PDA

View Full Version : PSU2???

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 06:36 PM
Hey there PSO phans, I'm startimg this thread b/c Skye-Fox713 just made a good point...look closely at all of the pics & also the beginning part of the hi-res video & you can see that the section ID for the HUmar is really nothing more than the "Oracl star emblem". I was actually wondering why there weren't more characters in the video wearing section IDs, at least not as prominently as all of the PSO classes used to. It's just a homage to the section IDs of PSO. This might be more like PSU2 than I had hoped for.

...getting prepared for the NO MAG news next...

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 06:53 PM
I think that will tie into the daily job life thing feature. Just some sort of ID badge saying that you work for them and they bought/made that fancy suit you're wearing.

•Col•
May 11, 2011, 06:54 PM
Uh.........Okay?

ChronoTrigga
May 11, 2011, 06:57 PM
Any mention of PSU2 deserves a restraining order on this forum. PSO2 or GTFO2.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 06:59 PM
/facepalm

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 07:00 PM
Not having section IDs will suck, especially for a game that has "PSO" in it! It's part of what made the game so good. I will officially call this game PSU2 on here if they strip PSO2 of MAGs next.

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 07:00 PM
I won't be sad if neither Section IDs nor Mags are included. It's all good with me.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 07:08 PM
Not having section IDs will suck, especially for a game that has "PSO" in it! It's part of what made the game so good. I will officially call this game PSU2 on here if they strip PSO2 of MAGs next.
Sheeeez It's not like they have to remake the entire PSO series with better graphics. Here's what you'd being hearing after a month or two if they did. Guy1: Hey Guy 2 do you want to go beat up the monsters in ruins? Guy2: Nah I did enough of that in the original PSO game. In fact why did I even buy this game? Guy1: Because it said PSO2 on the front not remastered version of PSO and you were expecting it to be DIFFERENT. Guy2: oh yeah that's right. HMMM Oh yay I can still return it it's been less than a month since I bought it from Gamestop. See ya I'm off to go return this peice of junk to the store.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 07:10 PM
You never played PSO & don't know what we're talking about.

•Col•
May 11, 2011, 07:20 PM

I didn't give a **** about Section IDs in PSO, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Mags are a different story, but they're still not a deal breaker for me.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 07:23 PM
Secion ID's promote trading..........period, and they're hella cool.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 07:26 PM
And change is good I haven't even gotten the purpose of those silly things yet all I can gather is to make more permutations and to give players a lot of grief by making it harder to get all of the items. By the way Mags were in the PSU series in a way aka. tech/R-mags.

Mike
May 11, 2011, 07:32 PM
By the way Mags were in the PSU series in a way aka. tech/R-mags.
Those aren't really mags. Those are previously existing weaponry renamed for some strange, likely nostaglic, purpose. PSO mags made appearances as these weapons but they function completely differently.

Section IDs can take a hike though.

•Col•
May 11, 2011, 07:32 PM

There's other, better ways to promote training, lol. And I don't really see what's "cool" about Section IDs... o.O

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 07:33 PM
Not even close. MAGs are MAGs and RCMs are RCMs. It sounds confusing, but there not even in the same ballpark. MAGs gave you a special Photon Blast, some could revive you, you built them to suit your style and give you stat increases, they were basically your best friend.

Nitro Vordex
May 11, 2011, 07:36 PM
I vote this guy doesn't represent the PSO community, because he said hella cool.

Oh and all the inflammatory stuff he said too.

In this topic, umad?

Orange_Coconut
May 11, 2011, 07:36 PM
All right, as someone who has played PSO thoroughly, I will say that this thread seems like it's making very wild speculations. Regardless of the emblem on the character's chest and what it means, it doesn't mean there won't be Section IDs or the possibility of something similar.

Even if Section IDs are completely out of the picture, they weren't the defining aspect of PSO as a game. Sure, if you look at it mechanically in regard to drop rates they may seem that way, but the race/class system, MAGs, atmosphere, as well as other technical aspects regarding equipment, techs, and challenge mode.

Has anyone here heard of the term "slippery slope"? Because that's what this thread seems like it's already starting to engender. Also, this thread did not have to go down the route of personal insults either. That being said, I don't see the rest of this discussion going anywhere positive as the connotation of the original post as well as the reactions displayed seem to indicate that serious discussion of the issue will be unlikely to occur.

It's understandable that people have legitimate worries about how PSO2 will turn out, but there is still too much to be announced to have definitive answers from the few screenshots and the one video released.

What would be the pros/cons of having Section IDs if they were to return? Perhaps it would be more useful to make a lists to compare with fellow PSOWers and see what matches up among them; discussion from that point would be doable. Of course, defining what the Section IDs mean would also be an important factor in that analysis, so without any information about how they might act if they're in PSO2, one can only assume that they work similarly to how they did in PSO.

My personal point of view on Section IDs is that they allow for variability. Having a Section ID that meshed with your character's play-style was fun, in my opinion. As I mentioned in another thread, however, the Section IDs were all but fair in their original form. Some IDs seemed vastly superior to others and if PSO2 went down the route of including Section IDs again I believe they should be changed a bit.

For one, I don't think they should be split up according to weapon types. I say this because, at least in PSO, certain weapon types were far better than others. Partisans were rarely used, daggers were seen as useless compared to other 2x3-combo weapons, and slicers were not usually a primary pick either. I say this from my personal experience, of course, and if anyone has a counterpoint then feel free to express yourself.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 07:39 PM
I respect your opinion Mike about IDs, but it at least made hunting for rares more exciting. It was fun to find out what you could find b/c you were an Oran & others would trade with you just b/c you could find things that they couldn't. I would miss MAGs more than IDs or telepipes but they should all be included to some degree IMO/

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 07:42 PM
I vote this guy doesn't represent the PSO community, because he said hella cool.

Oh and all the inflammatory stuff he said too.

In this topic, umad?

rotflcopter

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 07:46 PM
All right, as someone who has played PSO thoroughly, I will say that this thread seems like it's making very wild speculations. Regardless of the emblem on the character's chest and what it means, it doesn't mean there won't be Section IDs or the possibility of something similar.

Even if Section IDs are completely out of the picture, they weren't the defining aspect of PSO as a game. Sure, if you look at it mechanically in regard to drop rates they may seem that way, but the race/class system, MAGs, atmosphere, as well as other technical aspects regarding equipment, techs, and challenge mode.

Has anyone here heard of the term "slippery slope"? Because that's what this thread seems like it's already starting to engender. Also, this thread did not have to go down the route of personal insults either. That being said, I don't see the rest of this discussion going anywhere positive as the connotation of the original post as well as the reactions displayed seem to indicate that serious discussion of the issue will be unlikely to occur.

It's understandable that people have legitimate worries about how PSO2 will turn out, but there is still too much to be announced to have definitive answers from the few screenshots and the one video released.

What would be the pros/cons of having Section IDs if they were to return? Perhaps it would be more useful to make a lists to compare with fellow PSOWers and see what matches up among them; discussion from that point would be doable. Of course, defining what the Section IDs mean would also be an important factor in that analysis, so without any information about how they might act if they're in PSO2, one can only assume that they work similarly to how they did in PSO.

My personal point of view on Section IDs is that they allow for variability. Having a Section ID that meshed with your character's play-style was fun, in my opinion. As I mentioned in another thread, however, the Section IDs were all but fair in their original form. Some IDs seemed vastly superior to others and if PSO2 went down the route of including Section IDs again I believe they should be changed a bit.

For one, I don't think they should be split up according to weapon types. I say this because, at least in PSO, certain weapon types were far better than others. Partisans were rarely used, daggers were seen as useless compared to other 2x3-combo weapons, and slicers were not usually a primary pick either. I say this from my personal experience, of course, and if anyone has a counterpoint then feel free to express yourself.
Exactly I think. Any ways all section IDs did was make the game harder and promote free servers so you could benefit from certain features of them(increased drop rates, trading social interaction, & etc. ) as far as I'm concerned they should just do away with section IDs, because they are about as useful as a donkey's gassy rear end in your face.

I would miss MAGs more than IDs or telepipes but they should all be included to some degree IMO/

If they don't have telepipes then you should be mad IDs stink MAGs were nice by the way how did you get one to revive you? I've fed mine quite a few times and have a basic photon blast now.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 07:49 PM
I get the point r00tabaga is making, even though his motive may be designed to invoke strong reactions from us.

I get it--> if it's not PSO2 then don't label it PSO2. It might make some of us feel like we a being played by Sega (not that, that has ever happened before :-P).

PSU was a completely different game from PSO both fun in their own way (*oh gawd not another debate on this*). Hear me out; If PSO2 is supposed to "bridge the gap" between PSU and PSO -and they are completely different games- then that should tell you what PSO2 really is.:-o

Vashyron
May 11, 2011, 07:53 PM
Only the symbol being the Arks star made you realize this? How about everyone else not even having a "ID" Space?

I'll be quite happy if they're gonna actually. On mags though I can safely say they will be in, as how they were in PSO or as weapons like PSU, who knows?

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 08:10 PM
Only the symbol being the Arks star made you realize this? How about everyone else not even having a "ID" Space?

I'll be quite happy if they're gonna actually. On mags though I can safely say they will be in, as how they were in PSO or as weapons like PSU, who knows?

"How about everyone else not even having a "ID" Space?" Actually, I already said that earlier in this thread. Up until today everyone expected that IDs were in. How can you say that Mags will be in when nobody has seen them? You can safely say this but you are calling me out for what I see???

Palle
May 11, 2011, 08:12 PM
Mike, fifty bucks if you lock this whole subforum until the next official announcement. Just throwin' it out there.

Malachite
May 11, 2011, 08:15 PM
I have never seen a more stupid topic on this site.

Either r00t is a troll, or just not very bright.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 08:16 PM

For once I think we are actually in agreement for once.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 08:17 PM
Slow news night. This is kinda what forums are for anyways. People will always like to debate and speculate. We got a teaser trailer & all we've done is assume. I just thought that I'd point out to people that thought for sure they saw section IDs, when in fact it was just cosmetic & not section IDs at all.
sORRY IF i'M HIGH StRUNG ThIS EVEnING....

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 08:17 PM
Mike, fifty bucks if you lock this whole subforum until the next official announcement. Just throwin' it out there.

As much as I like talking about PSO2...this isn't a HORRIBLE idea...even if it's only once...

But I doubt that'd calm down PSO2 hype or anything to the point where it's instantly "problem solved" if anything it would probably make modding harder if PSO2 threads/off-topic posts started bombing every other section...

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 08:19 PM

You are always looking for a fight. Who are you? You escalate everything & don't know how to actually communicate with anyone.

Malachite
May 11, 2011, 08:22 PM
So says the guy who made a topic just to get people goin', lol.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 08:26 PM
People added their two cents. I'm still waiting for a educated response from you. You never really impress me w/anything but cheap threats & not so clever quips.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 08:29 PM
I wasn't even trying to rile any of you up...I just don't think this game is gonna be as PSO as some of the "purists" had longed for.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
When you're done not thinking about your double post, here's an big hint to why your thread is bad.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187351

Also notice the thread being locked.

Malachite
May 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
...Threats? I've threatened you somehow? Where, when?

Kid, I'm not trying to argue with you, or impress you lol. Just calling out stupid things as I see them.

You seem to be the one gettin' all uppity, lookin' to fight.

Nitro Vordex
May 11, 2011, 08:32 PM
Oh go me for having the wrong tab open. Hurr durr.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 08:33 PM
When you're done not thinking about your double post, here's an big hint to why your thread is bad.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187351

Also notice the thread being locked.

Double post? That wasn't even my topic. That was PSO4life.

Vashyron
May 11, 2011, 08:35 PM
"How about everyone else not even having a "ID" Space?" Actually, I already said that earlier in this thread. Up until today everyone expected that IDs were in. How can you say that Mags will be in when nobody has seen them? You can safely say this but you are calling me out for what I see???

Not even close with everyone expected IDs until today.

How I can say Mags are safely in? They are trying to please PSO fans, if they gave into peoples wants for Mags in PSU AOTI, I find it VERY unlikely they won't do the same for PSO2.

Sord
May 11, 2011, 08:35 PM
Personally, I'd be happy if they dropped section IDs, at the very least if they keep them they should definitely incorporate some changes.

For starters, there was the fact that it was tied to your name based on a calculator system, which was annoying and tedious because if you wanted a certain Section ID you'd have to alter a desirable name sometimes in order to do so. I really doubt Sega will do that again, because one thing PSU did was encourage you to play with whatever look and style you wanted. We didn't have to bother with armor equips BS and have everyone at X level wearing the same Y armor pieces like every other classic MMO. They just made a line shield that only mildy affected what you were wearing and called it a day. That was great, because everyone in the same level could look very different and the way they wanted, and I think Sega has picked up that people like more freedom of style over limitation of it.

Second, you (r00tabaga) might have liked it, but I did not like having my weapons drops tied to preordained calculator based IDs. This meant in order to get some weapons, if I didn't want to or could not trade for something, I would be forced to make yet another character, fiddle with the names again, and then level up to vhard or ultimate to start getting what I wanted. That made the game tedious and boring, because if you didn't like other play styles you either A. played the same damn character type again which made things repetitive or B. chose a character type you didn't like as much or didn't really want to further much and you just don't feel the synergy with that character. If you like playing multiple styles or characters, that's great, but not everyone is like that. Even if we were allowed to just choose a color at the beginning this time, I'd still find it more of an annoying and tedious thing to work around. Then there's also the 4 person character limit vs 10 IDs.

Third, it didn't really encourage trade that much back on PSO, because one of the wonderful things PSU had and most modern MMOs have that PSO didn't was a way to search all the player shops (as well as the shops just existing in the first place.) Instead you were left to hopefully get a hold of someone on a forum or bump into someone that had what you wanted. It might encourage trade now with in game shops and searches in place, but it actually made things far more annoying back in the old PSO days. Plus there was the dupe/hacks which got abused to hell and back and kinda killed rarities and trade in the first place.

Fourth, your mag evolution was tied to it, so if you wanted one type and the evolution path didn't work out for it, to bad. Had to make another character or give it to a friend and sit there and cram it's throat full of shit until it finely turned out the way you wanted. It would be one thing if you had to go through this process just for the special mags, but all basic mags were affected by this. So it didn't even feel that special after all that extra work because several other John Does with the right ID type had them floating around as well.

I'm not a 100% positive about this as I never looked it up to confirm it way back when, but I think it also affected your map layouts. If that is the case, that was dumb, because I'd much rather run a constantly randomized dungeon than the same thing over and over again.

Furthermore, you (r00tabaga) may have let it be a surprise what items you get from it, but most mid to end game MMOers don't want surprise shit. Everyone starts looking up what spawns drop what where and how often. PSO-World didn't just grow on it's forum fanbase, we have a freaking huge item/drop/guide database that pretty much trumped the shit out of everywhere else. Many forum goers back then (and even myself) said that they had known about the site for awhile and used the guides and tools and stuff first, then forums later. I sincerely doubt most MMO players want to be "surprised" about what drops they get, especially if it winds up being down a category of weapons they never would have wanted.

In summary, if IDs are brought back, at the very least I hope we are allowed to choose whatever the hell we like regardless of player creation, and that we are told at least a general idea of what kind of drops to expect, and drops are the only thing they affect. Though frankly my ultimate hope is that they are just abolished entirely with maybe some stylistic toss-ins as the trailer seems to imply.

Mags on the other hand, I really do want back. Outside their evolution aesthetics being tied to IDs I loved them. It also made it less of a grind when doing another character because you could give them a boost to help speed through the boring crap at the beginning. They added another stylistic choice to your character. They buffed you, and let you dish out the damage, as opposed to a stupid loli-bot following you around with it's shitty little AI attempting to be of some help. Give me the control and let me handle it, because MMO AIs just aren't gonna match up to good human intelligence.

This is just the beginning of alpha though, I really doubt this would be the phase something like a mag would even be introduced. We haven't even seen techs yet, and if they're not done with that and setting up the other classes, how can they even begin to start mags without all the classes there to buff? Since they pretty much affect the balance of a character, they'll probably be one of the later things added in.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 08:36 PM
Double post? That wasn't even my topic. That was PSO4life.

I'm talking about the double post you made in THIS thread, 4 posts ago...........

and since you missed the point, I'm saying this thread failed, because the other thread that was exactly the same had nothing good come out of it, and was locked.

I'm not even gonna face palm this one. ]:

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 08:41 PM
Are we not allowed to post back-to-back? I did not know that this wasn't permitted. I will remember not to next time. This thread failed b/c everyone is on edge & missed my point.

Nitro Vordex
May 11, 2011, 08:44 PM
It's not really not permitted, it just looks neater to edit your post and stick it into that one, so the thread doesn't look like a chat room.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 08:52 PM
How I can say Mags are safely in? They are trying to please PSO fans, if they gave into peoples wants for Mags in PSU AOTI, I find it VERY unlikely they won't do the same for PSO2.
I'll answer your post with another post:

Those aren't really mags. Those are previously existing weaponry renamed for some strange, likely nostaglic, purpose. PSO mags made appearances as these weapons but they function completely differently.

Vashyron
May 11, 2011, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah I know they were there for Nostalgic purposes, but they were "Mags" were they not?

Like I said before I can safety say "Mags" will be in, as for their function who knows?

Orange_Coconut
May 11, 2011, 08:56 PM
I can definitely see why people would have negative attitudes toward Section IDs in PSO2. I also would agree that tying them to a name-based calculator would be ridiculous and I thought that it was the weakest part of Section IDs in PSO. I also can understand that some people would rather not have to worry about different IDs for different drops because that would mean that they would have to make more characters and level them up to get their desired items/equipment. I also think that tying the IDs to the MAG evolution would not be a good idea either since, if they do that, you have more to worry about than just your loot table and if the variables aren't represented in your favor for any combination of ID & desired MAG then it makes it frustrating for the player.

Though, ultimately, it boils down to a difference in opinions. I actually enjoyed the fact that I had to make more characters to enable different loot tables, which would then allow me to hunt the same enemies for different items on the several characters I had. That's not necessarily the case for everybody, and I can see why it would be looked at as rather tedious than enjoyable. As Sord mentioned though, if they do include Section IDs I think I would also rather them just affect item drops and be selectable during character creation rather than have them based on the combination of letters/symbols/numbers in a name or anything similar.

As for the randomized dungeon aspect, I don't believe that the IDs affected dungeon layouts. Plus, I believe that PSO2 claimed that they will have randomized maps, though I guess to double check one could go to the announcement thread. But I also am in favor of randomized dungeons; if anyone has played the Dark Cloud series or any of the several dungeon crawler games such as Izuna or Shiren the Wanderer I believe that they add a certain amount of fun to the game. I also want to see just how randomized the PSO2 dungeon maps are going to be, because I hope each room is separate from another in terms of dungeon layout rather than have presets of certain overall dungeon layouts.

Malachite
May 11, 2011, 08:56 PM
I'll answer your post with another post:

He's saying that the fact that they decided to cater to fans even in that way, means that they're aware that fans want mags. Now, seeing as they did that little bit for the fans in PSU, and PSO2 is being aimed towards the original fans, then it is VERY likely that there will be mags in PSO2.

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 09:03 PM
Sheeeez It's not like they have to remake the entire PSO series with better graphics. Here's what you'd being hearing after a month or two if they did. Guy1: Hey Guy 2 do you want to go beat up the monsters in ruins? Guy2: Nah I did enough of that in the original PSO game. In fact why did I even buy this game? Guy1: Because it said PSO2 on the front not remastered version of PSO and you were expecting it to be DIFFERENT. Guy2: oh yeah that's right. HMMM Oh yay I can still return it it's been less than a month since I bought it from Gamestop. See ya I'm off to go return this peice of junk to the store.

you can't return opened games, genius

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 09:16 PM
you can't return opened games, genius
No, but you can sell them.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 09:16 PM
Oh yeah I know they were there for Nostalgic purposes, but they were "Mags" were they not?

Like I said before I can safety say "Mags" will be in, as for their function who knows?

He's saying that the fact that they decided to cater to fans even in that way, means that they're aware that fans want mags. Now, seeing as they did that little bit for the fans in PSU, and PSO2 is being aimed towards the original fans, then it is VERY likely that there will be mags in PSO2.

But this is the great almighty point of all this is it not? You can't just slap the name on something else and call it the same.

If PSO has: MAGs, Section IDs, Technique Points, special weapon abilities, exclusive classes and stats dependent for weapon equipping.
And PSU has: Partner Machinery, Photon Points, Photon Arts, ability to switch between classes...

...from that criteria, what makes this game PSO2?

Edit: Until we get more info at this point it's just a name to get us all excited, and indeed I am very excited about this new Phantasy Star game that is Online Too. :-P

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 09:18 PM
read what you said. you said return. that means getting your money back. if you buy a game and open it, they'll buy it maybe, but I have yet to see a gamestop that sold used PC games and unless you're THAT clueless you should know by now that this game is PC only...so good luck with that.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 09:47 PM
read what you said. you said return. that means getting your money back. if you buy a game and open it, they'll buy it maybe, but I have yet to see a gamestop that sold used PC games and unless you're THAT clueless you should know by now that this game is PC only...so good luck with that.
It was just a possible conversation between two people that realized it was just PSO with remastered graphics(not saying that's what it is just saying that if that's what they were doing that's what you could here ).

Hentai_Kittie
May 12, 2011, 04:37 AM
I absolutly hated the section ID's. PSO was basically my first MMO. I played up to Lv 60 offline, but couldn't really get much further and felt.. "weak". When i got online. i found out it was because of my ID, it wasn't giving me anything i needed. So then i set off to try and find someone with the items i needed, but it was stupid and kinda complicated. I had to make sure that they wern't a hacker (i admitingly was terrified of banning), or a price gouger (which so many were.), or find someone who actually didn't NPC anything they didn't use... It really took so long to find someone with what you needed, you'd almost pay anything.

In the end. It really was more feasible to create an army of characters to boost up my main... which i didn't like. It really took all the fun out of the game. That or i played during the wrong era. I should have started on the Gamecube, the people seemed more friendly. :/

Long story short... i'd rather see the ID's not return. I don't mind the mags though. I hope they combine the partner machines and mags somehow and make something awesome.

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 06:50 AM
I would be careful about calling PSO your 1st MMO. I know what U meant but there are some hardcore, word-for-word gamers on these forums who do nothing but troll around & correct people's posts all day. Expect to get flamed young lady.

RenzokukenZ
May 12, 2011, 07:06 AM
Nah, that usually happens when someone compares PSO or PSU to an MMO in terms of sales, distribution and gameworld. Apples and Oranges is what that is.

Now then, would the lack of Section IDs completely ruin the game? Of course not. Would I like to see them back? No.

I feel that PSU, or rather the PSP series, actually did better on this when rares and weapon types were determined by your class rather than a randomized symbol. This way, whether class change is getting implemented in this game or not, you'll find weapons that correctly suits your class.

I'm aware that most rares could be dropped for all classes in PSU/PSP, but that's a quick fix by making most class-exclusive. That way, we can find most of what we want without having to roll countless IDs, and still promote trading for the more rarer stuff.

Wayu
May 12, 2011, 07:07 AM
The IDs are confirmed to be returning, but we don't know how the ID selection process goes about.

-Wayu

Purple Lamplight
May 12, 2011, 07:08 AM
I would be careful about calling PSO your 1st MMO. I know what U meant but there are some hardcore, word-for-word gamers on these forums who do nothing but troll around & correct people's posts all day. Expect to get flamed young lady.

Why would you expect to get flamed for calling PSO your 1st mmo? You make me sick.

Canard de Bain
May 12, 2011, 07:32 AM
The IDs are confirmed to be returning, but we don't know how the ID selection process goes about.

-Wayu

I wanna CHOOSE Bluefull. :D

redroses
May 12, 2011, 07:37 AM

-Wayu

When did this get confirmed?

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2011, 07:39 AM

I'm gonna have to ask this as well, >_>;

Canard de Bain
May 12, 2011, 07:45 AM

Turded

Wayu
May 12, 2011, 07:45 AM
IIRC one of the PSO2 staff mentioned Section IDs, but I can't remember where or when.

But I may be wrong. We can, though, make out what seems like the IDs on the armors of the revealed characters. Just barely.

-Wayu

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 07:50 AM
IIRC one of the PSO2 staff mentioned Section IDs, but I can't remember where or when.

But I may be wrong. We can, though, make out what seems like the IDs on the armors of the revealed characters. Just barely.

-Wayu

That's why I started this whole "worthless" thread in the 1st place. Those aren't section ID's on the armor in the videos. It is just the new Oracl "star" emblem. It looks like IDs but there not & the more I think about it, the less I need them in the game. It wouldn't ruin my experience but it would be just one more thing that resembles PSU more than PSO.

RenzokukenZ
May 12, 2011, 07:57 AM
It wouldn't ruin my experience but it would be just one more thing that resembles PSU more than PSO.

And that's bad...how?

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 08:35 AM
Apples & oranges dude. Apples & oranges. We don't need to to have this spiral again.

RenzokukenZ
May 12, 2011, 08:44 AM
The title of the thread says otherwise. Might as well request a lock before the spiral really starts anew.

Shinji Kazuya
May 12, 2011, 08:49 AM
The bawww starts again... unbelievable...

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 08:50 AM
Why do I have to defend my opinion to you? It's my opinion & you obviously are hardcore PSU. Big deal. Why does this bother you so much? -lol

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2011, 08:50 AM
As much as it might drives you crazy, I'm gonna have to same "oranges and grapefruits." with PSO vs PSU

Either way, stop trying to justify this thread, you know what you've done.

Niloklives
May 12, 2011, 09:02 AM
seriously, you know the board is divided. this kind of stuff is basically inciting a riot. you also should know that as soon as you express an "opinion" on a forum, it becomes an editorial which is free to be placed on the chopping block as others see fit. I'm not trying to attack you but the very nature of these kinds of threads is "which side are you on?".

btw I placed opinion in quotations for a reason. I'm not going to break down what an opinion is for everyone again, but "this game is more like PSU than PSO" is not an opinion, it's an argument.

Wayu
May 12, 2011, 09:04 AM
It's an argument only if it is supported with logical reasoning.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
May 12, 2011, 09:08 AM
I'm not a hardcore anything. I like PSO and PSU the same.

Then there's that little fact that I didn't attack your opinion, but rather question it and hoped to get a logically inclined extension of that opinion. Wishful thinking for sure. So there's nothing to defend.

I'm not taking part in this silly spiral, and I've already said what there was to say.

Niloklives
May 12, 2011, 09:10 AM
No, a GOOD argument is based of logical reasoning.

The reasoning is a ratio of PSU to PSO based on total content. That said you don't need logic to make an argument. the reasoning is enough.

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 09:14 AM
I never realized there was this big of a war between the two factions. I am definately more on the PSO side of the ledger, but the "Defenders of the UNIVERSE" come in packs & don't stop 'til threads get locked. Sorry if I upset any PSU'ers by mentioning that it looks more like a PSU2 game. You should be happy! Sakai even said most of his staffers are from PSU. Jeesh-

Niloklives
May 12, 2011, 09:23 AM
A lot of people here are more towards the middle, but there are people who do fall on either side. really if you've been watching these boards you'd know by now just how these things go.

Anyway I'm no defender of the universe. I don't get paid enough.

Sord
May 12, 2011, 09:43 AM
Like Nilok said, seems more middleground than anything. Just that there are a couple loud extremists and then everyone else is just calling the other side extremist because of one particular feature wanted (or not wanted,) rather than the game as a whole. That and everything being text it wouldn't surprise me if some people were misconstrued as being more vehemently defensive than they might actually be.

Niloklives
May 12, 2011, 09:45 AM
Nilok ;_;

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2011, 09:48 AM
LOL @ niko, and for some reason people that side more with PSO make it sound like everyone else just wants "PSU2." I have a feeling thats NEVER going to be cleared up.

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 09:55 AM
So yeah, 99% chance there will not be any section IDs in PSO2. Next thread.

Niloklives
May 12, 2011, 09:56 AM
Now you're just trolling me, Mike

joshboyd1209
May 12, 2011, 10:25 AM
Well we don't even know for sure if you'll be able to see IDs on the suits, that is if they're even in the game. So they might have IDs on the suits in the beta/full version they might not they may just put a stamp on your partner/guild card with that states your ID. By the way was Bluefull one of the better IDs for a HUmar in blue burst?

RenzokukenZ
May 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
The ID doesn't even have to be on the outfit. It could just very well be on the Menu screen, as it was in PSO.

That is to say if they are in PSO2, of course.

Sord
May 12, 2011, 10:29 AM
Nilok ;_;

Derp, never went to sleep, stayed up all night talkin to some other people.

Niloklives
May 12, 2011, 10:35 AM
It's cool, just I get the Niko thing a lot.

ARASHIKAGE
May 12, 2011, 03:08 PM
I don't know if anyone read my past economy thread but NOT having section IDs might be for the best, the way that current MMOs are played. If Sonic Team can find a way for them to work I'd be all for it though.

Akaimizu
May 12, 2011, 03:19 PM
I never really knew all the stuff I was missing by being Greenil, actually. Didn't know I was technically locked out of drops. Then again, if they didn't get so hacked up in the way that I was afraid to play randoms for fear of getting NOLed, the system would've worked better for me.

Callous
May 12, 2011, 04:22 PM
As much as I am in the PSO camp, I have no love for the way the section IDs work in PSO. It is just a really big hassle. I like the idea of the badges themselves and there being a difference, but not the way it is in PSO.

What could work for me would be section IDs, but with each section ID having different droprate bonuses (a la the PSU race system) on different days. This would still promote playing with other section IDs like in the original PSO, but wouldn't lock IDs out of certain drops altogether.

CAMPSO
May 12, 2011, 04:41 PM
Well imho if they put mags in this game then it can really be called PSO2. Other than that i'm all for adding good things from both PSO and PSU.

Vashyron
May 12, 2011, 04:48 PM
Know what else I found Bad about Section IDs?

New players who didn't go straight into "guides" had no clue what they were and only generally found out later, but then it's a choice to remake your character or just "deal wit it."

THEN we also had the early days of the game, where no one had any clue what Section IDs gave what, until much later. Thanks to Data Miners even for giving out exact rates.

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 05:41 PM
Know what else I found Bad about Section IDs?

New players who didn't go straight into "guides" had no clue what they were and only generally found out later, but then it's a choice to remake your character or just "deal wit it."

And THEN we also had in early days of the game, where no one had any clue what Section IDs gave what, until much later. Thanks to Data Miners even for giving out exact rates.

Very true, I had no idea what it meant back in 2000. Then, years later on psobb, on a (certain server), I had to finagle the letters of my name around just to get the Pinkal I wanted for rares. I would luv to see something new but still tied into the old IDs.

Purple Lamplight
May 12, 2011, 07:02 PM
"Worthless" thread

Yes. This thread is worthless. How about we wait till they release more info or wait till alpha before we assume that there is or isnt section ID's and Mag's

Sord
May 12, 2011, 07:08 PM
What could work for me would be section IDs, but with each section ID having different droprate bonuses (a la the PSU race system) on different days. This would still promote playing with other section IDs like in the original PSO, but wouldn't lock IDs out of certain drops altogether.

Damn, I actually really like that idea. I don't really expect Sega to do it, not sure why, I just don't, but I wish they would.

chibipocky15
May 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
Question? Where did Beast even coem from I know the inhabitant a planet but thats not enoguh and who created the first Newmans, and how we're Dumans created, and who created the first Cast and why we're the created and how? Thats what I'd like to know but I dont know any of the answers to any of these questions I just know they're all badassery....... And he asked a good question I think this forum hould stay here......

Ziggurat1986
May 12, 2011, 09:51 PM
I personally do not care if the section ID's return or not. No section ID just means less of a pain in the *** for me when designing my character. (used to hate when my emblem clashed with my color scheme).

There are other ways to promote the will to trade other then through section ID's. For instance drop charts could be determined by class instead of ID's.

Wayu
May 12, 2011, 10:16 PM
@chibi: They don't come from a planet. They're genetically modified humans made for the purpose of hard manual labor. Newmans are also genetically modified but were originally made to be superior all-around. They were intended to be the think tanks, but they came out physically superior as well. So humans changed that and made they physically weak. CASTs are just androids. Dewmans are humans hit by the Rykros bombs in PSP2.

-Wayu

chibipocky15
May 13, 2011, 05:52 AM
@Wayu: Thanks that help my braincells alot ^-^

moorebounce
May 13, 2011, 09:04 PM
Well you don't need to see the section IDs on the unis anyway because you couldn't really see them depending on what the character was wearing. You had to ask most people what their section ID was anyway.

The fun thing about PSO was either teaming up with other section IDs to find different rares and/or making your own characters with different section IDs to try and find rares you wanted. In the end giving even more reasons to keep playing PSO. The replay value in PSU wasn't as high as in PSO.

Sega took the good from PSO and PSU and made PSZ and now it looks like they added PSOBB to the mix for the PC. So far I'm loving what I see.

r00tabaga
May 13, 2011, 10:22 PM
@moorebounce: Agree. Agree. Agree.
Most people here are PSU players who don't want section IDs. They want MAGs, but only in ranger/tech weapon form. They want player shops. They need fashion more than substance. I said MOST, not all. You need only look through these posts & polls to see what I mean.

NoiseHERO
May 13, 2011, 10:33 PM
Most people here are PSU players who don't want section IDs. They want MAGs, but only in ranger/tech weapon form. They want player shops. They need fashion more than substance. I said MOST, not all. You need only look through these posts & polls to see what I mean.

Are you trolling, or have you just not been paying attention to peoples posts for the last 2 months...? e_e

Theres NO ONE HERE LIKE THAT!

Theres the pso fans... then the people that want the best from both things, and the people that don't care what's in the game as long it fits. Theres NO PSU PURISTS. <_>

r00tabaga
May 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

NoiseHERO
May 13, 2011, 10:36 PM
Alright, it's trolling, just making sure.

r00tabaga
May 13, 2011, 10:39 PM
mICHAERU: "Theres NO ONE HERE LIKE THAT!"
r00tabaga: Ahem...ya know, denial is not just a river in Egypt..........

Niloklives
May 13, 2011, 10:55 PM
Who here is a PSU purist? Just name someone, I'm curious.

RenzokukenZ
May 13, 2011, 10:56 PM
mICHAERU: "Theres NO ONE HERE LIKE THAT!"
r00tabaga: Ahem...ya know, denial is not just a river in Egypt..........

I think you're the one denying that most don't consider this as PSO HD as you do.

We all gave our reasons for not wanting section IDs, palette swaps and other, and "Because it was in PSO" was never one of them. The same for the folks who don't want player shops, photon arts, and beasts, as in it wasn't because "It was in PSU" for the most part.

As someone said before, most of us want to the best of both worlds, not just stick with one and dump the other. And if all you can do is troll to 'defend' your view, then that is just sad.

•Col•
May 13, 2011, 11:55 PM

I too would like to know this, because I certainly haven't seen any myself...

Orange_Coconut
May 13, 2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah I mean, even though I am an advocate for Section IDs I really would like to see them changed if they are included in PSO2. It was personally an enjoyable experience for me, but there were several flaws with the system (such as how one obtained the IDs, the balance between IDs, etc).

I really liked the idea of separate loot tables, but what might be incredibly interesting would be the combination of IDs depending on who was in the game. PSO, as well as many MMOs out there already have god awful drop rates for several items, which allows for players to continue playing/hunting for a while. If they implemented it so that they combined ID drops, but limited it to a specific number of possible rares/drops depending on the party members involved, it could make for an entertaining system.

Moreover, I think that it would be more interesting if they provided additional drops to those who party with more people. Though, there are issues with that as well, since not all people like having a full party nor intend to play with that many people at any given time. Sometimes people would rather play with a select group of friends, or with one other friend. But it would promote players to party with more people, though that's not what everybody would necessarily want.

But yeah, I understand that the majority of people in this thread would rather not see Section IDs again. As I stated before, I don't want to see them the way they were represented in PSO, but I do think that there is room for improvement and that they can be implemented to make things relatively different and still somewhat enjoyable. The main issue with all this speculation and theorizing, however, is that none of it is all too likely to happen and even if it does end up happening, there is no telling whether or not that will be the case at this point in time. In any case, it's at least amusing to entertain the thought of such things, and I was really looking forward to open discussions about possibilities of how Section IDs could be represented in PSO2, or possibly what other methods systems could be used to replace them.

Also, while I enjoyed PSO to the utmost degree, I would like PSO2 to ultimately be a new game. I hope that MAGs are back, I hope that Section IDs make some kind of appearance, but I in no way want them to be exactly the way they were in PSO. While I think they worked back then, Section IDs were flawed (as I said before), and I think the MAG system could also be improved on to some degree. I at least expect there to be more in-depth system working with the MAGs or some kind of additional content involving them. Regardless, I expect PSO2 to be much more than just PSO: The Enchanced Experience.

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 12:03 AM
that would just result in people being excluded based on their ID.

Milla
May 14, 2011, 12:11 AM
I thought the PSP2 system did it right. Certain items dropping based on the class you were using and the ability to switch class if you wanted to hunt for a specific item, but i don't really mind if they bring back the ID's or not.

Orange_Coconut
May 14, 2011, 12:20 AM
that would just result in people being excluded based on their ID.

Okay, but how exactly? It depends on how it's implemented. I mean, if they make it so that if Whitill + Redria = specific rare unique to these two being combined, then I can see it being a problem. What I meant was making it so that the rares were set outside of IDs depending on how many people joined a game, which wouldn't discriminate against any other ID in specific. But it would make it so that you could not only hunt rares according to the IDs that are presented in the game, but also according to the number of people in the game. So depending on the level you're playing, depending on the number of people in your game, and depending on the IDs present you'd have combinations of items that could drop.

But there isn't really a reason to exclude someone according to ID if everything is cumulative. Maybe it could make it so that people still have drops that appear only for them, but have time to make trades soon after the drops are done. I guess if you wouldn't mind elaborating I could at least see where you're coming from on the issue.

Sord
May 14, 2011, 12:31 AM
I really liked the idea of separate loot tables, but what might be incredibly interesting would be the combination of IDs depending on who was in the game. PSO, as well as many MMOs out there already have god awful drop rates for several items, which allows for players to continue playing/hunting for a while. If they implemented it so that they combined ID drops, but limited it to a specific number of possible rares/drops depending on the party members involved, it could make for an entertaining system.

You mean like the bonus towards a certain item dropping would stack if you have multiple players in a party with the same ID? That'd be pretty interesting, though could be tricky to balance with even a party of 4, let alone 6 if we get that large of a party again. I mean, super rare items would still be a challenge, but the lower end of rares would be made pretty easy. 1/500 chance of getting something, bonus increases to 10/500 with ID, stack it 6 times to get a 60/500. So 1/500 to 6/50, or .2% to 12%. That's a pretty significant jump. Went from under 1/100 to over 1/10. Killing an enemy (in theory) ten times is much less than doing it 100 times, especially if we're talking about a boss type monster as opposed to a minor mob monster. And the ease of getting an item also effects market price for selling it if we assume shops or auction houses.

There's also the social aspect of people possibly just wanting to farm straight ID colors. You would inevitably wind up with people who do multiple different characters with different IDs and only party those characters with people of like IDs that stack because they are going for very specific items. Not that everyone would do that of course, but some amount of those people would probably crop up. No real telling how many unless the system was implemented though.

It seems like there should definitely be some sort of cut off, or at least not a straight linear increase in drop probability. What do you think?

Tetsaru
May 14, 2011, 01:30 AM

Amaury. :wacko:

FOkyasuta
May 14, 2011, 01:35 AM
Amaury. :wacko:

But hes so called,

Dead/Banned.

Life lesson kiddos.

Anon_Fire
May 14, 2011, 02:12 AM

I'd like to know too.

Wayu
May 14, 2011, 05:37 AM
How about a list? ^^;

Naw, that's a bad idea.

Logical fallacies are flying anywhere...if we're debating something at least use logic properly, if at all. ^^;

Anyways, back on topic. Most of us want a mix, right? We're just disagreeing on what to mix, if I'm analyzing this right.

-Wayu

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 14, 2011, 05:53 AM
Anyways, back on topic. Most of us want a mix, right? We're just disagreeing on what to mix, if I'm analyzing this right.

-Wayu

Sadly, the disagreements won't end, ever. As far as I can tell, the only thing we all can really agree on is that we want this game to be good, the problem is that we all have very different ideas of what would make it good, and so the bickering ensues.

Fun to speculate? Very. Frustrating having the exact same argument over and over in multiple topics? Very. Will this post make any shred of difference? Probly not.
Am I done rambling? Yes. ^.-

NoiseHERO
May 14, 2011, 06:02 AM
Sadly, the disagreements won't end, ever. As far as I can tell, the only thing we all can really agree on is that we want this game to be good, the problem is that we all have very different ideas of what would make it good, and so the bickering ensues.

Fun to speculate? Very. Frustrating having the exact same argument over and over in multiple topics? Very. Will this post make any shred of difference? Probly not.
Am I done rambling? Yes. ^.-

Yeah but it feels like it's always newer people or people(not naming obvious names) that can't get the point, that keep bringing up the same "arguments" everyone else already knows what everyone else wants.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 14, 2011, 06:18 AM
Yeah but it feels like it's always newer people or people(not naming obvious names) that can't get the point, that keep bringing up the same "arguments" everyone else already knows what everyone else wants.

True. Maybe if everyone took the time read the whole thread before posting and argument, it wouldn't be so bad. But I'll stop with that since I'm goin waaay off topic here.

NoiseHERO
May 14, 2011, 06:23 AM
True. Maybe if everyone took the time read the whole thread before posting and argument, it wouldn't be so bad. But I'll stop with that since I'm goin waaay off topic here.

This was a horrible thread(for too many reasons) that probably should have been locked 4 pages ago anyway, no honor in staying on topic either way. ]:

may bad 11 pages ago...didn't see that this got that many posts...e_e;

r00tabaga
May 14, 2011, 06:31 AM
First off good morning phans. Two, I never said PSU purists. Read my post. People calling me a troll are trolling themselves. You that have spoken want a mix? Bullshit! Give casts techs, make beasts return, do away w/section IDs, bring back MAGs in a weapon form, etc, etc. It's just funny now. This will never end.

And no, I'm not making a list...........mix my ass! What you want PSOs music & everything else from PSU (the best game of all time)

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 14, 2011, 06:37 AM
This was a horrible thread(for too many reasons) that probably should have been locked 4 pages ago anyway, no honor in staying on topic either way. ]:

may bad 11 pages ago...didn't see that this got that many posts...e_e;

*Re-reads topic, facepalms at OP, gives up after page 2*

Ok point taken. Threads like this are incredibly absurd anyway, and redundant, and it seems to be the general reaction of some people, that when you try explaining to them why it's a bad idea to simply re-make PSO with a few new bells and whistles, they usually will respond by using the "nuh uh, *puts fingers in ears and sings lalalalalalala" technique.

To be fair though, I have had a handful of good discussions, but it seems that as the game draws nearer, these types of threads are poping up more and more often. And I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel any time soon.

(How's that for off topic?) ^.-b

r00tabaga
May 14, 2011, 06:46 AM
*Re-reads topic, facepalms at OP, gives up after page 2*

Ok point taken. Threads like this are incredibly absurd anyway, and redundant, and it seems to be the general reaction of some people, that when you try explaining to them why it's a bad idea to simply re-make PSO with a few new bells and whistles, they usually will respond by using the "nuh uh, *puts fingers in ears and sings lalalalalalala

(How's that for off topic?) ^.-b
And the flames continue to get fanned. This is a car wreck and no one can look away. Btw, Michaelru said PSU purist, not I for those keeping score at home. I said MOST posters clearly want a lot of PSU in PSO2. Many PSU programmers are working w/Sakai on this so U all should be thrilled.
I want something entirely fresh & new w/more PSO elements. Arrest me for giving my opinion.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 14, 2011, 06:55 AM
And the flames continue to get fanned. This is a car wreck and no one can look away. Btw, Michaelru said PSU purist, not I for those keeping score at home. I said MOST posters clearly want a lot of PSU in PSO2. Many PSU programmers are working w/Sakai on this so U all should be thrilled.
I want something entirely fresh & new w/more PSO elements. Arrest me for giving my opinion.

To be fair, I wasn't attacking you buddy. Was simply trying to point out that pretty much every topic in this branch of the forums always ends the same. Plz take the time to read my posts preceding the one you quoted, it might help you understand why I said what I said, if not, no skin off my teeth. I'll just throw this one into my "pointless arguments" pile.

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 06:56 AM

Everything about this screams PSU purist. You don't have to say the words. We all know what you meant.

First off good morning phans. Two, I never said PSU purists. Read my post. People calling me a troll are trolling themselves. You that have spoken want a mix? Bullshit! Give casts techs, make beasts return, do away w/section IDs, bring back MAGs in a weapon form, etc, etc. It's just funny now. This will never end.

And no, I'm not making a list...........mix my ass! What you want PSOs music & everything else from PSU (the best game of all time)

Thus proving my point

r00tabaga
May 14, 2011, 07:07 AM
Nilok, your a smart dude, no question. Why is it so bad for me to say I want PSO2 to be more like, well PSO & I get trolled. Yet, when someone throws up a poll "should PSU beasts be included" or "should casts have techs" the masses speak & it is pretty clear that most want PSU2>PSO2. It will resemble PSO in name only I'm afraid. I hope the game is good like everyone else, no matter what direction they go.
Edit: I love pspo2 as much as PSO for the record so I'm not 100% PSO either.

NoiseHERO
May 14, 2011, 07:14 AM
Nilok, your a smart dude, no question. Why is it so bad for me to say I want PSO2 to be more like, well PSO & I get trolled. Yet, when someone throws up a poll "should PSU beasts be included" or "should casts have techs" the masses speak & it is pretty clear that most want PSU2>PSO2. It will resemble PSO in name only I'm afraid. I hope the game is good like everyone else, no matter what direction they go.
Edit: I love pspo2 as much as PSO for the record so I'm not 100% PSO either.

Don't turn to Niloklives,

Niloklives isn't gonna help you!

For the umpteenth time nobody wants this to be PSU2, they want things from PSO that were good, and things from PSU that worked well, and an overall new game. You're running in painting everything black and white and saying we all just want it to be "PSU2" which is the same thing as saying "PSU purist."

As said many times before, you've brought this on yourself and fail to realize how and why after we've told you already. Nobodies trolling you, you're the only one acting like a troll.

If you can't understand that from people that, enjoy getting "trolled" WHY AM I EVEN TELLING YOU THIS. D<

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 14, 2011, 07:16 AM
That's the whole point that a lot of us are trying to make though, just because the game doesn't resemble PSO as much as some people would like, and has some elements of PSU (which we had fair warning of btw) doesn't mean that it's not a sequel.

The content of a game is not what makes it a sequel, the story is, and so long as the game follows the same storyline, then it has every right to be called PSO2, despite how the game "looks".

And r00abaga, the reason why people are less open to keep it civil in this thread is because there have been several others exactly like it, and most people don't enjoy having the exact same arguments over and over, while others don't enjoy reading them over and over. The title of this topic was asking for trouble to begin with.

Edit: I've said my peace and I'm done now. (takes off preacher garb)

r00tabaga
May 14, 2011, 07:17 AM
Name me three things from pso that u want in Michaelru.
And yes, it does look like you drew that.

Wayu
May 14, 2011, 07:21 AM
good of PSO + good of PSU = PSU2 + purists
^
What you're trying to argue, r00t.

good of PSO + good of PSU = PSO2 + happy people
^
What I think we should compromise on.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 07:22 AM
In no way is it bad for you to say you like PSO over PSU and that you want for PSO2 to reflect that. But what I'm saying is I have yet to see anyone say that PSU was flawless and that the game should be PSU only. In fact most people here have advocated a mix, though some will lean more on one side than another.

Personally I disliked beasts, want casts to have a bunch of passive abilities and not use techs and loved the feel of PSO. Yet I want to see the PA system return and improved on with features from PSP2 and PSZ while taking us a ways back to old school PS in some subtle ways and I didn't really care one way or the other about goofy outfits like bikinis and rappy suits.

Where does that put me? Some people want a little more PSO than me, others want a little more PSU than me, but I have not seen anyone that wanted "PSU2" or PSO HD remix and that includes you. So it seems to me that you're taking a defensive stance like this to invalidate the sentiments of the rest of the board on this one since you feel like you're under attack for creating this thread to begin with. Rather than try to downplay everyone else's views, it would be healthier for the board to understand that there are ways to talk about this stuff and ways not to.

Starting off the thread "this game is too much like PSU, we're all going to hate this game. guaranteed we're getting nothing from PSO" is basically starting a fight. You're intelligent enough to know how volatile the board is over this topic and find a way to express a sentiment that is more inquisitive than pessimistic. Nothing about the OP prompted a discussion.

For the record: I'm not attacking you, I'm sating my observations.

@ Michaeru: I may be black, but I don't look a damn thing like Quincy Jones, I'm fairly certain you don't look a thing like Huey Freeman and I'm 99.8% positive that R00t doesn't look like a classroom full of kids! :-?

r00tabaga
May 14, 2011, 07:25 AM
People don't know how to have a sophisticated conversation/debate except Nilok and a few others here. So, I'm gonna go watch wizard of oz with my daughter & leave knowing that I put a downer on michaelru's whole day b/c of a stupid videogame. Classic.

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 07:31 AM
lol I never said it had to be sophisticated, just civil. Heck I've sat here and made jokes that made Wayu blush. No offense to the board but I don't come here expecting even college level discussion. As an adult with a kid though, I'd expect you to practice behavior you'd want your daughter to see and emulate as she got older.

NoiseHERO
May 14, 2011, 07:31 AM
- Weaponless combat/fists that aren't the size of boxing gloves + offhand casting
- The Non-suck Music(Oh wait we have that, so far)
- The unique environments (oh wait we already have that too)
- The story telling style

There I made four because music is a given.

@Nilok +100 coolpoints for getting that joke, LOL.

edit: and I do have an afro >3>;;

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 07:34 AM
>_> 97.9% positive

Wayu
May 14, 2011, 07:42 AM
Am I wrong to expect a logical argument on these boards or something? ^^;

-Wayu

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 14, 2011, 07:47 AM
Am I wrong to expect a logical argument on these boards or something? ^^;

-Wayu