PDA

View Full Version : How long have you had PSZ?

Mustache
May 28, 2011, 04:48 PM
I made this thread to see just how long players have owned the game and compare old v new in currently active players. The games been out for 18 months give or take a couple months. Me personally am fairly new to the game having buying it this year around 5 months ago, so I'm not entirely familiar with the player community from way back when.

So, I'll put up a poll but post anyway.^.^ We all love active forums!

Atbar
May 28, 2011, 04:56 PM
I've voted 12-18 months. I bought the game in December of 2009 and been playing it off and on since. Out of all the DS games in my collection, this one has the most hours invested.

Mustache
May 28, 2011, 05:02 PM
Yes PSZ has the most time clocked in it for my DS too, at 350 hours I put a full 100 hours more in PSZ than in Pokemon Soul Silver. After that I don't know, maybe Pokemon White with a misely 86 hours.

Arrow
May 28, 2011, 07:23 PM
I think I got it since it was launched...well for Christmas that is of the year it was released.
been playing nonstop fora long time, then hit a drought, now back at it

bns1991
May 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
I have had the game since Decamber 2009. I just recently got back into it after taking a break to play Pokemon Black.

Chaos Rappy
May 28, 2011, 09:08 PM
Bought it pre-ordered for US release, got it the day it came out, and have been playing it ever since. :P

DevilBringer
May 28, 2011, 11:01 PM
I had completely forgotten about PSZ once DQIX came out.

Chaos Rappy
May 29, 2011, 12:56 PM
Funny. I waited several months after DQIX came out to buy it, played it, and pretty much threw it out after 15 minutes of playing. Didn't like it at all. Then, I immediately went back to PSZ and completed two consecutive SH ET runs, feeling so much more satisfied in doing those than playing DQ anymore. :P

Atbar
May 29, 2011, 02:50 PM
I remember buying DQIX around the time it was released and found it difficult to get into. I eventually solo'ed through DQIX back in January because of the way the game slows down on you when you have a full party. I consider DQIX to be a weaker entry in the series. I would recommend seeking out DQV for the DS before bothering with DQIX because the game is faster, more fun, and I played through the game several times before I got bored with it and moved on. Or better yet, stick with PSZ. ;-)

Gemel
May 29, 2011, 03:55 PM
I've had it a day before it came out in Japan since my preorder came early. *Strokes mustache*
I'm not really active in the game anymore though, not on my JP or EN copy.

DoubleJG
May 29, 2011, 06:14 PM
I've had since day one or two of the US release.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
May 29, 2011, 07:42 PM
12-18 Months.
Got 3 copies for me and 2 other people. Definitely one of my most played DS games.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 29, 2011, 11:24 PM
sine the day after the release (it wasn't available on the very first day at my game store)

kirtblue
May 30, 2011, 04:38 PM
Bought it pre-ordered for US release, got it the day it came out, and have been playing it ever since. :P

me too got it first day via preorder i got just over 600 hours but i stopped when psp2 came out

Norco
May 30, 2011, 04:56 PM
I got mine on April the 2nd last year, aka my brithday xD

Light dragon
May 31, 2011, 06:24 PM
I think I got mine the christmas it came out. Then heartgold came out and i stopped psz for the most part and played it on and off. Afterwords I was getting all into it but then I got white. I have passed white but feeling lazy in it and now im back to psz

Tigus
Jun 3, 2011, 12:43 AM
only about 1-6 months and have done alot in that short time im lv88 going on 100 and have 100+hr in the game im active alot just wish the online was better.

Shotte
Jun 5, 2011, 07:26 AM
Yes, DQ V Was a strong entry to the series, albeit I've never played IX So I can't really offer much comparison.

I've had it for about a Month and a half (But for Most of the Half I've Disappeared so I don't know if that counts), And I don't think it had the most time clocked up out of my DS Collection that I can measure. Even though I don't play them much nowadays, If my memory is correct Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Disgaea DS Both have about the same amount of time allocated to them. Although My Original Copy of Pokemon Gold on my GBC And One of those Cheapo 158 In 1s or some random number like that which I threw in the Bin.
It was a pain in the butt, every time I'd come into the Frontier phase everything I'd do would make it Error and delete the save, (On Emerald) And Fire Red was no-where near as good. And then that followed suit, except in an even worse fashion, So I promptly, with much satisfaction threw it away.

Moral: Don't buy Cheap Ebay Rip-Offs: They ruin your Free time

What's funny is I would've skipped those 2 Generations altogether if my Parents hadn't thought 'Nintendo DS, £80. Game Boy Micro £70. -Grabs the Latter' I shudder at the thought of that Console.

Well, looks like this entire post has turned into an extremely boring and extremely long ramble about my earlier years. Apologies for Writing this and if you need your Minute you wasted reading this back, I'm afraid they're non-refundable.

Pirrip
Jun 9, 2011, 09:24 PM
I got it on the JP release date. So many hours I'll never have back.

kagoma1112
Jun 9, 2011, 10:39 PM
6-12 months. I didn't know anything about it until a friend of mine told me about it.

Windancer
Jun 11, 2011, 03:07 AM
When they announced the game for the US I ran down to gamestop and Pre bought mine :) I was so tempted to import one from Japan while we were waiting to get a set in stone date. I used to buy games from Risingstuff which just went of business a few months back and I used to chat with the owner on their website and he tempted me many times lowering the price LOL I had him down to 35 dollars but just couldnt pull the trigger on an import version

Galax
Jun 16, 2011, 05:10 PM
Since Christmas 2008.

NER0
Jun 17, 2011, 07:51 AM
I got mine in November 2008 I think or somewhere around then.

Noblewine
Jun 30, 2011, 02:02 AM
I had it since launch but I've been playing it off/on alot.