PDA

View Full Version : Whould you like to see player 'Shops' return to PSO 2?

pionear
May 10, 2011, 03:56 PM
Would you? I thought they were fun to run in the PSU series.

BIG OLAF
May 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, of course.

Tetsaru
May 10, 2011, 04:02 PM
Oh, definitely. That was one of the few cool things about PSU.

I just hope meseta and certain rares don't become so common that they become worthless, though. People being able to have multiple stacks of meseta was ridiculous, imo.

Blueblur
May 10, 2011, 05:05 PM
No thanks. I never felt that the economy was any good in PSU. I prefer the PSO and Portable games were Meseta wasn't really important because enemies actually dropped decent items. I expect player shops to appear in PSO 2 though. Oh well.

r00tabaga
May 10, 2011, 05:36 PM
I hope not. It felt creepy going to people's rooms when they weren't there. I would rather sell/trade the old fashion way.

Rosaria
May 10, 2011, 05:38 PM
No, trade rooms were amazing.

RemiusTA
May 10, 2011, 05:41 PM
Yes, most definately bring back MyRoom and the player shops that were included in them. They worked amazingly well. PSU's search function for items you were looking for, especially weapons, was superb.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2011, 06:35 PM
It felt creepy going to people's rooms when they weren't there.

You're...kidding right? I can think of a trillion things to call creepy...and entering someones digital room when they're not there can not be one of them...That's like saying it's creepy to go into your little brother's room.

and you COULD trade the "old fashioned way" and you could even lock your room if you didn't want people in it @_@

r00tabaga
May 10, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'd rather have trade rooms. And yes, some rooms were creepy. Watching people try & digitally hump my leg while I searched a weapon was awful.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2011, 07:18 PM
I'd rather have trade rooms. And yes, some rooms were creepy. Watching people try & digitally hump my leg while I searched a weapon was awful.

/facedesk

Now you're just making excuses...

Also I feel sorry for anyone bothered by being E-humped. >_>;;;

r00tabaga
May 10, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hey if that's your thing, who am I to say it's wrong.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2011, 07:28 PM
Now if watching pixels rubs together bugs you that much, that'd explain why you're so paranoid of bikinis. :0

yoshiblue
May 10, 2011, 07:31 PM
Maybe its a "Hey! How can I focus if i'm starring at you!" type of thing.

r00tabaga
May 10, 2011, 07:36 PM
I will not be in a party with anyone in Rappy Suits or bikinis. They make other games for that.
I think it's scary that players eHumping other players is thrilling to you. Were you one of the guys making "looking for girls" rooms in Pspo2?

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 07:38 PM
I dunno, I'm kinda bothered by it too. It's not the visual part that bothers me, it's trying to figure out what kind of sicko is on the other end. Like who gets a charge out of that? are they just trying to antagonize me? whatever it is I don't want any part of it.

At the same time, I loved rooms and player shops, but I don't know how you can defend people acting insane. it may just be a bunch of pixels but it's still people willfully violating a sense of personal space.

EDIT: I have no problem with the bikinis, I just think there's a place for that stuff. But the purpose of the game though is to have fun. if you find it fun to run around and kill stuff while the character is wearing almost nothing, I don't see a big deal with it. If you're staring at a character like that in the middle of a game, your mind isn't on the game to begin with.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2011, 07:41 PM
I will not be in a party with anyone in Rappy Suits or bikinis. They make other games for that.
I think it's scary that players eHumping other players is thrilling to you. Were you one of the guys making "looking for girls" rooms in Pspo2?

never played pspo2

never said I was thrilled.

I was implying I was mature enough to ignore it. If anything those internet pervert types always looking for cyber love are the ones that take pixels as seriously as you do, from the sounds. :0

r00tabaga
May 10, 2011, 07:51 PM
It's all about atmosphere dude. It is hard for me to feel like I'm hunting mobs of beasts with a dude wearing nothing but a bath towel & Flowens Sword. Or getting ready to take on a dragon with a group of girls in bikinis. Takes away from the aesthetics.
I'm not against shops. It was fun to find meseta there when something sold while I was at work, in my short time w/PSU. I'd rather have trade rooms. More interaction with players that way.

RemiusTA
May 10, 2011, 08:42 PM
I dunno, I'm kinda bothered by it too. It's not the visual part that bothers me, it's trying to figure out what kind of sicko is on the other end. Like who gets a charge out of that? are they just trying to antagonize me? whatever it is I don't want any part of it.
if a character looks sexy in a bikini, then by all means stare and rotate your camera. It's when you can't tell the difference between a real one and a fake one that the problem arises; hence, the "looking for girls" rooms. Or, when you just fail to be able to talk to a real one, hoping they'll be that cliche anime lead who'll fall for your being her BFF and all without making any moves. (which is about 90% sure to net you in the friend zone, unfortunally. Which is SHITFUCK hard to get out of, guys.)

Dunno why people bash people for using female characters. Women are hot -- if it looks like a woman, it's attractive to me. Maybe we just like women more than you do...? :3

As for bikinis and stuff...not really needed. I dont care either way, but honestly, put work into making the outfits look nice in their own rights. The OPTION for bikinis is great, though.

Just no rappy suits. They were hella annoying.

Corey Blue
May 10, 2011, 08:47 PM
It should be a place for all that madness,it's called lobbies or room's.Just leave that shit out of the action please.

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 09:18 PM
if a character looks sexy in a bikini, then by all means stare and rotate your camera. It's when you can't tell the difference between a real one and a fake one that the problem arises; hence, the "looking for girls" rooms. Or, when you just fail to be able to talk to a real one, hoping they'll be that cliche anime lead who'll fall for your being her BFF and all without making any moves. (which is about 90% sure to net you in the friend zone, unfortunally. Which is SHITFUCK hard to get out of, guys.)

Dunno why people bash people for using female characters. Women are hot -- if it looks like a woman, it's attractive to me. Maybe we just like women more than you do...? :3

As for bikinis and stuff...not really needed. I dont care either way, but honestly, put work into making the outfits look nice in their own rights. The OPTION for bikinis is great, though.

Just no rappy suits. They were hella annoying.

I think you misunderstood me again. I use female characters almost exclusively. I was talking about the guys that run up and start humping your face as you sit there.

RemiusTA
May 10, 2011, 09:22 PM
I wasnt really talking to you specifically. I understand that the humping is quite annoying.

But, it's also funny as shit. Ever done it before? (xD) The reactions are ridiculous, especially noting that it's through a videogame. The GUYS on the other end (because most of them are) act like they're actually being violated.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 10, 2011, 09:43 PM
*pokes head in, looks around, sees topic derailed before the end of page one* Good to see some things never change (for better or worse)

And yes, I'd love to see player shops return. Made it much easier to manage your inventory.

*ok continue your pointless debate that has nothing to do with anything ^.- *

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 09:56 PM
technically there's no debating, and it's on topic seeing as we're talking about the bad side to having your own room >_>

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 10, 2011, 10:50 PM
technically there's no debating, and it's on topic seeing as we're talking about the bad side to having your own room >_>

I was actually referring (sarcastically) to the discussion about bikinis and rappy suits. No offense intended.

Palle
May 10, 2011, 11:12 PM
I thought the My Room idea from PSU was alright. They were semi-private decompression chambers for us to hash out our in-jokes and bemoan another round of failed synths.

Personal preference: I'm partial to a simple open market or AH model. Just give me a kiosk to roll up on and let me dig through the sale items listed. No need to tack a storefront onto someone's domicile.

GameKyuubi
May 10, 2011, 11:24 PM
If you have shops, it discourages item-item bartering and ecourages item-meseta purchases. I always liked bartering better so nah.

Seth Astra
May 10, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'd say no. I'd rather have something where a player can set up some sort of bazzar in the lobby. There they could display their stuff, so anyone can see it, but nobody could take it out of the bazzar area (and it would drop automatically if they tried to take it). Instead, they could request a trade (which could be performed right there). Once the two players have agreed to to what is to be traded, the items the selling player recieved drop to the floor in the bazzar area, where they can be picked up or re-traded. IMO, this would be pretty cool.

Zyrusticae
May 11, 2011, 12:09 AM
I'd say no.
That idea requires both players be onlline and active at the same time.

I don't know about you, but personally, I have better things to do with my time than sit in a virtual bazaar waiting for someone to solicit me for items for hours upon hours.

Or sifting through hundreds of players' goods just to find what I want.

Gawd, seriously, wtf? Have you ever played FFXIV? They had this exact system AND IT WAS HORRIBLE. They also had player shops, with no search. That was also completely horrible.

No excuses. Player shops or bust.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 12:17 AM
That idea requires both players be onlline and active at the same time.

I don't know about you, but personally, I have better things to do with my time than sit in a virtual bazaar waiting for someone to solicit me for items for hours upon hours.

Or sifting through hundreds of players' goods just to find what I want.

Gawd, seriously, wtf? Have you ever played FFXIV? They had this exact system AND IT WAS HORRIBLE. They also had player shops, with no search. That was also completely horrible.

No excuses. Player shops or bust.

This, every other mmo in the world had that system, and it's basically just sacraficing time you have have spent playing, just being afk in a shop because you needed money.

Also I hate the look of a bunch of boxes or set up shops just crowding one big laggy area, and going through ALL of the shops only to find everythings overpriced, or you just didn't find what you were looking for.

PSU was just a simple search.

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 12:51 AM
At the same time it might be nice if the shop didn't have to be connected to your room. like if there was a way to lock your room so that people only had access to the shop and couldn't see if you were in your room or see anything you said. I've had to pretend to be afk so many times and almost felt trapped cause I didn't wanna talk to people but didn't want to be rude and tell them to leave.

Kimil Adrayne
May 11, 2011, 01:06 AM
Maybe

Could live without them, easily.

•Col•
May 11, 2011, 02:25 AM
If you have shops, it discourages item-item bartering and ecourages item-meseta purchases. I always liked bartering better so nah.

They could just tweak it so that you can also set up "Looking for..." trade rooms that you can search through much like the player shops. List the item you are looking for, put up the items you're willing to trade for it, and there ya go.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 02:48 AM
I just hope meseta and certain rares don't become so common that they become worthless, though. People being able to have multiple stacks of meseta was ridiculous, imo.
I prefer the PSO and Portable games were Meseta wasn't really important because enemies actually dropped decent items.

This is a really good debate here, this thread has actullay put me on the fence.

And with the revival of Section IDs, the trade rooms might become more important than ever. On the other hand, would having a certain Sec. ID make you poor? Because you first have to find something desirable to sell/trade worth anything. [ex: They release a new rifle that everyone wants but only Greenil and Skyly can find it.]

@r00tabaga and @Michaeru I really enjoyed your back and forth.
My thoughts: If we make a game with rappy-suits/bikinis and the ability to hump one another. Then we gotta realize our clientele will use those functions to annoy one another. It's human nature enabled to the age group that has been targeted. Yeah it's funny, yeah it gets annoying... sometimes you gotta roll with it if you want to continue enoying the game. (Or find a tight group of friend and just roll with them)

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 08:08 AM
@r00tabaga and @Michaeru I really enjoyed your back and forth.
My thoughts: If we make a game with rappy-suits/bikinis and the ability to hump one another. Then we gotta realize our clientele will use those functions to annoy one another. It's human nature enabled to the age group that has been targeted. Yeah it's funny, yeah it gets annoying... sometimes you gotta roll with it if you want to continue enoying the game. (Or find a tight group of friend and just roll with them)

Exactly, for the 14th time, if you don't wanna play with people in bikini and rappy suits because they ruin that atmosphere, then simply don't play with them, the game shouldn't be limit just because a couple of people have bitter specific tastes on what they want to see in their game.

Hell, I thought rappy suits were annoying too, but I probably only partied with players that actually wore them like less than 5 times in the entire 4 years I played PSU...

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 08:33 AM
Its not like they couldn't have some kind of filter though. like a way to make it so that undesirable clothing appeared as character defaults for the sake of people who are easily distracted. If anything I'd be more interested to see them have an "auto mute" or temporarily silence players who spam shouting. I cant tell you how many times I wanted to stay off uni 2 just to avoid that obnoxious sound.

RenzokukenZ
May 11, 2011, 08:36 AM
It's called putting the volume down.

WolfDreamer
May 11, 2011, 08:53 AM
If the search options are as good/better than they were at the end of PSU then I'd love them to bring back player shops. It added a personal touch and a bit of customization that was rather unique, especially when they added the functioning Gacha machines you could put up and stock yourself. As long as they bring back the option to lock your room as well. Maybe add that idea brought up already about adding another "lock" to a player's personal room area if thats brought back.

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 09:03 AM
It's called putting the volume down.

it's not that simple. I liked having the music and the mail notifications. I just didn't like the shouting. I don't see why I should have to disable everything else just to keep people from driving me nuts. Ir's not like I was the only person who was bothered by it, in fact most everyone I knew stayed off of uni 2 and out of populated lobbies cause of that kind of stuff.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 09:20 AM
Player shops kinda negated player trading b/c everyone got what they wanted by buying & selling. Having soooo much meseta made this possible. I like trading better b/c it involves actual social interaction, which is why I play games like PSO in the 1st place.
Getting back to the bikinis.........nevermind, some people obviosly really need them in this game. Arggggh!

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 10:19 AM
I actually think you kind of have to have some an items shop at least. Although if you had a weapons shop that sold weapons that aren't really the best, but are powerful enough to be used at higher levels then you've found a good balance. Same should go for armor shops too.

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
you completely missed the point of the topic

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 11:30 AM
Airball

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 12:23 PM
Getting back to the bikinis.........nevermind, some people obviosly really need them in this game. Arggggh!

Yup. So sorry about that. You won't have to party with me in-game if you don't want to see someone not being super-serious.

Anyway, I'll agree that the gross over-inflation of the PSU economy kind of makes me not want the same type of player shops in PSO2. Maybe SEGA could do something like a barter system. You put an item up in your "shop", and set what item you would want to trade it for. If someone with the item you want comes into your shop and wants the item you have for sale, they can trade it. Kind of like the Wi-Fi trading system in the recent Pokemon games.

Randomness
May 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
Yup. So sorry about that. You won't have to party with me in-game if you don't want to see someone not being super-serious.

Anyway, I'll agree that the gross over-inflation of the PSU economy kind of makes me not want the same type of player shops in PSO2. Maybe SEGA could do something like a barter system. You put an item up in your "shop", and set what item you would want to trade it for. If someone with the item you want comes into your shop and wants the item you have for sale, they can trade it. Kind of like the Wi-Fi trading system in the recent Pokemon games.

This wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Some form of economy that functions without real-time human-to-human interaction should be in place.

PSU's inflation kind of got accelerated by the meseta exploit early on... and eventually meseta drops got out of hand too.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah I liked Pokemon's global trade system, and it would work for PSO2 as long as they kept the PSO style stat restrictions on weapons. I don't want to see low level players running around with godlike weapons just because they got lucky with the trade system. (I'm just mean like that, you gotta earn it)

Has anyone thought about how section IDs will effect trading and economy growth? I understand a few people here haven't played PSO. But if we keep the PSU style rooms/shops and adopt the PSO style Sec. IDs, will the game create a rich and poor society based on random Identification?

landman
May 11, 2011, 01:46 PM
I don't expect PSO2 to take any step back in the series, so yes, I want player shops.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah I liked Pokemon's global trade system, and it would work for PSO2 as long as they kept the PSO style stat restrictions on weapons. I don't want to see low level players running around with godlike weapons just because they got lucky with the trade system. (I'm just mean like that, you gotta earn it)

Has anyone thought about how section IDs will effect trading and economy growth? I understand a few people here haven't played PSO. But if we keep the PSU style rooms/shops and adopt the PSO style Sec. IDs, will the game create a rich and poor society based on random Identification?

Pokemons global trade center was awesome for a week...

But I'm sure theres an easy analogy somewhere for all the junk/cloned/hacked pokemon with unrealistic trade requirements on them in relation to PSO2 items/weapons.

MadDogg
May 11, 2011, 01:59 PM
At the same time it might be nice if the shop didn't have to be connected to your room. like if there was a way to lock your room so that people only had access to the shop and couldn't see if you were in your room or see anything you said. I've had to pretend to be afk so many times and almost felt trapped cause I didn't wanna talk to people but didn't want to be rude and tell them to leave.

Trapped.....? It isn't like people can attack your character or anything, is it really that serious? I mean damn, if you don't want someone to "see" your character, why not just set up shop then leave the room or something? I know some people can be extremely anti-social, but reading this the only thing I can think of is "this is some weird shit".

Anyway, I would love for player ran shops (and customizable rooms) to return. That why its easier to find out a item's worth (just by searching said item and looking at all the prices) instead of being ripped off because of a person being a newbie (like say someone taking a newer player's monkey king bar for only 2 photon drops or something crazy like that).

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 02:13 PM

I will definately NOT be "oracl'ing" with you madame...in all seriousness, good luck with your fashion party...knock 'em dead!

I have no idea how Pokemon's system was (I'm on the wrong side of 30) but it already sounds better than PSU's player shop system.

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
first off there were exploits to attack a person by making the game think the room was theirs so they could raid your common box and access your PM. so thats not true that they couldn't attack you. And its not that I feel trapped like "omg what am I going to do?" just feel like I'm not allowed to be anti-social or ignore someone. call it weird if you want but thats not the kind of person I am. And if I afk for a minute I hate being rude, but people come in and start harassing you for shit and if you happen upon them in a game they'll kick you right as you get the boss or some other bullshit because you weren't overly nice.

So if you think its weird not to want to be a jackass then I don't know what to tell you.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 02:20 PM
...or the trick of placing a room decoration directly on someone & having them get stuck and need to restart their game. Pretty cool, right?

MadDogg
May 11, 2011, 02:27 PM
first off there were exploits to attack a person by making the game think the room was theirs so they could raid your common box and access your PM. so thats not true that they couldn't attack you. And its not that I feel trapped like "omg what am I going to do?" just feel like I'm not allowed to be anti-social or ignore someone. call it weird if you want but thats not the kind of person I am. And if I afk for a minute I hate being rude, but people come in and start harassing you for shit and if you happen upon them in a game they'll kick you right as you get the boss or some other bullshit because you weren't overly nice.

So if you think its weird not to want to be a jackass then I don't know what to tell you.

I see.....my bad then, I didn't experience any of the room bombing shenanigans since I've been on the 360 version of PSU from day 1, and our community was big enough to where I would rarely if ever run into the exact same guy that happened to be in my room out into the game (so they probably wouldn't even remember trying to start a convo with me in particular if I was in the room). I guess it probably was different on the PS2/PC version then.

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 03:28 PM
I have no idea how Pokemon's system was (I'm on the wrong side of 30) but it already sounds better than PSU's player shop system.

Basically, it went like this:

1. You would go to the Wi-Fi "building" in-game and connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi network.

2. You can either:

A. Pick a Pokemon to drop off, and then pick the conditions for trade. Let's say you drop off a Level 10 Squirtle. You want to trade for a level 10 Charmander. If someone with a Level 10 Charmander sees your offer of a Level 10 Squirtle, and decide they want to trade for it, they send you their Charmander, and receive your Squirtle.

B. You can look through the available trades via a search function, and basically be the "Charmander owner" from example "A".

3. If a trade occurs while you're offline, you'll receive your new Pokemon the next time you connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi network.

So, I think they should do that for PSO2, but replace the word "Pokemon" with "weapon/armor/item/etc.". Oh, and no need to "connect" to a separate trading network. That would obviously be wasteful.

RemiusTA
May 11, 2011, 03:35 PM

These things almost rarely ever happened to me. And the common box hacking was quite uncommon in itself.

What's with you guys? Maybe it was just me, but i rarely ever ran upon boss box kickers or room spammers, and i was quite social while playing PSU.

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 03:40 PM
just bad luck I guess

yoshiblue
May 11, 2011, 03:48 PM
Basically, it went like this:

1. You would go to the Wi-Fi "building" in-game and connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi network.

2. You can either:

A. Pick a Pokemon to drop off, and then pick the conditions for trade. Let's say you drop off a Level 10 Squirtle. You want to trade for a level 10 Charmander. If someone with a Level 10 Charmander sees your offer of a Level 10 Squirtle, and decide they want to trade for it, they send you their Charmander, and receive your Squirtle.

B. You can look through the available trades via a search function, and basically be the "Charmander owner" from example "A".

3. If a trade occurs while you're offline, you'll receive your new Pokemon the next time you connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi network.

So, I think they should do that for PSO2, but replace the word "Pokemon" with "weapon/armor/item/etc.". Oh, and no need to "connect" to a separate trading network. That would obviously be wasteful.

The only thing i didn't like about it was that you had to have already seen the poke'mon in order to get what you want. Hard to complete your poke'dex with these limits. That and ridiculous conditions some people come up with lol.

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 03:53 PM
The only thing i didn't like about it was that you had to have already seen the poke'mon in order to get what you want. Hard to complete your poke'dex with these limits. That and ridiculous conditions some people come up with lol.

I agree the whole "you have to have seen the Pokemon first" thing was dumb. As for the ridiculous conditions, I blame the little kids that play Pokemon games, and think those kinds of trades are perfectly acceptable.

Galax
May 11, 2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't mind shops, but I actually liked trade rooms. If you were waiting on people to join the room, you fed your mag, shop piped, or did Forest/Seaside/whatever to pass the time. It's really not that different from putting an item up for sale, then leaving to pass the time doing runs.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't mind shops, but I actually liked trade rooms. If you were waiting on people to join the room, you fed your mag, shop piped, or did Forest/Seaside/whatever to pass the time. It's really not that different from putting an item up for sale, then leaving to pass the time doing runs.

Thank you Galex. Finallysomeone agrees with me. Shops are lazy.

ChronoTrigga
May 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
No, I'd rather see a market setup similiar to Final Fantasy XI's bazaar and/or Ragnarok Online's merchant system. :)

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 07:27 PM
I never played those games. What I can tell is that (both good & bad) this community is torn & 1/2 will be pissed no matter what they do. It makes me wish they made sequels for both PSO & PSU, that way everyone would be happy and some would like both. Making this a hybrid of PSZ-PSO-PSU-etc is fine but few will be 100% happy.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 07:29 PM
I never played those games. What I can tell is that (both good & bad) this community is torn & 1/2 will be pissed no matter what they do. It makes me wish they made sequels for both PSO & PSU, that way everyone would be happy and some would like both. Making this a hybrid of PSZ-PSO-PSU-etc is fine but few will be 100% happy.
They did make a PSU sequel it's called Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinty.

Vashyron
May 11, 2011, 08:58 PM
Player shops.... heck yes?

Sord
May 11, 2011, 09:07 PM
I definitely want player shops. Relying on forum boards, run-ins, and standing around shouting what you had in order to get a trade in the past was very annoying. Also, PSU had a shitty economy, but that had a lot more to do with the way Sega kept handling it's rare give outs and events and what have you, as well as just players themselves. Also, I personally felt PSO kinda sucked because meseta was worthless. You either had to have what the other person wanted to trade or you were shit out of luck. People started trading for photon drops and crap to compensate. Even if it's a bad one, it seems simple human nature to start an economy, because no one wants 0% chance of getting something (unless they don't care about it, obviously) because you don't have something to trade vs. getting something even if you have to grind for it. There isn't anything inherently wrong with a shop. Nearly all MMOs have some form of one now, even if it's just an auction house or something. I would be very surprised if shops didn't make a come back.

Preferably I don't want to have to warp to someone else's room just to buy the stuff. I don't really care who comes in my room and does whatever there, but sometimes I just don't want to jump through umpteen loading screens to gather a various assortment of items from multiple different shops. I'd rather just be able to open my own personal console in my room, and search and buy straight from there.

Though I must admit to having a guilty pleasure of making the PSU parrots say odd things to their owners :wacko:

Tetsaru
May 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
No, I'd rather see a market setup similiar to Final Fantasy XI's bazaar and/or Ragnarok Online's merchant system. :)

I never played those games.

I haven't played Ragnarok Online, but FFXI's auction house, (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Auction_House) from what I remember, was like this:

Multiple Auction Houses were located in each of the 4 nations (San d'oria, Bastok, Windurst, and Jeuno). Players could choose to place their own items up for bid, or browse items by category to bid on them. You could also view a history of winning bids on an item, as well as (iirc) who bought and sold the item.

For stackable items, you could either place a single item up for bid, or a full stack. Weapons, armor, and other similar items are placed individually. Items with an "Ex" tag (exclusive/account bound) could not be placed in the Auction House. Also, the items in the Auction Houses of one nation cannot be accessed from another nation's Auction Houses, but multiple Auction Houses in the same nation are shared. As such, it might be necessary to travel to each nation to see if they have the items you need, or you could use sites like this one. (http://www.ffxiah.com/)

When placing an item up for bid, you would set the price you desired to sell the item for. You would also have to pay a fee based on a percentage of the price you set, as well as what nation you were in (iirc, Jeuno had a higher tax because it was in a more centralized, accessible location than the other nations). So basically, the more money you wanted, the more you'd also have to pay to put it up for auction. Also, the item would only stay in the auction house for a certain period of time (I think it was several days) before returning to your Mog House (the equivalent of PSU's My Room) through a delivery system, so if you set a price that was too high, you'd only end up losing money instead due to the tax. Because of this, it's wise to check the winning bid history on the items you're trying to sell first, and try to keep your asking price as close to that as possible. Not surprisingly, it also caused many players to set up a "black market" just outside the city limits where they would go afk and bazaar their own items to avoid the tax (basically like player shops, but without the search functions, and you had to check each player individually to see what they were selling). Finally, there was a limit to how many items you could have up in the Auction House at once (iirc, it was 8 ).

When bidding for items, the prices that were set for them are hidden from view. You can place a bid on an item as high or as low as you want, as many times as you want, whenever you want, as long as there is at least one copy of that item in the Auction House and as long as you have enough money to pay for the item you're bidding on. If your bid is greater than or equal to the asking price of the item, then the item is sold to you, and whatever bid you made is deducted from your funds and delivered to the previous owner's Mog House for them to collect. Also, if multiple items of the same kind are in the Auction House, the one with the lowest asking price is sold off first. Then, if there are multiples of the same item with the same asking price, the one that was put up for auction the earliest is sold off first.

lostinseganet
May 14, 2011, 09:55 AM
The prices were too insane. So I vote no so that people can find their stuff. People should be able to trade on to one to prevent problems that happened in pso.

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 12:50 PM
the way you fix that is have it so you can see what the average price of an item is when you try to post it and an npc price if you can buy it from an NPC. that way people don't just charge what they wanna charge and there's a sense of competition so people can actively try to undercut eachother.

it wouldn't be perfect but a lot of the pricing bullshit would go away.

Sord
May 14, 2011, 01:01 PM
the way you fix that is have it so you can see what the average price of an item is when you try to post it and an npc price if you can buy it from an NPC. that way people don't just charge what they wanna charge and there's a sense of competition so people can actively try to undercut eachother.

it wouldn't be perfect but a lot of the pricing bullshit would go away.

That was more or less what PSU player shops did though. It would always give us a list of an item we were looking for and the given prices. It's true that NPC price wasn't in there but after a point you're using straight rares and the only player shop thing you did was clothing and consumables. To be fair, it wasn't the fault of the system, it was the fault of the player base.

People would just abuse the shit out of things. Like when Shato's came out as an item only receivable via MAG or whatever event it was. As soon as the event ended, prices almost immediately skyrocketed when they were cheap as shit before, because people knew that there was now a limited supply and they were gonna abuse the hell out of it. People would deliberately farm the shit out of event items just to turn it around and sell it like that to make a profit, which screwed over anyone not around for the event. There was also that Gotcha (or whatever it was called) machine abuse, where you could get it to display a price outside the window, and people would get some chump items for millions of meseta. The bad economy wasn't technically the fault of the shops, it was a greedy fucking playerbase >:U

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 01:06 PM
That was more or less what PSU player shops did though. It would always give us a list of an item we were looking for and the given prices. It's true that NPC price wasn't in there but after a point you're using straight rares and the only player shop thing you did was clothing and consumables. To be fair, it wasn't the fault of the system, it was the fault of the player base.

People would just abuse the shit out of things. Like when Shato's came out as an item only receivable via MAG or whatever event it was. As soon as the event ended, prices almost immediately skyrocketed when they were cheap as shit before, because people knew that there was now a limited supply and they were gonna abuse the hell out of it. People would deliberately farm the shit out of event items just to turn it around and sell it like that to make a profit, which screwed over anyone not around for the event. There was also that Gotcha (or whatever it was called) machine abuse, where you could get it to display a price outside the window, and people would get some chump items for millions of meseta. The bad economy wasn't technically the fault of the shops, it was a greedy fucking playerbase >:U

You're not understanding. I played PSU extensively. I'm well aware what was wrong with it.

I'm saying when you post an item: all of that info should be plainly visible to you while you're posting so you see right as you're setting prices what your competition is rather than having to go seek it out. most people were too stupid to think to look it up themselves or knew how to use the search system. This circumvents all that.

Bayi
May 23, 2011, 01:19 AM
No. I think a 'request wall' would be better. You put a request on a broadcast hologram wall for a particular weapon with particular stats and an individual with the weapon or item you want (only if they have that weapon/item) can respond to you by shipping the weapon/item they have to your check room, you can evaluate said weapon's stats and if you like them, the offer of meseta for which you requested can be sent to your seller, or you can deny the weapon if you do not want it, and it will be sent back to the original owner.

You can check and search this wall for particular offers and if you see one you want, you can put in the meseta you wish for the weapon you're trying to purchase from a seller as well.

Being able to set the particular stats you're looking for so people just don't offer you any old 'Lavis Cannon' would be good too, such as a request for a Lavis Cannon with 20% hit is the only offer you wish for, and therefore the only offer you'll get. Or you're selling a Lavis Cannon for 20 million meseta and will only accept offers of 20 million--this prevents immature individuals from trying to swindle a lower price or bother you with offers of 1 meseta.

I personally would imagine this 'wall' to be a lot like a stock market. Showing how many of what item or weapon is in the highest demand, the average it's bought/sold for, how many were sold in 'x' amount of time or 'x' days, what percentage of weapons have 'x' amount of Hit etc...

It gives the game that original PSO aspect of trading with the versatility of PSU's MyRoom. It's just an idea but I wouldn't be hurt if MyRoom returned with personalised shops--I'd just rather something less impersonal. With all of those LEDs and holograms written in the Phantasy Star text, it may as well display something useful, right?

That, and the being e-humped in your room by some freak trying to buy a Psycho Wand off you would be really strange. But yeah, I'd rather there not be player shops; I've never liked the concept of those things.

Demon-
May 23, 2011, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I loved My Room and the player shop add on. It was how I made most my money on PSU.