Arrow
May 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
Just a poll to see wht kind of players are out there XD

for the more specific: post your answer ^^

ex: I prefer SH shrine meself, but i'll do hard as well

Chaos Rappy
May 14, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm usually a SH only guy... but I'm not picky about areas. :P

Unless I feel like having FUN, in which I stick it to all difficulties and all areas, just to see how the community is doing.

Shotte
May 14, 2011, 04:51 PM
All Difficulties and all zones. Realistically, you're going to be lengthening your wait otherwise, especially with 'One Specific area'. As long as the person doesn't drop link immediately for the fun of it, I don't mind who I freeplay with. If I want to go for some rares, I'd probably do it solo online or with some added friends. I like helping lower levels, as higher levels helped me when I was in this situation, and of course you get those situations where you can basically kick back and relax because it's normal but some Lvl 100 'Got best weps, Mags, Techs, Etc.' Person is steamrollering every enemy that the game throws at you.

Obviously, I try to chip in, but when that happens I have trouble getting to them in time. xD

bns1991
May 14, 2011, 08:30 PM
When I play online (and its not that often), I usually play on super hard. I'm not really picky on what area I want to make a run through. I'm down to go anywhere on SH. If only we could do tower runs...

kirtblue
May 15, 2011, 05:15 AM
i only do areas where im still looking for stuff so all difficulties but not all areas

Bashin
May 15, 2011, 02:09 PM
normally just play SH in the shrine, mostly with japanese players, but if i'm in the mood to pretend i'm a super powerful melee fighter, i'll play normal/hard with my FOnewearl xD

Bashin
May 15, 2011, 02:11 PM
When I play online (and its not that often), I usually play on super hard. I'm not really picky on what area I want to make a run through. I'm down to go anywhere on SH. If only we could do tower runs...

^ THIS. Tower runs online regardless how long they might be would be amazing. They'd probably be shorter runs too seeing as most people are probably level 100 with really good equips for every monster/boss fight.

Chaos Rappy
May 15, 2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah, but don't forget you won't have those handy meatshields around for when those dual Arkzeins appear and the missiles start coming at full barrage. My one and only thought about online ET besides "WHY ISN'T IT AVAILABLE?" really. :/

Shotte
May 15, 2011, 03:08 PM
Ugh, Arkzeins. A Tie for me with Zaphobos as the toughest and Most annoying Large Enemy, probably slightly ahead. Zaphobos are only up there because of how annoying they are VS Mechguns, seeing as Mech-Gun Range = Range of their 'Bone Sword Slash', Which is very tricky to dodge seeing as it connects so fast. At least with Arkzeins if you get in close they stop shooting and start the gun barrages, And if you decide to go to point-blank range, that misses you.

So, a reason to dust off the old spear then. Mines are a pain if you get caught, they tend to glue you there like octo diablo's spin slap before unloading the Pain like a garbage truck.

Zaphobos' arm throw is under-rated for annoyance, particularly in single player because, say, Kai's Meat shielding while I'm throwing out a few quick MG Combos at them, he throws the arm at Kai, I keep attacking, and suddenly from the back you get whacked for a hit or 2, Throwing you off balance.

Chaos Rappy
May 15, 2011, 03:15 PM
Eh, Zaphobos aren't that tough, really... Just get behind them and start strafing them in synch with how fast they turn to face you and it's an easy victory; or, you just get behind them and pummel their sides in with a saber or spear for quick attacks while he's trying to face you. They're really slow to turn too, which only makes things that much easier. :/

But I will agree they hate rangers... they were my RAmar's nemesis for ranged resistance and complete with utter power to annihilate him in a stroke or two if they whim'd it, only adding to the annoyance of RAmars' smushiness. >.>

Shotte
May 15, 2011, 03:51 PM
They're not incredibly difficult as such, I agree with what you say. All I have to do is switch to a rifle, handgun or cannon and retreat to the suitable range, and apart from that incredibly slow throw it's not too bad. It's mainly a time rather than danger level thing, as with Finjers, as it slows down my DPS Considerably. They pose more of a threat in packs, as in Eternal tower, or with Enemies such as Eulids and Even the normally weak Zerreros covering their backs. Euilds can cause a bit of damage with that stretch leg slam, enough to interrupt you, allowing the Zaphobos/Phobos' to unleash a couple of attacks, and Zerreros can flinch you with the fireball, just about.

Leaving them 'till later ends up with you spending time whittling away the Large monster's fairly considerable HP While a bunch of DS Monsters attack you from your blind spot.

Arkzeins tend to have a weaker back up, with Korses' bullets not enough to flinch, and Finjers rarely seeming to come in parties with them. Also, Arca Plant rooms often tend to have big circles or other shapes in the middle through which bullets cannot hit. The Ako/Ko's bad AI Leads to them gathering on the other side and trying to shoot at you while you go toe-to-toe with the Arkzein/s. Also, they have pretty low health, compared to Eulids/Zerreros.

bns1991
May 15, 2011, 05:15 PM
I have the most trouble with Arkzeins. When faced with their dual threat, I use a shield to get into a position where one kills the other and I can easily take the other one. I look forward to encounters with the Zaphobos with the hope that it might be the Zaphobos Dyna. I'm still looking for the Yonohate In.

Atbar
May 16, 2011, 12:26 AM
With the discussion of Arkzeins occurring in this thread, it seems every enemy I have the most problems in this game are among the machine family including the Arkzeins. One interesting quirk about the Arkzeins though is their missiles can hit other enemies in the room and actually hurt them. With that said, the last few times I've done freeplay, I had it set to SH with all the areas selected. I have noticed if I go on freeplay at the right time, then I should be able to be paired up without it annoyingly defaulting me onto normal valley. The best time is in the middle of the night where I live when I run into all the JP players on freeplay.