PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Suddenly Gameguard error

redroses
Jun 4, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hello,

I tried starting up PSU today and suddenly got a gameguard error.
I am not sure why it suddenly happened and what the problems seem to be, here is a screen:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/gameguarderror.jpg

I already tried to flush my DNS, restarted router, turned of firewall so any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

Edit: Also just tried running PSU on a different computer in the house and I get the same gameguard error. I really have no idea what's going on.

milranduil
Jun 4, 2011, 12:37 PM
I am getting it also :(

redroses
Jun 4, 2011, 12:56 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just got it fixed! ;-;

I don't know if it will help you, adios but this is what helped me(sorry about the bad english coming up, have to translate the things from german):

-Go to your networkconnections
-right click on your LAN/or WLAN and go to proberties
-select your internetprotokoll (probably something with the nr. 4) by double clicking
-change your DNS from automatic to use the following the DNS
-Input 208.67.222.222 only in the above option
-Click on ok and try if gameguard lets you in.

Sorry again about the spelling mistakes and probably wrong meanings but I do hope you can find your way around!

milranduil
Jun 4, 2011, 12:59 PM
lol I don't know how you figured that one out but it worked! Thanks!

redroses
Jun 4, 2011, 01:00 PM
Somebody gave me the tip so all credit goes to him (thank you so much)!
Happy it worked out for you aswell!

gundam0079
Jun 4, 2011, 03:49 PM
how do i go bout finding that on win7?

milranduil
Jun 4, 2011, 03:50 PM
When you open network properties, go to "change adapter settings" and that should lead you to the place. That's what I did anyways lol.

gundam0079
Jun 4, 2011, 03:58 PM
ok sounds good, i think this is the Jp servers way of tryin to get rid of the importer problem. lol

after i go tho the adpator and then select my local connectiion. I cant seem to find the other parts...Sorry

cristfc
Jun 4, 2011, 04:30 PM
I got this error in last week but I've fixed it only:
commenting with # character before the lines:
188.165.56.119 patchpc.ipsu.segaonline.jp
188.165.56.119 loginpc.ipsu.segaonline.jp

on hosts file, which was setup for use in EGS...
I know that its US patch address (but ends with .jp...), but I fixed in this way, or perhaps it it was a temporary bug..
I have not restarted my router because I connected to a IP with nice ping, then I go to this desperate try and, in my case, it work :whip:

THLPSC
Jun 4, 2011, 04:34 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=1407
Its being worked on

Red*
Jun 4, 2011, 05:20 PM
ty had the same problem right now

Mystic_Nessly
Jun 4, 2011, 09:09 PM
ok sounds good, i think this is the Jp servers way of tryin to get rid of the importer problem. lol

after i go tho the adpator and then select my local connectiion. I cant seem to find the other parts...Sorry
I've not had any connection issues getting on PSU, but here is how to configure your connection settings.

To connect to a DNS server different than what your ISP provides you:
WINDOWS 7:
Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> "change adapter settings" on the left bar -> right click on your device which connects to internet (wireless or wired LAN) and select properties --> Click Internet Protocol Ver4 and select Properties --> Change settings there

WINDOWS XP:
Control Panel -> Network Settings -> right click on your device which connects to internet (wireless or wired LAN) and select properties --> Click Internet Protocol Ver4 and select Properties --> Change settings there

That address provided by redroses is a DNS server for OpenDNS, just so you know. For more info about Open DNS, you can read here:
https://www.opendns.com/home

The addresses for OpenDNS are:

Keilyn
Jun 5, 2011, 06:42 AM
Considering that half of what is in that link is a blatant lie, the only truth is the existence of the actual DNS servers.

For those who do not know what they are...

DNS (Domain Name Systems) are servers which have the job of translating the internet addresses we type in letters (hostnames) into numbers (IP addresses) and resolve them. They are databases that provide human translation.

Due to the sheer size of the internet, recording all addresses in each domain name into a DNS itself is a heavy undertaking and very difficult to keep up. Many systems can not record all pages out there in existence, so what operating systems do is have a set number of domain name servers a system rotates in and out when connecting to a page. For the most part, 80% of the time we retain ourselves under the same DNSs.

"Hi, we are OpenDNS, we are a private DNS which calls ourselves open!" ^_^

What a "Secure" DNS server really is, is a database of "accepted" addresses with unaccepted addresses omitted (which fail to resolve). This can be good for security, unless of course you fall out of the majority and find your sites being "being blocked" since they aren't known...

I've had no issue with my game, amazing how people changed their DNS rather than simply enter things into their host files or Software Extend their games. (Software Extention is when you create a list of IP addresses and call a function to do it as an Exec, The system does not need a DNS because the original IP addresses and protocols are used. This actually lowers your PING in-game since it functions as a bypass and direct and its 1 - 3 less hops to the server. ^_^

redroses
Jun 5, 2011, 07:42 AM
I really don't see how changing host files or software extention is easier then just changing the DNS. Especially if you do not know much about computers. I don't even know what a software extention is and even from your comment I do not understand it.

Besides, the problem with gameguard was apparently DNS based, so messing with host files or the like wouldn't have helped either way.

gundam0079
Jun 5, 2011, 11:22 AM
As above, not sure what a software extension is exactly.

gundam0079
Jun 5, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sorry for double posting, but no problems logging in now without the corrected DNS settings.

re
Jun 5, 2011, 07:04 PM
This issue made me remember this post:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153378
I guess the people having gameguard errors could try pinging that address on their regular dns and see if it resolves.