PDA

View Full Version : If you could have one weapon from PSU return...

Randomness
May 22, 2011, 07:17 PM
That isn't from PSO, what would it be?

Just curious whether anything in PSU was well-liked enough.

NoiseHERO
May 22, 2011, 07:44 PM
They added so much stuff that was like ripped from PSO I don't remember... anything newer I didn't see yet because it came out after I quit or it was "JP onry" or was on the handhelds...

Hmm...

Guess I'd say Blackheart saber was one of my trademark weapons,

Serafi dagger was pretty cool. ]:

SephirothXer0
May 22, 2011, 07:46 PM
You know, I can't recall anything from PSU that's actually memorable.

Let's see... Oh! The new weapons from Infinity! The SSPN Launcher would be nice. Or the Romulus double saber. Or the Steel Gaze double saber.

NoiseHERO
May 22, 2011, 07:57 PM
Wait isn't the romulus double sabers from psz...? D:

From the list of new items...that twin diska looks cool...

But.../cringe @ A rank

Niloklives
May 22, 2011, 08:36 PM
PSP2/i included?

joshboyd1209
May 22, 2011, 08:46 PM
PSP2/i included?
If so Pandora Extreme most definetly.

LK1721
May 22, 2011, 09:24 PM
PSU: Serafi Dagger
PSP2: Trident Crusher and/or Black Rebellion

Alnet
May 22, 2011, 11:00 PM
I tend to respond to this kind of question with three answers, one for each major archetype.

That said, Dagger of Serafi, Madan/Dual Mistilteinn, and Gaozoran Rod.

Miyoko
May 22, 2011, 11:41 PM
Love Inferno <3

•Col•
May 23, 2011, 12:44 AM
I was about to say that I didn't really have any weapons that I really liked in PSU...

They added so much stuff that was like ripped from PSO I don't remember... anything newer I didn't see yet because it came out after I quit or it was "JP onry" or was on the handhelds...

Hmm...

Guess I'd say Blackheart saber was one of my trademark weapons,

Serafi dagger was pretty cool. ]:

...until you reminded me of the Blackheart Saber. Even though it was pretty simple in design, I really liked it and it's probably one of my favorite weapons in terms of looks in PSU.

http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/6/60/Blackheart.png

RenzokukenZ
May 23, 2011, 02:02 AM
I liked a lot of the Swords in PSU, such as the Crea Swords and those 4 Yohmei Swords (well 3 Yohmei and 1 Kubara) that represent the Four Symbols.

But if I had to pick one, it's a tie between Caelum Fluge and Lightning Espada.

ARASHIKAGE
May 23, 2011, 02:16 AM
This is actually (to me) a really depressing thread, I just looked though the PSU weapon database too refresh my memory... I honestly can't pick one weapon I'd like to see return.

I'll explain; I enjoyed the bows and many others weapons in PSU (I had played every class, maxed every PA skill), I could put a list of possible favorites (looks only) but it would be pointless. In PSU it was all about getting the newest released weapon, elemental % and PA leveling. The weapons had little uniqueness themselves and only a few melee weapons had effects (which just borrowed from techer and gunner PAs effects).

OK, I'l play along; Rattl.... GAWH! I can't do it!

Demon-
May 23, 2011, 04:00 AM
Most of the PSU weapons were ok at best and they only started adding good looking weapons when the GC missions came out but I always did like my Morat Machinas.

http://psupedia.info/Morat_Machinas

landman
May 23, 2011, 04:17 AM
In PSU I feel more fond to brands than individual weapons: love A rank Tenora handguns and sabers, Yohmei A rank crosbows and bows, most S rank bows, claws, knuckles... the list could continue for all type of weapons. The fact that you need a plenty palette able to deal with all the possible elements and resistances in the game makes it harder to prefer one single weapon above the others. The Cubo Musrana is that one single weapon that I would have loved to use for its looks but I had other A ranks and S ranks with better grinds :P

Tyreek
May 23, 2011, 05:10 AM
I think in my perspective, slicers and sabers were memorable to a degree. But only because I used them a lot. I believe there were few unique designs from the series.

But since I can choose only one: Asura-Hiken.

Vashyron
May 23, 2011, 09:34 AM
http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/b/bf/Ignis.png http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/b/b1/Exam.png

NoiseHERO
May 23, 2011, 09:47 AM
/adds carriguine rucar to the list

Milla
May 23, 2011, 10:55 AM
Tumikiri Hyori i love them bad boys!

r00tabaga
May 23, 2011, 11:44 AM
The Exam saber.......ahhhhhh...I wish I could have one. I can't even trade for one! PSPgo users got hosed on that front.

Seth Astra
May 23, 2011, 11:49 AM
Two headed ragnus and Tyrant Spada come to mind.

Mikura
May 23, 2011, 02:54 PM
Song for Death. Taste the rainbow motherf**ker~

Akaimizu
May 23, 2011, 02:57 PM
Pick a Twin Hangun that looks like a Twin Handgun.

*Nuff said*

Battlestoppers are good enough.

ThEoRy
May 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
Longbows.

Kimil Adrayne
May 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
Dagger of Serafi, Gizaha-Zashi and Yamata-Misaki
http://psupedia.info/images/f/f2/Yamata-Misaki.JPG

Edit -

Didn't notice the "one" weapon restriction.

Dagger of Serafi for sure.

Zyrusticae
May 23, 2011, 06:46 PM
The axes, particularly the GRM ones.

And the crea weapons, if you ask me, were the best-looking of all the weapons in the game (yes, I DO think the ones carried over from PSO look better in PSU).

AfroGuy!
May 23, 2011, 08:03 PM
the Twin Cannon

Parn
May 23, 2011, 08:18 PM
i want to use a light saber

i will hunt the jedi down with my character ethan skywalker to defeat darth falz and be the hero of ragol

NoiseHERO
May 23, 2011, 09:25 PM

i will hunt the jedi down with my character ethan skywalker to defeat darth falz and be the hero of ragol

Wow, you're bored. :0

Palle
May 23, 2011, 09:33 PM

Where is the Like button?! WHERE?!

ChronoTrigga
May 24, 2011, 12:15 AM
Fuck weapons. I want my Rappy Suit back.

RemiusTA
May 24, 2011, 12:59 AM
PSU weapons would have been 100% true epic if they had special abilities behind them.

I'd have loved it if Kan Yu, Serafi Daggers, Crea Sword, Ank Kireek, Kazarod, blackbull, grand cross ect. had special abilities to them.

But it was PSU, and it didn't, so meh. No waves of energy, no rape beams, no hadokens, no halving health or causing explosions. Just...bigger numbers.

r00tabaga
May 24, 2011, 06:57 AM
@RTA: Yeah, I hated that too. That and the elemental BS.

Akaimizu
May 24, 2011, 09:29 AM
You nailed it on the nose RemiusTA. It's precisely why when the old coveted Guld & Milla came out it offered nothing special other than a bit of a damage bump that is dwarfed by getting a better power unit. Now it's just a hyper expensive collector's weapon that simply costs a lot by its rarity but not so much on anything unique to it, other than name.

Now to be fair, some had prettier bullets. I mean, a High end Cubo weapon such as Tuma and Simba look like you're firing the armageddon crazy pheonix group of death at monsters, but it's aesthetic only. Still, I'd say based just on aethetics, that's one of the far best examples of something that seems worth it on looks alone. Other guns? Pretty much nothing save Song for Death look like anything special. And if they don't *do* anything special, there isn't much a point in being visually subtle.

A good, official, return to rare weapons offering neat game-affecting (even if a bit slight) effects over any of the standard or high end standard, would be most welcome.

RenzokukenZ
May 24, 2011, 09:37 AM
You nailed it on the nose RemiusTA. It's precisely why when the old coveted Guld & Milla came out it offered nothing special other than a bit of a damage bump that is dwarfed by getting a better power unit. Now it's just a hyper expensive collector's weapon that simply costs a lot by its rarity but not so much on anything unique to it, other than name.

Now to be fair, some had prettier bullets. I mean, a High end Cubo weapon such as Tuma and Simba look like you're firing the armageddon crazy pheonix group of death at monsters, but it's aesthetic only. Still, I'd say based just on aethetics, that's one of the far best examples of something that seems worth it on looks alone. Other guns? Pretty much everything save Song for Death look like anything special. And if they don't *do* anything special, there isn't much a point in being visually subtle.

A good, official, return to rare weapons offering neat game-affecting (even if a bit slight) effects over any of the standard or high end standard, would be most welcome.

Isn't that the whole purpose of Photon Arts and Charge Shots?

Akaimizu
May 24, 2011, 09:38 AM
True. Charge Shots and a few things improved on that formula, but not until PSP2. PSU, on the other hand. Let's just hope SEGA keeps those multiple-attack options going into the new PSO2 system.

•Col•
May 24, 2011, 09:50 AM
PSU weapons would have been 100% true epic if they had special abilities behind them.

I'd have loved it if Kan Yu, Serafi Daggers, Crea Sword, Ank Kireek, Kazarod, blackbull, grand cross ect. had special abilities to them.

But it was PSU, and it didn't, so meh. No waves of energy, no rape beams, no hadokens, no halving health or causing explosions. Just...bigger numbers.

Yeah... What Sega SHOULD have done is have certain rare weapons have their own unique PA's locked to them...

Would've made them infinitely more awesome, and it wouldn't have even been that hard to do.

RenzokukenZ
May 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
Yeah... What Sega SHOULD have done is have certain rare weapons have their own unique PA's locked to them...

Would've made them infinitely more awesome, and it wouldn't have even been that hard to do.

A la PSZ.

•Col•
May 24, 2011, 10:21 AM
A la PSZ.

It'd be a LITTLE different.... Make it so that you can link PA's to regular weapons like you already can... Just make the ultimate-super--rare-OMGWTFBBQ weapons have a special PA locked to it that doesn't have to be leveled and is already maxed out or whatever.

But yeah, 'take a weapon from PSZ and put it in PSU' is pretty much exactly what I'm saying.

r00tabaga
May 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
The Lavis family needs it's own PA's.

RemiusTA
May 24, 2011, 12:11 PM
weapon-linked PAs are a very good idea. If not a completely different animation, at least they can create little special effects or alterations that work with all or specific PAs.

But seeing as PSO2 is using a different system, it may even be 1-upped; we may see completely custom combo choices to choose from.

ARASHIKAGE
May 24, 2011, 12:14 PM
It'd be a LITTLE different.... Make it so that you can link PA's to regular weapons like you already can... Just make the ultimate-super--rare-OMGWTFBBQ weapons have a special PA locked to it that doesn't have to be leveled and is already maxed out or whatever.

But yeah, 'take a weapon from PSZ and put it in PSU' is pretty much exactly what I'm saying.

Oh gaawd no! :rant: Linking PAs to weapons was the worst idea ever ever ever! PSZ was even worse though, most weapons had three different possible PAs (or none) locked to the weapon. You could spend months looking for the rarest weapons and once you find them they had a three in four chance of seriously disappointing you. 25% chance of actually getting the PA you want for your weapon, why would you want that system again? It was bad enough to break your favorite rare weapon while grinding, but at least you some control over it (it seemed very random). Who comes up with these ideas to piss off gamers? :disapprove:

I think what you meant to say (once again) like the PSO system; One PA for one weapon and once you get into the rare weapons you get a special extra PA or attack (same thing). :wink:

RemiusTA
May 24, 2011, 12:19 PM
I think it's about 50% confirmed that PSU-styled photon arts have been destroyed.

"custom combos" probably means you'll decide which attack will be used during which part of the combo. If you have a list of combo links, a specific rare would just add one or two of its own links to your choices while its equipped.

For example, if a regular rifle type has Burst fire, Auto fire, and Grenade Launcher, a Blackbull in PSO2 could have the choice of a Dark Shot or something in place of, or included with the other options.

Speculation only, of course. Nobody is sure how it'll work.

NoiseHERO
May 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
What remius said, from the way the "PA's" looked they just looked kind of like PSU's pa's but instead of two or three parts there was only one part.

You could also say that they weren't complete PA's but they still went well with the user's combo or something.

So It'll probably be like PSU's system but instead of just one photon art with 3 parts, you can mix and match different PA's together, some probably work better in a combination than others.

Which would kind of remind me of the Tales Of Series melee skill system while also adding more diversity and strategy towards gameplay.

But I could be completely wrong. and I haven't watched that video in like 3 weeks.

•Col•
May 24, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oh gaawd no! :rant: Linking PAs to weapons was the worst idea ever ever ever! PSZ was even worse though, most weapons had three different possible PAs (or none) locked to the weapon. You could spend months looking for the rarest weapons and once you find them they had a three in four chance of seriously disappointing you. 25% chance of actually getting the PA you want for your weapon, why would you want that system again? It was bad enough to break your favorite rare weapon while grinding, but at least you some control over it (it seemed very random). Who comes up with these ideas to piss off gamers? :disapprove:

I think what you meant to say (once again) like the PSO system; One PA for one weapon and once you get into the rare weapons you get a special extra PA or attack (same thing). :wink:

My idea was just me saying what I think they should have did in PSU. Could have had the PA linking, but gave the super rare weapons custom 'HOLY CRAP' Photon Arts.

So It'll probably be like PSU's system but instead of just one photon art with 3 parts, you can mix and match different PA's together, some probably work better in a combination than others.

Which would kind of remind me of the Tales Of Series melee skill system while also adding more diversity and strategy towards gameplay.

^This is what I was thinking too... Considering the sword has like 7 different special attacks by itself... Imagine getting to choose each individual one... :D

That's what I took from the 'custom combos' bit, at least.

ChronoTrigga
May 24, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'd like to see Rifle/Grenade Launcher Combos honestly. Grenade launchers by themselves were kinda weak (not dmg wise, but situational-wise especially if you solo'd alot)

ARASHIKAGE
May 25, 2011, 12:03 AM
What remius said, from the way the "PA's" looked they just looked kind of like PSU's pa's but instead of two or three parts there was only one part.

You could also say that they weren't complete PA's but they still went well with the user's combo or something.

But I could be completely wrong. and I haven't watched that video in like 3 weeks.

It works in the Tales of Series because it was one weapon on that character. And the game is story based so by the time you're at the end of the game you have the blade techs near max with the flow of the game. Some techs/skills might be to overpowered unless they put caps on them which is what they did in PSU... I see the progressive idea behind what your saying but I still don't like thinking about Sonic Team in control of balancing that system. In Tales you could still slash/thrust with your weapon and it was just as powerful as many weapon techs.

My idea was just me saying what I think they should have did in PSU. Could have had the PA linking, but gave the super rare weapons custom 'HOLY CRAP' Photon Arts.

^This is what I was thinking too... Considering the sword has like 7 different special attacks by itself... Imagine getting to choose each individual one... :D

That's what I took from the 'custom combos' bit, at least.

Here's my issue with having multiple PAs for each weapon; It cheapens the weapon itself. Everyone just runs around using Photon Arts because the regular attack doesn't compare, it ends up being a box breaker at best. PSO had an actually balance, were the special attacks cost something to use (not a pp bar...); hp, tp, meseta, or terrible accuracy. See that's what's called a balance! It actually cost something to use it, and some races/classes excelled at some at some of those attributes, which further added to the uniqueness of your character! :bored:

•Col•
May 25, 2011, 12:47 AM
Here's my issue with having multiple PAs for each weapon; It cheapens the weapon itself. Everyone just runs around using Photon Arts because the regular attack doesn't compare, it ends up being a box breaker at best. PSO had an actually balance, were the special attacks cost something to use (not a pp bar...); hp, tp, meseta, or terrible accuracy. See that's what's called a balance! It actually cost something to use it, and some races/classes excelled at some at some of those attributes, which further added to the uniqueness of your character! :bored:

Well you wouldn't be able to just run around using all the different PA's with the system in place... You have to use normal attacks to build up a meter which changes your PA to a new one... There's more info. about it in the sticky if you dunno about it.

Anyway, they could still easily put in weapons like the ones you're suggesting without messing things up.

Ce'Nedra
May 25, 2011, 12:58 AM
Pandora Extreme, Twin Diska, Ancient Quartz and Dagger of Serafi are a few to name.

ARASHIKAGE
May 25, 2011, 02:21 AM
Off topic:
Well you wouldn't be able to just run around using all the different PA's with the system in place... You have to use normal attacks to build up a meter which changes your PA to a new one... There's more info. about it in the sticky if you dunno about it.

Anyway, they could still easily put in weapons like the ones you're suggesting without messing things up.

I hear ya, but that doesn't change the fact once you have that PA maxed (which would be the whole goal) then that's all you're using. And you will see parties of people playing solo just to level up all the PAs like PSU all over again... sorry but I disagree with you greatly in this area. Leveling PAs took over PSU (that's pretty much all any of us did) and it wasn't about the weapons or the special attacks or the choices between weapons and classes/races. It's a terrible idea that needs severe tweaking, and I don't know if I could deal with another four in a half years wasted on PA levels.

On topic: I still can't name one weapon from PSU that should make a preexisting appearance in PSO2.

NoiseHERO
May 25, 2011, 09:50 AM
From how it looks, just spamming one PA would probably only get you screwed over. and having you attacking really slow and awkward.

So even with the customized combos, a certain combination won't always be effective on the same enemy assuming SEGA knows what they're doing, and it could still have normal attacks to build up into the combos like coloya said, as well as cool downs on the skill.

So you'd have to use a little bit of everything in order to keep a smooth flow, and an effective fighting method. again though...that'd be assuming SEGA knows what they're doing...

Also we still really don't know how limited the customization of the PA's are going to be...

Oh and I still feel like one weapon with the ability to do too much things will mean we might have less weapon types, which is actually one of the many things I like about the PS series.

I'd rather have like 50 different weapon types, that all do different things and have certain abilities. Than just having 12 weapon types and those 12 weapons have like 4 different functions... Still paranoid over how fast paced that 2H sword gameplay looked...

•Col•
May 25, 2011, 12:36 PM
Off topic:

I hear ya, but that doesn't change the fact once you have that PA maxed (which would be the whole goal) then that's all you're using. And you will see parties of people playing solo just to level up all the PAs like PSU all over again... sorry but I disagree with you greatly in this area. Leveling PAs took over PSU (that's pretty much all any of us did) and it wasn't about the weapons or the special attacks or the choices between weapons and classes/races. It's a terrible idea that needs severe tweaking, and I don't know if I could deal with another four in a half years wasted on PA levels.

On topic: I still can't name one weapon from PSU that should make a preexisting appearance in PSO2.

Err... I didn't say they should be leveled like they were in PSU...

I think that would be the worst idea ever considering every melee weapon is getting at least different 6 PAs at once.. X_X

RemiusTA
May 26, 2011, 04:30 AM
According to the video, on top of you being forced to do other attacks before you get to your special moves, and on top of those special moves using PP, i think PA spam might be a bit overrated on this game.

They seem to be less of a WTFDMG tactic and more of a "lets be effective in our battle stragety" kind of thing. Spamming the wrong move in a crowd of enemies jumping you would probably equal death, so using the correct PA could be a life-death kind of situation.

Lets hope the game actually plays like that, where there are moments when you are encouraged to Launch and moments when you're encouraged to blow the enemies away, with real life-death consenquences. Allows for much deeper gameplay, much more challenging stages, much more teamwork and WAY more fun bosses.

Miyoko
May 26, 2011, 05:17 AM
According to the video, on top of you being forced to do other attacks before you get to your special moves, and on top of those special moves using PP, i think PA spam might be a bit overrated on this game.

They seem to be less of a WTFDMG tactic and more of a "lets be effective in our battle stragety" kind of thing. Spamming the wrong move in a crowd of enemies jumping you would probably equal death, so using the correct PA could be a life-death kind of situation.

Lets hope the game actually plays like that, where there are moments when you are encouraged to Launch and moments when you're encouraged to blow the enemies away, with real life-death consenquences. Allows for much deeper gameplay, much more challenging stages, much more teamwork and WAY more fun bosses.
Depends. If you're just getting one-shot for messing up, no, that's not fun. That's bad design and frustrating.

RenzokukenZ
May 26, 2011, 08:02 AM
Depends. If you're just getting one-shot for messing up, no, that's not fun. That's bad design and frustrating.

More like a 'trail and error' and 'live and learn' kind of way. Considering if its not too punishing.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 08:06 AM
I'd say dying for messing up once is kind of extreme though. That's what Miyoko was saying.

RemiusTA
May 26, 2011, 10:35 AM

Well, of course not one-hitted. But something that punishes you in certian conditions. "Being punished" is simply another way to say "get hit". Just like in PSU, doing something stupid (like a long warmup PA fighting enemies that shoot those jesusfireballs) results in a pretty serious punishment.

You know...like any good action game. The good ones (like Devil May Cry) will put you in a situation with tons of enemies that have many attacks, but give you enough tools to survive. If you're too ineffective in higher difficulties with your attacks, then you're likely to get punished.

Then you have games like Ninja Gaiden (2), which are wrath-inducing and EXTREMELY F***ing annoying with how difficult and relentless their swarms of enemies are. But you're still given more than enough tools to survive unscathed if you're good enough. (PSO does not need to be this way...I started Ninja Gaiden 2 on 1 difficulty over normal, and the game was hell to complete. ) And then there are games like God of War, which give you lots of attacks, but very wonky mechanics for survival. Attacks dont stun enemies correctly, escape methods are designed pretty much for twitch use instead of anticipation.

And then you have Phantasy Star Universe. As long as you can knock an enemy down, or can do decent numbers from a distance, you dont have an issue. Difficulty essentially comes down to how well you're able to do this and dodge the correct attacks.

PSO2, however, seems to be using more action-oriented mechanics. Hopefully, enemies will gain the ability to block and distinguish between players when they're being kited or picked off. I dont think Sonic Team will have an issue giving the enemies with decent AI, it's just HOW they design the AI that matters.

We have blocking, jumping, and combos that include aerials as well. And judging from the trailer, we also have enemies weakpoints as well, which will hopefully make giant enemies much more fun to take down. And most of all, it looks like it has a much better physics engine, which includes attacking from varied elevations. (Hopefully this includes using the environments to kill bosses.)

Miyoko
May 26, 2011, 09:41 PM
Well, of course not one-hitted. But something that punishes you in certian conditions. "Being punished" is simply another way to say "get hit". Just like in PSU, doing something stupid (like a long warmup PA fighting enemies that shoot those jesusfireballs) results in a pretty serious punishment.

You know...like any good action game. The good ones (like Devil May Cry) will put you in a situation with tons of enemies that have many attacks, but give you enough tools to survive. If you're too ineffective in higher difficulties with your attacks, then you're likely to get punished.

Then you have games like Ninja Gaiden (2), which are wrath-inducing and EXTREMELY F***ing annoying with how difficult and relentless their swarms of enemies are. But you're still given more than enough tools to survive unscathed if you're good enough. (PSO does not need to be this way...I started Ninja Gaiden 2 on 1 difficulty over normal, and the game was hell to complete. ) And then there are games like God of War, which give you lots of attacks, but very wonky mechanics for survival. Attacks dont stun enemies correctly, escape methods are designed pretty much for twitch use instead of anticipation.

And then you have Phantasy Star Universe. As long as you can knock an enemy down, or can do decent numbers from a distance, you dont have an issue. Difficulty essentially comes down to how well you're able to do this and dodge the correct attacks.

PSO2, however, seems to be using more action-oriented mechanics. Hopefully, enemies will gain the ability to block and distinguish between players when they're being kited or picked off. I dont think Sonic Team will have an issue giving the enemies with decent AI, it's just HOW they design the AI that matters.

We have blocking, jumping, and combos that include aerials as well. And judging from the trailer, we also have enemies weakpoints as well, which will hopefully make giant enemies much more fun to take down. And most of all, it looks like it has a much better physics engine, which includes attacking from varied elevations. (Hopefully this includes using the environments to kill bosses.)

When you said "Spamming the wrong move in a crowd of enemies jumping you would probably equal death, " it sounded as though you were hoping for the "one-scre up = death" type scenario.

I agree that punishing a player for doing something dumb is a good way to keep people on their toes, but you have to be really careful with it. I enjoy action games (No More Heroes is my poison right now), but this is an ONLINE RPG as well as an action game. You have to be careful with this concept, since different people play at different levels, and you don't want to have an overall difficulty that's too much.

I think DMC and Ninja Gaiden are bad games to compare to, or even to strive to. I think Monster Hunter is a much better choice, since it still possesses RPG elements ontop of it's action. And really, 90% of the time when you die on Monster Hunter, it's totally your fault (not ALL the time though; it IS a video game and you WILL be subjected to BS deaths like getting chained while stuck in a wall). PSP2 tried to do this, and failed -miserably-. One-shot kills are -everywhere-, and it's not even out of punishment. Usually it's from getting blind sided because the screen is too small to keep track of everything.

... I rambled a bit there, but yes. TL;DR version; Punishing idiots is good, but too severe a punishment is bad and very easy to do.

Mike
May 26, 2011, 09:48 PM
PSP2 tried to do this, and failed -miserably-.
Enough people seem to have been able to deal with it fairly successfully.

On topic though, I'd like to see the Shippujinrai / Gekkabijin series of weapons make a comeback. There's no info on weapon types so I don't know if thats possible but give the big things the hunters are jumping around with in the movie make it seem like the Tenimuso would be possible.

Miyoko
May 27, 2011, 12:02 AM
Enough people seem to have been able to deal with it fairly successfully.

On topic though, I'd like to see the Shippujinrai / Gekkabijin series of weapons make a comeback. There's no info on weapon types so I don't know if thats possible but give the big things the hunters are jumping around with in the movie make it seem like the Tenimuso would be possible.

Popular opinion =/= correct. I enjoyed the game up to about Lv100, then it just got ridiculous. But hey, I play a Ranger primarily, a force secondary, and melee is always my last choice. Considering how PSP2 catered to hunters and neglected rangers and forces, it's no surprise I didn't like it very much.

Also on topic, I hope PSO2's fist type weapons don't suck ;_; When I DO melee, those're among my favourite melee weapons.

NoiseHERO
May 27, 2011, 09:00 AM
Popular opinion =/= correct. I enjoyed the game up to about Lv100, then it just got ridiculous. But hey, I play a Ranger primarily, a force secondary, and melee is always my last choice. Considering how PSP2 catered to hunters and neglected rangers and forces, it's no surprise I didn't like it very much.

Also on topic, I hope PSO2's fist type weapons don't suck ;_; When I DO melee, those're among my favourite melee weapons.

I just hope they're not bigger than my characters head.

Niloklives
May 27, 2011, 09:50 AM
I just hope they're not bigger than my characters head.

Seriously, a few weapons like that are fine, but for every glove/fist type weapon to make you look like some weirdo anime character, it gets to be pretty ridiculous.

RemiusTA
May 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
PSP2i seemed to be focused on everything being over the top and lolitafied.

•Col•
May 27, 2011, 12:01 PM
Needs moar invisible gloves like Brave Knuckle from PSO.

Tyreek
May 27, 2011, 01:09 PM
What about Crazy Galactus?

Miyoko
May 27, 2011, 09:58 PM
AND ROCKET PUNCH! :D

NoiseHERO
May 27, 2011, 10:28 PM
I don't mind the drill fists either, so long as the weapon actually looks cool.

Otherwise I'd rather have like brass knuckls, guantlets and gloves.

You know... Instead of HULK FISTS and SOCK'EM BOPPERS wrapped in photon wire.

Chaobo99
May 27, 2011, 10:34 PM
Also would live some more Boss orientated weapons.

Canard de Bain
Jun 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
Pal Tippies

Xettermantenga
Jun 19, 2011, 09:27 PM
Needs moar invisible gloves like Brave Knuckle from PSO.

Agreed

PhotonDrop
Jun 19, 2011, 10:18 PM
De Ragan Slayer, Gekitsnata, Ank Buti

Canard de Bain
Sep 9, 2011, 09:43 AM
I change my answer to Koltova Cannon.

moorebounce
Sep 9, 2011, 09:48 AM
I didn't like any of the guns in PSU. The swords were ok but nothing that stood out. I didn't even really pay attention to any of the weapons in PSU. PSO on the other hand you had a bunch of good weps.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
I don't mind the drill fists either, so long as the weapon actually looks cool.

Otherwise I'd rather have like brass knuckls, guantlets and gloves.

You know... Instead of HULK FISTS and SOCK'EM BOPPERS wrapped in photon wire.

Are you talking about the Gudda Igga? Man, I loved those knuckles.

As for returning weapons? Too many to choose from.

Zyrusticae
Sep 9, 2011, 10:54 AM
Epic Thread Necromancy.

Almost three-month old thread, too.

Malevolent215
Sep 9, 2011, 11:48 AM
Are you talking about the Gudda Igga? Man, I loved those knuckles.

As for returning weapons? Too many to choose from.

No not Gudda Igga! The heiroglyphic looking design was ugly, but the Iggacs.... Dark Gudda Iggacs were my favorite weapons in PSU... Black boxing gloves with spikes, sexy....

BlackCosmic
Sep 9, 2011, 12:35 PM
Kan yu

Enforcer MKV
Sep 9, 2011, 12:48 PM
No not Gudda Igga! The heiroglyphic looking design was ugly, but the Iggacs.... Dark Gudda Iggacs were my favorite weapons in PSU... Black boxing gloves with spikes, sexy....

Agree to disagree, my friend. Agree to disagree. :P

NoiseHERO
Sep 9, 2011, 12:59 PM
I felt like ALL the knuckles looked like sockem boppers with photon chunks glued/wrapped around them.

I general mean I just hated them being oversized for no reason, simple gloves would look a trillion times cooler.

Or another game I played was Latale...(don't bother googling that) and fist weapons went from gloves, to chakrams, to wolverine claws, to badass ninja glove thingies.

Also I vote this as an okay necro, for the type of thread that it is, it's one of those things where you may as well revive it instead of making a new one.

So shut up zyru. D<

Enforcer MKV
Sep 9, 2011, 01:11 PM
I dunno, I liked the fact that they were big, made it feel like they had impact. (I almost said punch, that would have been bad. XD)

But some of those invisible knuckles were cool.

....I just pray for more variety in PSO2. I think that would be good. Even if they don't have stats that are top notch, just so people have more to choice from.

Tyreek
Sep 9, 2011, 03:34 PM
Since the topic of PSU universe weapons in PSO2 is still going apparently, there has already been confirmation of Clarita Visus(Emilia's Rod) being in the game. I'm surprised no one even talks about it since its been shown since the early Alpha livestream.

Malevolent215
Sep 9, 2011, 04:04 PM
I dunno, I liked the fact that they were big, made it feel like they had impact. (I almost said punch, that would have been bad. XD)

But some of those invisible knuckles were cool.

....I just pray for more variety in PSO2. I think that would be good. Even if they don't have stats that are top notch, just so people have more to choice from.

Agree to Agree on that point Enforcer, Except when it got a little too big like with the Melan Knuckles.... Large glowing misshapped things with a horrible color combination....

Dinosaur
Sep 9, 2011, 04:06 PM
Looks like theyre bringing back psu shotguns as well. I miss the pso shots though...

Canard de Bain
Sep 9, 2011, 04:40 PM
Looks like theyre bringing back psu shotguns as well. I miss the pso shots though...

:O Where did you see this? And what was different... PSO shotties tracked enemies in the cone whereas the PSU ones shot in lines at certain angles?

JC10001
Sep 9, 2011, 05:28 PM
I came into this thread ready to reply with "Slicers" but then I saw the 'not in PSO' caveat. :(

Dinosaur
Sep 9, 2011, 05:58 PM
:O Where did you see this? And what was different... PSO shotties tracked enemies in the cone whereas the PSU ones shot in lines at certain angles?

On the wall of the weapons shop, there's a giant sniper rifle, PSU-style shotguns, and some hand-sized thingies(looks like a dual wield weapon).

The shotguns look almost exactly like the ones in psu

Sienna
Sep 9, 2011, 09:09 PM
Vishi Grudda, knock them enemies all over the place

Serephim
Sep 9, 2011, 09:58 PM
The difference in the PSO Shot and the PSU Shotgun is that the PSO Shot was a weapon that basically hit everything in a wide arc while the shotgun only hit the first things to come in contact with the bullet. Shots only hit once + everything in your way, shotguns can hit multiple times but only one bullet per enemy.

So basically, Shots = like 20 targets, Shotgun = between 1 and 5 targets. (or however many bullets it shoots out.)

Enforcer MKV
Sep 10, 2011, 12:34 AM
Agree to Agree on that point Enforcer, Except when it got a little too big like with the Melan Knuckles.... Large glowing misshapped things with a horrible color combination....

Agreed - those were a bit much.

Angelo
Sep 10, 2011, 12:40 AM
Morat Machinas

http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/3316/11742-m.jpg

Selphea
Sep 10, 2011, 01:19 AM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9091/repulsionwill.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/repulsionwill.jpg/)

Repulsion Will <3

Or at least Acknowledge and/or Denial

A Paradi Cataract is fine too.

Hatemachine
Sep 10, 2011, 06:35 AM
I just want my goddamn Chainsawd, everything else can go take a flying leap, I want my Health regenerating spinning blades of 747 wing sized DOOM!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Sep 10, 2011, 07:05 AM
Just one? Seriously, PSO2 is the chance for popular PSU weapons to differentiate themselves by becoming legitimate rares.

Some PSU weapons I'd like to see: Gizaha-zashi (http://psupedia.info/File:Gizaha-Zashi.JPG), Sweet Death (http://psupedia.info/File:SweetDeath.jpg), Mugunburga (http://psupedia.info/Mugunburga), Shigga Pakuda (http://psupedia.info/Shigga_Pakuda), Ryusaikanoh (http://psupedia.info/Ryusaikanoh), Rattlesnake (http://psupedia.info/File:Rattlesnake.jpg), Ank Dedda (http://psupedia.info/File:SSAnkDedda.jpg), and Gur Hanab (http://psupedia.info/File:Gurhanab2.jpg) in some form. I gotta have a firework launcher.

Spellbinder
Sep 10, 2011, 08:46 AM
I'd like to pick one from PSU, but I just can't. Might just be me, but the selection of rods for Forces in PSU seemed pretty bland in comparison to PSO. I hope they get a bit more creative this time around.

Arande
Sep 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
Someone mentioned PSU style shotguns? I actually liked some of those, specifically shigga barec. No flashy bullets, but had a nice simple design. Dunno how they will function this time around though.

Edit: someone linked rattlesnake... why have I never noticed it looks like a VISK?

Angelo
Sep 10, 2011, 10:34 AM
Were shotguns confirmed or something? I've seen like 3 posts make reference to them being in PSO2.

Arande
Sep 10, 2011, 10:48 AM
The topic was about if a PSU weapon was in PSO2. Would make sense they'd be in there somewhere, seeing as they were in the past games. I mean why would you remove a classic weapon type?

...oh crap it's sega...

kyuuketsuki
Sep 10, 2011, 02:26 PM
Were shotguns confirmed or something? I've seen like 3 posts make reference to them being in PSO2.Please reference:

On the wall of the weapons shop, there's a giant sniper rifle, PSU-style shotguns, and some hand-sized thingies(looks like a dual wield weapon).

The shotguns look almost exactly like the ones in psu

Canard de Bain
Sep 10, 2011, 02:44 PM
Please reference:

Well, the Chainsawd was shown on the wall in the Virtual Reality levels of Episode 2 on the Gamecube... with no Chainsawd in the game.

Noblewine
Sep 10, 2011, 03:19 PM
I want to see some of the (Holiday) rares like Ank Bico and other novelty items like Harisan Fan.
I want to see axes in this version, my choice would be Okanoh.

kyuuketsuki
Sep 10, 2011, 05:26 PM
Well, the Chainsawd was shown on the wall in the Virtual Reality levels of Episode 2 on the Gamecube... with no Chainsawd in the game.
True, it's certainly possible they're only displayed there for novelty/nostalgia/whatever. But, that is the basis upon which people are stating PSU-style shotguns are in PSO2. I think it's pretty likely they'd have a shotgun-style weapon for Rangers regardless, so I find it a pretty reasonable assumption.

Dinosaur
Sep 10, 2011, 06:46 PM
If its any consolation, there are two designs of swords on the wall of the pso2 weapon shop which are both usable in the alpha. Maybe that forbidden wall may not be so forbidden this time around

Serephim
Sep 10, 2011, 07:42 PM

What are you talking about? Chainsawd was in the game, it dropped in episode 1.

Hrith
Sep 11, 2011, 12:52 AM
Ugh, so many weapons I liked in PSU...

Ragan-Ragan, Storm (Twin Tornado), Gudda Hon (<3), Rattlesnake (best-looking rifle ever), Shigga Baret...

But if I had to choose one, Love Inferno, without a doubt.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 11, 2011, 06:05 AM
Hmm, which weapon to choose? I particularly like Slicers, Double Sabers, Swords, I like a few. Unsure on a specific weapon for a weapon type though, Flowen's Sword would be nice.

darkante
Sep 11, 2011, 08:09 AM
It´s too hard to narrow down to just one weapon so i go after three.

Laser: Degahna Cannon (Such a cool shot effect)
Twin sabers: Two-headed Ragnus (Burning Christmas trees ^^)
Rifle: Rattlesnake (Love both design and shot)

Going strictly by PSU then and not PSP2/I.

NoiseHERO
Sep 11, 2011, 08:21 AM
Ugh, so many weapons I liked in PSU...

Ragan-Ragan, Storm (Twin Tornado), Gudda Hon (<3), Rattlesnake (best-looking rifle ever), Shigga Baret...

But if I had to choose one, Love Inferno, without a doubt.

I actually liked storm as well, a lot of people I know seemed to dislike it though.

The gun design was pretty swank.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
I can't recall liking any individual weapon in PSU. But Long Bows from PSU i did like however.

but if any weapon I want returned. its PSOBB'S VIVIENNE!!!!!!
Gimme my beautiful vivid pink Double Saber back. it was my trademark weapon :mad:

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2011, 01:21 PM
I actually liked storm as well, a lot of people I know seemed to dislike it though.

The gun design was pretty swank.

This. A thousand times this. It was a really nice design. :D

Tetsaru
Sep 11, 2011, 08:52 PM
Rattlesnake (best-looking rifle ever)

Rifle: Rattlesnake (Love both design and shot)

The Rattlesnake was one of my favorite PSU weapons as well. It looks cool, and IT SHOOTS FUCKING LIGHTNING BOLTS. 8)

The Degahna/Adahna Cannon, Gur Hanab, Shigga Pakuda, Spread Needle/G, Arb Boa, and Twin Ruby Bullet were some of my other favorite guns too. Oh, and the Koltova Gun and Song for Death just for lulz. :wacko:

Keilyn
Sep 11, 2011, 09:30 PM
I would love Love Inferno to return, however I want a heart-shaped laser beam to fire from it and not just a single flying heart, matching the color of the weapon.

so yeah...Black Heart Love Inferno and Red Heart Love Inferno.

tkdyo
Sep 15, 2011, 12:54 PM
either daggers or fists. Those were my fave :D

Geistritter
Sep 18, 2011, 10:27 AM
Degahna Cannon all the way.

Not happening, but I'll take something similarly massive that also shoots a huge blast of destruction upon that which dares to stand in an extremely narrow cone in front of me.

darkante
Sep 18, 2011, 11:51 AM
Degahna Cannon all the way.

Not happening, but I'll take something similarly massive that also shoots a huge blast of destruction upon that which dares to stand in an extremely narrow cone in front of me.

That´s why i love DC, the bigger the blast and the more awesome it feels.