PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Portable Remaster Series

N.i.r.v.a.n.a.
May 22, 2011, 09:20 AM
Basically, select japanese PlayStation Portable titles will be re-released on PlayStation 3

with enhancements and what have you. The first title selected for the remaster series

was Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.

http://kotaku.com/5804342/psp-games-coming-to-ps3-with-hd-visuals-extra-content

No word yet if this will make it to other countries. Personally I think it might :cool:

kazuma56
May 22, 2011, 10:56 AM
Another thing worth noting, is that PSP-Party/adhoc party works with the PS3 versions as well... so imagine PSPi on a PS3 with no claw controls and free online with HD visuals.... *drools*

darkante
May 22, 2011, 11:47 AM
That is nice.
Only that i won´t get a PS3 merely for that reason.

Fayorei
May 22, 2011, 01:15 PM
I dunno if it'll come to the US or even if we'd get PSP 2 on there...

But if we did I'd definitely go for it. I use OFW and a PSP 3000. A way out of using my mock-PS2 controller grip to just a PS3 Dual Shock. That'd rule.

kazuma56
May 22, 2011, 03:23 PM
My thing was/is, I have an old 20GB PS3 and I wasn't about to buy a new PS3 just to get ad-hoc party for my PSP (xlink kai sucks imo), now all those years of pseudo resentment for being an early adopter are gone... I'll GLADLY pay for PSP2/i, MHP3, MGS:PW, KH:BBS, FFT:WOTL, Jeanne d'arc, God Eater.... list goes on

Rashiid
May 22, 2011, 04:46 PM
Aww sweet Monster Hunter Portable 3rd! Oh wait, we don't even have that over here yet |:

Tell me when interesting games are added.

Checkmate
May 22, 2011, 10:30 PM
My thing was/is, I have an old 20GB PS3 and I wasn't about to buy a new PS3 just to get ad-hoc party for my PSP (xlink kai sucks imo), now all those years of pseudo resentment for being an early adopter are gone... I'll GLADLY pay for PSP2/i, MHP3, MGS:PW, KH:BBS, FFT:WOTL, Jeanne d'arc, God Eater.... list goes on

I second this! I would gladly buy again for these imports. Add in some multiplayer and I'm in heaven.

I don't feel loved when they make ideas like this and not consider the rest of the global gaming community. I get the notion that not everyone is a JRPG fan or dig the dating sims which will be big sellers in Japan for this project. I guess they figure the PSP to be a dead handheld in NA/EU/Overseas.

RAcast Extremist
May 22, 2011, 10:44 PM
Oooh Monster Hunter... *drools*

PrinceBrightstar
May 22, 2011, 11:02 PM
Apparently some Sony PSP games are planned to be remastered to the PS3 in HD. I know its a bit of a stretch but it'd be nice if PSP2i made the jump under this initiative. I've never liked the analog stick on the PSP system so this would be a nice treat and would give Playstation 3 owners something to play online since PSO2 is PC only.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/05/ps3-remastered-ps3-games/

kazuma56
May 23, 2011, 12:39 PM
I stand correected and will continue to lament... 20GB users still can't play with this HD remaster crap... because for some odd reason... it still needs WIFI to connect to ad-hoc party... EPIC FAIL on sony's part

Temprus
May 23, 2011, 01:10 PM
I can see Sega "re-mastering" Infinity so that I won't get it on my PSP.

Yes, I can see that happening. Just like Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. :-(

MESeele
May 23, 2011, 03:05 PM
I think I'd have trouble playing this series on anything other than a portable console now. Kind of how trying to play disgaea on ps2 after having the portable version doesn't work out so well.

Zeek123
May 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
That is nice.
Only that i won´t get a PS3 merely for that reason.

There's a game for that. I think they called it LittleBigPlanet

Rashiid
May 23, 2011, 05:54 PM

This is true until you play the game for about a week.
Then you realize...this is boring.

Ark22
May 23, 2011, 07:01 PM
Crisis Core for sure. Final Fantasy Type-0, psp2, MH series and MGSPW

JC10001
May 23, 2011, 08:41 PM
I will definitely be getting Monster Hunter. I hope Sega brings PSP2i out in HD for PS3. I would buy that in a second.

darkante
May 24, 2011, 07:23 AM

Lol, seriously? That's a lame reason.

Keilyn
May 24, 2011, 08:45 AM
To me that just spells disaster to the console itself.

I am not referring to "Identity" or any of that sort, but to the fact that in order to play most multiplayer games on a console, one usually deals with PC games ported to consoles. "Sony's" answer to this....is to try to bring in PSP titles to the PS3?

Sure, its a good idea on paper and many will buy, but it still means that old titles will be refreshed to be released through PS3 and stuff like that takes time. Time that would be better spent actually making newer games or updating old games.

This is why I mean "Disaster" as it seems that more and more buy PS3s, but only buy a handful of games so the hardware sells more than the software and that really isn't a good sign.

I don't know any person who owns over 15 titles on a PS3 who plays more than 4 of them regularly. But those are the same people who are split between playing PS3 titles and PSP titles too....

Seems to me PSP and PS3 are stealing each other's marketshare rather than grow out on their own.

Outrider
May 24, 2011, 11:39 AM
The PSP is on its way out. We're most likely going to see the NGP released before the end of the year. Porting these games to PS3 require minimal effort and will mostly likely turn a profit for them using assets that are in some cases years old and well past their sell-by date.

I am having a hard time seeing how this is anything but a good idea on Sony's part.

Zeek123
Jun 4, 2011, 12:55 AM
If Sony really intends to push the NGP hardware to the point that it's getting close to comparable PS3 quality graphics, this very well could be a gambit by Sony to test whether or not their loyal PSP customers would be interested in taking their console experience on the go. And also to make a quick buck and do a little fan service as they try to recover from the hack.

I know I'm personally excited to be getting to play Peacewalker on both my systems, and get the great opportunity to play through MGS 2 & 3 again in uprezzed HD.

Zeal
Jun 4, 2011, 01:48 AM
I think I'd be quite happy if this happened. Mostly because, even though I don't own a PSP, there are a few games that I'd like to play/have.