol' PSU-styled negligence.

But of course they dont care. It would have been amazing if they asked both the JP and US fans to test the game, but they didn't.

NoiseHERO
May 18, 2011, 12:49 PM
I could care less about new info in terms of E3, as long it's confirmed America and Europe are going to be playing this game in English at some point. >_>

The more Sakai beats around the bush; the more I beat my wife!

Split
May 18, 2011, 01:49 PM
I could care less about new info in terms of E3, as long it's confirmed America and Europe are going to be playing this game in English at some point. >_>

The more Sakai beats around the bush; the more I beat my wife!That's okay. She deserves it...

Disclaimer: this post is merely satirical, and does not condone domestic violence

Sord
May 18, 2011, 03:01 PM
I'm actually far more excited for Sonic Generations than anything else right now. I may be a long time fan of PSO and there were a lot of things I liked about PSU, but at heart I'm a platformer kind of guy. And Sonic, all the way up to Sonic Adventures 2, has always been one of my favorites from Sega. Need to track down someone with a Wii and play Colors, heard that was actually good, but like hell I'm buying a Wii, yeah it's got games I want but that selection is comparatively small and there's no additional uses for it (dvd/bluray, music, took them forever to get netflix, but they do have it now, don't think they have Hulu+ though.)

I hope they show us a bit more of PSO2 at E3, but I wouldn't expect anymore than what we have. Hell, may wind up just getting the same teaser but in straight English, basically the US announcement for it (which at least would be reassuring to see it confirmed.) I wouldn't hope for much more than that.

Ezodagrom
May 18, 2011, 03:15 PM
I'm actually far more excited for Sonic Generations than anything else right now. I may be a long time fan of PSO and there were a lot of things I liked about PSU, but at heart I'm a platformer kind of guy. And Sonic, all the way up to Sonic Adventures 2, has always been one of my favorites from Sega. Need to track down someone with a Wii and play Colors, heard that was actually good, but like hell I'm buying a Wii, yeah it's got games I want but that selection is comparatively small and there's no additional uses for it (dvd/bluray, music, took them forever to get netflix, but they do have it now, don't think they have Hulu+ though.)

I hope they show us a bit more of PSO2 at E3, but I wouldn't expect anymore than what we have. Hell, may wind up just getting the same teaser but in straight English, basically the US announcement for it (which at least would be reassuring to see it confirmed.) I wouldn't hope for much more than that.
When it comes to Generations, there's a rumor that it might have zones from Sonic 1 to Sonic Colours, instead of being from Sonic 1 to Adventure 2.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 03:17 PM
Best bet is TGS in Septemer. I don't think sega gives a shit about America. I'd be incredibly surprised if they showed something at a US show before they showed it off in Japan.

They definately will show something at TGS but E3 is not a US/exclusive or anything. Many developers from around the world showcase their games & gadgets, even those from Mother Japan.

They care about us...they just don't need us.

Sord
May 18, 2011, 03:20 PM
When it comes to Generations, there's a rumor that it might have zones from Sonic 1 to Sonic Colours, instead of being from Sonic 1 to Adventure 2.

I'd be totally fine with that. The actual stage designs in the newer games I usually didn't have a problem with, it was the bug testing of them that was deplorable, plus, you know, EVERYTHING ELSE (dumb new characters, werewolf-bit, stories, voice acting, etc etc. Bugs frustrated me more than anything though, ouph.)

•Col•
May 18, 2011, 03:40 PM
I wasn't expecting it, but it's not like it matters if PSO2 is at E3 anyway. The alpha starts like a week or two after, and you can bet we'll be getting some info by then...

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 04:50 PM
I wasn't expecting it, but it's not like it matters if PSO2 is at E3 anyway. The alpha starts like a week or two after, and you can bet we'll be getting some info by then...

Actually that's not accurate. I thought that the alpha was in June too, but it hasn't been confirmed yet (as 10 posters let me know). The only thing concrete is May 20th. Am I right? If not lemme know.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 04:54 PM
afaik they're announcing the winners of the drawing on the 20th. Maybe they kick it off on the same day. We're supposed to get some more info about the game around the same time though.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 04:57 PM
afaik they're announcing the winners of the drawing on the 20th. Maybe they kick it off on the same day. We're supposed to get some more info about the game around the same time though.

As far as I know...nice! Keepin' the acronyms tight. ;)

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 04:57 PM
Nononononononono, 20th is the deadline for registering for the alpha lottery.

The date of the lottery itself is still up in the air.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 04:59 PM
fwiw afaik ftw.

@ffuzzy: yeah I know about that being the last day. somehow all the talking had led me to believe they were announcing it on the same day. but I'd never heard of an actual day for the alpha which is why I threw out the maybe.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 05:11 PM
It's alright, I made the same mistake a few weeks ago. Just making sure people don't expect to wake up to all kinds of hot PSO2 leaks on the 21st.

joshboyd1209
May 18, 2011, 05:15 PM
Well it's not likely they'll have the lotto before a 2 week or so period of time before the alpha starts. Otherwise they might not be able to get all of the materials distributed before the alpha starts.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 05:18 PM
materials? its a download and an email say "a winner is you"

joshboyd1209
May 18, 2011, 05:28 PM
materials? its a download and an email say "a winner is you"
Well you mentioned them sending a game disk or legal crap before so I thought they might do that again.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 05:28 PM
Will these forums allow links to alpha vids when it does come out? I know SEGA can't expect everyone to honor their terms & conditions of this invite. Especially when we will nitpik the shit out of any early builds we watch. <remembers the whole spine topic>

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 05:47 PM
Well you mentioned them sending a game disk or legal crap before so I thought they might do that again.

product code that's account bound or account based login. I never said anything about a disk, just that it's not going to get leaked.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 06:07 PM
Will these forums allow links to alpha vids when it does come out?If there's an NDA (and there will be), then expect to look elsewhere for leaks.

r00tabaga
May 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
Didn't PSU's original trailer come out at E3? I am thinking more & more that something will be shown next week.............maybe even something cross-platformish??? ;)

NoiseHERO
May 25, 2011, 12:20 PM
Didn't PSU's original trailer come out at E3? I am thinking more & more that something will be shown next week.............maybe even something cross-platformish??? ;)

You're just doing it on purpose aren't you! D<

RenzokukenZ
May 25, 2011, 12:24 PM
My guess is they'll just show an expanded gameplay video to show off a few things to expect from the midsummer Alpha test.

•Col•
May 25, 2011, 12:39 PM

Okay yeah, you are just a troll then.

Glad we solved that.

r00tabaga
May 25, 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm glad someone caught that. Who knows, I may have the last laugh if that Cafe garbage is actually somewhat true. It could be a potential system seller in Japan IMO. All kidding aside, we know SEGA won't do pressers unless it's TGS, but E3 could still be something.
@Trollaya: Sorry, I keep forgetting that this is www.PC-World.com ...my bad. :(

AzureAsh
May 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
I'm glad someone caught that. Who knows, I may have the last laugh if that Cafe garbage is actually somewhat true. It could be a potential system seller in Japan IMO. All kidding aside, we know SEGA won't do pressers unless it's TGS, but E3 could still be something.
@Trollaya: Sorry, I keep forgetting that this is www.PC-World.com ...my bad. :(

I'm surprised how people aren't getting that it isn't cross platform for a good reason. The game is going to be far better on PC than it would've been with shared servers, plus the specs aren't too high meaning that it won't require a PC capable of running Crysis* (though it'd help) to play the game.

*4 year old analogy lol

r00tabaga
May 25, 2011, 08:08 PM
Your shared server point is certainly valid but I would rather have a console version simply for the fact that I would essentially be buying a brand new PC for 1 freakin' game. A system like Nintendo & I would go nuts buying games on their new system. PSO2 on pc makes perfect sense for 100 reasons though, I get it.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 07:40 AM
Your shared server point is certainly valid but I would rather have a console version simply for the fact that I would essentially be buying a brand new PC for 1 freakin' game. A system like Nintendo & I would go nuts buying games on their new system. PSO2 on pc makes perfect sense for 100 reasons though, I get it.

You realize there are plenty of games for PC though, right? It's not mario and sonic or anything, but PCs have a wide selection of games available and better still there are a lot of games made by people just for the sake of making them - meaning there are indie games you can get for free or at least really cheap. additionally there are programs we're not supposed to talk about here that let you play games from your PS2 and just about everything else going all the way back to commodore 64 and you don't need to hack/jailbreak/void anything to do it, so it's hard not to find a way to get something worthwhile out of your PC.

Additionally as you say, you have a kid. She goes to school - or will be soon, yes? One of these days she's going to come back saying "I need to go online to do a project for school" and eventually she'll need to be y'know...turning in assignments and even when -I- was a kid we weren't allowed to turn in hand written papers after 3rd grade like 22 years ago...WHEN DINOSAURS ROAMED THE EARTH!!!

No but seriously you really should have a computer anyway.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 07:46 AM
You realize there are plenty of games for PC though, right? It's not mario and sonic or anything, but PCs have a wide selection of games available and better still there are a lot of games made by people just for the sake of making them - meaning there are indie games you can get for free or at least really cheap. additionally there are programs we're not supposed to talk about here that let you play games from your PS2 and just about everything else going all the way back to commodore 64 and you don't need to hack/jailbreak/void anything to do it, so it's hard not to find a way to get something worthwhile out of your PC.

Additionally as you say, you have a kid. She goes to school - or will be soon, yes? One of these days she's going to come back saying "I need to go online to do a project for school" and eventually she'll need to be y'know...turning in assignments and even when -I- was a kid we weren't allowed to turn in hand written papers after 3rd grade like 22 years ago...WHEN DINOSAURS ROAMED THE EARTH!!!

No but seriously you really should have a computer anyway.

My 5 & 11yr old sons have desktops in their bedrooms & my wife has a work laptop. I have no interest in playing PSO2 on any of their personal PC's. BTW, my daughter is only 2.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 07:49 AM
My 5 & 11yr old sons have desktops in their bedrooms & my wife has a work laptop. I have no interest in playing PSO2 on any of their personal PC's. BTW, my daughter is only 2.

Well you said you had a kid so i assumed only 1. you have 3 computers in the house and you post from your iphone?

You had led me to believe you were in the minority of people that didn't have a computer in the house and now you say you have 3..lol well in that case make it 4 and get with the program.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 07:51 AM
I will. I will. I would not call any of the three "gaming PC's" though.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 07:57 AM
no, you're right, they're not. All I'm saying is when you first started complaining it was like "how many people own a computer, really?" and technically your home has 3. You have to admit, that's funny. this entire time you made it sound like your entire family was in the dark ages and your only means of internet access was your company iphone...lol.

Anyway i still think you should go desktop instead of laptop. it'd be cheaper than a laptop even if you had someone build it for you. I guess I just dont see how often you'd really be able to play at work...especially if you wanted to continue to get paid.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 09:13 AM
I'm still sticking to my guns. More people own consoles than gaming PC's. I have 2- 360's, 2- PS3's, 2- PSP's & no gaming rigs. None of my friends have gaming rigs.
Also, I have nowhere to put a desktop in my home atm. I get hour long lunch breaks @ work and I used to play PSPo2 (before my PSP broke) at those times. A laptop is my only option.

DannGunn
May 26, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm surprised how people aren't getting that it isn't cross platform for a good reason.

Yeah I still think that the pick up and play aspect of consoles is not something to be forgotten about, I have no qualms about playing it on the PC something in the back of my mind still wants to play it on the 360 though. Still however it comes I'm going to take it, words can't describe how much I want to play this game.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 09:38 AM
I'm still sticking to my guns. More people own consoles than gaming PC's. I have 2- 360's, 2- PS3's, 2- PSP's & no gaming rigs. None of my friends have gaming rigs.
Also, I have nowhere to put a desktop in my home atm. I get hour long lunch breaks @ work and I used to play PSPo2 (before my PSP broke) at those times. A laptop is my only option.

yeah just don't complain about money again after that statement.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 09:54 AM
I have never complained about the money though. I just don't want to spend thousands on a PC to play one game...even though I will anyways.
I also don't want to come off as bragging so I'll add that both of the 360's were "crackhead specials" at about $50/ea and my son's PS3 was a gift for getting good grades.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
I have never complained about the money though. I just don't want to spend thousands on a PC to play one game...even though I will anyways.
I also don't want to come off as bragging so I'll add that both of the 360's were "crackhead specials" at about $50/ea and my son's PS3 was a gift for getting good grades.

In my book, complaining about the price of a gaming PC when you have 2 PSPs and 2 of each current gen console is complaining about money. It's fine though, all I'm saying getting a better idea of the whole picture is somewhat enlightening.

Kion
May 26, 2011, 10:38 AM
I think consoles are just easier for most people. I'd prefer to sit back and play PSO2 on a sofa in the living room. The only problem is Sega can't seem to commit to console life cycles. PSO was short lived on the GC. And PSU came out right about when the PS3 came out. If they got their act together and had Phantasy Star when consoles come out it could be a possibility, but with PSO private servers, Blue Burst and PSU, this is a series that has an affinity towards PC. So you either have to deal with it, or don't buy it.

I'm really looking forward to Computex on Monday. There's a lot of new stuff coming out. Integrated graphics seem to be what's hot right now. nVidia has their Tegra 3, AMD is working on their Llano platform and surprisingly intel has contracted powerVR (the company that makes the iPad GPU) to make their integrated graphics. So the cedar trail atoms coming out at the end of the year will have 640Mhz graphics running with 1.8Ghz dual core CPU's. So I'm really interested to see what's on the market and what the final requirements for PSO2 are going to be. I don't think it's going it's going to cost you a lot to play the game.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 10:48 AM
I have nothing against consoles. I have a PS3, a Wii, a PSP and a DS Lite. That said I can fully appreciate the merits of either. I'm far and away from a "PC purist".

Kion
May 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm turning into a PC purist. I really don't have only use for a gaming only device. It's nice to have a computer that I use for school and can play games on the side.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 10:59 AM
I'm turning into a PC purist. I really don't have only use for a gaming only device. It's nice to have a computer that I use for school and can play games on the side.

That is why consoles are doing so much more lately. I use my PS3 more for Hulu, Netflix & 3D blurays than I do for gaming these days. They have web browsers obviously too but let's be honest, they are too slow & very limited. A good gaming PC is the King of all Media.

Chaobo99
May 27, 2011, 09:13 PM
Yeesh, I come by to see a topic called "No SEGA @ E3". And the topic yet again has changed to consoles vs PC. lol. I am guilty of skipping to the last pages though XD

Kion
May 27, 2011, 09:20 PM
Generally topics run their course in the first couple of pages. For a series that most people have played on console going completely PC, is probably a point that people can't help coming back to.

Chaobo99
May 27, 2011, 10:32 PM
True. The brightside is now you can watch TV while playing if you're on PC Heh. Unless you had 2 TVs before ^^;.

FOkyasuta
May 28, 2011, 02:57 AM
*Looks at the topic title*

The perfect remedy to an obscure sickness.

Aeiku
Jun 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
Sega appears to be showing up at E3 after all.