PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Sound Issues

Nereid
Jun 8, 2011, 11:29 PM
Lately I've noticed I have no or limited sound in certain areas. Sound will cut in and out, or certain parts of the environment will make sound while others don't. Areas I notice it in include all of White Beast, Dimma's boss arena, Falz's arena, Motherbrain. Any ideas what could be the problem?

XbikXBd
Jun 8, 2011, 11:31 PM
do u have BGM and SFX on?

Nereid
Jun 8, 2011, 11:38 PM
Yeah it works completely normally in most missions, its just White Beast and bosses.

XbikXBd
Jun 9, 2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah it works completely normally in most missions, its just White Beast and bosses.

i have the same problem with falz and Whiye beast but it was because i had BGM off

Nereid
Jun 9, 2011, 12:28 AM
In the in-game options or the options before the game launches?

XbikXBd
Jun 9, 2011, 12:38 AM
In the in-game options or the options before the game launches?

ingame

Keilyn
Jun 9, 2011, 12:40 AM
This happens a lot with how games process sound.

What I found that works, which is what many console gamers actually do and to me it is the only smart thing that they do....By smart I mean "a praise of the utmost intelligence deserving recognition" is that they love using External Sound Systems which bypass internals.

You see, right now the only video game in existence that uses full CD-Quality music in its full depth is Quake 3 Arena. Every other game uses low bitrate music. A lot of these sound cards and drivers try to make something sound more CD-LIKE by litering them with effects.

Its gotten so bad that it actually affects how fraps and dxtory record, sometimes giving tempoerary screen freezes in some comps.

What you can do is download the "All in one-codec" or use either the Default Windows 7 sound driver if running on-board sound (which is actually quite a decent one) and allows for bypassing to work..Or you can connect an External Sound System to the PC itself, which will use the Windows Sound Driver for a stable bypass and use the Internal Hardware of your sound system's amp to process the sound and it tends to go away.

I've gotten sound cuts before on sound cards and that actually is a sound-driver issue.

To be honest with you, I haven't used a sound card in years because of their horrible truth. A $100 hardware DAC will give you higher sound-quality in your PC than a $500 sound card ever will. ^_^

Crysteon
Jun 9, 2011, 12:57 AM
Lately I've noticed I have no or limited sound in certain areas. Sound will cut in and out, or certain parts of the environment will make sound while others don't. Areas I notice it in include all of White Beast, Dimma's boss arena, Falz's arena, Motherbrain. Any ideas what could be the problem?

Regarding environmental areas, I dunno what to say...some areas do have unnecessary sound to be honest, lol.

Regarding boss intros and end sequences, the reason why they sound like they are being cut while BGM's off is because the sound files are managed as music files instead of SE files (proof, I have lurked those files before, lol...damned ADX format!). For some reason, when BGM is off, the sound tries to play on intro and end sequences but stops abruptly, perhaps because it has some kind of priority to play and then it recognizes the flag that BGM is off (nice boolean values usage, ST.../sarcasm).

You shouldnt worry at all about it, I doubt it's a hardware problem or any of those shenanigans about sounds cards and stuff.

Nereid
Jun 9, 2011, 01:00 AM
I have both BGM and SFX on at 5...it's just annoying because I use the sound cues to land Exact Attacks and it's easier to get Counters when I hear the block noise x.x

Crysteon
Jun 9, 2011, 01:09 AM
I have both BGM and SFX on at 5...it's just annoying because I use the sound cues to land Exact Attacks and it's easier to get Counters when I hear the block noise x.x

Oh, okay...that makes it more clear, lolz.

Are you playing on frameskip bigger than 0? Sound cuts randomly from time to time...but I think it just happens on 2 or 3...I havent experimented it on 1 so far o_o.

Have you tried reinstalling DirectX drivers?

What settings do you have in sound preferences of PSU's Option menu?

Troubleshooting is not my forte /o\...

Nereid
Jun 9, 2011, 01:13 AM
\o/ Yeah I'm completely max settings, FS 0...the sound preferences I never changed though, maybe a different one will work better for me?

CyberNei
Jun 9, 2011, 01:50 AM
Try to uncheck グローバルフォーカスサウンド (global focus sound) box in game options, its checked by default. Long ago when i still played US version i had similar problems with sound, but never had it again when i unchecked it. o.o