PDA

View Full Version : About Shop Prices

Atemisc
May 9, 2011, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if I'm coming out on top or not. I've been selling all the random smaller items I don't want that I've been getting from missions, like the cheap synthesis items you can find in the NPC stores. So if it costs 100 meseta there, I've been selling it for 50 to 80. But is that a good idea? I see all kinds of other player shops with the same cheap items for 1,000+ meseta. Am I stabbing myself in the foot? Are people actually buying things for way more than they can be bought in the NPC shops? Because that just seems odd to me. Should I raise my prices for the cheap items a bit? I know if it was me looking for the best prices, I'd go to an NPC shop and buy it cheap before I bought it in a player store for so much more. It's just weird to me. So should I raise it or should I keep my lower prices?

ThePendragon
May 9, 2011, 02:39 PM
You should base your prices based on player shops. In this case, if it's higher than NPC's then you have some leeway. Price yourself in between and people will likely buy from you and very fast. A lot of people don't ever bother with NPC shops for Synth items.

Atemisc
May 9, 2011, 02:53 PM
Well then that would basically mean you could buy from the NPC shops and sell in your own for a minor profit. See, that's what I don't get. Just seems so weird to me that someone would buy an item from a player for 1000 when they can get it at an NPC store for 100. But hey, I'm not gonna' complain. If they wanna' buy for more, I guess I'll sell for more. Alright then. Thanks. Now I'll have to decide on my prices.

Hatashi
May 9, 2011, 03:04 PM
Most folks it would seem, are not familiar with the synthesis shops enough to know that the material they're looking for is being sold there for much cheaper.

So of course, they would look in player shops because they know they're being sold there, and for what seem like reasonable prices.

Atemisc
May 9, 2011, 03:07 PM
Well, if they can't explore NPC shops, not my loss, I suppose. All I know is that I'm not making much money from my shop right now, so I need to up the prices. Going through all the NPC shop prices right now and I'll go through multiple player shops afterwards to compare them so I can come up with good prices. = 3

Mystic_Nessly
May 9, 2011, 05:14 PM
Yea, some people aren't keen on NPC shop prices. Just go ahead and list at a higher price if you're not making any money. If they don't sell, set'em cheaper.

IF you're clever, you can find some cheap stuff in player shops that you can resell to NPC for more money. It can take time though.
:P

Atemisc
May 9, 2011, 06:20 PM
Well, I seem to be doing well now that I've upped the prices.
Quick question, though. Is Stateria Figure actually worth 1 mil? I don't know if it's priced too high or if people just aren't interested in it. But it's been sitting in there for a week, so yeah. lol