PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Kerelon
May 6, 2011, 06:03 PM
Okay, I am intending on starting my own fanfic series with some of my PSO characters, but there are a few things I need some clearing up on. I understand there is a lot of imagination in the stories I've seen, and trust me, imagination is something I have reliably. But my primary question was if there were any online influences that I should include in my stories. Since I've never been online myself, I would like to know if there was anything I could take from there. Oh, and just as a little teaser of things to come, there are gonna be four primary characters =)

As another quick point, if this is in the wrong section, please be sure to let me know so I can remove it and repost it into the right section

Sayara
May 6, 2011, 07:26 PM
You can experience these ideas from just viewing videos of the online gameplay. You honestly don't miss too much that make up for storyline purposes. If you played single mode you can pretty much adapt to anything you'd desire to

Raikomaru
May 6, 2011, 07:44 PM
Adult fanfic about Tyrell and Bernie, please.

Kerelon
May 6, 2011, 07:50 PM
You can experience these ideas from just viewing videos of the online gameplay. You honestly don't miss too much that make up for storyline purposes. If you played single mode you can pretty much adapt to anything you'd desire to

Thanks for informing me of that =) Storywise, I would've made something up anyway, but I wanted to get some more ideas about layouts for Pioneer 2. But to be honest, I suppose I can leave that part to my imagination, since Pioneer 2 is pretty big :-P

Sayara
May 6, 2011, 08:07 PM
Online-> Offline pioneer 2 is the same, I'd imagine.

CupOfCoffee
May 6, 2011, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty certain the only areas you can't see without going online are the lobbies, which are mostly a necessary gameplay mechanic and don't hold any storyline importance, so I think you're set. There are some online-only quests, but they're all still set in the areas you've come to know and love/loathe from offline mode.

Happy writing!

McLaughlin
May 6, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty certain the only areas you can't see without going online are the lobbies, which are mostly a necessary gameplay mechanic and don't hold any storyline importance, so I think you're set. There are some online-only quests, but they're all still set in the areas you've come to know and love/loathe from offline mode.

Happy writing!

Can you get at the towers in Episode 2 offline? The only way I remember being able to get there is through the Endless Nightmare quests.

CupOfCoffee
May 6, 2011, 08:37 PM
Ahh, I forgot about the towers! I think you actually could play them in offline if you had this weird rerelease of PSO EP1&2 for GC that was called PSO Plus or something like that, but otherwise, you're right, those were online only.

Kerelon
May 7, 2011, 11:12 AM
okay, thank you everyone =) This should be enough to get me going now

Big edit: Okay, I've now created the first chapter of my Phantasy Star series of fanfics. These first four stories are going to be part of a set called Echoes of the Past, and each story will focus on past events for each main character. The first will be my HUcaseal, Sylina, as she is activated for the first time and goes on her first mission. However, I need to know how and where to submit my fanfics. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?