PDA

View Full Version : Ohnoes Fei needs help installing psu jp >.<

Meyfei
May 13, 2011, 06:07 AM
Any idea how i could get past this error? i've tried all that i could.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/Meyfei/PSUjpFailing.jpg

str898mustang
May 13, 2011, 07:01 AM
Do u have all the files all in one location?

Put all the files (setup file and the big files) on your desktop then run the setup file again.

Meyfei
May 13, 2011, 07:08 AM
yeah the 4 files are in the same folder. i tried just now on the desktop but the same error pops up.

str898mustang
May 13, 2011, 07:09 AM
hm....try pm'ing Epsio on here or PSUpedia forums and he can see whats wrong. May be a corrupted file but who knows.

Adriano
May 13, 2011, 09:21 AM
Do you have another "Setup" Program on your desktop? And when you downloaded the one for psu it automatically renamed it to "Setup (1)" ?
If that is the case, just rename your psu setup to not having the (1) after it.

Meyfei
May 13, 2011, 10:00 AM
nah its all original when i downloaded them (using google chrome) they were sent to my downloads folder which had nothing else in it

EspioKaos
May 13, 2011, 11:11 AM
It says an error occurred while reading the file, di.dll, I assume. The error is given as "copy source file is damaged."

To be honest, I don't recall ever having that issue, so I'm not sure where to go from there. D:

Meyfei
May 13, 2011, 11:20 AM
dang :s
I guess i'll just have to find a guide and re-download the files D:
step-by-step :s
i cant find a guide. i watched the video one and did everything on it but no luck.

Ezodagrom
May 13, 2011, 11:25 AM
Most likely something went wrong when downloading one of the files.
Check the size of the files by going into the files properties, if one of them is smaller than what I say here, most likely that one is the one you'll have to re-download:
Setup.exe - 502KB
Setup-1a.bin - 1.95GB
Setup-1b.bin - 1.95GB
Setup-2a.bin - 1.18GB

If all of them have the correct sizes, it'll have to be trial & error, download one file, try to install, if there's an error, download the next file, try to install again, and so on.

Meyfei
May 13, 2011, 02:28 PM
Most likely something went wrong when downloading one of the files.
Check the size of the files by going into the files properties, if one of them is smaller than what I say here, most likely that one is the one you'll have to re-download:
Setup.exe - 502KB
Setup-1a.bin - 1.95GB
Setup-1b.bin - 1.95GB
Setup-2a.bin - 1.18GB

If all of them have the correct sizes, it'll have to be trial & error, download one file, try to install, if there's an error, download the next file, try to install again, and so on.

yeah it seems my files were off by 500million bytes. :s i re-downloaded them and Viola the installation is doing its stuff.

FOkyasuta
May 13, 2011, 02:30 PM
Weres the download link again?

I think im suffering the same problem.

Meyfei
May 13, 2011, 03:07 PM
Download link:
4 files
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/

Edit: Also i believe i may have another issue :s
error (No.038 )?
yeah :S when i try updating, i'll try closing my Avast antivirus. After completely removing Avast and rebooting, the update continues further than where it gave the error. the error below is fixed.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/Meyfei/PSUjpFailingAgain.jpg

Karen Erra
May 13, 2011, 11:48 PM
that's a timeout error. I'm always getting that when the connection of my WLAN is too slow and the response from the PSU server needs too long. But I don't know if it's something like that in your case too.

Meyfei
May 14, 2011, 08:24 AM
What i noticed is after i removed my anti-virus it did go up more, but after editting my post above the updating stopped and i once again received the error. So i tried something else; I closed all browsers, MSN, Utorrent, and all other programs that use internet access and the updates finished updating over the night with no problems.

I assume it'd be ok to say that with it being the JP server the connection between us and them could be easily interrupted which could have happened when i downloaded some other things when downloading the setup files And while the updater was updating.