PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Sakai

Kion
May 4, 2011, 01:20 AM
Has this been posted here yet? I was looking at pso2.jp and there's a letter from Sakai on the front page.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/sakai.png

Half ass translation by Kion
We have finally been able to show all o you the first screens to the true sequel of PSO; PSO2.

With PSO2 we would like to present a new experience in online gaming, and keep surprises coming. We have decided on a very adventure style RPG game. We are doing our best to please our fans and trying to get new players interested in playing.

In order to keep this gaming for a long time and for the greatest number of users, we have decided on the PC which offers a very free format platform. Also we're trying to make it so that this game does NOT require a brand new PC so that people who are new to the platform can play and enjoy it as well.

The video we showed is just a small preview of what's to come. We expect to make another announcement before commencing the alpha test. Please wait and use your imaginations until then.

The alpha test will offer what was shown in the preview and a little more. In order to make a great game for everyone we encourage participation, please apply to the online alpha test.

As for the people who will not be participating in the alpha, we hoped to have given you a taste of what this game will be like. From what will commence the next ten years of Phantasy Star; PSO2, please wait for more information.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:39 AM
Should say does not require a brand new PC.

FEI LEE
May 4, 2011, 01:40 AM
So I guess this confirms once and for all no console.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:42 AM
It's almost exactly the same thing he said around 4/24. He said "PC onry" then, too.

Kion
May 4, 2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the typo fix, NIlok.

So I guess this confirms once and for all no console.

So hopefully people will leave that dead horse alone.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:45 AM
You know all these years that was a typo? It's supposed to be Niloklives (lowercase "i") I never knew the right way request a name change so I just let it be.

FEI LEE
May 4, 2011, 01:45 AM
Guess that should go up as confirmed in the info thread then in the hope that it lowers those amount of topics

Vashyron
May 4, 2011, 01:47 AM
Interesting, more info before the Alpha release? Another video with different Weaponry / Techs would be nice.

Though, there you go. Don't expect a console release.

•Col•
May 4, 2011, 01:53 AM
Guess that should go up as confirmed in the info thread then in the hope that it lowers those amount of topics

I thought about adding a FAQ section or something... But I have a feeling it won't help much in regards to the recurring topics.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:54 AM
At least it would be documented in there. We can point to it if nothing else.

Kion
May 4, 2011, 01:55 AM
You know all these years that was a typo? It's supposed to be Niloklives (lowercase "i") I never knew the right way request a name change so I just let it be.

I never knew you messed that up. I always kind of assumed you did that on purpose, for some... strange reason. If you want it fixed, you could probably message a mod.

As far as people whining about the game being on PC; The specs recomended specs are a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 2GB of RAM and a Geforce 7800GT. The E6300 gets a passmark score of 1115. You can go Here (http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php) to see how your cpu compares. 2GB of RAM costs about $20 on newegg. And a Geforce GTS 250 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500152) is $100 on newegg (which won't have any problems running PSO2), so anyone who doesn't have a gaming computer probably won't need to sync a lot of money into parts to upgrade their current rig.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 02:11 AM
Don't forget that if you have a store bought PC, you probably need a new power supply unit. you can get a decent 450W PSU which should take care of a lower end card like the 250 no prob. Newegg has a good 500W PSU for 45 dollars.

edit: yeah I just looked into it. the gts250 uses quite a bit of power. I'd strongly recommend a 500w psu to run it. if you plan on keeping your machine around for a while.

Kion also posted a few builds that can be built for cheap that should work.

Maybe in the coming weeks after the alpha we should start a thread posting some possible builds for the console gamers and the PC users who are a little behind.

NoiseHERO
May 4, 2011, 02:25 AM
Hah well that's one hopeless argument crushed, bow down to us PC GAMERS!

/trollface.jpg

*not even a real PC gamer...if anything I only really play oldschool and handheld games now*

But yeah I guess we can look foward to that pre-alpha info...hopefully addressing FO's,Character customization, and whatever our lobby/community system is going to be like. I'm still wanting an improved version of PSU's lobby system to return.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 02:29 AM
I'm waiting for the cast supremacy update that restores my little automata to their former glory.

Kion
May 4, 2011, 02:45 AM
Maybe in the coming weeks after the alpha we should start a thread posting some possible builds for the console gamers and the PC users who are a little behind.

I think the best bet would be to wait until the game actually comes out and then make a pc-part buying guide. Or have people contribute what their hardware and how well the game works on what settings. AMD is launching their llano platform over the summer, intel is actually trying with their HD 3000. So i think between now and when the game comes out there are going to be a few advancements in hardware. In that other thread and just above I was trying to prove that it won't cost $2000 to build a rig to play this game.

Nitro Vordex
May 4, 2011, 02:46 AM
I hope we can get rid of the hoping for consoles and the like threads. Or at least lock them so we don't have to hear everyone bitch about it.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 02:58 AM
I think the best bet would be to wait until the game actually comes out and then make a pc-part buying guide. Or have people contribute what their hardware and how well the game works on what settings. AMD is launching their llano platform over the summer, intel is actually trying with their HD 3000. So i think between now and when the game comes out there are going to be a few advancements in hardware. In that other thread and just above I was trying to prove that it won't cost $2000 to build a rig to play this game.

Well I said "after the alpha" in hopes we'd have some real system specs to go off of. More specifically I meant when we get some final system reqs. Then in the least we can post something that says "as of now, this is the cheapest solution we can find. here's a modest gaming PC that will play a good number of current games. if you already have an older PC, tell us what you have and we can tell you what you need"

Kion
May 4, 2011, 04:04 AM
Well I said "after the alpha" in hopes we'd have some real system specs to go off of. More specifically I meant when we get some final system reqs. Then in the least we can post something that says "as of now, this is the cheapest solution we can find. here's a modest gaming PC that will play a good number of current games. if you already have an older PC, tell us what you have and we can tell you what you need"

Pretty much exactly that.

yoshiblue
May 4, 2011, 04:22 AM
I hope we can get rid of the hoping for consoles and the like threads. Or at least lock them so we don't have to hear everyone bitch about it.

Only if you want them to cry on another thread.

Corey Blue
May 4, 2011, 04:27 AM
Finally straight from the dragon's mouth.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 04:35 AM
He actually said this a few days ago

Corey Blue
May 4, 2011, 04:41 AM
I been knew about it,but now I'm 100% sure.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 04:52 AM
No I mean I'm pretty sure that letter is about a week old.

Corey Blue
May 4, 2011, 04:57 AM
No I mean I'm pretty sure that letter is about a week old.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-minor-website-update/ mmhmm

ChronoTrigga
May 4, 2011, 05:33 AM
I hope he doesn't mention that it's JP only.

:cries:

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 05:39 AM
Not yet. Somehow the way he's talking, I don't think we'll get that announcement.

Korten12
May 4, 2011, 06:22 AM
I agree with the free form platform, but not the greatest number of players. While PC Gaming no doubt has many many players (see Steam and WoW.)

I will still say that if it was also on at least the ps3 it would have even more members. :S

So unless this game does something revolutionary, I don't see the need for the free form platform.

yoshiblue
May 4, 2011, 06:31 AM
Revolutionary vibration technology!!! Feel the power! Feel the Attack! Feel the ships going full throttle! Room wide feel! Great for back seat gaming too!

Warning: May cause things to break, Tv to break, disks to scratch, cause earthquake false alarms, ect.

r00tabaga
May 4, 2011, 06:33 AM
I hope he doesn't mention that it's JP only.

:cries:
Me too, at least the trailer in hi-res was an indication that they might go English due to the translation. Either way I'm in...

Corey Blue
May 4, 2011, 06:34 AM
Google motherfucking translation!! Oh it's going to be rejoicing if they announce global servers.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 06:34 AM
I agree with the free form platform, but not the greatest number of players. While PC Gaming no doubt has many many players (see Steam and WoW.)

I will still say that if it was also on at least the ps3 it would have even more members. :S

So unless this game does something revolutionary, I don't see the need for the free form platform.

It's not the greatest number of players world wide, it's the greatest number of players they know for a fact will play PSO2. This is irrefutable as most of PSO/PSUs success has been on the PC platform.

He even says in his commentary "From what will commence the next ten years of Phantasy Star; PSO2". While this could be construed as hype due to the nature of the subject (PSOs 10th anniversary), it's the way in which he said it that suggests they plan on making PSO2 a ten year project. Please just let it go. If it were going to be on any one platform, it was going to be PC.

Jinketsu
May 4, 2011, 06:36 AM
A big announcement before the alpha launch, huh...

Sounds like it might be an E3 announcement. I could be wrong! (and probably am)

r00tabaga
Any recommended gaming laptops that you guys might suggest? I do not have a computer & would rather use a laptop if this game does in fact come West.

Corey Blue
It's not the greatest number of players world wide, it's the greatest number of players they know for a fact will play PSO2. This is irrefutable as most of PSO/PSUs success has been on the PC platform.

He even says in his commentary "From what will commence the next ten years of Phantasy Star; PSO2, please wait for more information". While this could be construed as hype due to the nature of the subject (PSOs 10th anniversary), it's the way in which he said it that suggests they plan on making PSO2 a ten year project. Please just let it go. If it were going to be on any one platform, it was going to be PC.

PSO2 is in for the long haul.So yup PC only,console gamers gotta let it go.

r00tabaga
May 4, 2011, 06:38 AM

He even says in his commentary "From what will commence the next ten years of Phantasy Star; PSO2". While this could be construed as hype due to the nature of the subject (PSOs 10th anniversary), it's the way in which he said it that suggests they plan on making PSO2 a ten year project. Please just let it go. If it were going to be on any one platform, it was going to be PC.

Good point, in ten years people will be playing PS4 & XBOX"3".

Korten12
May 4, 2011, 06:52 AM

I am not trying to argue, I was just giving my opinion on it. Since I don't want a fiasco like the other topic.

Well I can only hope they make Phantasy Star Portable 3rd for the NGP with some features of PSO2.

Kion
May 4, 2011, 11:16 AM

That's more of a translation error (i did a rough literal translation).I think Sakai meant something more along the lines of "thank you for supporting the Phantasy Star franchise, we hope to keep releasing games in the future".

Once we know exactly what PSO2's reqs will be, someone here; probably Kion or myself will make a thread with a few inexpensive builds and some suggestions for cheap but effective hardware upgrades to get you guys ready. We haven't even seen the alpha and more importantly we haven't gotten a US/EU announcement, so it's jumping the gun a little. The only things I can tell you is you can get a new gpu and psu for a machine for less than $200 and if you're looking to build an actual gaming rig, it can be done for under $800. anything else, there are some laptops listed here that will certainly be up to the task.

I don't know much about PSU's or graphics card, so I'll leave that up to you. My plan is to make a cheap little i3 2105 mini itx rig for watching movies on. If it works great; i'll post the frame rate, if not my plan is to buy a laptop around April next year anyways, so I'll get one that can manage PSO2.

Canard de Bain
May 4, 2011, 11:23 AM
That's more of a translation error (i did a rough literal translation).I think Sakai meant something more along the lines of "thank you for supporting the Phantasy Star franchise, we hope to keep releasing games in the future".

I don't know much about PSU's or graphics card, so I'll leave that up to you. My plan is to make a cheap little i3 2105 mini itx rig for watching movies on. If it works great; i'll post the frame rate, if not my plan is to buy a laptop around April next year anyways, so I'll get one that can manage PSO2.

If you are going desktop, aren't the AMD Fusions the best value for a cheapo one?

ShinMaruku
May 4, 2011, 11:25 AM
You guys should learn never to trust a developer at his word when in development. I remember Mikami saying some shit, then it happened and I laughed. Oh PR you are so silly.

Ark22
May 4, 2011, 03:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO!

Well better buy a PC.

Canard de Bain
May 4, 2011, 03:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO!

Well better by a PC.

One of us, one of us!

Ark22
May 4, 2011, 03:24 PM
SHUT UP!....... I have to spend more money to fufill the fun which is PSO2....*Cries* Time to work overtime...

NoiseHERO
May 4, 2011, 03:30 PM
Theres no PSO2 in jail.

Just AOL.

r00tabaga
May 4, 2011, 07:51 PM
I'm gonna break the bank on this game.....but I have to have it. PSPo2 will hopefully pass the time for me, especially if Infinity ever comes to our shores.

Akaimizu
May 5, 2011, 02:25 AM
Just a word of warning. These topics concerning PCs (including this one) were just moderated to heck or oddly moved into another topic, so some of your replies might not make sense in context. Though surprisingly the harmless lightening of the situation, concerning the topic posts, were the targets. Just a heads up.

Zarode
May 5, 2011, 02:55 AM
AKA shut up, console kids.

Akaimizu
May 5, 2011, 03:00 AM
Not exactly. The angrier stuff was precisely what wasn't moved around or deleted.

Niloklives
May 5, 2011, 03:06 AM
All the "what PC should I buy" stuff was moved to its own thread, that's all.

Akaimizu
May 5, 2011, 03:07 AM
Ahh. So that's it. I guess a number of posts got mangled in the mix.

Kion
May 5, 2011, 03:38 AM
So pretty much all that's left is speculation on what specs will run the game and at what settings until we see more of the alpha or info from Sakai. At least we can put this console debate to rest.

Edit: And I live 20 minutes away from Makuhari Messe (My school has a campus right next to the expo center), so I'll go to the Tokyo Game Show this year.

Niloklives
May 5, 2011, 03:50 AM
Right on. Hopefully the good news keeps rolling in.

MadDogg
May 5, 2011, 06:17 AM
Well damn, my excitement for phantasy star online 2 just shot down to damn near rock bottom with the whole PC only thing. I really doubt my crappy radeon hd 4670 graphics card with only 3 gigs of ram because of xp would be enough to run pso2 on max settings, and I definitely don't see myself buying another pc/upgrading my current one just to play a single game. Then again, maybe the game would run alright on my PC...guess I'll just wait and see how this plays out.

Canard de Bain
May 5, 2011, 08:16 AM
Well damn, my excitement for phantasy star online 2 just shot down to damn near rock bottom with the whole PC only thing. I really doubt my crappy radeon hd 4670 graphics card with only 3 gigs of ram because of xp would be enough to run pso2 on max settings, and I definitely don't see myself buying another pc/upgrading my current one just to play a single game. Then again, maybe the game would run alright on my PC...guess I'll just wait and see how this plays out.

Who says you need to run on max settings in every game? Sheesh, sense of entitlement, much?

Wayu
May 5, 2011, 08:36 AM
They spend all that time making the graphics as good as possible. Might as well enjoy them.

Also, your second sentence was uncalled for.

-Wayu

MadDogg
May 5, 2011, 09:06 AM
Who says you need to run on max settings in every game? Sheesh, sense of entitlement, much?

I wouldn't even have to worry about dumb ass graphics settings in the first place this game was on a console. Also, back when I played blue burst on my old pc, the game looked like absolute ass since I had no choice but to play on low back then, so I really don't want to go through that again (solid block flowen's sword anyone?). The reason I have my current PC is so that I could play both that and world of warcraft wotlk expansion on ultra settings at the time.

The way I see it, if I'm going to be playing pso 2 on a pc, then I could at least go for max settings instead of going through what I did with blue burst (it sucked even more since I was so used to playing episode 1 and 2 on both the cube' and xbox, it was like downgrading =/). I don't see how in the hell I have a sense of "entitlement" for wanting a game to look nice. You would think a dumb ass comment like that would be from a gamefaqs post, not here.

Canard de Bain
May 5, 2011, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't even have to worry about dumb ass graphics settings in the first place this game was on a console. Also, back when I played blue burst on my old pc, the game looked like absolute ass since I had no choice but to play on low back then, so I really don't want to go through that again (solid block flowen's sword anyone?). The reason I have my current PC is so that I could play both that and world of warcraft wotlk expansion on ultra settings at the time.

The way I see it, if I'm going to be playing pso 2 on a pc, then I could at least go for max settings instead of going through what I did with blue burst (it sucked even more since I was so used to playing episode 1 and 2 on both the cube' and xbox, it was like downgrading =/). I don't see how in the hell I have a sense of "entitlement" for wanting a game to look nice. You would think a dumb ass comment like that would be from a gamefaqs post, not here.

There is a difference between wanting it looking 'nice' and wanting everything you could possibly have magically given to you, as if the game will make your hardware work 50000x faster.

Wayu
May 5, 2011, 09:27 AM
Oi, both of you chill.

If I'm understanding you right, MagDogg, you want to play PSO2 on max settings, right? It might be easier to build your own desktop, although that will cost you roughly a thousand dollars for good gear, an HD screen, and your custom tower.

-Wayu

Ezodagrom
May 5, 2011, 09:30 AM
Unless you're talking about about a laptop card, the desktop HD4670 is a bit above the requirements for the alpha.
Until PSO2 is released, no one will know if an HD4670 will be able to run at max settings or not, but, based on the alpha requirements, it will be able to run PSO2.

Corey Blue
May 5, 2011, 09:46 AM
So yeah he's in the clear for now.Plus Mad Dogg PSOBB was kinda a poorly optimized game,and I gotta run that shit on low setting's and that game is 10 years old.(I think you'll be ok.)

funkyskunk
May 5, 2011, 09:49 AM
no one will know if an HD4670 will be able to run at max settings or not, but, based on the alpha requirements, it will be able to run PSO2.

I hope so, I am kinda banking on this so me and my fiance can play together otherwise we will be fighting over my new rig -_-

PSOBB was the pinnacle of bad optimisation. I hope they have learnt a bit since then.

MadDogg
May 5, 2011, 09:50 AM
There is a difference between wanting it looking 'nice' and wanting everything you could possibly have magically given to you, as if the game will make your hardware work 50000x faster.

.........and where in the hell did you get "wanting everything I could possibly have magically given to me" out of me just wanting to play a game on max settings/or at least for it to look decent......I mean did you even READ my original post before making a ass out of yourself over something so stupid, seriously? I mean I've seen tons of pointless internet arguments over the years, but nothing is more annoying than the type that starts from someone pulling something that isn't there out of their ass for no reason whatsoever.

<i>If I'm understanding you right, MagDogg, you want to play PSO2 on max settings, right? It might be easier to build your own desktop, although that will cost you roughly a thousand dollars for good gear, an HD screen, and your custom tower.</i>

Actually, it doesn't have to be maxed in every single area....I just don't want another blue burst situation where a good bit of the weapons looked like solid blocks when played on low, lol. But after reading....<i>Unless you're talking about about a laptop card, the desktop HD4670 is a bit above the requirements for the alpha.
Until PSO2 is released, no one will know if an HD4670 will be able to run at max settings or not, but, based on the alpha requirements, it will be able to run PSO2.</i>

I'm relieved somewhat. Like I said, I'll just wait and see what happens with the beta and whatnot.

doubleEXP
May 5, 2011, 09:51 AM
While I'd prefer it on a console, if it's PC-only then it's PC-only. My gf and I are due to get a new pc this year anyway, and these days pc's are dirt cheap. I won't let this stop me.

MadDogg
May 5, 2011, 09:59 AM
So yeah he's in the clear for now.Plus Mad Dogg PSOBB was kinda a poorly optimized game,and I gotta run that shit on low setting's and that game is 10 years old.(I think you'll be ok.)

Ahhh, ok. Cool then, that means the only thing I would really need is a new monitor...that wouldn't be too bad. I've been meaning to get a new monitor anyway.

moorebounce
May 5, 2011, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't want to deal with M$, Sony or Nintendo's BS either. They also tried to keep the PC specs within the last 3 to 4 years. Onlive said the same thing and it turned out to be a lie. We'll have ot see how this turns out.

The things that kept me from gaming on my PCs in the first place is I never had one that you could really doing any gaming on. Plus I thought all PC games only used the keyboard and mouse for the controls.

When is the Alpha testing is supposed to start?

moorebounce
May 5, 2011, 10:57 AM
While I'd prefer it on a console, if it's PC-only then it's PC-only. My gf and I are due to get a new pc this year anyway, and these days pc's are dirt cheap. I won't let this stop me.

If you have a friend that can build them I would give them a call. You can have a monster of a computer if you have someone build it for you and it would be really cheap.

Niloklives
May 5, 2011, 10:59 AM

if you buya cheap PC you're need a new video card and a new PSU. the graphics processors in cheaper PCs can't do gaming and the PSUs that come with PCs don't support graphics cards on that level.

Corey Blue
May 5, 2011, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't want to deal with M$, Sony or Nintendo's BS either. They also tried to keep the PC specs within the last 3 to 4 years. Onlive said the same thing and it turned out to be a lie. We'll have ot see how this turns out.

The things that kept me from gaming on my PCs in the first place is I never had one that you could really doing any gaming on. Plus I thought all PC games only used the keyboard and mouse for the controls.

When is the Alpha testing is supposed to start?

Well PSO2 is going to have gamepad support I'm sure.

Niloklives
May 5, 2011, 11:02 AM
even if it didn't there are programs to circumvent that. you can put mouse input on an analog stick for example.

kazuma56
May 7, 2011, 02:17 PM
Sega isn't really known for optimization... my Laptop can play dragon age 2 on medium/high settings yet going by benchmarks...it'll barely scratch PSO2 given how everyone else is saying it needs to meet a minimum of X000 in the test, Hell i remember my PC running WoW @ 60-40fps on almost max settings during raids with my 7600gt yet PSU had random slowdown and framedrops for no reason.

Kion
May 7, 2011, 02:54 PM
The minimum requirements for the alpha have a 3dmark06 score of around 4500. If you want to test your hardware; a score of around 4000 and above means your probably set. I'm interested in seeing what the minimum requirements are once the actual game comes out. Sakai said he was making the game with non-pc players in mind, so I wonder if something like a Atom / nVidia Ion combo will be enough to run the game on low settings. But I wouldn't worry about hardware at this point, there's still lots of time.

Also I think I should add a couple of fixes to my translation. Sakai calls pc a "free form platform", my word choice is kind of bad, but what I think he means is that it has a lot less restrictions than working on a console. They probably have more freedom over coding, access, downloadable content and that kind of thing. As far as a "new rpg experience", that probably goes along with the randomly generated fields and cut-in events. So probably a more dynamic world than something like PSU where the missions and enemy spawns are set in stone.

Also from the alpha page I figured I should add in this:

制作途中のゲーム内容にユーザーの皆様が触れることによって、ご意見をいただき、後日予定されている大規模 テストや正式サービス開始に向けて、ゲームの完成度を高めることを目的としております。

From the players participating in the alpha, they're looking for input and planning to change the game accordingly, moving towards another possible test (beta?) before the actual release.

And for the notes under the spec sheet.

上記αテスト基準動作環境は、正式サービス時の動作環境とは異なります。

Just a disclaimer that the specs required for the alpha will most likely differ from the final version.

So that's all of the info we have until any more information leaks. My guess is we may get another announcement/video before the alpha starts. Some video of the alpha, PSO2 announced at the Tokyo Game Show, beta some time in Sept/Oct before the actual game is released sometime in November/December (at least for Japan).

Zyrusticae
May 7, 2011, 03:09 PM
Sega isn't really known for optimization... my Laptop can play dragon age 2 on medium/high settings yet going by benchmarks...it'll barely scratch PSO2 given how everyone else is saying it needs to meet a minimum of X000 in the test, Hell i remember my PC running WoW @ 60-40fps on almost max settings during raids with my 7600gt yet PSU had random slowdown and framedrops for no reason.
It's worth noting that PSU was built for multiplatform play from the start. Which means they didn't spend nearly as much time on optimization as they should have been.

Since it is now PC-exclusive, they can now finally devote the effort necessary to making sure the game runs as well as it should have from the start.

kazuma56
May 7, 2011, 11:56 PM
It's worth noting that PSU was built for multiplatform play from the start. Which means they didn't spend nearly as much time on optimization as they should have been.

Since it is now PC-exclusive, they can now finally devote the effort necessary to making sure the game runs as well as it should have from the start.

True... But I'm still saying wait to be seen, even if it was created for multiplatform play doesn't mean you can't optimize your engine to work across various platforms (PSOGC still suffered from framedrops as well...and that was made with just more visual parity then the DC versions).

PepperCat
May 14, 2011, 05:59 PM
You can still apply for the alpha??? o.O

Keilyn
May 14, 2011, 06:08 PM
It will require a new PC for many or at least a video card upgrade specially when Expansions come along. The minimum requirements for the game themselves will force people into upgrading operating systems and other hardware..

But its not as expensive as previous generations. Today one could build a $600 - $700 budget PC and get a decent framerate at 1920x1080 resolution.

moorebounce
Jun 21, 2011, 03:49 PM
This needs to be stickied for late comers.

RemiusTA
Jun 21, 2011, 06:32 PM
most people who pay attention knows it's PC only.

It will not stop them from making topics about it, though.

Asking Alexandria
Jun 21, 2011, 07:12 PM
i'd much rather have it on a console, but if it really is for pc then they lost a big amount of $$$

Nitro Vordex
Jun 21, 2011, 07:25 PM
i'd much rather have it on a console, but if it really is for pc then they lost a big amount of $$$
And here comes the arguments.

moorebounce
Jun 21, 2011, 09:10 PM
most people who pay attention knows it's PC only.

It will not stop them from making topics about it, though.

It's actually for more than that. You have a lot of people watching the video and assuming what they didn't see in the video won't be in the game. Plus you have people thinking it's in alpha stage when it's not just to name a couple reasons.

RemiusTA
Jun 21, 2011, 09:44 PM
It's actually for more than that. You have a lot of people watching the video and assuming what they didn't see in the video won't be in the game. Plus you have people thinking it's in alpha stage when it's not just to name a couple reasons.

This topic alone pretty much dismisses any hope of this game ending up on another platform.

The state of the game doesn't really matter. They're calling it alpha for a reason -- it isnt in a position where they'd show the game without it being in alpha.

FYI, you can be working on a game for 3 years and still have it in Alpha stage. It's not only what they call it, but what they're doing with it. For the purpose of this Alpha Test, we might as well go with the flow and call it Alpha....and thats what they're calling it, so there really isn't much debate there.

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2011, 04:44 AM
I still don't get why people are looking for a way to argue about how much is going to be in the alpha anyway. We'll see it when it's released.

I mean sure there's arguments about EVERYTHING else we won't know yet. But this just seems extra stupid. I'll wait to be disappointed when I'm finally disappointed by any future info given to u-I mean japanese players, then pretending it was for us.