PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Modern Marvels

Palle
May 3, 2011, 11:57 PM
Post what things are you don't even.

Even if you don't what things are, post.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/5463/img00052201105021703.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
This one is a puzzler, I haven't been able to figure it out. Maybe you can help.

Singlespeed hub... on a road frame. Lazy? Desperate? Some kind of wicked genius?
Front 700x23, Rear 700x28... want 'dat stiffness' for your aggressively-stanced shoulders while ensuring a pillow-soft ride for the ass that won't be in the seat? Or just 50s drag-strip homage/rockabilly-coolguy-no-way-not-with-that-helmet-to-muss-the-pompadour?
Naked ghettofab bullhorn by Flexo™... only crossbar mountain madness brake leverage. Sticking it to us conventional types? Tired of the unwashed hipster masses and their timetrial levers so-so-summer-of-2010-passé?

Clearly been ridden a lot. Maybe just spareparts beater, cobbled together, at least it works. Still mysterious. Maybe marvelous.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 4, 2011, 03:59 PM
Singlespeed hub... on a road frame. Lazy? Desperate? Some kind of wicked genius?
Those down hill derby'ers.

"Pompaducks"?! Bancho "tuff guise."

Marbled vs Trafficom: SF->SJ age of heroes

HUnewearl_Meira
May 4, 2011, 04:27 PM
Looks like it's just an old bike to me, dude. Once upon a time, multiple speed gear assemblies were ridiculously expensive. I'd guess it was manufactured in the late 80's or early 90's.

Palle
May 4, 2011, 06:59 PM
All of these things are true, and can be yours... if the price is right.