May 25, 2011, 06:14 PM
on the sega forums go check it out
http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?302-PSU-%28Japanese-PC-Version%29

pikachief
May 25, 2011, 07:25 PM
Cool!

bloodflowers
May 25, 2011, 07:43 PM
They saw sense in the end then on that one, that thread wasn't hurting anyone.

Crysteon
May 25, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hmmmm....this is odd, why would US officials support the japanese version this way? (if you count this as support)

PSOW should have renamed the previous US PC/PS2 section to JP PC instead of just closing it. Oh well....

Asking Alexandria
May 25, 2011, 09:50 PM
Spoiled brats

milranduil
May 25, 2011, 10:30 PM
Well we all know what you are!

Keilyn
May 25, 2011, 10:31 PM
Its called Politics.

You need people to post in a forumboard, which is why regardless the level of education a person with 5000 - 7000 posts with no education gets treated better than a person with a PHD and under 100 posts.

Forumboards know to lose people mean to lose support, which is why they always cater to get people to post and to the lowest common denominator.

This of course is predominant in the United States were everyone fights over preferential treatment. Go to any other nation and either you make or you don't...there is no special cry about "Feelings" and "Emotions" and as you see with "Official Forums" its just a measure to keep people posting. I mean god....I live in a nation where if I question anyone outside of Massachusetts for being "Critical and Analytical" people look at me as being "hurtful" and I look at them as being children stuck in adult bodies.

This is why they would even dare to do it...Either political pressure to keep people posting or pressure from headquarters. As usual...All politics. ^_^ Welcome to the World.

Crysteon
May 25, 2011, 10:52 PM
I just read the first line and skipped the rest. Politics? It cant be that retarded o_O...I thought it was because Delta proposed it to Edward and also to keep some order in General Discussion section. :S

Keilyn
May 25, 2011, 11:52 PM
Yup. Why start now when everyone has known of the JPN version forever? The answer is because many players have moved to the JPN version itself...the proposal comes because there is demand for it.

Lets not forget it was Edwards who closed down PSObb and PSU servers. SoA is political, always giving people false hope on updates and then screwing people in the end. I get a more stable network connection in psu jp than I did in psu na.

milranduil
May 26, 2011, 12:01 AM
Network connection sounds like a local problem. That's not SEGA's fault.

How do you personally know it is Edward's fault the PSOBB and PSU servers were closed? Do you have an inside source into SoA?

Btw it's not SoA who decides how the servers are run; it's SoJ. Get your own facts right before you bash on others...

Halcyote
May 26, 2011, 12:11 AM
Yup. Why start now when everyone has known of the JPN version forever? The answer is because many players have moved to the JPN version itself...the proposal comes because there is demand for it.

Lets not forget it was Edwards who closed down PSObb and PSU servers. SoA is political, always giving people false hope on updates and then screwing people in the end. I get a more stable network connection in psu jp than I did in psu na.
Lmao what is wrong with you?

I know you're mad and all, but at least make your post more believable.

1. Edward wasn't around when PSOBB shut down. SoA decided to shut down PSU PC/PS2 and PSOBB in both regions. Each for varying reasons.
2. Being vague on specifics != false hope. All these promises that the players keep saying SoA made about updates were actually assumed by the players themselves. SoA never promised us anything.
3. Your server connections isn't SoA's problem.

Crysteon
May 26, 2011, 12:12 AM

I think it's a really bad move from their part trying to add a section and claim that they dont support the JP version. I mean...er....dont you guys have a 360 version running? And on top of that....you're hosting a space for JP players? I still dont get it...really. I'm positive that PSOW is a fan site that supports all versions of the game, and it should be the one that may have to offer an actual place for each cluster of the global community.

I wont really mess up with who or what is Edward's job...it's out of my interests and concerns. :confused: ...saying all this stuff has political background is a bit preposterous, dont you think?

Keilyn
May 26, 2011, 12:26 AM
Network Problem? Not on my end. ^_^ Network Programming (yes, actually programming the raw code that makes up our networking) is my specialization and area in comp science. I help a lot working in writing Linux Network Programming and optimizing it. I also work a lot in OS Internals and converting single-core algorithms into parallel algorithms.

In the matter of Edwards, its "Group by Association"

It means all involved are both personally at fault as well as collectively at fault. This is the price you pay when one decides to represent a company. I also recommend you learn about how localization actually works on games and how far independence actually goes. It would be a real eye opener for you.

I recommend you learn a little bit of logic prior to making a counter-argument.

Wasn't Astrophysics your passion or something? ^_^

Keilyn
May 26, 2011, 12:30 AM
I think it's a really bad move from their part trying to add a section and claim that they dont support the JP version. I mean...er....dont you guys have a 360 version running? And on top of that....you're hosting a space for JP players? I still dont get it...really. I'm positive that PSOW is a fan site that supports all versions of the game, and it should be the one that may have to offer an actual place for each cluster of the global community.

I wont really mess up with who or what is Edward's job...it's out of my interests and concerns. :confused: ...saying all this stuff has political background is a bit preposterous, dont you think?

Apologies for the double-post.

I come from Massachusetts. We people use the word "politics" in many ways...Both positive and negative actually. In most states im sure the word "politics" denotes the lowest end of ends and scheming.

When I use it, it tends to be more neutrality towards the matter. We aren't defining the idea of using politics and government for control, but politics in the way one actually creates "Policy" in a organization, government setting or group that has a ruling body.

Its very common here for someone to say "Oh my god, is it politics again?" but I know if I use the word down south I have to be extremely careful as it really is derogatory there. Don't know how you guys take it.

Apologies if the word usage was too harsh.

My mood and behavior was calm and neutral polite actually in the matter. Im not attempting to be "Aggressive" or "Hostile" so I just wish you to know and understand my emotions to the matter. ^^

Crysteon
May 26, 2011, 12:39 AM
Oh, thanks for clarifying the word usage, lol...I was getting it to the wrong way, I guess. And yeah...things are a bit too harsh down here if you dare to use the term in public, especially if it goes in a bad way, lol.

Keilyn
May 26, 2011, 12:43 AM
I know that Crys...

If I used it in the south, I probably would be strung like a piņata and beaten to a pulp by a few blindfolded people with baseball bats. ^_^ I'm sure you would love to take the first swing at me too...

Crysteon
May 26, 2011, 12:55 AM
No, face the facts...you might be get caught in open fire in the most ruthless way possible. Anyway, this is not a place to discuss stuff like that....it really pisses off the situation we are living. Also, I'd gladly ask you to refrain from such pointless stereotype, please.

I'm not a violent person myself, so I'll pass on that, sorry.

Keilyn
May 26, 2011, 01:04 AM
Oh, apologies.

I wasn't trying to be stereotypical. More like...Colorful. Yeah I am weird. I guess in my freetime I wonder strange things. I forget that you are from Mexico right? I am Hispanic myself born and raised in the US (yeah it makes me American right?) but I live in multicultural community and the majority of people I grew up with were working class.

A lot of us spoke spanish and english and we learned to be very colorful (and even throw in slang too) when talking about certain things. I prefer something graphic and colorful, almost even cartoony when thinking about the vile stuff that would happen if I did the wrong thing elsewhere. ^^

So I wasn't trying to throw a "Stereotype" as I tend to be the first on the table to wonder about the many labels and stereotypes I've attracted to myself over the years, but the kind to simply smile..

Example...If someone calls me an "Asshole" I always say "what? how dare you? I was born in MA...which makes me a purely certified Masshole! and I wear the tag with pride...Get in back of the line and I'll give you a title shot one day. ^^

So once again, my apologies.

~Keilyn

milranduil
May 26, 2011, 01:18 AM
Network Problem? Not on my end. ^_^ Network Programming (yes, actually programming the raw code that makes up our networking) is my specialization and area in comp science. I help a lot working in writing Linux Network Programming and optimizing it. I also work a lot in OS Internals and converting single-core algorithms into parallel algorithms.

In the matter of Edwards, its "Group by Association"

It means all involved are both personally at fault as well as collectively at fault. This is the price you pay when one decides to represent a company. I also recommend you learn about how localization actually works on games and how far independence actually goes. It would be a real eye opener for you.

I recommend you learn a little bit of logic prior to making a counter-argument.

Wasn't Astrophysics your passion or something? ^_^

Perhaps you misinterpreted my statement. My connection to US was always solid so long as the network I was playing on was solid...I never had problems connecting or with ping unless it was a local issue (or somewhere mid-route before the trace left my city...I have had a few problems before but they were all closer to my end than anywhere in CA). By that fact, it means that something was likely going wrong on YOUR network path to the US servers if you were having issues...and because many, many people had no issues 99% of the time with connectivity alone, I then assert that it is something along your own path and not how the servers were receiving you.

I am well aware of what by association means. You on the other hand apparently do not because you singled out Edward himself and it being his personal fault. Now you may mean differently, but that's certainly not what YOU said to begin with. There is a difference between representing a company and being blamed for something that is out of your sub-section's hands completely. As I said before, SoJ is the one who makes the decisions ultimately including what servers are shut down when. Now you might counter that by saying, well Edward still played a part in that and for all we know may have encouraged the shutdown fromt he get-go. I counter the counter with the fact that I know from first-hand experience how hard they fought to keep our servers alive every week. Unfortunately, they don't get the final say, so what happened happened. Don't go throwing blame where it doesn't belong.

I've taken various logic classes throughout my college career and aced all of them. So I see little reason to further study the subject to understand it in your flawed manner.

My passion used to be astrophysics before I learned how inexact of a science it really is at this point in the currentunderstanding of our universe and it's workings. I have thus changed my preferred field of focus to elementary particle theory. Not sure why you cared to make that statement though I highly doubt it is out of personal concern.

Keilyn
May 26, 2011, 02:02 AM
Here is my reply to you bobby.

My statement dealt with the servers themselves. PING and response time alone does not a server make. I hardly get errors during events in psu-jp, but in pc-ps2 I remember when half the members of my group would leave their computers on all night due things like the login server crashing and many complaining about excess lag and problems.

That came from two things: Too little bandwidth and low local processing power.

Sorry you know nothing about "First-Hand" experience to the matter. A person telling you "We are fighting hard to keep the servers alive" does not mean its meant.

I know from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE working for development companies that public relations is mainly for damage control. I even have experience working within Public Relations. A person in public relations can lose their job for posting information a company has prior to its release even if its planned for release. Trust me....I've even uttered lines like "yeah we are all trying our best" when half of us were slacking off in the next room playing cards. ^_^

I've held Military, Government and Corporate jobs and all have had the same issue. If you speak to anyone outside of employment about the internals of the company outside what is outlined in the section of what can be divulged to the public, you are liable to be fired and sued. In fact you go through a TRAINING PHASE where you are told exactly what to say when asked and what to do about situations where people try to pry for information.

I seriously doubt anyone told you the truth on any internals, because then what would happen is the first time someone whines about it...questions are asked and people are dealt with. The Japanese are known for being people who actually back their policies extremely well and are extremely efficient at actually running Damage Control through Public Relations. In fact they are Legendary in the area.

Yeah I have logic courses taken too. I don't mean just prepositional logic. That is kiddie stuff. Computer Sciences is heavily within logic theory and mathematics. In fact it gets interest when you reach advanced logic as in itself it gives some of the most interesting arguments and reads I've ever been engrossed in.

Actually the statement on astrophysics was out of personal concern. I was curious about catching up and arguing/debating/chatting at the same time. You may have me blocked in-game and on msn...but for a brief period of time we did talk and we were acquaintances/friends if you call it that. I still remember our fluege runs.....and how one dropped on 0 luck.

A person can like me or cast hatred on me, but I do like checking up on people specially when I recently returned to place. What I know about you so far is you are continuing your TAs and seem from this to be the same old....then you switch to particle theory. Is that going to require you to take a lot more courses too?

If its one attitude I carry from the real world to the online world is the attitude of a person can be the highest in the world or the lowest to me, I still will give them time and listen, even check up on them.

milranduil
May 26, 2011, 02:28 AM
Yeah I remember all the login server crap. THAT was actually SoE's fault as the login servers are in EU lol. Still not Edwards fault (just a btw). However, I never once talked to anyone with direct lag or whatever other "problems" you are referring to that wasn't something on their end in some respect, whether it be their own home/work/campus internet or some hop along the way. I get the same small & random number of disconnects from JP as I did US. Their performance purely on a functional basis is equal from my perspective (and others).

You can think all you want about what I may or may not know about first-hand experience. You didn't hear the things I heard or were said to me. Who are you to play that game? I, and my source, knew very well the risks involved in divulging anything at all. He made it abundantly clear that what I was being told was supposed to be kept on the down-low if you will, i.e. keep my mouth shut.

I am actively studying physics in general for now myself which you can imagine requires a great deal of logic to fully and accurately study. To study particle, requires a single additional class which I have plenty of time for as I am still at the undergraduate level (only slightly as I am in my last year which includes much fewer classes as a senior than I did as a junior which I just finished). I followed through nonetheless and completed my astrophysics studies with what my college has to offer, but am overall extremely disappointed in how little I really was able to pull away from the department.

Tyreek
May 26, 2011, 04:50 AM
I'm sorry, isn't this getting a tad off topic? Its getting hard to pay attention to this thread with all of these consistent long posts. And I thought I was long-winded... O_O;

So SEGA decided to add a JP subsection. That's all well and good. We can enjoy that. Or not. This conspiracy/politics/motive thing is becoming... Uneeded. I agree with Crysteon though, its awkward that they added the section, but state that they don't support that version. Oh well, a disclaimer is a disclaimer. At least the information will be concentrated there. For how long, we'll just have to see.

Vent
May 26, 2011, 09:14 AM
Are you seriously arguing who's the most educated here? :-? That's pretty hilarious.

It's weird that they added the section, yes, that's the reason I clicked on this thread, but there's no big deal about it.

Meyfei
May 26, 2011, 09:26 AM

:X inb4 360shut down?

like a few people said: why all of a sudden?
>.> dont get me wrong (@ others) im not wishing such acts.

milranduil
May 26, 2011, 11:58 AM
Are you seriously arguing who's the most educated here? :-? That's pretty hilarious.

It's weird that they added the section, yes, that's the reason I clicked on this thread, but there's no big deal about it.

He is attempting to instigate conspiracy theories into the reasoning behind SEGA's various decisions...I am simply trying to quell them.

DeltaViolet+
May 26, 2011, 12:22 PM
The "JP Account" thread was getting very very popular, when the topic got locked other people were making threads dedicated to the Japanese server.
I sent a message to Edward asking if it could be unlocked, and from there they spoke amongst themselves and decided to make a JP sub-forum.

Credit should be given to Edward I never thought a sub-forum would ever be made.

*applause*

Dragwind
May 27, 2011, 08:01 AM
I would consider this a favor that the SoA staff decided to put out for the fans. As it says in the sticky, they do not officially provide any support for the JP version.

I'm sure quite a few people have thanked Edward for doing this, they really didn't have to make that forum.

Keilyn
May 27, 2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah I remember all the login server crap. THAT was actually SoE's fault as the login servers are in EU lol. Still not Edwards fault (just a btw). However, I never once talked to anyone with direct lag or whatever other "problems" you are referring to that wasn't something on their end in some respect, whether it be their own home/work/campus internet or some hop along the way. I get the same small & random number of disconnects from JP as I did US. Their performance purely on a functional basis is equal from my perspective (and others).

You can think all you want about what I may or may not know about first-hand experience. You didn't hear the things I heard or were said to me. Who are you to play that game? I, and my source, knew very well the risks involved in divulging anything at all. He made it abundantly clear that what I was being told was supposed to be kept on the down-low if you will, i.e. keep my mouth shut.

I am actively studying physics in general for now myself which you can imagine requires a great deal of logic to fully and accurately study. To study particle, requires a single additional class which I have plenty of time for as I am still at the undergraduate level (only slightly as I am in my last year which includes much fewer classes as a senior than I did as a junior which I just finished). I followed through nonetheless and completed my astrophysics studies with what my college has to offer, but am overall extremely disappointed in how little I really was able to pull away from the department.

You are right, I have been somewhat biased in my views towards Sega, but that is a mistake I can fix with this post. I was biased in giving them MORE CONSIDERATION than what I normally give other companies...

Yeah, I did a no-no, so I will fix that mistake RIGHT NOW.

Enough is enough.

I am the customer (client) and they are company/corporation. I paid SEGA money in order to play different versions of Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe. Those games locally at every level were eventually shutdown.

The exception are the 360 servers.

I now own a game, as well as many others do who does not have a network component thanks to the servers being shutdown. I don't give a damn if you try making it look like several entities of SEGA cared or did not care. I can care less...

I am the customer and what I cared about was a service being provided for the money I paid into the service, which resulted in loss of data, loss of time and energy. Sorry, but I am not paid to care nor do I need to care.

All I need is to see the results and let the results speak for themselves. I do not work for SEGA. I am not on their payroll. I don't need to care nor play being a fanatic acting like they "cared" and "tried to not shut things down"

sorry, but that is not good enough. The results themselves spoke as people did get angry about the issue.

If I had a wish to do this all over again, my desire would have been to play in Japan from the start and skip non-Japanese releases because then I would know I would have been treated a little better.

So what are the lesser of two evils...Having my money robbed due to an electronics error which caused me to go to court to get it back, or having my money robbed over a period of time to have the servers shutdown with every week a new posting of "promised updates" being delayed or not occuring at all?

Sorry but I know MMORPGs and Games online which have had their servers raised for over 8+ years with expansions, updates and people and those games have one thing in common. I myself raised a pair of servers which supported over 1000 players at every hour of the day for a three year period, and had much smoother performance than anything SoA/SoE came up with and I am just one person. The money to pay that server came from "Donations" made when the web page was up.

Now I know SEGA had problems with advertising, but I don't have to care...See because I am not a FANATIC to SEGA. I like Phantasy Star and perhaps I can even consider myself a Phantasy Star Fanatic, but first and foremost...

I liked Rieko's works a lot better than anything SAKAI came up with. My favorite of Rieko's works were Phantasy Star IV and Skies of Arcadia.

See, I don't comment on what SEGA does positively or negatively, WHY? Because I am not a freaking shareholder ok! ^^ I am just a customer. I comment on what I see and what I received as a customer which I have every single right to do so.

You seem to forget you are a customer and just because a "Little birdie" told you some information doesn't mean squat at the final moment of things. All you've been doing is defending SEGA like if you were on some private contract to be a representative and its getting annoying.

So yeah, your words do not change the fact we all had to start all over elsewhere. This happened not once but the many times....From the Dreamcast PSO, to Gamecube PSO, to Xbox PSO, then PSObb to then PRIVATE PSObb servers....not to mention the people who chose to go from PSU to PSUJP or PSU-360.

You wanted me to see the facts...THESE ARE THE FACTS as a customer I care about...Now when I choose to invest in SEGA at the shareholder level, then perhaps I can give a damn, as for now all I give a damn is playing my characters, meeting new and interesting people and having some fun considering my work in the real world is harsh.

I pay a monthly fee, play my characters in Japan or pay for services (GC if I care), that is how far my "Relationship" goes with SEGA.

As for my relationship with others...I am surprised I am writing this as it shows I give much more of a damn than I realized for the people like me who actually spent money and have forgotten about the money they lost and friends they had to say good bye to forever because they chose to move on after servers went bye bye.

milranduil
May 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
You knew from the get go that the servers would eventually be shut down...if you hated it so much, then why do you bother with ANY version of ANY online SEGA game to begin with? That's your own personal problem with the company and beyond the context of what we were arguing about to begin with. Most of your post is a tangent to what we were discussing to begin with. Call it what you will lol. But it's obvious you are EXTREMELY unhappy with SEGA which yields little reason to me at least why you even bother playing anything SEGA if they did you such a horrendous disservice in the past.

Btw if you said forever good-bye's to people, you obviously didn't care THAT much about them. Phantasy star servers are not the only method in this world to converse with others.