PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
May 17, 2011, 03:25 AM
Just got an email from Amazon about this years Crime of Decency Macho Wankfest 3 release. Well I can safely say that Battlefield 3, released 4 days before should suitably batter and bruise MW3 release. I won't be buying another COD title. They're rapidly degraded in quality over the years it's falling in love with it's own image and the quality and depth is suffering. Nowadays it relies on overtly cinematic scenes which are played out to you instead of you actually playing the game, the FPS genre is just getting so tedious. I gave up at Modern Warfare (the original).

I've played the other titles since but they've got as much depth as a puddle, and the constant mention of zombies is infuriating, just play Killing Floor see where it all began, and where it still excels with over 150+ levels and just a much better gameplay experience...anyays.

They're pricing MW3 for consoles at £55...ridiculous. Rather funny though, they know they can charge £10 more than any other console game and these retards will happily buy it and be hanging on for the next COD release. However i'm confident BF3 will wipe the floor with COD, and rightly so.

Still, November we're spoilt for choice with releases... BF3, Skyrim, Hitman 5... good times all round :-D But I wouldn't touch MW3 with a crud encrusted barge pole

Tifa

Retehi
May 17, 2011, 03:39 AM
"Raghagragh, I don't like this game series."

KodiaX987
May 17, 2011, 07:30 AM
If there's no Titan mode, I'm not buying it.

I'm not interested in either FFA deathmatches or the turtle-slow agony of conquest mode.

joefro
May 17, 2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah man, those teaser trailers with no gameplay really indicate that the game is going to be trash!

Delete
May 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
I don't see why a lot of people are always hating on COD. It's not the best game in the world, but it is entertaining. Judging by the amount of people who still play the COD franchise, there still doing good. Single player mode has been pretty good for the most part, and the multiplayer has always been simple and easy to get into.

Zarode
May 17, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah man, those teaser trailers with no gameplay really indicate that the game is going to be trash!

It has Call of Duty in the name, it's already trash.

Delete
May 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
It has Call of Duty in the name, it's already trash.

I just didn't know people can see the future yet, but alas we have discovered a way to do that too.
You shouldn't be expecting big changes in a game like this, it's probably gonna stick to the same formula which people have come to love. That doesn't make it trash, it doesn't make it necessarily good either. But for everyone who talks down to this game so much, ask yourself this? Can you make a better game? Hell No.

BIG OLAF
May 17, 2011, 12:53 PM
I don't like Call of Duty.

No big deal. Gears 3 comes out in, what, September? I'll be set.

MESeele
May 17, 2011, 01:12 PM
Or they could make a Timesplitters4! Or rare could get their collective ass in gear and make a Perfect Dark sequel that doesn't cause me to bleed from my eyes.

Ishia
May 17, 2011, 01:36 PM
I don't like Call of Duty because its defining a road to the future of gaming. With Modern Warfare being one of the fastest selling games and MW2 as THE fastest selling game of all time, more and more developers will focus on just FPSs and nothing else. We are heading towards another video game crash if this continues.

Guess who's to blame? The developers? Nope, the gamers. Those people who happily paid for OVERPRICED DLC for MW2 and Black Ops are justifying Activision's reasons for raising the prices on their games and everything. More developers and publishers are mostly likely to follow suit. It's so irritating.

Powder Keg
May 17, 2011, 02:49 PM
I don't like Call of Duty because its defining a road to the future of gaming. With Modern Warfare being one of the fastest selling games and MW2 as THE fastest selling game of all time, more and more developers will focus on just FPSs and nothing else. We are heading towards another video game crash if this continues.

Guess who's to blame? The developers? Nope, the gamers. Those people who happily paid for OVERPRICED DLC for MW2 and Black Ops are justifying Activision's reasons for raising the prices on their games and everything. More developers and publishers are mostly likely to follow suit. It's so irritating.
This was to be expected since gaming has become mainstream, though.

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2011, 04:07 PM
Another Tifa hating on something he doesn't like thread.

Typical.

amtalx
May 17, 2011, 09:37 PM
Don't you get it? All the CoD hating hipster rhetoric means you have refined taste and gives you gamer street cred.

andrewrew
May 17, 2011, 09:47 PM
Timesplitters 4 would be awesome. Also, when does BF3 comeout? I haven't found an official release date.

Airalean
May 17, 2011, 10:43 PM
I went to gamestop today to pick up a copy of L.A Noire, when I asked the guy working there about the posters behind the counter he told me you get on for pre-ordering MW3, then proceeded to try and convince the guys behind me to pre-order it. He didn't even bother asking me if I wanted to pre-order it. He must have known better. >:I

Retehi
May 18, 2011, 01:12 AM
ask yourself this? Can you make a better game? Hell No.

This is such a retarded phrase, it doesn't even make any sense.

You don't have to be a chef to say the food sucks at a restaurant.

You don't have to be a film director to say a movie you watched was terrible.

You don't have to be an artist to say someone's drawing is bad.

Though, take into account this applies in past tenths, judging the game now is indeed pretty idiotic.

Nitro Vordex
May 18, 2011, 02:50 AM
But for everyone who talks down to this game so much, ask yourself this? Can you make a better game? Hell No.
I made this game called hide and seek tag base. Best game ever, and it was free to play. No cash shop features, and continuous updates. Had I released it to the general public, IGN would have given it a 9/10, only knocking a point off because they'd be too fuck ass lazy to play the game.

Delete
May 18, 2011, 11:22 AM
This is such a retarded phrase, it doesn't even make any sense.

You don't have to be a chef to say the food sucks at a restaurant.

You don't have to be a film director to say a movie you watched was terrible.

You don't have to be an artist to say someone's drawing is bad.

Though, take into account this applies in past tenths, judging the game now is indeed pretty idiotic.

I made this game called hide and seek tag base. Best game ever, and it was free to play. No cash shop features, and continuous updates. Had I released it to the general public, IGN would have given it a 9/10, only knocking a point off because they'd be too fuck ass lazy to play the game.

Killing 2 birds with one stone, actually it does make sense. Firstly, Nitro was obviously being sarcastic, I'm used to that by now so I won't bother. I asked if you can make a better game and you can't. It doesn't matter what kind of fail MW 3 may have, it's going to be light years better than what you can do because your just one person. Do you have hundreds of people or tons of money to make a game like so? Hell no. Makin Good games ain't easy and no matter what you say, MW is a successful franchise and will continue to be so.

PS: This coming from someone who is actually not a real fan of the game, I played Black Ops but that's really the only one I've gotten into. Just throwin that out there so people won't be like "wahhhhh, your a COD Noob."

CelestialBlade
May 18, 2011, 11:53 AM
Don't like it, don't buy it.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/backpain-1277406949.jpg

Zyrusticae
May 18, 2011, 05:24 PM
Killing 2 birds with one stone, actually it does make sense.
If you routinely use fallacies in your everyday thinking, yes, it will make sense. To you.

Here, I'll make it easy for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_accomplishment

Being an expert in an area, especially when it comes to the arts, is not at all a requirement for being able to critique it. Now stop being silly. :whip:

Retehi
May 18, 2011, 06:37 PM
I asked if you can make a better game and you can't. It doesn't matter what kind of fail MW 3 may have, it's going to be light years better than what you can do because your just one person.

That has to be the most condescending bullshit I seen regurgitated from this section in a while. I don't think anyone here is claiming they're an amazing game maker or whatever.

Also, single people/duos/small groups have gone leaps and bounds over what some mainstream hotshots can do, guess what? They don't get noticed because companies have the money for marketing. Your logic is akin to a group of construction workers, and engineers challenging 1 guy to make a better skyscraper.

Nitro Vordex
May 18, 2011, 08:51 PM
Killing 2 birds with one stone, actually it does make sense. Firstly, Nitro was obviously being sarcastic, I'm used to that by now so I won't bother. I asked if you can make a better game and you can't. It doesn't matter what kind of fail MW 3 may have, it's going to be light years better than what you can do because your just one person. Do you have hundreds of people or tons of money to make a game like so? Hell no. Makin Good games ain't easy and no matter what you say, MW is a successful franchise and will continue to be so. That's awfully harsh and incredibly stupid at the same time. You think because someone doesn't have metric fucktons of money and people to work on the game, that it's going to be bad? Case in point: Minecraft. That game had what, maybe 3 people working on it if they were lucky? Now the creator has over 2 million copies sold for the game, and it's only in beta. The game itself didn't have any viral marketing, it didn't have commercials or big name endorsements. For quite some time it was only by word of mouth. The game itself is still widely popular amongst PC gamers, and is still being updated and is soon to have a launch sometime in November.

Don't ever think that because a big game company is behind it that it's going to be the best game ever. Another case in point: the Sonic franchise as of late. I'm sure they have plenty of money AND people working on the games, and they were just screwing it up for the longest time.

Hell, even some independent movie makers are amazing, and they don't have big people like Fox or Pixar backing them, they just do it on their own.

PS: This coming from someone who is actually not a real fan of the game, I played Black Ops but that's really the only one I've gotten into. Just throwin that out there so people won't be like "wahhhhh, your a COD Noob."
Yeah, you're more of an argument noob, wah.

And who says I was being sarcastic? :wacko:

yoshiblue
May 19, 2011, 12:23 AM
Can't forget Cave Story! All made by one guy.

COD has their fan base scattered all over the place. Arguments that have gone here and there to nowhere. The games has gotten slightly worse or just bland IMO.

[SPOILER-BOX]I feel sorry for the people who say COD is the most skill required game out there. Even over counter strike. Sorry but I had to throw it out there.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Tetsaru
May 19, 2011, 04:10 AM
Waaaaaaay too many FPS games this gen, not enough 3D platformers imo. It's a shame that developers like Rare and Naughty Dog are no longer making games like Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc. I'd kill to see a LittleBigPlanet game that could make stuff on the scale of those games' levels and overworlds.

Delete
May 19, 2011, 06:14 AM
That has to be the most condescending bullshit I seen regurgitated from this section in a while. I don't think anyone here is claiming they're an amazing game maker or whatever.

Well, that's what it sounded like You were saying at first, so I'll back off there. Although Nitro clearly stated he was (Tag and seek whatever)

That's awfully harsh and incredibly stupid at the same time. You think because someone doesn't have metric fucktons of money and people to work on the game, that it's going to be bad? Case in point: Minecraft. That game had what, maybe 3 people working on it if they were lucky? Now the creator has over 2 million copies sold for the game, and it's only in beta. The game itself didn't have any viral marketing, it didn't have commercials or big name endorsements. For quite some time it was only by word of mouth. The game itself is still widely popular amongst PC gamers, and is still being updated and is soon to have a launch sometime in November.

Don't ever think that because a big game company is behind it that it's going to be the best game ever. Another case in point: the Sonic franchise as of late. I'm sure they have plenty of money AND people working on the games, and they were just screwing it up for the longest time.

Hell, even some independent movie makers are amazing, and they don't have big people like Fox or Pixar backing them, they just do it on their own.

Yeah, you're more of an argument noob, wah.

And who says I was being sarcastic? :wacko:

I didn't say 3 people can't make a good game, I was saying "You can't make a game as good as COD." Minecraft is great and I'll do ya one better, Megaman X corruption is being developed by one person. If they ever finish it, I'm sure it will get tons of downloads (be it free or not) and be one of the greatest Mega man games we've seen in a while.

And Argument noob? Cool story bro.

If you routinely use fallacies in your everyday thinking, yes, it will make sense. To you.

Here, I'll make it easy for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_accomplishment

Being an expert in an area, especially when it comes to the arts, is not at all a requirement for being able to critique it. Now stop being silly. :whip:

ummmm.....No.

Nitro Vordex
May 19, 2011, 11:25 AM
I didn't say 3 people can't make a good game, I was saying "You can't make a game as good as COD." Minecraft is great and I'll do ya one better, Megaman X corruption is being developed by one person. If they ever finish it, I'm sure it will get tons of downloads (be it free or not) and be one of the greatest Mega man games we've seen in a while.
So it sounds like you love the shit out of COD, saying IT'S SO GOOD YOU CAN'T MAKE GOOD GAME LIKE THAT MAN.

So, tell me what constitutes a good game. A bunch of fans? A big name studio backing it? Money? Budget?

Powder Keg
May 19, 2011, 01:02 PM
This is a pretty useless argument.

Nitro Vordex
May 19, 2011, 04:40 PM
Your face is useless.

Delete
May 19, 2011, 05:01 PM
So it sounds like you love the shit out of COD, saying IT'S SO GOOD YOU CAN'T MAKE GOOD GAME LIKE THAT MAN.

So, tell me what constitutes a good game. A bunch of fans? A big name studio backing it? Money? Budget?

Not really, I mean it's an ok game but that's about it. What makes a good game? The concept,playability, not really graphics but they do help, and some other stuff I'm probably missing. Fans and money don't make it good I know.

Your face is useless.
lol wth?

Zyrusticae
May 19, 2011, 05:13 PM
ummmm.....No.
BRILLIANT.

:barf:

Delete
May 19, 2011, 05:15 PM
BRILLIANT.
:barf:

I try...wut up with all that wasted space up there?

KodiaX987
May 19, 2011, 09:08 PM
The average customer wants a WWII or modern shooter with pretty graphics and cinematics, gameplay be damned.

Once IW figured it out, their computers started printing money.

Nitro Vordex
May 19, 2011, 10:18 PM
lol wth?
Just keepin' it classy.

Dongra
May 20, 2011, 02:52 AM
COD certainly isn't the greatest FPS series around but it isn't by any means a bad game either; however, it is highly overrated. The series is even more overrated than Halo which was used as a reference to define what an FPS was a few years ago, but now everyone thinks COD:MW when first person shooter is thrown around. Basically, it's a good game with a terrible community which reminds me of this other game I have played.