PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Zero Revival Disbanding

Windancer
May 14, 2011, 09:03 PM
Where to start? Well Let's start at the beginning! November 09, 2010 I hopped on over to gamestop to pick me up a copy of Phantasy Star Zero for the Nintendo DS. I sure wasn't expecting to much even though the reviews had been pretty stellar about the release. I had been rather unhappy with 3d game engines on the DS up until this point. I was so impressed with Phantasy Star Zero I wanted to play with everyone. I had been an off and on visitor at Pso world for a couple years in my PSO days from the dreamcast. Hey Mikey let's try Pso-world.com! SO off I go.

Upon Arrival back at Pso-world.com first thing I noticed was a board for Phantasy Star Zero and a Matchups section. I caught a few games from the matchups section in the beginning but really needed more....MORE PEEPS! then I was invited to a group with about 8 members where I met Joni and Alice for the first Time. I broke away from that Group and Created a Blog Called the Blue Rogues with a live Chatroom. I cant remember the exact time frame on creation of the Blue Rogues but it was Early 2011. I shot invites to Alice and Joni who jumped over to the Blue Rogues and we were off and runnin. I also invited AtBHR and what a pleasant surprise he turned out to be. He helped with event days by hosting games in the morning for peeps who could only play in the morning and also played with us at night. Alice also pitched in on event days doing the same thing when games got overcrowded and in the beginning they did get overcrowded. It was awesome those early days! half of your friendslist online!

I cant remember but Blue Rogues seemed to go on for about a year before we broke that up and became the Revival. The whole premise of the revival was to Revive a dying game. Which I think we succeeded in. The Revival had a different twist on things. You make 1 of 2 planned games a month and you stay in the group. Lots of peeps were banned haha! it was light hearted Banning though all one had to do was ask to be re-instated and walla back in the group. It kept us some healthy play for months and also added a bit of competition so you didnt get a ban. we had revivals for Goofy weapon usage only day and also a max combo day. it was alot of fun. Dont talk to me about going for Rage Tonfas! How many Times did we run ruins only to get not one pair of Rage Tonfas! what a great time!

Fast Foward and a little bit about myself. I had cancer a few years back and chemo has left me with one agonizing thing called Neuropathy. Constant Numbness in my hands and feet, ear ringing and at times just down-right pain coursing through my body. PITY PARTY OVER! I had to take a break from the Revival after over a year of hosting and AtBHR took over for me. I was absent for months and the Revival Carried on. I recently got back in touch with AtBHR to discover that he too had become burnt out to PSZ. We have been in discussions this week about me taking the group back over. I do not think im capable of doing so at this time. So a heavy hearted decision was made to disband the group. Me, AtBHR, Alice and Joni have been going at this a longtime. Me and AtBHR had not really spoken with Joni or Alice about Disbanding but were pretty sure they may feel the same way its time for us to move on and maybe someone else out there somewhere with some energy to do so Start up another Revival for PSZ.

I think its just plain and simple.......weve done all we can, we cant do no more! With no Regrets its time for the Revival to wind down. It's been a great ride with great friends on the best online game the DS had to offer. So on 4-2-12 sometime during the day the Revival Group page will be Disbanded. Is it the end of the revival Days? Well it shouldnt be! if you play PSZ and have some energy to lead people and make some rules and stick to those rules you can start up your own revival or whatever you want to call it and keep it going. There are so many great peeps playing the game. If you have any questions on starting up a group such as this contact me through PM I would be happy help you get going. I feel the end is near..................

**BOWS**

Shade_Koopa
May 15, 2011, 01:48 PM
Ah i see; and when would they be again? I've been really out of the loop because of RL stuff and junk.

Windancer
May 15, 2011, 04:42 PM
Ah i see; and when would they be again? I've been really out of the loop because of RL stuff and junk.

We have a revival day next saturday at 10am pacific time 1pm eastern time. So far we have had 3 games up and running with 3 to 4 people in each group its been pretty awesome. we also have been very active on the group page playing games throughout the week. If you want to join I will throw an invite out to ya

chibipocky15
May 15, 2011, 08:57 PM
-waves hand around like a wacko-
iz on alotz :D

chibipocky15
May 15, 2011, 09:02 PM
Can Iz joinz?

Light dragon
May 15, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'm interested in joining if possible

Windancer
May 15, 2011, 10:20 PM
Sent all you guys invites :)

Windancer
May 18, 2011, 12:21 AM
The next REvival is this saturday at 10am pacific time be sure to pm me or post here so we can get you added to the group

vexco
May 18, 2011, 12:36 PM
i'm down to join :)

Windancer
May 19, 2011, 10:10 PM
Vexco I sent you an invite dont forget the next Revival is this saturday at 10am Pacific 1pm eastern time

Light dragon
May 19, 2011, 10:12 PM
Im looking forward to it...as long im not sleeping >_>;

vexco
May 21, 2011, 11:17 AM
i'm having an issue...my DS top screen is only outputting green color :( it looks really weird. it could be due to the top detaching from the bottom(thanks to dropping it) but it's hard to play like that, bleh.

Windancer
May 21, 2011, 08:06 PM
We lost 4 members to bans this week which took the group down to 20 people. If anyone is interested in joining just post here or pm me I will send you an invite we are looking for about 5 active people to join us for the Bi-weekly PSZ revivals. Rules are pretty simple make 1 of the 2 revivals a month stay in the group. It's been really cool so far. Norco, Mustache, Shotte, Zeal and a few others in the group have been hosting many games between revivals. If interested jump on board :)

Aerostar89
May 22, 2011, 04:57 PM
Could I join?

Name: Aero
FC: 5071-4809-0552
lvl 65 Human Hunter, might try a force soon.

Windancer
May 23, 2011, 04:40 PM
Could I join?

Name: Aero
FC: 5071-4809-0552
lvl 65 Human Hunter, might try a force soon.

YES! Yes you can LOL Im kicking you an invite now

Windancer
May 25, 2011, 02:44 PM
Had a great time last night aerostar hope to see you in a couple weeks at the revival game

Mohawkmate
May 26, 2011, 01:05 PM
Send an invite my way. I'm in GMT, so all you Americans might be playing while I'm asleep. Might be a problem :-?

Windancer
May 26, 2011, 01:30 PM
I will kick you an invite we have a guy in europe maybe his time will be better for you to hookup. also I will try and make some Time slots for your time

Mohawkmate
May 27, 2011, 03:52 AM
I'll wait and see what times you're arranging then see what I can do. Might be able to catch you if you're planning for early morning your time.

Mustache
May 28, 2011, 04:29 PM
We have Shotte in the UK and Norco that's one hour off, not sure where in Europe he lives. Anyway, they're both some of the more active members in the group and are always putting games up.

XxGoregrinderxX
May 28, 2011, 04:36 PM
I would join too but i havent got wifi at the moment. DDDDDDD:
Im from Germany.

Fabinhu9
May 29, 2011, 06:32 AM
Ill join.

Im lv 22.

Add me in skype or msn.

fabiofixe9 or [email protected]

my FC is:

0475 5743 5193

plz add me, ill add u guys too.

Windancer
May 29, 2011, 03:07 PM
Just invited you to the group Fabinhu. Our next revival day is this coming saturday and I will be hosting some games in the next couple days in the evenings

phantasydragon
May 29, 2011, 03:11 PM
hi id like to join you

7thCylon
Jun 2, 2011, 01:38 AM
anyone on?

GRIMMM
Jun 2, 2011, 01:33 PM
I'm on right now , stuck in freeplay

Robert_Garcia
Jun 3, 2011, 04:07 AM
I haven't played this game in months. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

Windancer
Jun 3, 2011, 08:53 PM
Be sure and pm me for an invite as the next revival is tommorrow morning at 10am pacific time. if you want to get in please pm me

Windancer
Jun 9, 2011, 07:54 PM
Next revival day is 6-15-11 @ 3pm pacific time if anyone is interested in playing with us

Windancer
Jun 15, 2011, 08:30 PM
We started the Revival at 10am this morning instead of 3pm. Just finished whew! We had 10 people involved today and it was great fun. Got a couple rares but still trying to find the Rage Tonfas those things hate me! Thanks everyone who participated. It's officially over for today but rest assured we will back ina couple weeks..................

7thCylon
Jun 16, 2011, 01:47 AM
darn missed another one

Windancer
Jun 16, 2011, 05:53 PM
catch the next one on July 9th we are doing a freeplay raid starting at 10am pacific time

Windancer
Jul 8, 2011, 09:41 AM
We are going to ban a couple members this week so if anyone is interested we are actively adding people to the group

Atbar
Jul 8, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's event definitely.

Omunall
Jul 9, 2011, 05:05 AM
So I saw a PM about joining this group and i'm curious; what are the revivals? I mean how do you make sure people go on and play on a 4 team game? How do they work? (Is it just everyone gets on and people host games or what?)

Also, my characters as well as my wifes are all low levels...would this be an issue?

Windancer
Jul 9, 2011, 09:55 AM
We started the group to keep PSZ alive and well. How it works is that we host 2 gamedays a month. You get everyone Friend codes in the group and just join games on the 2 meetings we have. However alot of members have been starting games during the week also. Now we do try to stay active so what we do is just require members to make 1 of the 2 revival days. If a member misses 2 days they get a ban. Bans are really light hearted all a person who gets banned needs to do is pm me to get back into the group. Its been alot fun so far. we've been doing this for months and have averaged 2 group of 4 people at each revival day. Also the revival days usually go on all day so even if you cant make the time on a revival you can hookup with someone later in the day.

Atbar
Jul 9, 2011, 10:15 AM
Hey, Omunall, having low levels won't be an issue so feel free to climb aboard.

LordNiko
Jul 21, 2011, 01:05 PM
add me plz i wanna play like i used 2

Rockito
Jul 22, 2011, 11:52 AM
Nice group , could you add me to the group too?

StriderTuna
Jul 31, 2011, 04:12 AM
There's no issues of Being levels ahead of one's current gear (5 star grinded/low 6 star) stuff? As I'm thinking about joining the group. I'm catching up slowly but surely as I play through hard and get my trade gig going.

Zettaizero
Aug 1, 2011, 06:07 AM
I'm an active player, usually get online everyday from the time I bought it. I would like to participate with the group's revivals.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 06:29 AM
I'm an active player, usually get online everyday from the time I bought it. I would like to participate with the group's revivals.

Suddenly I feel like I play less and less... probably because I'm not up for the Eternal Tower...

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 06:31 AM
Guess I might as well join anyway...

Zettaizero
Aug 1, 2011, 07:22 AM
Suddenly I feel like I play less and less... probably because I'm not up for the Eternal Tower...

Yeah, the tower is quite a stretch but can be done in a few days take lots of breaks.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 07:46 AM
I know, lol I gave up on Day 2 on floor 42.

StriderTuna
Aug 2, 2011, 08:56 PM
I remember what that as like, I used sleep mode a few times (mainly when I was at work or sleeping), as I pressed onwards, though it would have been easier if i knew I could gwn eo back to town every 10 floors.

Also I'm interested in the club but I'm not sure what my plans would look like.

Brave-Charm
Aug 2, 2011, 10:00 PM
Omg I forgot D:!

LightCaliber
Aug 12, 2011, 08:52 PM
id like to play with some of you guys if thats ok :)
LC
lvl 30 FOmar
<--- FC

Dr. Montague
Aug 18, 2011, 08:28 PM
Is it alright if I join this? I've recently been getting a lot more into the online portion of this game and this place seems to be the "go-to" for PS0 online.

PS0 nickname: Montague, FC in the side, and currently running a LV 40 HUmar, LV 84 FOnewm, and a LV 8 RAcaseal.

Daak
Aug 19, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hmm this sounds like fun ... =)
I am always up for a run =)
RAcast lv 72

@Yo
Aug 25, 2011, 06:20 PM
I do not play much, but I guess I can play 2 times a month. =D

Roseary
Sep 6, 2011, 01:35 AM
I'd like to get in on this action of PS0!

Inexx
Sep 8, 2011, 01:59 AM
Im down to play, I want to get in on this, let me know!

Eclipse5632
Sep 12, 2011, 09:56 PM
When's the next revival? =o

Silly Pirate
Sep 12, 2011, 11:45 PM
Im very interested, i try to play online at least every day, just to see who is on.

ZeekTheSweet
Sep 14, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hey I recently started playing again cause I have wi-fi again. I would love to try and get others to play this game as much (or more) so please add me to this group. I would REALLY appreciate it X3

Gunslinger-08
Sep 26, 2011, 08:47 PM
I'm down if this is still ongoing.

DoctorShanks
Sep 29, 2011, 07:15 AM
@Gunslinger: Yes, this group is still active, there are some people who often play in between revivals and there's always quite a few messages posted everyday, either about PSZ discussion or in game meetings. I'm not so sure if Windy monitors this thread. Perhaps you could try PMing him to get his attention?

Lesita
Oct 7, 2011, 03:10 PM
i started to play recently too, please add me :D

Windancer
Oct 10, 2011, 09:18 AM
I have not posted here in a while. so many people have asked to join the group over the last year. People come and go But the group is still going very strong. Pretty much games break out every night and we have had tremendous attendance for the Revivals. I want to thank all Present and Past members for making PSZ The absolute best game on the DS! I do not know How long this will keep going But I intend to keep it going as long as we still have players to play Phantasy Star Zero

cyanprime
Oct 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
Anyone wanna play PS0 with me?

RLbitClassica
Oct 17, 2011, 12:01 PM
Hey can i join your revival? it sounds really awesome

HUcast Omega
Oct 18, 2011, 01:58 PM
This group sounds interesting. I don't have a wifi area to go to yet, but I'm still looking. Mind if I throw my hat in with you guys?

Nerraw
Oct 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
i just joined this site i thought the game was dead i want in on this

Nerraw
Oct 19, 2011, 11:43 AM
im down for this

Lixxy78
Oct 20, 2011, 06:21 AM
like wise. been looking for a bit of play ? times?

Seven7
Oct 20, 2011, 09:02 AM
I would. Like to join to

Seven7
Oct 20, 2011, 10:29 AM
I would really like to join

Seven7
Oct 20, 2011, 10:31 AM
I would like to join

Atbar
Oct 20, 2011, 11:14 PM
Seriously, double and triple posting the same thing isn't going to get you invited to the group faster. If you want to get invited to the group, then go PM Windancer instead of spamming this thread.

Reksanden
Oct 20, 2011, 11:28 PM
Thinking about playing PSZ again. If I decide to, i'll ask to join.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 24, 2011, 04:49 PM
So... any word on when we can get brought into the group?

Atbar
Oct 24, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hmmm....you could PM Windancer for an invite, Gunslinger-08. That goes for anyone else here looking to get an invite to the group if Windancer hasn't gotten back to you.

NeoSyphon
Nov 5, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hi guys, I'd quite like to join your group! I'm friends with one of your members DMatthews and it was him that mentioned it to me!

Look forward to hearing from you :D

DoctorShanks
Nov 5, 2011, 08:40 PM
I've added you Chris. Also, I think it would be a godd idea to PM Windy to get an invite to the group; he doesn't really check this thread anymore.

@All: We're looking for active members to not only make Revivald, but to possibly play in between revivals. This group almost always has games going on every afternoon on both weekdays and weekends, and half the time we're short a person ^^;

If you aren't level 60, start grinding. We'll do everything in our power to help you achieve SH levels and strength. My rule is: If you aren't hitting for over 150 damage, then something is wrong with your build or weapon. What I can do as an end-game member of this group is I can help you with Material setups, and I can provide you with Free 7* weapons with Element levels of two or higher. The catch? I want to see activity. If we can be friends then I will help you :)

I honestly didn't mean to write all of that; I got a little carried away. I guess you would call this "promoting the company?"

The_Pup
Nov 6, 2011, 04:58 PM
Started playing again. Guess I'll join... *sends a couple of PMs*

Norco
Nov 8, 2011, 06:28 AM
I am Norco the PSZ-Revival HUnewm, also a Eternal Tower pro if I may say so. I can provide with several useful hints to make the tower run as smooth and relaxing as possible.

I can help with most about anything. as my character can both assume the roll of support and/or dps. I also have several items which I think I can just throw away.

Atbar
Nov 9, 2011, 07:34 PM
I should mention Windancer's limiting invites to either those who have 20 or more posts on PSO-World or anyone currently in the group right now recommends. It's mostly to prevent those who make accounts on here saying "I'LL PLAY EVERYDAY!" and then drop from the face of the Earth. Also, Windancer doesn't check this thread at all so you'll have to PM him for an invite.

Judekhanzo
Nov 12, 2011, 10:31 AM
I'm willing to play with people. Hell I wanna power level with people (I'm only level 11 right now) I just wanna get some rare claw weapons. If people play with me I will give them some rare equips, I bought the game used and the save file had some rare stuff in the joint trunk I don't even want. However if you have rare claw weapons I'd love to trade for some of them.

Also if you guys have skype I'd prefer to communicate through that, since chatting through the touch screen is awkward. My FC is in my userinfo.

RLbitClassica
Nov 12, 2011, 04:48 PM
On an off note, why is your title "GTA SUCKS"? That's just asking to start an argument with someone.

Reksanden
Nov 29, 2011, 01:28 AM
I'd LOVE to join. Only problem? My DS trolled me and hid it's charger.

Atbar
Nov 29, 2011, 01:29 AM
Windancer is experiencing some difficulties in real life that I won't get into, hence, I am now the leader of the group until his return. I still stand by Windancer's requirements of either having 20 or most posts on PSO-World or recommendation by current members of the group.

Norco
Dec 5, 2011, 06:38 AM
As of recently there have been quite a spark in activity imo, could just be because I have been more active and it just seems that way. Either way I think now is a pretty good time to join ^_^

Atbar
Dec 6, 2011, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I agree there has been a spark in activity lately. :)

RayVolution
Dec 10, 2011, 01:40 AM
I wanna add to the spark :) sign me up...PS0 is getting boring for me cause i got no one to quest with :(

hobowitha50cal
Dec 12, 2011, 03:30 AM
I really want to join but I don't always have Wi-Fi access. : ( Is it still possible to join you guys and only be active like once a week or so?

Norco
Dec 12, 2011, 05:13 AM
We have two members who can only get online on saturdays so that works yes. Posting inbetween is encouraged since we are a social gaming group ^_^

hobowitha50cal
Dec 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
Funny that you say that because I may actually be on Saturday, no idea what time though (probably evening).

Norco
Dec 12, 2011, 12:31 PM
Just saying evening will not say much. You will have to say which timezone xD

hobowitha50cal
Dec 12, 2011, 12:46 PM
Oh shoot, you're right. It will be Eastern. When I go back to Central, I'll make sure to tell you guys.

Atbar
Dec 12, 2011, 01:13 PM
I wanna add to the spark :) sign me up...PS0 is getting boring for me cause i got no one to quest with :(

I should let you know that I'm requiring people either having 10 posts on the forums or getting recommended by other group members to join. This is mostly enforced because this group has had a lot of members that join up with only one post saying "I'LL MAKE GAMES EVERYDAY!" and then vanish from the face of the Earth.

eXigent
Dec 15, 2011, 02:21 AM
I would like to join the group. I am very active and I believe I would be able to make the meetings each month without a problem. I am a long term gamer when it comes to Action RPGs

Darkus
Dec 15, 2011, 01:20 PM
I'd like to join as weeell :D

Atbar
Dec 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
ATTENTION! Due to a large increase in members, I will be closing recruitment for the time being. I will probably open up recruitment again sometime after the new year. I want to give the new members who have join in this month a chance to settle in. Thank you.

LuneFox
Dec 17, 2011, 07:02 AM
I'd like to join too... P.S. I'm not new to PSOW, and I won't just vanish without saying a word :3 You can always contact me.
P.S. I won't be able to play during Christmas holidays.

Atbar
Dec 17, 2011, 11:14 PM
Sorry, recruitment is closed right now. It may reopen again after the new year. There has been so many new members pouring in lately and want to give everyone a chance to settle in. When I reopen recruitment, I may drop the whole post requirement thing as well (I previously required everyone interested to have 10 posts or be recommended by other group members).

LuneFox
Dec 18, 2011, 07:34 AM
Okay then, I'll join after Jan 5th ~

Atbar
Dec 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
Recruitment is still close for the time being. I plan on reopening recruitment in the next week or two. I will drop the 10 posts requirement and/or recommendations by other group members and invite those who express interest. I would rather people don't come promising me they can make all the meetings and such. I would rather let everyone prove that with their actions. ;-)

Norco
Jan 1, 2012, 05:47 PM
PSZ-Revival is once again recruiting ^_^

Atbar
Jan 1, 2012, 10:47 PM
Yes, and there's no post requirements anymore. Just show interest.

ShapeSBB
Jan 5, 2012, 10:57 PM
Uhh.. i can enter?

Zelon
Jan 10, 2012, 12:42 AM
Umm if possible can i be added as well please. i would like to actualy play with some people, i have finaly gotten me a new well simi new ds and now can play again, probly going to remake character been so long sense i could play i dont remember anything lol

Norco
Jan 10, 2012, 01:10 AM
I am sure that if you pm AtBHR that can be arranged or you could wait for him to read this, sending a PM goes slightly faster I think xD

Zelon
Jan 10, 2012, 09:21 AM
kk thanks, i dont realy post alot kinda prefer to just read threads to posting, but i love this series and im realy jonesing for my ps fix but hate playing alone lol

Atbar
Jan 11, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, you do get a faster response if you leave a message on my visitor wall or send me a private message. There's no need to do both since I'll see one or the other when I log in anyhow.

DoctorShanks
Feb 9, 2012, 03:36 PM
Bump. For those of you who may be interested, this group is still booming with activity with regular H/SH games happening in-between revivals (to my knowledge). AtBHR is still accepting PM's/VM's for anyone who wishes to join.

Atbar
Feb 18, 2012, 03:16 PM
This group is having a revival today and lots of PSZ players have shown up. :)

DoctorShanks
Mar 5, 2012, 10:30 AM
Bump. AtBHR is on Hiatus so recruitment is closed for quite some time. However, we will still continue to host games every now and then for those interested.

Atbar
Mar 26, 2012, 12:09 PM
I am going to step down as leader and return it to Windancer as of today. I have PM'ed the proper moderator to do this. The group should be back up and running once Windancer is leader again.

~Seph~
Mar 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
Looks forward to new activity!!

ShapeSBB
Mar 30, 2012, 12:26 AM
im online

Atbar
Apr 2, 2012, 03:58 PM
The PSZ-R group has now been deleted. For details why: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193857

gordth
Jan 27, 2013, 09:29 PM
Hello people. I'd like to join, but I can't be online every day or even frequently because I don't have an internet connection at home, so I depend on friends for it. Anyway, I will try and play as consistently as possible. just add my fc 3053 6698 5260.

My nick is Dude WUT

sml_psZ
Feb 3, 2013, 02:05 PM
I added your friend code gordth, just pm me if you're ever on. i'm usually on between ten and midnight CST, only real window i get between school and work. except weekends, like today=)