PDA

View Full Version : worst class combo ever?

oG Epik
May 3, 2011, 05:26 PM
180/20 MF cast? lol worst or not that bad?

Nereid
May 3, 2011, 06:17 PM
Worst idea? Not really. Awful class combination? Yes.

DeltaViolet+
May 3, 2011, 07:22 PM
Worst would probs be a F beast fortetecher lol

Mystic_Nessly
May 3, 2011, 07:28 PM
It's fun to look at. Honestly, every time I see a cast techer, I immediately think the player is cheating because PSO's strict race/type restrictrions come to mind. I can understand people would want to try it for the heck of it or just for for laughs. (I admit, I've tried it myself.) However, if you're playing CAST masterforce to be a powerful player, you've chosen the wrong combination.

1) You can't really take advantage of the casts' SUV, as the SUV only charges from enemy attacks (which you really should be trying to avoid if you play masterforce) and your own physical attacks (which a Masterforce can't do). You'll maybe get full charge once per run.

2) You can't take advantage of Casts atp/accuracy strengths. Restricted to wands/rods/tech-mags, you rely on the casts inferior TP strength, which is the worst in the game.

If you really want to be a cast techer your best options are any of other options that don't heavily rely on TP such as: Guntecher, Wartecher and Acrotecher. They'd actually be decent at any of those, especially Acrotecher.

unicorn
May 3, 2011, 08:41 PM
CASTs make the best hybrid any-techer.

But every race outside Newman is the worst MF/FT.

ZeroKamikaze
May 4, 2011, 08:13 AM
admitly yes cast arent good masterforces, but its awesome to see my main with a psycho in her hand, that and ive already began to gas out her masterforce, so that wont be changing, now i just gotta level my spells, along with my bullets... and my supports... man this could be a hassle, juggling for 4 classes on one character, but ive been doing fine so far -.-b

Akairyumdn
May 4, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi there I think this is my first post here seeing as PSU forums are down for a bit I though I 'd post here instead. If your planning on being a CAST MF this is what you can expect damage wise: Note my equipment are 8/8 or higher some of my weps are 10/10 (rods, a few wands and ground pushan)

(Zeta S3 run with randoms)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGuRaQog-KA
(Ares Espada damage with no ATP+ upgrade)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoilDb5q9LE
(Ares Espada damage with ATP+3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhTdU8rIpU

Although my Zeta S3 vid is slightly outdated now as I have more GAS upgrades to my character. My damage output is higher now than it was in that vid.

While I have been playing CAST MF for quite some time I have noticed unlike a newman you can risk physical damage, as CAST have the highest def stat and 2nd highest HP stat of all the races this means CAST MF's aren't Glass dolls and you CAN afford to get hit and raise that SUV gauge, I know I do.

Newman MF you can keep back and fire spells all day and monsters will die quickly. My play strategy as a CAST MF is slightly different than playing a newman MF. As a newman I try to avoid getting hit while as a CAST i try to take safe hits.

CAST can't kill monsters that quick with spells so the first I try to do is inflict SE mostly burn, infect, poison or ice (tick damage really helps) I try to position my character to get in the center of monsters, using Gi spells (gauge builds quickly if you have a lot of enemies around you) or singular/line spells. I use Ra spells if enemies are quite away from me but I approach them rather than back away. I try to take projectiles to build gauge and use SUV when necessary.

bloodflowers
May 4, 2011, 12:59 PM
Bad idea? Yes.

Worst idea ever? No. Sega has you beaten.

oG Epik
May 4, 2011, 01:55 PM
the only reason i really asked cause i dont feel like leveling another character to 180 but i want limit breaks lol

Ethateral
May 5, 2011, 04:37 AM
admitly yes cast arent good masterforces, but its awesome to see my main with a psycho in her hand, that and ive already began to gas out her masterforce, so that wont be changing, now i just gotta level my spells, along with my bullets... and my supports... man this could be a hassle, juggling for 4 classes on one character, but ive been doing fine so far -.-b
Surprisingly, he does it well. Even if he is borrowing my Masterforce weapons. <3

I told you I'd level your spells for you if you did my bullets for my Guntecher. :3

Akairyumd: Very nice! However, I don't know about you when you're a Newman, but when I'm on mine, I tend to run in with typically no problems. Then again... I boosted up my evasion to where I think Zerokamikaze and I figured it was what, 21xx-ish? Lol.
(http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=54874)

Akairyumdn
May 5, 2011, 06:13 PM
Very nice! However, I don't know about you when you're a Newman, but when I'm on mine, I tend to run in with typically no problems. Then again... I boosted up my evasion to where I think Zerokamikaze and I figured it was what, 21xx-ish? Lol.
(http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=54874)

On my Newman I was originally going to have EVP+5, TP+5 and STA+2 but because of GAM's I modified it slightly so eventually it will be DFP+5, TP+5 and STA+2.

My favourite classes in PSU are MF and AF. Seeing as my 2 mains Rena and Shion were both lvl 180 and fully GAS'd at their main jobs, I thought it would be a good challenge to see how far I could go with these 2 if I switched their jobs.

As a Newman MF or CAST AF I don't find most missions a problem wether i'm in a good or bad group or solo. In most games I've always enjoyed using low tier/worst combination types, this probobly got me started on making a CAST techer and Newman Fighter.

A Newman fighter is more accepted in the PSU community than a CAST FT/MF. So people didn't raise an eyebrow to my Newman AF, so then came char 2 Rena... At first I thought I would be booted out of parties for having a CAST techer but thankfully no one hasn't booted me yet which I am thankful for. I'm thankful now that more people like to run with my CAST MF and ask me questions about it.

I enjoy playing CAST MF although I do moderate damage my DPS is quite high compared to most of the other MF's i've run with. Being a CAST MF my play style is different compared to when i'm a Newman MF, My zeta vid has me playing as if I was a Newman this means I lost out in making use of my SUV. In the Zeta mission in a group I can raise/use my SUV about 4-5 times something that most gunners/fighters cant do.

Anyone want to run with me when i'm on just make an S3 party and i'll be happy to join :D

Midori Oku
May 5, 2011, 09:38 PM
lolololololololololololol

The damage in the Zeta run tells the answer. The only good thing about it is the Ares Espada and that is not near enough to make up for the lost TP. (Even with Acro buffs as shown in the video) Have fun and play what you want but is it good? No!

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 5, 2011, 10:03 PM
hmm I going to have to say newman hunter

Even a newman hunter can put up better damage than a CAST MF lol. It's pretty unanimous that CAST MF is the worst combination in the game, if you can make it work and enjoy it, great. But just about every other combo is way more productive in a group or solo.

Akairyumdn
May 6, 2011, 04:21 AM
Even a newman hunter can put up better damage than a CAST MF lol

I'd have to disagree with you there unless it was a typo and you meant Newman Fighter(advanced, acro or master) then there is no way a Newman Hunter can out damage a CAST MF due to low PA caps(lvl20), can only use up to B rank weapans, normal attack speeds, basic types can't use GAS and Newmans don't have an SUV/Blast move.

Advanced, Acro or Master fighter classes then yeah you'll get better damage output than a CAST MF.

Another thing I'd have to disagree on is CAST MF being the worst class for a CAST... In my opinion its CAST FT that is the worst type. I myself have played all classes on my CAST to lvl20 and from my experience as a CAST FT you feel very sluggish, your range/melee weapons aren't doing as much damage as I'd like compared to my techs... The only thing I felt good about this class was giving my random group 31+ techs... that is until an AT showed up. :-(

Just so you know I am well aware that CAST's aren't that great at being techers and if I was playing serious, time attacking or GAM's then I'd go change my characters classes back to normal. I do have a fully GAS'd Newman MF and CAST AF after all. :-)

Since this thread is about the OP wanting to know about being a CAST MF I'm just here to share my experience, videos and knowledge about the class and hope to see more brave people take up this low tier class/combo as well as other combinations. It's all good fun. Newman Protranser anyone? :-P

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 6, 2011, 11:37 PM
I'd have to disagree with you there unless it was a typo and you meant Newman Fighter(advanced, acro or master) then there is no way a Newman Hunter can out damage a CAST MF due to low PA caps(lvl20), can only use up to B rank weapans, normal attack speeds, basic types can't use GAS and Newmans don't have an SUV/Blast move.

Advanced, Acro or Master fighter classes then yeah you'll get better damage output than a CAST MF.

Another thing I'd have to disagree on is CAST MF being the worst class for a CAST... In my opinion its CAST FT that is the worst type. I myself have played all classes on my CAST to lvl20 and from my experience as a CAST FT you feel very sluggish, your range/melee weapons aren't doing as much damage as I'd like compared to my techs... The only thing I felt good about this class was giving my random group 31+ techs... that is until an AT showed up. :-(

Just so you know I am well aware that CAST's aren't that great at being techers and if I was playing serious, time attacking or GAM's then I'd go change my characters classes back to normal. I do have a fully GAS'd Newman MF and CAST AF after all. :-)

Since this thread is about the OP wanting to know about being a CAST MF I'm just here to share my experience, videos and knowledge about the class and hope to see more brave people take up this low tier class/combo as well as other combinations. It's all good fun. Newman Protranser anyone? :-P

No it wasn't a typo, I'm fairly certain that if done properly, a Newman hunter could at the very least keep up with a CAST Mf's DPS. For example, run with Shijin/ouryu combo with an LKK and nothing but 50% 10+ 6* weps, a Newman should be hitting decent enough damage to surpass a CAST MF, as I see it, the CAST ony has one trump card, Aspada.

Now I'm not trying to say that a Newman Hunter is better to play than a CAST MF, far from it, I'd much rather see a CAST MF in action than a newman hunter lol. Just from what I've seen of cast tech damage, I can't believe that they would out do any melee so long as the hunter know what they're doing.

As for CAST FT, I'll have to disagree on it being worst, granted this is only prefrence speaking, but with the lvl 40 buffs and access to S rank bows at lvl 30 PA's they can still dish out some serious damage. But if you're speaking in offensive tech damage only, then yes, they are worse.

That said, I do want to retract my earlier statement of CAST MF being the worst class in light of this discussion of the basic classes vs expert/master ones, , I'd like to say that CAST force would actually be the worst class. lol

TheAstarion
May 7, 2011, 05:30 AM
Beast Masterforce is worse than CAST Masterforce, despite having more TP. The SUV charges with your spells (Dambarta is your friend here), and if you get a bunch of enemies in a narrow corridor this can mean you're fully charged in about 15 seconds.

Of course, CAST Anythingelsetecher can do this too, and have alternative ways to attack. Even FT has the lv40 buffs and lv30 bow & card. People see CAST MF as "worst" because its only attacking stat is lower than any other race/class combo.

Newman AT is a pretty shitty class combo TBH, they do more damage with their melee and ranged weapons than with their techs, and everyone else can outdo them in that regard and match them with support techs. However, any AT will absolutely carry a party, especially one played well, so even being a Newman isn't really a handicap here.