PDA

View Full Version : Concerns over an N/A release.

Nave
May 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
I was having a discussion in IRC and I brought up PSO2, and this sparked a more disconcerting line of commentary which was that SEGA would most likely not PSO2 over to North America due to the flop of PSU on both consoles and PC.

Is there any basis behind this at all? It was my understanding that they had all intention to bring it to the states but after this conversation I've never actually had that confirmed from an official source.

Anyone have the down-low on this with a real source?

Malachite
May 24, 2011, 03:35 PM
Nothing at all has been confirmed about this, but the fact that they released the gameplay trailer in English strongly suggests that they're not just keeping it inside Japan.

Nave
May 24, 2011, 03:38 PM
Whew, I know SEGA is a lot better than Capcom about that, but when my buddy started citing PSU I started to have Monster Hunter Frontier flashbacks.

That game would make me weep manly tears of joy.

Niloklives
May 24, 2011, 03:43 PM
I hate to say this, but it doesn't suggest anything. Plenty of games come out as japan only with english in the trailers. Also considering how bad the english in the trailer was, it clearly wasn't meant for those who speak it as a first language. it looks as botched as when we run a jp website through google translate. Think "All your base are belong to us" - it's that bad.

That said, they know we want the game, they know WHY PSU failed out here and it wasn't the game's fault - it was SoA. Given the history of the series I see no reason why we wouldn't get it. Naysayers are either extreme pessimists, trying not to get their hopes up, or trolling you.

At the same time, the game is destined the fail again unless they get their act together.

Aumi
May 24, 2011, 03:46 PM
From http://www.pso-world.com/news/02318-more-pso2-details-translated-sega-teaser-video (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../news/02318-more-pso2-details-translated-sega-teaser-video)

"Global support"

While it isn't a confirmation it sure indicates that they intend to release it internationally. This also might be an indication of global servers. As mentioned above, the main problem with PSU's NA/EU server was SoA. If we were to get the same updates as Japan at the same time, chances are the game's gonna be a success.

jayster
May 24, 2011, 03:48 PM
Haven't we got every phantasy star title since PSU? Why would this one be different? A dollar earned is a dollar earned. At the least, they'll laugh to themselves for milking a few extra dollars out of us americans :P

landman
May 24, 2011, 03:54 PM
I believe the english subtitles are there for something, the same video was shown on direct to japanese public a few days before with only japanese text on it.

Alnet
May 24, 2011, 03:55 PM
Haven't we got every phantasy star title since PSU? Why would this one be different? A dollar earned is a dollar earned. At the least, they'll laugh to themselves for milking a few extra dollars out of us americans :P
I think at the moment, PSP2I is still Japan-only.

Asking Alexandria
May 24, 2011, 04:20 PM
If pso2 is japan only then expect psu to last a few years more

NoiseHERO
May 24, 2011, 04:31 PM
Get a fan translation team on standby.(I know at theres at least 8 of you regulars out there that know japanese)

Then at least translate menu's, important mission text, and amybe weapons! 8D;

HUnewearl_Meira
May 24, 2011, 04:38 PM
If they had already decided not to bring it to North America, then Sega of America would already have said so. They wouldn't be playing the, "We can't answer that" game. For that matter, it'd be really strange for Sega of America to have a forum devoted to a game that they weren't likely to publish-- might as well have a forum for World of Warcraft, too.

My guess is that they'll announce it at E3, since that's our big domestic trade show. Only time will tell, though.

NoiseHERO
May 24, 2011, 04:40 PM
Theres a pso2 section in the sega forums? @_@

That almost sounds like a confirmation to me...

*checks*

edit: hm, there IS.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 24, 2011, 04:48 PM
Guys, the game will obviously be released outside Japan. That really isn't even in question.

Niloklives
May 24, 2011, 04:57 PM
right, there's no reason to think it wouldn't come out to the states, the real question is of how sega will handle it.

Tsyuku
May 24, 2011, 07:42 PM
Just because there is English in the trailer doesn't mean all that much. Although I really don't see why they wouldn't release it here anyway.

right, there's no reason to think it wouldn't come out to the states, the real question is of how sega will handle it.
The way the SoA has been doing things and how terrible they have been hasn't changed in years. I doubt with PSO2 release that anything will really change. Change in management doesn't just instantaneously become better otherwise we would have already started seeing a change.

If SEGAJP hold servers internationally, which is doubtful as Japan has never hosted an international server for pretty much any game. Then there may be a higher chance for improvement but again that is a gigantic doubt to happen.

There is still quite a long time before we see the game released so things may turn out better but I'm not holding my breath.

r00tabaga
May 24, 2011, 08:33 PM
They wouldn't tease us w/Global Support & not come through, especially since it's a PSO title (successful) & not a PSU title (opposite of successful). 10th Anniversary no less!

Asking Alexandria
May 24, 2011, 08:41 PM
They wouldn't tease us w/Global Support & not come through, especially since it's a PSO title (successful) & not a PSU title (opposite of successful). 10th Anniversary no less!

Psu is awesome

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 24, 2011, 08:44 PM
They wouldn't tease us w/Global Support & not come throughOf course they would. You do not seem to understand how advertising works.

Also, PSU was reasonably successful, I'd imagine.

NoiseHERO
May 24, 2011, 08:48 PM
US ps2/pc is the psu that bombed.

and I'm sure JP players still love PSU...

and I'm sure SEGA will always love JP players...

r00tabaga
May 24, 2011, 08:48 PM
@Ffuzzy: How does advertising work? I always wanted to know. It was a major feature they promoted AND translated for the English speaking audience.

NoiseHERO
May 24, 2011, 08:49 PM
You start by stretching the truth and exaggerating to gain attention, then when you present the product you just say "Nah just kidding this is what is REALLY is."

r00tabaga
May 24, 2011, 08:52 PM
You start by stretching the truth and exaggerating to gain attention, then when you present the product you just say "Nah just kidding this is what is REALLY is."

Then people don't buy your product. Doesn't sound like a good business model to me. We know all about hype machines but c'mon, it is coming stateside.

NoiseHERO
May 24, 2011, 09:04 PM
People bought PSU.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 24, 2011, 09:37 PM
US ps2/pc is the psu that bombed.

A game that lasted 4.5 years=bombed? Ok then...

Tsyuku
May 24, 2011, 09:45 PM
Then people don't buy your product. Doesn't sound like a good business model to me. We know all about hype machines but c'mon, it is coming stateside.
They build hype and as with all hype, people fall for it. The first week sales are their main target. Dissatisfaction isn't found out till after the fact and they already have your money so..

Niloklives
May 24, 2011, 10:05 PM

uh...4.5 years?

Nitro Vordex
May 24, 2011, 10:06 PM
Just because a game stays around a long time doesn't mean it's good. If it makes money, which a lot of suckers were still paying money even though it was horribly managed, then they're going to keep it up.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 24, 2011, 11:36 PM
@Ffuzzy: How does advertising work? I always wanted to know. It was a major feature they promoted AND translated for the English speaking audience.

The "Global Support" thing was translated by fans from the original teaser, which was entirely in Japanese. "Global Support" may be in-game terminology describing an aspect of gameplay. I think we'd have to ask a Japanese fan, to get a better idea of what it means in context.

That said, I still think that we'll be getting this game, here.

Miyoko
May 25, 2011, 02:00 AM

You seem to be forgetting that people are idiots.

Also, you should look into the whole "New and Improved coke" thing the Coke company did back in the day.

I think at the moment, PSP2I is still Japan-only.

And they can keep it that way, for all I care!

PSP2-hate aside though, it wouldn't surprise me if it DID stay JP onry though. Handhelds are huge in Japan, so the success of PSP2/i there is pretty much guaranteed. I don't think PSP's are huge stateside, so I could see their reluctance to release it here...

r00tabaga
May 25, 2011, 06:39 AM
The "Global Support" thing was translated by fans from the original teaser, which was entirely in Japanese. "Global Support" may be in-game terminology describing an aspect of gameplay. I think we'd have to ask a Japanese fan, to get a better idea of what it means in context.

That said, I still think that we'll be getting this game, here.

Umm, that was a video on the official site, not a fan-made rehash. You would be fool to think that this will be Japan only. It seems there are a lot of fools around these days though.

NoiseHERO
May 25, 2011, 06:54 AM
Umm, that was a video on the official site, not a fan-made rehash. You would be fool to think that this will be Japan only. It seems there are a lot of fools around these days though.

The text in that video was ONLY japanese.

Fans just translated the text that popped up in it.

Sega only "translated" the gameplay video. ~_~

Niloklives
May 25, 2011, 07:48 AM

glad we can always rely on you for a laugh

r00tabaga
May 25, 2011, 08:39 AM
You wearing Old Spice today? You are so close I can actually smell you lately! You have flip-floped a number of times on this issue. You should go into politics. One second you are sure it's coming out here, then next minute you're ripping people for assuming that it is. Awesome.

NoiseHERO
May 25, 2011, 08:47 AM
Don't even try it.

You know what the correction was for.

Obviously meant it was gonna come out, but your added evidence, again, is horribly wrong.

r00tabaga
May 25, 2011, 09:08 AM
In my defense, I haven't seen either of the two videos in weeks so if I got them mixed up then sorry or whatever. From now on, please direct any and all of your questions & suggestions to Nilok as he is our resident genius and PSO2 correspondant.

NoiseHERO
May 25, 2011, 09:14 AM
But he IS a genius. :0

r00tabaga
May 25, 2011, 09:18 AM
I like the dude too but sometimes he can be a little much. He is somewhat of a one-upper & will pounce IMMEDIATELY if does't agree w/your opinion.

However, if you need any PC advice, he's the one to talk to.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 07:27 AM
pffft I speak my mind, point out facts, and don't stand for bullshit. I don't know how that means I try to "one-up" people. I realize people don't like being corrected, but if that makes me less likeable then so be it. If I was worried about what other people thought all the time, how would I even be able to function? Every move you make is bound to piss SOMEONE off.

So rather than play the social game, I stick to my guns, say what I want and try to be respectful. But when you act like a dumb-ass (not singling anyone out) I'll tell you to your face. I do the same thing with my family and closest friends. I've been with the same girl for 4 years and even she gets that from me. IMO it's a disservice to let someone think they're aces when they're deuces. It's a temporary standing though. if I say you're being an idiot it's not a mark of shame, it's a notice - "check yourself". As a psychology major, it'd be pretty silly to think that people lack the capacity for change.

btw I have not once gone back on what I've said - I don't see how we won't get the game, but using evidence that doesn't exist to support the theory doesn't help the theory and I'll smack it down just the same.

But he IS a genius. :0

There's really nothing appropriate to add to that, but I thought it was funny.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 07:41 AM
Really? You yourself chased one of my posts saying I WAS WRONG b/c I said there's a chance "that we will get lucky this time" & get PSO2 in the U.S. & then you turn around and say "yeah, we probably will" two seconds later. You just lke to hear yourself talk.

The one-upper bit has to do with you basically proofreading many of my comments. It gets annoying when people "trail you" and try to correct everything you say. There are people here who I clearly do not like & who are on my ignore list now, you are not one of them ONLY b/c you have 2 things I need......solid PC info & logic behind your arguments. I hate debating with idiots who swear & dig to make their points.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 07:45 AM
Really? You yourself chased one of my posts saying I WAS WRONG b/c I said there's a chance "that we will get lucky this time" & get PSO2 in the U.S. & then you turn around and say "yeah, we probably will" two seconds later. You just lke to hear yourself talk.

The one-upper bit has to do with you basically proofreading many of my comments. It gets annoying when people "trail you" and try to correct everything you say. There are people here who I clearly do not like & who are on my ignore list now, you are not one of them ONLY b/c you have 2 things I need......solid PC info & logic behind your arguments. I hate debating with idiots who swear & dig to make their points.

I said you were wrong about the reasons, not the underlying message. iirc I even said I agreed with you at the end of that post.

EDIT: And no offense, but if you don't want to be corrected, try checking your facts before you try to lay some knowledge on someone. how many times have you come out and said things that were flat out wrong? again, I'm not trying to jump on you, but think about it - you talk to people trying to give them information. You give them FALSE information. Maybe you know it's false, maybe you don't, but someone reads it and THEY believe you. Now THEY go out and think they know something that they don't. They may even engage in an argument with someone based on something you said that was completely wrong. That can't feel good knowing you shit on someone's day just 'cause they trusted you not knowing any better.

That's why I jump in and correct you. Not to single you out, not to make you feel like an idiot, but so that you know and hopefully so the people that are reading after you post know what's actually going on. If I say something that's false, I HOPE someone will come in and correct me. It may not feel good to be wrong, but it's better than being wrong and having it hurt someone. fwiw, I think more highly of people who are wrong and can admit it than I ever would of people who are wrong and defend it to their graves. It actually lets me trust them more to know that if they do make a mistake they can come out and say it, so I know they may not always be right, but that being right isn't their motivation behind speaking to begin with. I think most intelligent people think the same way.

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2011, 08:44 AM
I said you were wrong about the reasons, not the underlying message. iirc I even said I agreed with you at the end of that post.

EDIT: And no offense, but if you don't want to be corrected, try checking your facts before you try to lay some knowledge on someone. how many times have you come out and said things that were flat out wrong? again, I'm not trying to jump on you, but think about it - you talk to people trying to give them information. You give them FALSE information. Maybe you know it's false, maybe you don't, but someone reads it and THEY believe you. Now THEY go out and think they know something that they don't. They may even engage in an argument with someone based on something you said that was completely wrong. That can't feel good knowing you shit on someone's day just 'cause they trusted you not knowing any better.

That's why I jump in and correct you. Not to single you out, not to make you feel like an idiot, but so that you know and hopefully so the people that are reading after you post know what's actually going on. If I say something that's false, I HOPE someone will come in and correct me. It may not feel good to be wrong, but it's better than being wrong and having it hurt someone. fwiw, I think more highly of people who are wrong and can admit it than I ever would of people who are wrong and defend it to their graves. It actually lets me trust them more to know that if they do make a mistake they can come out and say it, so I know they may not always be right, but that being right isn't their motivation behind speaking to begin with. I think most intelligent people think the same way.

I already barked up that tree again yesterday, at this point I'm assuming he either takes shame in being wrong, is truly THAT stupid, or just doing it on purpose.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 08:58 AM
Well regardless, while that statement was directed at him for the purposes of this discussion, I may as well put my position out there so people know what I'm about. regardless of what he thinks, I don't want others to think I'm just out to make myself sound intelligent. Admittedly many of you already get it, but it doesn't hurt to put it out there.

DannGunn
May 26, 2011, 09:10 AM
To the OP, I really can't see a 10th anniversary game being kept in JP, SEGA will probably drag their feet in localisation but its the smartest move for them to concentrate on JP until the game is nearing BETA. I wouldn't worry too much, it will come just hopefully before the Rapture or 2012 get us!

EqualGraphics
May 26, 2011, 01:14 PM
After hearing like a year ago that Sega of America made job posting (I think for Sonic Team, not sure) chances are very strong it's coming to the states.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 01:17 PM
I already barked up that tree again yesterday, at this point I'm assuming he either takes shame in being wrong, is truly THAT stupid, or just doing it on purpose.

At least I'm not a horrible artist. And the funny part is you actually think it's good! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...are you drawing bad on purpose???

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
At least I'm not a horrible artist. And the funny part is you actually think it's good! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...are you drawing bad on purpose???

Hah! I thought you blocked me.

Akaimizu
May 26, 2011, 01:26 PM
Until SEGA of Japan stops releasing localized versions of every Phantasy Star in the west, I wont even be concerned about such a subject.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hah! I thought you blocked me.

Yeah, I peaked. I'm weak.

BIG OLAF
May 26, 2011, 01:31 PM

Well, guys, attacking each other's intelligence and artistic abilities respectively isn't exactly the adult way to handle things. Nilok's response was by far the best.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 01:46 PM
I am playing fair actually. People call me stupid and they skate by the mods. I say someone's pictures look like crap & I'll probably get warned. It's impossible to have good conversations with people attacking me all day long. Eventually the bridge gives.

RemiusTA
May 26, 2011, 02:09 PM
I was having a discussion in IRC and I brought up PSO2, and this sparked a more disconcerting line of commentary which was that SEGA would most likely not PSO2 over to North America due to the flop of PSU on both consoles and PC.

Is there any basis behind this at all? It was my understanding that they had all intention to bring it to the states but after this conversation I've never actually had that confirmed from an official source.

Anyone have the down-low on this with a real source?

It'll most likely end up over here. Them localizing the game is not the issue.

The issue is whether or not we'll recieve equal and constant support. That's the real threat here.

Edit: im starting to see how pathetically hilarious these opinion arguments look from the outside. I think im going to stop participating in them....

BIG OLAF
May 26, 2011, 02:48 PM
I am playing fair actually. People call me stupid and they skate by the mods. I say someone's pictures look like crap & I'll probably get warned. It's impossible to have good conversations with people attacking me all day long. Eventually the bridge gives.

Or you could do what I do. Either:

-Take the high road and ignore them. Or,

-Make light of their joke, and respond sarcastically.

Those are usually what I do when someone attempts to blatantly insult me. Just yesterday, someone (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=40925) decided to call me an incestuous retard just because they misunderstood my post. But, I just took it in stride, and didn't attempt the same rudeness in return. Putting fire on fire doesn't quell the flames.

r00tabaga
May 26, 2011, 02:52 PM
You are right. I wish everyone got along b/c at the end of the day we are all fans of the same God damn series. I was wrong.

steaIth
May 26, 2011, 09:04 PM

it sounds to me like you actually pick some fights. Just lay off, and be sarcastic. If everyone took badly what people said, we (the world) would be at constant war

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2011, 09:15 PM
it sounds to me like you actually pick some fights. Just lay off, and be sarcastic. If everyone took badly what people said, we (the world) would be at constant war

Don't worry, he's just grasping at his straws.

He's not going to be able to counter me calling him an idiot in 30 different ways, by doing a bad job at attacking my art. ;]

That being said, I should find better ways to sound like a dick.

Niloklives
May 26, 2011, 10:45 PM
one is enough, mike

•Col•
May 26, 2011, 10:54 PM
I dunno. It just seems like r00tbagga uses a lot of opinions as if they are fact, and spreads misinformation, which isn't too good to begin with, but... The big thing is though... When he gets into an actual argument, he uses something completely irrelevant to personally attack another person. I've seen him do it on three separate occasions now.

That's why I personally put him on the same level as josh, anyway. :3c

Anon_Fire
May 27, 2011, 12:32 AM
Are some of you saying that you don't trust SEGA handling PSO2's NA/EU release?

blace
May 27, 2011, 12:46 AM
Well from looking back on Sega of America's record, they haven't done any advertising for later entries, lack of any real support, they did run PSU and PSO:BB, but closed those down after lack of updates.

Currently, PSP2 has barely seen the light of day from the way it looks. Other than being full of trolls and hackers it hasn't recieved any kind of treatment.

Malachite
May 27, 2011, 01:24 AM
When he gets into an actual argument, he uses something completely irrelevant to personally attack another person. I've seen him do it on three separate occasions now.

Like when he insulted our great city! 3: Like Michaeru pointed out, it's just him grasping at straws.

•Col•
May 27, 2011, 02:02 AM
Are some of you saying that you don't trust SEGA handling PSO2's NA/EU release?

After how they handled PSU, I'm not surprised that people are wary.

Like when he insulted our great city! 3: Like Michaeru pointed out, it's just him grasping at straws.

Yeah, I remember, lol. Didn't leave a good first impression since he was unintentionally insulting me in the process as well.

r00tabaga
May 27, 2011, 06:25 AM

If it's so wonderful, why is everyone leaving? Place is the worst of all the Rust Belt cities. It's a dump.
For the life of me I can't figure out why people feel they can dish out insult after insult & then when something gets thrown back in their face they do't know what to do. Man, we learned that stuff on the playgrounds, except it was a fist not a qwip that got put in your face.

Niloklives
May 27, 2011, 08:03 AM
Uh..their insults are a direct response to the things you say. you make false statements and they say stop saying stupid things. You get pissed, make fun of their names, tell them it sucks where they live and that they can't draw. How is that any semblance of "don't dish it out if you can't take it"?

The simple response for you not to be insulted by them is to put some thought into what you say. What's theirs? Don't have a user name? Don't have a home? Don't have a hobby? Yeah that's definitely the same. >_> See how much mileage you can get out of me have an avatar while you're in the habit of making fun of people for sharing space with you.

That all just makes it look like you're unable to come up with a proper comeback so you resort to acting like a 6 year-old. That only feeds the "you're stupid" label you hate so much. I'm not taking sides in this but you're older than them and have three kids. Would you want your children to see you acting that way?

Tyreek
May 27, 2011, 08:05 AM
Well from looking back on Sega of America's record, they haven't done any advertising for later entries, lack of any real support, they did run PSU and PSO:BB, but closed those down after lack of updates.

Currently, PSP2 has barely seen the light of day from the way it looks. Other than being full of trolls and hackers it hasn't recieved any kind of treatment.

I recall when Ruby announced that a security update was coming to PSN for PSP2. That was back in December.

And to this day, those network codes are still useless. I have as much concern as anyone else on how SEGA will deal with handling a localized version of another Phantasy Star game.

r00tabaga
May 27, 2011, 09:18 AM
Uh..their insults are a direct response to the things you say. you make false statements and they say stop saying stupid things. You get pissed, make fun of their names, tell them it sucks where they live and that they can't draw. How is that any semblance of "don't dish it out if you can't take it"?

The simple response for you not to be insulted by them is to put some thought into what you say. What's theirs? Don't have a user name? Don't have a home? Don't have a hobby? Yeah that's definitely the same. >_> See how much mileage you can get out of me have an avatar while you're in the habit of making fun of people for sharing space with you.

That all just makes it look like you're unable to come up with a proper comeback so you resort to acting like a 6 year-old. That only feeds the "you're stupid" label you hate so much. I'm not taking sides in this but you're older than them and have three kids. Would you want your children to see you acting that way?

Sorry but you seem to forget that they bring this on themselves. I never once started anything with them. I fight back back with insults b/c I don't appreciate their digs. I would just stay out of it if I were you.
Name one false statement I made btw. My opinion is my opinion. Look up opinions & see what it says. You aren't a mod, stop acting like one.

Niloklives
May 27, 2011, 09:45 AM
Sorry but you seem to forget that they bring this on themselves. I never once started anything with them. I fight back back with insults b/c I don't appreciate their digs. I would just stay out of it if I were you.
Name one false statement I made btw. My opinion is my opinion. Look up opinions & see what it says. You aren't a mod, stop acting like one.

rofl ok now I'm siding with them. I know what an opinion is and you've made so many false statements where do I begin? how about when you said the English in the PV was an indication that we were getting the game? how about when you said that the same PV said they were offering global support? How about when you said that a gaming PC costs 2 grand? None of those are opinions. in fact if you had any kind of memory you'd remember that -I- was the one that outlined what an opinion was only a few weeks ago so people like you couldn't hide behind their own bullshit. But since you wanna play that card, let me dig it up for you.

The word opinion is overused and is commonly a defense mechanism for people with weak arguments.

Here is what can be construed as an opinion:

"I think Sega should release PSO2 for PS3"

Here is what can objectively be called an opinion:

"Sega would be stupid not to put PSO2 on PS3"

Here is what you guys are trying to do under the guise of an opinion:

"DCUO is a game which shows that MMOs can succeed on PS3 and proves that PSO2 would do well on consoles"

Note that in the last statement, you are presenting something as evidence to support what you might call a fact. This is not in fact an opinion because you are no longer expressing a personal view point, but are creating a point of contention. What this actually becomes is a proposal for a fact, or a theory, which can be refuted, supported or augmented.

Just in case you don't understand, an opinion is a statement of your personal feelings. You cannot argue over an opinion because it can't be proven or disproven. You CAN argue over the reason behind the opinion if for example they are based on conjecture or misconceptions and not on hard facts. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to sound smarter than you are. You keep falling on your face and getting pissed when people laugh. That's just childish.

Oh and incidentally, I'm not acting like a mod cause if it were up to me, you'd be banned by now for directly attacking forum members for no reason. I'm acting like a mediator which means I'm trying to keep things from getting to the point where a mod needs to step in and hopefully make things easier on everyone - including you by offering some input you clearly need to be able to function within the confines of this community. Tools you seem to lack which leads me to wonder how you interact with people irl since I can't imagine anyone with any sense would want someone who behaves the way you do on their payroll.

This entire time I've tried appealing to your sense of reason, but I guess that was expecting too much of you. for the sake of generations to come I hope your kids take after their mother.

r00tabaga
May 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
Did you get all giddy & smile when you hit the enter key? I bet you did. You are seriously into this shit aren't you! Honestly, I got to about your 3rd sentence and got bored, sorry. I'm sure it was epic.
Have a great holiday weekend everybody.

Milla
May 27, 2011, 10:15 AM
rofl ok now I'm siding with them. I know what an opinion is and you've made so many false statements where do I begin? how about when you said the English in the PV was an indication that we were getting the game? how about when you said that the same PV said they were offering global support? How about when you said that a gaming PC costs 2 grand? None of those are opinions. in fact if you had any kind of memory you'd remember that -I- was the one that outlined what an opinion was only a few weeks ago so people like you couldn't hide behind their own bullshit. But since you wanna play that card, let me dig it up for you.

Just in case you don't understand, an opinion is a statement of your personal feelings. You cannot argue over an opinion because it can't be proven or disproven. You CAN argue over the reason behind the opinion if for example they are based on conjecture or misconceptions and not on hard facts. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to sound smarter than you are. You keep falling on your face and getting pissed when people laugh. That's just childish.

Oh and incidentally, I'm not acting like a mod cause if it were up to me, you'd be banned by now for directly attacking forum members for no reason. I'm acting like a mediator which means I'm trying to keep things from getting to the point where a mod needs to step in and hopefully make things easier on everyone - including you by offering some input you clearly need to be able to function within the confines of this community. Tools you seem to lack which leads me to wonder how you interact with people irl since I can't imagine anyone with any sense would want someone who behaves the way you do on their payroll.

This entire time I've tried appealing to your sense of reason, but I guess that was expecting too much of you. for the sake of generations to come I hope your kids take after their mother.

Ouch! Its gonna take more than a reverser to help after that burn. XD

I forgot what i was gonna post, this "conversation" between you two is too entertaining.

blace
May 27, 2011, 10:38 AM
@Tyreek Security update never got past that point. I never actually thought any of it would happen, just the lackluster effort that is Sega of America.

r00tabaga
May 27, 2011, 10:42 AM
If I may add...1)the gaming laptop I was looking at indeed was $2g Nilok 0 Me 1 2)the PV video w/English, I said was a mistake right after I posted it b/c I thought it was referring to the newest gameplay video Nilok 0 Me 2
You're so full of crap. YOU LIKE HEARING YOURSELF TALK.

NoiseHERO
May 27, 2011, 10:45 AM
If I may add...1)the gaming laptop I was looking at indeed was $2g Nilok 0 Me 1 2)the PV video w/English, I said was a mistake right after I posted it b/c I thought it was referring to the newest gameplay video Nilok 0 Me 2

HAHAHAHA...!

No comment...

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 27, 2011, 10:46 AM
Ok, I think everyone needs to take a step back.
Look at yourselves.

Shameful.

RemiusTA
May 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
I actually agree with Fuzzy for a change.

Skye-Fox713
May 27, 2011, 02:13 PM
I would hope PSO2 is coming out for NA/EU.

Shinji Kazuya
May 27, 2011, 02:49 PM
For me it's like this: If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't. There's tons of other stuff to play.

I do hope it comes 'cause I'm a big Phantasy Star fan and after PSU PC/PS2 servers closed down I'm still looking for a fun and nice online rpg and the only one that interests me so far is Tera. Looks like a massive fan service game with all them pretty girl characters with their big melons or thighs, which is a not a bad thing at all. The combat and PvP looks fun from the videos I saw but can't really say anything without trying it.

So... yeah. PSO2 come to us. If not, well I'll live with it. It probably will though. I hope.

Niloklives
May 27, 2011, 04:23 PM

That's not what a gaming PC costs though. That's what you want to spend. It also doesn't matter if you admitted you were wrong. The point is you are wrong consistently and get pissed when people correct you. I'm not going to dig up a list of every goofy thing you've said, I'd be sifting and sorting for over a month. How about how you tried to say that fake facts were opinions though? are definitions opinions now? If you had a sense of humility no one here would insult you. problem is you have too much ego to hold a conversation.

I know you feel threatened by me, but try not to be so obvious about it.

RemiusTA
May 27, 2011, 05:34 PM
Dont you love it when theres this full page of arguments and then this one guy who just waltz's in and makes a comment that's actually ON topic that looks out of place because people have been bitching so long

BIG OLAF
May 27, 2011, 06:10 PM
*comes in*

"So, I think that SEGA will probably relea-..."

*looks around*

"What the hell is going on in here?"

*leaves*

Niloklives
May 27, 2011, 06:27 PM
Dont you love it when theres this full page of arguments and then this one guy who just waltz's in and makes a comment that's actually ON topic that looks out of place because people have been bitching so long

Way to get things back on topic, remius.

NoiseHERO
May 27, 2011, 06:45 PM
I still think SEGA having their own forums for PSO2 is enough for now, It'd be nice but I doubt there be some E3.

All I really wanted was some acknowledgement that this game is going possibly to exist in english, nothing like a REAL teaser or a full trailer just yet.

With PSP2i though, as nice as that game looks...I can't imagine them trying to sell an expansion for a PSP game and actually getting good reception, so it'd be understandable if we never get that. But PSO2 is important. ;o;

Tetsaru
May 27, 2011, 06:48 PM
I'm surprised the mods haven't taken action yet amidst all this stupid-ass bickering and off-topic rambling going on across this forum lately. I know I've been a part of it here and there, but if it were me complaining about the state of PSU a couple of years ago, the topic would've already been closed or edited, and I'd be slapped with a temporary ban... :rolleyes: If I wanted to watch people bitch at each other and talk random nonsense, I'd probably just watch Jerry Springer or one of the countless stupid reality shows out there (which, btw, I think is sad that people actually watch and fund that drama shit).

And for what it's worth, my current PC that I bought around 5 years ago DID cost $2,000... but ONLY because it was a name brand, and I didn't know anything about Newegg or building computers back then, AND I bought a monitor along with it, which probably tacked on about $200 or so more. Nowadays, no one should ever pay that much for a PC, unless they're going for something top-of-the-line, super-high-end, server speed rig and have more dollars than they do sense (lol see what I did thar).

steaIth
May 27, 2011, 07:08 PM
There is a lot of reason that it will be released to us, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. The question is, if there will be a delay, and how long the delay might be.

new idea!

[SPOILER-BOX]off topic spoiler boxes![/SPOILER-BOX]

Tetsaru
May 27, 2011, 07:14 PM
new idea!

[SPOILER-BOX]off topic spoiler boxes![/SPOILER-BOX]

That'd be nice, but I highly doubt people would learn to use them. Some people don't even know how to search for existing topics or avoid bumping year-old ones... ><

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2011, 07:51 PM
Why does Niko fall for every troll that he reads?

Also every time I read the topic title I keep think Not Available, rather than North America. Though I suppose N/A would be correct concerning SoA's management.

NoiseHERO
May 27, 2011, 08:00 PM
I liked the part where I was like *insert something on-topic* then a bunch of people decided to keep bringing it back up hypocritically anyway.

Not like there was anything else to really talk about anyway after the 2nd page, since ironically r00ta already made this kind of thread before. With all his responses I'd be extremely surprised if he were actually a troll anyway. :\

Should probably just be locked. Or like have the last 4 pages deleted or something.

Niloklives
May 27, 2011, 08:25 PM

Also every time I read the topic title I keep think Not Available, rather than North America. Though I suppose N/A would be correct concerning SoA's management.

Why can't anyone get my name right? o_o

Anyway I'd like to think being a troll takes a certain level of intelligence, something certain people I respond to don't seem to have. Trust me when I say I try not to dignify things when I know someone is just trying to antagonize someone else.

And for what it's worth, my current PC that I bought around 5 years ago DID cost $2,000... but ONLY because it was a name brand, and I didn't know anything about Newegg or building computers back then, AND I bought a monitor along with it, which probably tacked on about $200 or so more.

Even back then you paid too much. Point is it's fine to be mistaken or just plain not know something, but when multiple people tell you you're wrong and support their claims with their own knowledge and experience and you try to argue with them and resort to name calling and childish mockery because you need to defend your bruised ego, it's something else. As I've said before, there's nothing wrong with being wrong. it's how you handle it.

Anon_Fire
May 27, 2011, 09:04 PM
Close this thread please. No point in this going on.

r00tabaga
May 28, 2011, 06:54 AM
Close all these pointless threads then. Nothing has any reason except for Colaya's "what we know" thread. Trolls are ruining all these forum topics.

Nitro Vordex
May 28, 2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, stop ruining threads r00t, gawd.

r00tabaga
May 29, 2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, stop ruining threads r00t, gawd.

Had to throw that in there. Can we all just chill for one God damn weekend? It gets tiresome bickering all the time. It's more fun to get along and talk about our common interest "pso".

RemiusTA
May 29, 2011, 02:36 PM

Hahahaha this actually made me lol for a while