PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU question

reese087
Jun 5, 2011, 08:27 AM
Helllo, I'm new to the forums and have a questions about the JP PSU servers. If i live in America and only speak/read english is there a where to change the text in the game to english or would i have to learn to read Japanese?:-?:-?:-?

str898mustang
Jun 5, 2011, 08:41 AM
Better start learning Katakana

its not hard

reese087
Jun 5, 2011, 12:51 PM
sucky... :(

str898mustang
Jun 5, 2011, 12:56 PM
sucky... :(

it's really not hard, just a little memorization and if u have played PSU long enough, u should have the menus memorized.

pikachief
Jun 5, 2011, 02:11 PM
I don't know any Japanese other than the katana for "me" and i've been playing a good long time now :D I only learned it from constantly seeing megi-spheres megi-photons and stuff like me / quick and mega knights and mega lines, but i've been playing just fine for quite a while :)

[spoiler-box]What I do rather is because i played the game so often and i was so familiar where everything dropped and each items star rating, that i could see an item's rarity, weapon type, and drop location and be able to tell what the item is (a lot harder now with all the new stuff im familiar with now tho)[/spoiler-box]

If you become familiar with PSUpedia.info it'll tell you what drops where, for the most part, and so when u need to know where to go or need to find out what you just found in a mission you can go there :)

(or if its too much of a hassle you can stay on 360 if you have one :P )

gundam0079
Jun 5, 2011, 03:06 PM
Yah the way I have gotten around Jp servers is by all the menu and item memorization from the pc/ps2 servers in the US. But if you look at the katakna tables and items, its easy to pick out certain symbols and most the weapons have a similar sounding name.

Nereid
Jun 5, 2011, 05:15 PM
Also, some items are the same as the english name or very similar, so if you aren't quite sure what you have you can always just type it out and see if that gives you a clue. For example, Sanzu-Hiken on JP is just sanzuhiken or サンズヒケン。

cristfc
Jun 5, 2011, 06:13 PM
Helllo, I'm new to the forums and have a questions about the JP PSU servers. If i live in America and only speak/read english is there a where to change the text in the game to english or would i have to learn to read Japanese?:-?:-?:-?
katakana is really easy to memorize, it have only 48 characters, and with this, you can read iten names (almost all itens are written in katakana) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana
its easy, and if you memorize, it will help a lot

see the nereid sample:
サンズヒケン:
サ=sa
ン=n
ズ=zu
ヒ=hi
ケ=ke
ン=n
sanzu-hiken

CyberNei
Jun 5, 2011, 11:48 PM
Can also use Amesani PSU database (psu.amesani.org) for items' japanese names. o.o

str898mustang
Jun 6, 2011, 06:40 AM
yes u can..u should bookmark that site