PDA

View Full Version : What Hostiles do you like/don't like?

XxGoregrinderxX
May 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
I like:
Reyburn,Hildegao,Dark Falz,Froutang
These Monsters are easy to kill.

I don't like:
Arkzein,Korse,The Finjers
These are not easy to kill with a RAcast.

I want to hear your opinions too.

Atbar
May 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
I like:
Reyburn,Hildegao,Dark Falz,Froutang
These Monsters are easy to kill.

I don't like:
Arkzein,Korse,The Finjers
These are not easy to kill with a RAcast.

I want to hear your opinions too.

Oh, wow, you're active with starting topics lately. That's good. :) Looking at your don't like list, there's a little trick to deal with the Finjers. You simply hang around a wall and wait them to surf into the wall next to you. They are then a lot more easier to strike down versus sitting there playing pickle in the middle with the way they surf around you in circles. I know other people including myself can share your sentiments with hating on the Arkzein. It's a major pain when you get any room with two of them...even more when one of them is boosted. Fun factiod: the Arkzein and the Finjers never appear together.

What I like: Froutang. It's a giant monkey that looks like he's wearing a vintage jacket that I underestimated the first time I've see him. I remember being surprised when he pulled out that laser gun when I thought I was being clever keeping some distance between him. Yeah, the element of surprise with the laser gun is long gone, however, I still like their design.

My least favorite outside of Arkzein: Those hover spider things in Paru....the Izhirak-S6. I hate encountering two of them on SH and you don't get someone in your party covering the one Izhirak you're not chasing down, because then that one will then snipe you to death, especially if you don't react quick enough.

Vintasticvin
May 25, 2011, 01:01 PM
Arkzein is the reason why most PSZ players on here call Arca Plant "Hell Plant" .... The Arzeins, will kill you from ANY ANGLE close or far ranged.

Mustache
May 25, 2011, 01:15 PM
Since I changed my Mats on my HUnewearl from power to swift and I have over 550 evasion the Arkzeins rarely hit me with physical attacks, I only have to dodge the original rocket get in it's face and lay down the beats. They already don't have very good ATA with their attacks and with any evasion build you shouldn't have any trouble with them. The Finjers are why I hate playing Arca, groups of three if them take a super long time to kill if you're trying to run through super quick.

bns1991
May 25, 2011, 01:29 PM
The arkzeins themselves aren't the problem for me. Its when there are other enemies in the room that take your attention from them, namely the akorse with two korse. The finjers can be annoying with their status effects, but their health isn't super high so they can be killed easily

Vintasticvin
May 25, 2011, 02:03 PM
Since I changed my Mats on my HUnewearl from power to swift and I have over 550 evasion the Arkzeins rarely hit me with physical attacks, I only have to dodge the original rocket get in it's face and lay down the beats. They already don't have very good ATA with their attacks and with any evasion build you shouldn't have any trouble with them. The Finjers are why I hate playing Arca, groups of three if them take a super long time to kill if you're trying to run through super quick.

The god forsaken rockets are my run killlers and scape eaters, one hit and POOF rise up to eat another one :(

Arrow
May 25, 2011, 03:32 PM
I agree bout the rockets, they are a pain...
But extremely fun when there's two Arkzeins XD, there's something satisfying about making one blow up the other

Also the rockets IMO are actually semi easy to dodge if you time rolls correctly (sept if there's two rockets commin at ya), then you can duck behind another enemy and then let the fireworks begin! XD

Finally, Arkzeins are my (new) reason for having weapons with High heat element, cause it can cause approx. 200-300 dmg if ya can get the burn on em

The ULTIMATE annoyance for me with the Arkzeins is their "charge" attack where they just plow into ya :-x can't dodge that very easy AND when ya get caught it does multiple dmg leaving me either barely alive or practically dead....

favorite dreaded scenario: get charged by an arkzein, then when i'm down to like 25 health from that, I dogde outa the way, preventing from being killed by the charge attack, then I get blown up by the missle from the other Arkzein in the room :argh:

Light dragon
May 25, 2011, 05:25 PM
I have to say I hate those rockets two. The only way I've found to survive them is to resta when they hit me. Not very good when you two in the same room so I tend to try to put them in a line. At least that is my stratergy. Either that or use mea...other people in the room to block for you.

Atbar
May 25, 2011, 08:08 PM
Shields are great for blocking missiles. It's how the Schwartz Sthil became one of my favorite melee weapons with that RAcaseal I once had (she currently has the record for longest I put up with a ranger character in PSZ, which is level 92).

Chaos Rappy
May 25, 2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah, shields allowed my RAcaseal to be able to survive those pesky mech-blowers...

As far as likes, RAPPIES fall into that category, every one of them, with my favorite being, of course, Al (Ar?) Rappy. :P

As for dislikes... anything with undodgeable attacks, really... Izhirak-S6's, Finjers' lasers (and the Finjers themselves), and Korse take that, with the joker being the Arkzein (non-R), and the king of all hateds being, of course, the Azherowa-B2. Being a rare enemy, powerful with the unavoidable lasers, and NOT WANTING TO DROP ITS RARES, makes it my most frustrating and hated enemy, K.O.S.-worthy at that (kill on sight). <_<

Seth Astra
May 25, 2011, 11:25 PM
Like: Korse/Akorse, Izhirak (Yes, I actually like these. They never give me much trouble, and they look cool).

Dislike: Arkzein (Usually not much of a pain to me, but my stomach still churns to think of that one Arca Plant Arena.)

HATE HATE HATE!!!!: Humilias (laser combo + sword = dead HUnewm), Dark Falz (Only as a force. Why does he have to be all but immune to every tech in the game?)

Light dragon
May 26, 2011, 03:38 PM
You know I completely forgot about about Humilias. I hate him only as my FOnewearl. My HUmar and RAcaseal don't do that bad again him.

Nilkemios
May 27, 2011, 04:21 PM
Well, let's see. I mainly like most of the Machine-type enemies because of how they look, and I also think the Phobos looks cool as well. And how could anyone not like the Rappies and Booma Origins, just scurrying around when you beat them up? I feel a little bad sometimes.

However, while I like the look of all the machine enemies, I also dislike them for being painful to fight(especially the 2 Arkzein rooms, 3 Finjer rooms, any room with 2 or more Korses, those robots on Paru). Most of the other enemies are a "meh" in my opinions, but they can irritate me too sometimes.

Reyburn-The triple fireball of death and the strange lava shoots that track you.

Octo Diablo-The grabbing move and the vacuum. Both are easy to avoid once you know the pattern, but if you're caught, you really can't do anything.

Humilias-My favorite looking boss. But why have freezing tiles when you've already got freezing lasers? And do you need to light all the tiles at once? I still don't see how anyone could avoid being hit without a shield/photon blast.:-x

Mother Trinity/Dark Falz-Even though slicers render this point moot, it still bugs me that they resist all techniques so much(even their weaknesses?).

Rovert
May 28, 2011, 03:39 AM
hmm i mainly run evasion heavy chars so anything that can be dodged is annoying.

every once in awhile i run into and arzkein that is really boosted and its attacks never miss. those suck.

several bosses usually have a combo that will one hit kill if im not careful or if im in mid PA animation i end up taking all the blows instead of falling down.

humilias isnt bad for my fonewearl cause i have an ice protect slot unit. i highly recommend getting one for him! my huney uses a shield for him.

ive only done SH tower all the way through once so far and with my hunewearl. i had a lot of trouble with last floor boss for some reason. i think i kept using PAs and dying mid animation or something.

Hatrix
Jun 1, 2011, 06:09 PM
Like: Pelcatobur, When I first started I really hated this oversized bird. I have since learned to like him and his tongue sticks out which is kind of funny!

Dis-like: Derreo/Zerreo I just don't like these guys! They spit megid making me poisoned. Although I think they're the only enemy that uses techs which is sad

HUcast_Josh
Aug 26, 2011, 01:00 PM
Like: Humilias(Milias Breaker :D) don't see the main problem with him a.k.a run under him
Dislike: Arkzein are a ass no matter your class. 'Nuff said

Aug 29, 2011, 12:26 AM
Of all the enemies, I like the way Euladaveils look the most and Gowls the least. My favorite enemy to kill are Goldix because they don't really do anything or have any hp and give a lot of experience. The most annoying enemy to fight for me are Finjers (the blue ones, I guess).

Daak
Aug 29, 2011, 01:51 AM
I love fighting in the snow place I looovvvve the usany and those deer things .
I hate those guys in paru who snipe at u and always fly away from u ...

DoctorShanks
Aug 29, 2011, 03:50 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFREAKING HELIONS! Thats why I'm not even bothering to hunt a Fuuma Shuriken. Arkzeins are pretty awful too.

The hostiles that I like the most are the Porell's. Actually, I like everything in the wetlands :)

@Yo
Aug 29, 2011, 10:21 PM
like:all
dislike:Arkzein

yoshiblue
Aug 30, 2011, 09:21 PM
Most liked: Izhirak-S6

Most Hated: Arkzein

Eclipse5632
Sep 14, 2011, 12:22 PM
Dis-like: Derreo/Zerreo I just don't like these guys! They spit megid making me poisoned. Although I think they're the only enemy that uses techs which is sad
On Super Hard, Ghowls use Foie and Staggs use Barta. Also, Heaven's Mother uses Grants iirc.

As for enemies I like...hm. I think Humilias looks cool, but he's the most difficult boss in the game imo. Like, if you mess up once you die. I kinda like how Hypaos look as well, but their shock attack annoys me. As a hunter it's hard to avoid the first hit, and then you just have to run away and wait until the attack is done so you don't get hit again. The bats are also pretty annoying since they seem to break my lock on a lot. I also share the sentiment that a room with two Arkzeins just isn't even fair. Finally, I hate Finjers until they run into a wall and are really easy to kill.