PDA

View Full Version : Club Commune

Atemisc
May 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm just curious. Does ANYTHING ever happen here? I never hear about anything ever going on here and it always seems to be empty even on Caelum. Just seems weird to me. Isn't it supposed to be for certain special events or something? It's like the quietest spot in the entire game.

BIG OLAF
May 18, 2011, 08:34 PM
It was for 1up Cup way back in the day.

Atemisc
May 18, 2011, 08:35 PM
Did it just stop being an interesting location after that, then? It just seems like it's in the game without a purpose now. Kinda' sad. Lovely place with no life there at all.

Ryno
May 18, 2011, 08:38 PM
i wonder the same too. becuase every event is always on the 5th floor. they should have it some where else. like they should have had the 3rd update event in club Commune

Atemisc
May 18, 2011, 08:40 PM
I often find myself coming into the Club once a week, just sitting around, looking around for a bit, and then leaving to continue whatever it is I might be doing. I just hate to see it so dead.

Ryno
May 18, 2011, 10:15 PM
only events i can remember that was not on the 5th floor are
1. event in club Commune / 1 up cup, 2. event in "Tenant Wanted" ( Lighting Carnival ) which is now GAM missions, etc., and the rest of the events on 5th floor. excluding GBR runs.

over a year ago i and some friends hosted a small community event there. that brought it back to life, :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWbJtK-3Nc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arm8ljvL1k0&feature=related

BIG OLAF
May 18, 2011, 11:56 PM
Yes, the club is a great place to go for little events or meetings. Sadly, it doesn't have much use besides that. If the JP severs still haven't used it for anything else, then it will probably never get used again.

Crysteon
May 19, 2011, 12:32 AM
I guess it's just suitable for random meet ups (like those "Meat and Grief" events...name changed on purpose, lol) and minor stuff like that o_O

BIG OLAF
May 19, 2011, 12:35 AM
I guess it's just suitable for random meet ups (like those "Meat and Grief" events...name changed on purpose, lol) and minor stuff like that o_O

Basically. Too bad. Like Atemisc said, it's a cool little place.

Crysteon
May 19, 2011, 12:43 AM
It's better and wider than an emo corner. Fact.

BIG OLAF
May 19, 2011, 12:45 AM
It's better and wider than an emo corner. Fact.

What exactly do you mean when you say "emo corner", though? :-o

Crysteon
May 19, 2011, 12:47 AM
You know...when an emo person says they need a physical space to be alone and stuff. o_o

BIG OLAF
May 19, 2011, 12:48 AM
You know...when an emo person says they need a physical space to be alone and stuff. o_o

Oh, I see. Yes, I suppose the Club could be used as a giant "emo corner", too. :-P

Atemisc
May 19, 2011, 01:16 AM
I just go to my in game room for that. To look at my boring little robot who refuses to change because I have to level it 20 more times. T-T

Mystic_Nessly
May 19, 2011, 06:52 AM
The last and only time the club was used was for event took place back in late 2007 for the regional servers. I also hope the club is used more!

There are actually more people in the club than shown in the video. My lil' Radeon 9250 graphics was doing its best showing only a few people at a time. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qtgh_LbXk

Lockon Stratos
May 19, 2011, 01:08 PM
we have clans meetings there every week. ive tried other lobbys but in the end we come back to the club. i like it best place ^_^

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 20, 2011, 03:18 AM
only events i can remember that was not on the 5th floor are
1. event in club Commune / 1 up cup, 2. event in "Tenant Wanted" ( Lighting Carnival ) which is now GAM missions, etc., and the rest of the events on 5th floor. excluding GBR runs.

Operation Firebreak also took place at varying lobbies around the game. But yeah, it's kinda sad to see a unique lobby fall into disuse like this. I very rarely go back in, it's just not the same without the over the top happy music...

Dragwind
May 20, 2011, 07:40 AM
It would be nice if it was used more often for official events.

Akaimizu
May 20, 2011, 07:47 AM
Nice reminder. Yeah. That Club hasn't gotten use much for a long time. I hate to make it look like a representative of the Disco is Dead clause.

Though it seems the (Lighting Carnival/Winter Event) location has been permanently changed to the GAS/GAM room, unless I'm mistaken.

Orochinagi
May 21, 2011, 03:23 PM
I actually think that they put the club there for players to use to hold their own events or meetings. I also believe that the club was to serve the purpose that the "4th floor" does. However, it is easier to stumble across random chatter on the 4th floor opposed to the club. Sonic Team was probably planning ahead for an uninterrupted common area in case there were higher populated servers.

bloodflowers
May 23, 2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1EzKxJFpA

It used to have good music until the copyright trolls whined about it.

Vintasticvin
May 24, 2011, 11:17 AM
Club commune is usualy used for player made gathering and "Phasion Shows"

@ Bloodflowers: Music is pretty good to me ^_^

bloodflowers
May 24, 2011, 01:28 PM
Club commune is usualy used for player made gathering and "Phasion Shows"

@ Bloodflowers: Music is pretty good to me ^_^

As good as 99 Red Balloons?

Doubt it.

Mordi
May 25, 2011, 08:33 AM
I saw some pubbies cybering in there the last time I went out of curiosity.

xBULLYDOGG
May 25, 2011, 09:54 AM
Oh japan still uses it. they use it every sunday night as a meeting spot to come up with new ideas of how to rid the server of importers.

Crysteon
May 25, 2011, 10:40 AM
Oh japan still uses it. they use it every sunday night as a meeting spot to come up with new ideas of how to rid the server of importers.

I'll try to re-interprete that as this:

Random Importers: Oh yay, let's do our meaningless meetings and phasion worshipping at a place where japanese dont gather!

*All importers gather at the Club*
*A sudden power outage happens*

Random Importers: Oh noes! The lights are gone and we dont know japanese to ask for help!!

Random japanese player, holding the power switch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

Vintasticvin
May 25, 2011, 12:58 PM
Luckily Im on a 360 server so no angry anti-importers after my head xD