PDA

View Full Version : Game This is what happens when i am bored...

Clavat99
May 27, 2011, 10:57 AM
...I made a D&D like rpg paper game. THAT is what happens when i am bore. Dont judge me. In any case, the game is coming along rather nicely and i would love to have some people come and check it out. Its not officially ready to play yet, but it almost is. The "Generation Alpha" for current version means that it could be considered in alpha testing at the moment.

Come to http://starscapeng.webs.com to see the home site and review the game.

(yes, i wont be surprised if the name has already been used for something. yes, i know it sounds like star craft, no i will not change it. SO DONT BE GETTING PISSED ABOUT IT. :-D)

Sord
May 27, 2011, 01:47 PM
Looks like a fairly simple system thus far, but you haven't yet posted what rolls will be like for most interactions, and without that it's kind of hard to say how any of the leader stats or starting Count will truly affect things.

One thing that caught my attention though was pursue. You had it set so that only one pursuit could be made, and if it succeeded, the team being pursued couldn't retreat again. This is just an idea, but what about allowing more retreats, but they get additional penalties to their dice rolls after the 1st attempt (or perhaps the pursuer doesn't have to roll as high to get a successful pursuit check against the retreating team,) as well as receiving more additional damage if their attacker makes another successful pursuit check against them. So you'd have the option to keep retreating, but as your troops continue to flee (fail, and I suppose, panic in game since they can't escape) receive worse and worse consequences for it if you fail.

Clavat99
May 31, 2011, 12:11 PM
The game is still under construction. And i haven't even gotten into the combat rules yet. As i said before, its still in Alpha stage. As the game continues, i will be updating it and making adjustments. Next up will be Beta stage, then finally Generation 1.0. Once 1.0 is finished, the next few will go like an mmo gets updated. Patches will be added to update small things and fix little errors, then a full version expansion will be added to add more to the game. Im hoping that when im done advertising it around the internet (Clavat99 gets alot of publicity these days lol) there will be alot of people supporting and playing it. Im actually planning on adding a Xat chat box to the site so people can discuss things and give opinions.

Clavat99
Jun 2, 2011, 12:45 PM
Generation Alpha is ready to play! Go check out the site to learn how to play!

Clavat99
Jun 3, 2011, 10:58 AM
Generation Beta has arrived! The game is now fully playable with everything i wanted it to have! It will get more as i move it into Generation 1.0, but for now, everything is set! Sign up at the site for access to the forums and a newsletter if you opt to get it. Enjoy!