PDA

View Full Version : Your estimated release date?

NewWave
May 14, 2011, 11:25 AM
Considering the game isn't even in alpha testing in Japan, I would say 2-3 years for the US unfortunately -_-

I've never played a Phantasy Star game, but I'm dying to play this game

Sord
May 14, 2011, 11:33 AM
Just keep in mind when you're dealing with MMO-type online games like this, not everything has to be released right up front. Plenty of stuff and access to other areas can get added in later. It was harder previously because of having to need everything on disk due to PS2 console release, but if they go PC only this time that should no longer be an issue.

I'm not really going to suggest any specific times because that's largely in part up to the developer and I don't know current trends in release schedules. I doubt it would take longer than 2 years though unless some very serious snags were hit. I will say I'd rather deal with a delay and have more things worked out, as opposed to it getting launched early or rushed out, resulting in a botched job that causes us grief.

•Col•
May 14, 2011, 11:34 AM
Less than 1 year. >.>

EDIT:
Just gonna post what I have in the stickied thread....

VII. GAME DEVELOPMENT:

Development of PSO2 has been running alongside PSP2 Infinity, so the game is further along in development than some people likely think
The game is currently slated for a release in 2011

NewWave
May 14, 2011, 11:41 AM
Just keep in mind when you're dealing with MMO-type online games like this, not everything has to be released right up front. Plenty of stuff and access to other areas can get added in later. I'm not really going to suggest any times because that's largely in part up to the developer and I don't know current trends in release schedules. However I will say I'd rather deal with a delay and have more things worked out rather than it getting launched early or rushed out, resulting in a botched job that causes us grief.

I wouldn't want the game to be rushed out either, usually comes with a lot of negatives that just ruin the game. I hope they don't rush anything they decide to release or half-ass some things ;;

Colaya- That would be for the Japanese release right?

•Col•
May 14, 2011, 11:45 AM
Colaya- That would be for the Japanese release right?

Considering there hasn't even been an announcement for a NA/EU release.... Yes. :p

Sord
May 14, 2011, 11:46 AM
Colaya- That would be for the Japanese release right? A lot of us are crossing our fingers for a global release, and Sega has been hinting at it, though as far as I know there isn't any direct "YES, IT IS A TRUE GLOBAL RELEASE." If it is though it should be released everywhere simultaneously. If it's not though, that'll suck.

NewWave
May 14, 2011, 11:50 AM
Considering there hasn't even been an announcement for a NA/EU release.... Yes. :p
Haha I don't think I'd survive if I have to play on the Jp servers

A lot of us are crossing our fingers for a global release, and Sega has been hinting at it, though as far as I know there isn't any direct "YES, IT IS A TRUE GLOBAL RELEASE." If it is though it should be released everywhere simultaneously. If it's not though, that'll suck.
Oh that sounds really nice :D but then again I haven't seen many mmo's release simultaneously for all regions

Malachite
May 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
Hasn't PSO2 already been in development for quite awhile? And isn't the current release slated for 2011?

I doubt it's gonna be much more than a year, if even.

joshboyd1209
May 14, 2011, 12:34 PM
Haha I don't think I'd survive if I have to play on the Jp servers

Oh that sounds really nice :D but then again I haven't seen many mmo's release simultaneously for all regions
What will probably happen if it's a global release is the same thing they did with PSO. They just let you select your language and you could play completely with anyone from anywhere around the world while still having the game in english(and if we're really fortunate they'll put in an automatic translator ). So if that's the case there won't be any country specific servers(NA, JP, EU servers ).

NewWave
May 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
What will probably happen if it's a global release is the same thing they did with PSO. They just let you select your language and you could play completely with anyone from anywhere around the world while still having the game in english(and if we're really fortunate they'll put in an automatic translator ). So if that's the case there won't be any country specific servers(NA, JP, EU servers ).
Ah I see I've never seen it done like that, but that sounds like a great option

^Since that's for private servers I guess, I guess we will be waiting forever for PSO2.......I don't really see them running PSU and PSO2 at the same time

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 01:10 PM
it was never like that >_>

joshboyd1209
May 14, 2011, 01:15 PM
it was never like that >_>
It was if you played on the secret server.

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 01:29 PM
that's not what we're talking about though. stop using private servers as an example. that's like trying to say cars run on banana peels cause you saw it in a movie.

joshboyd1209
May 14, 2011, 01:34 PM
Still if they wanted to they could make an universal server and make it so that when they released the game it was released everywhere all at once(the US could even get a day early even if it was released in Japan on the exact same day. If you get my drift. )

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
I know what you're saying but don't give people false info and say its been like that before when it hasn't.

Skye-Fox713
May 14, 2011, 02:03 PM
i'd say 1-2 years for it to release.

moorebounce
May 15, 2011, 03:59 AM
The Japanese release is most likely for 11/11/11. Although the 10 year anniversary for the Japanese release would've been on 12/21/2010. The North America 10 year release date would've been 01/29/2011 and Europe would've been 02/23/2011.

I would guess the North American and European release dates won't be that long after the Japanese release date because I'm sure a lot of the localization if not all would be done before it's Japanese release.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 15, 2011, 04:06 AM
considering that Sega did say Global support, one can reasonably assume that the game will be available worldwide, so unless they hold it back for U.S./Eur, I'm gonna give them benefit of the doubt and say Winter of this year.

Zaix
May 15, 2011, 04:16 AM
Ah I see I've never seen it done like that, but that sounds like a great option

^Since that's for private servers I guess, I guess we will be waiting forever for PSO2.......I don't really see them running PSU and PSO2 at the same time

The english version of PSO stopped being supported in 2008 (?) ...PSU came out in 2006

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 09:13 AM
Xmas 2011

Tetsaru
May 15, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'd guess between holiday season of this year and the first quarter of next year.

Zyrusticae
May 15, 2011, 06:17 PM
If it gets released in Japan in this year, it'll get released stateside by 2012.

My hope, anyways.

If not, there's always Blade & Soul in the meantime...

NewWave
May 15, 2011, 10:26 PM
The english version of PSO stopped being supported in 2008 (?) ...PSU came out in 2006
Ah my bad then lol I've never played a Phantasy Star game.

If not, there's always Blade & Soul in the meantime...
Yeah, but that probably won't release in the US for a while as well

Zyrusticae
May 15, 2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but that probably won't release in the US for a while as well
It'll release in 2012 for sure, I know that much.

joshboyd1209
May 16, 2011, 09:52 AM
It'll release in 2012 for sure, I know that much.
If they don't make it so you can just change the language in the options and release it in the US/EU at the same time they release the JP version.

Corey Blue
May 16, 2011, 09:56 AM
Q4 2011

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 10:10 AM
Q4 2011

That seems to be the consesus right now. I hope you're right.