PDA

View Full Version : rangers and ammo

adonis565
May 24, 2011, 07:40 PM
please tell me rangers in this can fire freely without the restrictions of pp like in PSP 2

MAXrobo
May 24, 2011, 08:16 PM
In the trailer the character was firing a gun with no cost to PP, so i would assume so. but there is some sort of charge attack (thats what it looked like to me, dont know how ranger stuff is done in the psp games) that takes PP to fire.

Sord
May 24, 2011, 08:18 PM
If there is ammo, it's certainly not PP. If you watch the trailer, the PP bar isn't being depleted at all by normal shots at 2:20, but is reduced when a large laser/rocket looking attack is fired. From the looks of the overall trailer, basic combo strikes (sword OR gun) don't use any PP, but stronger, more unique attacks do. From the looks of it, we'll probably have basic combo/attacks and get better abilities that share the PP bar as a sort of cool down timer (the bar seems to regenerate itself at a few point in the trailer, whether this is just waiting for a period between attacks, caused by an item, or natural regen I can't say with 100% accuracy)

•Col•
May 24, 2011, 09:22 PM
I created the PSO2 Info thread to prevent ones likes these from being made..........

..........I've failed in my goal. :(

Sord
May 24, 2011, 09:28 PM
You can hardly control what people check or don't check. To be fair, we could just tell the guy to google it or post redirecting links to the sticky, but honestly that's just another post as well, so might as well just cough up the info. Despite the argument for not doing that is it "encourages" people to be lazy, I seriously have my doubts to people really reacting that positively half the time to "Quit being lazy and look it up yourself," and forming a habit out of it. For the rest of us though, that sticky can still at least be used as a reference if we forget a particular detail and don't wish to backtrack through posts and articles.

•Col•
May 24, 2011, 09:33 PM
You can hardly control what people check or don't check. To be fair, we could just tell the guy to google it or post redirecting links to the sticky, but honestly that's just another post as well, so might as well just cough up the info. Despite the argument for doing that is it "encourages" people to be lazy, I seriously have my doubts to people really reacting that positively half the time to "Quit being lazy and look it up yourself," and forming a habit out of it. For the rest of us though, that thread can still at least be used as a reference if we forget a particular detail and don't wish to backtrack through posts and articles.

There's one flaw in this logic.... They don't have to look it up themselves, and it actually takes quite a bit less effort to check the sticky... And it just makes everyone happier with less clutter on the forum.

You think if people had a specific question about something, they'd at least have the common sense to check a thread that would probably have the answer to the question...

Sord
May 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
There's one flaw in this logic.... They don't have to look it up themselves, and it actually takes quite a bit less effort to check the sticky... And it just makes everyone happier with less clutter on the forum.

You think if people had a specific question about something, they'd at least have the common sense to check a thread that would probably have the answer to the question...

They make a thread though, so regardless, at that point it already clutters the board, regardless of what goes on inside the thread. Also, clicking the sticky without any incentive is still "looking it up yourself," even if it's not a google search or something.

It'd be one thing if admins would combine threads like this into the sticky (which, by the way, is totally possible and has been done with this present forum software in the past.) However that does not seem to be the case, in fact moderation of this section has been rather poor if anything, with response only showing up if people specifically report posts it seems. So clutter exists as soon as the easily answerable question is asked, I'm not betting on the mods combining it, so there's really nothing that can be done about it.

Niloklives
May 24, 2011, 10:16 PM
His point is not to single out this thread but to oppose the general act itself. I'd think that was pretty obvious.