PDA

View Full Version : Event I Have No Clue Who To Pick

Veoh
Jun 7, 2011, 02:38 PM
I Have noooo idea who to pick for the great arms race.

I Have a beast who i plan on being a FM
Im Gonna start using a cast whos gonna be a GM
Im also gonna start a newman MF sometime

i like the look of the rifle for GRM and if it wins i heard it would be pretty powerful.
the axe for me is outta the question because its not gonna win.
the wand would be good for the MF im starting and it would be powerful if it won.

anybody want to help me decide on who to pick?

Nereid
Jun 7, 2011, 02:51 PM
Even things that don't win are hardly worse off..the wand loses some PP if it loses, the Axe loses a bit of attack, and the rifle loses a bit of ACC. They are all very powerful regardless, but at the same time if you don't 10/10 or 9/9 your prize there are better options already available.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2011, 03:01 PM
but at the same time if you don't 10/10 or 9/9 your prize there are better options already available.

umm no there's not? kongora 0/10 > any other wand u have at 10/10

And out of the rifles u have fire arm 0/10 > any rifle thats not an Edil Fucil 10/10

Doesn't really matter which one wins since the stats they lose won't be hurt that bad at all (maybe just a little from the axe that is dark only anyways >.>)

Just pick whichever weapon you'd think would be most useful to you :) If it were me i'd personally pick kongora because i dont like rifles or axes and i can use any spell with a kongora making it useable in any circumstance! :D

NiceOnes
Jun 7, 2011, 03:07 PM
Kongora.

I have a Fucil.

I don't use my FM.

MF FTW.

Nereid
Jun 7, 2011, 03:19 PM
umm no there's not? kongora 0/10 > any other wand u have at 10/10

And out of the rifles u have fire arm 0/10 > any rifle thats not an Edil Fucil 10/10

Doesn't really matter which one wins since the stats they lose won't be hurt that bad at all (maybe just a little from the axe that is dark only anyways >.>)

Just pick whichever weapon you'd think would be most useful to you :) If it were me i'd personally pick kongora because i dont like rifles or axes and i can use any spell with a kongora making it useable in any circumstance! :D

10/10 Beefkebob Wellda 1071 TP
10/10 Granahodora 1078 TP

Kongora is a little bit better than the Firearm in that at 5 Grinds it will be better than anything else, should have been more specific.

10/10 Killer Elite 984 ATT
10/10 Edil Fucil 1150 ATT

At 9/9 Firearm is as good as a 10/10 Killer Elite, so clearly the Firearm is a significantly worse choice if you're a CAST.

THLPSC
Jun 7, 2011, 04:30 PM

Kongora is a little bit better than the Firearm in that at 5 Grinds it will be better than anything else, should have been more specific.

At 9/9 Firearm is as good as a 10/10 Killer Elite, so clearly the Firearm is a significantly worse choice if you're a CAST.

Did you forget that those aren't the GRM winning stats?

Nereid
Jun 7, 2011, 04:32 PM
The ATT didn't change between the winning and losing stats, just the ACC did as far as I know.

Orochinagi
Jun 7, 2011, 04:33 PM

Huh???? Maybe you should "RE-Research" that my friend. 10/10 Elite is 850 atp and 9/9 Firearm is 985 atp. I'm not sure where you got those numbers. The Wellda has horrible PP, so that wasn't even worth mentioning. Anyway, this event is all about preference. Like what you like that most, or what you actually want. The Ank Giaz is light only but is needed for a later trade-in for another axe. The Kongora is a one-handed Psycho Wand, nuff said. The Firearm looks like a .50 caliber Barret Sniper rifle (cool) and has the best stats for a rifle available to us for right now besides the glorified Mizurakihoh (Fucil). So they all have their own level of usefulness and have great stats whether the respective company wins or loses.

Nereid
Jun 7, 2011, 04:34 PM
Huh???? Maybe you should "RE-Research" that my friend. 10/10 Elite is 850 atp and 9/9 Firearm is 985 atp. I'm not sure where you got those numbers. The Wellda has horrible PP, so that wasn't even worth mentioning. Anyway, this event is all about preference. Like what you like that most, or what you actually want. The Ank Giaz is light only but is needed for a later trade-in for another axe. The Kongora is a one-handed Psycho Wand, nuff said. The Firearm looks like a .50 caliber Barret Sniper rifle (cool) and has the best stats for a rifle available to us for right now besides the glorified Mizurakihoh (Fucil). So they all have their own level of usefulness and have great stats whether the respective company wins or loses.

If you're talking about 10/10 Weapons and you don't factor in FCP Lv2, you shouldn't even be bothering with 10/10 Weapons. Also, the Giaz is dark only.

Orochinagi
Jun 7, 2011, 04:45 PM
I
If you're talking about 10/10 Weapons and you don't factor in FCP Lv2, you shouldn't even be bothering with 10/10 Weapons. Also, the Giaz is dark only.

That is your personal gameplay perspective. 10/10 weapons were around before FCP lvl2 in case you forgot. And yes, the Giaz Is dark. And IMO the most efficient weapons are ones that are great without needing to be 10/10.

Orochinagi
Jun 7, 2011, 04:47 PM
The ATT didn't change between the winning and losing stats, just the ACC did as far as I know.

Yea, don't worry, the stat changes are very miniscule so I think everyone should be pleased with the results. I'm glad they didn't decide to only give the weapon to the winning company.

Nereid
Jun 7, 2011, 04:48 PM
I don't even know how to respond to this post..a 10/10 Killer Elite is better than a non 10/10 Firearm, no matter how you look at it..regardless if the Firearm is better at all other grinds, that's just how the game works now.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2011, 07:43 PM

sorry i didn't understand that u were talking about something u never once mentioned. Next time i'll read your mind.

also getting one of these weapons 0/10 is just a TEENSY bit easy easier than getting a granahodorac 10/10 (by the way according to u is only slightly better and the welda is useless)

and which seems better to you? Selecting GRM and being garunteed a great rifle/wand, or spending whatever it costs to get a 10/10 killer elite or granahodorac? lol Or maybe the best option is getting a 10/10 edel fucil cuz we all know how simple that one is.

I just think your "logic" is a little bit ridiculous and 99% of the players aren't elitists.

ack sry raged a bit i had to even go through my post and tone it down a bit ^^

EDIT: also he didn't say the BEST weapons he said the most efficient. As in they're still very good without having to be messed with at all. U don't have to add on and increase its power yet its still really good :)

Nereid
Jun 7, 2011, 08:02 PM
If you're too poor to afford the best, than by all means enjoy a crappy weapon. I was simply pointing out that it really won't make a big difference because better weapons are available for the people that pick Tenora/GRM unless they are lucky enough to 10/10 their weapon, and for Yohmei if they are unlucky enough to not 5/x it.

And I assume at this point in the game everyone assumes FCP2 if you are discussing the efficiency of a 10/10 weapon..

Edit: Also, I don't see what's wrong with the Wellda, sure it's PP is low but it's manageable.

Midori Oku
Jun 7, 2011, 08:13 PM
10/10 or it's shit.

THLPSC
Jun 7, 2011, 08:15 PM

Yes, at 0/10 but we do not know from there on out the difference.....

pikachief
Jun 7, 2011, 08:18 PM
If you're too poor to afford the best, than by all means enjoy a crappy weapon. I was simply pointing out that it really won't make a big difference because better weapons are available for the people that pick Tenora/GRM unless they are lucky enough to 10/10 their weapon, and for Yohmei if they are unlucky enough to not 5/x it.

And I assume at this point in the game everyone assumes FCP2 if you are discussing the efficiency of a 10/10 weapon..

Edit: Also, I don't see what's wrong with the Wellda, sure it's PP is low but it's manageable.

Like i said there is a very small % of people who go around with all 10/10 weapons. for the majority of players these will be the best in this class of weapons they'll have.

If you're too poor to afford the best, than by all means enjoy a crappy weapon.

Even compared to the weapons u stated these are still pretty good weapons, they just aren't the best. Especially since they have to do little to nothing to obtain them.

I played this game about 10 hours a day for about 4 years and I never owned a single 10/10 weapon and i had never planned on owning a 10/10. Please stop assuming that everyone is just like u in this game.

Nereid
Jun 7, 2011, 08:18 PM
It's extremely unlikely that they would leave 0/10 unchanged and all other grinds different..but you will probably never know, it is likely that Yohmei will win on your servers, too.

Edit: Let's reanalyze what this topic is about. A guy is worried that he will make the wrong choice when picking a weapon. I simply informed him that there are other options already available that are better or competitive, so it really doesn't matter what he chooses. Whether or not he decides to choose Yohmei and then replace his missing Firearm with a 10/10 Killer Elite is up to him, but it is clearly an option. I honestly don't care what other people's weapons are like because I play the game to have fun, not to harass other players. I was actually attempting to be helpful before people started telling me I was wrong, when I clearly was not.

Crysteon
Jun 7, 2011, 08:46 PM
10/10 or it's shit.

That's the attitude, dear!! \o/

See? I dont hate you ;<

XbikXBd
Jun 8, 2011, 01:40 AM
it really does not matter since the /M weps will come out in later event XD

THLPSC
Jun 8, 2011, 03:17 AM
it really does not matter since the /M weps will come out in later event XD

Unlikely.

XbikXBd
Jun 8, 2011, 03:34 AM
Unlikely.

well i think its likely see as people said we never make it to GAR or even sup.
i think we will get the event XD

Orochinagi
Jun 8, 2011, 10:46 AM

How do you carry an elitist attitude yet are telling someone to get a 3 yr old weapon to 10 instead of the new one? And yes, as XbikXbd mentioned, the "/m" weapons will be available later. If I knew that this was your attitude about these weapons, I wouldn't have commented at all. There's no reasoning there. Its like saying if I'm gonna drive a good car I need to buy a Ferrari instead of receive a free Dodge Charger. Still gets the job done, more affordable (Free) realisticly. That is what deters newer players from the game when they read things like that and are told to get something that isn't within most people's reach, then they decide the game isn't for them because they assume this is how everyone plays. And quite honestly, element percentage is much stronger than grinds on most occasions. As for the Wellda, "Elite mode" remember?? Only good wands have good PP lol

Nereid
Jun 8, 2011, 01:10 PM
How do you carry an elitist attitude yet are telling someone to get a 3 yr old weapon to 10 instead of the new one? And yes, as XbikXbd mentioned, the "/m" weapons will be available later. If I knew that this was your attitude about these weapons, I wouldn't have commented at all. There's no reasoning there. Its like saying if I'm gonna drive a good car I need to buy a Ferrari instead of receive a free Dodge Charger. Still gets the job done, more affordable (Free) realisticly. That is what deters newer players from the game when they read things like that and are told to get something that isn't within most people's reach, then they decide the game isn't for them because they assume this is how everyone plays. And quite honestly, element percentage is much stronger than grinds on most occasions. As for the Wellda, "Elite mode" remember?? Only good wands have good PP lol

Are there problems with your brain? I wasn't aware age was a factor in weapons on PSU, what is good is what is good. I of course would recommend him to attempt to get his new weapon to 10, but with the chance of getting an S-Rank weapon being in the single digit percents, it's pretty realistic that more people than not will have broken rewards.

Orochinagi
Jun 8, 2011, 02:12 PM
Are there problems with your brain? I wasn't aware age was a factor in weapons on PSU, what is good is what is good. I of course would recommend him to attempt to get his new weapon to 10, but with the chance of getting an S-Rank weapon being in the single digit percents, it's pretty realistic that more people than not will have broken rewards.

But that isn't what you did Nereid. Instead you suggested an older weapon. Choose your position wisely before you post. Don't be intimidated by construtive critizism. Debate or discussion. Maybe you're right, I shouldn't be concerned with that age of the weapon, maybe its the age of the person that I'm replying to right now.

Nereid
Jun 8, 2011, 02:29 PM
It's extremely unlikely that they would leave 0/10 unchanged and all other grinds different..but you will probably never know, it is likely that Yohmei will win on your servers, too.

Edit: Let's reanalyze what this topic is about. A guy is worried that he will make the wrong choice when picking a weapon. I simply informed him that there are other options already available that are better or competitive, so it really doesn't matter what he chooses. Whether or not he decides to choose Yohmei and then replace his missing Firearm with a 10/10 Killer Elite is up to him, but it is clearly an option. I honestly don't care what other people's weapons are like because I play the game to have fun, not to harass other players. I was actually attempting to be helpful before people started telling me I was wrong, when I clearly was not.

Even things that don't win are hardly worse off..the wand loses some PP if it loses, the Axe loses a bit of attack, and the rifle loses a bit of ACC. They are all very powerful regardless, but at the same time if you don't 10/10 or 9/9 your prize there are better options already available.

I'm confused at how I *didn't* do that.

padiwac
Jun 8, 2011, 09:09 PM
The Elite is Cast only. Supporting GRM allows everyone to have the best rifle stats-wise in the game.

Nereid
Jun 8, 2011, 10:38 PM
That's true, too. The Elic isn't too much behind the Elite, though.